PDA

View Full Version : The Tiniest Adventurers! INC

Croverus
2010-07-26, 02:39 PM
Magic can do some pretty strange things. One of which is the awakening spell used by many powerful druids to give human intelligence to trees and animals. Which is all fine and well if used for a purpose. But now and then a group of druids will get drunk and go casting awakening spells on various critters. And sometimes those critters aren't the largest in the woods.

A traveling pet merchent was passing through the woods when such a group of druids approached him, awakening a number of the animals he had, including a toad, a rat, an owl, a sea snake, a black widow spider, and a bear cub. The animals were released and ran from the humanoids in confusion. For some reason they stuck together and found a small cave to hide in. They grasped what they were now, and realized they had been going about their lives with no real goals. They came upon an abandoned mage's vault of magic items, equipped themselves, declaring themselves adventurers. They are the Tiniest Adventurers! And this is their story.

The party begins in the abandoned vault, having found all the useful items and picked out equipment for themselves. The items shrunk and reshaped to fit them, even the black widow. With new purpose you can go out and explore the world. But first, you can't remember how you got into the vault!

Volthawk
2010-07-26, 02:53 PM
Vyklade, the snake, lies curled up next to his little book, the pages of which he experimentally using the magic of that strange hand he found. He'd already had a look around, and had put some spells in his spellbook from the assorted scrolls. He'd also found a wand, which apparently fired electricity. Handy.

He stops, and looks at the rest of this group. He wouldn't consider them prey, but his familiar Ghergo; oddly pretty much the sane as him, just not as smart and not adapted to the sea like Vyklade was; would if he wasn't bound to Vyklade. What a ragtag group. How did I end up in this situation? In some dank cave, away from my sea...

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-26, 03:06 PM
Gamol was just a cub when the crazed druids cast their magic. He was just a cub, but he could see clearly. After finding a weapon and some armor, he noticed the spider, Willow, was it?, climb up onto him. Come on, I'll help you.

I probably won't be able to post again today, sorry.

Merrow
2010-07-26, 03:16 PM
Facebiter finished putting his equipment on and looked rather proud of it, he then scampered towards a wall, stopped looked at it then went to another door.

"Umm have we lost the door?"

OMG PONIES
2010-07-26, 03:42 PM
A battered-looking owl with one dead eye and a chip out of his beak hops back and forth between the others. "Shometimes," he whistles (due to his chip), "all it takes is a change in pershpective. Let me take a look." With that, he spreads his wings and takes to the air.

Though just a small storage space by human standards, the vault feels like a great banquet hall to Bartleby. He reachs a comfortable altitude and hovers, wavering slightly from side to side as he scans the area for an exit. He was on assignment, and precious time was being wasted.

@DM:
As per Bartleby's backstory, please feel free to give me the names of any individuals the devils who grant my powers want me to kill. Always fun for sidequests/additions to the main quest. If none are provided, I will make up generic names and just fly off at night or whatever other downtime we have to complete my assignments.

[roll0] Spot any visible exits (add another +8 if the vault is shadowy)
[roll1] Listen for any other creatures in the area, or ambient sounds outside the vault that may provide a direction out (open windows, doors, cracks in the wall)

Croverus
2010-07-26, 03:50 PM
@ OMG PONIES

It is pretty dim with only a single everlasting torch on the far side lighting the chamber. You see two doors, one being the door Facebiter passes, both seem firmly closed. You also notice a hole about 5ft from the ground, large enough for you and the others to fit through, though it may be difficult for some of them to reach the hole. You hear only the other members of your group.

Also, the forces want you to kill a man named Oswald Jachobs. He lives in the town of Vesterse.

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-26, 03:52 PM
I head for the hole, but don't leave yet.

Before we get out of here, we should take a look outside. Who's good at looking around?

Croverus
2010-07-26, 03:57 PM
Gamol, being just a bear cub, is barely a foot tall and won't be able to reach the bottom of the hole with his paws. There are a few desks and chairs and scattered books littering the vault.

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-26, 04:00 PM
Gamol, being just a bear cub, is barely a foot tall and won't be able to reach the bottom of the hole with his paws. There are a few desks and chairs and scattered books littering the vault.
What I mean is that I head to the spot on the ground below the hole.

Ilena
2010-07-26, 04:06 PM
"Hey, I think you would make a good ride. But I thought I saw a large bird .... an owl i think they are called ... maybe he can go scout ahead?" I move up onto the bears shoulder and look around. "I doubt you can get up but perhaps you are strong enough to move something to climb on?"

Merrow
2010-07-26, 04:20 PM
"Oh you guys find something."

Facebiter runs over and looks up at the hole.

"Oh the hole. whats up there."

facebiter says almost jumping on the spot.

OOC: is it possible for me to climb up he wall or will I need to wait for the chairs and things to be moved into position.

Critical
2010-07-26, 04:39 PM
"Ribbit!" - Hypno the toad says excited, while putting his pair of bracers on. He then turns over to the party, which was plotting to do some invsetigations, particularily, the owl. - "The bird can carry me, I'm a good scout, and a ranged attacker, yes!" As he finishes the last sentence, he looks at the ceiling and fires off a blast of energy from his eyes, then turns to the rest of the party, smiling. "How's that?"

Merrow
2010-07-26, 04:54 PM
Facebiter crawls up the wall and stops by the hole.

"Not bad, granted a bit showy."

Facebiter goes into the hole.

"Onwards."

His head pops back out of the hole.

"We are going this way right?"

