PDA

View Full Version : Genebulk IC (Bi-daily)

Forevernade
2010-07-26, 12:40 AM
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9004605#post9004605) and Recruitment (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161702)
Dr Liam (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/genebulk/characters/dr-liam) - Jallorn
Glark (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/genebulk/characters/glark) - Lycan 01
Sputnix (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/genebulk/characters/sputnix)

You wake. The chamber of the Cloning Dock is cold. You relax your body and the chamber robot dresses you in your biosuit, something that prevents your body from quickly decaying.

It was a close encounter. You registered your quantum mind-matrix into the system just in time. The gargantuan Space Worms ate your entire planet in one gulp! Everyone is dead. Everyone! Well, it could be a blessing now that Aunt Masdak7452 is gone... but your pet Uzo, that cute furry little thing! :smallfurious: You want revenge.

You stride out of the Bay with your chest high and the most intimidating expression you can muster, which isn't very intimidating considering your face doesn't actually move. Wait now... what is that? You realise others have made it too! You aren't the only one left.

You fiddle around with the biosuit's settings until you find a sensible frequency channel to emit your mind-speak into. *click* *spurrrrrr* *zzzeejjjjk* ...

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 12:52 AM
"Hello gentlemen. I am... *hacking cough* ...Sputnix.

Lycan 01
2010-07-26, 01:31 AM
Glark pokes and prods at his biosuit's transmitter, before finally finding a setting his likes. "KRRRRK, KRRRRRRK, TESTING TESTING," the speakers on his suit suddenly squad. "KRRRCHHHH. Testing, one two three. Testing, one two three. Krrch. H... hello?" Glark asks, looking around nervously. "H-hello?" he repeats again, slowly feeling more confident, before suddenly exclaiming with a jump and a shout: "HELLO CLEVELAND!! HOW YOU DOIN' TONIGHT?!"

With a giddy giggle, Glark proceeds to run up to Sputnix and begin poking his shoulder. "Hiiiiii Sputnix! Nice ta meet ya! I'm Glark! I used to have to take special medicines and stuff, but now since our planet is gone, I can't! And I feel great! Oh dude, didja see the way that space worm ate our whole frikkin planet?!" he says in an overly-excited manner. "I mean it was all like ssssshhhhwooooooommmmm..." Glark makes a "space worm flying" sound effect while slowly waving his hands in front of his face like a flying space worm. "And this it was all like NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!! he suddenly begins to clap his arms together over each other, like a giant set of jaws. "And then were all like... dead!" he gasps, grabbing his chest and falling to the floor.

After several seconds of pretend death, Glark suddenly perks his head up. "So, whatcha wanna do Sputnix?"

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 01:46 AM
I wish to travel. I yearn to wander through space.

Ilena
2010-07-26, 01:48 AM
Coming out of her cloning tube she hears most of what Glark says. Ordinarily she would roll her eyes but at the moment they are very nondiscript eyes inside a mechanical suit that completely blocks them so the gesture is futile.

"Oh please, I saw it ... twas horrible ... dont want to see it again ... i see we only have these .... horrid base unit bodies .... I am going to have to go find out what happened to the genes that were SUPPOSED to be here ....." She walks over to the nearest computer station, metalic feet clanging on the deck. She punches in a few commands and curses, "Theres NOTHING here! Thrice cursed space worms! We got NOTHING!" A sigh echos from the suit, "Well ... looks like we are stuck until we find something to harvest ... I guess i should say my name is Alice, nice to meet you both .... i think."

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 01:51 AM
Sputnix sits down at the controls. "I think we should go to Zooton 6. The creatures there will be easy to harvest."

Lycan 01
2010-07-26, 01:53 AM
"Hi Alice," Glark chimes, hopping to his feet.

However, rather than being extremely annoying, he calmly strides towards her, gently takes her hand, bows, and then lightly taps it to his exosuit's face plate in a gesture akin to trying to kiss the back of her hand. "Please to make your acquiantance..." he croons in a suave manner.

Glark suddenly turns back to Sputnix and excitedly exclaims: "WaitdidyousayZooton6?! Ohmygoshfrickinsweet!" After a moment of terse silence, he quietly adds: "I like the zoo..."

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 01:56 AM
Sputnix takes control of the ship, setting course for Zooton 6.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 01:57 AM
We should arrive soon.
{Retcon edit}

Lycan 01
2010-07-26, 02:01 AM
"We have?" Glark asks, looking for a window to look through. "Dude, that was fast."

Shouldn't we wait for other players, or for the GM to move us along? :smallconfused:

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 02:05 AM
Yes. Ignore that.

Lycan 01
2010-07-26, 02:27 AM
"I say we wait 'til nightfall. Then we sneak in, and genestealer some frickin' wolves or something. Think about it, man! We could have armored skin like a crocodile, the teeth and claws of a wolf, the speed of a cheetah, and the frickin' awesome colors of a peakock! A PEAKOCK!!" Glark waves his arms wildly, trying to stress the awesomeness of his point. "Then, once we have the DNA we need, I say we break into the security offices and steal some guns. Y'know, elephant guns that can blow a lion in half, some tranquilizer rifles to knock stuff out so we can steal its DNA. AND FLASHLIGHTS!!" he squeels.

Forevernade
2010-07-26, 02:32 AM
You hear a droning voice over a ship transmitter.
Computer says, "Yes, it was fast. So fast you probably didn't even notice you were moving. Greetings. I am computer. It seems since species 9475738IViiU ate the planet harbouring the dataplates I would normally network with, we have very little information.
We have arrived safely outside the atmosphere of Zooton 6. The drop pod bays are in sector 2 of the ship. I have uploaded the dimensions of this space ship to your biosuits so you should not get lost. An incoming transmission from Zooton 6 is being received."

A different, more excited voice is heard from the loudspeaker. Terminal says, "Welcome to Zooton 6. Zooton is a Zoo-planet. Like all Zoo-planets it has been divided into different biospheres by energy fields, and you are in a safe-zone between biospheres. Here you will find many diffrent lifeforms that have been gathered from sector 46J to 56J. Do not leave the safe-zones under any circumstances lest you get mauled by the wild fauna. If you have any questions please use this terminal which has been allocated to you for the rest of your stay. Have a nice day!"

Lycan 01
2010-07-26, 02:40 AM
"Sweetness!" Glark exclaims. "Computer, can you find out what sort of animals they have? What are the nearest biospherey thingies? And is there a security office or anything? Y'know, a place where we can... y'know... secure some security..." Glark shrugs.

Forevernade
2010-07-26, 04:24 AM
Computer answers, "Accessing Tropical Quadrant Fauna catagories-
Lophotrochozoa, Platyzoa, Ecdysozoa, Deuterostomes.

"...Accessing Deuterostomes-
Echinodermata and Chordata.

"...Accessing Chordata-
Vertebrates and Invertebrates.

"...Accessing Vertebrates-
-------------------list too long. There are naturally occurring fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals. Shall I list some of the more dominant mammal tetrapod species?

Panther
Crocodile
Snake
Wolverine
Mega-Peacock
Bear
Hedgehog
Zebra

"There are also Polar, Desert and Wetland quadrants. I have located a security office at co-ordinates 0.0, 0.0 of the planet."

Sputnik climbs into his pod and rockets down toward the planet.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 04:27 AM
"I think that is a security office up ahead."

Ilena
2010-07-26, 09:28 AM
Hopping in a drop pod, she opens a comm channel to the others, "So ... shall we all find an animal of our own to grab then all meet back at the ship or shall we go together?"

shadowedsoul
2010-07-26, 10:04 AM
I vote we go together. We're not especially strong yet.
Says a new voice over the comm.
Oh, my name's Cameron by the way.

Ilena
2010-07-26, 10:41 AM
"Ah, good morning Cameron ... you seem to be pretty level headed, so ... where do we want to go first? I say we should find some kind of peaceful creature to take first .... something that WONT kill us on sight."

shadowedsoul
2010-07-26, 10:48 AM
Well, they're not especially peaceful, but nabbing a few copies of an alligator snapping turtle may be prudent. If we're careful there should be minimal risk, and their shell and bite would be most useful in the future.

