PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Starting a Blue Dawn (G1)

Cardea
2010-07-24, 10:13 PM
PARTY
{table]sciencepanda | Wilbur Rustbreath (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=219708)
Doctor Acula | Baal the Redeemed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=226289)
Superglucose | Soraya (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=226253)
DMofDarkness | Shamenakar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=226536)
Lothmar | Markus Ma'soch (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=226294)
The Amish Pirate | Anthony Clarke (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=226554)[/table]

The roosters begin their morning call as the sun rises up over the horizon. Farmers look on the sunrise, counting it as their second hour up, and continue their diligent work to keep thousands fed and supplied. Artisans who have spent the night thinking and pondering and working are falling asleep, and those who had their night of fulfillment early, are starting to wake up. Blacksmiths stoke their fires, Potters make their molds, Painters set up their next piece. Librarians finish their tea, Parents wake up to look at their children, and the Town Guard switches shifts.

It is morning in Baelnosh, and what a fine morning it is.

INGAME
What are your characters doing?

OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8997385#post8997385)

DM NOTE: You will roll inside the IC. You will put it in a Spoiler, so we avoid longer pages.

Superglucose
2010-07-24, 10:17 PM
Soraya, being the fabulously wealthy wizard she is (seriously), will begin the day by purchasing a cup of tea, some eggs, toast, and bacon with a bit of butter, and studying her spellbooks. She asks of the innkeep, If I could not be disturbed for the next hour, kind sir, that would be great.

Doctor Acula
2010-07-24, 10:22 PM
Baal wakes up early in the morning, he breathes heavily contemplating what his day will hold. He then prays to St. Cuthbert for several hours, skipping breakfast.

sciencepanda
2010-07-24, 10:34 PM
As the first ray of sunlight hits his eyes, Wilbur groans and struggles to sit up. Ugh, he thinks, What a terrible day.

Wiping his nose on the corner of his beard, he picks up his walking stick and looks around the room he has been placed in ever since he was "recruited" by the Baelnosh city guard.

As far as he can tell, the barely furnished room, little more than a jail cell, has no visible means of escape, so with a grumble in his belly, he goes for the next best option.

"Hey!" he shouts, banging on the door, "How 'bout some food in here!"

Superglucose
2010-07-24, 10:35 PM
OOC: That's what I get for not picking my color first!

Fable Wright
2010-07-24, 10:43 PM
Shamenakar, feeling the sun upon him, reminds him of his hatching that lifetime ago. Welcoming the subtle, strong Kashi of the sun into his body, he feels refreshed after a night's sleep. He rises fully prepared to take on the day, despite the turbulent night he had.

The followers of the Platinum Dragon had nearly picked up his trail, and he had to hide witnesses. The ones who would not agree to hide... Shamenakar shudders in remembrance. The blood of innocents is a horrible thing to spill, but it was for his continued survival. Besides, they would be considered witnesses if they spoke. If he did not die, then they would. It would be better to further sully his own soul than to have a... well, he wouldn't call them innocent, but a soul who believed that they were doing right have to kill an innocent in the name of their god.

Kashi never required death. He did not understand why these followers of the dragon needed to kill people to get their powers. Truly, theirs must be a powerful Kashi, but the cost needed to achieve it was too great.

After seeing the relentlessness of his followers, Shamenakar was greatly joyed to not have joined the Platinum Dragon. It would have hung upon his conscience too much.

After meditating in the morning sun, searching again for the Kashi of nature and the Kashi of the dragons within him, Shamenakar descended to the bottom floor of the inn to get a cup of tea. Sure, the patrons stared when he first got here, bloodied and exhausted, and with his unique appearance (which he still found shocking, after all these months. The Kashi within the form was formidable. However, he was not yet used to his form, and it still slowed down his reflexes), he caused many curious glances. But in the 3 days he spent there, he hardly merited a glance. Perhaps I should settle down here. The followers of the Platinum Dragon at least have the courtesy of not killing in a public place, and I am surrounded by all of these people. And, hopefully, after seeing me settled down and no longer adventuring, they might leave me alone.

Yeah, right. They would do anything to find me. That's why I wear my shirt while I sleep, with my sword never leaving my grasp, filled with lethal poisons. The shamans taught me that poison was cowardly, and a thing to be frowned on. Something to kill without skill. However, it lets me survive, no matter how deplorable it is.

After his conversation, he notices that he had already ordered. He makes sure to try to taste poison as he downs it. That meant that is was time to leave. After his nice cup of tea, he paid his rent and tipped the bartender. He then strolled out to town to begin his job, a lowly shelf stocker in a library of arcane lore. It was not the best job, but it paid for his bread and board, and it was not the worst job in the world. He got to explore new uses of his Kashi in his spare time, and the company of the silent wizard studying their tomes was calming. His inner rage was nulled somewhat. It would never leave him, but it may calm soon. Another good thing about living in the library was that he was always able to pick up when the Platinum Dragon's servants were coming. Then, he would be forced to erase his trail. No word for 3 days, which was always a good sign.

Cardea
2010-07-24, 11:47 PM
Superglucose
The innkeeper smiles at you, grinning his trademark grin. "Of course, mi'lady. Shall I have room service send for you after an hour's time is up?"

sciencepanda
The door bangs in response, and you hear talk of 'That damn Psychic again.' There is a small argument, and then you hear stomping outside of your room. A man's voice, rough and angered, yells, "Hold onto your mind, ya damn abnormal."

DMofDarkness
As you walk, you begin to notice odd looks from people. They look like tourists and newcomers to the city, but you don't pay any mind; they all stare anyways, and they were no one of importance. A few children smile at you, and even more begin to follow after you, looking at your odd form.

Superglucose
2010-07-24, 11:49 PM
Politely setting her books aside so she can face the doorman eye-to-eye (or at least as near as an elf female can to a human) with nothing in her arms, she gives him a warm and friendly smile. No thank you, she says, I will simply come down at the end of that time. But I thank you greatly for your consideration... it is truly why I choose to spend my nights here. That and your cook is simply wonderful! Please pass my compliments to him. Then she will politely recuse herself to begin studies.

Fable Wright
2010-07-25, 12:06 AM
Hm... I have not seen this many people out before. It may be a holiday, or the start of tourist season. But, people work in interesting ways. This may not be coincidence, he thinks. He gets ready to draw his sword in case anyone attacks him, and his tail ready to deflect oncoming attacks.

However, he would like to stay low-profile. He smiles back at the children, and even releases a small, friendly puff of fire into the air, shaping it's Kashi into the shape of a small, golden version of himself, lasting for a second before fading. He continues on his path. He did not attempt to feel the people's Kashi; such a thing would be impolite in his culture. Nevertheless, he feels the desire to do it. His instincts told of something foreboding, but he dare not act. He continues to the library.

sciencepanda
2010-07-25, 12:06 AM
"Bah!" spits Wilbur, angered at the guard's uselessness. Immediately, he considers sending one of his constructs out through the crack in the door to mess with them, but decides against it. Anything small enough to fit through the crack would not pose a threat to the guards, and it would only anger them and lead them to sticking him in a worse cell.

No, he would have to try something else. But eventually, the guards would have to bring him a meal, and then he would take the opportunity.

He can wait.

Lothmar
2010-07-25, 12:40 AM
Though it was not cold per say, Marcus felt relatively uncertain of this lands climate - for some reason it felt too stable to him and he kept his clothing fastened tight as he was used to much hotter temperatures during the day and colder at night. Marcus was awake early, mainly because of trying to adjust his sleep schedule having gotten used to traveling at night and resting during the day - and so he unfurled his bedroll to use as a prayer mat and faced the dawn in humbled reverence. "The land, her noises are more abundant..." He adds staring up at the distant dawn. "Which make's this calm all the more disturbing." He thinks until finally the sound returns and the world seems normal again.

He packed up his campsite and yawned after stretching out. "Best to see if I can find a merchant or someone from the homeland who may be willing to put up with me." Marcus was not a big fan of inn's and was used to accepting and giving hospitality freely when it was appropriate. And overall, it may be better to get an explanation in his own dialect or even the language of halfling's as it was another appropriate language of traders ; It was awkward enough to piece over his own broken words, but to piece together the uncertainties in another's speech when a quick response is appropriate sometimes lead to awkward misunderstandings.

And so, he returned to the road and headed further into Baelnosh having only recently journeyed in from her borders.

Doctor Acula
2010-07-25, 06:48 AM
Baal moves outside to the church where he will get morning assignments from his bishop.

Cardea
2010-07-25, 01:41 PM
Superglucose
(I'm assuming you go up to your room. Correct me via PM if I'm wrong.)
As you walk into your room, and you begin your rituals for the day, something feels different. You set up the incense, the writings and the spells you wish to have ready for today's Lessons, but something in the back of your mind is telling you that something is... different. As you begin reading, you notice some new writing is present in your books.

It is in a shade of blue that shifts from blue to pink to purple as you watch it. It's writing is not your own, yet you read it all entirely and complete. It mesmerizes you, and you begin to read it in your head, curious as to what it does. You begin to feel panicked, as you realize this spell is what is different. You are reciting it, and you do not know what it does. But as you continue to read it, you know it's name: Scribe of the Blue Dawn.

[Roll a Will Save vs. Mind Affecting.]

DMofDarkness
The children squeel in delight at the fire image and it's movements, and scatter away in screams of laughter as it disperses. There are less on-lookers now, less worried faces, but the ones who do look have faces of curiosity; not animosity or disgust.

You approach the Library. You know it's name is the Library of Hindruil, forged by some of the first Dwarves to inhabit the city of Baelnosh. There are, to date, and according to the Mage who owns and runs it, 17,380,110 books to date, with more than half of them being either Magic-Wrought, Forbidden or Teaching Magic itself. They are kept in the stacks behind the Librarian's office, and only those who can shape magic, or in your case Kashi, can both see and enter through the gateway.

On the outside, there are images of hundreds of unraveled scrolls, complete with engraved runes, all around the walls. On each corner there stands a pillar, and at the top of each floats a stone elemental symbol. One for air, one for fire, one for water and one for earth. It is unknown what powers each half-ton block of stone, or if the engraved writings of the scrolls are magic or not. None have been detected, but rumors are rumors...

sciencepanda
The door opens gently, and a woman enters your cell. She is a Gnome, her hair is sand-colored, her eyes are blue and her features strong. She smiles at you, which you assume is from her job training, and holds a tray that has on it a bowl of noodles, some old-looking meat, a mug of brown... sludge, and a half-cut apple. She winks at you, and hands you a slip of paper, with the words 'Baelnosh-ishtriga' on one side, and on the other side it simply says 'In five minutes'. She sets the tray down near your bed, and beams at you as she walks out. As the door shuts, you can see her scowling at the guards.

Lothmar
As you travel the roads inside the walls to Baelnosh, the marketplace is abundant with overjoyed faces of little folk; the Halflings. Caravans of different hued-clothes have innumerable merchants squawking and harking and screaming that their wares are the best. Their wares are the cheapest. Their wares might be over-priced, but you get what you pay for. As you walk past, you can see little pickpockets darting back and forth behind you. You're a newcomer, and a strange one. They do not approach you, as you notice them whenever they come too close.

As you travel along, you see a small theater troupe performing some act of tragedy, a puppet-show for kids and even a performing dog. This is the Halfling tier of the Caravans in the walls; what else would you expect?

Doctor Acula
As you walk outside of the Church, you see a new group of people amongst the Bishops, Templars, other Paladins and Archers. While the Bishops wear their glowing white robes, laced with gold and black-curian silk, the Templars wear White Armor polished to a Holy Sheen, and the other Paladins and Archers, who are of your rank, wear grey and red, these men wear armor and clothing you do not recognize.

They stand in a loose group, all wearing the same armor; gold full-plate, covering all of their bodies. The plates link in a way you have not seen before, almost like they are one moving piece, and helmets are in the shape of beast heads. They are talking with who you recognize as Archbishop Denifold, who acts as your mentor and holy guide. He is smiling, but you can tell it is a practiced, forced smile. He looks at you as you walk outside onto the Church Courtyard, and beckons you to come over.

Superglucose
2010-07-25, 01:46 PM
OOC:Is it an Enchantment effect? If yes, add an additional 2
[roll0]

EDIT: Never mind. STUPID DICE ROLLER!

Fable Wright
2010-07-25, 01:49 PM
Walking amongst the runes that he found familiar, even though he was only here for 2 days, the library had an inherent sense of home. Walking past the runes, feeling comfortable with their simple elemental Kashi, he enters the library. It was a place of peace and learning, which was appealing to his tumultuous soul, for some reason. The Kashi of the place was subtle, gentle, and guiding. Just like the homes of the shamans who recognized his gifts, and taught him how to shape his Kashi.

He enters the back room, and starts sorting and alphabetizing books. He divides them into piles based on their rune (which marks their section), and alphabetizes those with the same runes, as per the customs of the library. Shamenakar did not know why, but he was comfortable with his job. After sorting the returned books, he carries the load to the shelves with his enormous strength (on of the reasons he got the job), and begins restocking th shelves.

OOC:
Kashi is magic. Kashi is just what the people of his tribe named the energy.

sciencepanda
2010-07-25, 02:24 PM
Having expected to be manhandled yet again by the guards, Wilbur is totally taken aback by this gnome woman. Turning the paper over in his hands, he tries to make sense of the message.

Does he know what ishtriga means?
Knowledge (Nobles and Royalty) check, in case that helps: [roll0]

As soon as he has every minute aspect of it memorized, he swallows the paper, to prevent it from being used as evidence against him. He follows this up by diving into his meal, swallowing it all in enormous gulps. It's no squirrel stew, he thinks, but I suppose it will have to do.

Lothmar
2010-07-25, 02:37 PM
Markus can understand the situation at hand, in fact it's children like these that are one of the reasons his eyes and ears are so attuned to trouble - every bizarre had some. However acting without reasonable proof of such misdeed's would be to act in tyranny, besides he didn't need to draw the kind of attention to himself apprehending these children would bring. So long as he did not catch them in the act or if they did not personally wrong him with their thieving ways - he would not involve himself personally.

However, a stern warning to make sure they kept their activities away from him wouldn't hurt. As I walk around the bizarre, every time I catch one of the kid's coming to close to me I stare at them for a moment before continuing on. DC 16 or shaken via Daunting presence. I take it this contributes to why they mostly leave me alone.

Finding one of the thrift stands he'll look around, attempting to mix and match outfits he likes - or clothing he can tolerate. After all, it would be nice to have a few changes of clothes so that he wouldn't have to keep washing the same one's every few days. Finding the halfling clothes salesman at the counter or stand he inquires in their trade language "Excuse me, I would like to purchase these five sets of clothes." He adds setting the clothes onto the counter equivalent of a peasants outfit. "Also, you wouldn't happen to have a decent bucket or tub and some other minor odds and ends for laundry at hand or know a good place I can have it done?" Marcus asked hoping he'd receive a discount buying all his goods at one store or at least find a place he could do it himself, but was willing to shop around further if he couldn't get the bucket, scrub grate, some hanging wire and the clothing for less then two gold. all that would be about 1.5 G out of the book. But I figure there's going to be markup and haggling.

If everything goes fine and he acquires everything he's looking for he'll find a place to sit with his back to the wall, checking to make sure there's no hole's or loose stones that small hands can reach through before setteling down to casually watching the show ahead of him. He organizes his backpack making room for the new clothes and tieing the laundry bucket and things to the outside of the backpack with some rope until he feel's it's relatively secure.

