PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga Help

Exthalion
2010-07-26, 02:06 PM
Hello, I am going to play my first SAGA game in a few days. I will put the character stats at the bottom. While it is too late to change any of them, can anyone offer advice on how to proceed from here? I was thinking of going into Force Disciple at the first opportunity but I am not certain.

Thank you for any help anyone might offer.

CL 8

Medium Shard Jedi 7/Force adept 1
Force 10, Strong in the Force
Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Use the Force +18
Languages Aing-Tii, Basic, Binary

Defenses Ref 19 (flat-footed 18), Fort 22, Will 27; Instinctive Defense
hp 86; second wind +21/43, move +1 step up condition track; Threshold 22

Speed 6 squares (walking)
Melee lightsaber +7 (2d8+3) or
Melee club +6 (1d6+3)
Ranged by weapon +8
Base Atk +7; Grp +8
Special Actions Folded Space Mastery
Force Powers Known (Use The Force +18) cloak, enlighten, farseeing, fold space, Force whirlwind, kinetic combat, levitate, mind trick, move object, negate energy, phase, rebuke

Abilities Str 8, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 20, Cha 18
Special Qualities build lightsaber, droid shell
Talents Folded Space Mastery, Force Harmony, Force Perception, Force Pilot, Mystical Link
Feats Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Instinctive Defense, Recovering Surge, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Strong in the Force, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, simple weapons)
Primary Skills Acrobatics +8, Climb +1, Endurance +2, Initiative +3, Jump +1, Knowledge (galactic lore) +10, Perception +11 (may Use the Force +18 instead), Pilot +5 (may Use the Force +18 instead), Stealth +3, Swim +1, Use the Force +18
Secondary Skills Deception +8, Gather Information +8, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +5, Knowledge (life sciences) +5, Knowledge (physical sciences) +5, Knowledge (social sciences) +5, Knowledge (tactics) +5, Knowledge (technology) +5, Mechanics +5, Persuasion +8, Ride +5, Survival +9, Treat Injury +9, Use Computer +5
Systems walking locomotion, 2 hand appendages, improved sensor package, vocabulator, tail appendage, durasteel plating (+6 armor), vocabulator
Possessions club (integrated), credit chip, energy cell, lightsaber

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-07-26, 02:18 PM
If you are going to be a shard focusing on melee combat might I suggest upping your Str as opposed to your Dex and then taking the droid smash talents as opposed to one of the others. There is also the shard only force tradition that has good things in it but it seems more that you prefer other things. But if you are going to be bonking things a lot then go with the droid smash. If you are only going to be using force powers anyways then it looks pretty good to me.

Exthalion
2010-07-26, 02:21 PM
It is mostly a force power using build. If it appears okay for that, then I am glad.

I can't take the Iron Knight talents unless I find and train with them in the campaign. I actually wanted a couple of the talents in there, but the GM made me remove them due to the Aing-Tii abilities.

My though, was where do I go from here.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-07-26, 02:27 PM
From there if you are going to continue focusing on force adept and using your force powers then I would suggest using the telepath or mystic talent trees from the Jedi Academy book for force adepts. You have ways to up your will defense by your class level and ways to get an additional number of force points per force talent you possess. Which would go well with your strong in the force feat as you would have more opportunities to use those increased die sizes. Also what level are you going up to and is there any particular reason you picked a shard if you wanted to be an aing-tii monk? Not that there is anything wrong with the choice but there are definitely better ones out there for force users unless you were particularly going for iron knight stuff anyways.

Edit: Sorry I missed the part where you said it was too late to change current stuff. So disregard all of those questions concerning that.

Exthalion
2010-07-26, 02:31 PM
Fluff. My favorite race is the Shard and my favorite force tradition is that of the Aing-Tii. As a side note, Aing-Tii are my second favorite race, but there are no stats for them.

Also, thank you for responding twice, and for any other responses you may have.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-07-26, 02:40 PM
No worries dude, I love saga edition/star wars/everything about such things haha. And for fluff is as good as reason as any. Check into those talent trees from jedi academy. If you are a shard check into the droid talents from the core book and scavengers guide to droids books. I can't think of any off the top of my head that would fit your specific build but there could be some that work. Also think about taking at least 1 level of force disciple or a couple levels to get the force secrets to really make your force powers shine. Good force secrets coupled with the 2 destiny points per level that the force disciple gets is pretty hoss.

Exthalion
2010-07-26, 02:44 PM
Thank you. Question, should I be doubling up on some force powers? I mean I have a really wide repertoire right now, but I can only use them once per encounter. If so, which ones?

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-07-26, 02:50 PM
I personally find force whirlwind and kinetic combat to not be worth it. Its hard to beat move object. There is also a talent that goes along with that that lets you treat larger sized objects as area effects which is really good in saga edition. I personally like mind trick as well. Esp if you get dominate mind from KOTOR as a force technique. If you are going to be using your lightsaber at all you can think about the lightsaber force powers from jedi academy too. But it seems more like you want actual force powers. What you have is good. It is always good to have extras of your bread and butter powers but no more than 2 or 3 since it is done per encounter.

Exthalion
2010-07-26, 03:12 PM
I suppose I just have to play a few games to see what my bread and butter powers end up being.

I will reread the rules for move object and mind trick.

One idea that occurred to me is to install an assistant droid with a good Int and a few related modifications to serve as a sort of Knowledge advisor since I like playing knowledgeable characters and Force users don't prioritize Int.

What do you think about that?

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-07-26, 03:34 PM
Never a bad idea. I once played a Twilek Officer who had a droid unit attached to his arm that can be used to learn languages bypass security systems etc. A handheld R2D2 if you will. It worked out great. There are rules somewhere for how many credits it costs to give droid heroic levels. I can't remember where off the top of my head but find those and then you can give him a few levels of whatever complete with talents etc so you can have your back up buddy do whatever it is you want him to.

Exthalion
2010-07-26, 04:16 PM
I like it. Is there some way to make it able to wirelessly interact with any computer? I don't want any jacks sticking out of me. Position jokes aside.

HamHam
2010-07-26, 04:19 PM
I like it. Is there some way to make it able to wirelessly interact with any computer? I don't want any jacks sticking out of me. Position jokes aside.

Scavenger's Guide (IIRC) has a wireless uplink for droids.

Exthalion
2010-07-26, 05:33 PM
Well, it wasn't in scavenger's guide. However, I do recall something along those lines. Didn't the computer to be accessed need wireless receivers though?

Exthalion
2010-07-27, 12:20 PM
Sorry to double post. Just wondering if anyone knows where the wireless rules are.