PDA

View Full Version : A Weird Dream I Keep Having

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-07-24, 06:30 PM
I'm about 10 years old in the apartment that I lived in when I was 10.
My mother decides she doesn't like the couch so she burns it in the middle of the living room (nothing else lights on fire). At first I'm concerned and wireded-out but my mother tells me that everyone burns their furniture in the middle of the living room if they wish to dispose of it. After that the neighbors come over to burn THEIR couches in the middle of the living room and about then I wake up.
What can this mean? :smallconfused:

Trellan
2010-07-24, 06:36 PM
You need a new couch because yours is on fire?

Lady Tialait
2010-07-24, 06:45 PM
You need a new couch because yours is on fire?

Yes, that is what it means.

Odentin
2010-07-24, 06:47 PM
Furniture tends to symbolize your relationships with your family, your friends, and yourself. Since the couch is old, it might be outdated or old-fashioned attitudes.

Fire, in this case, seems to signify purification or transformation.

So, it might be time to let go of some outdated attitudes? Maybe some kind of feud with your mother that happened ages ago that needs to be forgotten? I only bring her up because she was in the dream...

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-07-24, 06:50 PM
Furniture tends to symbolize your relationships with your family, your friends, and yourself. Since the couch is old, it might be outdated or old-fashioned attitudes.

Fire, in this case, seems to signify purification or transformation.

So, it might be time to let go of some outdated attitudes? Maybe some kind of feud with your mother that happened ages ago that needs to be forgotten? I only bring her up because she was in the dream...

Ahhhhhh.
Thanks for the first comment that's actually helpful!

Dr.Epic
2010-07-24, 06:55 PM
All my recurring dreams have me running from some sort of monster.

Odentin
2010-07-24, 07:00 PM
Ahhhhhh.
Thanks for the first comment that's actually helpful!

No problem. :)

Dream dictionaries can sometimes have really useful information in them...

Fable Wright
2010-07-24, 08:33 PM
Also, it may have something to do with being a trailblazer; your mom starts burning a couch, and then others follow. And, just curious, where are you in this? Hiding behind something? Standing next to her, watching? Just standing and staring? That may have something to do with it, as well.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-07-24, 08:42 PM
Also, it may have something to do with being a trailblazer; your mom starts burning a couch, and then others follow. And, just curious, where are you in this? Hiding behind something? Standing next to her, watching? Just standing and staring? That may have something to do with it, as well.

I'm just standing there gaping.

Sillycomic
2010-07-24, 09:55 PM
There's also a sense of helplessness in the dream. You put yourself as 10 years old, and your mom at that time would be your ultimate authority figure in your life. So whatever she said or did... no matter how crazy or wrong it would seem like to you, is what goes.

So, at this moment in your life you could have some authority figure (boss, significant other, maybe even your parents) doing something you don't agree with, or don't understand, but are helpless to do anything about it.

Xyk
2010-07-24, 10:02 PM
Sounds to me like you feel like people around you are doing things that you don't understand. The world has left you behind and you feel like you've never really grown up enough to understand what's going on in the adult world. People are doing destructive things for unexplained reasons in the world just because "that's how it's done".

That's what a semester of high school psychology, an affinity for empathy and a father who is a psychologist gets you.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-07-24, 10:12 PM
I have nothing helpful to say except that totally cracked me up.

Dude, you need to charge your neighbors for using your LR as a burning pit! :smallamused:

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-24, 10:14 PM
Or it could just be a dream about your furniture being on fire.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-07-24, 10:21 PM
Or it could just be a dream about your furniture being on fire.
True. For a time I kept dreaming of things crawling into other thing's mouths. For instance, alligators standing still while another forced its way into the maw and burrowed inside.

Was wondering why the heck I was dreaming in that theme... and then it hit me. I'd been watching my pet doves feed their chicks, and the chicks can get pretty brutal, half-stuffing their heads down their throats to get at the stuff the parent regurgitates for them. Is kind of creepy watching it all. My younger brother came over and starts shouting, 'Hey, these doves are ripping out each other's throats!'

My dreams were projecting my idle imagination of 'what would it be like if other creatures did that'. Was simple as that.

The Succubus
2010-07-26, 05:14 AM
All my recurring dreams have me running from some sort of monster.

All my recurring dreams have me chasing something small and delicious down a corridor.

Vorpalbob
2010-07-26, 05:27 AM
All my recurring dreams have me chasing something small and delicious down a corridor.

As a (non)professional dream analyst, I say you play too much F.E.A.R. :smallbiggrin:

A recurring dream of mine is of me and a rock band on stage in a small bar (Freddie Mercury on vocals, me on rhythm ukulele and backup vocals, Slash on lead guitar, John Entwistle on bass, and Neal Peart on drums. Always these people. Once my friend Aaron joined on keyboards). After playing half of a song (I can never quite remember which one, but I always enjoy playing), the other band members quiet down and gesture for me to give a solo. I begin playing, but panic because I can't hear myself. I can hear everyone else perfectly, but no noise, even acoustic, comes from my uke. I can see that my bandmates and the audience are enjoying it, but I cannot hear. I wake up on the final chord of the song, a hard D. I remember only that chord. As I play the chord, my string breaks, and that is when I wake up.

The only dream interpreting book I have found is a poorly translated one of Chinese origin, so any help making sense of this would be greatly appreciated.

Odentin
2010-07-26, 05:34 AM
Band - Sense of community
Silence - Inability to express yourself
Panic - Loss of control in your life

The celebrities might not play a part in it at all, really, since they usually just represent themselves...

I can't even begin to put those pieces together, really. The D chord doesn't seem to represent anything in particular, though I could be wrong. Hope that helps, even a little...

Castaras
2010-07-26, 10:42 AM
Sounds like to me your brain is just tidying up. Nothing special, no hidden meaning.