1d20+4 - Use rope untrained.

Cardea
2010-07-25, 04:09 PM
Superglucose (ohgodohgodohgodohgod)
The spell fills up your mind and sigils fill the air around you. You would panic but... it all seems so... good. You cast aloud the words, and you feel a little bit... faster. Smarter, as if your worries are over. You begin preparing the rest of your spells as normal, but make a note to tell your overseers and mentors about it later.

DMofDarkness
As you put the books in place, you sense a... mental earthquake, as you think of it. Your world becomes loose and shaky, but only for a moment, before you regain your normal mental status.

[Make a Knowledge: Arcana roll if you got it, as well as a Spot check.]

You finish shelving the books, and as you return to where you were previously stacking, you notice that there are more books, with a note attached that says: 'Thanks for the help - Couldn't do it without you.'

sciencepanda
[Aaaahahahahahah, you rolled a three. :smallsmile:]
[This will be retro-editing, by the way.]
As you pick up the bowl of noodles, as it leaves proximity of the tray, it's appearance changes from simple boiled noodles to pasta, which contains pieces of chicken, beef and some herb which smells of fire. Out of curiosity, you pick up the cup and the meat as well. The meat turns into a leg of some sort of large bird, freshly cooked. And the cup looks like it's filled with a honey substance.

Lothmar
After some haggling, and after the poor woman is... frightened by you, she offers to sell you the supplies, and the clothes, for two gold if you promise 'Not to scare the children like this'.

You find a spot, against the inner-side of the second wall tiers, and begin to watch a play entitled 'The King In Yellow', while you organize your new items and gear.

Fable Wright
2010-07-25, 04:16 PM
For something to shake his mind like that- it was not natural. There was Kashi ringing in his mind and ears after the disruption, but he could not identify the kind of Kashi it was. He looks around, and hopes to find something that might make sense of what happened.
[roll0]+2 (spot)
After reading the note, he is puzzled. He writes back on the other side of it, "What did I help you do?" and then he walks out of the room with the books, looking over their topics, and then entering the room again, and sorting the books, while seeing if there was a response on the note.

Lothmar
2010-07-25, 04:29 PM
'Oh so I have to scare them in other ways?' He thinks to himself ironically with a smirk after he begrudgingly accepts the trade, knowing full well what she means and will promise not to actively try and scare them - but such a promise is almost as convincing as a suspicious person telling you they're not suspicious.

"Hmm, did I read this story somewhere before?" He ponders observing the play before him with varying interest dependent on whether he knows the story and how well it's performed, as well as if it's performed accurately.

[roll0]Use rope
[roll1]Knowledge - Arcana, Religion, Nobility - if any apply to knowing this play/story.

Superglucose
2010-07-25, 05:01 PM
After preparing her spells, she finishes eating. Then she uses a Prestidigitation spell to clean off the plates and clean herself up before heading for work. She walks down, carrying her bag around her shoulders like a purse. The first thing she does is deliver the cleaned plates to the man running the inn. Thank you so much for the meal, she says, as usual it is a pleasure! With that, the elf waves goodbye and walks out the door.

Heading down the street, she arrives at the University with about an hour to spare before her first class of the day. The first thing she does is head into the library and do a bit of studying over her books, looking for any hint of the spell that had affected her that morning.

Knowledge Arcana [roll0]
Knowledge Religion [roll1]
Spellcraft [roll2]

After that she'll enter her Master's office. Master, I have a concern. You see, this morning there was a spell that affected me. She describes the spell, and ends with, So I am not sure... it felt good, but perhaps I am being controlled by an outside source?

sciencepanda
2010-07-25, 05:30 PM
"Oh..so now they're messing with my food are they..." grumbles Wilbur, "Well, I'll show them, I will."

Rummaging through his beard, he pulls out an elongated blue crystal, and places it on the floor. Concentrating, he uses it to psychically spy on the guards, and hopefully the mysterious woman, outside his door.

Dorjes of Clairvoyant Sense, 1 charge used up

Doctor Acula
2010-07-25, 06:57 PM
I walk over to the Archbishop, kneel and bow my head before saying respectfully "Yes milord?"

Cardea
2010-07-25, 09:54 PM
DMofDarkness
You notice that one of the books you hold, third from the bottom, is unlike the others. It's bindings are older, and it's lettering is a foil of some sort of metal... blue, in it's hue. It entrances you, and you hear an almost soft hum the longer you look at it. You set the books down, and pick this one up gingerly, almost like you would hold a baby, and look at the cover. It's writing is old, but the message it has on the front is clear: How To Start A Blue Dawn.

Roll a Will Save vs. Mind Affecting Enchantment. 19 is a Save.

Lothmar
While you do not know the play, the Actors are quite skilled. You learn, through observation, that the scene taking place is known as 'Cassilda's Song', and is quite early in the show.
Along the shore the cloud waves break,
The twin suns sink beneath the lake,
The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.
Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
Where flap the tatters of the King,
Must die unheard in
Dim Carcosa.
Song of my soul, my voice is dead;
Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.
Make a listen check.

Superglucose
Arcane: You know that the spell is a sort of scrying spell when first cast, but then acts as a spell of the Transmutation school. Roll a Spellcraft check to see if you can determine the effects.
Knowledge: You know it links back to the Cultist Attack of the tales the Town Guard tells, but by name alone.
The old man behind the desk smiles at you through old and crooked teeth; an honest smile, as you've come to known. He looks at you, a glow in his eyes. It's unlike what you've seen before. Normally, when casting his spells for demonstration and for practice, his eyes would have a white sheen to them. But as he looks at you... they're bright purple. "I was wondering where I had placed that spell..." He drifts off, still looking in your direction... but not at you. His eyes are out of focus, and his head begins to shift back and forth on his neck. He looks back at you, resuming his smile that he had lost while he was in his... trance. "Dear, dear Soraya, would you do me a favor? Please go to the Hindruil Library. You'll find a... a Dragon-man, and he shall be holding a very bad, bad book. Would you please retrieve it for me?"

sciencepanda
Through the Crystals Power, your vision moves rapidly switching from in your room, to out into the corridor beyond it. The peripheral sights are crystallized, almost as if through seeing through shattered glass. You see the Gnome yelling at the guard directly in front of what you know as your door. "He en't a Prisoner, and I'm the Assistant Cook. I'm allowed to feed him what bloody hell I want, it en't any of youron business, Bertrand!" She looks red in the face, and the guard she is addressing looks annoyed. "Preesha, he's only here because Captain Ibal wants to make sure we have a good Mind-User when they come." "They be no such thing! It's all non-sense! The Blue Dawn en't comin' back. They wen't even here to begin with! Ye just be keepin' him here cause you are afraid of your own stories!"

Doctor Acula
Archbishop Denifold smiles tentatively, and moves his jaw in a way you recognize as a sign of caution. "Baal, my boy, these men are from the High Exarch Retreat of St. Cuthbert, from the Shorehighs of the West. They've come to ask you something. Templar Urai'th?"

A man, massive as any stone tower, stands up from the group of golden clad Templars. His helmet is in the visage of a great demon which bears no similarity to one you have seen before in stories, images, phantasms or nightmares. It's eyes are mouths which seem to speak vile things, it's nose nothing more than a smooth surface, and its ears as warped and sharp as a saw-blade of a lumber-mill. It's mouth, which hangs open, is the only reassurance that there is in fact a man inside. The mouth bears hundreds of, what appear to be, talons. Inside the mouth is a strong chin, with a beard of dark crimson hair. "Hello, Baal. We are Templars of the Righteous Hand, and we come to greet you, and to enlist your service. Come, walk with me." He pats you on the shoulder, with a large hand almost as wide as your thigh, and walks down the courtyard path into the Chapel Gardens.

Roll a Spot check.

OOC
Does anyone mind all the fluff I give? I like doing it, but I know I sometimes get carried away.

Superglucose
2010-07-25, 09:59 PM
ooc: I was going to ask about how much fluff I would be allowed to add.
[roll0] Spellcraft to determine effects.

Slightly puzzled at the seemingly lack of trust, Soraya betrays none of this and continues smiling. A... dragon man? Do you have a description? After hearing a description she will leave right a way to head to the library, internally concerned that she might be late for her first class. After all, teaching these introductory classes lays the framework for all future work in the school of Abjuration, and it was very important to Soraya that she teach her charges well... and part of this, she felt, was an importance on punctuality.

Fable Wright
2010-07-25, 10:10 PM
I prepare my invocation (unstoppable(will)) before going to the library every day, mind you. I don't trust mages, because they could learn secrets from his mind; like his ritual. And he doesn't want anyone persecuted because of him. I would like to take 10 on the check (which would give me 19), but if not...
[roll0]+4 (base will)+5(cha mod from unstoppable(will)):smalleek::smalleek:
He feels a soothing Kashi emanate from the book, trying to lure him in...

The Kashi embraced his mind, entering his thoughts and making him peaceful in his mind. This book has an interesting Kashi. I should get around to reading it... he thinks, entering the room again, sitting down and starting to read the book. As he starts, a word comes to mind. Perhaps the book had some arcane knowledge that it instilled within me. He then utters the word, Shaelaetum'de'eshkatunaar. Scarcely after the words left his lips, he heard a voice saying, Sir, I was sent to find a 'dragon-man' who works at this library. May I speak to him? Shamenakar, hearing this, hastily stores the book, and then realizes that no one should know of the book. He melds his Kashi into a barrier around his mind (using the invocation 'unstoppable(will)', and then walks out of the room, saying, I think I am the man of whom you speak. What would you want of me?, while thinking, This man is asking for me. Perhaps there was more evidence that the followers of the Platinum Dragon have caught up to me. I must be ready to fight or run, but if this is just an ordinary citizen, then I shouldn't scare him.

Superglucose:
You see a stout, strong looking man whose skin was made of jet-black scales, sleek and shining. He has a tail, swaying back and forth, and enormous black wings. Across his body, swirling golden insignias sweep across his skin, reminiscent of dragons in flight, merging into each other. These consolidate to the end of his tail (a good 3 inches or so), which is thicker than the rest of the tail. The designs are most intricate on the wings- swirling patterns of gold mesmerizing to the eye. They unfurl while he speaks, showing their undersides, and the epic designs within. He seems both beautiful and terrifying, and has the look of being invulnerable to harm.

Doctor Acula
2010-07-25, 10:15 PM
Baal follows Templar Urai'th cautiously, unsure of who these men are. He looks around cautiously while toungeing his own pointed teeth, causing him to bleed in his mouth. The taste is good and comforts him enough for him to think rationally, he uses Detect Evil on the Templars while walking.

Spot check:[roll0]

Knowledge religon to see if I know anything about the templars alread:[roll1]

sciencepanda
2010-07-25, 10:19 PM
At this first part, Wilbur can not help but smile. So I may have an ally here. This could prove...useful. However, the second part puts him at alert. He is not familiar with whatever "the Blue Dawn" is, but it does not sound promising. And it sounded like they will try to put him to work there. He certainly does not like the sound of that.

He puts away his crystal promptly devours his meal. By the look of things, he will need to keep up his strength.

Cardea
2010-07-25, 10:35 PM
DMofDarkness
You have not said anything about preparing the invocation.
And yes you... you have failed that roll.

Fable Wright
2010-07-25, 10:42 PM
For future reference, assume that he prepares that at the beginning of every day from now. Reflecting the results on my post. Again.

superglucose: we now have character interactions.

Lothmar
2010-07-25, 10:54 PM
Thankfully the entertainment of the play had been enough to keep Marcus calm as his failures at tieing a secure knot dragged on and on; as he tugged on the ends to check if they were secure only to see the rope pull loosely apart from end to end, again and again. "This time for sure," He grumbles to himself working the rope with his hands.

[roll0] Use Rope
[roll1] Listen

Superglucose
2010-07-25, 11:41 PM
A tallish-elf maiden stands before you, wearing the bright white robes that one would expect of an unspecialized wizard. From the lack of stohl it is clear that she is not a particularly high ranking member. Her face and smile radiates with a friendliness you have not often had occasion to meet, and overall there is a passive gentleness, the sense of great power behind her that she chooses to not wield.

She smiles kindly and speaks to you as if you were an equal, something that is unusual from Wizards, especially ones as obviously wealthy as she. After all, her purse appears to be bulging and massive, with what you estimate to be fifteen pounds of stuff. My Master has requested that I retrieve a book you are said to be holding. I am resolutely certain that you intended no harm from the handling of this tome; however, I must ask that you relinquish it to my possession. The speedier you do so, the better it will be for both of us... as you will be able to return to your occupation more quickly and I to mine. From anyone else, this request might appear to have a threat attached to it, especially considering she is at least an established arcanist, but her friendliness and genuine smile assures you at least somewhat.

Fable Wright
2010-07-25, 11:48 PM
That book is dangerous? and then it clicked. The Kashi- it was an enchantment! Worry shows on his draconic face. I believe that it carries an enchantment on it- after looking at the cover, I was compelled to say a word. I don't remember it now, but this book should be disposed of, I think. he says, looking ponderous. However, it is possible that it had some secrets inside of it that you want to use, if it is as dangerous and powerful as you say. I shall go with you to protect the book- should anyone try to steal it, then you would have additional defense, and if you were to use the book for your own gain, then I would protect it from you. he says, powerful body unfurling.

Superglucose
2010-07-25, 11:55 PM
There was no trace of flicker on her face through your speech nor as you drew up your body. You remark that either she is oblivious or unconcerned of anything you have said or done. I do not believe I mentioned that the book was dangerous, nor did I say that it held secrets. Whether or not you feel the book is to be destroyed; however, is none of my concern though it may be of my Master's, as I believe the book belongs to him. You may accompany me if you wish and if your station allows it, but I fear you will be disinterested in the simple task of walking to the University. Once again, the same genuine smile appeared, And I am unsurprised that the book is enchanted. Most books that are of sufficient interest to my master to have me personally fetch it are protected in such a manner. It is why he sends a wizard rather than an errand boy; it is presumed that through my knowledge of the enchanter's arts that I will perhaps be more ready to deal with such protections. In any case, may I have the book please? She waits for you to offer the book.

Fable Wright
2010-07-26, 12:08 AM
One moment, please. He fetches the book from it's hiding place, returning a few minutes later with the tome bound in paper. It would be best if no one saw the cover, in case the enchantment is harmful. And I think that I could survive a couple disintegrations. Already have, incidentally. He changes his unstoppable power from will to fortitude. And I, too, can manipulate Kashi. My defenses were not enough to protect me from it. I will accompany you. You said that the book was harmful. Something dangerous is always sought after. I WILL accompany you. he says, his resoluteness astounding.

Superglucose
2010-07-26, 12:13 AM
Accepting the tome, she looks puzzled. I don't believe I did ever mention it being harmful, nor did anyone mention anything of the like. I suppose the knowledge inside may be harmful, but perhaps you should be checked by someone with the skill to determine your state of mind? After she says this, she thanks you for the book, and turns to head back to the university after depositing the book carefully in her purse.

OOC: Knowledge checks for any reference to "Kashi":
[roll0] Planes
[roll1] Arcana
[roll2] Nature
[roll3] Religion
[roll4] History (max 15)
[roll5] Local (max 15)

Cardea
2010-07-26, 01:23 AM
OOC
Bacon Barbarian has been Banned for unknown reasons.
Determining whether or not you guys will be fine without him, or if I should force someone into your group to keep a six balance.

sciencepanda
2010-07-26, 10:16 AM
Wilbur sits on his bed and meditates, waiting for what he feels must be the longest five minutes of his life.