OMG PONIES
2010-07-26, 06:27 PM
The old owl flaps to the ground, stirring up dust as he lands."I shaw a hole up there, a good five feet off the ground. That sheems like our only way out, unlesh we want to try whittling away at the door. Any climbers, or will I have to airlift all of you?"

Volthawk
2010-07-26, 06:30 PM
Indicating the other snake beside him, Vyklade says "Ghergo here can. I can't, though."

Ilena
2010-07-26, 07:48 PM
Willow looks around ... and notes her size compaired to everyone else .... "Well ... in all honesty ... I think i would be the best scout ..... I mean ... I am small ... noone really would notice me and I can bite ... I can go places not even the smallest of you can .... and I am quick ... if you want I will go ..." She hesitates many times, obviously not liking the idea of going out there, but willing to do it as she IS the most logical.

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-27, 07:23 AM
Relax, you won't even get noticed. I know you're there and I can barely see you. Do you think you could make it to the hole if I threw you up, or should I move the chairs?

Volthawk
2010-07-27, 07:25 AM
"Besides, can't spiders climb?"

Vyklade seems to be mostly uninterested in the hole, just reading his spellbook.

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-27, 07:32 AM
Good point. You go up and take a look, I'll grab stuff for the rest of us to get up.

I put Willow on the wall and start moving chairs.

Croverus
2010-07-27, 09:21 AM
@ dragonsamurai77

The chairs are technically larger than you, so give me a strength check to push themto the wall. It's an easy DC, but if you do roll under you might just break some of them.

Volthawk
2010-07-27, 10:14 AM
"You people scrambling to go into some hole is funny, but I do have a spell to open doors, you know."

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-27, 10:38 AM
[roll0]
I think I made it.

Do you make 1's automatic failures on skilll/ability checks?

Croverus
2010-07-27, 10:42 AM
OOC: Please spoiler all rolls and OOC questions, or post questions in the OOC forum, that's what it's there for. And no, 1s are not autofails.

Gamol moves several chairs to the wall, stacking them into a pile large enough so the members of the party that can't climb or fly are able to reach the hole.

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-27, 11:09 AM
I climb up and look out the hole.

If a Search check is needed, [roll0]

Merrow
2010-07-27, 11:23 AM
"Wait you have a spell to open doors. Sounds good but wont the owners of this vault be on the other side of these doors or at least guards?"

Facebite says to Vyklade from the mouth of the hole.

"Granted that maybe true of the hole but thats more likely to be by chance rather than people actually guarding. So isn't going out the hole safer, again that is If the hole leads to out of this place."

OMG PONIES
2010-07-27, 11:25 AM
"I shtill don't like doors," the owl grumbles to himself, "just big movable walls. Now, a hole to fly out of--that's more my shpeed."

Croverus
2010-07-27, 11:34 AM
The hole has some dust and dirt in it, fragmented rock. The sides have marks in them the kind a metal tool would make. You find nothing else of interest here, but it gets dark ahead, the torch lighting the vault doesn't produce enough lght to see more than 20 feet down the hole. You can't see a light indicating when the small tunnel ends.

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-27, 11:49 AM
Anyone see anything?

Merrow
2010-07-27, 12:41 PM
Facebiter turns and heads further into the hole.

"Will anyone need a light cos it gets dark further in?"

Croverus
2010-07-27, 12:44 PM
All of you notice that you can see even in the pitch balck, though fine details and color are not present. There is not light after 30 feet and nothing of interest before then. Facebiter moves a short distance down the tunnela nd can make out a faint light in the end of the tunnel. It look like the tunnel curves upward about 80 feet from the entrance.

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-27, 12:48 PM
I move into the tunnel.

Croverus
2010-07-27, 12:58 PM
As you get further down the tunnel you reach the point where it slopes upward. You can see a light ahead. The tunnel is rougher here, like whoever made it was in a hurry. The stone turns to hard clay, and you can spot a few roots poking through toward the exit. The light seem to be from that of the sun setting, as it slowly dims.

Ilena
2010-07-27, 01:01 PM
As she gets placed on the hole, Willow quickly climbs up the side of the wall, most creatures wont step on her then and when you are so small noone knows your there thats a real danger. She walks forward, on the right side of the passage, and moves as quick as her 8 little legs will carry her. When she sees the big ball of fire .... sun? Setting in the sky she calls back to the others. Her little tiny voice says, "Hey! It looks ok! I think I see the outside!"

Volthawk
2010-07-27, 01:12 PM
"Great. Back outside, and into a new world."

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-27, 01:15 PM
Stay alert, we don't know what's out here.

Croverus
2010-07-27, 02:15 PM
You exit into a rocky hillside, a massive tree further up the hill behind you. You can see a great valley stretching before you. It would take weeks to cross without transportation. To the west you can see te twin orange suns setting together, the sky slowly going from blue to pinks and oranges and then purples as stars begin to show themselves. There is no visible moon, it must be the beginning of it's cycle of growing and shrinking. Some of you, especially those active at night, remember using it to judge how many days pass between meals and events. To the east the hills rise up into imposing mountains, capped with white stuff. To the south you can see several smoke columns from where the humanoids lives, small camps and vilalges.

The world is open to you, and you can go anywhere... after the whole group makes it out of the vault.

Volthawk
2010-07-27, 02:22 PM
Vyklade sighs. "No water around, as far as I can see. Perfect."

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-27, 02:25 PM
Let's see if we can determine where water would be. Facebiter, you're good at this, right? See what you can find.