[/cynic]

Vorpalbob
2010-07-26, 08:30 PM
Band - Sense of community
Silence - Inability to express yourself
Panic - Loss of control in your life

The celebrities might not play a part in it at all, really, since they usually just represent themselves...

I can't even begin to put those pieces together, really. The D chord doesn't seem to represent anything in particular, though I could be wrong. Hope that helps, even a little...

Thanks for this.

The D chord always confused me as well. I've gone through all of my sheet music and tabs, and the only song I know that ends like that is a jazz piece I learned several years ago, which is weird because the song we are playing is clearly an 80's rock song. I suppose to could be transposed from a different key, but I don't know...

super dark33
2010-07-27, 12:16 PM
well, my dreams are usually me in a chaos world like:

im in my room, going downstairs to my classroom then falling into a pit, then on spikes (it feels real!) etc.

but somtimes, i manage to control it, and make myself fly or shot fireballs

Cealocanth
2010-07-27, 09:45 PM
Repetitive dreams are often based off of things;

A: you're worrying about.

B: you've experienced during childhood, and that's a memory you've been remembering lately.

C: you're doing constantly.

From your description, I'd say that;

A: the people around you are slowly destroying your life/ childhood/ property.

B: you're disposing of your emotions and/or frusterations violently on the other people around you.

C: the people around you are taking their frusterations and/or emotions out on you.

D: the remaints of your childhood are haunting your mind by being present in your living room.

GenericGuy
2010-07-27, 09:54 PM
I have two recurring elements in my dreams; I'm always shorter than I am in real life, and whenever I start running I begin to crouch down and run on all fours.

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-27, 10:10 PM
I have two recurring elements in my dreams; I'm always shorter than I am in real life, and whenever I start running I begin to crouch down and run on all fours.

Obviously, your shortness represents your lack of self-confidence, and you run because you cannot deal with knowing that. You fall on all fours because its weight upon your life is keeping your spirits low.

Obviously.

GenericGuy
2010-07-27, 10:17 PM
Obviously, your shortness represents your lack of self-confidence, and you run because you cannot deal with knowing that. You fall on all fours because its weight upon your life is keeping your spirits low.

Obviously.

:smalleek:Well that's depressing......:smallamused:

Odentin
2010-07-27, 10:37 PM
:smalleek:Well that's depressing......:smallamused:

He's being cynical. Lemme see if I can get any imagery outta that...

Being shorter than normal indicates the feeling of being looked down upon or judged, or low self-esteem.

Running on all fours might be a version of not being able to run fast enough, which again indicates low self-esteem. Alternatively, it could be more animalistic, which indicates your more primal urges.

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-27, 10:39 PM
Wait, so my bull**** analysis was pretty spot-on?

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Odentin
2010-07-27, 10:43 PM
Wait, so my bull**** analysis was pretty spot-on?

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

You were close, yeah.

Then again, some imagery is more obvious than others...

GenericGuy
2010-07-27, 10:55 PM
He's being cynical. Lemme see if I can get any imagery outta that...

Being shorter than normal indicates the feeling of being looked down upon or judged, or low self-esteem.

Running on all fours might be a version of not being able to run fast enough, which again indicates low self-esteem. Alternatively, it could be more animalistic, which indicates your more primal urges.

So in sexy terms I'm that broody guy with an animalistic lust...........OH GOD NO I'M EDWARD CULLEN:smallfurious:

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-27, 10:57 PM
So in sexy terms I'm that broody guy with an animalistic lust...........OH GOD NO I'M EDWARD CULLEN:smallfurious:

Would you kindly punch yourself one hundred times in the groin? Thanks.

GenericGuy
2010-07-27, 11:03 PM
Would you kindly punch yourself one hundred times in the groin? Thanks.

Only manipulative clumsy teenage girls tell me what to do.:smallwink:

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-07-28, 12:32 AM
Y'know, there are worse things to be mastered by :smallamused:

Eloel
2010-07-28, 12:38 AM
Y'know, there are worse things to be mastered by :smallamused:

I don't think there are :smallconfused:

Lord Raziere
2010-07-28, 12:43 AM
I don't think there are :smallconfused:

there is: the person who writes them.

Zovc
2010-07-28, 12:45 AM
Dreams have meaning?

Odentin
2010-07-28, 12:49 AM
Dreams have meaning?

They can. It's all psychology...

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-28, 12:52 AM
Dreams have meaning?

No. We like to pretend they do, though.

Cealocanth
2010-07-28, 10:55 AM
Dreams have meaning?

Yes. Dreams are a byproduct of your brain organizing the thoughts, emotions, and information that you have processed during the day. Your brain has a tendency to process this information in a way that makes no sense to the part of you that tells what makes sense, so it puts this information together in a way that makes sense. If you saw a carpet during the day, and later you got muddy, that night you may find yourself sinking in a carpet made of mud.

Most are a lot more complicated than that though.

super dark33
2010-07-28, 12:59 PM
Repetitive dreams are often based off of things;

A: you're worrying about.

B: you've experienced during childhood, and that's a memory you've been remembering lately.

C: you're doing constantly.

From your description, I'd say that;

A: the people around you are slowly destroying your life/ childhood/ property.

B: you're disposing of your emotions and/or frusterations violently on the other people around you.

C: the people around you are taking their frusterations and/or emotions out on you.

D: the remaints of your childhood are haunting your mind by being present in your living room.

ummm no, its more like:

dream scripter 1:hey hes sleeping again!
dream scripter 2:now we have fun!

its not an event, but what that my over muscular brain thinks about, when im in it! (the pain, THE PAIN!)

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-28, 08:14 PM
Well, my friendly opponents, I had a dream where my older sister was taking photos of creepy dolls. Then the dolls attacked me. Explain.

