PDA

View Full Version : How many weapons/armor do you carry at a time?

Acero
2010-07-26, 08:25 PM
Questions in the title.

Personally, this can vary incredibly by class.

My old wizard held nothing but a +2 frost quarterstaff and a nonmagical robe.
My Monk from a bit back. +1 holy handwraps of undead bane (big undead
adventure. got a lot of use)
The Paladin I'm playing though.

+4 cold iron Bastard sword of pure good
+5 greatclub
+2 ghost touch longsword
+3 returning throwing hammers
+4 returning throwing knives
+5 full plate
+3 mithril chain shirt
the list goes on. My Hammerspace is to the brim (with a couple hammers actually also

So what weapons to you bring with you to the field? Is it just your ancestral battleax or are you a walking armory?

senrath
2010-07-26, 08:27 PM
I generally carry around enough weapons to get at least one of each of the main damage types (bludgeoning, piercing, slashing) as well as at least one reach weapon. So a minimum of two weapons (assuming one carries two damage types and the other is a reach weapon that's of the third type), usually more.

On my spell casters, generally only one weapon, which is only used as an emergency.

Andion Isurand
2010-07-26, 08:37 PM
I would get a Badass Long Coat (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadassLongcoat) with access to lots of Hammerspace (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Hammerspace)...

Cutting wheels (Secrets of Sarlona, pg. 135-7) rock for the reason that they deal peircing and slashing simultaneously, can be finessed, can be thrown and they give +2 against disarm attamepts.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/105/0windfirewheels.jpg
Exotic Light Melee Weapon // 1d6 dmg // 19-20 crit // 10 ft. range inc. // 1 lb. // peircing and slashing // +2 against disarm attempts

Saya
2010-07-26, 09:09 PM
My current personal record is... 20 weapons, but it's for a throwing build.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-26, 09:14 PM
I once had a dwarf who carried 10 daggers, a great club, a war axe, and a large great goliath war hammer and wore medium armor.

Acero
2010-07-26, 09:31 PM
I would get a Badass Long Coat (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadassLongcoat)

My monk had that, with a ring that slowed time. helped alot in making things dramatic

Andion Isurand
2010-07-26, 09:34 PM

Go for the Telekinetic Boomerang power in Races of the Wild...
...lets each affected weapon return to you between each iterrative attack... meaning for a full round attack, you need only one weapon for each hand.

7th lvl scrub
2010-07-26, 09:53 PM
In the 4e campaign I'm playing in now we had one character, a paladin, that was quite literally a walking armory. At one point he had two separate sets of plate armor, at least 5 swords, and a crossbow. At one point, one player in our group took his character sheet, and drew a picture of the character with several swords on his back, and needless to say, his character has been the source of many jokes.

Swordgleam
2010-07-26, 09:55 PM
Depends on the game. My Iron Heroes Man-at-Arms had to buy a couple of wardogs to carry his armaments because sometime after the third greataxe, the DM ruled he couldn't carry it all. My 4e rogue just had a pair of rapiers and some throwing daggers. My Midgard berserker had an axe, a sax, a scramsax, and some constantly-repaired armor.

Acero
2010-07-26, 09:57 PM
Depends on the game. My Iron Heroes Man-at-Arms had to buy a couple of wardogs to carry his armaments because sometime after the third greataxe, the DM ruled he couldn't carry it all. My 4e rogue just had a pair of rapiers and some throwing daggers. My Midgard berserker had an axe, a sax, a scramsax, and some constantly-repaired armor.

wait, he was a musician? Or do you mean saxe like a saxe knife, which i has never seen outside of Ranger's Aprentice?

Starfols
2010-07-26, 10:29 PM
Depends. I'll usually have at least a dagger, if I'm a caster. Melee characters have their primary weapon(s), any specialized extra, and a ranged weapon.

Then again, if I'm lazy (which is often), I'll neglect to put them on my character sheet (or any items whatsoever :smallwink:).

Swordgleam
2010-07-26, 10:33 PM
wait, he was a musician? Or do you mean saxe like a saxe knife, which i has never seen outside of Ranger's Aprentice?

Yeah, I meant the knife. Though the Man-at-Arms did have Perform(stringed instruments) and carried around a lyre with a blade hidden in it. He was a little paranoid about ever being caught without weapons.

DaedalusMkV
2010-07-26, 10:39 PM
It obviouslt varies from character to character, but my record is 7 weapons ready for use and four in the backpack. My Duskblade had:
-A Falchion and a Guisarme slung across his back.
-A rapier and Morningstar on his belt
- A dagger attached to each leg
- A crossbow... Somewhere. I can't remember where. Maybe it was also on his back.
-4 more daggers in his pack.