Survival check: [roll0]

Merrow
2010-07-27, 03:32 PM
"Are we looking for frsh water or salt water, you know what it probably doesnt matter."

Facebiter starts to look around for signs of water or in which direction water maybe found.

Survival:[roll0]
Spot:[roll1]

Croverus
2010-07-27, 03:50 PM
After a few minutes Facebite determines that there is an underground stream that should appear at the bottom of this hill heading towards the human villages. The bottom of the hill is about 400ft of tall grass, rock outcroppings, and withered trees now and then. Hopefully there is nothing nasty along the way.

Merrow
2010-07-27, 06:09 PM
"Well there is a undeground stream that will probably come out at the bottom of this hill."

Facebiter points towards the humanoid camps and viliages.

"Which makes sense for those people to set up down there with access to water as well a food, granted going down there means we will have to deal with every human trying to trap, poison or exterminate use, let alone what we could met on the way."

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-27, 06:35 PM
Then, we must proceed cautiously and decisively. Willow, get back on me. Bartleby, scout from above. Facebiter, Hypno, Vyclade, follow from behind. Let's go!

Volthawk
2010-07-27, 06:35 PM
"Well, we'll be needing something to sustain us. Besides, we're tiny, not like we'll be easily seen."

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-27, 06:42 PM
Then, what do you propose?

Volthawk
2010-07-27, 06:45 PM
"Well, when we get close, we stop and stay in cover. Willow goes in, scopes the area, comes back and lets us know what she found. What happens next will depend on the situation."

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-27, 06:49 PM
That seems reasonable. We gain nothing by waiting, so let us depart now. The sooner we can find supplies, the better our chances are.

Merrow
2010-07-27, 06:51 PM
"Yes our tiny band of adventurers are the absolute deffinition of subtlety."

Facebite says walking around.

"I mean sure people see owls, rats, spiders, snakes, frogs but I may say that bear cub may attract a bit of attention, not cos of what you are but ehat it means you may bring most people are going to flip in fear at the site of you cos they may think mommy is only a couple of seconds away. But as you say we need supplies and the best place is at those camps and villiages most humanoids waiste alot of food and drink so it should be easy."

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-27, 06:54 PM
Very true. Once we get close to the humans, I shall go my own way while we debate our next move. For now, though, we should stay together.

Volthawk
2010-07-27, 06:55 PM
"Same here. Generally, people are afraid of snakes. Might be the venom."

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-27, 06:56 PM
Come with me, then. I can easily obtain enough food for both of us.

Merrow
2010-07-27, 07:16 PM
"Thats something what can everyone eat I mean I know I can eat just about anything excepte poison granted actaully if I had the antidote I may try it to see what the dame thing taste like, granted it may taste as nice as the green stuff you can find in gone off meat.....I had a point to this."

Facebiter stops to think.

"Ah thats it we need to find things everyone can eat."

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-27, 07:20 PM
Another good point, though I for one believe that that can wait until we make camp. I'll wait if anyone else feels differently, though.

Ilena
2010-07-27, 07:48 PM
Willow quickly crawls up the bears back and onto his shoulder, and settles in nicely there. 8 legs giving perfect balance on his shoulder. "Well ... I suppose I could go in .... I don't really know what you would want me to find ... but I know I just will spin a web tonight and see if I catch any tasty bugs for my food."

Merrow
2010-07-27, 07:59 PM
"Ohh thats something with humanoids around they will have graveyards, I can get some eyes to eat and some grreen stuff and possible some toe nails..."

Facebiter leads off mummbeling to him self about foods, even as he bends down to pick up a tiny twig and starts to chew on it.

Croverus
2010-07-28, 01:17 AM
Spot and Listen checks please.

Also Move Silently and Hide checks if you guys are having this talk while going down the hill.

Merrow
2010-07-28, 04:51 AM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Hide: [roll2]
Move silently: [roll3]

Volthawk
2010-07-28, 05:18 AM
Hide: [roll2]
Move Silently: [roll3]

OMG PONIES
2010-07-28, 05:18 AM
Bartleby takes to the sky, flapping inches above the other animals long enough to say, "I like to shnack on shmall rodents, mostly," with a devilish grin. "If you hear my whoo, there are problems and we should turn back. If you hear two, it means that we must shcatter." With that, he takes to the sky, flapping away from the party but not out of eyeshot.

The old owl wonders if this could be the town of Vesterse. He needed to find Oswald Jachobs, and fast.

ROLLS:

[roll0] Hide
[roll1] Listen
[roll2] Move Silently
[roll3] Spot (since it's dusk, I'm assuming it's shadowy)

Critical
2010-07-28, 06:21 AM
"Yessy yes!" - the frog nods to the owl, following the rest of the party.

Hide - [roll0]
Move Silently - [roll1]
Listen - [roll2]
Spot - [roll3]

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-28, 08:10 AM
Hide:[roll0]
Move Silently:[roll1]
Listen:[roll2]
Spot:[roll3]

I draw my sword, preparing for the worst.

Croverus
2010-07-28, 09:28 AM
The pair of humanoids make plenty of noise moving through the tall grass (which gives everyone except Bartleby +4 to their check), armed with swords and shields and wearing leather armor. They had flat ears and stoof between 5 and 6 ft. Since Bartleby flew up they spot him, but simply comment on how strange the "shiney owles" seem. The comment must be about the magic armor the owl is wearing and they must have not noticed that it was armor, mistaking it for his feathers.