ApeofLight
2010-07-28, 08:28 PM
You have a phobia of creepy dolls and your sister is a photographer or is at least interested in photography.

That or its a sign to stay away from creepy dolls.

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-28, 08:34 PM
You have a phobia of creepy dolls and your sister is a photographer or is at least interested in photography.

That or its a sign to stay away from creepy dolls.

Actually, my sister is a missionary and I've hardly had a doll in my life.

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-29, 01:11 PM
It might help to mention I had seen Toy Story 3 the night beforehand.

IonDragon
2010-07-29, 03:26 PM
Well, my friendly opponents, I had a dream where my older sister was taking photos of creepy dolls. Then the dolls attacked me. Explain.

Stop watching Chucky movies.

On an unrelated note, I once had a dream where I went to the zoo with my cousin, stole the security guard's gun, killed him with it, went to the bird cage (which was like the one in Jurasic park with the Terodactyls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterosaur)) then I flew away, under my own power, fought the Power Puff girls, won, then woke up because I was bored of the dream world. Go.

EDIT: Also, I was firing mah lazors (http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/b/b9/Shoop-da-id4.jpg).

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-29, 04:14 PM
Stop watching Chucky movies.

On an unrelated note, I once had a dream where I went to the zoo with my cousin, stole the security guard's gun, killed him with it, went to the bird cage (which was like the one in Jurasic park with the Terodactyls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterosaur)) then I flew away, under my own power, fought the Power Puff girls, won, then woke up because I was bored of the dream world. Go.

Don't do drugs.

Odentin
2010-07-29, 06:00 PM
It might help to mention I had seen Toy Story 3 the night beforehand.

That might be it. Your brain was processing what it had just seen. No mystery there.

grimbold
2010-07-29, 06:06 PM
when i was 8-11 i had a recurring dream about a bald man and his demon anteater chasing me in the dark

Jokasti
2010-07-29, 06:25 PM

Hello, Michael. I want to play a game.

super dark33
2010-07-29, 06:29 PM
when i was 8-11 i had a recurring dream about a bald man and his demon anteater chasing me in the dark

it represent fears, or things like that, i always hear stuff in my head! they say nonsense!

Cealocanth
2010-07-29, 06:31 PM
ummm no, its more like:

dream scripter 1:hey hes sleeping again!
dream scripter 2:now we have fun!

its not an event, but what that my over muscular brain thinks about, when im in it! (the pain, THE PAIN!)

What I said there was more of what the dream might have been trying to tell you, but if you think that your brain is torturing you for the sake of it, I agree with TheLaughingMan. Don't do drugs.

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-29, 07:35 PM

The bald man clearly represents your father, because everyone has family issues in psychology. Going from there, the anteater might represent his mistress, who you saw with him one night. The darkness represents your inability to decide what to do, which would be perfectly understandable, considering you're.. what? Twelve? Thirteen? (going by spelling/grammar)

You poor soul.

IonDragon
2010-07-29, 08:17 PM
Oh, if this wasn't so funny it might be trolling... /sigh.

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-31, 07:32 PM
Any other strange dreams/hallucinations you'd like to disclose to my colleagues and me?

Xyk
2010-08-01, 02:19 AM
Any other strange dreams/hallucinations you'd like to disclose to my colleagues and me?

I have one that I posted somewhere in the playground awhile ago, lemme see if I can find it...

For some reason my high school (which I still attend, though it's summer) was holding a talent show of sorts at my local performing arts center. The first act was some sort of orchestra whose members I did not recognize despite my involvement in the school fine arts programs. I was on the stage kind of off to the side, not performing. Various interesting horns were at the performance including one that was about 6 feet tall and worn as a hat (?). For some reason I was sliding all over the place like I was on a nearly frictionless boat. I had to grasp at columns and whatnot to stay stable but that never worked. I remember feeling embarrassed for sliding all over the place on stage. Eventually some girl who I did not recognize from behind slid near me. She was wearing a hippie skirt (which is not wholly uncommon in my region) and a tie-dye shirt. Curly black hair. When we both hit a wall I caught her and was somehow much more stable than I was before. She turned her head and her face was of this girl I sort of have a crush on though rarely talk to, (and her actual hair is very straight and her skin is darker). We chatted for a little bit with words I do not recall and then she slipped and continued to slide as did I. Later as I had found a post and successfully latched on, my family showed up and did some talent things and made me feel inadequate because I was still slidey and couldn't perform as I had apparently planned. And then I woke up.

I found it.

Castaras
2010-08-01, 07:24 AM

Hi, I'm 17 and last I checked I was female. I can be manipulative when I want to and I trip over my own feet quite a bit.

Punch yourself in the groin 100 times please. :smalltongue:

RE:Insanity
2010-08-01, 07:31 AM
My dreams seem to be a series of TV shows in the way that groups of them are strung together one after the other in episodic order. That, and they keep having gust stars from my other dreams.
Now, as someone with degrees in various kinds of psychology, legal insanity (it expired fifteen years ago, whatever), and experience with this sort of stuff, I can say that A: it was just a dream, B: you have been or need to dispose of something and it's bothering you, C: you have familial problems with your mother that may need to be taken care of, or that may stem from her disposing of something you loved.
It could also be that you have anger issues regarding family or some old belonging.

Glad_Vampyre
2010-08-01, 04:08 PM
Mostly my dreams are simple. A bunch of gobble-d-goop that makes no since. But I know if I'm having a "problem to deal with" dream when theres a tornado in it. Im guessing tornados have a significant part in my mind with something I have to do. Someone please tell me thats kinda ok?........... Anybody?:smalleek:

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-01, 04:13 PM
Mostly my dreams are simple. A bunch of gobble-d-goop that makes no since. But I know if I'm having a "problem to deal with" dream when theres a tornado in it. Im guessing tornados have a significant part in my mind with something I have to do. Someone please tell me thats kinda ok?........... Anybody?:smalleek:

You're that one chick from Twister?

