PDA

View Full Version : Invocations [3.5]

Santra
2010-07-26, 10:40 AM
Hey everyone I am playing a fighter that is going to start taking levels of Warlock. Can anyone tell me what some good least invocations are? I cannot decide on what one to choose.

Optimystik
2010-07-26, 10:42 AM
Have you read the Warlock Handbook? (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2915.0) Post 4 gives a run-down on the invocations and their usefulness.

Santra
2010-07-26, 10:47 AM
No I had not. Thanks! I just decided today that I wanted to do this because of storyline reasons and haven't looked much into it except for reading Complete Arcane.

Lysander
2010-07-26, 11:15 AM
Baleful utterance is a favorite one of mine. Shatter objects all day long. It lets you royally screw over anyone using a non-magical weapon.

See the Unseen is also handy if your DM throws a lot of invisible creatures at you, plus darkvision is always useful.

DragoonWraith
2010-07-26, 11:17 AM
Summon Swarm at level 1 is sick.

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-26, 11:29 AM
Eldritch Glaive (from Dragon Magic) could work pretty well for a Fighter/Warlock.

Kurald Galain
2010-07-26, 11:52 AM
Baleful Utterance is definitely the most versatile of the bunch. There's almost no limits to the stuff you can break :smallbiggrin:

Keld Denar
2010-07-26, 12:19 PM
I'm gonna agree with Eldrich Glaive. Depending on how many fighter levels you already have, you could walk into this thing with 1-2 iteratives. If your DM allows PAing with the Glaive, its like having permanent Wraithstrike. Sure, you won't get any neato weapon enhancements, but you are getting the scaling EB damage which kinda makes up for that.

EDIT: Baring that, See the Unseen is pretty darned good. Combine that with a Lesser+ Weapon Crystal of Revelation and you'll be able to smack fools that you can see, and light them up so that your allies can see them too.

Draz74
2010-07-26, 12:19 PM
Baleful Utterance is definitely the most versatile of the bunch. There's almost no limits to the stuff you can break :smallbiggrin:

Depends strongly on what definition of "solid" your DM uses. (I think a lot of DMs will go by likely RAI, where "solid" should have been "rigid" instead.)

Don't get me wrong, it's quite a useful Invocation even with a strict interpretation. But not ridiculously so.