PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a prestige class

Dr.Epic
2010-07-26, 04:17 PM
So I'm looking at Stormlord in Complete Divine, and one of the requirements says "Patron: Talos". Initially I thought that meant patron god like I have to worship Talos but I couldn't find the deity in Complete Divine or Deities and Demigods. Then I looked at Radiant Servant of Pelor and it says "Special: Must have Pelor as patron deity." So I'm wondering what they meant by that requirement. I really want to play a Stormlord in the next game I PC in so can someone please explain it to me. Thanks.

Rannil
2010-07-26, 04:23 PM
I found a "Talos" in the 3.5 deity index at crystalkeep. It's in Faiths & Pantheons page 63. It's a storm god, so I guess it fits a Stormlord.

Kylarra
2010-07-26, 04:25 PM
Talos is the CE god of storms from faerun. The adaptation section notes that if Talos isn't in your setting, it should work fine with any god of storms/nature etc.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-26, 04:33 PM
The adaptation section notes that if Talos isn't in your setting, it should work fine with any god of storms/nature etc.

I did not see that. Next time I play I'll see if they can worship Thor and still join the prestige class.

herrhauptmann
2010-07-26, 06:27 PM
Talos is the CE god of storms from faerun. The adaptation section notes that if Talos isn't in your setting, it should work fine with any god of storms/nature etc.

Same as with the radiant servant of Pelor/Lathander/generic sun god. Most divine PrC's have an adaptation clause (Even just Shining Sword of X)

Greenish
2010-07-26, 06:33 PM
Most divine PrC's have an adaptation clause (Even just Shining Sword of X)Is it just me, or is Shining Blade of Heironeous just ridiculously poor?

How did WotC figure that being able to spend a standard action to get a +1-+3 equivalent enhancement on your weapon is a good trade for 5/10 casting? :smallconfused:

Dr.Epic
2010-07-26, 06:39 PM
Same as with the radiant servant of Pelor/Lathander/generic sun god. Most divine PrC's have an adaptation clause (Even just Shining Sword of X)

Well I knew that about Shining Sword. I just somehow didn't notice the adaptation section for Stormlord. Can't wait to play that class. It requires you to get hit by lightning! How crazy is that?

Greenish
2010-07-26, 06:48 PM
Well I knew that about Shining Sword. I just somehow didn't notice the adaptation section for Stormlord. Can't wait to play that class. It requires you to get hit by lightning! How crazy is that?Shame about the three sucky feats it requires. The Storm Walk and Storm Ride are cool though, and turning mundane javelins to magical ones is a nice idea.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-26, 06:54 PM
Shame about the three sucky feats it requires. The Storm Walk and Storm Ride are cool though, and turning mundane javelins to magical ones is a nice idea.

Not to mention you continue to gain spell levels in your first class. Just don't pick druid because of all their wildshape stuff. As for the javelin thing, I got this scam: bring a spear or javelin to a magic shop or black smith and just show how it deal lightning damage by striking something. Convince them they don't need to cast detect magic or identify and sell the item for far more than it's actually worth,

Greenish
2010-07-26, 06:59 PM
Not to mention you continue to gain spell levels in your first class. Just don't pick druid because of all their wildshape stuff. As for the javelin thing, I got this scam: bring a spear or javelin to a magic shop or black smith and just show how it deal lightning damage by striking something. Convince them they don't need to cast detect magic or identify and sell the item for far more than it's actually worth,Better way for that: be a bard. You can convince anyone about anything.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-26, 07:16 PM
Better way for that: be a bard. You can convince anyone about anything.

But you don't get lightning powers and can't fly.

kladams707
2010-07-26, 07:34 PM
I am so making a divine bard stormlord of ______ now just for the hell of it.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-26, 07:37 PM
I am so making a divine bard stormlord of ______ now just for the hell of it.

You have to be able to cast DIVINE spells for Stormlord.

kladams707
2010-07-26, 07:39 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#bardVariantDivineBard

[edit]It's a variant of the class that makes the bard divine instead of arcane.

TooManyBadgers
2010-07-26, 08:47 PM
Not to mention you continue to gain spell levels in your first class. Just don't pick druid because of all their wildshape stuff.
Huh?

Wild Shape means Stormlord might not be the best choice for a Druid; it doesn't mean that Druid is a bad choice for a Stormlord.

CapnVan
2010-07-27, 03:53 AM
Not to mention you continue to gain spell levels in your first class. Just don't pick druid because of all their wildshape stuff. As for the javelin thing, I got this scam: bring a spear or javelin to a magic shop or black smith and just show how it deal lightning damage by striking something. Convince them they don't need to cast detect magic or identify and sell the item for far more than it's actually worth,

Best have quick feet, too. The effect wears off the weapon 1 round after leaving the stormlord's hand.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-07-27, 04:18 AM
Go Dwarf Cleric 5/ Stormlord 9/ Contemplative 6, worship a dwarven god of storms whose favored weapon is the lightning bolt/javelin, get the War and Dwarf domains, take Endurance, Brutal Throw, Extend Spell, Persistent Spell, DMM: Persistent, and whatever you want at 15 and 18, get most of those much sooner with flaws if you can. Your Contemplative domains should be Storm and Windstorm. Get Gloves of Endless Javelins and wear heavy armor and use a shield, and be sure to have plenty of Night Sticks. Eventually get an animated shield so you can be holding a spear when not throwing javelins. It gets everything a full Cleric can do and then some, and be sure to cast DMM: Persistent Stormrage from level 15 on.