That was about as far as I could go without breaking my ability to imagine him, and even then he looked ever so slightly silly. But, I had every contingency covered except bludgeoning Reach, and I don't even think there is such a thing... Regardless, I found it to be a very effective weapons loadout, even if I never used the daggers in a fight and only used the Rapier once.

Snake-Aes
2010-07-26, 10:44 PM
1 reach weapon
1 1h weapon
1 light weapon
1 ranged weapon
ammunition for the ranged weapon.

All in all, it's quite a simple setup from a d&d perspective. Unless you count spares that I am not using because there's better stuff....but usually that means just one or two depleted whatevers.

Tyndmyr
2010-07-26, 10:50 PM
Depends on the character. Since I play predominantly casters, here's what I tend to pack.

One melee weapon, with wand chamber. Typically a long sword, if elvish, since proficiency means I may someday hit on something other than a nat 20. This is used solely so that I threaten.

An adamantium dagger or other small/tiny weapon. Boot blades are also awesome. This exists to be concealed in order to escape from any physical traps.

A rod of many wands. Also, many, many, many wands. This gets busted out when the spells per day get strained.

A heavy crossbow, loaded with tumbling bolts. This is the early level version of the rod. 1d10+2 damage is no joke at level 1, and thus, it provides basically one free attack per combat without burning spell slots. Obviously, reloading only happens outside of combat.

Kusari-gama are also nice.

Swordgleam
2010-07-26, 10:57 PM
That was about as far as I could go without breaking my ability to imagine him, and even then he looked ever so slightly silly.

Pff. I'm a girl who's a bit on the small side and at renfaires I have a falchion on my back, a shortsword on one side and a longsword on the other, a dagger in each of my boots and I'm planning on getting more daggers for my thigh and my bracers and my belt. I could fit a crossbow on my back without much trouble and still have room for another sword or two. It just gets tricky to sit down.

TheWerdna
2010-07-26, 10:59 PM
My current charecter (L8 Swordsage / L2 Fighter) has

+3 Longsword: Carried on back, main weapon.

Adamantite Gauntlet: On left hand. Magical, lets me make a single off-hand attack with no penalty. Does not stack with TWF

Masterwork Shortsword: Carried on belt, back-up weapon

+1 Composite Longbow: Strapped to quiver, which is worn on back

Daggers: (2) Regular Daggers, one on belt and the other hidden in right boot. Silvered Dagger attached to the strap for longsword. Cold Iron Dagger on belt.

Masterwork Warhammer: kept in bag of holding

dgnslyr
2010-07-26, 11:06 PM
It obviouslt varies from character to character, but my record is 7 weapons ready for use and four in the backpack. My Duskblade had:
-A Falchion and a Guisarme slung across his back.
-A rapier and Morningstar on his belt
- A dagger attached to each leg
- A crossbow... Somewhere. I can't remember where. Maybe it was also on his back.
-4 more daggers in his pack.

That was about as far as I could go without breaking my ability to imagine him, and even then he looked ever so slightly silly. But, I had every contingency covered except bludgeoning Reach, and I don't even think there is such a thing... Regardless, I found it to be a very effective weapons loadout, even if I never used the daggers in a fight and only used the Rapier once.

BY THE GODS WHY DOES THE CROSSBOW HIDDEN IN AN UNSPECIFIED LOCATION EVOKE SUCH TERRIBLE MENTAL IMAGERY.

I really hope you didn't take the Craft Disturbing Image feat.

And yet, it's awesome in its own bizarre, twisted way.

Saya
2010-07-26, 11:12 PM
Go for the Telekinetic Boomerang power in Races of the Wild...
...lets each affected weapon return to you between each iterrative attack... meaning for a full round attack, you need only one weapon for each hand.

I would, but a few reasons I'm not doing it is 1. Psion isn't allowed in the current campaign, and 2. Not sure I could even fit those classes into my current build as I'm already stretching things a little :/

Andion Isurand
2010-07-26, 11:46 PM
I would, but a few reasons I'm not doing it is 1. Psion isn't allowed in the current campaign, and 2. Not sure I could even fit those classes into my current build as I'm already stretching things a little :/

Perhaps you could try getting your DM to make a "Rebounding" magic weapon ability (or psionic weapon ability if psionic items are not banned)... perhaps a +3 ability to be safe.

AslanCross
2010-07-27, 12:51 AM
My warforged warblade had two weapons: His executioner's mace and his fist. EDIT: He had a heavy crossbow too, which actually came in useful once, when he was able to use poison recovered from some lizardfolk stashes without fear of poisoning himself.