Glad_Vampyre
2010-08-01, 05:10 PM
You're that one chick from Twister?

I'm not following you on that one.... Do you mean actress or the chick that freaks out on the ride at Universal Studios?

waterpenguin43
2010-08-01, 05:14 PM
I'm about 10 years old in the apartment that I lived in when I was 10.
My mother decides she doesn't like the couch so she burns it in the middle of the living room (nothing else lights on fire). At first I'm concerned and wireded-out but my mother tells me that everyone burns their furniture in the middle of the living room if they wish to dispose of it. After that the neighbors come over to burn THEIR couches in the middle of the living room and about then I wake up.
What can this mean? :smallconfused:

A couch could symbolize comfort, relaxation or sloth.

Burning it could be a symbol of getting up and starting to work for your goals.

The living room could be a symbol of family and togetherness, and neighbours could symbolize friendship.

So, it could mean getting help from your friends and family to start working.

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-01, 05:15 PM
I'm not following you on that one.... Do you mean actress or the chick that freaks out on the ride at Universal Studios?

Read the synopsis. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twister_(1996_film))

Glad_Vampyre
2010-08-01, 06:28 PM
Read the synopsis. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twister_(1996_film))

Ah. Understood. I can't watch that movie... gives me the heebee jeebees.

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-02, 08:44 PM
I have one that I posted somewhere in the playground awhile ago, lemme see if I can find it...

For some reason my high school (which I still attend, though it's summer) was holding a talent show of sorts at my local performing arts center. The first act was some sort of orchestra whose members I did not recognize despite my involvement in the school fine arts programs. I was on the stage kind of off to the side, not performing. Various interesting horns were at the performance including one that was about 6 feet tall and worn as a hat (?). For some reason I was sliding all over the place like I was on a nearly frictionless boat. I had to grasp at columns and whatnot to stay stable but that never worked. I remember feeling embarrassed for sliding all over the place on stage. Eventually some girl who I did not recognize from behind slid near me. She was wearing a hippie skirt (which is not wholly uncommon in my region) and a tie-dye shirt. Curly black hair. When we both hit a wall I caught her and was somehow much more stable than I was before. She turned her head and her face was of this girl I sort of have a crush on though rarely talk to, (and her actual hair is very straight and her skin is darker). We chatted for a little bit with words I do not recall and then she slipped and continued to slide as did I. Later as I had found a post and successfully latched on, my family showed up and did some talent things and made me feel inadequate because I was still slidey and couldn't perform as I had apparently planned. And then I woke up.

I found it.

What is this I don't even

*ahem*

Your sliding represents your repressed(?) fear of water, or perhaps wishy-washy-ness. This puts you at conflict with your family, who is either fed up with your inability to choose (latter) or they're just fishermen (former). You are subconsciously jealous of them for their decision making abilities or perhaps something boat related I don't know.

Your (possibly former, given the amount of times between posts) crush being in hippy clothes is slightly more comprehensible. Given her being dressed up as a native, this might represent familiarity with her, or that you see her as just another face in the crowd.

That's the best I can make of it.

Xyk
2010-08-02, 09:13 PM
What is this I don't even

That was my impression.

As for the rest of it, I am not afraid of water and my parents are not fishermen. I swim pretty often. The wishy-washy is not a bad idea. I have been struggling with deciding what to do with my life. I have a long list of unrelated careers and majors for college (which I apply for this fall).

Other stuff could be true also.

Thanks for trying, this has been bothering me.

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-03, 12:58 PM
Okay, here's one I don't get.

I was walking around in my backyard, right? When all of a sudden one of those sliders from The Sims shows up. I, slightly amused, decide to go ahead and mess with the sliders. Next thing I know, there's this girl next to me by the name of Katherine, who I had apparently just created.

She had short hair, rather pretty, around my size, with brown hair and blue eyes. I believe she was wearing some sort of white dress or something. So she just heads inside to the kitchen (which is adjoined to our living room), and my brother's sitting there on his laptop, and he's confused about her presence as well. Then she heads upstairs, and I ask my brother if he saw her (to assure myself of my sanity). He says he did, and he's very confused. I go on and follow her upstairs.

When I get upstairs, she's nowhere to be found, and my dad's playing The Sims for some reason. I go up to the screen, and sure enough, there she is. She had apparently been busy ruining the other Sims' lives with her clumsiness. Moments later, my dad gets a win screen(?), and it's this art thing of Katherine and one of the other sims. Only thing odd about this (other than the "win screen" thing) is that now she's wearing my clothes, and the other Sim is wearing all white.

super dark33
2010-08-03, 04:48 PM
i would say:

STOP PLAYING SIMS TOO MUCH!

RE:Insanity
2010-08-03, 04:51 PM
Maybe you miss a girl who looks like that, or feel that your parents are too controlling.

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-03, 06:22 PM
i would say:

STOP PLAYING SIMS TOO MUCH!

I've played Sims twice in my life.

IonDragon
2010-08-05, 02:34 AM
I've played Sims twice in my life.

Clearly you need a girl that doesn't only exist within the computer... You sad, sad man.

Have you considered match.com?

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-05, 02:42 AM
I'm not old enough.

I sorta just considered it a plot to a bad anime, but hey, crippling loneliness works too.

The Cyberwolf
2010-08-05, 02:04 PM
I had this really weird dream about a girl I didn't even like. We were running around the swimming pool car park, and we seemed to have magic wands, for some reason.

Cealocanth
2010-08-05, 09:51 PM
So, Dr. TheLaughingMan. would you be willing to piece apart my most recent Playground dream?