They look around, commenting on how the view here looks nice and what a shame it was that half the forest below would be cut down over the next several months. One makes a comment about how only the elves would cause any trouble and some king had given the villages permission to use whatever means necessary. They both laughed, making fun of elves, completely unaware that they were in the midst of a group of intelligent animals armed with magic items.

Volthawk
2010-07-28, 09:39 AM
Vyklade focuses, muttering in draconic, bringing in a creature from another plane.

Casting Summon Monster I, bringing in a Celestial giant fire beetle right in front of them. It will then bite one of them.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Croverus
2010-07-28, 10:01 AM
OOC
This will count as the surprise round, you guys can post actions in any order, then after everyone has done something you can roll initiative.

The man are confused as the beetle appears before them and tries biting one, but he's able to keep the beetle at bay with his shield. They don't look like they were actually expecting to fight anything.

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-28, 10:21 AM
I will wash my hands of this slaughter.

I sheath my sword and walk away, refusing to kill the innocent, though knowing that the rest of the party has no choice.

Merrow
2010-07-28, 11:29 AM
Facebiter remains hidden and backs away, kneeling down next to a tree he pulls out his crossbow and gets a bolt ready.

OMG PONIES
2010-07-28, 11:48 AM
Bartleby flaps forward, attempting to identify the humans to see if either of them are his target. Their flat, bumpy beaks all looked the same to him.

[roll0] Spot to see if either of them look like Oswald Jachobs.

Croverus
2010-07-28, 11:56 AM
Neither appear as old as your target, but a symbol one has on his shirt you recognize as the symbol of the sun god Oswald worships. The man might know Oswald.

The group had the chance to surprise them and now anyone that is taking part in combat please roll initiative.

Initiative rolls for the 2 human warriors
[roll0]
[roll1]

Critical
2010-07-28, 12:08 PM
As soon as Vyklade does something offensive, Hypno simply shrugged and decided to just simply tag along. Besides, he didn't like the fact that the other animals and nature itself were harmed. He charged and slowly built up energy in his eyes, perhaps even straining them, and decided to fired off a red ray, trying to stay unnoticed.

Sniping with meh eyes! :smallbiggrin: A ray and a hide check with -20 penalty.
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Hide - [roll2]

Ilena
2010-07-28, 12:58 PM
Still on the blackbears shoulder, and staying there as he walks away she wonders what is happening. Being so small has its advantages sometimes but others its hard to see.

Spot 1d20+9
Listen 1d20+9
Hide [roll0]
Im not moving really as im riding someone else so i dont think i need to roll move silently :P

Croverus
2010-07-28, 01:39 PM
The ray of red energy strikes one of the emn, burning through his armor and into his chest. He drops down and twitches for a moment, then is motionless. His partner growls angrily and tries striking at the summoned beetle.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

His sword barely scrapes off the beetle's exoskeleton, leaving a scratch but the beetle avoid what was almost a fatal blow.

Volthawk
2010-07-28, 01:49 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Critical
2010-07-28, 02:08 PM
Init as well - [roll0]

Merrow
2010-07-28, 02:27 PM
Initiative [roll0]

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-28, 02:29 PM
Not rolling initiative because I'm not in combat.

OMG PONIES
2010-07-28, 04:33 PM
Bartleby flaps in the air and shakes his head, refusing to participate in the meaningless slaughter.

Croverus
2010-07-28, 04:41 PM
Critical wins initiative so he's first, and if the man survives he'll go next. Then Merrow, and volthawk, you your familiar and the summoned bettle will go last.

Critical
2010-07-29, 04:44 AM
Hypno decided to snipe again, since he seemed to be unnoticed... At least, yet. He charged the red energy and fired away again.

Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Hide with -20 - [roll2]

Croverus
2010-07-29, 09:56 AM
With another beam of red energy the man is struck in the chest and falls over, coughing up blood as the woudn is bad enough for him to bleed out. He can't see the source of the rays and starts muttering through the coughs of blood, mentioning the sun god he worships and praying his cleric is able to help his soul pass on.

He's at -4 HP and bleeding out, the other guy died for plot but this guy will live for another 30 seconds, or if he makes his stabalize roll then he'll be alive but at negative hit points until someone finds him.

Merrow
2010-07-29, 10:17 AM
Facebiter seeing both men down lowers his crossbow and takes the bolt out.

Critical
2010-07-29, 10:22 AM
Seein his enemies defeated, excited Hypno jumps out of the grass to observe the defeated opponents, and then looked up to his companions. "...Did you see that?.. DID YOU SEE THAT?.. I totally fried this two and they didn't even see what hit them!.. I... am... so... AWESOME!" As he says that, he, looking all happy, starts jumping around the two people.

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-29, 10:27 AM
May Obad-Hai forgive us. This is a battle we should not have fought. Hypno, you must learn restraint. We should not kill all in our path. However, now that the deed is done, we must make their deaths seem more realistic. As much as I don't like it, we should take their supplies.

I use my sword to make it appear as though they were struck by bandits.
I search the bodies.
1d20+2

Merrow
2010-07-29, 10:32 AM
"Why did we even start the fight anyway?"

Facebitersays slowly going closer to the dead one.

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-29, 10:36 AM
Forgot that you can't edit in a roll.
[roll0]

Critical
2010-07-29, 10:38 AM
Hypno stops his jumping and with confused look on his face, says: "I don't know, Vyklade started it, so I jumped in..." He looks stumbled and ashamed for a second, but then cheerfully adds: "But, uh, they hated nature and stuff, so that was the right thing to do... right? Doesn't Obad-Hai approve of that?"

