PDA

View Full Version : Recovery?

CycloneJoker
2010-07-25, 08:36 PM
A friend told me about a trick to kill people so they can't get better, through Flesh to Stone, Transmute Rock to Mud, Purify Food and Drink, or a similar spell. I know this is a dumb question, but is there a way, excluding Wish and the like to recover someone from said combo?

Greenish
2010-07-25, 08:52 PM
Assuming mud counts as "very dirty water", that's it. No easy, low tech solution's gonna get you on your feet, except maybe as a water elemental.

holywhippet
2010-07-25, 08:59 PM
Another variant is flesh to stone then transmute rock to mud and scatter the mud out in a large body of water.

In theory if you could somehow regather all of the mud you could sculpt it into a statue, use transmute mud to rock then stone to flesh.

For your varient, if you could get all the water back you might be able to mix it with dirt then follow the same process.

How to actually do this would require some trickery - probably using something like prestidigitation or unseen servant. Basically you need some magical trick to get the mud/water that the character was made out of.

Fax Celestis
2010-07-25, 09:10 PM
A friend told me about a trick to kill people so they can't get better, through Flesh to Stone, Transmute Rock to Mud, Purify Food and Drink, or a similar spell. I know this is a dumb question, but is there a way, excluding Wish and the like to recover someone from said combo?

...True resurrection?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-07-25, 09:11 PM
I think you're all forgetting about True Resurrection (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/trueResurrection.htm). Even if you turn someone to stone, turn the stone to mud, purify the mud to water, then drink all the water... True Res doesn't require any piece of the deceased to still exist for it to work.

senrath
2010-07-25, 09:18 PM
They're not. By a strict RAW ruling the target is still alive.

CycloneJoker
2010-07-25, 09:20 PM
They are, technically still alive, so would Miracle, Wish, or Revise Reality the only ways to deal with that?

PId6
2010-07-25, 09:21 PM
I think you're all forgetting about True Resurrection (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/trueResurrection.htm). Even if you turn someone to stone, turn the stone to mud, purify the mud to water, then drink all the water... True Res doesn't require any piece of the deceased to still exist for it to work.
No, but True Res does require that they actually be dead. A person transformed to stone isn't dead, so no form of resurrection works on them. You'd need to find the (nonexistant) pieces and Stone to Flesh them to bring them back; that's the only way (barring Wish/Miracle/Reality Revision/etc).

An alternative to the normal method is Flesh to Salt. Just throw the salt into a pool of water, then Purify it. Or dump it in the ocean.

Lhurgyof
2010-07-25, 09:21 PM

"Why am I so thirsty all of a sudden?"

- Illithid Warlord.