PDA

View Full Version : Envy the Dead

Xsesiv
2010-07-25, 01:42 PM
Life used to be easy. Complaints were tiny, huge as they may have seemed at the time, but you can realise now that you had it made. Food, hot, running water, even entertainment - all at your beck and call.

It's not been long since the zombies came, but you are already feeling the pinch. These aren't your classic weak, clumsy shamblers; they are strong as oxen, able to use clubs and weapons, open doors and windows, their senses are as keen as a human's, they are capable of uncanny bursts of speed and worst of all nigh-unstoppable.

Of course, people went insane when they broke out. Widespread looting and vandalism crossed the land, people murdered each other over resources or settled scores in the confusion - they needn't have bothered, when so few of the zombies were about. Their actions made everything much, much worse. Zombies stroll around the streets, infected through confusion; the people afflicted were those trapped or trampled during looting sprees, the slow, the stupid and those who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then, their numbers increased exponentially, and they soon outnumbered the survivors.

It's three months on. Luckily, the electricity, water and gas mains can run unmanned for some time, so once you had holed up nicely in this big house just on the outskirts of Norcrest and filled the baths with water, you were able to live with some semblance of normality, besides the fact that you could not safely go outside.

After some time, though, it was inevitable that the water and power supplies would shut off - which they did, a while ago - and that the water you had in the baths would soon after run out - which it is about to do - so, as it seems, you are going to have to move somewhere where there is a quantity of drinkable natural water. There is still a certain amount of food in the house, but what with it being summer as well as the number of people left, it doesn't look like the water will last long.

rollelectric
2010-07-25, 02:18 PM
Frank

About how much water do we have left? Frank inquired directly. He was not going to avoid the problem, they were going to have to deal with collectively and with cool heads. He was also starting to feel the tension rise as the food and water ran out.

We should start preparing to leave this hellhole of a house. He looked around the house and rather not think of how much worse it would be outside the boarded up windows and doors.

Kensington
2010-07-25, 02:46 PM
"Leave? Are you crazy? We have two children with us!" Nathan exclaimed, from his seat nearby. Shiloh was in his lap sleeping- not like there was much else to do trapped in this house. The fear was already welling up in his throat, not only for himself but for the fact they would probably lose someone in the escape, and it probably wouldn't be the ex-spy or the heavy metal guy.

Nathan ran a hand down his face to rub his several weeks of untrimmed scruff. "We have no place in mind, no way to get there, and no way of knowing if there is better than here.."

Xsesiv
2010-07-25, 03:04 PM
About how much water do we have left?

"Not quite enough for a day," says Sigurd, running his hand through the long hair on half his head, "But if we factor in evaporation - it's getting hotter by the day - probably quite a bit less."

"Leave? Are you crazy? We have two children with us! [...] We have no place in mind, no way to get there, and no way of knowing if there is better than here..."

"Wherever we go, it's better than watching your body dry out by the day, unless you want to start drinking your own urine, and the blood of the weaker ones," says Ironblood from the corner, grinning as he picks scales on his guitar.

cantdrawatall
2010-07-25, 06:57 PM
Leave? But those things are always out there. We'd have to fight our way out. You've seen them just as I have.

Shaking in his fear, he tried to cover the it with logic, safe cold logic.

Alright, we'd need a place to go. A way to get there. And all the supplies we'd need to get there. Does anybody know if there is a river nearby, one that's relatively clean, that we could draw water from. Someplace near it that we can fortify, like a cave, or a sturdy house. Does anybody see car or two, or better yet a truck, that we could hot-wire? Then, we'd need to pack up all the food... Are we sure we have to leave? He failed to cover the fear... He was safe here, he was making good friends with everyone, and any day now the Army or something was going to rescue them and he could go back home, back where none of this was happening at all.

He went over to a window, and spied out between a crack between the boards, looking for some kind of vehicle that didn't looked wrecked.

Simple Perception Check [roll0]

littlebottom
2010-07-26, 08:46 AM
"i told you guys we should of been pissing in the baths, atleast it would of lasted alot longer, and it wouldnt of tasted too bad, it would of been watered down wouldnt it?" Jimmy smiles.

"anyway, thats not the issue anymore. as i see it, weve got two options. one. we can go out to find a source of water locally and bring as much back as possible. or two, we go and hole up somewhere we can keep a much larger quantity of water." Jimmy simply sits in the corner as he says this, sharpening his blade. He doesnt even look up as he says it, if he didnt reply, you would of thought he was either deaf or ignoring you.

"heh, i wonder how snake eyes and the others are doing back in the prison, makes you wonder since its so secure there, if they got left there to die, or are surviving in the safest place around." Jimmy mumbles to himself

efski
2010-07-26, 10:09 AM
Steve was lying flat on the floor while others were discussing the matter of survival. The young DJ recently came to a conclusion that the best way to save off energy (and supplies) was to lay down and meditate - if there was nothing else to do in order to keep everybody safe. But the group was beginning to worry about the present situation and tried to come up with a solution. This made Steve stand up and wait for his turn.