Merrow
2010-07-29, 10:42 AM
"Who knows, who cares, there now dead and gone."

Facebiter now stands next to the dead one and starts looking through his pockets.

"Well lets see what he is carrying."

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-29, 10:42 AM
I believe that we both overreacted in this situation. You and Vyklade should analyze the situation a little more before attacking, and I should stop trying to force my beliefs on others.

Croverus
2010-07-29, 10:56 AM
The man bleeding out is barely concious, and still bleeding to death, muttering now and then in some language. Most of what he says is unintelligible, but four words are made out: Jachobs, Vesterse, burn, and elves. His words end when the black bear finishes him off with his sword. Searching their bodies, most of their equipment is mundane and useless to you, though one had a shortsword that could be used by one of you like a greatsword, though with a penalty because it isn't made for creatures your size.. You find a bag on one with small round pieces of shiney metal, some coins coppery brown and a few shiney silver pieces. The man with the symbol etched into his shoulder piece has a ring with the same symbol and the other man has what looks like a cylindrical case sealed with wax.

Bartleby recognizes the symbol immedietly as belonging to the sun god Jachobs worships, and anyone with knowledge (religion) can roll to recognize it as the symbol of a human sun god. The coins are worth a total of 13 coppers and 3 silvers. The case is sealed with wax and it sounds like there are some papers inside.

Volthawk
2010-07-29, 10:59 AM
Vyklade slithers over, and grabs the case with his tail. He also takes a bite out of one of the men.

Merrow
2010-07-29, 11:04 AM
"Okay they have some intersting stuff, anyone wzant the shinny metal coins."

Facebiter goes to the mas hand and removes the ring and looks at it.

"Interesting."

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-29, 11:18 AM
What? What did you find?

Do we know what money is?

Croverus
2010-07-29, 11:23 AM
You do not yet have understanding of the concet of value, though this can develop over time. Some of you might have seen the man that had you all in cages being given the metal pieces in exchange for items and sometimes one fo the other animals. Apparently they have value equal to the times traded. You haven't yet figure out the difference so money is not much value to you.

Merrow
2010-07-29, 11:34 AM
"Well theres is some shinny round stuff in there pockets this one wore this around his finger but nothing really intersting excepte the case the snake has a hold of."

Facebiter says as he start to examing the ring, seeing as it is to big for his finger he puts it on his arm.

"Why do they even wear these things?"

Ilena
2010-07-29, 01:01 PM
Observing from the shoulder of the black bear I say, "Well maybe its like a marking? So they can identify themselves to each other? Like how I have red under my belly showing that if I bite you you will die." I look at the round metal things that are about the size of myself, "No ... what would I want a metal disk for anyway? And it's bigger then me too!"

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-29, 01:51 PM
Makes sense to me. I'll take the shiny things.

OMG PONIES
2010-07-29, 04:43 PM
Bartleby flaps down, looking quite disgruntled. All civility is gone from his voice as he clucks, "Shomeone needs to heal thish man. Now. It sheems he has information about my ashignment."

Merrow
2010-07-29, 04:55 PM
Facebiter climbs up and the dead guys chest sits there and looks over at the dying one.

"Umm thats something actually, can anyone actually heal?"

Critical
2010-07-29, 06:41 PM
"Well, we could try and stop the bleeding together, I guess..." - Hypno says in a thinking tone.

dragonsamurai77
2010-07-29, 08:01 PM
Fine, get what you must from him, but after that we MUST cover our tracks and kill him properly.

Volthawk
2010-07-29, 08:03 PM
"Huh? Assignment? What assignment? Something you're not telling us?"

Merrow
2010-07-29, 08:19 PM
"Well I doubt you'll get much if no one can heal him, check the tube thing the snake has it may have something about what they were doing."

Facebiter jumps up onto the dead man's head.

"Are you sure we need to cover our tracks I mean wont it be more confusing for someone to have been killed in the middle of a forest and there to be no animal tracks at all, no human tracks is to be expected, but why would a killer hide his own tracks as well as animal tracks, makes no sense."

Facebiter looks around again then takes a bite of the dead man's eye.

"Okay the collection of animal prints around it will be a little strange but still less strange than finding no track. And on another thought why are you trying to change the way it looks like they died, I mean magic exist and its more common in humans."

Critical
2010-07-29, 08:55 PM
"Ow. Seems like your arrangement should wait for a while, Bartley." - Hypno says chuckling, before returning to the previous topic. - "Yeah, besides, they were killed by rays and stuff. The sword in his chest to cover our tracks might've been not such a great idea after all. Maybe you'll get it out and I'll blast the wound?" He seems to get excited again, clearly finding the situation fun.

Uh, is the OOC thread completely forgotten? Asked a question there, can't recall who dragonsamurai is playing :smalltongue: (name/class/animal)

Croverus
2010-07-29, 11:26 PM
The man coughs violently and his heartbeat seems to slow, his breathing in labored gasps.

He's at -8 now.

Critical
2010-07-30, 05:17 AM
"Ow, Alright... Could you two help me out over here real quick?" - Hypno said, trying to stop the bleeding at best of his abilities.

Heal Take 10, 12 total, need 2 Aid Another's to succeed. :smalltongue:

OMG PONIES
2010-07-30, 06:36 AM
"Huh? Assignment? What assignment? Something you're not telling us?"

The owl's eyes narrow as he turns and snaps at Vyklade. "Yesh, there are things I don't tell you, much like you chose to attack these two humans without a word as to why. Now get over here and help shtop the bleeding or shee what'sh on that shcroll that could help. Quickly, now."