My other character, an artificer, had a crossbow, a necklace of fireballs, and wand of magic missile.

Andion Isurand
2010-07-27, 01:11 AM

If you ever get to sling a bundle of 21 wands at your enemy...

21 Wand Salute (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8660426#post8660426)

Ravens_cry
2010-07-27, 02:59 AM
I generally only have one set of armour on martial characters. But weapons, I like to have something from each of the basic damage types as well as a reach weapon, preferably with bracing. And a dagger.
You always need a dagger.

nysisobli
2010-07-27, 03:30 AM
My fighter is up to 13 i believe

1 longsword on side, 2 daggers in boots, 1 hatchet on side, a shortsword on side, 1 great axe on back, 1 longbow on back, 2 metal braced gloved(gauntlets but only the knuckles are metal, spiked shield, a spear that i call from the celestial plane, and 2 throwing daggers, kept on the inside of my spiked shield =)

FuryOfMetal
2010-07-27, 04:02 AM
I like to try and fit as much as I can on my person. Morningstar is great as it's simple and does piercing and bludgeoning simultaneously. Then my primary weapon, a backup (always a longsword or shortsword, masterwork), 5 mundane daggers about my person, a silver, cold iron and adamantium dagger. That's...11. I'd only have 1 set of armour though, maybe a backup mithral chain.

Earthwalker
2010-07-27, 05:05 AM
Armour

Long Coat over armoured vest.

Weapons (Carried)

Colt Manhunter heavy pistol on right hip. (2 spare clips)
Scorpion machne pistol in shoulder holster left side (2 spare clips)
Walther holdout pistol in left coat pocket. (8 extra rounds loose in pocket)
Walther Holdout pistol in quick draw box straped to right wrist. 4 spare shots in box. Linked via datajack to brain.
Three throwing knives on left wrist.
Walther PPK light pistol concealed holster, small of back. (no spare ammo)
Rapier on left hip.
Diamond coated thorwing spikes (4) desiged as pattern on cowboy boots.
Combat knife strapped to left leg.
Monofiliment Whip in secret compartment in figer tip on right hand.

Total 5 guns about 200 rounds of ammo, 3 melee weapons and 7 throwing weapons. I don’t want to get shot for a lack of shooting back.

In Car

CMDT combat shotgun. – 3 clips slugs, 2 clips shot.
Ingram Smart Gun SMG – 2 clips apds, 1 clip Gel rounds.
Ranger Arms sniper riffle broken down into non descript breif case. 20 rounds of ammo.

This is Shadowrun not DnD.

Vitruviansquid
2010-07-27, 05:16 AM
One. But it always named to sound as menacing as possible.

Snake-Aes
2010-07-27, 05:42 AM
One. But it always named to sound as menacing as possible.

My +2 longsword is the "Elbow to Face" and my +1 whirling Scimitar has a name that translates roughly as "the one that owns you and rubs it in your face immediately afterwards, with too much pain filling in for the dishonor"

Vitruviansquid
2010-07-27, 06:13 AM
My +2 longsword is the "Elbow to Face" and my +1 whirling Scimitar has a name that translates roughly as "the one that owns you and rubs it in your face immediately afterwards, with too much pain filling in for the dishonor"

My current character is using a fullblade named "Disease." If she dies, I'll be rolling an Avenger with a weapon named "Nightfall."

My last character had a battleaxe named "King Tiger." Yes, the character's theme was German stereotypes. :smallwink:

kestrel404
2010-07-27, 06:32 AM
My rogue tends to carry a longsword, a shortsword, four or five daggers, a sap, a shortbow, a crossbow, several flasks of oil (for my bullseye lantern, flinging purposes, or laying traps), a weighted throwing net, a torch, a vial of acid, and any wands/scrolls he's managed to accumulate.

He carries specialized weapons if he knows he'd going into a fight with something specific (like undead or demons).

Excession
2010-07-27, 06:34 AM
Haven't played the character, but I have a 4e Eladrin ranged rogue in the queue who would be carrying:

- Superior crossbow. Hand crafted special order, pearl inlay in the stock and everything. She always keeps it within reach.
- Drow Hand crossbow. In case she gets attacked while cleaning/adjusting the big guy.
- Longsword. Belonged to her father, keeps it for sentimental reasons.
- Short sword on left hip. Backup melee weapon.
- Dagger on right hip. Second backup melee and ranged weapon.
- Other daggers. Lots of them. She collects them from people she kills :smalleek:.
- Leather armour.
- Deep-Pocket Cloak. It's a badass longcoat and a bag of holding in one. Probably contains roughly one of everything.