Fable Wright
2010-07-26, 10:58 AM
The dragon-man does not let go of the book. You said, 'I am sure that you meant no harm from the handling of this tome.' The tome had an enchantment on it. I'm not stupid. I can put 2 and 2 together. This book undoubtedly contains something important within. It also is different from all of the other books of the library. I will carry the book from the library. He seems adamant about his decision.

Cardea
2010-07-26, 10:59 AM
OOC
TheAmishPirate is now part of your group. He is a Ranger, and has put a lot of focus into stealthing. Will post update in a little while.

TheAmishPirate
2010-07-26, 11:55 AM
Anthony wakes up to the usual odd silence. He had always been an early riser, but the silence woke him up every morning. Having spent most of his life in and around the forest, not hearing birds, the wind, scared him. It just wasn't natural.

At least it was over quickly.

Once the usual morning sounds had returned, he gets out of bed and sits cross-legged on the floor, just listening to the world outside and mentally preparing for the day ahead. While he sits, he takes a small pouch of leaves from a bedside table and chews slowly on a few. His stomach had been churning again last night, and it was still protesting a little this morning. He smiles as he remembers Elena sternly lecturing him about not eating things he found while hunting "just because they wouldn't kill you outright!" Ever since he got real sick a few years ago from some (just barely) rotten berries, she had grown these leaves especially for him to help his gut.

He continues for about two hours, then sneaks out of the bedroom so as to not wake Elena. He prepares a small breakfast, and checks their stock of herbs and medicines. He frowns and shakes his head. Busy day yesterday, we're running low on nearly everything. He finishes up his breakfast, and gets ready to head for the market.

Before he leaves, he pokes his head in Timothy's room. If all seems well, he will leave to restock on herbs.

Cardea
2010-07-26, 03:27 PM
DMofDarkness + Superglucose
You two, after your exchange, leave the Library...

TheAmishPirate
You make your way through the marketplaces, listening to the fortune tellers screaming and raving as usual. At least today, the Town Guard is keeping them in check. You find the vendor area of the marketplace, the ones that actually sell quality wares. You see a small theater troupe performing what you know is 'The King in Yellow'. Among its audience, in the very back, is a man who looks new, and also appears as if he is struggling with hooking up some of his supplies while trying to pay attention to the play.

Lothmar
You finish rigging up your gear together, as the first act of the play ends. However, as you finish, you start to hear... or, finally realize, a constant drum of sounds. They aren't the same footsteps... nor are they the voices of the marketplace. No... it's... louder. It sounds like a storm, but made of horns blaring and beasts snarling and... machinery.

Doctor Acula
You follow Templar Urai'th into the Gardens, trailing behind him. He stands in front of a small pond, his shadow casting over it. He speaks to you without turning. "I need you to assist us, Baal. Today is the start of a harsh time for all, and our Diviners have said you were to help us." He turns to you know, and from what you can see his mouth is turned downward. "We need you to go into your temple, and take from the Church's High Symbol, the one that is used to light the praying chamber, the jewels from it. We are leaving soon, as any minute now... things will turn bad. Tell no one I have told you to do it. You must bring them to our Temple to the East. Find some allies to get out of the city. You might try the Library."

He walks past you, out of the Gardens, and out of the corner of your vision you can see him sprinting towards the other Templars.

Everyone
The sky darkens rapidly, light evaporating and going away as darkness quickly overcomes everything you see, starting with the sky. In the darkness, you hear a loud call, a monster's voice, throaty and ancient: "Today is the day of the Blue Dawn, City of Baelnosh. For Cinvil'da commands it." The sky above you turns to light, and on the horizon you see, you see the Sun rising again, but... it's sunrise is wrong. It is not the same warmth. It is not gold or orange or yellow. It is a sickly pink, purple and blue and it is rising up as if it were dawn once again.

sciencepanda (Read after 'Everyone'.)
You hear a loud profanity from outside your door, most likely from the Guard. The door slams open, and the Guards steps in. He looks tense, and you can tell that he is barely keeping from screaming. "Wilbur! Come on! You're going on a Hunt." He tosses you a staff, and some new clothes. Inside the pockets, you pick out three crystals, and... an odd device. It's in a disc shape, and the numbers 1 - 12 are placed around the edge of it in equal distances, and there are two arrows, one small, and one large, with the smaller one pointing to seven, and the larger one pointing to twelve. "Blue Dawn's here. Let's go!" The guard leaves the room, and begins walking down the corridor to the left or your exit.

Inside the Library, you hear a shouting, and people pour out of it screaming. One man sees you, and runs to you both, screaming. "You! I've seen you! You can wield magic. Please, there's a monster in there! You have to get rid of it! Some of us made it out but most are still in there!"

Fable Wright
2010-07-26, 03:39 PM
Regret and rage welled up inside Shamenakar, enhanced by the vile Kashi of the Blue Dawn, radiating in pale, false waves that try to rob his strength rather than enhance it. Did I do this? Were my words the thing that brought this creature here? It matters not- I shall kill it. Whether or not the Church finds me, I must save them. They did nothing wrong.Stuffing the book under his chain shirt, he grabs his greatsword, and sheaths his tail in his tailblade. Then, he charges towards the library, bellowing a battle cry at the top of his lungs, working up his powers inside of him. He feels the powers of Kashi around him, trying to push into him- but not yet. He must not enter the state in which he merges with Kashi itself. Not until he can see the beast. While running, he allows the Kashi to enter his mind- sharpening his defenses, and boosting his power.

Using a move action, while running, using the invocation Beast heart (constitution) on the way.

sciencepanda
2010-07-26, 03:45 PM
Wilbur is quite shocked by this turn of events, but intentionally keeps his composure. So, I'm just a weapon to them, am I? Well, I'll see to it that they're at least on edge around me.

Turning towards the guard and smirking, he says, "Oh, so I suppose they weren't a myth then. Do you win a bet against Preesha, or what?"

He looks the items over, trying to determine what they do.
Knowledge (Psionics): [roll0]

Doctor Acula
2010-07-26, 04:11 PM
Baal walks over to the Archbishiop and says Milord, who are the Templars and why do they dress in such a fearsome manner? Given their strange appearance and the sudden voice in the sky I can't help but think them to be related his eyes never leaving the sky

Lothmar
2010-07-26, 05:06 PM
"The drums, the drums, the beating of the drums..." He may not have even noticed it but the sound resonated in his mind as his eyes casually shifted down to his finger as it continued to tap in resonates of four. "I know this sound of chaos - but... No. It cannot ~" He looks up at the sky moments before it goes dark. "Be... Not again."

"Agh!" He grips his face with one hand and attempts to sling his pack on quickly with the other arm. 'Is this what called me?' He thinks - his other eye trembling in mildly concealed terror as the horrid burn scar across his face ached in the very presence of the skies inversion perverison. He takes away his hand to secure the other strap as his eyes dart about quickly as he examines his surrondings as if to make sure he wasnt simply insane and this really was happening and if it was somehow having more of an affect on the world around him then he had yet to notice.

His rough swinging arms to get his pack ready and paranoid head jerking tugs free the ties of his overcloak revealing his tunic with the light blue field and simple white lines that some might find similiar to a crude drawing of a sun on the horizon.

Detect Evil activated.
[roll0]Listen
[roll1]Spot

TheAmishPirate
2010-07-26, 06:02 PM
Anthony had placed his order moments before the sky changed. As the wrong sun rises higher in the sky, he freezes in horror. Impossible...what...what's going on!? He regains his senses, and immediately thinks back to his family. Leaving the vendor without his order, he sprints back to his house as fast as he can. I've got to make sure Elena and Timothy are safe, that they can stay safe. Oh, why did I stop walking with my arms? If his house is a sufficient distance away, he casts Longstrider to get there even faster.

Superglucose
2010-07-26, 08:15 PM
Soraya grimly moves to follow the dragon, running through her mind the various options she has available. Making a mental note to remind the dragon that this is why she would need to take possession of the book, she instantly moves to the aid of the folks still in the building. How many are there, where are they, and what's the fastest way to get them out?

Cardea
2010-07-27, 12:26 AM
OOC
Sorry for lateness.

As you enter the Library, you notice that many of the lighting crystals hanging from the ceiling have been turned on, which you know to be there only in during night time hours or emergencies. In the back of the Library, you hear some screams for help. Upon inspection, you see a large number of scholars hiding behind two guards who are fending off a creature... that you, in the back of your mind, think you recognize.

It stands on four legs, and its form resembles a large fox. It's head is stouter, however, and it's form is translucent and blue. Inside it, small swirls of white move. As you round the corner of the library shelf to view it, it turns around and sees you, and howls.

[Roll Initiatives and Will Saves vs. Fear]

TheAmishPirate
As you pass through the crowds, they get harder and harder to get past as the panic begins to worsen. Through the screams, you can hear a monstrous growl from inside an Inn. Out from it comes a man who screams "Please! Can anyone help me!?"

Lothmar
Up ahead in to your right, you see a small but bright glow. It's past the crowds, but you can tell it's nothing natural.

Doctor Acula
The Archbishops looks at you and the sky, switching back and forth. "Baal, those were Higih Templars of our lord, St. Cuthbert. Look, I need to help the others in Prayer with the townsfolk who have come for sanctuary. If he gave you any guidance, go!" He shouts, moving from you to a group of Diviners, Archers and fellow Paladins, who move to the entry corridor to the temple grounds.

sciencepanda
The guard takes you down the corridor for a couple of minutes, making way past waves of guards who are armed to the teeth. "No. Preesha is just like another Townsperon; still believing that the Blue Dawn doesn't exist. Well, aside from a few minutes ago." You step out an archway, and find yourself on the third wall layer, and look out before you. From across the Farmers fields, you see a dark swarm approaching the city. You can see beasts and war machines, but not much else at this distance. "Look, we need you to find a number of people and find the King in the High Palace, okay? He needs more than just Armed Guards with him right now."

[One Crystal holds the names of your fellow party mates. Just go to the first page to get the Character Names. The Second one has a map of the city. The third one shows where they are, along with names attached to them, when in contact with the map crystal.]

Superglucose
2010-07-27, 12:29 AM
Requisite Knowledge: [roll0] WHAT IS IT?! (I have Planes, Arcana, Religion, Dungeoneering, and Nature, so that should cover all the basic creature types).

Initiative: [roll1]
Will Save: [roll2]

Cardea
2010-07-27, 12:38 AM
Superglucose
You recognize it as a Blue Dawn Spawn.
Originally it was a normal animal, possibly a Fox, but it has been warped by Blue Dawn cultists into the form that it is now. There is no way to reverse it. It counts as a Magical Beast now.

Superglucose
2010-07-27, 12:51 AM
Any special abilities of note?

sciencepanda
2010-07-27, 12:59 AM
Begrudgingly following the guard, Wilber states matter of factly, "You do of course realize, that I will be receiving a reward for this."

"Of course, as to whether that reward involves an irritating city guard being held over a tall tower depends entirely on how I am treated. Now explain. Who are these people, and what relevance do they have?"

Fable Wright
2010-07-27, 06:11 AM
Initiative:
[roll0]
Will save:
[roll1]+1 if it is a spell or spell-like ability.
If the creature remains over 60ft away from me:
Seeing the bizarreness of this creature, he feels not feel but revulsion. This creature's Kashi was twisted out of shape, an abomination that must be destroyed. Mustering his powers, he bellows a deep, powerful roar, and he charges at the creature and fires his breath weapon, infusing his already powerful breath with more Kashi. A pillar of golden flames erupts from his maw.
(Damage in OOC)
If the creature is within charging distance, but not adjacent to me:
Seeing that the creature was kind enough to let him charge, he bellows out his challenge and charges at the creature, greatsword raised high, and infuses the Kashi around it to pick up the most important thing in the world: Blood. Blood to fuel his defenses, and blood to kill the creature. Blood, the elixir of life, would be transferred to him. Feeling the blood congeal into a living barrier around his flesh, he grins.
(attack rolls and damage in the OOC)
Seeing that the creature was kind enough to close with him, he grins. This was his lucky day. Bellowing at the creature, he channels the raw energy of nature into him, and flies into a raging fury, becoming a blinding fury of sword and tail. This was his element; he could not lose. (attack and damage rolls OOC)

Doctor Acula
2010-07-27, 07:33 AM
Baal nervously moves into the temple, going into the sleeping quarters for priests in training he grabs a folded blanket from the wall and walks over to the gems in the center of the temple, he kneels directly infront of them as if to pray, then looks to see if anyone is looking. When he is going unnoticed he places the gems in the blanket carefully, he then wraps the blanket up neatly and shoves leaves with the blanket. He begins to make his way to the library, walking nervously and shaking with fear. Along the way he stops in an ally to shove the blanket down the front of his suit of armor. He continues on his way to the library. sword and shield drawn. On edge and ready to defend the gems with his life.

TheAmishPirate
2010-07-27, 08:23 AM
Anthony bites his lip in frustration. The crowds would soon be too thick to make any sort of progress through, and leaving this innkeeper high and dry left a sour taste in his mouth. He grabs the innkeeper and shouts over the din, "Listen to me! I can't help you without my weapons and gear, and that's through this lot!" He motions to the crowd. "Just hold tight, and I'll be back as fast as I can!"

If the nearby buildings are of roughly equal heights (and the roofs are stable enough):
He looks back at the crowd. There was no way he could get through them in any sort of speed. He looks around for any other way out, and his eyes fall on the rooftops. He tries to climb up the walls of the building next to the inn, in the best spot he can discern (taking into account that there is probably a beast inside the inn). Once on the rooftops, he will run and jump across them, making his way back to his house.

Climb Check
[roll0]

Otherwise:
He looks back to the panicking crowds. Soon the streets would be clogged completely; getting trampled certainly wouldn't help anyone here. He mentally runs through the streets in his neighborhood, looking for any backstreets or shortcuts that may have been overlooked. He heads back home while he thinks, sticking to the edges of the road. If he remembers a shortcut or backstreet, he takes it.

Untrained Knowledge (Local) Check
[roll1]

In both cases:
As he runs, he thinks back to the roar he heard. He could swear that he'd heard a beast like that somewhere and sometime before. He wracks his brain of all the animals he knows that could have a roar like that. Whatever the case, he realizes that things inside the city are likely to get a lot worse, and without his bow, he would be powerless to help anyone. Summoning strength from some inner reserve, he wills his legs to move yet even faster.

Knowledge (nature) Check
[roll2]

If not cast already, cast Longstrider.

Lothmar
2010-07-27, 09:07 AM
"Where would be a safe place for the people to gather?" Markus say's looking around. He decides to climb the nearby buildings in hopes of getting a better vantage point. Once on the roof he draws his bow and begins to move to get a clearer visual on the light in the distance. Shame really, it was a good bow and he used to be a hell of a shot with it - but ever since he saw that prophetic dawn months ago his hands had ceased to rattle and shake whenever he tried to use it.

[roll0]Climb
[roll1]Initiative

Cardea
2010-07-27, 03:05 PM
OOC
Unfortunately I will be returning very late tonight. No time estimate as to when I will be back. I will post as soon as I return, however.

You are both stunned for one round.

Superglucose
You know that they have minor control over lightning and sonic elements.

