PDA

View Full Version : Anima Banners (Exalted)

tribble
2010-07-24, 08:30 PM
So, I'm starting up an Exalted campaign very soon, I may or may not be DM'ing. If not, I plan to play a genius doctor with a short sword. (fluffing as a repurposed bonesaw.). I've got my crunch figured out, but I'm stumped on what to make his anima banner be. I just can't think of anything that really emphasizes my theme of a brilliant doctor who wants to save the region of the world he lives in from harm.

If it helps to know, I have compassion 4, and Heart of Tears as my Limit Break. the most notable attribute I have is manipulation 1. (I'm too busy saving lives to learn how to trick people.)

So, short version, help me brainstorm images that would be appropriate to have flashing around me while I perform open-heart surgery with my fingernails.

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-24, 09:26 PM
A giant glowing cross of sunlight? That is kinda modern though.

Fayd
2010-07-24, 09:37 PM
A Caduceus?

http://charmjewelryforsale.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/caduceus.jpg

It's a symbol of modern medicine, I know, but it does have ancient roots, both biblical (Moses, for the curious) and Greek. And it also leaves room for adaptation, if you feel it is necessary.

tribble
2010-07-25, 02:52 PM
That is a brilliant idea, mad props to Fayd!:smallbiggrin:

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-25, 02:57 PM
It's a symbol of modern medicine, I know, but it does have ancient roots, both biblical (Moses, for the curious) and Greek. And it also leaves room for adaptation, if you feel it is necessary.

It's a symbol of messengers and heralds, actually. The Rod of Asclepius, the symbol associated with medicine and used by Hippocrates, has only one snake and no wings.

Fayd
2010-07-25, 07:27 PM
It's a symbol of messengers and heralds, actually. The Rod of Asclepius, the symbol associated with medicine and used by Hippocrates, has only one snake and no wings.

Ah, true...I'd forgotten that. But it has come to mean medicine, weather or not it really does. And it would be an awesome anima banner, especially because it could be mobile and such.