Yes, alligator snapping turtle, they have the second highest bite pressure of any living animal (which will have to do until we get access to more fantastical things) and can weigh upwards of 300 lbs when they're 3 1/2 ft. long, it's all armor.

Fortunately for us they're slow as hell and not especially intelligent, nabbing some tranq guns from the security office should let us get a hold of them fairly easily.

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 11:15 AM
A fifth companion emerges from the cloning pod, Aw man, am I last again? he sighs, That thing can never process my mind quickly. I hope I didn't lose anything this time. Still that is what enabled me to determine that we are the ones who are cloned and not just clones. Dr. Liam here, nice to meet you. He speaks swiftly and clearly, radiating a sense of calm. Suddenly his voice changes, Oh man, they're all dead! My poor fluffy Uzo! his head hangs despite his face showing no emotion, but after a moment, he straightens up again, So did I hear the planet say we're at Zooton?

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 01:57 PM
"Yes. I wish to find Bradypodion taeniabronchum, my scans suggest it has many useful genes for the taking."

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 02:01 PM
I advise we begin by recovering what our species has lost over the many ages of cloning. Computer, locate, if you can, the nearest nest of falco peregrinus. Their eyesight would be most advantageous.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 03:04 PM
"I may not be a computer, but my scanner indicates the habitat of falco peregrinus is 1 KM to the northeast."

shadowedsoul
2010-07-26, 04:20 PM
Cameron

We should probably hit the security center first. Trying to catch something as fast as a falcon without some kind of gear would be more difficult than I care to think about.
Cameron replies, pausing for a second to think before continuing.
I suggest that we look into creatures with alternate forms of locomotion while we're at it, and perhaps some venomous agents as well. You never know what might come in handy.

Lycan 01
2010-07-26, 04:22 PM
"Mega-Peacock..." Glark whispers in aw, staring into space.

After a few seconds, he snaps back to reality. "I say we go raid the security office. Then we get an alligator. They're not overtly aggressive, so we could probably all dog-pile it and get the DNA without it gnawing one of our arms off. That way, we'll have instant access to claws, armor, ungodly biting pressure, and cool lookin' eyes. Then I say we just fan out and get whatever else we want. I also wanna check out the Mega-Peacock. Just because..." Glark shrugs.

He then mutters to himself: "I wonder if Mega-Peacock DNA would help me pick up hot alien chicks..."

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 04:28 PM
I was actually thinking that we could get some genes from the young. I mean, it's not like it hurts them or anything. Mammals and birds seem like the best starting points to me, seeing as we were once mammals ourselves.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 04:34 PM
"I wish to gain the tongue and camouflage of a chameleon at some point, but a good start would be some sort of big cat."

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 04:39 PM
What about a small cat to start instead? Actually, I'd like to vote we explain our situation to the security and see if they'll help us tranq a few animals.

Lycan 01
2010-07-26, 04:48 PM
"Computer, do we have any weapons?" Glark suddenly asks, looking up at the ceiling as if that's where the Computer lurks.

"And could Mega-Peacock DNA help me pick up hot alien chicks?" he adds as an afterthought.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 04:49 PM
"Also good. I would recommend some samples of venomous snakes be collected. We should wait for night."

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 04:56 PM
Why wait for night? That seems a poor waste of time, especially when we can get a lot of things done now. I'm going down now, you guys can follow or not, I don't mind, I just want to start getting things done.

OOC:How do I do that?

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 04:57 PM
"I will come. You may need me. Most animals are day-active though."

shadowedsoul
2010-07-26, 05:04 PM
"I will come. You may need me. Most animals are day-active though."

Most of the ones you've expressed interest in are nocturnal actually. Getting close to them during the day will be much easier until we nab some decent night vision regardless though.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 05:12 PM
"What makes you think I was talking about my interests?"

shadowedsoul
2010-07-26, 05:18 PM
Cameron

You used the words "I wish", now quit being a ****. Are you coming with us or not?

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 05:20 PM
"I am coming with you."

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 05:22 PM
Whoa guys, calm down. Unless we have plans to dump each other on random planets I think we'll be stuck together for a while, so name calling is bad.

I'm thinking Liam is a geneticist, physicist, and philosopher (though least of all a philosopher, and only really enough geneticist to use the tech well.)

Lycan 01
2010-07-26, 05:24 PM
"You guys want me to tag along?" Glark asks cheerfully, his left arm subtly twitching.

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 05:26 PM
Absentmindedly, Liam answers, Yeah sure, I guess.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 08:01 PM
"Well, let's go then."

Forevernade
2010-07-26, 08:23 PM
Dr. Liam climbs into his drop-pod and shoots toward the landing signal next to the security office. As he drops further into the atmosphere it becomes colder and colder and suddenly he is surrounded by snow and ice.
He catches sight of the landing pad, and he lands down quite harshly, cracking the pad in half. The pod is obviously not designed with proper landings in mind.
Dr.Liam looks outside of his pod window and realises the storm has gone completely; all that is left in the atmosphere is a slight frost

Stepping out of the pod, he walks a few steps before being pushed to his side by the shockwave created by a comical cumulation of of drop pods stacking on top of eachother. *thump* *wham* *wham* *crunch* The five drop pods create a tower, as if each pilot completely disregarded the other four pilot's plan to land on the same pad as each other.

After a little bit of shuffling about the five of you reach the office door. Stepping inside, you are greeted by the sound (http://www.sounddogs.com/sound-effects/3997/mp3/217102_SOUNDDOGS__ho.mp3) of a constant flow of floating auto-bots coming in and out of the roof, docking at bays, or leaving the office to do some menial job like putting out fires, creating fires, or fixing an energy-field emitter.
To the far end of the room there is a door labelled "Warden's office" with a post-it note stuck to the glass reading "back in 5 minutes".

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 08:25 PM
To hell with it, let's just have a look around anyway. Like I said, time's awasting.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 08:28 PM
"Computer, where is the nearest specimen of Bradypodion taeniabronchum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith%27s_Dwarf_Chamaeleon)?

shadowedsoul
2010-07-26, 08:30 PM
Cameron

Let's at least check the warden's office for some kind of useful gear before we take off into the park.
Cameron says, walking over to the door and attempting to open it.

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 08:31 PM
Liam shakes his head, You have really mixed up priorities son, let's see if we can find some tranquilizers. And remember to try and get the doses accurate, we don't want to kill any of these animals.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 08:33 PM
"These searches take time. I am starting it as we arm ourselves."

Lycan 01
2010-07-26, 08:44 PM
"Yeah, lets check the Warden's office..." Glark nods, trotting along behind the rest of the team. As an afterthought, he grabs a pamphlet out of a small box along the wall. He then begins to leaf through the guide to the zoo, checking out what sort of animals they have to offer. "Ooooooh. Did you know that a wolf's howl doesn't echo?" he asks the rest of the team in an absent-minded fashion. "Hey, check it out. Mega-Peacock is an omnivor. It says here that it eats fruits, berries, large insects, and...... children who wonder into its habitat? That's... that's a joke, right?" he asks no one in particular, looking around in slight confusion and alarm.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 08:49 PM
Sputnix opens a cabinet. Inside are 5 tranquilizer guns and large bucketfuls of darts. "I believe this is what we want."

Lycan 01
2010-07-26, 08:54 PM
Glark enters the office, but doesn't heart Sputnix. He's too busy staring at the double-barrel elephant gun mounted up on one of the walls. After several seconds of awed silence, he simply mutters: "Dibs."

Are we supposed to procure the weapons and gear, or let the Storyteller handle it? I think we're supposed to let the storyteller handle it, but if we can get our own stuff, I figure they have to have something on hand to handle the really dangerous animals that don't fall easily to tranq darts.