I walk into Trog's Tavern, everyone I recognise in the playground is their, and is their avatar, including me. I sit myself down at a table next to Introbulus and converse with him. We have a conversation as if I was talling to a chatbot, some answers don't make sense, etc. We talk about things like axe weilding monstrosity in the playground and misspelled prehhistoric fish in the playground. Eventually we discover that we both have tails. Introbulus decides that this calls for a celebration and stands up and announces it to everyone. A party, more or less starts where the bartender is serving internets as a treat. The internets look like cookies with I painted on them in blue frosting. They taste like sugar cookies. I wake up.

chiasaur11
2010-08-05, 10:13 PM
Well, I have been having a weird recurring dream lately.

Might as well mention.

I'm in a hotel, or a hospital, or a mansion. Exact details vary, but it's always a fairly big place, and it seems to be mine, to a greater or lesser extent.

And then I'm approached by a couple guys in suits. Usually they claim to work security, or they're investigators, or something.

And then they ask about a safe of some kind, or a safe deposit box, or a bank. They seem interested.

Sometimes, after that, everyone other than the men in the suits seem to go insane. Waiters, or doctors, or whoever. They all become homicidal maniacs. They go for the men in the suits first, every time. Guns, knives, I even saw them drawn and quartered by previously harmless seeming small children.

Any ideas as to meaning?

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-05, 11:16 PM
So, Dr. TheLaughingMan. would you be willing to piece apart my most recent Playground dream?

I walk into Trog's Tavern, everyone I recognise in the playground is their, and is their avatar, including me. I sit myself down at a table next to Introbulus and converse with him. We have a conversation as if I was talling to a chatbot, some answers don't make sense, etc. We talk about things like axe weilding monstrosity in the playground and misspelled prehhistoric fish in the playground. Eventually we discover that we both have tails. Introbulus decides that this calls for a celebration and stands up and announces it to everyone. A party, more or less starts where the bartender is serving internets as a treat. The internets look like cookies with I painted on them in blue frosting. They taste like sugar cookies. I wake up.

You're a closeted furry and/or should go outside more.

EDIT: This is also completely in-character for Introbulus. It's amazing.

Fable Wright
2010-08-06, 12:46 AM

Might as well mention.

I'm in a hotel, or a hospital, or a mansion. Exact details vary, but it's always a fairly big place, and it seems to be mine, to a greater or lesser extent.

And then I'm approached by a couple guys in suits. Usually they claim to work security, or they're investigators, or something.

And then they ask about a safe of some kind, or a safe deposit box, or a bank. They seem interested.

Sometimes, after that, everyone other than the men in the suits seem to go insane. Waiters, or doctors, or whoever. They all become homicidal maniacs. They go for the men in the suits first, every time. Guns, knives, I even saw them drawn and quartered by previously harmless seeming small children.

Any ideas as to meaning?

Did you recently watch inception? That may explain part of it, at least...

Also, spoiler boxes are appreciated.

super dark33
2010-08-06, 03:33 AM
i had a dream,that wasnt chaos:

i was in my room, sleeping, then i figured out that the lights was on (in the dream) so i woke up, and turned them off (on) i slept, then i woke up, because the lights were on, so i turned them off.it kept going till sunrise, where i had a diffrent dream where 2 lawyers were laughing with me for 2 hours

IonDragon
2010-08-06, 03:53 AM
There's a really short joke about guy's being able to sleep with the light on, unfortunately, I'm not sure if the punch line would get me in trouble and I'm tired of getting warning...

Cespenar
2010-08-06, 04:31 AM

Might as well mention.

Any ideas as to meaning?

You watch too many zombie apocalypse flicks lately? Because that sounds like a perfect first thirty minutes of such a movie.

Or, in a bit more serious note, you suspect someone's keeping a secret that might hurt people you know/like.

i had a dream,that wasnt chaos:

i was in my room, sleeping, then i figured out that the lights was on (in the dream) so i woke up, and turned them off (on) i slept, then i woke up, because the lights were on, so i turned them off.it kept going till sunrise, where i had a diffrent dream where 2 lawyers were laughing with me for 2 hours

Easy. First one, you are unsure about what to do with a problem of yours. Second, you have some legal stuff that you dealt with successfully.

This is fun, by the way. To hypothesize with reckless abandon.

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-06, 12:00 PM
I had this really weird dream about a girl I didn't even like. We were running around the swimming pool car park, and we seemed to have magic wands, for some reason.

Now this sounds like the plot of an anime.

Anyways, I'd say the swimming pool car park is a horrible stealth pun, while I think the whole "Running around with your enemies" thing is your subconscious saying that perhaps you could give frriendship a try. It might pay off.

Also, if a park like that existed, the world would be a better place.

super dark33
2010-08-09, 05:16 PM
i once had a dream of watching myself sleeping. when the sun go up, i just enterd my own body, like a ghost or somthing.....

IonDragon
2010-08-11, 06:43 AM
i once had a dream of watching myself sleeping. when the sun go up, i just enterd my own body, like a ghost or somthing.....
That wasn't a dream, that was an "out of body experience", probably caused by a lacking sense of self. Stare into the mirror for a little while and it won't happen again.

PS: You should have come see me while you were free of your body, it would have been faster to get the explanation that way.

super dark33
2010-08-11, 11:58 AM
hmmmm ok, i used to see a wizard sleeping when i was 5, when he woke up, i woke up

Castaras
2010-08-12, 04:52 PM
Hmm, okay then people. Analyse a dream for me. :smallamused:

I'm sitting in my bed, talking to an Orc (with a c or a k I'm not sure). He's explaining to me what I should do so that I go to sleep quicker. His plan involves a massive flamethrower, lots of "Dakka" (which in this dream is a small rodent with massive pointy teeth), and using both these methods to kill hobbits and elves. I wake up just after he's finished explaining to me how to use the flamethrower (iirc, it's something to do with making yourself drunk as hell then aiming it and yelling "For pony!")