Cardea
2010-07-28, 02:51 PM
Your vision blurs and your ears throb as the creature before you screams. As it ends its howling, its eyes glow brighter and energy begins to build up in its mouth. It shoots out a large blue bolt, which flies through the air, hitting Shamenakar in the chest. He staggers, but regains his balance as both his and Soraya's senses return.

Soraya, it is your turn.
Shamenakar, take eight points of damage. [Electricity]

Lothmar
I don't know why you're rolling for initiative. You aren't anywhere near combat. I also don't know why your character just acted mildly schizophrenic.

And also, I wish I was kidding, you missed the Climb DC by one point. (Superior Masonry). You fall back to the ground, but you manage to land on your feet.

TheAmishPirate
[You succeed on the climb.]
[You are not able to determine what that sound was.]

You climb onto the roof of a nearby building, and soon find it easy to stay on. The next dozen or so homes and buildings have roofs that are near the same height and design, with a three foot gap inbetween each one. You start running, and slowly the crowds thin out beneath you.

Doctor Acula
[Make a Spot and a Listen check.]

sciencepanda
"You're f**king kidding me. These are the Blue Dawn. They almost leveled Baelnosh a few generations ago. They work for some other worldly being or whatever, I don't know, and I don't particularly care. Right now, I have to help defend this city, and your duty is to get those god d**n people on that list with you to the King!" He shouts, almost screaming. "Look at the Crystals, find them, enlist them, then haul your bloody Dwarf carcass to the King!" With these, he stomps off, to join up with a small troop of other guards, who are setting up the outer-wall Balistas.

Superglucose
2010-07-28, 02:58 PM
Soraya stood there, regaining her senses for a moment. Her first thought is to speed up the group and organize a defense. Guards, Dragon-man, they are skilled in the use of lightning and sonic! It may be best to strike out with acid, if you have it, but swords should work fine! Soraya will then move in and cast Haste, hoping to accelerate the guards, the dragon, and herself, as well as two of the cowering individuals.

Doctor Acula
2010-07-28, 03:08 PM
spot:[roll0]
listen:[roll1]

TheAmishPirate
2010-07-28, 03:32 PM
Anthony looks down at the crowds as he runs. As they thin out, he starts to think. I really hope they weren't running from something and were just running to the inner walls... He glances ahead nervously, hoping to not see smoke, falling buildings, or general chaos in that direction. Anyway, with less people, he figures there isn't much need to be dashing along these roofs anymore. Once he has run the length of the semi-level houses, he tries to climb down the corner of one. Once he's back on the ground, he continues running to his house.

Climb Check
[roll0]

Fable Wright
2010-07-28, 03:41 PM
If the creature remains over 60ft away from me:
Seeing the bizarreness of this creature, he feels not fear, but revulsion. This creature's Kashi was twisted out of shape, an abomination that must be destroyed. Mustering his powers, he bellows a deep, powerful roar, and he charges at the creature and fires his breath weapon, infusing his already powerful breath with more Kashi. A pillar of golden flames erupts from his maw.
(Damage in OOC)
If the creature is within charging distance, but not adjacent to me:
Seeing that the creature was kind enough to let him charge, he bellows out his challenge and charges at the creature, greatsword raised high, and infuses the Kashi around it to pick up the most important thing in the world: Blood. Blood to fuel his defenses, and blood to kill the creature. Blood, the elixir of life, would be transferred to him. Feeling the blood congeal into a living barrier around his flesh, he grins.
(attack rolls and damage in the OOC)

If he is adjacent to me:
Seeing that the creature was kind enough to close with him, he grins. This was his lucky day. Bellowing at the creature, he channels the raw energy of nature into him, and flies into a raging fury, becoming a blinding fury of sword and tail, empowering his magic to steal the life force, corrupted as it was from this creature. He revels in the combat. This was his element; he could not lose. (attack and damage rolls OOC)

Repost of actions. Rolls still remain in the OOC.

Lothmar
2010-07-28, 05:18 PM
"Almost, there~" Markus adds his fingers grasping too far for the ledge of the roof and he suddenly slips and slides down the wall. "Oof!" He adds springing to his feet and looking at the wall with determination as he goes to attempt and scale it again.

Well @$%&! That's what I get for not maxing out Climb (1 point). *Chuckle*

So long as there is not an apparent threat near by or a non congested route to take on the ground, Markus will keep trying every round until he makes it to the roof.

[roll0] Spot - to keep an eye out for danger/another route if it becomes available.

Since I need to make at least a 13 roll, im going to roll several attempts to save time and a number of pointless posts.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

If he's failed to make it up at this point, yeah he'll try something else since apparently some otherworldly force doesn't want him to climb this wall.
------------
As to why he's acting all weird and schizophrenic - it's mainly for fluff. Remember, he had an 'epiphany' staring into the distant dawn in the middle of the dessert that left a lasting mark on his person both physically and mentally (I had to fix a few errors on my character so I took 'deformed face' after-all and am simply describing it as I was marked by the blue dawn.). Since the event also horribly damaged his eyes (the source of a few of the flaws/traits), im pretending he saw and witnessed horrible things in the distant beyond etc thus why some of this seems familiar. If you want me to stop or you think it's overstepping my creative liberties just give the word.

Markus grunted but slowed halfway up the wall this time, however this time with a burst of strength he caught himself at the handhold nearest the bottom and pushed off from the ground as strong as he could and managed to pull himself over the top finally after struggling.

sciencepanda
2010-07-28, 06:44 PM
Wilbur raises an eyebrow, clearly annoyed. "Boy," he spits, "Do you have any idea who you are talking to?" Wilbur puffs himself up, his beard writhing around like a mass of snakes. "I am Wilbur Rustbreath, Psychic of the Palid Hills. I can see into the hearts of men and beast alike, and I have enough power in my little finger to burst your head like a ripe melon. I have been alive long before you, and I will be here long after you are gone. So you better damn well start treating me with respect."

Intimidation check to see if the guard starts treating him nicer: [roll0]

After the business is over with, he checks the crystals. Snorting to himself, he thinks, Well, two of them are already together. The sooner I round up these louts, the better, I suppose.

He walks off, in the direction of Shamenakar and Soraya.

Cardea
2010-07-28, 11:00 PM
Shamenakar runs forward, and hits the beast in the front leg. Blue blood flows from the wound, and it howls in pain, though its cry is weaker now. You feel a jolt of pain shoot up into your arm as you withdraw the Axe from its appendage. It attempts to bite you, but you move out of the way just in time to avoid its gnashing teeth. The Guards attempt to stab the beast, and only one of them hits, but he instantly howls in pain and is knocked backwards away from the creature.

[Shamenakar, take six points of damage.]

Lothmar
You get to the top of the Wall, and see a dark mass approaching the city, half-way across the Farmlands surrounding the City. You can hear trumpets and battle horns from them, and you can see Battle-Standards of their force as they cover more and more ground: A field of blue, with a white half-circle with seven lines coming from the top of it. From among the sounds, you can hear them saying one name over and over and over: Cinvil'da. Cinvil'da. Cinvil'da. Cinvil'da.

You can see the Town Guard forming up ranks on the outer wall, their Balistas forming ranks alongside Mages who are preparing spells to shield against spells and arrows. You can see a Dwarf stepping down the first tier steps down from the first wall, and walking into the city.

TheAmishPirate
After a few minutes of running, the crowds have almost completely died out. You assume they've gone for some place of shelter, or back to their homes. You approach your home, open the door, and run in. The first floor contains signs of struggle, and the steps to the second floor has a trail of blood leading to the front door. As you go upstairs, you see a large... creature, unlike anything you have ever seen, dead on the ground. Its body is translucent, and it has sparks of white energy pulsing through it. It looks like something akin to a boar, but... larger. You also see that it has your longsword embedded into it's neck. You can see the rest of your equipment scattered around the room, with blood on them.

sciencepanda
Keeping an eye on your Tracking Crystal, you can tell that there is one target is on the Third Tier walls, another man down the road from the Marketplace and another man down the street from the Library, where the two that are together were.

[Roll for a Spot check.]

Doctor Acula
A force hits you from behind, and while it does not force you down, it forces you to move out from the Alleyway you were standing in. As you turn around to face the being who hit you, you see a creature who looks... wrong. It is a bird, though it is the size of a small dog, with feathers that are crystallized and the rest of its body translucent blue, with sparks of white energy sparking in between. It squawks at you, and charges at you.

[Its making a charge action at you. Go time. You have already drawn your weapons.]

sciencepanda
2010-07-28, 11:08 PM
Spot Check:
[roll0]

Fable Wright
2010-07-28, 11:10 PM
Snarling in fury, he bellows his mightiest cry and allows the Kashi to flow through his body at massive speeds, allowing his power to flow through him, unchecked. Calling upon the fury of nature, he directs the warm Kashi through his flesh, and invigorating his muscles. He proceeds to hack at the beast with a savage bloodlust, with his blade bathed in blood, restoring him, for a time.
I have 13 temporary hit points right now. Now, rolls:
Sword 1: [roll0]+16
Sword 2: [roll1]+11
Tail: [roll2]+11
Damage:
Sword 1: [roll3]+12
Sword 2: [roll4]+12
Tail: [roll5]+4

Superglucose
2010-07-28, 11:21 PM
Soraya calls out to the guards, Stand back! She will then cast Silent Image to make it appear as if there is a wall between the fox and the guards and those the guards are protecting.

Lothmar
2010-07-28, 11:42 PM
"No that's," He pauses squinting as if to make certain. "Not possible. The orders too spread out, I would have heard of a gathering invasion of this caliber ; there's no way they would have let me go on a pilgrimage into a war-zone..." But then he saw the white slashes and realized the standards were not his own, they were close but not of his order... Though it did make him ponder various things as he stood there, one hand roughly clutching the tabbard and bow, the other hand shakily, almost nervously brushing against it. "Prince Haji and the confederacy of desert kings have been at peace with these lands for years..."

His mentors tabard had only been his for a few weeks and he had not washed it or seen much to it's care since it came into his possession. In fact, the only time he'd considered it - all of his laundry supplies save his soap which was in with his general equipment for regular bathing had vanished from the camp when he had awaken - which is why he had decided to buy such affects now.

Spending the entire round checking myself in paranoia as I paw at my own clothes in sweeping strokes as if to brush and scrape away a crusted on stain.

Doctor Acula
2010-07-29, 07:55 AM
Baal swings his sword at the strange bird. He doesn't know why it attacked him but in his current aggravated state that's the only reason he needs. After attacking Baal moves as far away from the bird as he can.

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

TheAmishPirate
2010-07-29, 08:23 AM
Anthony freezes where he stands. Still breathing heavily from the run, he stares dumbfounded into the room, looking left, then right, left again, right again, almost as if he doesn't see the beast or the blood. He takes a shaking step into the room, calling out softly,

"El...Elena? Tim? Are...are you here?"

He staggers closer to the impaled monster, calling louder,

"Elena? Tim?

If there is no response:
Only silence greeted him. He stands in front of the monster, fixed on the bloodied sword, his breath coming faster, head shaking, tears beginning to gather in his eyes. He tears himself away from the beast and frantically searches the room, shouting all the while.

"Elena! Timothy! Where are you!?"

The world outside this room seems to melt away as he overturns tables, shoves furniture aside, tears up the room searching for something, anything, that may yet show they were taken, or even left once the beast was dead. He frantically tracks the blood, even comparing stains, to try and gather what happened. As he searches, his shouts turn into screams, and tears begin to stream unrestrained.

"ELENA! TIMOTHY! Please, ANSWER ME!

Rolls for the spoiler:

Search: [roll0]
Survival (to track and compare blood): [roll1]

OOC:
Anthony is specifically looking for his wife's ring. They were the same rings they exchanged at their wedding, and both have never taken them off. Finding it would be a sure sign (to him) that she is dead.

Cardea
2010-07-30, 09:59 AM
TheAmishPirate
[Survival: You notice there is more of the beast's blood than that of your Wife's or Child's.]

Outside of your house, you hear a nightmarish scream, like a cross between an Eagle and a Lion. It seems to originate from the raised up level near the roof of your home.

Doctor Acula
The Bird-monster screams out in pain as you hit it in the neck. While your sword slices open a clean wound, it doesn't seem to have any adverse effect on its vocal chords. It rears up its body off of the ground and flies straight at you.

[Take 3 damage. [Electricity]. Roll to hit with an AoO.]

Lothmar
As you claw at your clothes and inspect them, you hear a terrible cry of pain, sounding from some unworldly creature. As you turn towards the sound, you see a man fighting against, what looks to be, a giant blue bird. It screams and it pulses with energy, but the man seems to be holding it off for the time being.

The Dragon man's sword connects with the beast, and it collapses. It is embedded into the creature's right haunch, and a surge of energy travels from the sword and into his arm. He's thrown ten feet backwards from the force of the energy, and hits a study desk twenty feet behind you both. The white colors inside the beasts body dissipate, until the only sound left is the Dragon man groaning, and the sound of the Townsfolk breathing heavily.

[DMofDarkness, take 31 points of damage.]

sciencepanda
Above you, you can see large blue birds flying overhead in a 'v' formation. They're headed towards, what you can tell by looking at your crystal map, the marker known as 'Baal'. They scream an unnatural call as they fly towards the marker, and the look in their eyes are vicious. And by the looks of it... they're as large as large hunting dogs. Emphasis on hunting.

Fable Wright
2010-07-30, 10:50 AM
Groaning, Shamenakar gets up, leaning on his sword. His wings flap to steady him as he leans on his injured side. Next time we fight these, I attack from a distance. Whoever made this creature intended it to deal maximum damage both in life and death. These people have contempt for life itself. These are dangerous people. They must be stopped. However, first we must help recovery efforts. Shamenakar proceeds to clean the area, clear through rubble (if there is any), and help any wounded people (again, if there are any) in any way he can.

Lothmar
2010-07-30, 11:02 AM
'No, no... I dont have the convenience of being so paranoid when people are in danger.' Markus thinks to himself as his hands fumble to knock an arrow as he draws closer to the ledge.

"Just a little," Markus comments to himself staring down the sights as the bow wobbles slightly from his nervous and shakey grip.

Holding Action to Fire if the man disengages with the bird.
[roll0] (Cant reference sheet at this time to verify)
[roll1]

sciencepanda
2010-07-30, 11:21 AM
"Hmm, Looks like I may have to get my hands dirty." says Wilbur, cracking his knuckles loudly.

He soon grows impatient, and decides to go to whichever target on the tracking crystal is closest, running as fast as his stubby legs will take him.

TheAmishPirate
2010-07-30, 11:24 AM
As he pours over the room, Anthony's grief turns to...puzzlement? Something wasn't right here. So much blood from the beast, but much less from a human. As he thinks, he dries his tears, and his actions become a bit less frantic. His eyes widen as a thought strikes him. Wait a minute, the sword! If they stabbed this...thing...through the neck like that, and their bodies aren't here, and on top of that there's no large human blood trail leading away, then...they just might still be alive!

His thoughts were cut short by the unearthly wail from outside. Instinctively, he drops to the floor and crawls behind a piece of furniture. He smacks himself. Idiot! The city's under attack and you're just standing here, unarmed, wailing away! You're no good to your family if you're dead! Crawling along the ground, he gathers up his equipment, and outfits himself. If he is not attacked in that time, he creeps up to the window nearest to where he heard the scream. He draws and readies his bow, and cautiously looks outside.

Rolls + Actions

Move Silently: [roll]1d20+13
Hide: [roll0]

Readying two arrows (Manyshot), will fire if attacked.

sciencepanda
2010-07-30, 11:45 AM
Wilbur heads toward Markus, as he seems to be the nearest by.

