PDA

View Full Version : Traveller rules questions

Chiron0224
2010-07-26, 11:14 AM
So I've just gotten my hands on mongoose traveller and so far it seems pretty awesome. I'm just a little confused about a couple of things. First of all with initiative being modified by player actions during the fight when does the modifier change, i.e. is initiative static and changed permanently by things like dodging/parrying/hastening. Or is it dynamic and rolled anew every round with the modifier from the previous rounds doge/parry?

Tiki Snakes
2010-07-26, 03:26 PM
never really got round to running or playing it, so my knowledge is pretty hazy.

I recall believing it was the former, with your initiative changing and remaining changed based upon your actions. (So you have the choice to for example, keep swinging away and go later each time, or drop a rounds worth of swing to try and jump a little up the scale).

Assuming this is the case, perhaps those little magnetic initiative boards could prove helpfull?

Chiron0224
2010-07-27, 09:20 AM
for sure. Where I saw the problem was when I ran a little combat with on my own(to learn the combat system before running any players through it). Essentially, the combatants kept dodging(since not dodging the incoming, point blank, shotgun blast, when you aren't wearing any armor, isn't really an option) and before the end the initiatives were starting to bottom out. Either way really, the initiative board would be extremely useful.