The owl lands on the man's chest and rests one wing on the man's wound. His wing begins to glow a soft blue, and the smell of burning flesh fills the air as Bartleby attempts to cauterize the wound.

ROLLS:
[roll0] Heal (whoops, will roll in the OOC.)

Ilena
2010-07-30, 10:30 AM
Quickly crawling down off her bear and up to the dieing mans wound, Willow thinks for a moment and then uses her web to try to seal the wound.

Heal check [roll0]

The heal check is without any aid another bonus, or if someone actually wants to make the heal attempt its an aid another in the first place

Croverus
2010-07-30, 10:44 AM
The spider webbing doesn't really help and with only Bartleby helping Hypno they aren't able to stop the bleeding right away. They still have one more chance.

Total was 14 after Bartleby giving Hypno a +2 bonus. Willow's web didn't help. The man is at -9. You have one more chance to make a heal check or use some healing item to stop the bleeding. Also the case is still in Vyklade's possession so until he tries opening it or someone comes to take it and open it it's still sealed.

Critical
2010-07-30, 10:45 AM
"We're losing him!" - the toad said, attempting to treat the wounds properly.

[roll0] :cool:

Croverus
2010-07-30, 11:00 AM
In a last ditch attempt, Hpyno is able to apply the right amount of pressure to stop the bleeding, stabalizing the man. He's pale, sickly looking even and has lost a good deal of blood, but as long as he gets some treatment he'll live. H'es unconcious with his breathing shallow.

Nice 15! He's stabalized at -9 HP.

Volthawk
2010-07-31, 01:08 PM
Vyklade puts down the scroll case, and focuses, using his amulet to open the case.

Croverus
2010-08-01, 06:25 PM
The wax seal breaks and you find inside the case several rolled papers. They are writen in a human language, and if you can read common then you can at least tell they deal with acquring forests and orders to cut down the trees and force the elves that call the forests home to leave the region, by any means. Local wildlife should be removed. Any interesting specimens are to be captured for study.

Volthawk
2010-08-01, 06:26 PM
"...we may be kinda screwed. This whole forest is to be destroyed, and the wildlife exterminated."

Critical
2010-08-01, 06:39 PM
Hypno takes a glance. "Nah, we're not, we have the documents, after all! Now, step aside." - he said, charging his eye ray, ready to release it to destroy the papers.

Volthawk
2010-08-01, 06:41 PM
"No. We need the papers intact. Evidence. We can't do much without it. Besides, can you remember all this by heart? We'll need to know exactly what they're planning, if we want to fight them properly."

Critical
2010-08-01, 06:45 PM
Hypno stops charging his eyebeam. "Evidence? For what? These are orders, and if they are destroyed, nothing's going to happen!"

Volthawk
2010-08-01, 06:47 PM
"Do you think this is the only set in existence? Other people will have copies, the leadership will have copies, the people who gave the orders could just give them again."

Critical
2010-08-01, 06:56 PM
"Alright... How about we look closer and find out who gave them, then give them a visit?"

Volthawk
2010-08-01, 07:02 PM
"Yeah. Hmm, is there anywhere a bit more sheltered around here? That would help, as wind would result in lost papers."

OK, trying to Spot somewhere sheltered from any wind.

[roll0]

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-03, 09:03 AM
"Alright... How about we look closer and find out who gave them, then give them a visit?"

That seems like a good idea to me...

You see a destructive, almost manaical look in Gamol's eyes.

On second thought, if that doesn't work, maybe we should try to find the Elves that live in the forest.

Critical
2010-08-03, 09:29 AM
"Perhaps, one of us, but we should act quick..." - Hypno says, examining the papers to find out more about who gave the orders.

Croverus
2010-08-03, 09:45 AM
Reading more of the documents these were indeed a copy of orders to be carried by any patrols and important individuals. The orders were sent down by Prince Velanders, whom none of you have any clue who he is as human politics weren't exactly the most important to any of you until recently. But the orders are quite clear that these humans are here to ruin the forests.

Critical
2010-08-03, 09:49 AM
"Prince Ve-lan...ders. Ve-lan-ders. What kind of strange names these humans have?" - Hypno turns away from the documents. - "Yes, seeking out elves is, probably, a good idea. Shall we?"

Volthawk
2010-08-03, 09:50 AM
"See! There's more of these. There's probably too many to take out one by one, so I think we'll need to go for the head. This Prince. Going to the elves first seems a good idea, though. We'll need some muscle."

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-03, 09:53 AM
If one of us go to find the Elves, it should be me, as I am the most self-sufficient. The rest of you should examine the human territory.

Critical
2010-08-03, 10:09 AM
Hypno shakes his head in answer to Gamol. "No, Vyklade is right. We should go to the elves - they will help us out and provide information. Pack the papers, we're heading out. Ow, and can I get a lift this time, please, please, please? I'm extra-light!" - he says, looking with begging eyes at Bartleby.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-03, 10:17 AM
Then we should get going immediately.

Knowledge check to determine where the elves would likely live:
[roll0]

OMG PONIES
2010-08-03, 11:12 AM
"See! There's more of these. There's probably too many to take out one by one, so I think we'll need to go for the head. This Prince. Going to the elves first seems a good idea, though. We'll need some muscle."

The battered old owl shakes his head with a soft whoo, then turns his sad eyes to Vyklade. "Tell me, shon," he lisps, "what did these humans do to you? To cause shuch a fierce hatred...I only kill those I must. It is the only thing that sheparatesh ush from them."