Psyx
2010-07-27, 06:49 AM
Normally:

Main weapon
Sensible medium-sized back-up
Ranged thing
Dagger
Maybe another Dagger

Worst one is probably my WFRP character:

Pair of hand axes
Great axe
Sword
2 spears
Bow
Shield
Dagger

Ossian
2010-07-27, 07:33 AM
Party member 1
Bastard sword, dagger, one medium armor, clothes

PM2
Bastard sword, dagger, throwing dagger, longbow, light armour

PM3
Fists. Clothes. One bastard sword

PM4
3 to 4 daggers, one quarterstaff, robes+bracers (magical)

Badgerish
2010-07-27, 07:48 AM
For 4ed, I think my Artificer|Swordmage carries the most: 2 daggers, 1 longsword, 1 Trantyr, 1 greatspear. When I get a 'farbond spellblade' longsword, he won't need the spears.

The closest I get to 3.5 nowadays is DDO (The D&D 3.5 based MMORPG), where my Dwarven Ranger1/ClericX carries:
+5 Dwarven Waraxe (main weapon)
+4 ghost-touch Dwarven Waraxe (as misschances suck)
+4 Abberation-Bane Dwarven Waraxe (which doesn't BLEEPing work on BLEEPing Beholders due to their BLEEPing antimagic)
'muckbane' +1 oozebane glass club (for oozes, slimes and rustmonsters)
+5 plate armour (main armor)
+? leather armor (for rustmonsters and slimes)
+5 steel shield (main shield)
+2 wooden shield (boosts healing, also used for rustmonsters)
+2 humanbane comp. longbow
quiver (upto 1200 arrows/bolts)

Person_Man
2010-07-27, 09:01 AM
Haberdash (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5266526) carries a few dozen weapons at any time.

Also, all of my builds carry nets. Very useful at every level.

Ruinix
2010-07-27, 10:04 AM
at my current campaing I have an archer ranger and i go with:

-great long bow +2 dragonbane
-greatsword mw
-short spear mw

500 normal arrows.
200 Bl. arrows.
200 P/S arrows.
10 holy water flasks.
10 alchemy fire flasks.
and some few frost and fire and magebane arrow.

all stored in a elhona quiver.

Ernir
2010-07-27, 10:22 AM
Depends on the carrying capacity, often. My Goliath Paladin is carrying his grandfather's falchion, a greathammer, a longspear, a shortsword, a longbow, a battering ram, and his stone-studded fists. All of it at the ready and (except for the longbow, I think) sized for a large character. :smallamused:

Escheton
2010-07-27, 10:42 AM
Fightertypes tend to have a few harpoons, a bow, a reach weapon, a towershield, a warmace, a good exotic sword. And either 1 metalline weapon or a few daggers of each type
Not to forget spiked gauntlets and armor.
Ghost tough and such through crystals. Later lvl some smiters,dismissers and disruptors.

Mages and druids just 1 tricked out quarterstaff and a dagger or something.

Rogues and rangertypes carry so much daggers, shortswords and special arrows/bolts on top of their epic mounts of tools they could not carry it without magic items to do so.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-27, 11:05 AM
3.5 Rogues, typically:

adamantine keen rapier: piercing
unarmed strike: bludgeoning
dagger: slashing or piercing; also (short) ranged, slashing or piercing
composite longbow (if Elf) or else shortbow: ranged, piercing
sling: ranged, bludgeoning

EvilJoe15
2010-07-27, 11:50 AM
Personally, I carry a 3" metal rod with one end sharpened to a razor point, and a hook on the other; A 2.5" Tac folder; A 1" Keychain knife on a break-away cord around my neck; A three bladed circular folder that's more for show then anything; And a little 4oz squirtgun(Don't ask).

My characters carry at least two daggers(1 Adamantine, 1 Silver), many carry 4-6.

Shapesand, and lots of it.

An Adamantine Sledgehammer, for use with Stone Dragon.

A ranged weapon, typically a sling since it requires simple proficiency.

A primary Melee that depends on the build.

Ashiel
2010-07-27, 01:47 PM
My warriors (and a few non-warriors) are always armed with a slashing gauntlet, a crushing gauntlet (cestus), a sling, a reach weapon (I'm fond of ranseurs and longspears, but glaives are nice too); sometimes with a spiked shield and armor spikes. Once money becomes more available, I may also pick up a longbow or something similar.