Superglucose
2010-07-30, 12:29 PM
For the first time since meeting you, Soraya's voice grows hard and stern. It seems almost out of character for her, as if she'd been hiding this exasperation for a while. Give me the book. I can heal you and you can follow me if you want, but you need to give me that book now.

Doctor Acula
2010-07-30, 12:52 PM
Baal prepares for the bird's charge and swings his sword at it yet again.

I have electricity resistance 5 for being a teifling. So I take no damage!!
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Fable Wright
2010-07-30, 02:04 PM
I shall not give you the book. I will carry it. he says, stopping is work. I will carry it, or you will not have it. If, after your master presents why I should give up the book, then he can have it. It is library property, and not on the shelves. You will not take it from me, nor anyone else. I shall keep it.

Superglucose
2010-07-30, 02:16 PM
In which case you will leave this place now. If the dragon does not begin leaving, we will roll initiative again.

Cardea
2010-07-30, 03:23 PM
Outside of the Library, you can hear... something horrendous. It would sound like a flock of geese or ducks shouting, except that it sounds like thousands of them. Among them you can hear some sort of sick laughter, and you can hear a man shout 'We must get him before the Army approaches, my children!'. The Town Guard that is still standing looks at you two: "Stop bickering! We're get some of the civilians back in here and barricade the door. You two can help out others, now go!"

Lothmar
[Make a Grapple Check]

TheAmishPirate
As you look outside, you can see a dozen or so large, blue birds flying over your home towards the sound of the creature you heard from earlier. You can see that they have semi-translucent feathers and skin, and inside them float white bolts of energy. If you guessed, you'd say that these beasts were just bird versions of the monster that was in your home. You can hear a man shouting one the one leading the group of them. 'We must get him before the Army approaches, my children!'

Doctor Acula
[Well played, good sir.]
Your sword connects with the birds head, and it cuts it off in one quick stroke. From the open wound, a burst of energy hits your sword, but the energy is nothing your heritage can overcome you. From behind and above you, you hear a man shouting. 'We must get him before the Army approaches, my children!' You turn, and see a dozen or so of these exact creatures flying in formation, with a man in robes flying on the head one. He has a mask on his face that looks just like the Bird Beast's head, and is holding some sort of staff, which you only know because it crackles with blue energy.

sciencepanda
As you round the second wall, you can see on the third wall a sort of... blue monstrosity of a bird about to attack the person you assume to be Markus. It has translucent feathers and skin, and you can make out fine bolts of white energy inside it. He has his arrows knocked and is aiming at something you can't make out.

sciencepanda
2010-07-30, 03:46 PM
Ugh. Disgusting. His eyes glowing a bright violet, Wilbur snaps his fingers at the monstrous bird, and points at the wall with his walking stick.

"That wall is the most interesting thing in the city. Stare at it until I tell you otherwise."

Manifesting Psionic Suggestion. The DC is 15, unless I am mistaken.

Fable Wright
2010-07-30, 03:51 PM
Rushing outside, Shamenakar shouts, Everyone! Unless you're trained in fighting, get inside the building now! Everyone who can fight, set up a defensive perimeter. Archers get on the roofs, and at least one hand-to-hand combat fighter next to them. Two guards get next to the doors and keep them shut. If we can hold the library long enough, the wizards can help us with magical support. Move! After relaying his orders, he looks to see that people are following them. Scanning around for the enemy, he positions himself so that he can hit the maximum number of enemies without hitting civilians. Imbibing his Kashi into his inner fire, he releases it with a bellow at the foes.

If needed to get everyone to work:
[roll0]+15 for intimidate
Initiative: [roll1]+1
I get an extra 30ft to my movement speed, so I can get outside quickly enough. If need be, he charges to get a shot off. He readies his breath weapon to be let off when friendly units leave the way. He shouts at them to get out of the line of fire, to help them move.
[roll2] for breath weapon; picking fire as my element.
[roll3] for the eldritch arrow power.

Lothmar
2010-07-30, 04:45 PM
"Nice Slice!" Markus calls down from above to the tiefling. "Looks like you dont need my help afterall." He adds releasing the tension from the drawn arrow apparently not even noticing the threat that almost hit him from behind thanks to the aid of Wilbur.

*Ignored due to changes.*
Okay, we are now grappling.
[roll0] Initiative
[roll1]Grapple option - Damage an opponent. - Flurry of blows. Vs Touch AC.
[roll2] Unarmed Dmg.
[roll3]Grapple option - Damage an opponent. - Flurry of blows. Vs Touch AC.
[roll4] Unarmed Dmg.

If there's a size difference (birds small) Add +4 to hit.
-------------------------
If the bird Calms down / flys off due to wilburs influce, I will not engage. I will wave and yell a thanks to the dwarf before rolling off the roof into the alley to grab my bow that fell.

Superglucose
2010-07-30, 04:54 PM
Can the GM describe what I'm looking at outside the library a little better please?

Lothmar
2010-07-30, 05:01 PM
Okay, do I see the incoming flock leader / did I notice wilburs assistance?
[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen

If so, im probably finding a safe way down from the roof to the Tiefling so that im not swarmed and say. "Quick an enemies leading a small flock of those blasted birds our way - we need to find a chokepoint." Markus didnt know who the figure was after, but if it was them he'd rather get somewhere defendable. If he noticed Wilbur as well, he'll call him over if they find a doorway/house they can duck into for a defendable point.

TheAmishPirate
2010-07-30, 05:03 PM
Anthony keeps his head low as the birds fly overhead, and watches as they head further into the city. I'd wager Elena and Tim are hiding out somewhere deeper in the city. I can only pray they're safe for now. Well, can't stick around here all day. I think it's time I repaid these monsters for their kindness.

He walks downstairs, and does a quick search through their healing supplies, as well as stuffs a good supply of his stomach leaves in his pouch. He grabs the first few potions he can find, and then (quietly) makes his way toward the birds. and attempts to climb the tier behind his house to save a little running.

I should still have Longstrider active, so I think I'm moving at 40ft per round.
Move Silently: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]
Climb: In OOC

Doctor Acula
2010-07-30, 05:15 PM
Baal points sword towards the birds and uses his detect evil ability on the birds and the bird rider. He then moves closer to the rider.

Cardea
2010-07-31, 11:31 AM
As you two step out of the Library, you can see down the road to your left a scene that you could swear was in some painting. In a courtyard, you can see a lone man standing with his shield and sword, pointing at a swarm of creatures which look just like the 'fox' you had just slain, but just in a bird form. A man sits on one of them, which appears to be the one the man is pointing to, has a mask on his face that looks just like the Bird Beast's head, and is holding some sort of staff that crackles with energy that looks just like the same type that the beasts have inside of their bodies.

He stands at attention, and in that courtyard, you can easily see his steadfast determination to win. The birds circle around him, easily thirty feet in the air, and never once does he stop pointing at the man.

Lothmar
You climb down and find yourself standing in front of a dwarf, who, while wearing what looks to be freshly cleaned clothes, has a long,red beard covered in filth. He looks at you with a mixture of exhaustion and frustration.
[And yes, you notice it. It's... it's bloody.]

sciencepanda
The bird, who was diving for the man, diverts down, and smashes into the wall. It doesn't have any discernible bones nor does it make any sound of anything breaking. No, all it does is 'splat' into the wall, becoming a mass of clear blue feathers and liquid. The man climbs down the ladder, and addresses you about tactics.

Doctor Acula
The man turns bright red, and laughs as he recognizes what you just did. He points to two of the birds circling you, and then points at you, yelling what sounds to be a 'Crasquawk!'. The birds break from the rest of the flock, and dive at you.

[Make an AoO. Make two if you have Combat Reflexes.]

TheAmishPirate
You scale your house with ease, and see in a courtyard behind your house on the rise, a man circled by a flock of beasts who look like bird versions of the beast in your house. A man rides on one of them, wearing what looks to be a mask that looks like the beasts heads, and wields a staff that crackles with the energy that can be seen inside the birds. They fly forty feet above the man, who does not falter when two of them begin to charge him.

[They are about sixty feet away now.]

Doctor Acula
2010-07-31, 12:08 PM
Baal, moving as swiftly as he can, attacks one of the birds coming towards him.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Fable Wright
2010-07-31, 12:13 PM
Shamenakar charges forward towards the masked man, and then jumps into the air and shoots him and his mount with his Kashi-laden fire breath.
Damage:
[roll0]
[roll1]

TheAmishPirate
2010-07-31, 12:23 PM
On seeing the flock stop and circle, Anthony ducks behind a nearby house, hoping he went unnoticed. If he isn't noticed, he draws his longbow and nocks an arrow to it. Peeking from behind the house, he takes aim at the masked man, fires, and ducks back into hiding.

Initial Hide: [roll0]
To hit: [roll1] (Add another 2 if man is flat-footed)
Damage: [roll2]
Hide Again: [roll3]

Superglucose
2010-07-31, 01:39 PM
Soraya grins, I think I have an idea. She fires a ray at the bird the man is riding on.

Ray of Enfeeblement:
Touch Attack: [roll0]
Strength Penalty to the bird: [roll1]
Keep in mind things normally cannot continue flying when they're above a light load.

EDIT: :smallfurious::smallfurious::smallfurious: *mutters about not being able to crit*

Lothmar
2010-07-31, 01:52 PM
"Thanks for the assistance good sir," Markus adds to Wilbur as he makes it to the ground. "Are you alright?" Markus asks unsure if he's bleeding but he can tell the dwarf is at least probably winded. He looks up and beyond, his vision blocked - but managing to see brief flashes of magic and fire erupting through the air as well as the sound of battle.

"Shall we go see if we can lend some aid?" Markus says it as if it's a question when he has no intention not to. He knocks an arrow and attempts to find either a clear line of sight or a way up to aid in the growing battle.

sciencepanda
2010-07-31, 07:17 PM
Dusting himself of lightly, Wilbur lumbers up to Markus. From this distance, it is now clear that the dwarf is missing his leg, and using a wooden stump in it's place.

Wilbur immediately begins seizing Markus up, This is one of my "targets?" What's so special about him?

"M'fine." he grunts in response. "Suit yourself." He cannot help but roll his eyes at the idea of running off to aid in the battle, but he lets his curiosity get the better of him, following the human off towards the action.

Cardea
2010-08-01, 12:52 AM
Shamenakar's fire hits several of the birds, and while most of them duck out of the way or narrowly avoid the flames, three of them are caught in the fire, and begin to dive towards you. Soraya's blast hits the man's personal bird, and begins to fall rapidly towards the ground, the man in the mask screaming obscenities.

Lothmar + sciencepanda
[You two can climb up a building, climb up a rise which has footholds, or try and fire from where you are. You can only see half of the flock from where you are, currently.]

Doctor Acula
You hit one of the birds in the shoulder, but your hand is instantly jerked away by a sudden shock in your hand when your sword connects. The birds swipe, and hit, you with their talons, before flying back up into the flock.

[Take 12 points of damage. 11 Physical, 1 Electric.]

TheAmishPirate
Your arrows fly through the air, and nail one of the birds square in the chest, and it breaks from the flock looking around to see where the arrows came from. After a few moments of looking around, it flies back into its flock.

Superglucose
2010-08-01, 01:37 AM
Soraya shakes her head grimly, her beautiful black hair swishing side to side with it and framing a rather wonderful smile. Such is the life of one who takes to the sky, I suppose. With that she waited for the man to stand up, after which she fires another blast directly at him.

Ready action for when he stands from prone (if he is prone, else just fire).
Ray of Stupidity:
Ranged Touch:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
If Threat: [roll2]
If Crit: [roll3]

Doctor Acula
2010-08-01, 06:18 AM
Baal runs closer to the man riding on the bird, he also readies himself to attack the next bird that gets near him.

TheAmishPirate
2010-08-01, 08:51 AM
Anthony waits behind the house, expecting to hear a sharp scream of pain, but instead got agitated squawking. Huh. Well that can't be right... He glances around the corner, and sees one of the birds with his arrow sticking out of its chest, and the man nowhere to be seen. Bet that coward flew off once he ran into trouble. Hmm, I should probably move back a bit, those birds might have better eyes than him. He readies another arrow, and fires it off at the bird he hit the first time. He dashes down the street and finds a new hiding spot farther away.

To Hit: [roll0] (+2 if flat-footed)
Damage: [roll1] (+4 if these things still count as animals)
Used Moving Sniper Tactic to move back 10-20 ft
Hide: [roll2]

Fable Wright
2010-08-01, 09:26 AM
Seeing the birds lining up towards him, Shamenakar grins. He, enhanced by the Kashi of Soraya's spell, dashes around to get the birds lined up, flying to take the advantage, and then he fires again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lothmar
2010-08-01, 12:18 PM
"You think you can climb properly or should I lower you a rope?" Markus asks in his broken common dialect unsure how versatile the mans stump leg is as he takes a quick pot shot at the birds he can see and then begins walking towards one of the Rises with footholds figuring it will be easier to climb.

Longbow[roll0]
Dmg[roll1]

sciencepanda
2010-08-01, 01:34 PM
"Listen!" he shouts up at the roof, "I didn't ask to be here, and I don't need your damn help!"

Wilbur grinds his walking stick into the ground with fury. How dare them! How dare all of them! Forcing them into this, as if I owe them or something. If only I had something to take this out on...

Looking up at the flock of monstrous birds, Wilbur smiles a mad grin. That'll have to do.

A piercing purple glow begins to emanate from Wilbur's eyes and mouth and his beard begins to writhe around horribly.

"Now!" he shouts, "My mind is manifest! Creation Type #4: The Twin Daughters of the Dragon King! Heed my call!"

The air around Wilbur glows with an odd iridescence, and then coalesces into a solid form. Roughly the size of a small horse, it has the shape of a human female, but it's head is that of a preying mantis. It's monstrous compound eyes resemble human faces, with glowing ichor dripping from the hollow eyes and mouth. In place of it's upper arms, it possesses a pair of limbless humanoid torsos, the heads of which have massively wide, gaping mouths. Instead of feet, the construct's legs end in small points, with large feathered wings sticking out from the back.

Augmented Astral Construct (+1 from Wild Surge)
Surging Euphoria: Wilbur gets +1 to Attack Rolls, Damage Rolls and Saving Throws for next round.
Psychic Enervation: [roll0] If 1, loose 6 PP and dazed.

4th-Level Astral Construct: (Lasts 7 rounds)
Size/Type: Medium Construct
Hit Dice: 5d10+20 (47 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares) Fly: 40 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 22 (+2 Dex, +10 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+10
Attack: Slam +10 melee (1d6+10+1d4(acid))
Full Attack: Slam +10 melee (1d6+10+1d4(acid))
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Improved fly, Energy Touch (acid), construct traits, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +1
Abilities: Str 25, Dex 15, Con Ø, Int Ø, Wis 11, Cha 10

"Go!" he shouts at his creation, "Tear them apart!" The construct wordlessly flies off in search of it's prey.

Cardea
2010-08-01, 06:55 PM
DMofDarkness + superglucose
The line of fire manages only to hit one of the birds, who becomes nothing more than sludge and ash that falls to the ground. The spell that Soraya casts almost reaches the man with the mask, but breaks and becomes warped and twisted and soon begins to spiral around his staff, before dissipating. He laughs, and with a shout, yells out: "Shien tel koree and by Emperor's Decree!"

The birds above the lone man begin to grow slightly larger, and change from blue to pink.