Bartleby's head perks up and his eyes widen at Gamol's words. "Brave, but we musht shtay together. Our only true chansh for shurvival is in a group. We will all travel to the elves--anyway, they may be the only beings recheptive to a pack of talking animals. I agree with Hypno." With that, he turns to the toad. "My claws may shcratch you a bit, boyo--if I can even pick you up anymore. But if I can, do you promish not to blasht anything else unlesh it'sh truly nesheshary?"

Merrow
2010-08-03, 11:44 AM
Facebiter still sitting atop the dead mans head.

"So your planning to go tell the elves who from what these man were talking about, were or are still being driven out of this forest, dont you think they would already know about this and whos doing it. I suggest going after the prince whatever his name is who probably lives in the human territory, telling the elves something they probably already know will just be a waste of time and will alert the humans to our existance, which may loses use the element of surprise to go after the prince."

Facebiter jumps down off the dead guys head.

Critical
2010-08-03, 12:02 PM
The toad suddenly gets all serious. "Hmm... On a second thought, I'll keep walking and you'll pick me up to have some artillery, if needed... And yeah, I'll try to hold off my eyes..." - he then turns to Gamol. - "If the elves knew, these guys wouldn't be walking by three and would be, at the very least, much more experienced. Elves don't know. Lets spread the word."

Merrow
2010-08-03, 12:11 PM
"Oh yes spread the word deffinatly, cause mass panic, fighting, death, plenty of dead bodies for me to feed appon then, granted if we go after the prince and kill him then there will be only one dead body."

Facebiter stretches a little.

"Think about it like this, if we tell the elves they are going to deffend themselves or worse attak the prince and his forces probably kill more men like we just have, the prince and his people will respond in greater force killing some elves, the whole thing will escalate till one side is dead and since the prince is starting this whole thing he seem pritty confident that it wont be him."

Facebiter picks something out of his teeth and flicks it away.

"Tell the elves cause a war but quickly and quietly kill the prince stop the humans from going forward with there plans, I know which one is better."

Croverus
2010-08-03, 12:18 PM
Listen and spot checks please

These rolls could be for a single creature or a group, not saying which.
Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

Merrow
2010-08-03, 12:20 PM
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Critical
2010-08-03, 12:25 PM
Listen - [roll0]
Spot - [roll1]

Volthawk
2010-08-03, 12:34 PM

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-03, 12:34 PM
Listen: [roll0]
Spot:[roll1]

Croverus
2010-08-03, 12:42 PM
You all notice some tall grass moving behind you and most of you hear the leaves rustling. As a group you turn to see a strange, catlike beast, 4 or 5 feet in length with a long, narrow head. It eyes the group hungrily and pulls back the skin on it's head to esxpose the muscle and bone and gives an unsettling screech.

Everyone make a will save against fear

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-03, 12:47 PM
[roll0]

I need to make my message longer, so I'll go ahead and roll initiative for when it's needed.
[roll1]

Critical
2010-08-03, 01:10 PM
Will - [roll0]
Initiative - [roll1]

Volthawk
2010-08-03, 01:14 PM
Will: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Merrow
2010-08-03, 01:37 PM
Will: [roll0]
Init: [roll1]

Ilena
2010-08-03, 03:40 PM
Will save - [roll0]
Initiative - [roll1]

Willow watches, still sitting ontop of the still living man. She listens to the debate going on back and forth. She knows in her own small heart that the elves are the ones that they should see first but doesn't voice her opinion ... yet.

Croverus
2010-08-03, 04:31 PM
Anyone who rolled a 13 or lower fails the will save and is frightened. A frightened creature flees from the source of its fear as best it can. If unable to flee, it may fight. A frightened creature takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. A frightened creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape.

Everyone who made the save is only shaken by the creature's appearance and is merelty shaken. A shaken character takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Also, creature's Initiative: [roll0]

OMG PONIES
2010-08-04, 06:29 AM
Hmm, Bartleby thinks, perhaps visiting the prince may be best, since visiting the elves would take me farther from-- Suddenly, the poor owl is startled by the presence of the new intruder, flapping his wings quickly and chaotically in attempts to gain his bearings again.

ROLLS:
[roll0] Will
[roll1] Initiative

Merrow
2010-08-04, 07:07 AM
Facebiter watches the creature then quickly moves back pulling out his crossbow.

"What the hell is that thing?"

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-04, 08:32 AM
Gamol succumbs (sp?) to his instincts as a cub and quickly runs away from the creature.

OOC:
Will I ever get to fight anything? I feel a bit left out :smallfrown:

Croverus
2010-08-04, 09:49 AM
Edit: Goa head and post your actions for the round please. Merrow, you rolled the best initiative and can do something with it so you're first, but I'd like everyone to post their actions for the turn. Use the OOC to plan out any strategy.

Your wishes may be answered dragon, give me a spot check, don't forget your penalty. And we'll use the initiative roll you used earlier.

Hide [roll0]
Hide [roll1]

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-04, 09:52 AM
Here we go: [roll0]

YES!!!

Croverus
2010-08-04, 09:59 AM
Running away from the initial beast Gamol spots two others that were lurking behind the group and were trying to sneak up on you. They do not try to scare Gamol, simply moving to attack the bear cub, moving to either side.

Initiative rolls
Beast 2 [roll0]
Beast 3 [roll1]

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-04, 10:07 AM
Is one within walking range? If so, I attack it. Otherwise, I move as far away from them as possible and switch to my longbow.

