PDA

View Full Version : [D&D3/3,5]Weapon that adds arcane caster class attribute's bonus (int/cha) to damage?

Tonal Architect
2010-07-26, 02:41 PM
The weapon is supposed to add INT bonus to damage just like the swashbuckler's Insightful strike, with the addition of actually being useful to a CHA caster.

I'm pretty sure I actually Saw that somewhere, but I can't quite recall where. I've been through a few books (mainly arms and equipment guide), and I'm feeling as though chasing a wild goose, particularly after going through the entire magic weapons section of said book. :/

Could someone point me to it? I recall it's description as something in the lines of "adding arcane caster class main (as in the attribute it uses to cast spells) attribute's bonus to the damage roll", so as to allow it to be useful to sorcerers and wizards (I guess bards would fit the bill, too), but that's all I remember about it.

Addition: I think it is a Rapier.

AmberVael
2010-07-26, 02:44 PM
That sounds like Thunder Lance, but that's not equipment, it's a spell.

Anyway, the best place to look for this sort of thing is here, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732) but I don't see equipment like that. There is Thunder Lance though.

Adumbration
2010-07-26, 02:55 PM
The closest magic item I can think of is Slippers of Battledancing from DMG II, but they're pretty far off. They give you your Charisma to attack and damage rolls instead of Strength if you move at least 10 feet as a part of a move action. In addition to this, they give bonus to speed and initiative.

Tonal Architect
2010-07-26, 03:02 PM
I thought I saw that in Person Man's X stat to Y bonus, so I looked at it earlier. I think I saw the item in someone's X to Y, actually, but none that google will point me to.

I also think it was a Rapier... Yes, I recall it as being a rapier, but I might be wrong.

Keld Denar
2010-07-26, 03:50 PM
If you cast Whirling Blade, you make attacks with the focus weapon using either your Str or your casting stat, whichever is higher. You can't cast Whirling Blade with a rapier though, since it is piercing and WB only works with slashing weapons.