In my opinion, moving out of here is a necessity. I'm not saying we need to leave this house and never come back but a short voyage to find more supplies and fresh water is really what we should focus on right now, especially if there's children with us.

That last remark was directed at Nathan, who's concern about his young girl was more than obvious.

If you don't want to go anywhere, you can stay here, take care of children and wait until we come back. If I remember correctly, we are in pocession of three cars, two sedans and a mini. How is the status of their gas tanks? Frank, Sigurd, Luca?

Preceding their reply, Steve quickly added one more suggestion.

We could split ourselves into teams and set off to gather supplies and maybe (if there's enough time before dusk) find a better shelter. What do you say?

That last question was incquired indirectly to the whole group or at least those listening.

rollelectric
2010-07-26, 01:00 PM
The mention of the children caused Frank to look up. He quickly brought his gaze back to the front door and spoke again. He ignored Jimmy's comment about urinating in the water and responded in general.

I think if we plan to stay here, we have to find a ton of water and food elsewhere. Then we could bring it back...but, I think we need to know a lot more about the area before we can go ahead with any plan. We need to find a good source of food and water. I would like to if at all possible know where we are going before we start running through herds of hungry dead people.

In response to Steve's question Frank thought about his ancient sedan. The paint was chipping in many places and thanks to some teenagers it was covered with dents and a missing side-view mirror. But, it ran.

My car should be okay, but I haven't started since we got here. It isn't exactly in top shape. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't start.

Kensington
2010-07-26, 01:18 PM
Nathan perked up at the suggestions of protecting the safety of his children, and was glad at least some of them agreed to put them first. "I'd be willing to go, if its just a scouting run." The man was obviously afraid, rubbing his arm protectively. A sharp whisper of 'Daddy, no don't' was heard from his lap.

"Where exactly are these cars, can we get to them without drawing much... unwanted attention?" He stroked his growing scruff again, contemplating. "A scouting run is a good idea but those of us that go should also look for a better place to stay and how we can get there quickly when its all of us. I know I'm worried about my daughter, but we can't just stay here."

"Maybe we could find a plane or something, the whole world probably isn't like this." Shiloh piped in.

cantdrawatall
2010-07-26, 06:20 PM
"Scouting? I might be able to find bits to build a shortwave transmitter, see if there is anyone else out there," he thought to himself.

Simple Willpower test to overcome Coward [roll0]

But his fear overcame him, I'll stay here, If you see any radio equipment or fresh batteries, grab them. We'll need them to feed the flashlights and I might be able to set up some kind of radio communication.

Lt. Tibbles
2010-07-27, 01:59 AM
Patrick fiddled with his multi-tool absentmindedly listening to the group argue about what they should do, finally he spoke up.
"Well our options aren't exactly pleasant but dying of dehydration isn't really appealing let's send a scouting party out and see if we can find someplace better, or at least some more food and water. I know there is a river flows to the south we could make our way out there...or we can venture into the city and hope that everything hasn't been looted or destroyed."
He knew that the second option could be considered a suicide mission but it wasn't like they had a choice, supplies weren't going to start falling out of the sky afterall.
I'll volunteer to go, anyone else willing to come?

efski
2010-07-27, 06:26 AM
Following Patrick's suggestion, Steve quickly replied.

Are you aware of any houses by that river? If so, then we could easily move our whole group there, since we would have a constant source of fresh water. Plus we would have to move our supplies there.

Alluding to the remarks made by Jack, he queried:

You could set up a radio communication? Then you definitely need to come with us to the city and look for any helpful equipment. I don't think we would be any better in finding it, since you're the expert here.

After a short process of thinking and connecting facts, he finalised his speech.

OK. Here's my proposition and I think we should settle whether you agree with this or not. We are a group large enough to divide ourselves into two teams: one of them needs to travel down south and look for that river and maybe any shelter close to it; the other one will go to the city in order to look for supplies and hopefully any parts to make a radio with. I'd be willing to go to the city.

Grabbing his baseball bat and putting on his backpack with the first aid kit inside, he waited for a reply.

littlebottom
2010-07-27, 09:20 AM
"theres no point going to the river if your intentions are for water. unless we can find the source of the river and we can garentee that it isnt infected. since the river could have some zombie body lying in it a mile or 2 upstream, making all the water undrinkable unless we want to be infected. we dont know the extent of how this can spread, so we have to play it safe."

cantdrawatall
2010-07-27, 10:21 AM
Me? Go with you to the city?

[roll0] (stupid Cowardice, drag him along if you want. He needs some excitement. )

I don't think I should. I'd just slow you all down if something bad happened. Besides, someone has to stay here and man the fort, so to speak. Just bring back any radios or microphones or speakers you can find.

efski
2010-07-27, 02:39 PM
"theres no point going to the river if your intentions are for water. unless we can find the source of the river and we can garentee that it isnt infected. since the river could have some zombie body lying in it a mile or 2 upstream, making all the water undrinkable unless we want to be infected. we dont know the extent of how this can spread, so we have to play it safe."