As he yells this, you can see... a monstrosity approach the swarm, and bat at one of the birds, breaking its neck, killing it.

[Just look at sciencepanda's description.]

TheAmishPirate
Your arrow flies out and hits the same bird in the chest, but as you try and run and duck for cover, it turns and spots you, and begins chasing after you. You notice as it chases after you, it turns from blue to pink, and grows slightly larger. But you see, beyond the bird chasing after you, a large monster approaching the swarm. It bats at one of the birds, and looks like it shatters its body in half, killing it.

Doctor Acula
The man stands next to you now, apparently ignorant of your presence. The same two birds who made passes at you earlier dive at you again, swiping at your body. As they do, they turn pink from blue, and turn slightly bigger. The man you notice just completed some sort of spell, and his attention is focused at two people a little bit down the street from you, shooting fire and magic at the birds.

Lothmar
Your arrow flies upwards, and strikes one of the birds. But you notice that it is rapidly changing in both size and color, going to a pin hue, instead of blue. It strikes one bird, who apparently is making swipes at a young man. But that doesn't register with you. What registers is the large monstrosity that suddenly manifests from Wilbur, and moves from him to the swarm, batting one of the birds and killing it from the force of the blow.

sciencepanda
[Your construct just flew up and max critted one of the birds. I hope you're satisfied.]

The swarm is now panicking, you can tell, at the sudden loss of one of its flock. The man who you saw earlier is looking left to right looking for the source of the beast, probably to sick his flock on. He fails to notice you, as his attention is soon occupied by something shooting fire and something shooting magic at him from far to the left, down the street of the courtyard.

Fable Wright
2010-08-01, 07:06 PM
Shocked by the disappearance of the mage, who abandoned his abominations, and the appearance of the new creature, he momentarily forgets his plight and begins looking for the source of this new creature. After this perfunctory scan, he glides down and bathes more of the abominations in his Kashi-laden fire.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]+11

Cardea
2010-08-01, 07:11 PM
The Mage didn't disappear. He fell off of his mount and landed in the courtyard near Doctor Acula.

Fable Wright
2010-08-01, 07:24 PM
He failed his spot check.

Revised actions:
Seeing the mage fall, he looks around for the source of the new abomination. Hearing him, he makes a note to check the area later. He imbues his axe with eldritch might, and charges the mage.

(Using my previous spot and listen rolls. New attack and damage rolls:)
[roll0]+13
Damage for sword: [roll1]
Using eldritch axe damage from last post.

Doctor Acula
2010-08-01, 07:24 PM
Baal charges at the enemy spell caster, imbuing his blade with the force of his will. However Baal is careful to keep the spell caster alive for further questioning.

(nonlethal) CHARGING SMITE!!!!!!

Attack:[roll0]
Damage(non lethal):[roll1]

-2 to my ac until next round, If this guy is an evil outsider he gets an extra [roll2] damage too! And for DR purposes my weapon is good aligned and silvered.

sciencepanda
2010-08-01, 10:06 PM
Wilbur grins madly as his creation crushes one of the bird-creature's necks with its gaping arm-mouths.

"Hah!" he shouts up at Markus, "What do you think of that?!"

Wilbur tries to find the origin of the bird flock, scrying in that direction with his crystal if possible.

Spot: [roll0]

TheAmishPirate
2010-08-01, 10:11 PM
Without flinching, Anthony draws another two arrows and fires them at once at the incoming bird. He takes off on the road perpendicular from the flock. Once he is off, he puts his longbow back in his quiver and draws his spear. He turns to face the bird. "Now let's see how you do against a Clarke armed and waitin' for you!"

Manyshot: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] * 2, or another [roll2], and +4 each if these things are animals.
Sorry for the confusion, unsure how Manyshot damage works.
In any case, moving full movement.

Lothmar
2010-08-01, 10:51 PM
". . .The fact that you're helping anyway proves you have character." Markus adds with the same broken upbeat tone of common he has used thus far, pondering if he had somehow offended the dwarf in some manner. When he says he doesn't need his help Markus simply smiles and nods. "Glad to hear it, so few people are properly independent these days."

Markus asks deciding stay where he was for the time being with a held action to shoot any bird the come's his or Wilbur's way.

"What do I think or 'that'?" Markus adds uncertain tilting his head slightly as if to ponder things. "A little too abstract art for my taste, though I do appreciate a good nude." He chuckles uncertain what the man really wants to hear.

Detecting evil on the construct / Wilbur while I hold my action to cover us.

[roll0]
[roll1]

sciencepanda
2010-08-01, 11:30 PM
The construct is True Neutral.

Wilbur isn't evil, per se, just kind of a jerk who's gone a bit touched in the head from a century of isolation.

Wilbur has no knowledge of art; he wouldn't know a Renoir from a Duchamp; and so he is understandably a bit confused by Markus's response.

He shouts upward, "So! You have any idea what these things we're fighting are?"

Lothmar
2010-08-01, 11:56 PM
"Specifically?" Markus adds as if trying not to be a smart ass by giving the most obvious of answers 'well they look like large birds'.

"No idea. But perhaps we can get some information if we capture the bird keeper, that is if whoever is up there fighting doesn't kill him first." Markus adds nodding. "After that, im all for making a stand but - it'd probably be best to figure out a way to evacuate as many people as we can and retreat to a defensive position where we can make that stand count for something." He adds as if gesturing, further into the capital.

Superglucose
2010-08-02, 01:07 AM
Seeing her spell fail, she elects to tag along for now. Given the opportunity I feel you should be adaquately able to take him down on your lonesome.

I will delay.

sciencepanda
2010-08-02, 03:47 PM
"Mm," says Wilbur, "If you'd like. Can you see the source of those bird things? I can't really tell from down here."

Cardea
2010-08-02, 06:42 PM
TheAmishPirate
Your arrow flies past the bird, who claws you in aggravation.
[Take 17 Points of damage.]

sciencepanda
[You see the origin of the birds, as well as hundreds more of them, in what you can easily tell is a closer view of the Army that is approaching Baelnosh.]

Doctor Acula
You make contact with his body, and he gives out an audible "Augh!". His attention is turned to you now, and from his finger tips he shoots a few bolts of energy at you. He looks strained now, and from beneath his mask you can hear him breathing hard. Two birds fly at you from your sides, trying to claw at you.

[Take 8 Points of damage. Make an AoO.]

superglucose
[Roll a Spot check]

DMofDarkness
You swing your axe down onto the Mage's form, and connect with his torso. It's a clean cut, and he heaves blood, dark and thick, from his mouth. As you flew down, several of the birds made swipes at your body, and cut you with their talons.

[Take 32 Points of Damage.]

Superglucose
2010-08-02, 06:49 PM
spot: [roll0]

Fable Wright
2010-08-02, 06:56 PM
Screaming in rage, he summons his power into the form of strength, sinking his blades into the soft, yielding flesh of his adversary. Every ounce of his blood would be repaid in kind. He would be sure of it.
Attacks and such:

[roll0]+15
[roll1]+10
[roll2]+10

Damage:
[roll3]
[roll4]+13
[roll5]+13
[roll6]+4

TheAmishPirate
2010-08-02, 07:57 PM
Anthony reels back from the bird's claws, but manages to keep himself on his feet. He gives a shout as he delivers a series of stabs at the bird.

Full Attack
[roll0]
[roll1] +4 if animal

[roll2]
[roll3] +4 if animal

Doctor Acula
2010-08-02, 08:13 PM
Baal swings his sword at the birds attacking him before turning to the spell caster once again, screaming "In the name of St.Cutheburt, fall you infernal sorcerer" as he smites the caster

AoO:[roll0]
[roll1]

Attack on the caster
SMITE!!!
[roll2]
[roll3]+[roll4] if he is an evil outsider

sciencepanda
2010-08-02, 08:25 PM
Yikes. Thinks Wilbur as he stares off at the approaching army.

"You know," he says to Markus, "Retreating may not be such a bad idea. Shall we be off then?"

He looks on at his construct, checking on it's progress.

Lothmar
2010-08-02, 08:39 PM
As no threat has made itself apparent to attack himself or Wilbur, Markus shoulders his bow quickly and then proceeds to climb up so that he may view the fight at hand.

Climb[roll0] going up the location with footholds that I moved to last round. Figured that would be an easier climb.

Cardea
2010-08-03, 08:47 PM
superglucose
You notice, right before the Dragon-Man hits the Mage, that he's laughing. Hard.

Everyone
The 'Dragon-Man' hits the Mage, embedding his axe into his abdomen, as the Young Man who was fighting in the Courtyard in the first place slices one of the now-pink birds in half. The birds begin to grow brighter and brighter, until they start morphing into one larger bird of the same form. It yells out, in a horrendous cry, "Emperor's Decree! Emperor's Decree!" in a voice that sounds just like the Mage's, just in a squawking tone. It cries out in an even louder cry, as it lands before the Young Man that was first fighting.

[Everyone excluding TheAmishPirate, make a Will Save vs. Fear.]

TheAmishPirate
As the bird is about to strike you again, and as you are about to pierce it through the head, it dissolves into a Bird Mask, in resemblance to its head, and pink energy which speeds from you to the bird flock to your right, to the Courtyard. There, it forms with the other birds, until it turns into a monstrous, larger version of the birds.

Fable Wright
2010-08-03, 08:54 PM
[roll0]+4 (save) +4(unstoppable (will)), +1 if it's a spell-like effect or a spell...

YOU. SHALL. NOT. MOCK ME!!! he roars, and attempts to cleave the mage-bird in half, charging through the air to rip him limb from limb. (Rolls in OOC.)

Lothmar
2010-08-03, 09:10 PM
Markus Finishes his climb and stands resolutely in defiance. "A decree you say? Well out with it Parrot, before the rest of them kill you." He chuckles readying an arrow but instead simply smirking at the creature. "Some of us would like to know why you're all here after all."

Using Daunting presence. DC 16 or Shaken.
Fear Save
[Roll]1d20=12+14(26) if Diplomacy is applicable. 12+16(28) if Intimidate is applicable for convincing/pressing the creature into talking further. Or if im out of actions, just ignore that then.

Superglucose
2010-08-03, 09:17 PM
Will Save:[roll0]

sciencepanda
2010-08-03, 09:39 PM
Will Save: [roll0]
Autohypnosis Check, if the Will Save fails: [roll1]

(Should he succeed on one of the checks)
Disgusting. thinks Wilbur. He whistles at his construct.

"That thing offends me. Reduce it to a pile of organs, and if you can, find it's creator and do the same to him."

Doctor Acula
2010-08-03, 10:10 PM
Baal whispers to himself "Oooooo, methinks the game has started" as he uses Lay on hands to healhimself of all wounds

TheAmishPirate
2010-08-03, 11:26 PM
Anthony's stab into nothing forces him into an undignified stumble forward. He catches himself before he falls into the main street. He steadies himself on the wall and watches the huge bird from hiding. What sort of new devilry is this? He takes a moment to asses his wounds. That one little bird did a number on me...that big one'll swallow me in a bite if it gets the chance. I pity the poor sap that's caught it's eye. Opting to hang back for the moment, he activates the healing powers in his belt.

Activate burst healing: [roll0]
Hide (I guess?): [roll1]

Cardea
2010-08-04, 05:47 PM
Everyone but TheAmishPirate
The large avian monstrosity rears up, and yells out again, even louder, "Emperor's Decree!" as it hits the Young Man that originally started this struggle in the chest, knocking him back ten feet, with it's wing. It turns, and grabs the Construct by the chest with one of its Talons, and pins him to the ground, pecking at it, laughing as the Construct misses the first attack, and is stabbed in the shoulder by the second.

[Everyone, the Stun is now over.]
[Doctor Acula, take 17 points of damage.]

TheAmishPirate
[What do you do now? The bird does not know where you are.]

Fable Wright
2010-08-04, 06:14 PM
YOU. SHALL. NOT. MOCK ME!!! he roars, and attempts to cleave the mage-bird in half, charging through the air to rip him limb from limb. (Rolls in OOC.)

Lothmar
2010-08-04, 06:29 PM
"Tsk..." Markus makes an annoyed sound gritting his lips as he advanced to lend aid as he begins to pepper the creature as he advances.

Moving thirty foot, Shooting my bow. I may change my strategy but I will probably lather rinse repeat this cycle until I get within 30 foot of the bird monster.

[roll0]+8-4+3(SE)=25?
Shooting into melee? Bird losses Dex bonuse because it's engaged in a grapple - but a miss shooting into such a melee grapple means the miss targets one of the other grapplers if it would hit them rulings (that is if you dont have precise+ shot)?

Lothmar
2010-08-04, 07:31 PM
Continuing my actions as listed above of Moving 30 foot then firing (Will not continue moving once I reach 30 feet from the Bird). The above actions will be for the current turn, these two will be my previous turns.
[roll0]Smite Evil bow Damage.

[roll1]+8-4
[roll2]Bow Damage

[roll3]+8-4
[roll4]Bow Damage

Doctor Acula
2010-08-04, 07:36 PM
Round 1:
Baal charges angrily at the giant bird that just flung him across the city.

CHARGING SMITE!!!!!
[roll0]
[roll1]plus[roll2] if it is an evil outsider

Round 2:

Baal strikes the bird once again before moving 20 feet away from the bird.

[roll3]
[roll4]plus [roll5] of it is an evil outsider

TheAmishPirate
2010-08-04, 09:14 PM
Anthony breaths a small sigh of relief. He was not looking forward to taking on the monster close range. He fires off an arrow from hiding. As he ducks back, he realizes that being caught in the open again would likely be his last mistake. I wonder, is there anywhere I can take cover if it comes this way? He scans the area, looking for abandoned stores, overturned carts, or anything else that the bird would have trouble getting into.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] +4 if animal
Hide again: [roll2]
Search: [roll3]

sciencepanda
2010-08-04, 11:32 PM
Wilbur's construct produces no sound as bits of ectoplasm are torn out of it by the bird creature. At the same time, Wilbur snarls in rage at the creature's mental attack. Damn creature is stealing my routine! Well, See what it thinks of this!

Wilbur concentrates for a moment, and the slams his walking stick on the ground, releasing a series of translucent black tendrils of psionic energy. The tendrils float slowly upward, then suddenly lash onto the bird monster's face, violently forcing their way into it's eyes and mouth.

Id insinuation (Augmented):
DC: 16
Duration: [roll0]
Effect:[roll1]
d% Behavior
01-10 Attack manifester with melee or ranged weapons (or move toward manifester if attack is not possible).
11-20 Act normally.
21-50 Do nothing but babble incoherently.
51-70 Flee from manifester at top possible speed.
71-100 Attack nearest creature (for this purpose, a psicrystal counts as part of the subject’s self).

Superglucose
2010-08-04, 11:42 PM
These save DCs are kind of nuts. We are, after all, only 6th level. In any case I will continue to delay.

Cardea
2010-08-05, 10:03 PM
Lothmar
Your arrows hit the beast in the neck, torso and wing, and while it does cringe slightly as they pierce its 'flesh', it continues to bite into the Construct Monstrosity.

superglucose
You hear a soft... soothing voice... in your head. It sounds like the Man's voice, but... softer. Almost pleading. "Hello... I'm... I'm going to die soon. When they kill this... thing that has me, and me as well, a book and a mask is going to drop... can you... can you take them? They served me well before I was... turned..."