If this is too overpowered or anything, Forevernade, feel free to say its a display piece or doesn't work. :smalltongue:

Forevernade
2010-07-26, 09:27 PM
The group piles into the office, squabbling and climbing over each other trying to get to different items.
Sputnix opens a cabinet and finds a semi-automatic tranquillizer rifle with 10 clips of ammo each containing 3 darts.
Glark climbs over his head using him as a laddar to try and reach the antique double barrelled shotgun. It looks a little bit shoddy, and it might collapse at any minute, but that doesnt stop Glark from grabbing it down from the shelf and opening the barrel to look for ammo. It is armed with one round, two fist sized slugs!
Cameron Find a pair of binoculars, but they are kind of useless considering he has no eyes. An Explorers Hat and a walking stick is in the corner hanging from a coat-rack.
The wardens lunch, which is sitting nicely on his desk, is trampled on as Glark tries to get down from Sputnix's head without falling over.

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 09:30 PM
Oh no you don't, says Liam grabbing the shotgun. This stays here, got it?

Lycan 01
2010-07-26, 09:32 PM
Glark cackles with glee as he examines his new toy. "Wowie! Check it out! Hey, I wonder if there's any more ammo..." the alien mutters as he begins to scour the room for more bullets. "Hey, Computer? Can you here me? Any way you can fix or upgrade this gun for me when we get back?"

Glark is caught off guard by Liam, and stares at him in shock, his body language showing sheer gut-wrenching dissappointment. "But... whyyyy?" he whines.

Forevernade
2010-07-26, 10:01 PM
Computer sends a message into Glark's biosuit wirelessly, "I am sorry, Glark, but my dataplates do not contain information regarding projectile weaponry. Please update my software so I can help you in this matter."

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 10:22 PM
Let's head out. There is plenty of weak things to prey on.

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 10:30 PM
You guys go, I'll speak with the warden and then catch up in a bit.

shadowedsoul
2010-07-26, 10:33 PM
Cameron

I'll hang back with Liam, I don't think we should go anywhere alone yet.
Cameron says.
And at least he's not a complete idiot.
She thinks as she begins her search for a fire extinguisher.

Lycan 01
2010-07-26, 10:47 PM
"Well, if I can't have my shotgun..." Glark sighs, heading out the door. He then looks up and down the hall before running a short distance and yanking a fire axe off the wall. "I can have this!" he exclaims triumphantly, holding the red rescue impliment over his head.

He then notices a small robot flittering by, and asks, "Hey, which way to the canines? Foxes are a canine, right?"

Forevernade
2010-07-26, 10:54 PM
Cameron finds an extinguisher and a fire axe on the side of a wall.

Suddenly you hear cobbering footsteps coming toward the office. (Those who have left do are outside doing something or other.)

The warden, a 7 foot tall humanoid with a second floating head (http://www.zuguide.com/image/Johnny-Knoxville-Men-in-Black-II.4.jpg), walks in through the door with a grumpy look on his face.

"You!!! You ruined our landing pad! And, what..." He exclaims, "My Lunch! My antique hunter shotgun! My office, what did you do!?!?" :smallfurious:

Cameron turns around holding the fire extinguisher and looks awkwardly at the warden. *bweeeeeeeooooop bweeeeeeeooooop* An automatic fire alarm sounds in the background, triggered by moving the fire-safety equipment...

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 10:58 PM
I'm sorry sir, but this one, here Liam indicates Glark, tends to get over excited. As you can see.

Forevernade
2010-07-26, 10:59 PM
Meanwhile, after talking to a robot, Glark is lead to a pathway that delves deep into the Tropical Quadrant. The floating robot hums a little ditty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcn_TPu4qQ). It sounds like he is saying 'doom' over and over, but you aren't quite sure.

The fire alarm rings, and Glark starts, and runs back toward the complex.

Lycan 01
2010-07-26, 11:00 PM
"FFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYYYYYYEEEEEEER RRRRRRRR!!!!!" Glark screams, running down the hallway as fast as his legs can carry him in panic. As he passes the Warden's office, be barges through the door and "accidentally" runs into the Warden. "EVERYONE GET OUT!! THERE'S A FIRE!! RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES!!!" he screams, shaking his arms and fire axe in terror before turning to flee back through the door.

"Accidental" Body Check: Glark [roll0] vs Warden [roll1]

He then runs after the little robot, a little dazed from hitting that organic brick wall called the Warden...

Forevernade
2010-07-26, 11:01 PM
Dubious: Roll once to hit, and roll his defense/dodge at -50 (-20 he is standing still, -20 close range, -10 he is looking at Cameron)

Then roll another two rolls attack/defense for your second dart.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 11:03 PM
Sputnix trancs him, 2 darts to be safe.

First dart:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Second dart:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Forevernade
2010-07-26, 11:10 PM
The warden falls face first onto the ground, jamming the door open with his inanimate body.

The second squints his eyes and screams out in a super high-pitched voice, "Ouch! You mother goobin' flamer! Heeelp! Heeeelp! We're being attacked!"

After a pause, the head swivels around taking in the scene, "No one is coming are they... Ummm, please dont hurt me? I will give you anything you want! Here take my other body, just dont hurt this head! Wait, no! Leave me the body, take the other head! Yeah, that's it!"

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 11:10 PM
Liam sighs and gets out his gene gun, hopefully in the future they can avoid these incidents. Still, Liam had his doubts, but given that these were the last of his people, he needed to stick by them.

Can I take multiple samples from one creature?

Lycan 01
2010-07-26, 11:14 PM
Glark staggers back into the Tropical Quadrant's pathway, looking for the little robot. "Helllooooo? Doomy-Doomy? Where'd you go?" he asks, keeping his eyes open for Doomy-Doomy or other guests, while casually carrying his axe over his shoulder like its nothing out of the ordinary.

Forevernade
2010-07-26, 11:14 PM
You can take multiple samples from one creature, but it will not mean you have more genetic variance, which is the key to recording a better genome.

Glark hears a small hover-whir and is then poked in the back of the head. Glark turns around and sees a small metal extension fold back into the autobot.

"Please, sir, stay with your allocated autobot whilst you are on tour. If you would like to finish the tour please inform me, otherwise come this way..."
Glark finally stops and looks out across the tropics. The autobot points a laser out of an optical lens at a wolf den just as a wolf climbs into it holding a small creature in it's mouth.
"It seems the wolf is bringing food back to it's partner in the den."

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 11:16 PM
Liam takes a sample, then says, I guess we should move on, our survival depends on it. Sorry sir, but when you're the last of a people, you have to stick together.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 11:20 PM
Sputnix enters the Tropical area. "Look! Pristine samples of Bradypodion taeniabronchum!"

Forevernade
2010-07-26, 11:24 PM
"No sir," says an autobot, "that is a stick. It is very hard to detect bradypodion taeniabronchum. If you look slightly to the right.... no, sir, that is a branch also... yes, sir, that is the bradypodion taeniabronchum."

Jallorn
2010-07-26, 11:26 PM
His sample collected, Liam decides to find an autobot. When this is done, he asks it, What is the most docile and least people shy animal you have?

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 11:27 PM
I take a sample of the Chameleon.

Forevernade
2010-07-26, 11:40 PM
Sputnix walks to the edge of the safety platform and goes to step off into the tropical landscape in the hopes of sampling the chameleon.
*thunk* Sputnix faceplants the energy field dividing the platform and the tropic region.
An automated message is triggered from his attendant autobot, "Please do not attempt to leave the safety area, it is for your own good and the sustainability of the biosphere within the quadrant."

An autobot speaks to Liam, "Greetings. I am sorry, sir, but we do not house docile creatures in our zoo. The three least shy creatures listed are: Leopard, Elephant, Sloth. The warden does have a pet Caut (http://www.geraldheffernon.com/show-image/345299/Gerald-Heffernon/Alien-abductor-cat.jpg). If you would like to see his pet caut you should ask the Warden, I am not authorized to show the warden's pet to tourists, as it is not part of the natural biosphere, or part of any rehabilitation program. Thank you."