My personal analysis of it was "Cassie, go back to sleep, it's 2 in the morning, too early to fry hobbits."

The Succubus
2010-08-12, 05:55 PM
Your ability to multitask is truly impressive. I'm guessing you were playing Dawn of War, while crafting something in Lord of the Rings Online. On your TV you had Ice Age playing in the background and just trawled the LFG archives while drinking enough caffeine to poison a City stock broker.

Am I close?

Fiery Diamond
2010-08-12, 06:08 PM
Man, this thread is awesome. Unfortunately, though in the past I had lots of recurring dreams and lots of dreams with recurring locations or recurring characters, I haven't had any interesting dreams lately. Let's make a list of interesting dream things I remember...

Recurring Locations (along with associated themes)
1) My House: However, there are usually a few things different about it. Different dreams have different differences, but usually multiple dreams will have the same sets of differences from reality.

A) My house IRL is fairly long. On one end (I'll call it the "left" end, as that is the direction it is in if you face out of the house through the front door) is my sister's bedroom, followed by our spacious sunroom which has lots of windows, followed by the main hallway (off of which is my room on the front, then my folks room on the back, then my bro's room on the front and the bathroom across the hall from it), followed by the foyer. Then the living room is in the front of the house on the right side, the kitchen and then dining room in the back, and the stairs down to the basement in between on the left and the stairs up to the attic in between on the right.

B) In my dreams, my house is almost identical. However, the hallway is always significantly longer. The stairs to the basement go down much farther and descend into darkness. The basement in much more spacious (read: huge) with lots of nooks and crannies, though it mildly resembles reality in some other ways. The sunroom is sometimes larger, sometimes filled with water and fish, and sometimes a place I go to look out into my front yard (which is almost always different from reality). The living room, dining room, and kitchen are mostly the same, as are the driveway, my room, and my sister's room. The bathroom and my brother's room usually don't exist.

C) Themes: Monsters come from the direction of my sister's room/the sunroom at night to kill me. Monsters come from the direction of the stairs to the basement at night to kill me. I must fall down the stairs in a floaty manner and brave the basement where There Be Monsters/Murderers. Once I dreamt that a burglar had broken into the house. Another theme is our sizable front yard being turned into/used as a parking lot by strangers/truckers. This always upsets me. Once the front yard was absolutely huge and snow-covered with plateaus and stuff. It melted and was a beautiful, beautiful scene of waterfalls. When I was little, I was deathly afraid of owls (don't ask me why) so I dreamt they would break in through my window to come kill me. And another theme is strangers coming in with their cars while my folks are out and me trying to keep the garage door closed (unsuccessfully) to keep them out.

2)My severely altered neighborhood: the first bit where my driveway is is accurate, but as it gets further out it starts getting much different. The really weird part is that it is almost exactly the same in every dream with my neighborhood. I mean, almost exactly the same in the thousands of dreams I have had including it, despite it not having any resemblance to reality. Common themes here include running away (to find parents, to flee from strangers, to flee from fake parents, to seek adventure, to find friends, to flee from crap that just doesn't make any sense, etc.). Another theme is me driving a car/other vehicle in my escape. Sometimes I'm flying instead. Usually, this involves me flying too high for comfort and desperately trying to get closer to the ground (I'm afraid of heights).

3) The Library. Not related to any real library, but a library that appears quite often. It generally has the same makeup with the same staircases and layout of where rooms/books/bathrooms are. Usually, the theme is that I'm trying to find a bathroom to go in. However, the bathroom there has several rows of toilets (no stalls or anything) about fifteen long and they are all clogged or otherwise unusable. I have a privacy issue with bathrooms, so no stalls means terror mode.

4) Somewhat related, The School. Most frequently this is my high school, but occasionally it is my middle school. Some parts are extremely accurate to real life, other parts are not (though they are almost always the same). Themes include missing classes I have to attend, failing classes, running around in hallways, not knowing my locker combination, not being able to get my bookbag or gym clothes, and needing to use the bathroom but all the bathrooms being not gender-specific and having stalls that are only like one foot to two feet high, so I'm trying to go and boys and girls are both wandering about, making me very self-conscious. The School also serves as a nexus for various other dreams, such as many related to particular people or events.

5) The Ice Cream Shop. Whenever I'm in a dream where I'm on some form of road trip, the Ice Cream Shop makes its appearance. It is a tiny little fast food joint (the size of a small hut) that serves the best ice cream around. That's it. No real themes.

6) The Interstate. This one is specific to "road trip" dreams. Road trip dreams include "I must get home!", "I must complete this quest!" and "I must escape!" primarily. They usually involve driving cars, flying over trucks (while not in a car, usually), running along the interstate, avoiding crashing into trains, hitching rides on trains, getting lost, and getting arrested among other things. The Interstate varies depending on the dream.

I feel like I'm forgetting some. I'll probably remember later.

Ah, I remembered the last one.

7) The Church. Based rather accurately (in most parts) on the church I grew up attending. Themes include me doing magic (... well ...), me chasing after girls I like (... you know, this is just strange ...), and strangers/aliens/monsters (... I kinda don't want to know why all this happens at the church in my dream)

I can't think of any recurring characters off the top of my head, though I know there have been. There have been plenty of people I know in real life in my dreams (usually family members or girls I have crushes on). And, of course, I'm a recurring character. Many times (perhaps most) I am capable of using magic, which is never less than flight, though it frequently involves much more. This is actually because for all of my childhood, I played pretend where I was a magical person. It carried over as a "well, duh I have magic!" in my dreams.