DMofDarkness
You embed your Axe into its leg, it screams back from the pain, glowing blue liquid trickling down from the newly open wound. As you pull your Axe back, this liquid pours out, while the wound slowly begins to heal over before your eyes. It looks at you, and swings its wings at you, which you narrowly dodge by ducking your head. It turns it's attention back off of you, and onto the construct.

sciencepanda
You can feel the tendrils working into the Bird's head, working its way to its nervous system. But as they get farther and farther in, you can start to hear laughter coming from inside. You sense more than one presence inside this creature's head, and it pushes your power out.

[What you just found out: OH CRAP THERE ARE MULTIPLE ENTITIES IN THIS THING CONTROLLED BY THAT MAGE.]

TheAmishPirate
Your arrow flies away, and you can hear loud laughter, Human-like, roaring from the Bird. "You're next, little man. I'll get you back for your bratty little son's actions against Humgrir!"

Doctor Acula
Your sword slices through the creature's legs, removing its feat from its body. Liquid pours rapidly from the wounds, but start to heal over as the liquid begins to congeal. Its foot is still holding down the construct, but you can see its pulling the foot off from its body.

Superglucose
2010-08-05, 10:05 PM
GM:

Soraya thinks, If it takes my life I will keep these things safe for you.

Soraya nods.

TheAmishPirate
2010-08-06, 09:03 AM
Anthony steps out of hiding. No reason to sneak around if the bird already knew where he was. He growls his words at the bird, punctuating them with arrow shots. "You. Will. Not insult my son, monster!

Shots (Taking Rapid Shot)
A1: [roll0]
A2: [roll1] (+4 if the first shot misses)
A3: [roll2] (+4 x number of misses)

Damage (all +4 if this thing is an animal)
A1: [roll3]
A2: [roll4]
A3: [roll5]

Fable Wright
2010-08-06, 09:16 AM
Worked up in a murderous frenzy, he starts to feel the onset of withdrawal. Shamenakar focuses his energy to keep the magic fueled (Beast heart (con)), and then proceeds to hack the bird to death, feeding off it's blood.
[roll0]+13
[roll1]+8
[roll2]+8

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
Also, realized that my armor class is actually 22 right now...

Lothmar
2010-08-06, 11:58 AM
"Shame, no legs will be left at this rate..." Markus adds jokingly as he continues to pepper the giant bird with his bow, his favorite part of the bird being the drumsticks.

[roll0]+8-4
[roll1]

sciencepanda
2010-08-07, 12:11 AM
Wilbur once again recoils at this odd discovery. Weird. He thinks. Some sort of gestalt mind. Well, this is a longshot, but I wonder if this works...

Taking a deep breath, he focuses calmly on the bird-creature, and simply let's his mind's eye's depiction of it just melt away into oblivion.

Dispel Psionics (Targeted)
[roll0]
DC=Caster/Manifester Level + 11

Doctor Acula
2010-08-09, 09:38 AM
Baal swings his sword at the beast once again, puzzled by the healing ability this creature possesses. He tries to remember anything he can about this creature, if he heard of anything like it and if it has any weaknesses.

[roll0]
[roll1] plus[roll2] if it is an evil outsider.

Knowledge(religion) [roll3]

Cardea
2010-08-09, 02:02 PM
Lothmar
Your arrow flies out and hits the bird in the stomach...

DMofDarkness
Your Axe cuts a bigger wound into the bird, the dark liquid pouring from the open wound like a thinned jelly...

TheAmishPirate
The bird looks at you, and squawks a laugh out, as your arrows fly and hit it in the head and neck silencing it...

sciencepanda
You feel your pull on its form give way, and something in it gives...

Doctor Acula
The bird lowers down in fatigue, looking beyond exhausted, as you plunge your sword down into its back, stabbing where you think its heart is.

Everyone
The creature melts away, leaving a small pool of the thick liquid that poured from it. Static sparks around it. You all hear the sounds of the rest of the city now, and you realize that the Army is even closer now. You hear sounds of riots and screaming and praying, and you can hear screams of blood; both for and out of. In the pool lays a man with a smile on his face. He looks old, very old, and he's dressed in robes that mark him as a wielder of magic greater than those of average practitioners. He holds on his body a warped staff, and a book, which is inside of a blue sphere. You can almost hear out a faint 'Thank you'.

OOC
BTW. Fast Healing 10. DR 5/ Silver.
That was your first major encounter as a group. Opinion?

Doctor Acula
2010-08-09, 02:16 PM
Baal moves towards the old man, with a sword drawn at his throat "Sir, tell me why I shouldn't kill you right now. Talk quickly because it seems that there will be more battles soon." Baal looks into the old mans soul to discern if he is evil.
Detect evil on the old man!

TheAmishPirate
2010-08-09, 03:04 PM
Anthony cautiously runs to the courtyard, keeping an arrow ready in case any more blue creatures jump out at him. Though, given how much it took to bring down just one group of them and the size of the oncoming army...well, best not to think too hard on that one.

Superglucose
2010-08-09, 03:41 PM
Soraya walks up to him. You're quite welcome, sir. Are you the one who asked me to take possession of a mask and a book?

Lothmar
2010-08-09, 05:00 PM
Markus shoulders his bow and approaches Baal from behind, he places one hand on his shoulder and one hand on his wrist shaking his head as he says in a hushed tone. "It is over," he adds as if to calm him before he takes a knee and confirms his suspicions with a quick medical check of pulse before closing the mans eyes if they are still open. "He is dead."

After a slight pause. "Our duty is to ourselves and to the defense of the people now. We cannot give our enemy honorable service at this time, but perhaps the lords men can. This body may still possess vital information to the defense of this capital, but we must get it to those who can divine such intracies." He adds pausing to look around as if to make sure that no one will stop him from shouldering the body.

"Come, we must save those we can and withdraw towards the inner defenses." It was unfortunate but the enemy had the suprise and initiative of this fight and the capital was likely to lose a layer or two of it's outer regions before the army could seal the reaminder of the city off since it likely didnt have the forces at hand to hold off such an attack..

Superglucose
2010-08-09, 05:05 PM
Soraya walks up next to the paladin and gently takes the book out of the wizard's hand. May the book serve me better than it did you, old man. She looks up at the paladin with a cold sadness in her eyes, saying, Even the masters cannot stand up to face this threat.

Fable Wright
2010-08-09, 05:53 PM
People... I hate to break it to you, but we need to run. This was just a scout for the army, and it nearly killed us. We need to flee. We can read up on these people later, and come back better prepared. But right now, we need to get out of the city. Shamenakar says, starting off towards the gate opposite of the approaching army.

sciencepanda
2010-08-10, 05:57 PM
A bit winded, Wilbur clomps his way forward, rudely shoving through the crowd. He dips a finger into the ichor surrounding the mans body and tries to bring to mind any knowledge he can of the nature of the Blue Dawn's apparition.

Knowledge Checks:
Psionics:[roll0]
Nobles and Royalty:[roll1]
Everything Else: [roll2]

Doctor Acula
2010-08-10, 07:38 PM
If we must run follow me to the east. You have shown yourselves to be valiant in battle and I feel I may need allies such as you to survive this trip Without looking at who is following him Baal sheaths his sword and begins his journey to the east

sciencepanda
2010-08-10, 09:19 PM
"Myep." grunts Wilbur, "That last fight sorta winded me a bit. I wouldn't object to getting out of here."

"And hey," he adds, in a way which it is difficult to determine whether if he is being sarcastic or not, "If I get too bored, I can always eat one of you or something."

Ectoplasm eh? he thinks, Well, at least its something I'm familiar with. I guess that's better then nothing.

TheAmishPirate
2010-08-10, 10:25 PM
Anthony arrives at the courtyard to find an elf, what appears to be a human-sized black dragon, a dwarf strongly resembling an unkempt hobo, a...thing dressed in armor bearing the church's markings, and an odd-looking person.

He groans inside. Oh great. First magical blue sparking beasts, now it looks as if I've stumbled onto some freak show. He lowers his bow as he approaches, and addresses the general group. "If you're done gawking and gossiping with that thing, we should get moving. If we're not deeper in the city and away from this lot quick, there'll be more where that one came from." He motions behind him, as if the smoke and screams wasn't indication enough.

sciencepanda
2010-08-12, 12:48 PM
Oh! That's right! With a spark of remembrance at the back of Wilbur's mind, he pulls out the locater crystals that the guard had given him earlier. Now, Is everyone here? He scans the area briefly to check. Provided everyone is within listening range, he promptly shouts,

"Hey! Now, apparently the king wants to meet with us lot. Or something. Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I fully intend to go give him a piece of my mind about this whole mess. If any of you lot care to come, that'll do for me."

Lothmar
2010-08-12, 01:01 PM
"That's a serious claim." Markus adds with a smirk hefting the body onto his back and tieing the mages wrists with rope to his own in case his grip slips, so he doesnt have to worry about dropping him since he'll end up dragging the corpse.

"But im willing to listen considering your aid to me so far," He adds with a smirk. "Did he give you a place to meet or a means to find him? And at this meeting did you have tea with the queen and enjoy fine scones with the duke?" He adds sarcastically to block out the fear in the back of his mind from the cucrent situation as he begins to move further into the city at a speed not to outpace the dwarf - mainly because it made his own job of carrying a body easier to run at that speed.

TheAmishPirate
2010-08-12, 01:16 PM
Anthony raised an eyebrow. "Serious claim? More like a pack of lies to me. But...I suppose I'm heading that way anyway. Couldn't hurt to travel together, seeing as the alternative is facing more of those things alone." He walks beside Markus, keeping his bow out and and an eye out for any trouble.

sciencepanda
2010-08-12, 01:37 PM
"Mmm. I can't say I don't blame you for disbelieving me. I didn't meet with the king directly or nuthin. Just this **** of a guard gave me this device to locate you with, and then said the king wanted to speak with us or somefink. It seems pretty shady to me as well. But the device seems to work as intended, and the sooner we get this over with, the sooner I can get home and not have to look at your ugly faces ever again."

He fiddles with the map crystal a little.

"Now let's just see if I can get this damn thing to show me where the High Palace is..."

Superglucose
2010-08-12, 03:50 PM
After retrieving the tome from the corpse and putting it in her waist-bag, Soraya will turn to the objector, ignoring the insult laid upon her by the dwarf. Whether or not it is the King who wishes to find us is of very little importance. Whoever wishes to collect us has gone to great lengths in invoking the name of His Majesty and with these obviously magical crystals. If it isn't the King it is someone of affluence. And before you say it, no, I do not believe they would be hostile towards us. After all, their servant here helped rid us of this scout, as it were. If the men of affluence were interested in our deaths, it would have been much simpler to have their servant backstab us in the middle of that combat.

Soraya takes a deep sigh at this, her long, straight and black hair wafting a little in the breeze. I do, however, have an errand I was supposed to run, and until that errand is impossible to complete I fear I must do my best to assure for the safety and deliverance of a book the mighty Dragon is keeping so foolishly from my grasp. Simply put, I and the book the dragon there carries (and himself if he continues to refuse to relinquish it to my possession) must make it to the Arcane University. It is likely as safe a place as any, after all, my masters are individually significantly more powerful than all of us combined. Afterwords I would gladly consent to visit with the individual who is striving so hard to meet with us, whether or not he is the King.

Lothmar
2010-08-12, 04:12 PM
"I suppose if it's closer," Markus adds scratching his chin. "Oh and once at the university someone might be able to send us forward magically - this might just make our trip a lot easier."

TheAmishPirate
2010-08-12, 04:50 PM
"Steady on, I was just saying his whole bit about the king was suspicious." Anthony thinks for a moment. "Though, going for the...Arcane University, was it?, is not a bad idea. To be honest, I don't really know where the palace is either, just that it's probably somewhere in the heart of the city. I bet some of the higher-ups at this university of yours would know."

sciencepanda
2010-08-12, 06:04 PM
"Meh," says Wilbur, wrinkling his nose in distaste, "That sorta bookmagic has always been for elves and women. Never liked the stuff. But I guess if we really must go there..." He sighs briefly.

Addendum: Please note that the views of this character do not reflect those of the author. Thank you for your time. :smallbiggrin:

Superglucose
2010-08-12, 08:31 PM
Soraya gives the old dwarf a very poignant grin. I suggest you tell my masters that they are doing women's work. I'm sure they could see fit to arrange for you to be a woman as well. Perhaps, if you are lucky, they will make you an elven maiden!

sciencepanda
2010-08-13, 01:09 PM
Wilbur lets out a grunt, but says nothing else in response as he heads off with the group.

Cardea
2010-08-15, 10:22 PM
Everyone except DA + DMoD
You rush down the streets as a group, picking off beasts as you rush along the alleyways and back-paths, following Soraya, to the University. As you progress farther and farther into the city, you come across more and more of the beasts. Most ignore you, but for the one or two that do pay you attention, the four of you combined cut them down. As you round down into the city, you turn a corner onto what you believe to be the university and are met by its...

Crater. Where the University once lay, the grounds and the buildings, are gone, with nothing but a large hole, like an impact, laying where it was. Its large enough to plant trees in, and there are several carved out sinkholes where, you assume, basement rooms once lie; those are missing as well.

Superglucose
2010-08-15, 10:37 PM
With a steady voice that seem almost entirely at odds with the tears welling in her eyes, Soraya says, I suppose coming here was a waste then. A pity I couldn't complete my master's last request. She looks at the man who suggested going to the king. Let's see what his majesty wishes to see us for.

TheAmishPirate
2010-08-16, 09:07 AM
Anthony lets out a small sigh, slowly shaking his head. He turns to the others and adds, "If we keep heading for the inner walls, we're bound to run into the palace, or at the least someone who knows where it is."

sciencepanda
2010-08-16, 09:17 AM
Dispite his surprise and vague sense of horror at the situation, Wilbur cannot help but chuckle a little, "Heh, so much for them making me an elf maiden, then." He mutters under his breath.

Pulling out his map crystal, and checking for the location of the palace, he turns to Anthony and responds, "Save your time. I've got a map right here."

Lothmar
2010-08-16, 09:39 AM
"How could it have vanished in such silence?" Markus asks aloud to himself tossing a small rock into the deep hole. "I wonder if something is dragging down buildings." He adds contemplating what it would take to do something like that. However he quirks his gaze in an examining manner for a moment.

"Could this just be an imprint?" He continues pondering aloud to himself wondering if the university and its foundations were somehow shielded from the blue dawns magic that seemed to draw everything else into this inverted world.

"Hmm, regardless - we had best keep moving." He nods in agreement to following the map someone had conveniently made for them.

Superglucose
2010-08-16, 10:31 AM
Suddenly Soraya drops her control for a moment and shoots a glare at the dwarf. Don't tempt fate lest you share it with those I once served.

Cardea
2010-08-19, 10:20 PM
DM BUMP
It is my preference that I don't have to tell my Players where to go whenever they reach one destination. I do understand that at certain points, you need hints on where to go or what to do. If that is the case, please PM me.

If not, advance the story. Characters work the story. The Writer simply shows them what happens.

sciencepanda
2010-08-19, 10:23 PM
Wilbur merely snorts at the elf, holding out his map-crystal for all to see.

(Presuming he can locate the palace on it)

"Hmm," he says, "Says the royal home area is right here."

Superglucose
2010-08-19, 10:30 PM
Then let's not stand around like a pack of dwarves and actually do something. Soraya heads out in the direction of the palace.

I'm on BanWatch folks, got an infraction for "discussing politics" which is kind of crap because no one else in the conversation was even given a warning and I got a 100 point. Sorry.

