PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get that thing where...

Vorpalbob
2010-07-26, 05:45 AM
...you haven't seen/read/heard a movie/book/song in so long you begin to doubt its existence?

I remember (or at least I think I do) having, as a kid, this video cassette of Spider-Man cartoons. One of the episodes on that cassette had an alternate-universe story in which multiple Spider-Men from parallel universes have to work together to stop the Kingpin's latest plot. Each was distinctly different. One had a metal suit like Iron Man, in lieu of powers, but with a spider aesthetic. One had six natural arms. One had stolen Doc Oc's mechanical arms (or built his own; same result). One, despite being Peter Parker in his universe and wearing a Spider-Man costume, had no powers what so ever and seemed confused (more so than the rest, that is).

A specific fragment I remember is the Kingpin seeing the group on a security monitor, and being confused and enraged.

Did I actually have that tape? Does this episode actually exist, or was it just an elaborate dream?

Share your own similar tales.

Ichneumon
2010-07-26, 05:51 AM
The episode exists, it was one of my favorites.

It had a spiderman that was partly dr octopus, a spiderman that was like man-spider, a spiderman that was like you said like Iron man (I believe they were eventually fighting in his dimension), if I can even find a dvd of that episode, I'll be a happy man.

Ichneumon
2010-07-26, 05:57 AM
Oh, I found the episode: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_Wars

Vorpalbob
2010-07-26, 06:02 AM
I just found basically that same article on the Marvel Universe site.

Hah! I'm not crazy! However, I MUST HAVE IT!

Ichneumon
2010-07-26, 06:08 AM
It seems they never released it on dvd...

Vorpalbob
2010-07-26, 06:20 AM
It seems they never released it on dvd...

:smallfrown:

X2
2010-07-26, 07:08 AM
Creepy. I saw this episode just the other day. And you bring it up. What a coinky dink.

Closet_Skeleton
2010-07-26, 07:28 AM
Wasn't Spider Carnage the main villain of that story, not Kingpin?

It was the last episode of that series as far as I can remember.

Fri
2010-07-26, 07:42 AM
And I distinctly remember that one of the spiderman is just an actor from our universe, and mainline spidey meets stan lee at some point.

Prime32
2010-07-26, 08:51 AM
Wasn't Spider Carnage the main villain of that story, not Kingpin?

It was the last episode of that series as far as I can remember.More like last arc. It happened right after the Secret Wars.

Spider-Carnage was the villain (and was actually an alternate Peter Parker, despite having Ben Reilly's Spider-Man costume while bonded with the symbiote). He tricks one version of the Kingpin into helping him at one point though.

Makensha
2010-07-26, 08:56 AM
Marvel's website hosts a lot of episodes from old shows they had. They might have that episode up. I know they at least have the earlier episodes from the 199(4?) Spider Man cartoon up, so it might be there.

Obrysii
2010-07-26, 09:13 AM
Yes!

There was a show I watched - a cartoon - as a kid. I swear it was on the same tape that had my copy of Puff the Magic Dragon.

It was about a monster in a basement, but he really wasn't a monster. I don't know its title, character names, or anything. I don't know if it even exists, or if I'd even recognize it today.

SITB
2010-07-26, 11:20 AM
t hink TvTropes has a whole page for dredging up forgotten shows/episodes/films/whatever. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.Youknowthatshow)

Dr.Epic
2010-07-26, 02:58 PM
I saw Troll 2 when I was really young and then saw it again when I was a teenager and realized...

A) Hey! This movie looks familiar!
B) Hey! This movie sure is stupid!

Giggling Ghast
2010-07-26, 03:23 PM
Wasn't Spider-Carnage the main villain of that story, not Kingpin?

Yes. Although he was using the resources of an alternate universe Kingpin to destroy all other realities.

Ichneumon
2010-07-26, 03:54 PM
I just saw the episodes on Youtube, it's amazing the nostalgia...

chiasaur11
2010-07-26, 04:35 PM
Yup.

But I have developed through long years of study I tend to be right, so the doubt has decreased.

Drascin
2010-07-26, 05:10 PM
Yeah. In fact, I've had this image in my mind about something I'm pretty sure I read as a kid, but by now I'm no longer sure whether I read it or it was just something I imagined and wrote myself.

It involves I think two kids, in some kind of strange city, probably something in another dimension or something - the kids are certainly lost and need something to guide them. They end up in some kind of temple full of molten gold falling on the walls in cascades. They speak to some obstructive priest thing in there, but I don't quite remember how the conversation goes. The image has stayed with me because the place's description was just so vivid, I actually just remember the mind image it gave me, with the cascades of molten metal all around the stone bridge.

I have the certainty a dagger or similar of some kind was important in the book, too - probably the macguffin? I dunno. Agh. :smallmad:

Makensha
2010-07-27, 02:50 PM
There's some movie I don't remember, but I do remember several characters having hallucinations, including one where a kid was held down by meat while walking deserts jumped into his mouth.

Tyrant
2010-07-27, 03:09 PM
There's some movie I don't remember, but I do remember several characters having hallucinations, including one where a kid was held down by meat while walking deserts jumped into his mouth.

That sounds like Watson in Young Sherlock Holmes (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090357/) after they are hit by darts from the Egyptian cultists that contain some kind of drug.

AgentofOdd
2010-07-27, 03:26 PM
Is that the story arc that happened after Madame Web dumped a bunch of villains into an utopian world to test how Parker would solve the problem?

Tyrant
2010-07-27, 03:33 PM
Is that the story arc that happened after Madame Web dumped a bunch of villains into an utopian world to test how Parker would solve the problem?
Yeah. That was Madame Web and the Beyonder who did that and it was a test of some sort (I think, it's been a while) for Spider Man before they sent him after Spider Carnage from an alternate reality.

Makensha
2010-07-27, 04:17 PM
That sounds like Watson in Young Sherlock Holmes (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090357/) after they are hit by darts from the Egyptian cultists that contain some kind of drug.

That's the one. Thanks!

AgentofOdd
2010-07-27, 04:46 PM
Yeah. That was Madame Web and the Beyonder who did that and it was a test of some sort (I think, it's been a while) for Spider Man before they sent him after Spider Carnage from an alternate reality.Ah, thanks. I should finish that series someday.

The Tygre
2010-07-27, 08:49 PM
Happened to me and Thief and the Cobbler. I was so happy when I found it on YouTube one day.

Demons_eye
2010-07-27, 10:01 PM
I have this about this show about monsters. The main thing was these kids made monsters out of this random things using this machine while trying to keep it from the villain. One monster was made of ropes or somthing and had four arms.

Obrysii
2010-08-01, 09:21 PM
In kindergarten, we watched a movie about a young whale - and he wanted to meet Moby ****, who in this was some kind of folk-legend.

It was years ago, of course, so I don't know the plot. I just know that we had to stop about 3/4 of the way through and we were told we'd finish it the next day and we never did.

So now I have lived for almost two decades wanting to know the name of this animated feature.

Glad_Vampyre
2010-08-01, 09:38 PM
I remember watching a cartoon verson of the X-men with them as teens... I told one of my friends that i remembered this and he (being an X-men fan) said there was no such thing. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Grumman
2010-08-01, 10:11 PM
I remember watching a cartoon verson of the X-men with them as teens... I told one of my friends that i remembered this and he (being an X-men fan) said there was no such thing. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?
X-Men: Evolution?