PDA

View Full Version : I Just Got A Snuggie...

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-07-24, 07:18 PM
I just got a Snuggie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iUo_qdekwI) and I LOVE it!
I wear it everywhere, find excuses to wear it, and even rant about it to my basically everyone I know (including you now). I may even buy more of different colors so I can choose which one I want to wear every night and morning. You should totally buy one!

Raistlin1040
2010-07-24, 07:21 PM
Not on your life, sport.

SDF
2010-07-24, 07:22 PM
You got a WTF blanket? "The WTF blanket... just... give up."

Dr.Epic
2010-07-24, 07:23 PM
I never really saw the appear of snuggies.

Pheehelm
2010-07-24, 07:24 PM
You can't just wear a bathrobe backwards?

Comet
2010-07-24, 07:27 PM
It's a blanket with holes in it, right? And it makes you look like a medieval monk when you're wearing it.

Awesomesauce. Even so, I'll still keep to using oldschool blankets when it gets cold. Might start cutting them, though, since it seems to be the cool thing to do in this day and age.

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-24, 07:29 PM
It's a blanket with holes in it, right? And it makes you look like a medieval monk when you're wearing it.

I always associated it with the occult, but that works too.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-07-24, 07:29 PM

Awesomesauce. Even so, I'll still keep to using oldschool blankets when it gets cold. Might start cutting them, though, since it seems to be the cool thing to do in this day and age.

It also has sleeves so you look like an old-school wizard at home after a long day of fighting Balrogs.

Comet
2010-07-24, 07:30 PM
It also has sleeves so you look like an old-school wizard at home after a long day of fighting Balrogs.

Gotta admit, that's pretty street.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2010-07-24, 07:45 PM
I completely agree with Raistlin. I personally think the snuggie is one of the most rediculous things I've ever seen, and don't think a blanket needs sleeves or you can't read a book or use a laptop or whatnot. But it's definitely one of those products that you either love, or love to hate, and I'm certainly in the latter group. On a note about the whole tv infomercial products, I'd say about the only one I've ever seen (and actually have) that I would use is the Shamwow.

Don Julio Anejo
2010-07-24, 10:01 PM
And here I thought a snuggie was a special kind of hug, if you know what I mean :wink:

What, it sounds like it!

Deth Muncher
2010-07-24, 11:10 PM
I just got a Snuggie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iUo_qdekwI) and I LOVE it!
I wear it everywhere, find excuses to wear it, and even rant about it to my basically everyone I know (including you now). I may even buy more of different colors so I can choose which one I want to wear every night and morning. You should totally buy one!

Can you give me your current latitude and longitude? I need to nuke send presents to your house.

Cubey
2010-07-24, 11:17 PM
Little known fact:
Snuggies were originally invented to have a practical way of warming up people who cannot walk and are forced to use a wheelchair. Because blankets get in the way, could be caught in wheels, etc. So they were designed with something in mind other than "reverse bathrobe".

Innis Cabal
2010-07-24, 11:20 PM
That's nice and all. But thats not how they're being marketed. So, even if they had the best intention's that really dosn't matter at this point. They are what people have already said. Bathrobes backward. Honest and good intent dosn't make something good by default.

Mando Knight
2010-07-24, 11:27 PM
More ridiculous: my local Wal-Mart currently (or at least recently) had Snuggies on display. There's a pretty decent heat wave going through the St. Louis area right now, and I'm in that area.

One of the store managers took one look at the display and wondered who the "genius" was who decided to try to sell Snuggies in the middle of summer.

Lioness
2010-07-25, 12:16 AM
Snuggies aren't available in Australia, so I made myself a dressing gown. It's just as warm, and has teddy bears on it.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-07-25, 12:43 AM
Snuggies aren't available in Australia, so I made myself a dressing gown. It's just as warm, and has teddy bears on it.

Except that Snuggies are available in Australia :smalltongue:

Lioness
2010-07-25, 12:46 AM
Except that Snuggies are available in Australia :smalltongue:

Really?
Where?

Because we looked and looked for ages for mum for her birthday, and we couldn't find one.

Mr. Moon
2010-07-25, 12:46 AM
*looks at this thread*
*looks at the slap-chop thread*
Hmmmmmmm.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-07-25, 12:56 AM
Really?
Where?

Because we looked and looked for ages for mum for her birthday, and we couldn't find one.

I dunno whereabouts you are, but in Canberra (at least) they were advertised on Foxtel and you could order them. I know someone who bought two and wears one covering both sides ...

Moff Chumley
2010-07-25, 01:01 AM
My friend had a Wuggie for a while...

Form
2010-07-25, 04:17 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Do they got snuggies in brown too? It seems a more monkly colour.

IonDragon
2010-07-25, 04:22 AM
Except that it has no back so your most defenseless side is even more defenseless!

*looks at this thread*
*looks at the slap-chop thread*
Hmmmmmmm.
Stop having a boring life (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA)

MoelVermillion
2010-07-25, 04:32 AM
I've never seen a Snuggie in real-life but from the pictures I've seen I was always reminded of this this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64coD-rx9sk#t=3m30s) but without the hoods.

Anyway I would never buy a Snuggie but I'm glad you're enjoying it OP.

Strawberries
2010-07-25, 04:33 AM
And here I thought a snuggie was a special kind of hug, if you know what I mean :wink:

What, it sounds like it!

I'm glad to see I am not rhe only one with a dirty mind on this forum...:smallbiggrin:

On topic, it's too hot here for me to see the appeal at the moment. But in winter I have a wonderful poncho hand-made by my mother. Very warm and condortable, and it covers my back, too.