Dubious Pie
2010-07-26, 11:50 PM
Sputnix attempts to mod the autobot to think that he should have access to the area.

[roll0]

Forevernade
2010-07-26, 11:58 PM
Sputnix hooks up his scanner to the autobot and successfully hacks the internal software.

Autobot speaks, "Greetings, Warden. Please step back whilst I disable the field for you."

The autobot steps forward and an antennae extends out from it's body into the invisible field. As the antennae penetrates deeper into the field a crackling sound starts, and an energy-blue outline of a triangular door extends downward from the point of contact.

Sputnix walks through the door and the autobot follows him through before the door closes up behind, and the field turns invisible again.
Sputnix walks up to the Chameleon and stabs it with his gun barrel. A filament needle darts out of the barrel, stabs the chameleon, and retracts again. The chameleon flinches in pain and crawls up the tree out of reach.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-27, 12:01 AM
"Anything you guys and girl want from here?"

Jallorn
2010-07-27, 12:07 AM
Liam catches up to the others just in time to hear the question, Lots, I'd still like to get Peregrine Falcon eyesight for starters.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-27, 12:15 AM
"I did not mean 'here' as in this planet, but 'here' as in the tropical environment."

Lycan 01
2010-07-27, 12:18 AM
Glark scurries off to join Sputnix through the hole in the fence he created. "Hey, sweet, you found a way through!"

Glark pauses for a second, then draws his DNA extractor gun. He then leans down, and pulls the trigger. The extraction needle jabs out, and impales a large ant through the thorax. "Lifting 50 times my body weight, BAYBEH!!" he shouts. He then begins to look around for other animals and insects worth genestealing...

Ilena
2010-07-27, 12:22 AM
Shaking her head Alice follows the others on their escapade, watching as they shoot the warden and run off screaming about fire. In her mind she thinks, "I've survived the destruction of my planet to be paired with idiots ... were doomed."

Following along behind them she browses as they look, and pipes up when she hears the list of creatures, "Perhaps we should start with a leopard? Would be nice to have a big kitty ...."

Dubious Pie
2010-07-27, 12:40 AM
"I support that."

Forevernade
2010-07-27, 12:45 AM
Glark wanders off back in the direction of the wolf den. It seems that the energy field only encloses the safety area. The entire quadrant is one large strip. Glark arrives at the den and finds a wolf outside of it staring at him. The wolf seems to have seen humanoids before, so it isn't growling yet, but it is still a wild animal, so you don't know how it will react if you go any closer.

Lycan 01
2010-07-27, 01:02 AM
Glark ponders the situation he's gotten himself into. He looks at the wolf, and leans his head from side to side trying to size up the creature. He doesn't want to hurt it, but he doesn't want to have his face chewed off either. He then comes up with an idea. With the fire axe in his right hand, ready to be used in case of an attack, he picks up a large stick in his left hand and kneels down across the clearing from the wolf, playfully wagging the stick back and forth. He hopes to attract the wolf over, and play a little tug-of-war.

Forevernade
2010-07-27, 01:28 AM
The wolf stares at Glark waving the stick and sits down as if it is bored.
Suddenly an autobot floats along the air and comes toward Glark singing, "Doom doom dooom doomdoom doooom" and pauses behind him.

The wolf stands up again and stares at the robot, slightly agitated. As Glark keeps waving the stick around the wolf perks up and walks over to the autobot. It may be that this autobot is a little bit different to the other's, and is regarded differently by the wildlife.
The wolf jumps around playfully staring at Glark, and then the autobot, waiting for something to happen, then lunges at the stick, pulling it right out of Glark's hands. The autobot swings down at the wolf and the wolf lets go of the stick and lunges for the autobot. He growls playfully, trying to get the autobot to the ground to assert it's dominance.

Lycan 01
2010-07-27, 01:33 AM
Glark looks at the stick triumphantly. "Computer, can I get DNA from saliva? Such as a stick that's been chewed upon by a wolf?" Just in case, he draws his DNA extractor and dabs the needle at some of the drool left on the stick where the wolf bit into it.

Forevernade
2010-07-27, 01:50 AM
Computer answers, "Yes Glark, saliva samples are sufficient."

The wolf finally gets the auto bot to the ground and triumphantly looks over toward you. Seeing that you have the stick back in your possession, he lunges toward you in an attempt to grapple you playfully.
[roll0] Grapple
[roll1] Attack (bites playfully)

Lycan 01
2010-07-27, 01:57 AM
Glark giggles, and while he struggles to regain his balance, he does wag the stick around for the wolf to chew on it while rubbing the wolf's back and top of his head playfully. "Who's a good boy? Who's a good wolfy? You are! Heh heh heh..."

Avoid Grapple: [roll0]
Avoid Biting: [roll1] + bonus for having a stick to distract it with?

After a few seconds of playing, if he hasn't been wrestled to the ground, Glark tosses the stick off to the side with a cry of "Fetch!" before casually walking away.

Forevernade
2010-07-27, 02:02 AM
Glark is wrestled to the ground but avoids the first bite. The wolf tries to bite him softly on the neck again, to assert his dominance over Glark.
[roll0] Attack (bites softly)
Glark is at -20 defence against the bite now he is grappled.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-27, 02:04 AM
Sputnix, having followed him, shoots with his tranc at the wolf.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Forevernade
2010-07-27, 02:10 AM
Sputnix misses the wolf.
[roll0] Less than 30 and the dart accidentally hits Glark.

Lycan 01
2010-07-27, 02:38 AM
Darts whiz past Glark, and he looks up. "Hey stop! We're just playing. If you piss him off, he'll bite my head off, though. So save your ammo, and stay calm..." Glark reasons in a surprisingly calm manner.

[roll0] to avoid biting.

Despite having his throat playfully gnawed on.

Forevernade
2010-07-27, 02:51 AM
The wolf grazes his teeth against Glarks biosuit and the teeth catch on the material and tear a small hole in it. Glark hears an urgent voice inside the suit exclaiming "Warning! Warning! Biosuit has been breached, atmospheric pressure destabilizing! Oxygen and nitrogen levels increasing!"

Glark freezes up in shock, then passes into unconsciousness...

Lycan 01
2010-07-27, 11:44 PM
Twitch twitch.

Soooo... am I dead? Or is no one going to help me? :smalleek:

Jallorn
2010-07-27, 11:50 PM
Tranq the wolf, we'll collect a sample. then someone should probably return to the ship to make sure he doesn't blow it up.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-28, 01:14 AM
Sputnix shoots the wolf with the tranc gun 2 times.

First shot:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Second shot:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Forevernade
2010-07-28, 02:19 AM
The wolf collapses on top of Glark and takes a nap. With the two shots of tranquillizer it won't wake up for a long time.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-28, 02:21 AM
Sputnix grabs a gene sample, and starts dragging Glark back towards his method of returning to the ship.

Ilena
2010-07-28, 09:41 PM
Following those that are gathering a wolf it seems, she pipes up, "So ... shall we head back, mod ourselves then come back? Or keep sampling?"

Jallorn
2010-07-29, 12:57 AM
Heading back couldn't hurt. We have what we need to no longer worry about our suits being punctured. We can get skin.

Lycan 01
2010-07-29, 01:02 AM
Glark twitches a bit.

Forevernade
2010-07-29, 03:21 AM
Glark finally passes into an unreasonably deep coma due to his comrade's complete apathy. If an observer happened to be watching his body, they would have seen his thin skin melt away and the entire body begin to deflate over a time span of a couple of minutes.

Forevernade
2010-07-29, 06:26 AM
A female wolf crawl out of the den looking for their partner and sees Sputnix lying over the unconscious body. "Grrrrrrrrr!" growls the wolf and lunges for Sputnix.

Roll against the wolf's speed to see if you can do an action against it before it gets to you!!!