Then where else do you think we can find fresh water? There is definitely a point in going there. I agree, we should find its source by walking UP the river until we reach it, don't you think so?

I don't think I should. I'd just slow you all down if something bad happened. Besides, someone has to stay here and man the fort, so to speak. Just bring back any radios or microphones or speakers you can find.

Jack, if you don't want to come along, no one is making you. So you're saying radios or speakers would be good enough? I'll try to look for some, while we're in the city.

Come on people, make up your minds. Are we going anywhere or not?

Kensington
2010-07-27, 02:55 PM
"Of course we are- but we are coming back here, right?" Nathan asked, moving his daughter off his lap and standing, to make sure the plan still suited him. "I'll join the water seeking team, if no one has any objections. Its an important mission.. I really don't think its a good idea to go into the city. But it might be a necessary one. I wish you guys God-Speed, and good luck to us all." He fidgeted a little and rubbed his arm.

"I haven't had a cigarette in five years, but I sure wish I had one now." He mumbled to himself.

rollelectric
2010-07-27, 02:59 PM
The city? Wouldn't that be a bit crowded? I'm okay with going out and about, but I'd be more okay with doing so with better defense. All I really been using to kill...or re-kill these things is the back of my hammer. Oh and a lot of running.

Frank thought to himself. He was getting over anxious, he needed to get the hell out of the house. He was aching to get out and do anything but sit around and wait.

I'd be down with going to the city for some weapons, as well as food. Whatever we can find really.

Frank always wanted to learn how to use a gun, or perhaps a sword. Then another thought occurred to him.

Also, we should be careful of anyone out there, dead or alive. Our group is large enough as is.

Xsesiv
2010-07-27, 04:18 PM
Sigurd draws out his katana. "I'm going to go with the water team. They need more people with them, and I will get to make sure some of the dead remain dead, as they should be."

Luca's stomach rumbles and he speaks up in his rumbling voice. "Water's not so bad. For me, I mean. I'm going to head into town and get some food. Otherwise, my health will go a bit downhill. Everyone will."

"I'm off to get water, too," says Sam. "We can survive a lot longer without food than without water. Sophie, you stay here."

"Why, because I can't handle myself properly?" she says, indignant.

"Yes, that's exactly why."

"I'm stayin' here," says Ironblood, still picking scales. "We need at least one sane person here. I wouldn't put it past Jack to be climbin' the walls if a spider came into the room."

littlebottom
2010-07-27, 04:53 PM
"i dont think its too clever splitting up. thining an already thin group, ok, we have kids to protect, but what your proposing isnt just splitting into 2 groups, but 3. now, im sorry, but the smaller the group, the less eyes we have, and the more chance of failure and death, i for one would like to have the best odds possible."

Lt. Tibbles
2010-07-27, 08:23 PM
"We don't have much of a choice, the kids will slow us down and we need food and water before things become even more desperate, and if we move in too big of a group things will be just as dangerous."

Patrick sighed This arguing is getting us nowhere and in the end we'll still be hungry and thirsty.

He rubbed his chin feeling the stubble that was setting in. "Alright, how about we put it to a vote those that think we should scout out and look for supplies raise your hand." By the time he finished speaking his hand was already in the air, as he looked at the rest of the group, expecting their response.

cantdrawatall
2010-07-27, 08:24 PM
"I'm stayin' here," says Ironblood, still picking scales. "We need at least one sane person here. I wouldn't put it past Jack to be climbin' the walls if a spider came into the room."

Hey! I'm not afraid for nothing, okay? You've seen how I get when I confront those Zombies. The last thing theyd need is me panicking out there. At least here I can help defend. After all, he thought, there is no place to run to from here.

When the vote was called, Jack raised his hand. I agree, we have no choice. There will still be three to four in each group, and that should be just right for this kind of thing. Not too many to get bogged down, but enough to still have good odds. Am I right?

rollelectric
2010-07-27, 09:04 PM
Frank raises his hand. The scouting group should realistically be only one or two people. Two heavily armed people, but a big group will move too slow. Bringing back supplies, however, will require a good number of men.

efski
2010-07-28, 06:09 AM
Overhearing Nathan's remark about cigarettes, Steve thought to himself about his own little addiction. That was one of the reasons he wanted to go to the city and find anything, that could serve as a relaxant in this extreme situation. Also, finding any type of electrical source would be a heaven-sent, since he would finally be able to recharge his laptop (which he put in his backpack, alongside the first aid kit) and listen to his music during those lonely and hopeless nights.

Noticing people starting to raise hands, Steve quickly interrupted the process.

