PDA

View Full Version : Outfox the Fox!

Hat-Trick
2010-07-26, 12:07 AM
Okay, so I watched Court Jester recently and had an idea. I want to create a character based on Danny Kaye's version of the Black Fox in this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=796bHaAtlkE&feature=related) song, mainly, being everywhere at once due to having others dressed the same and playing the part.

I thought Flee the Scene, the Warlock invocation would fit as well, but with six levels needed to get it, I figure it would be best to make Warlock an integral part of the build. So, basically I want a Warlock gish that seems to be everywhere. Any ideas on how to improve the idea?

Prodan
2010-07-26, 12:14 AM
You should use Factotum as a base class, of course. With Leadership.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-26, 12:20 AM
That would be nice, wouldn't it?

Leadership causes the problem that dressing my followers in my apparel having everyone think their me might be considered "causing their deaths" so, yeah...

Calmar
2010-07-26, 04:48 AM
My first impression: The Fox looks like a straight bard to me, or possibly a rogue/illusionist. He's, obviously, a rogue-type of guy, he uses illusions, and he sings. :smallbiggrin:
If your DM allows, give him Leadership to get the gang of badass dwarves/halflings.

I don't know much about the factotum, though, so mayhap that fits better...

Hat-Trick
2010-07-26, 12:33 PM
I'm not really going for whole thing, just the idea of a masked entity who is pretty much a legion. Well, I also want to do melee decently, but yeah.

Calmar
2010-07-26, 03:04 PM
Oh. Well... take a few levels in a class, disguise yourself as the Black Fox or some other mysterious guy and get a couple of dudes who look just like you. :smalltongue:

unimaginable
2010-07-26, 03:41 PM
Somewhere between V for Vendetta and Spartacus...

Now what those two (V and Spartacus) had in common was that they were both revolutionaries. When enough people agree that change is necessary and that extreme tactics might be the best way to produce that change, suddenly there's a willingness to do this sort of thing. Keeping in mind, of course, that it puts individual members in grave danger, but the leaders are protected, which makes cracking down at least a lot more annoying for the oppressive government or whatever their enemy is.

I'm picturing a climactic encounter where the real one, plus, say, four imposters, all cast Mirror Image at once. Good times.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-26, 03:53 PM
Deceive item and a wand of Mirror Image was another idea, yeah. It would get crazy fast.