[roll0] Speed

Dubious Pie
2010-07-29, 05:00 PM
Speed: [roll0].

Dubious Pie
2010-07-29, 05:01 PM
I try to tranc the wolf.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Forevernade
2010-07-29, 07:57 PM
Sputnix's quick reflexes allow him to raise his gun before the wolf gets to him. The female wolf collapses to the ground as easily as it's partner, and Sputnix takes a second sample of wolf.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-29, 07:59 PM
"Hope it's ok if I grab your gene gun, buddy? *hearty laugh*"
Sputnix grabs Glark's gene gun, then goes back to the ship.

Once back on the ship, Sputnix says "Computer, please contact all of my colleagues on the surface, and tell them to return to the ship."

Forevernade
2010-07-29, 09:11 PM
Computer says, "I have sent a message to all biosuits within projection distance of this ship. It seems there has been a casualty within biosuit no.2, Cloning Sequence Initiated.

"Please input Gene Data.

"Accessing Gene Bank:
1.Two-headed Humanoid 1 sample
2.Chameleon 1 sample
3.Ant 1 sample
4.Wolf 2 samples

"Gene Splicing software starting."

*A few minutes pass and Glark is reborn*

Everyone rolls separately for their own body, unless they dictate another character to splice for them, or they ask for the genetic sequence belonging to another player.

Start by rolling your splice skill. For this splice, that is the maximum number of attributes you can take from any one creature.
Pick a number of attributes and list the number of defects (attributes - samples) you will bare, rolling another 1d100 for every defect.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-29, 09:15 PM
Splice check: [roll0]

Dubious Pie
2010-07-29, 09:16 PM
I take:
Ant strength
Wolf fangs
Wolf Smell
Wolf Lungs
Wolf Hearing
Wolf speed
Humanoid sight
Chameleon camouflage
Chameleon Tongue

Forevernade
2010-07-29, 11:22 PM
Sputnix enters the Cloning Chamber and feels his body disintegrate, but his mind stays conscious. After a few minutes a new body is built and he begins to test his bodily functions.

Wiggling his tongue about in his mouth he can feel how stretchy it is. Testing his ability to camouflage he attempts to change his body colour, after a few seconds of conscious effort his skin turns brown, then grey, then green, then transparent... ooo! Sputnix can see his own insides (http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/chameleons-change-color.html)!

Sputnix climbs out of the chamber, finally, and suddenly collapses under the weight of his own body (http://www.ftexploring.com/think/superbugs_p2.html). Sputnix's skull caves as it hits the floor, and his body begins to shut down from pure shock. Every moment living outside the Cloning chamber is another moment of excruciating pain.

Computer chimes, "Mortal Error detected. Reverting to original sequence." A needle euthanasias the crumpled body and pulls the useless corpse back into the chamber to be re-disintegrated and remakes it in it's original form.

Lycan 01
2010-07-29, 11:32 PM
Glark staggers out of the Cloning Room, stretching his limbs and getting used to his new body. "Wow, that was in interesting experience..." he mutters. It seems the act of dying and being reborn yet again has slightly calmed his usually jumpy nerves. It may or may not have anything to do with Computer tweaking the chemical balance of his brain before finishing the cloning process. "I wonder where the rest of the team is." Almost on cue, Sputnix walks out of the Cloning Room behind him - and promptly dies in a gruesome manner. "Not to self - remember to request a skeletal structure..." Glark mutters, walking back into the Cloning Room to try his hand at Genetic Poker.

DNA roll thingy: [roll0]

Dubious Pie
2010-07-30, 12:06 AM
Sputnix, just climbing out of the cloning tube, steps back to the computer and sets a new set of genes, then returns to the chamber, and waits until the process starts.
I take (this time):
Ant exoskeleton
Wolf Major
Wolf hearing
Humanoid speech
Humanoid oposable thumbs
Chameleon camouflage
Chameleon Tongue

Lycan 01
2010-07-30, 12:59 AM
Glark approaches the Genetic Console, and inputs the combination that he desires.

Wolf Major
Wolf Hearing
Human Thumbs
Iguana Hide
Ant Bite Strength

He then takes a seat, and waits to get transmogrified.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-30, 01:02 AM
Sputnix steps out. "Ahhhhh. Much better.", he says, clenching his hand into a fist, "It turns out the only thing more painful than dying from a lack of a skeleton is the process of being cloned."

Forevernade
2010-07-30, 01:24 AM
New character sheets:

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/genebulk/characters/sputnix
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/genebulk/characters/glark

Sputnix and Glark take their first deep breaths without their biosuits. No longer dependant on their life-support technology, they can breath an oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere.

Dubious Pie
2010-07-30, 03:23 AM
"If you excuse me, I will go back to the planet."

Lycan 01
2010-07-30, 02:52 PM
Glark looks over at Sputnix, a feral look in his yellow eyes. No longer a squishy alien, he now bears the appearance of a wolf-like humanoid. A werewolf, in essence. He tilts his canine head from side to side, popping the joints of his new skeletal system. A grin spreads across his canine mouth, his Lycanthropic jaws now possessing the ungodly biting strength of an ant. Beneath the black fur that now covers his body, he sports a layer of scaley hide, thanks to the Iguana DNA the team scounged up. Before following after Sputnix, he holds up his hands and gives a big thumbs up. "Sounds like a plan," Glark-Wolf says with a throaty growl. "I'll tag along. I still wish to see the glory of Mega-Peacock..."

Dubious Pie
2010-07-30, 03:35 PM
Sputnix jumps into his transport pod and heads down to the planet.

Jallorn
2010-07-30, 09:08 PM
Splice Check: [roll0]

Jallorn
2010-07-30, 09:27 PM
I'll splice in:
Humanoid Eyes
Humanoid Skin
Wolf Hearing
Wolf Sense of Smell

Forevernade
2010-07-31, 12:41 AM
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/genebulk/characters/dr-liam

List of character sheets can be found in the 1st page of IC, in the spoiler section at the top.

Jallorn
2010-07-31, 12:51 AM
Liam emerges from the cloning machine. He is distinctly more human, with pink skin and all. With a deep breath that he enjoys immensely, Liam begins to discover his new body. His ears are now higher on his head, and pointed like a dog's, though still hairless, and quite red when a light shines behind them. His nose, too isn't quite human, being instead rather shorter than most, and slightly darker in coloration, though not so much that it stands out. Stretching, Liam takes on a contemplative expression. Computer, I feel stronger than I expected, analyze.

Forevernade
2010-07-31, 01:09 AM
"Dr Liam," Computer chimes, "it seems you have accidentally inhibited the myostatin gene within the human section of your DNA sequences. Myostatin is a muscle growth inhibiting beta-protein. It regulates the amount of muscle grown on a person's frame, according to hormonal responses dictated by nutrition, physical activity and environmental interaction.

"Without Myostatin your body is drawing nutrients from your skeletal structure to upkeep muscular hypertrophy. As a result your bones are particularly brittle.

"With a muscular volume of up to 3 times larger than normal, your skeletal system is suffering from iron deficiency, alpha protein decay, and a number of other problems are occurring that prevent proper calcium absorption."

Jallorn
2010-07-31, 01:23 AM
Is there a Bio-coctail of some kind to prevent further damage? Something that will last me until I can fix it in my next update?

Forevernade
2010-07-31, 01:33 AM
This particular genetic disorder is not lethal. Unfortunately I do not have the data to help you.

Lycan 01
2010-07-31, 02:59 AM
Glark goes to swing at Dr. Liam, but stops his fist just short of hitting the other alien's lower back. A crooked grin decorates his wolfen features, and Glark chuckles. "I'm just kidding, doctor. Its not like I'm the kind of guy to leave a crippled teammate to die..." he says with a wink, before turning to go find his drop-pod.

Jallorn
2010-07-31, 10:22 AM
So long as this ship stands and we can be reborn, I have no qualms of choosing the more expedient option, for myself as well.