What's the point of voting? We already made a decision. Come on people, let's get ourselves prepared and get inside those cars. We should be back in this house before it gets too dark.

littlebottom
2010-07-28, 06:59 AM
"this is stupid, but since it seems your all set on it, ill go with you. since not having me with you will reduce your chances further... ill go wherever you want me." Jimmy stands up, lifting his freshly sharpened sword. he takes a hair and runs it across the blade, to check for sharpness.

regardless of the result, he will walk across the room and stop "lets get going then. before it gets too dark."

rollelectric
2010-07-28, 11:02 AM
Frank followed Jimmy and Steve on their way out. He wielded his car keys. Thinking about his ten year old sedan, he let himself grin. The old piece of metal had gotten him this far, he knew it wouldn't fail him now.

I'll drive. Who knows the city? You can join us three and navigate. Any volunteers?

Kensington
2010-07-28, 02:14 PM
"It'll be nice having you guys along." Nathan said, smirking a bit. "Whose car are we taking? I sure didn't bring one. Wait- hold on a second." He added, walking over to his daughter and leaning down to put his hand on her shoulder. "Honey, I'm going out-"

"I know!" She almost screeched, angry at him for leaving her.

"I'll be back, okay? Don't worry. You be a nice little girl for Mr. Ironblood, alright? Promise me?"

"I promise, Daddy." She sniffled and hugged herself.

Nathan nodded and stood up, walking over to Ironblood and shaking his hand. "Thanks for looking after them." He told the man, before leaning in. "And if I don't come back, make sure she stays safe, alright pal?" He whispered, glancing over at Shiloh one more time before going to rejoin his water scouting party. "So, whose driving?"

cantdrawatall
2010-07-28, 03:29 PM
Jack went over to where he kept his things. He shifted his carry on bag, always packed and at the ready, and picked up his cricket bat.

Coming back into the main room, And you also have a good old Uncle Jack to look out for you. Your daddy will be fine. He will be back before you even notice.

Xsesiv
2010-07-28, 04:01 PM
Luckily, no zombies seem to be in the immediate vicinity, but presumably further into the city, there will be more of everything.

I'll drive. Who knows the city? You can join us three and navigate. Any volunteers?

Jimmy, Steve and Luca get into Frank's car.

"I know my way. About the city," says Luca, before getting into the back seat.

"Thanks for looking after them." He told the man, before leaning in. "And if I don't come back, make sure she stays safe, alright pal?"

Ironblood shakes Nathan's hand, his left hand still fingering notes on the guitar's fretboard. "Hah, most of the time people are draggin' their children away from me, thinkin' I'm some kind of murderin' rapist. Don't worry, man, the kid'll be safe. I'll slaughter anythin' that tries to get into the house."

Sophie rolls her eyes and heads upstairs for no apparent reason.

"So, who's driving?"

"I'll do it," says Sigurd, climbing into his car. "Hold that, someone," and he passes his scabbarded katana into the back seat. Sam shoves his briefcase into the boot before getting into the front seat.

rollelectric
2010-07-28, 04:36 PM
Frank climbs into his car and turns the key in the ignition saying a silent prayer as he does so. He turns to Luca.

This car has not failed me yet, let's see how it handles running over the dead. Can't believe there are none around here to tell ya the truth.

Frank turns to Luca before setting off.

Okay Luca, where to? We need food and water first. And guns and other large killing devices secondly.

Then he presses down on the gas and begins his drive to the city. Following the road as far as it takes them.

Xsesiv
2010-07-28, 05:40 PM
"Food? I'd say the supermarkets. If I wasn't so sure they'd been raided already. Warehouses, maybe. Same for the police station. For guns, I mean. That's pretty much the only place you can find them. And Army barracks, but there's none of them for miles. They'd be hard to get into. If there were any nearby. They still would be, but there aren't.

The second the car is out of this street, a few zombies are visible staggering up and down the road. One of them, the half-rotted corpse of a tall, bald man with a bite mark in his neck, is halfway across the road, and as the battered sedan approaches, it leaps at the car like a shot. It smashes against the windscreen of the car with ridiculous force, flattening its foul, rotting face against the glass, so that you can briefly see the pus oozing from its eyes and nose, and the ropes of drool hanging from its mouth. The fluids smear onto the windscreen horribly.

Luckily, the bonnet of the car slowed the bullrush enough that the glass doesn't break, and the zombie, despite visible efforts to stay attached to the car, rolls over the roof to land in a crumpled heap behind the sedan - such was the force of its charge. A few seconds later, it forces itself to its feet and begins staggering after the car. This would be bad enough if there weren't two more ahead to deal with.

rollelectric
2010-07-29, 10:38 AM
Swearing, as he drives through the creature and watching it walk after the car in the rearview mirror. Frank begins to worry that this mission is going to be far more difficult then he had anticipated.

I don't know if this car can take too many of those things charging at it like rhinos. Let's do our best to avoid them.

Frank takes care to attempt to evade any creatures on the road. He beings to speak to Luca again.