Ilena
2010-08-04, 10:34 AM
Hoping that the creature doesn't spot her, willow quickly climbs off the body and toward the creature attempting to climb up its leg while its standing still and to reach its back and hold on, maybe bite it in the neck as well.

Merrow
2010-08-04, 11:34 AM
Edit: Goa head and post your actions for the round please. Merrow, you rolled the best initiative and can do something with it so you're first, but I'd like everyone to post their actions for the turn. Use the OOC to plan out any strategy.

facebiter aims his cross bow and fires at the creature hopping to hit it.

Critical
2010-08-04, 12:22 PM
Hypno moves towards the grass where he could hide and then shoots yet another energy ray.

Move - to the grass and then sniping, so hide with -20 penalty [roll0]
Touch Attack - [roll1]
Damage - [roll2]

OMG PONIES
2010-08-04, 12:29 PM
Bartleby flaps up and away from the creature, letting loose with an Eldritch Blast.

OOC: Bartleby stays within 30 ft
[roll0] ranged touch attack
Missed a tag, have to roll damage in the OOC thread: 2. Fear my eldritch power.

Croverus
2010-08-04, 01:14 PM
Hoping that the creature doesn't spot her, willow quickly climbs off the body and toward the creature attempting to climb up its leg while its standing still and to reach its back and hold on, maybe bite it in the neck as well.

Crixon

Go ahead and roll the attack and damage and how much Str damage the poison will do if it fails it's save.

The Beast growls as it feels something climbing up it's leg and tries to gnaw at it's leg to get her.
AoO
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Save for when she bites [roll2]

It howls in pain though as a red ray burns into it's side leaving a nasty scorch mark.

Gamol misses the nearest beast and the two creatures move to eaither side of him, attacking the bear cub.

Beast 2 - Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Beast 3 - Attack [roll5]
Damage [roll6]

Volthawk
2010-08-04, 01:19 PM
"Guess that wand will come in handy now."

Vyklade charges up the wand, firing a ball of electricity at the Krenshar, before shouting "That thing's called a Krenshar. It hunts by fear, and can do a screaming attack thing!"

Ranged touch attack: [roll0]

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-04, 01:22 PM
Gamol laughs as the pathetic attacks of his enemies bounce off of his enchanted armor.

Initiative for next round:
[roll0]

OOC:
I'm in the same boat as Willow: only a natural 20 from these guys can hit me.

Croverus
2010-08-04, 02:01 PM
OOC

(Infact most of the enemies are gonna have a hard time hitting you guys. Also, that electricity attack... Willow, make a Reflex save.)

Ilena
2010-08-04, 03:35 PM
Quickly climbing up the beast and onto its back, I sink my little tiny teeth into it, hoping to cause it to weaken and die.

1 damage from bite, thats all. My poison dc is 10 anyway :P
Sneak attack if applicable though.

[roll0]

Required reflex save

[roll1]

Croverus
2010-08-09, 10:24 AM
The beast falls as the electricity scorches it's insides. Willow manages to leap off in time to avoid getting electrocuted as well.

Meanwhile Gomal faces down thte two creatures who haven't yet realized they do not face easy prey.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-09, 10:28 AM
Gamol strikes again.

Critical
2010-08-09, 10:41 AM
Do we know Gamol is fighting?

Croverus
2010-08-09, 10:41 AM
The beast dodges and the two try attacking again in unison. Gamol may need the aid of the others if these beasts get lucky.

Beast 2 - Bite Attack [roll0]
Bite Damage [roll1]
Claws [roll2]
Claw Damage [roll3]
Beast 3 - Attack [roll4]
Bite Damage [roll5]
Claws [roll6]
Claw Damage [roll7]

Croverus
2010-08-09, 10:42 AM
Do we know Gamol is fighting?

You saw him run and by now have heard the sound of them hitting his armor.

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-09, 10:45 AM
Gamol roars in pain as the beast's claws sink into him, but sees that the wound is rather shallow.

HP: 40->34

OOC:
Natural 20 AND max damage? Whoa.

Croverus
2010-08-09, 11:05 AM
OOC

I got lucky, also it's a bite. And at least he doesn't get double damage.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-17, 08:09 AM
Bartleby flaps over towards his embattled compatriot. "Gamol?" he calls out, "where are you?"

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-17, 09:08 AM
I'm over here! They got a good hit in on me, but it won't happen again!

Gamol takes another ferocious swing at the Krenshar:

[roll0]
[roll1]

dragonsamurai77
2010-08-17, 09:12 AM
Wait, I also get to use my bite, right?

[roll0]
[roll1]

Critical
2010-08-17, 11:42 AM
"Coming!" - Hypno said, jumping in the direction of Gamol's voice.

Run action towards Gammon's voice, that's 20ft. WTB speed increasing boots. :smallbiggrin:

Croverus
2010-08-17, 12:55 PM
Gamol moves under one of the kreshnar and tears open it's chest, leaving a deep red line. It growls in pain and tries to swipe at Gamol, the other kreshnar attempts to get at Gamol as well.

Kreshnar 1
Bite [roll0] damage [roll1]
Claws [roll2] damage [roll3]

Kreshnar 2
Bite [roll4] damage [roll5]
Claws [roll6] damage [roll7]

Merrow
2010-08-18, 12:49 PM
Facebite turns an heads to the near by tree and climbs up it to a low branch over the fight.

Climb [roll0]

And pulls out his cross-bow to aim at one of the creatures.