Lycan 01
2010-07-31, 08:23 PM
Once he arrives back at the planet, Glark decides to look around for anything interesting. "Doomy Doomy?" he growls, his voice gruff and throaty. "Where'd ya go, little guy?"

He begins to wander the zoo, looking around to see what sort of animals or zoo patrons he comes across while looking for Doomy Doomy.

Dubious Pie
2010-08-01, 12:10 PM
Computer, Where is the nearest nest of Hydrophis belcheri?

Forevernade
2010-08-04, 04:43 AM
Computer seems to delay his response for a moment.

"Sir, you would be best asking a guide bot down on the surface for your immediate query. Unfortunately you may not get a chance, as I have detected the Giant Space Worms coming for our current location. It seems that they have been following the reminiscent trail of Shalp-9-beta waves produced by our hyper drives. Having gotten a taste of our home planet, it seems you are still on the menu for now!"

Dubious Pie
2010-08-04, 05:52 PM
"Yeah, I'm running away now." Sputnix heads back to the ship.

Lycan 01
2010-08-04, 06:05 PM
"RRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!!!!" Glark shrieks, sprinting as fast as his canine legs can carry him. He runs back to the landing pad, then stops. "Oops. Forgot something..." he mutters, quickly jogging back down the path towards the security office.

A few moments later, he comes running back, an antique shotgun cradled in one arm, and Doomy Doomy the robot hugged under his other arm like a football. "RRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!" he screams, before diving into his Drop Pod and fumbling with the controls to get airborne.

Jallorn
2010-08-04, 08:48 PM
Computer, do you have remote termination and respawn capabilities?

Forevernade
2010-08-04, 11:03 PM
Computer:

"I can respawn you from your last quantum signature input. To input a quantum signature you must be present at the gene-bank terminal within the ship. In a literal sense you can be respawned remotely, but some information will be missing without retrieving the chip that is currently in the back of your head. This has already once happened to Glark, and his chip was retreived, so there was no missing data.
"I suggest that we start travelling to a different star system before the giant worms arrive. We now know that they can track our travel, though we should be able to keep several steps ahead of them if we stay on the move. Their tracking process is quite slow, and they cannot travel as fast as us."

Jallorn
2010-08-04, 11:22 PM
Computer, get the others up here as fast as possible please, and then plot a course for several uninhabited planets, let's say twenty-one, and travel to each of them. While we're traveling, myself, and my companions, will debate where to go from the twenty-first planet.

Lycan 01
2010-08-04, 11:31 PM
"I like that plan," Glark nods in agreement inside of his drop pod as it flies back up towards the ship. "Oh, and I got a pet..." he randomly points out, patting Doomy Doomy on top of its metallic chasis.

Dubious Pie
2010-08-05, 01:18 AM
"I love that plan, especially the not dying part. I like that so much better than a painful death." While the ship maneuvers, Sputnix tries to set up a D&D group on the ship.

Jallorn
2010-08-05, 01:27 AM
"I love that plan! Especially the not dying part." While the ship maneuvers, Sputnix tries to set up a D&D group on the ship.

Ok, I think that's a liiiitle too... zany. Could you reel it in a little bit?

Forevernade
2010-08-05, 02:06 AM
Computer joins in the game of Denizens and Dangers, promptly and perfectly optimizing a character, winning the game. Computer is re-challenged several times, and the crew stop playing after a while when they realise they can't win against the cold calculations.

Several minutes later they arrive at their first uninhabited planet, rest a few minutes, then spring to the next.
It takes about an hour for the ship to do it's rounds, crossing the solar system in a strange pattern to maximize interstellar obstacles for the worms to cross, such as Molar Winds, Cactus Warp Funnels and Singularity Dilation interference fields.

Finally they come to rest at the last uninhabited planet, a glowing blue helium planet on the outer arm of the Galaxy.

Dubious Pie
2010-08-05, 02:09 AM
We should go to the Left 4 Dead world.

Lycan 01
2010-08-05, 02:53 AM
"What was the name of that planet that got overrun by mutant zombies?" the Lycanthropic Glark asks, polishing the double-barrel shotgun he liberated from the security office before fleeing the planet. "Galactic Security just kinda left it for dead, if I recall correctly. I read some of the news reports - there were some big baddie monsters mixed in with the zombies. There were also a few remnants of the populace holding out with scavenged gear and weapons, last I read up on it. Maybe we should go check it out? Y'know, get some more equipment, and maybe get some of that mutant zombie DNA..."

Glark then looks at Doomy Doomy. "Computer, can you run a diagnostic scan on Doomy Doomy here? Just to make sure he still isn't wired into the Zoo planet's security system or anything. Don't need him buggin' out when the planet gets-"

Glark suddenly jumps to his feet and screams. "CONDEMNATION I NEVER GOT TO THE SEE THE FRICKIN MEGA-PEACOCKS THIS SUCKS THIS SUCKS THIS SUCKS!!!" he rages, kicking a chair clear across the room. He then sits back down, and exhales deeply. "Phew... I feel a bit better now."

Jallorn
2010-08-05, 09:03 AM
Undead hardly seem like a good idea just yet. Perhaps a trip to a little planet that seems to attract far more attention than you'd expect. I know a very helpful person called Goku. Not much of a conversationalist, but I'm sure he'd be glad to help us.

Lycan 01
2010-08-07, 02:23 AM
"What about that planet where all the little animals can shoot lasers and stuff at each other? Y'know, like little yellow rats that can shoot lightning bolts with their mind. They only fight each other though, so we could literally just walk up, beat them with a stick, steal their DNA, and leave..." Glark explains, a crooked grin flashing across his canine features.

I think Pokemon would be more promising than DBZ. We can't take a Saiyan. But we can take a Pikachu. :smallamused:

Jallorn
2010-08-07, 02:32 AM
My friend Goku would be more than willing to let us take a sample of his DNA, he can also then move his world to safety and mask our trail from the worms, at least temporarily. The particular artifacts are, unfortunately, not an option for us. Goku does have two sons, both of which have incredible potential from their gene's as well. There's his friend Vegeta as well, who, depending on how we sell it, might or might not agree to letting us take a sample.

I still think that simply walking up to Goku and asking him would work. Also, I'm placing them shortly after the Buu saga, because that seems like a good place.

Lycan 01
2010-08-07, 02:54 AM
"Hmmmmm. I suppose it can't hurt. I wonder if they have any good food..." Glark mutters, patting his belly.

Lets crash the World Tournament! :smallbiggrin:

Jallorn
2010-08-07, 12:12 PM
Is everyone agreed on this then?

We could land on top of Cell. He'd probably survive though.

Forevernade
2010-08-19, 07:13 PM
Whilst the group bickers over where they want to go next the computer hums silently. Faster-than-light waves flood the galaxy as another ship, far off in the distance jumps into hyperspace. Computer jumps awake the moment it detects them, and warns it's passengers immediately.

"Excuse me, it seems that there is another ship alive possessing the ability to hyper-jump. Considering the circumstances of the GSW attack, it is highly likely you are not the only survivers of your kind. It seems the Ruther vectors are showing me that this mysterious ship has jumped to 69.MI.*702n4P. If you would like I can follow them to the Planet Namek, which is close by one of the earth-like planets you were considering visiting next?"

Lycan 01
2010-08-19, 07:23 PM
"Sure, why not?" Glark shrugs, toying with his new shotgun while Doomy Doomy flutters around him carrying a small tray of tools in its little robotic manipulators.

Forevernade
2010-08-19, 07:32 PM
The ship jumps into hyperspace and then stutters with a loud clang. The cool multicoloured lightshow outside the ship's windows halts and turns a dead but blinding white. After a moment the electronic-shades activate on the windows to stop the blinding effect, and computer begins to speak.

"There seems to be a problem with one of the rotracitors in the engine bay. We are currently drifting uncontrollably through hyperspace, so I would suggest a quick team effort in changing over the rotracitor in sub section 4. The spare parts can be found in the store room.