Are you sure we aren't the only group daft enough to raid a supermarket in the middle of Norcester? I suppose we will wanna check that first, you know if we can avoid dying.

Xsesiv
2010-07-29, 12:23 PM
"Well, we can only try. There's not much farming. In Norcrest. Maybe a little further out. In Norcester. We'll have to find some kind of store of food. Hold on." As a zombie on the left leaps for the car, Luca, not wanting to let it leap into his open window, leans out of the window and swings the crowbar at its head.

[roll0]
Damage [roll]d8x7[roll] not that it matters

The zombie, this one of a middle-aged woman in a dressing gown, grabs the crowbar, almost yanking it out of Luca's hands, then the inside of the window frame, and is towed along behind the car. It was lucky Luca didn't swing even worse, or he could easily have fallen out. As it is, you are dragging a zombie along from the passenger side window, and her gnawed stumps of fingers bat against the backseat window, until you are sure it is going to break.

littlebottom
2010-07-29, 06:14 PM
"hand me that crowbar for a moment." Jimmy will take it, lean out the window and attempt to smash the zombie to get it to let go.

rollelectric
2010-07-29, 09:02 PM
Come on Luca, close the goddamn window! Jimmy you get it yet?

Frank yells as he continues to keep his eye on the road. The last thing he needed was to lose another one to these damn things.

efski
2010-07-30, 06:03 PM
Sitting in the front seat and watching the struggle in both schock and amazement (his bat seeming a bit useless), Steve waits for Luca to close the car window before the zombie does any more damage to the car...

Xsesiv
2010-07-31, 06:41 AM
Not even bothered by the smash on the head, the zombie drags itself even further towards the car, all the while having its feet abraded by the tarmac of the road. It reaches in and grabs Luca by the arm, trying to get its mouth to the arm. Luca does manage to pull away, but the zombie is still dangling half in and half out of the window.

efski
2010-07-31, 06:25 PM
Witnessing the whole scene unfold, and being close enough to the driver, Steve quickly decides to pull the steering-wheel far enough to make a violent turn then instantly push it back to the original position, hoping the zombie isn't strong enough to hold on...

Xsesiv
2010-08-01, 11:28 AM
City team
This would have been a perfect plan if Steve had executed it properly. Instead, he manages to swing the weight of the zombie further into the window and across Luca's lap, where it bangs its head against his knee. Panicking, Luca lifts it by the stomach and tries to force it back out of the window.

Luca [roll0]
Zombie[roll1]

With supreme effort, Luca forces the zombie back out of the window, managing to avoid its gnashing teeth in the process. The zombie bounces away back down the road, then landing in a heap, gets back up and pursues the car.

You manage to get off this zombie-infested road and into the city. Zombies abound, and frequently attempt to attack the car, but the windows now being up and the car moving at some speed, fail to cause anyone much damage. Ahead of you is a multi-storey carpark on the right, a supermarket, a bank and the road into the city centre straight ahead, and a bus depot on the left.

River team
After a while's driving, you come across a road out of the suburbs and hopefully into the countryside and rivers. Ahead is a farmhouse on a steep hill to the left; on the right is a large field of untended and rotting bolted cabbages, unoccupied save for an old-looking zombie in a leather jacket, which moans incoherently; straight ahead are a few old-fashioned, thatched houses, maybe the start of a small town. On the road itself is an unpleasant-looking zombie, a scrawny, spotty young male, missing one of his jug ears, wearing a baseball cap, polo shirt and tracksuit trousers. In one hand it carries a coffee mug which it brandishes, in the other a piece of pipe with which it periodically bangs the road. It spots the car and begins to make its way towards it. Sigurd, grinning maniacally, moves to flatten it with the car.

House team
A tall, bald, half-rotten zombie can now be seen shambling down the street with a pronounced limp. It seems to be making a bee-line for the house.

Shiloh goes crazy, screaming for her father, while Ironblood prepares his knife in case it comes to combat. Sophie has not returned from upstairs.

rollelectric
2010-08-01, 12:02 PM
I'm sorry I didn't make this clear when we left the house. Do not grab the wheel and swerve the car while I'm driving through a herd of zombies and one is hanging out the window. And windows closed. Let's go get some food and get the hell out of here.

He does not turn around, but, instead, Frank drives the car into the supermarket parking lot and slows in front of the store allowing them to survey the situation.

Let's do this.

Xsesiv
2010-08-01, 01:12 PM
City teamThe supermarket has a good number of people inside milling about aimlessly. More zombies. A hefty minority of them are dressed in clothes made of leather and denim, carrying various improvised weapons; apparently survivors come to seek supplies after the rise, like yourselves.

As you watch, the back-room exit door crashes open and a number of people rush out, clutching packages of food to their chests and pursued by zombies. One of the last of them is grabbed from behind by a zombie who drags him to the floor and bites into his shoulder. A scream pierces the air as the other two zombies also catch up to him and make bites. They do not chew the flesh they tear away, but appear to be sucking from where they made the bite-holes.