2010-07-25, 08:09 AM

most modern wizards dont look like wizards, they look like ninjas, who look specifically like people who are not ninjas; it gets very confusing.

Lord Loss
2010-07-25, 09:03 AM
They could weaponize those:

Seargent: Okay Trooper! Get Moving!
Soldier: Seargent! Why don't we just go plant flowers...
Seargent: Damn it! Someone get the Damn Snuggie off his head!
(removes)
Soldier: Alright! Let's go kick some a-
Seargent: Watch out! A Snuggie-Dropper's Flying overhead...

I must be tired today...

Time to get me a Hippie-fier Snuggie...

Zovc
2010-07-25, 09:11 AM
My girlfriend's friend really likes hers?...

...I think she's silly, we're in freakin' Louisiana.

drakir_nosslin
2010-07-25, 11:59 AM
When I'm cold I use clothes. Never understood the point of blankets, unless I'm sleeping on a sofa somewhere. So a blanket that's almost a piece of clothing but not quite... Meh. I bought a new suit this week and learned to juggle.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-07-25, 01:32 PM
My thoughts on the Snuggie: why not simply wear a jumper instead? They work, and unlike a Snuggie they can be very classy as well (which is, as some of you may be aware by now, a superlatively major plus point in my book).

Moff Chumley
2010-07-25, 01:37 PM
Because, for some reason, you just can't seem to find jumpers across the pond... :smalltongue:

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-07-25, 03:31 PM
Oh come on, surely Americans wear jumpers. I would have thought they would, since otherwise their clothing is almost identical to ours.

A non-hot land without jumpers? Good lord. :smalleek:

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-25, 04:13 PM
Oh come on, surely Americans wear jumpers. I would have thought they would, since otherwise their clothing is almost identical to ours.

From an American: What on God's green earth is a jumper?

IonDragon
2010-07-25, 04:55 PM
{Scrubbed}

Sinfonian
2010-07-25, 05:06 PM
From an American: What on God's green earth is a jumper?

Us Americans know jumpers better as "sweaters".

On the main topic: I'm glad you're enjoying your Snuggie, I know quite a few people here in Florida who like them (we're not well known for tolerating the cold when it comes our way). Personally, I've never really seen the appeal. I prefer to keep a nice afghan around: warm, decorative, and sharable.

Tirian
2010-07-25, 05:37 PM
I think the "appeal" of a blanket with sleeves instead of a bathrobe or a sweater is that it can lay on your couch when it isn't in use and it looks decorative instead of untidy. It's not enough to bring me on board, since I want to be warm when I walk around too, but I'm not going to mock people who feel differently.

ForzaFiori
2010-07-25, 07:45 PM
I'm sorry, but I already own several robes. I'll just turn the around backwards and BAM! Snuggie. Plus, their cheaper, and don't contribute to those stupid commercials.

Moff Chumley
2010-07-25, 08:34 PM

:smallamused:

mucat
2010-07-25, 11:42 PM
Just a wording thing. I had to look it up on Wikipedia to translate it to the word "sweater"...which, I must admit now that I really look at it, is less pleasant. (But perfectly accurate; I can't stand the damned things because as soon as you go indoors you roast in them.)

Hey, we're totally hot here...oh, wait, you mean air temperature. Never mind.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-07-26, 05:15 AM
Hold on; there are references I'm not getting. *Googles*

Bah. Foiled again! :smalltongue:

TheThan
2010-07-26, 05:18 PM

Non-hot?

*Check’s weather forcast*
Phhh whatever are talking about? It’s pretty hot over here at GI Joe headquarters. though I admit, the mid 90’s is a break from the 100+ weather we had last week.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-07-26, 06:14 PM
Non-hot?

*Check’s weather forcast*
Phhh whatever are talking about? It’s pretty hot over here at GI Joe headquarters. though I admit, the mid 90’s is a break from the 100+ weather we had last week.

With a country as vast as America, I suppose it depends upon where precisely you are. It's just that unlike, say, Egypt, America's not known for being hot.

Bhu
2010-07-26, 07:20 PM
https://www.snuggiefordogs.com/flare/next

I personally like snuggies as they make my racial nemeses look foolish

Vaynor
2010-07-26, 11:34 PM
With a country as vast as America, I suppose it depends upon where precisely you are. It's just that unlike, say, Egypt, America's not known for being hot.

You have to break it down by state to really compare. Sure, Massachusetts isn't known for being hot but Arizona sure is. Arizona actually has a higher maximum recorded temperature than Egypt (just over 53 degrees Celsius, with Egypt at 50.3, according to a few minutes of Googling which may be inaccurate). And then move over to the west a bit to my state (California) and look at Death Valley which has temperatures of up to 134 degrees Fahrenheit (57 degrees celsius).

And now you know.

IonDragon
2010-07-26, 11:47 PM
You have to break it down by state to really compare. Sure, Massachusetts isn't known for being hot but Arizona sure is. Arizona actually has a higher maximum recorded temperature than Egypt (just over 53 degrees Celsius, with Egypt at 50.3, according to a few minutes of Googling which may be inaccurate). And then move over to the west a bit to my state (California) and look at Death Valley which has temperatures of up to 134 degrees Fahrenheit (57 degrees celsius).

And now you know.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jUXz0SEFIy4/S_BNoA5T2eI/AAAAAAAAAdw/sarfk4Ezhp0/s1600/the_more_you_know2.jpg

Thank you for that delightful tidbit.

Kneenibble
2010-07-27, 12:27 AM
In my thinking, one can go naked under a robe, naked under a blanket, but naked under a Snuggie is a little gross for the sofa and sexy only under very particular circumstances.