I actually had two really fascinating (and rather long) dreams last summer (as in a year ago) that I recorded (one by writing and the other by voice...the voice recording is thirty minutes long...it was, as I said, a long dream). I may post them later, but my hands are tired for just posting this.

Castaras
2010-08-13, 08:19 AM
Your ability to multitask is truly impressive. I'm guessing you were playing Dawn of War, while crafting something in Lord of the Rings Online. On your TV you had Ice Age playing in the background and just trawled the LFG archives while drinking enough caffeine to poison a City stock broker.

Am I close?

Certainly makes more sense than the dream did. :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2010-08-13, 08:27 AM
According to the neat little checkmark by the thread, or lack of one, I haven't posted the link to my dream blog in here yet.
http://dreamlogincolor.blogspot.com
Enjoy the weirdness of my subconscious.

CrimsonAngel
2010-08-13, 08:45 AM
So last night I had a dream I woke up and a bunch of huge beetle things were trying to crawl into my mouth. I couldn't go back to sleep. :smallfrown:

Anteros
2010-08-13, 09:02 AM
No one really knows the actual significance of dreams. Everything that anyone says is just guesswork. I personally find the theories that your brain is somehow "tidying up" or processing information into or out of your long-term memory are much more likely than the theories that have you looking for hidden meanings in everything.

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-13, 10:35 PM
Fiery Diamond: You have issues with your sister and you want to leave your neighborhood.

CrimsonAngel: Reminds me of Penumbra, and the guy who wouldn't stop eating the spiders. You... you don't want to know what happened.

Lord Raziere
2010-08-13, 11:20 PM
I only ever have dreams once, but they are weird.....

one of the things I dreamt was that I kept bouncing off walls, then right before was I going to crash into the last wall, I woke up.

another dream was me, in school hall and all class mates were walking around, one of them was using a ladder for something and the others were all riding desk-bicycles, then turn right to a door that opened up to a crowded desk, somebody said something, then I woke up.

another dream is me running around back forth in a dark school hall at night and finding the doors are locked, then somehow waking up.

in another dream I saw Hiro Nakamura......stabbing people, just running around stabbing people with his katana in this room where a bunch of identical people kept running in to be stabbed by him, I think they were all Hiro, and the original was trying to stab all the others and all the others were trying to stab him to become the new original Hiro until the last Hiro was alive and became the original one. I woke up before I saw the outcome though.

that is all the dreams I can remember.

Eldan
2010-08-14, 06:32 AM
I fell asleep on the train today. Don't remember all the details, but apparently World of Warcraft gave all it's players worldwide psychic powers. They then tried to hunt me down.

super dark33
2010-08-14, 06:48 AM
one of the things I dreamt was that I kept bouncing off walls, then right before was I going to crash into the last wall, I woke up.

another dream was me, in school hall and all class mates were walking around, one of them was using a ladder for something and the others were all riding desk-bicycles, then turn right to a door that opened up to a crowded desk, somebody said something, then I woke up.

another dream is me running around back forth in a dark school hall at night and finding the doors are locked, then somehow waking up.

in another dream I saw Hiro Nakamura......stabbing people, just running around stabbing people with his katana in this room where a bunch of identical people kept running in to be stabbed by him, I think they were all Hiro, and the original was trying to stab all the others and all the others were trying to stab him to become the new original Hiro until the last Hiro was alive and became the original one. I woke up before I saw the outcome though.

first one:
its just somthing you were imagening. happens to me too

second one: maybe somthin happend to your school or is going to happen...

third one: maybe you watched some horror movies

forth one: maybe you are angry about his imposters and want the orginal one to kill them all

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-14, 12:09 PM
I fell asleep on the train today. Don't remember all the details, but apparently World of Warcraft gave all it's players worldwide psychic powers. They then tried to hunt me down.

I suddenly have an urge to play WoW.

super dark33
2010-08-15, 01:44 AM

maybe you should stop playing WoW

Eldan
2010-08-15, 06:33 AM
I only played WoW once, for about 2 months, and that was back when it first came out.

I mean, otherwise, I'd have psychic powers as well, and wouldn't have to escape on foot, armed with a broomstick.

Cealocanth
2010-08-15, 11:26 AM
Would any of you mind analyzing this repetitive dream setting.

I'm in the middle of a desert like area. The ground is gray and dusty, composed of extremely fine sand that's as light as air and glistens like diamonds. The sky is dull and gives off little light on to the world below. Hills shift and slide like the Great Sand Dunes. There's the occasional shrub or tuft of grass, but they are always thorny and gray like the ground around it. Before me sits a long winding path that coils into the horizon like a snake, somehow, I know it goes on forever. As the land rises and falls, the path does too.

chiasaur11
2010-08-15, 03:15 PM
I only played WoW once, for about 2 months, and that was back when it first came out.

I mean, otherwise, I'd have psychic powers as well, and wouldn't have to escape on foot, armed with a broomstick.

Have you considered the other players might have been vegans?

super dark33
2010-08-15, 03:28 PM
Would any of you mind analyzing this repetitive dream setting.

I'm in the middle of a desert like area. The ground is gray and dusty, composed of extremely fine sand that's as light as air and glistens like diamonds. The sky is dull and gives off little light on to the world below. Hills shift and slide like the Great Sand Dunes. There's the occasional shrub or tuft of grass, but they are always thorny and gray like the ground around it. Before me sits a long winding path that coils into the horizon like a snake, somehow, I know it goes on forever. As the land rises and falls, the path does too.

well, thats just a brain issue, if you imagine somthing happens, like watching a ball rolling, its hard to make him stop. for you, you didnt plan the next checkpoint in the gray deasert adventure

The_JJ
2010-08-15, 03:53 PM
Alright, I've got a couple. One is me hiding. From something. Sometimes Darth Vader is chasing me down a bike path, then I hid in a tunnel, sneak out, steal a speeder bike, have a step 3: ??? moment, then end up disembodied following a Rome Total War general as he rides down wave after wave of barbarians in double fast motion. Once I was joining a 17th century crusade on Jerusalem with my classmates when we were trapped outside the city gates. After ineffectually throwing objects into the brawl... from the outside part of the wall (not sure how this works) some lady comes up and tasks me with a secret mission. We must sneak in and find some C4 stashed inside. We have to open this crate without getting caught, and I'm sitting at the bottom of these stairs on lookout.