The man's companions drop their food to the floor and begin to lay about the zombies with a large plank, a pickaxe handle and what appears to be a morning star made from several electrical plugs tied together. The zombies seem to be more angered than affected, and one of them, a man in a cardigan, rugby-tackles the man with the plank and bites into him, too, while the rest continue to suck blood from the first man.

Lt. Tibbles
2010-08-01, 05:02 PM
Patrick pats Sigurd on the shoulder and leans back in his seat, "Make sure it stays down."

littlebottom
2010-08-01, 06:21 PM
"looks like right now isnt the best time to check the supermarket, someones just angered them. we should go somewhere else for now and maybe check it on the way back."

rollelectric
2010-08-01, 07:58 PM
Jimmy seemed to Frank as one of the saner people he had encountered so far. One he agreed with without question. The supermarket was crawling with danger, alive and dead.

Suppose we should head for the police station? You okay there Luca? We need you to show us the way, quickly.

He pats Luca on the back. Frank was worried that the incident on the road may have disturbed him. It certainly was a close encounter.

Xsesiv
2010-08-01, 09:11 PM
City team
"Alright. It's not my best idea, though. If they have guns, we'll still have to fight to get in there as well, even if they don't."

River team
Sigurd floors the accelerator and runs over the zombie so that it flies overhead and bangs against the road. Sigurd then throws the car into reverse and goes over it again, before getting out and preparing to slice its head off with his katana - amazingly, it sits up again before he can. Sigurd swings the katana, lopping off its head, but it blindly swings its arms like clubs at him. These are easy to dodge, but an unpleasant sight and a disturbance to any future attacks. He gets back into the car and drives over it again, then carries on - in the mirror you can still see it twitching.

rollelectric
2010-08-02, 10:46 AM
Is there anywhere around that we can go to avoid these things? You know anywhere we can pick up some food or anything really?

Frank made his way from the supermarket and followed Luca's instructions wearily.

littlebottom
2010-08-02, 04:00 PM
Jimmy gets slightly annoyed "yeah, guns are good and all, but we need water, and food. not likely to find that at the police station."

"step on it then, i wanna get this over with."

rollelectric
2010-08-02, 04:12 PM
I agree, but the way I see it we need something more than what we have to get in and out of the supermarket alive. Unless we can find food somewhere else, it looks like its gonna be a fight to get it.

Frank has been driving as fast as he could and not stopping for anything. A car seems to be a hard to find commodity in this day and age and he fears others will have their eye on it.

cantdrawatall
2010-08-02, 06:47 PM
A tall, bald, half-rotten zombie can now be seen shambling down the street with a pronounced limp. It seems to be making a bee-line for the house.

Shiloh goes crazy, screaming for her father, while Ironblood prepares his knife in case it comes to combat. Sophie has not returned from upstairs.

Shiloh, Shhhh! Shhhh. Your Daddy is out getting us food and water. Right now I need your help, we are going to go upstairs, find Sophie, and get you two hidden. Alright? I need you to be strong for me. Okay? Whatever her response, Jack is going to take her upstairs and find Sophie. Sophie!

efski
2010-08-03, 06:16 PM
Steve felt a bit embarassed about his failed attempt to help Luca and didn't even try to explain himself after Frank had told him to keep away from the wheel. Right now, their target was the police station.

Let's try to find as much arms and ammo as possible, so we can bring the surplus back to the shelter.

Xsesiv
2010-08-03, 06:35 PM
City team

Turning over to Patrick, who seemed a bit quiet now, Goodman asked him:"How can you hear me when you are with the other scouting party?"

:smalltongue:

Soon afterwards, you reach the police station. The front door is firmly locked, though the station garage is not; presumably the police were out on duty when they got hit. A few zombies mill about on the street outside, and of course they walk towards the movement.

River team
The river is now visible as a discouragingly brown strip in the distance over several fields and quite a number of zombies.

At the house
The zombie has reached the door now, and begins beating at it. You can see its rotting face through the window, while Shiloh whimpers from upstairs, where Sophie was found drawing on her bed. Ironblood, seeing the zombie take hold of the door-handle, grabs the handle on the other side himself, stopping the zombie turning it. His normally brash voice becomes quite soft as he pulls his knife with the other hand. "Jack. On three, help me pull this door open, hopefully surprisin' this bastard and draggin' him in. Then, we beat hell out of him. Ready?"

littlebottom
2010-08-03, 06:43 PM
"why are we even looking for guns here? the police dont carry guns you know." Jimmy says having lived in the local area all his life.... IE the prison.

rollelectric
2010-08-03, 09:08 PM
Frank pulls into the garage and unlocks the doors. "There's something in there we can use. Let's get it and then go get us some food." He looks around before stepping out of the car.

cantdrawatall
2010-08-03, 09:20 PM
The zombie has reached the door now, and begins beating at it. You can see its rotting face through the window, while Shiloh whimpers from upstairs, where Sophie was found drawing on her bed. Ironblood, seeing the zombie take hold of the door-handle, grabs the handle on the other side himself, stopping the zombie turning it. His normally brash voice becomes quite soft as he pulls his knife with the other hand. "Jack. On three, help me pull this door open, hopefully surprisin' this bastard and draggin' him in. Then, we beat hell out of him. Ready?"