"Normally this ship model comes with two maintenance drones, but it seems one of the drones is missing and the other is broken."

Jallorn
2010-08-19, 07:35 PM
Glark, let me see that robot of yours, I think I can make him operate as a repair drone.

What checks should I make?

Lycan 01
2010-08-19, 08:11 PM
"Alright, sure..." Glark nods, allowing Doomy to fly over towards the mechanically inclined alien.

Forevernade
2010-08-19, 08:25 PM
A thin line appears in the middle of the ship, like a heavenly thread of white. As the group looks up and down the line, they realise it is being made by a hologram projector in the corners of the room.

"Warning," says Computer, "The line I have illuminated using the holographic projection system is a tracer line of Sudokum. Because the ship is no longer in rotation, the mode of navigation through Hyperspace, it is no longer protected from the quantum fluctuations within Hyperspace. Only by travelling with constant angular acceleration can an appropriate feild be created that stops this ship being sliced in half by Sudokum tracers.

Please stay away from the line at all costs. I suggest we repair the ship's rotracitor quickly, as quantum probability predicts a new tracer line will likely pass through our ship every 3 minutes.

Sudokum tracers will degenerate any standard-type matter they touch almost instantly."

Another white tracer line appears in the ship, cutting the main room in half diagonally.

"Remain calm," says the computer blankly, as an alarm begins to warble in the background.

Jallorn
2010-08-19, 08:32 PM
Computer, pull us out of hyperspace while we make repairs.

Forevernade
2010-08-19, 11:51 PM
"I'm sorry, Liam. I'm afraid I can't do that." says Computer, "From within hyperspace, there are only exact points at which we can enter and exit realspace. The only way we could leave hyperspace now is if you manually rotated the ship yourself, or fixed the rotracitor. I would assume you cannot..."

Vvtsinnggggg. Another line is illuminated as another tracer line flies through the ship.

"...cannot rotate the ship manually yourself without an ingenius means."

You hear a crashing in the engine room.

planswalker
2010-08-20, 12:56 AM
A hissing sound can be heard from the cloning bay. A few seconds later, another unaugmented member of your race walks out the doors, his external suit transmitting his thought waves to the rest.

Howdy y'all! what'd I miss? My alarm to wake me from clone-sleep seems to have been broken as we left our home world.

Lycan 01
2010-08-20, 01:06 AM
Glark looks over at the accented member of his race. "Yo..." he nods. "I'm Glark. I used to be hyper. Then I got killed by wolves. Now I am a wolf. ISN'T THAT AWESOME?!" he exclaims, momentarily spazzing out.

He then has to duck a laser.

"Wow..." Glark mutters, looking at the neatly bissected table he was just sitting at. "Maybe we need to focus more on this messed up generator thing... Maybe, just maybe, I can fix it..." the alien mutters, deep in thought as he ponders his options.

Then after a few seconds of silence, he raises his shotgun to the sky and screams, "WITH MY BOOMSTICK!!!"

He then runs off towards the damaged machinery, ducking weird space lasers as he goes, intent to accomplish his likely-stupid mission.

Jallorn
2010-08-20, 04:40 PM
What should we roll for fixing stuff?

Forevernade
2010-08-20, 10:50 PM
Glark ducks underneath a tracer line and trots toward the engine room holding his boom stick high. Jumping around the corner excitedly he looks for something broken or strange, and his eyes rest on a small cybernetic dog (http://fwd.five.tv/upload/0009/5355/Robo-dog_size_10.jpg).
The dog is black, smooth, and has small sections of robotic wiring exposed all over it's body. Small tube like limbs protrude from it's back each holding a combitool and some kind of electronic manipulator. The dog barks, and disappears through a hole in the side of the engine room. The hole has obviously been freshly burnt open by some kind of speed grinder or heat source, as melted plasti-steel still drips from along the circumference.

Glark and Liam take in the state of the engine room. There is another hole burnt through the chassis of the engine and something broken inside is smoking.

planswalker
2010-08-21, 12:22 AM
Sorentis wonders how badly over-spliced the wolf must be to be in such a bad state.

He follows along. When he gets to the engine room, he emits a mindscream.

What in the name of tarnation did you do to my engine room?

He immediately begins to go about fixing the problem with the rotracitors. He will then see about patching the hole in his engine room.

let a hyperdrive engineer oversleep for a little bit and the whole ship is on the verge of chaos. How in the world did these lilly-livered scalawags survive without me?

Lycan 01
2010-08-21, 12:41 AM
"DOGGIE!!" Glark exclaims, running over to the hole the robo-canine dissappeared through and peeking into it. "Where'd you go, doggie?!"

Forevernade
2010-08-21, 04:28 AM
Sorentis peers into the hold burnt into the rotracitor compartment and studies the component. At first it looks to be perfectly fine, so he dislodges the rotracitor and finds an injection site where it must have been tampered with. After a few minutes he spots a shorted component, and using his modified scanner he tidies up the circuit and plugs it back in.

Computer says "Congratulations, the rotracitor is back online. Unfortunately to continue through hyperspace we must continue to rotate the ship, but in the state we are in at the moment the ship will be sliced apart by the tracers the moment we begin to move. In the store room there are several anti-tracer tabs, which must be applied to any surface that a tracer is passing through, to disconnect the tracer line from it's celestial body. When this is done, the tracers should disappear and we can start travelling again."

Vshoump. A small tracer line slices through the air and into Dr Liam's shoulder, disintegrating the flesh around it instantly.

Glark hears rattling along the vents in the wall as the cybernetic dog escapes into the darkness.

Jallorn
2010-08-21, 01:37 PM
Liam yells in pain, then says, I can make this painless and repair all damage with one action, but it'll mean I'll be out of commission for about 5 minutes. Not waiting for a reply, Liam twists his body swiftly, severing his brain with the tracer line.

Lycan 01
2010-08-21, 01:53 PM
"Tracer tabs, eh?" Glark looks up, curiousity in his canine eyes. He then raises his shotgun and exclaims "TALLY HOOOO!!" before jogging off to find the storage room.

planswalker
2010-08-22, 10:30 AM
Sorentis heads over to the storage room and collects tracer tabs. He then works with the wolf to apply them wherever a line has crossed the ship.

Forevernade
2010-08-25, 10:59 PM
The group spreads out across the ship placing tracer tabs on the sections of the ship where tracers protrude from. If you weren't all high level engineers it would seem like magic, that the tracers (so deadly that it cut through a table, the ship hull, and Liam's shoulder instantly) disappear the moment the tab interacts with it.

With the ship repaired and airlocked once again, the ship begins to rotate and complete it's journey through hyperspace. The electronic curtains on the ship re-open and the brightly coloured kaleidoscope outside flashes wildly.

FSHhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The airlock opens and you have touched down next to a ship that looks identical in every way to the ship you are standing in right now. You have finally made contact with another person of your race. On Planet Namek.

Fable Wright
2010-08-25, 11:01 PM
Hi. He says. Welcome to planet Namek.

planswalker
2010-08-27, 07:17 PM
Howdy! I am Sorentis. I can see that you are also a survivor from our homeworld. What brings you out here?

Fable Wright
2010-08-27, 07:30 PM
Eh, this and that. When the space worms attacked, I got in the nearest space pod and jettisoned into space. The tracking device malfunctioned, and I landed in Namek. Here, I managed to isolate a gene for regeneration. Quite useful, but it causes cancer half the time. You get it by disabling the p21 gene.

Lycan 01
2010-08-27, 07:32 PM
"Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..." the large wolfman croons from nearby. "My name is Glark. And this... is my boomstick!" he grins, hefting his prized shotgun. "Regeneration, eh? Sounds nice. Cancer, eh? Sounds not nice..."

Jallorn
2010-08-27, 07:34 PM
Well, let's take advantage of our location while we're here and pick up some samples. You sound very much like me, by the way. I'm not sure why, but it's a little annoying.