In both these dreams the random crap is... emotionally disconnected. they just kinda happen and I play along with that weird dream logic. Only the feeling of hiding, that, you tension remains. It's pretty recurring.

The other is running. Pretty standard. T-rex, werewolf, whatever. Well, except for a few time, and this really freaked me. First off, monochrome, empty suburbia. I know someone's following me, but I can't hear/see them. Actually, I can't hear anything but my own breathing and the slapslapslap of my sandals on concrete as I run and run, not the flat sprint of the chase but the determined I-know-he's-following-me-must-keep-going run. Over hills, down hills along endless curves and around pointless turns as the silent suburban houses watch me go by.

And another recurring one is me defending my house/a building that feels home-ish against... stuff. Dad gone werewolf, must lock the back door door. (Which was bad when you're twelve. I like my dad. :smallfrown:) Sometimes it's full on me and friends vs. spec ops teams in a high rise. That one ended with a grenade.

Then there's this one that starts with a cute girl with purple eyes and a short hair cut, but I don't think that requires a whole lot of analysis. :smallwink:

super dark33
2010-08-15, 04:00 PM
i know EXECLY how you feel

Drascin
2010-08-15, 04:25 PM
I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do I find my brain tends to make cinematic stories, with camera pans and miniplots and everything - some of them funny, and some of them of the kind that gets you a few hours of not sleeping anymore.

For example, right last night I had

this strange thing about a kid (around 14 or so) in a kind of Mayincatec (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Mayincatec) civilization who had to do a ceremony sacrificing some sort of black tablet on top of the massive temple - except the tablet in question seemed to be conscious or have a soul bound inside it or something (I don't quite remember the details. I think there was a little girl involved somewhere. Maybe the one in the tablet was her?). Well, suffice to say, the tablet talked, and the kid was all "sod this I'm bailing" to his mom, who was there as the official witness, and they try to find a way to smuggle a chatty three-foot obsidian rectangle out of the top balcony. He manages to throw it into another balcony a few floors lower (which, being awake and reviewing the image in my head, was physically impossible, but dreams are like that) then rappelling down himself to get to that floor and run the heck away before anyone notices.

And then I woke up.

The funny thing is that dreams are extremely vivid and detailed, to the point I can tell you how the tablet feels to the touch (kinda warm and oddly sandy for something made of stone, btw). This is okay when it's just The Adventures of Kid Indaztec Jones, but, well...

There is this other one, the structure of which tends to repeat itself, changing threats and situations. Namely, I'm with a group of people - a team of soldiers I'm part of, a group of survivors, whatever - and there's some threat in the shadows, and it picks us off one by one much as we try to avoid it. Sometimes it's a scenario straight out of Alien with marines and everything, other times, it's more Jurassic Park with a dozen velociraptors around, but the base theme is the same, whether abandoned base or jungle. In many of these I end up sacrificing myself to do something that gives the remaining survivors a much better chance somehow, in some others I manage to get to some means of escape, L4D style.

And let's just say that waking up in a startle to the vivid tactile imagination of a velociraptor breathing on your neck (to the point that that it's not rare I wake up literally jumping upright and all but punching) is the kind of thing that ensures you won't be sleeping much more that night :smalltongue:.

Zom B
2010-08-26, 07:14 PM
I've had fevers pretty regularly throughout the last few days, and I remember one of those fever dreams pretty clearly:

I'm sitting in a stone room. I'm going to say it was about 5' x 10'. The Grim Reaper keeps coming in and dumping bodies that are duplicates of me, and all the while I keep singing "Buffalo Soldier".

Thing is, I'm not a particular fan of Bob Marley. I mean, if one of his songs comes on a radio near me, I won't mind listening to it, but it wouldn't be what I stop at if I'm flipping through radio stations.

IonDragon
2010-08-26, 08:43 PM
Protip: Don't clone yourself, or the Grim Reaper will be very cross with you.

chiasaur11
2010-08-29, 01:59 AM
Protip: Don't clone yourself, or the Grim Reaper will be very cross with you.

Eh, we have an understanding.

Based on a VERY firm handshake.

Drakevarg
2010-08-29, 02:16 AM
This is a fun thread to watch. :smalltongue:

Dream of mine:

I'm in a run down, dimly lit, industrial-looking building, imagine the general design aesthetic of the maitenance hallways (the ones where the general public generally aren't supposed to go), only now make everything rusty and damp. I'm running full tilt through this building, jumping over inexplicably placed dumpsters, down stairwells, whatever. Evidently in this dream I'm a Parkour master, since none of this slows me down in the least.

The hallways are staffed -- sparsely -- by the faculty of my high school. They're mostly just milling about doing nonspecific things, or just standing around holding coffee mugs. They don't seem particularly interested in what's happening.

I'm being chased by some sort of tentacle-y plant monster with Venus Flytrap-esque mouths at the end of its vines. I never look back to see what the actual body of this thing looks like, only catching brief glimpses of it as I turn corners or jump down flights of stairs. But whatever it is, it's fast, since I'm running full tilt and it's always at my heels.

Psychoanalyze meh.

super dark33
2010-08-31, 09:30 AM
first: you think your school and the people in it are boring and old (the reason of the rust and the milling people)
second:you are afraid of predetor plants (the monster)
third:you can control your dreams and its good (the parkour mastery)