Lothmar
2010-08-19, 11:12 PM
Markus will stay calm and silent during these affairs, but will stay between the two just in case things should heat up and the two would need someone to calm them down. But yes, it was better to keep moving at this point and maintained his position.

TheAmishPirate
2010-08-19, 11:18 PM
"Fine by me." Anthony adjusts his quiver and makes sure to stay at least a few paces away from the elf. "Let's hope the Town Guard has been able to hold 'em off."

Cardea
2010-08-23, 11:18 PM
DM Bump.
My creative juices got burned out a little bit, but we're coming back fresh tomorrow. With combat maps, too. And a city map.

I'm keeping this alive.

Cardea
2010-08-24, 07:57 PM
Everyone excluding DA and DMoD
You travel further into the city, and the cries of terror are now... distant. You can hear screams of war and of terror and you can hear nothing that was of the Baelnosh just this morning. There are no roosters. There is no laughter. There is just this burning silence over your ears as you can hear the cries of battle from a distance. You climb the stairs up to the High Palace tier, and find platoons of guards running on patrol patterns around the grounds. They ignore you for the most part.

On the grounds, houses and mansions are divided into half-circles of fives. There are only three buildings which are not. Two you do not recognize, and the third you recognize as the High Palace. Even in the distance, you can see its glory. Well, tarnished glory. It seems to be worn down from the past hour of turmoil.

ZombyWoof
2010-08-26, 01:33 PM
What a pity. Perhaps we can figure out a way to make this all better? Soraya heads into the palace.

Cardea picked me to replace Superglucose. I've spoken with him and I think I understand the character pretty well.

sciencepanda
2010-08-26, 10:13 PM
Good to have you aboard! I'm sure we'll get along swimmingly.

"Hm" snorts Wilbur, "Well, at least it's intact. I don't know about you lot, but I'm heading inside."

Lothmar
2010-08-26, 11:46 PM
Markus pauses to set down the body of the 'possessed' mage as he circles his neck and rotates his shoulders - slightly sore from carrying the extra load this entire way. However, his comfort hopefully attended to he re-shoulders the body and proceeds to look for a captain or officer to talk to.

If Markus finds an officer willing to listen, he will explain as follows.
"This man was, 'possessed?' in a sense by whatever this force is." He adds in reference to the blue dawn phenomenon in general but implying 'from the beginning' not 'possessed recently/in his presence. "In the fight though, he controlled a number of the enemy birds and kept going on about something akin to 'Emperors Decree'. We visited the academy, but it was gone - so i've brought him here in hopes that some mage of the guard or the royal mage's might be able to discern some information from the study of an intelligent enemy." He adds comparing this man to the bestial blue dawn creatures, having at least a semblance of intelligence and possible authority.
--------
If the soldiers are too busy/seem to ignore him, he will continue inside following the others in his company while shouldering the body. Most likely obtaining someone's attention at that point to confer the above...

And, sounding official etc.
Diplomacy[roll0]

ZombyWoof
2010-08-27, 03:25 AM
Soraya gives a grin at the Dwarf, all his past transgressions seemingly forgiven as she says, You speak sense, Master Dwarf. I would prefer to be indoors as well, the sounds of these pitched battles are distressing.

TheAmishPirate
2010-08-27, 09:49 AM
"Aye, the sooner we get inside, the sooner we can get this mess sorted out." Anthony takes a minute to look around, trying to see if he can see where if there's a central place where the citizens of Baelnosh have fled. And I've got a few things to ask His Highness as well...

Anthony notices Markus put down the body of the mage. He puts his bow back in his quiver. "You need any help with that?"

Spot: [roll0]

Lothmar
2010-08-31, 02:05 PM
"No no, I should be fine." Markus adds waving akwardly with one hand as he catches the body that slipped slightly because he bothered to wave-respond.

TheAmishPirate
2010-08-31, 03:12 PM
Anthony gives a small shrug. "Well, alright then. Shouldn't be too much farther anyhow."

Cardea
2010-09-01, 11:54 PM
Everyone excluding DA and DMoD
You walk further along in the High Palace grounds, and eventually you come across what looks like a Commander of sorts leading a squadron on patrol around the grounds. He's very tall and strong of build in appearance, and his Helmet marks him as a Veteran from the marks and dents made along the helm. Upon looking at the corpse, and hearing what Markus says, he crouches down to the body. "You get his book and item of power?"

Lothmar
2010-09-03, 10:03 AM
"Uncertain... The book is in the elves possession, everything else I simply kept on his person." Markus adds not knowing what the 'item of power' could be.

Cardea
2010-09-05, 09:51 PM
Everyone but DA and DMoD
The man shakes his head, and looks at Markus. "No, see, these guys? Always got something to help fuel the control over the mind in some cases, or to just help fuel their powers, if they were already loyal. Its a crystal or a mask or a skull or somethin', typically."

sciencepanda
2010-09-05, 10:01 PM
"Should I be asking how exactly you know so much about them?" Interjects Wilbur.

Lothmar
2010-09-05, 11:00 PM
I dont think anyone specifically said they took the mask, if not I said I carried the mage and his things - so I figure I would have probably just picked up the mask and tucked it in his belt/robes or something. Thus why I said "The book is in the elves possession, everything else I simply kept on his person."

Anyway, its time for bed and im too lazy to go back and look for now.
I'll take a ten on searching his person.

"Hmm..." Markus mutters thinking that sounded familiar as he tries to remember where he may have put it. "Well he was wearing a mask," He mutters while grumbling about where he could have put it.

Cardea
2010-09-05, 11:41 PM
Hint. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9071296&postcount=124)

ZombyWoof
2010-09-06, 06:58 AM
Soraya steps forward and shows the mask. I took it into my possession in accordance with his dying wish. It is my preference, of course, that his wish be fulfilled, but if you have solid reason for me to relinquish this mask to you then I will gladly do so.

I can't remember if I got a book from him or not... I do remember taking that mask. Is this the book that our half-dragon ran off with?

Fable Wright
2010-09-06, 07:33 AM
The book that the high mage asked for- it's mine.

The spellbook of the wizard- that's yours.

TheAmishPirate
2010-09-08, 11:11 AM
Anthony stepped in. "To answer the question, yes we got his book and power item, sir. We're trying to find his Majesty, as the dwarf here says he summoned all of us."

Cardea
2010-09-14, 10:01 AM
To all but DMoD and DA
"I've been fighting these things since I was a pup, dwarf." The man says, a face of amusement plainly showing. "And I'll be fighting them until I die, which might very well be today, by the sounds of the fight going on." He turns to Anthony, and sighs in relief. "Okay, thats good. Keep it. If you're Wilbur's group, like I'm pretty sure you are, you need to head off to the High Palace-" He points to the large building. "Right away."

ZombyWoof
No. Different book, as DMoD said.

sciencepanda
2010-09-14, 02:19 PM
With a snort of indifference, Wilbur begins making his way up the tall building.

TheAmishPirate
2010-09-14, 03:24 PM
Anthony thanks the man respectfully and follows after Wilbur.

Lothmar
2010-09-14, 10:14 PM
"Shame; I'd hoped he would have been more helpful." Markus adds taking a knee and seeing to the bodies final details as he makes sure the eyes are closed and his arms are crossed. "Im sorry to be a burden, but could you have someone handle this from here?" He adds in reference to the body knowing that he should go, but doesn't wish to simply leave his opponent on the ground without even an attempt at a service.

If he feels or is assured that the body will be handled with respect, he will perform a quarter bow and thank the commander before rejoining his associates. If he's told they are to busy or feel's they will handle the corpse in poor taste since it is an enemy, he'll inquire where they're sending their casualties and will take the body there to perform a hasty service, a cremation with what little firewood and lamp oil he has remaining if necessary.

Cardea
2010-09-19, 08:55 PM
Everyone but DMoD
The four of you make your way to the building, large and magnificent in both size and design, and walk through already open doors. You find yourselves in a large chamber, rectangular in size. On both sides of the room are doorways leading off to, what you assume, are smaller rooms. Pillars stand at set intervals in the room, stretching far, far back. The far, far wall has large windows and openings, looking out onto the city, and right before that is a large throne on a pedestal, rising ten feet off the ground. In the middle of the room, however, is a large table, with small statues and figurines, representing what looks like Baelnosh, and the armies surrounding it. Around the table stands half a dozen men with magical auras glowing off of them, and a man in large armor, directing them with instructions on plans of attack.

OOC
If you do not have any more interest in this campaign, please say so now.
Doctor Acula has dropped out due to lack of his continued interest.
I'll leave it to you to vote whether or not to get a replacement for him, or to continue this PbP.

sciencepanda
2010-09-19, 09:00 PM
Wilbur lumbers his way into the view of the figures.

"'Ey!" he shouts, "Would you happen to mind telling us just why in the nine flippin' hells you called us here?!"

Lothmar
2010-09-19, 09:29 PM
Markus tries to suppress a soughed laugh at Wilbur's lack of etiquette in this situation and lowers his head so his face is less obvious that he is trying to suppress a slight bit of laughter. "Now, now, lets not be rude to the war council - they're busy, im sure someone will see to us in time." He adds trying to calm the dwarf at his side.

After a few seconds Markus feels better and straightens his face as he takes a knee, resting his elbow on said knee and holding his arm across his chest with a slightly bowed head. "The Audience is appreciated, hopefully we can be less formal considering the severity of the situation."

'That and the fact that I don't know all of this kingdoms customs very well...'

"So, how can we be of service?"

TheAmishPirate
2010-09-24, 09:59 AM
Anthony stands at attention, wincing at his companion's...lack of discipline.

Cardea
2010-10-02, 02:35 PM
Everyone but DMoD
The man in the armor turns from the others, waving off one of them about to say something in protest. He looks at all of you, doing a once over of each of you individually. He cracks a smile at Wilbur's manner, and sighs. "Hello. I am Bael' Norrock, ruler of Baelnosh. You are the guard that was sent for me? You seem to be... two short."

[[Everyone roll a Spot Check.]]

Lothmar
2010-10-03, 02:38 AM
Markus gives a respectful nod when Bael introduces himself. "That is, uncertain?" Markus adds as if unsure of how to word the response to this statement like question of them being the guards that were sent for him.

"I would certainly consider such a position so as to not cause strife between our people, but im certain at least I was never asked to perform such duties... Or do you mean we were selected by whoever created this apparatus?" He asks inquiring about the tracking system Wilbur was entrusted with, making certain this king understands he is no subject of his but will respect his authority in his lands.

Unfortunately Markus had no idea how many they were truly supposed to have in their company and did not fully understand the current situation, so was not about to address the missing members issue as of yet.
Spot[roll0]

TheAmishPirate
2010-10-05, 03:40 PM
Anthony bows respectfully. "It is an honor sir. I am...". He pauses, struggling to find the proper word. "...confused as well. The dwarf only mentioned you summoning us." He glances to the side to glare at Wilbur. "As for missing people, I'm sure the dwarf could explain."

[roll0]

Cardea
2010-10-08, 08:48 PM
[[For those of you who got above a 15, you notice Shamenakar flying towards the palace. He looks mildly injured.]]

"There was to be a... man of Draconic appearance amongst you, a being known as Shamenakar. And another man, a Tiefling, known as Baal. Do you know where the two of them are?"The man says, the effort of remembering showing on his face.

Lothmar
2010-10-08, 09:25 PM
"Well, I assume your archers shall soon know where this, Shamenaker(?) is..." Markus adds with a slight clearing of his throat as he gestures with his eyes.

Fable Wright
2010-10-08, 10:05 PM
Seeing the assembly at the palace, Shamenakar glides down towards them, descending in a slow spiral until he alights just behind the party. Having heard the conversation about Baal in the air, he grimaces, and says, Baal is dead. He was torn apart by a dragon-like beast. He... took a massive blow to the shoulder, and then he was down. After this, I managed to kill the beast, but it was too late. Baal died protecting another, as a paladin should. He raises his head in a silent, meaningful gesture of thanks, and then once again returns his focus to the concentration. He died a good death. These opponents are not to be underestimated. We need to work together if we want to stop them. I don't know about you, but I have a hunch that they will only be getting stronger after this. The creature I saw was just hatched from an... egg sac, and it came in several parts. They would mix together, and kept on forming more powerful forms. The longer this "blue dawn" lasts, the enemy will have more time to hatch eggs, making new recruits, and already potent warriors much stronger. Much as I would just like to ignore this battle, and survive elsewhere, this is going to be too big to do so. I may be able to avoid the Platinum Church, but this is going to be much harder to avoid. And one day, they may be unstoppable. The best thing we can do is nip this in the bud. Do you, as of now, have a plan to stop this?

TheAmishPirate
2010-10-13, 11:08 AM
After Shamenakar finishes, Anthony turns to speak to Bael. He seems completely unfazed by the news of Baal's death. "It looks like everyone's here who will be here, sir. I'd also like to know what you had in mind for us."

Cardea
2010-10-14, 12:25 PM
The man sighs, and looks like he is about to scream for a moment, before regaining composure. He looks at Shamenakar, and then turns to the rest of the group. "It's... a shame we have lost him. But right now, we need to focus on evacuating the city. A ship is supposed to come in in a few moments, by air." He sighs in heavily, before turning back to the mages. "If you want to, you can leave on the ship when it arrives. Perhaps try and find a way to kill them off this time. Or you can stay here, and try and stave them off before they grow too much in power. Choice is yours."

TheAmishPirate
2010-10-14, 02:46 PM
Anthony thinks for a moment before giving a response. "Sir, I speak for myself here, but one of those things nearly killed us and I'd be dead if things had gone a mite different. I'd be for leaving and finding out what the devil is going on." As he talks, his tone slips a few times and he drops out of formal words. It's clear Anthony is controlling his speech to the best of his ability. "There is one more thing I must know before we leave. My wife and son are missing, and I've got reason enough to believe they are still alive. If they are, they'd likely be wherever the other refugees are. I know you're busy runnin' a city under attack, but I have to find them."

Fable Wright
2010-10-14, 04:36 PM
I vote for leaving the city. Although we can't run from this threat, we might be able to gather more information on the opponent. Forewarned is forearmed, and we cannot have too many weapons against this foe.

And, he adds to himself, I might be able to find the other 'Stolen one'...

Lothmar
2010-10-20, 05:10 PM
"I would stand and see to the safe evacuation of as many as I could, but I ask - Must we all choose the same?" Marcus asks wanting to make certain that if everyone else wanted to leave now that they wouldnt be kept from leaving if he choose to say and see to the saftey of as many people as he could.

Cardea
2010-10-25, 07:19 AM
The King takes in your considerations, and sighs heavily. "Anthony, was it? All evacuees are waiting in the ampitheater below us. If you think you can find them, go down there and look, otherwise the ship is arriving soon." He turns to Marcus, and looks quizzical. "Why would you want to split up?"

TheAmishPirate
2010-10-25, 01:22 PM
"Thank you sir." Anthony bows one last time and heads for the ampitheater.

Lothmar
2010-10-25, 08:02 PM
"I believe it is slightly stranger to suddenly expect a group of individuals with no tie's to one another to suddenly be expected to be of similar mind and goal in this situation... But I would not fight alongside the unwilling, so if my staying to protect as many people as possible mean's that the others in this collective could not escape and would therefore be placed in immediate mortal peril then I will go." He adds as his eye's close slowly in contemplation of his decision.

Cardea
2010-11-09, 09:25 PM
Please report. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9732584)