Fable Wright
2010-08-27, 07:35 PM
I've been here a while, so I can manage to reform without getting cancer at all. It's my area of expertise, if you will. So, what brings you to Namek? (That was to Lycan01; you ninja'd me, there. But they are, after all, different shades of green.)

planswalker
2010-08-27, 07:37 PM
We are looking for genomes to modify ourselves with and were on our way to a nearby planet when we picked up your ship. We went to investigate.

It would be nice to have a pair of lungs and be able to move under my own power. I woke up late from cryo and missed our first stop over.

Now then, do we know where the nearest settlement is from here?

edit: responding to the ninja

Fable Wright
2010-08-27, 07:38 PM
About two miles that way. He points in the direction of the nearest city, whose outline is still visible over the horizon.

planswalker
2010-08-27, 07:39 PM
Any reason not to leave right now?

Fable Wright
2010-08-27, 07:41 PM
Not particularly.

Lycan 01
2010-08-27, 07:43 PM
"Tally ho!" Glark exclaims, running for the door.

planswalker
2010-08-27, 07:46 PM
Sorentis then leaves immediately to begin walking to the city. Sadly, his suit makes him quite a bit slower than his augmented comrades and they rather easily can catch up to him.

Forevernade
2010-08-29, 02:47 AM
The group heads off down a natural pathway toward the city. Looking at the sky the group can see two suns, one which is is setting, and one that is a quarter part across the sky. It is so... hot. By the time the city comes into view the group are breathing heavily and fatigued. The only exception is Sorentis, who's biosuit is autoregulating his body's metabolism perfectly, and the unnamed Namikan looking friend, who seems to have adapted to the weather.

Wiping a brow, someone hears something...

Roll for perception.

Lycan 01
2010-08-29, 03:21 AM
"Eh? Wassat?"

Perception: [roll0]

Forevernade
2010-08-29, 04:31 AM
73+80=153

Glark's ears perk up, and his exceptional hearing picks up a vibration. Sounds like stomping. Heavy stomping.

Jallorn
2010-08-29, 10:42 AM
Perception: [roll0]

I attack the darkness with magic missile.

Forevernade
2010-08-29, 09:37 PM
Jallorn can hear the stomping too. A low rumbling... probably from something with two legs that weighs between 5 and 10 tonnes. Holey moley! It is probably a while off though, good thing for your hearing you have sensed it before it got close. The shrubbery around you is blocking your view of most of the surrounding plains, so you cant see anything yet.

planswalker
2010-08-31, 12:18 AM
[roll0]

So, buddy who's lived here for a while, know what that noise is?

Fable Wright
2010-08-31, 11:41 AM
It's probably just a dinosaur. They would definitely provide good DNA samples, but at the cost of most likely being eaten alive.

Jallorn
2010-08-31, 11:42 AM
We can send in Glark.

Forevernade
2010-08-31, 01:28 PM
*stomp stomp stomp stomp*

What is everyone doing? Hiding/Fighting/sending in Glark then hiding...?

planswalker
2010-08-31, 11:09 PM
Sorentis will try to hide. He knows that for now, he is extra-squishy.

Forevernade
2010-09-06, 05:25 AM
A huuuuuuge T-rex 7 meters tall comes storming across the plains and crashes through the group of trees you were hiding amongst. Trailing the beast, a pair of green humanoids each wielding a sword, wearing blue pants, spring out of nowhere, chopping wildly at it's tail.

"Hahahaha" one of the Namekans giggles in glee, as he bounces off Glark's head toward the dinosaur.
"Wow!" faceplanting the ground the giggling Namekan stops in his path and lets his brother chase the dinosaur away. He looks the group up and down.
"Who are you? And what are you doing here?" he says cautiously.

planswalker
2010-09-06, 11:09 AM
Sorentis steps out of hiding and says, Howdy! we are travelers from a distant planet. We seek to better ourselves by learning from your planet and possibly taking a sample or 2 of the various genetic traits unique to this world. I am Sorentis. Who might you be?

Lycan 01
2010-09-06, 11:54 AM
Glark leers down at the Namekian who just jumped off his head. "Why did you just jump off my head?" he asks, completely ignoring the T-Rex that walked by.

Jallorn
2010-09-06, 12:13 PM
Please, ignore Glark, I do. Actually, we are fleeing space worms, giant, planet devouring monsters. They should be a long time arriving, but before that happens, I advise you use the dragonballs to hide your planet. We are attempting to fight them, and that is why we ask for some genetic samples, so that we can improve our biological code.

Forevernade
2010-09-06, 01:54 PM
"Oh! I am really sorry about that," the Namekan tosses the sword around in his left hand casually, "When you are chasing a dinosaur it is kind of hard to see where you are going. I thought you were a tree stump at first! Though, curiously you are like nothing I have ever seen before..."

The comical sound of the T-rex warbling in pain is heard in the distance.

"Ah, looks like we have dino-tail for lunch. Do you guys eat meat? Giant Space Worms ey? That sounds scary! Well we don't have the the dragon balls for another few months. What is a genetic sample? I dont understand that terminology."

planswalker
2010-09-06, 04:26 PM
A genetic sample is a part of your dna. It has the guideline for how your body does what it does. Ours have lost almost all but the most basic plans, and we seek to reinforce ourselves by collecting these plans from other species. The process is quite harmless and is no more painful than a prick on the arm. Might I have a sample from you and the great beast you just felled?

Forevernade
2010-09-14, 06:06 PM
The other Namekan walks up the clearing toward the group holding a large slice of dino-tail.

The first Namekan says "We don't normally eat meat, we can synthasize the sun and we eat mostly plants, but my brother and I, here, like to eat meat to celebrate our martial arts training."
Oh hey Sort, come meet some people. They are from another planet which got eaten by Giant Space Worms."
The other Namikan speaks, "I heard something about taking our body's plans? Stay be careful, Bark, remember that one time Captain Ginu came to Namek with his Body Change technique? I wouldn't trust these guys for a moment they are going to steal your body!"

Jallorn
2010-09-14, 06:13 PM
You misunderstand. First, we have no intention of any theft... or at least, I don't. Second, hmmm... This is a bit of a long explanation, so hold on. The body of any living creature is created by genes, which are microscopic pieces of chemicals that tell other chemicals what to make and do. We can take a copy of the genes, leaving the originals unharmed, and use the information we glean from that copy to modify our own genes.

Fable Wright
2010-09-14, 06:14 PM
It doesn't steal your body. We copy small parts of it, and then add them to our bodies. Your body remains completely unharmed. We just learn a bit more about you, and can mimic some of your powers. You still stay you, and we still stay us. He says, translating into simple speech.

Lycan 01
2010-09-14, 06:21 PM
"I wonder what souls taste like..." Glark mutters idly, staring off into space while only half-listening to the conversation.

Jallorn
2010-09-14, 06:25 PM
Liam smacks Glark, hard.

Lycan 01
2010-09-14, 06:27 PM
Glark shoots Liam a dirty look. "What wassat for?"

Jallorn
2010-09-14, 06:29 PM
Being an idiot.

Forevernade
2010-09-14, 09:13 PM
Sort glares at you suspiciously, his narrow and angular features creating shadows on his face despite the sun. "Ah... Right. Well, we will want something in return, right? Prove to us that you have the right intentions and we will give you "a DNA". Still sounds like something Ginu would think up, but you seem alright. As long as you aren't here to steal the dragonballs, or enslave the Namekans or something crazy like that. We have had a lot of evil happen around our planet this last century."

Bark points a finger to the air in a dramatic geasture. "Why don't we send them to Young Guru Moori? He's our new guru Namekan since the passing of our old Guru. He can better judge the purity of their hearts." Bark glows at the idea.

planswalker
2010-09-14, 09:21 PM
I relish the chance to prove ourselves. We are refugees seeking to better ourselves so that the world-destroyers cannot bully us any longer. We have no intention on becoming like the very ones who destroyed our world.