(Come On you little coward! You can do it Jack!) [roll0] (Yay!)

Jack deposited Shiloh with Sophie, Keep her safe and barricade the door. He quickly moved downstairs and got up next to Ironblood, one hand tightly gripping the handle to the cricket bat. "There is no running this time Jack," he thought to himself as he gripped the knob with Ironblood and nodded to signal that he was ready. "You have great friends here, and its about time you help defend them. Samantha would've wanted that."

Xsesiv
2010-08-05, 01:07 PM
Sorry, guys, for not being here for the last two days. I've been ill.

City team
In the garage are a couple of police cars, a small work station and a large number of fire extinguishers of all kinds. As Frank gets out of the car, the nearest zombie, a huge man in jeans and a t-shirt, hears, turns to see him and then starts to stalk up to the car. By the bend in its knees, it is preparing to charge when it gets close enough. Seeing it change its course, a couple of other zombies in the street, a long-haired man in a suit and an overweight woman wearing a tracksuit and missing an arm, begin to follow it into the garage.

At the house
On Ironblood's count of three, Ironblood and Jack wrench the door open.[roll0]Zombie
[roll1]Humans
The zombie is dragged directly inside with huge force and trips over the doorstep, landing flat on its face. Ironblood leaps onto its back, pinning it down with his knees. "Get it! Kill it!" he yells, trying to hold it down and strike with his knife at the same time, but focusing on the holding-down, so that he can't yet stab it.

cantdrawatall
2010-08-05, 04:02 PM
OoC
Sorry, guys, for not being here for the last two days. I've been ill. Its alright, get better soon.

The zombie is dragged directly inside with huge force and trips over the doorstep, landing flat on its face. Ironblood leaps onto its back, pinning it down with his knees. "Get it! Kill it!" he yells, trying to hold it down and strike with his knife at the same time, but focusing on the holding-down, so that he can't yet stab it.

Jack moved as quick as possible and swung the Cricket Bat with both hands to the zombie's head.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Xsesiv
2010-08-05, 04:25 PM
River team
Sigurd reverses as far as he can down the road, then revs the car up, pointing it towards the hedge at the road's corner, apparently meaning to plough through and go over the zombies between you and the river.

"I wouldn't do that, if I were you," says Sam, but Sigurd appears not to take any notice.

At the house
The thwack in the face didn't do much to the zombie, despite the force it was propelled with. The zombie grunts loudly and a rather unpleasant nosebleed results, but little else save that Ironblood nearly falls off the zombie with the force of the blow. Hoping for an opportunity, he takes out his knife and takes it in his hand, then thrusting to hit the zombie in its vitals.
[roll0]
[roll1]
The knife misses and penetrates the floor under the zombie's armpit. Cursing, Ironblood goes back to holding the zombie down, but without the advantage of surprise any more it is a visible struggle.

cantdrawatall
2010-08-05, 08:29 PM
Die you beast from hell!

Another swing for the head.

[roll0]
[roll1]

rollelectric
2010-08-06, 01:37 AM
Frank turns towards the outside of the garage, he instinctively backs up and calls over to the other guys in the car. He swears at himself as he realizes he has been unarmed the whole time. Well, that is why we are here.

Well, we couldn't keep our hands clean forever. Let's try to make quick work of these guys get in and out, yeah?

He looks around quickly for anything to use to defend himself. A police baton, gun, anything really as the man preparing to charge has quite a size advantage, and no doubt a strength one at that.

Xsesiv
2010-08-06, 01:53 AM
At the houseJack manages to wallop Ironblood in the chest and he swears again as he goes backwards off the zombie and it gets up and stares Jack in the face. Ironblood pulls his knife from the floor and thrusts it directly at the zombie's back.
[roll0] Allowing +2 for flanking
[roll1] Stumbling as he goes for the zombie, Ironblood falls against its back, bearing it over onto Jack. As it lands, pus sprays from its eyes and nose, splattering all over him. Ironblood frantically tries to pull the creature off, shouting a string of expletives the whole while, while it goes for Jack's throat with its teeth.

City team
He looks around quickly for anything to use to defend himself. A police baton, gun, anything really as the man preparing to charge has quite a size advantage, and no doubt a strength one at that.:smallconfused: Because police leave their batons and what very few guns are available to them strewn over the garage floor?

In any case, there are many fire extinguishers and some tools on the workstation counter. The zombie continues its advance, grinning horribly through pasty, blood-stained lips.

rollelectric
2010-08-06, 01:58 AM
Damn, nothing of much use. I was hoping for guns or at least a baton, a man can dream. Frank bolts to the nearest fire extinguisher and holds it above his head ready to bring it down butting into any approaching enemy.

