PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Delving [MRQII]

Verlox
2010-07-24, 05:46 PM
Note: I'm sure most people know, but MRQII means Mongoose's Runequest II, the latest Runequest game.

So, I picked up the MRQII corebook, Monster Coliseum, and Necromancy a few days ago, and I REALLY like what I'm reading. I've haven't really been interested in BRP, Elric, Stormbringing, ect for my d% needs, and I've been wanting a more free system than DnD/Pathfinder. So MRQII fills the void quite well.

However, there is one things that I'm a little sketchy about. One thing I really like about DnD/Pathfinder is dungeon delving. In those games, it is a staple, and parties are more self-sufficient and tough thanks to central hitpoints.

In MRQII, it seems a little harder, what with hit locations, not having a ton of hitpoints per location, different healing rules than DnD/Pathfinder, and a myriad of other reasons.

And I've been wanting to run dungeons based off the ones in Demon's Souls, only bigger.

So, I ask, if anyone has played MRQII, and done successful dungeon dives, can you give me some tips.