Xsesiv
2010-08-06, 02:04 AM
City team The zombie stalks towards Frank. When it is within a few yards, it lets loose one of its shocking bursts of speed, lunging at Frank like an Olympic sprinter, attacking with a huge, arcing punch, which is clumsy and unscientific. [roll0][roll1]That, however, is not to say that it wasn't effective. The zombie whacks Frank hard in the side, causing great pain and possibly a couple of fractured ribs. Meanwhile, the other zombies have reached the garage entrance, and begin to make their way towards the melee.

efski
2010-08-06, 06:43 AM
Steve gets out of the car, grabs his baseball bat with both hands and without hesitation charges at the zombie assaulting Frank. He tries to bash the zombie in the back of its head, while it's still focused on its prime victim.

[roll0]

rollelectric
2010-08-06, 10:18 AM
Seeing Steve pop out of the car and is reassuring. He attempts to make a hard smash into the front of its face with the fire extinguisher. There had better be guns in this place, I can't do this forever.

I believe we have flanking. [roll0]

cantdrawatall
2010-08-06, 04:38 PM
Stumbling as he goes for the zombie, Ironblood falls against its back, bearing it over onto Jack. As it lands, pus sprays from its eyes and nose, splattering all over him. Ironblood frantically tries to pull the creature off, shouting a string of expletives the whole while, while it goes for Jack's throat with its teeth.

Jack screams as the zombie goes for his throat, teeth bared. Jack frantically tries to shove the bat into the zombies mouth, trying to block the sharp drooling teeth and maybe knock them in.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Xsesiv
2010-08-06, 05:58 PM
City teamThe zombie gets its head crushed between a baseball bat and a fire extinguisher, but that doesn't stop it. It starts to flail around wildly with its arms, moving at random. It staggers into the workstation, clattering a set of spanners and a toolbox to the floor and causing altogether too much noise. The other two are still rapidly approaching; Luca, who has until now been in the car, gets out and rushes one with his crowbar.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Swinging like a baseball player, Luca takes off one of the approaching zombie's heads. With a crowbar. The head flies away, and the body is firmly knocked backwards to the floor, where it then struggles to get up again with no balance sense.
At the house
The bat ends up in the zombie's mouth, taking out a few teeth on the way in. As it screams in pain, Ironblood takes up his knife again and stabs it as hard as he can. [roll2]
[roll3]The knife goes through the zombie's ribs neatly and a gout of blood spills forth - after a couple of seconds the zombie goes limp.

cantdrawatall
2010-08-06, 07:40 PM
Jack scrambles out from under the Zombie, then proceeds to bash the thing's head till it is nothing but mush. DIE! DIE! DIE!, he yells until finally, out of breath, he leans up against a wall. If the door is not yet closed, Jack closes it.

He looks to Ironblood, Thank you man... You saved my life there. What do you think we should do with it now? Throw it outside?

littlebottom
2010-08-07, 01:49 AM
Jimmy gets out the car "stubborn little Bastards aint they?" he runs over to the zombie thats struggling to get up and continues to stab its chest once or twice before hacking away at its various limbs

[roll0] take off the last digit :smallsigh: i added an extra 0 to the roll

efski
2010-08-08, 08:08 AM
Steve runs after the zombie he just attacked with Frank and tries to finish it off, so it doesn't make any more noise around the workstation. He furiously swings his bat until he's certain the undead is no more "alive".

rollelectric
2010-08-09, 08:10 PM
Frank takes the fire extinguisher and takes a wide swing at the third zombie entering the garage. He puts his weight behind the swing and slams it hard into his torso. It is painstakingly clear that they must make quick work of these three and close the garage. However, Frank focuses on the battle at hand before turning his mind to the noise they were making.

[roll0]
[roll1]

After the swing Frank begins to look around for a way to close the garage, assuming he doesn't miss.

Xsesiv
2010-08-10, 12:19 PM
*snip*

d10.

City team
The zombies do not die easily. Each of them takes dozens of blows to bring down, enough to mash its bones and tenderise its muscle enough to stop it. Smashing it on the head doesn't appear to work, nor whacking it in the torso, or in the limbs with anything less than crippling damage. Anyway, some minutes later, you stand surrounded by the scattered remains and splattered brains of the zombies - and a good way to close the garage would be the door.

rollelectric
2010-08-10, 12:45 PM
d10.

Righto, my bad. I remember thinking I had to use a d10, at least.

[roll0]

Frank closes the door after everything is crushed a to a pulp. He sighs heavily as he does so. The fight has taken a lot out of him physically and mentally.

littlebottom
2010-08-10, 05:25 PM
Jimmy stands next to his (and friends) handi work. admiring the mess.

if i cut off its arm, will the arm move irrespective of being dettached?