So bare minimum is 4 weapons, a slashing, bludgeoning, piercing (w/reach), and ranged bludgeoning. I'm also fond of grabbing quarterstaves at lower levels since they're essentially free two handed double weapons; and almost everyone can use 'em. :smallbiggrin:

Lupian
2010-07-27, 02:16 PM
Whenever im playing any kind of character(expect druids or sorcerers), I ALWAYS have at least 2 blades, preferably a medium and a small one, a composite longbow with a str bonus of at least my str modifier+2(usually that means +7), and of course a bludge(forgot name) weapon.

I also carry around a load of different arrow types, at least 10 silver, sometimes some adamant or cold iron, and the best, lightest armour I can get(for everything but tank-warrior, I take mithral breastplate-otherwise, mithral FULL plate).

as a ranger I always take a wand of CLW, and as a full caster several healing /battlefield control scrolls.

That's about it, although I also always give my "loyal" steed a masterwork SLeather barding.

Leon
2010-07-28, 03:19 AM
Current/On Hold PCs

Kazgrul Stormcaller - Sorcerer (Homebrew Variant). Has a morning star that's never been used (Who needs a weapon when you have Lightning spells. [next level they go Unlimited...])

Jo'Hanrik Stormstrider - Warblade. Greatsword (MstWk), 3 Light hammers

Razak Na'jzur - Druid/Spirit Incarnate. Glaive

Mikael of Torm - Cleric of Torm. +3 Ghost Touch Flail, Mace of Sleep

Kargun Imrakson - Rune Bearer (Ex Shield Breaker, Miner). Pickaxe (think Greataxe/Pick in one weapon), Hand axe, Crossbow, Dagger, Magic Sword (+1 - 1st non spell magic item we got, taken from the hands of a Revenant and used to kill it), Shield

Demetrius - Archivist/Berzerker. +2 Flail, Morning star, Crossbow, Halberd

Drake - Tech Priest. Laspistol, Las Carbine (Overcharged), Mono Axe

Escheton
2010-08-04, 12:12 AM
Notn but a ladder http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn0R1_ue4oY&feature=youtu.be

Traveler
2010-08-04, 08:38 AM
My character's usually only carry the armor they are usually so 1.

Weapons, I think my record for weapons was...
1 exotic two bladed sword,
1 standard longsword,
1 mwk longsword,
1 silver scimitar,
1 morning star,
1 hand axe,
1 dagger,
and 1 heavy crossbow.

He used to have a great sword, but he lent it to another fighter in the party.

Edit: Oh, and now I need to get a ladder.

Roderick_BR
2010-08-04, 09:26 AM
I usually carry only one armor set, then 1 melee weapon (since more slashing weapons can deal puncturing as well, it covers 2 types), another for bludgeoning, finally, a ranged weapon (usually bow or crossbow), and that's it. I'm still used to AD&D, where you usually had only 1 weapon for life.

Snake-Aes
2010-08-04, 09:33 AM
My new Long Group character uses a Bastard Sword, unarmed strike, a composite longbow and easily concealable piercing weapons, like daggers.
Twice over the last week she went Jackie Chan with a ladder and a bedroll too.

Armor is a breastplate with armor spikes (chainshirt if mithral is lacking).

RndmNumGen
2010-08-04, 09:52 AM
Right now my current character has two weapons; A Mithral Rapier and a Dagger. The reason? He can't carry anymore, he has a strength penalty. That's why I had the rapier made out of Mithral.

Zieu
2010-08-04, 10:18 AM
My ranger needs to travel light, so it's really just weapons he carries:

- One set of light armor
- One +1 Bastard sword on his hip
- A +1 Longsword slung across his back
- Main bow (+2 comp. longbow, +2 strength)
- Backup bow (+1/+1)
- Two daggers in underarm holsters

- All my non-pointy tools/items in Hewards
- Potions on belt

Barbarian ends up carrying all the loot we find + things sorceror can't carry in a treasure chest strapped to his back. He's got enough sets of weapons/armor/magical items to serve as a mobile armory for a legion or two of any army, Large, Medium-sized or Small.

gorfnab
2010-08-04, 11:17 PM
I would get a Badass Long Coatwith access to lots of Hammerspace...

Shivving Duster (Dragon Magazine 339, 3660gp modified +1 Leather Armor) add in Bag of Holding Type 1 (2500, x1.5 for adding new ability to existing item) so =~7410gp for a Leather Duster Coat that gives you +3 Armor (max dex +6, 10% ASF), +5 to Sleight of Hand checks when hiding objects on person, +5 on Bluff checks to feint in combat, and 250lbs of nondimensional space. Not too shabby

CakeTown
2010-08-04, 11:42 PM
My 4E rogue only wears one set of armor, but she has quite a few weapons.

-Poisoned Rapier+2. Main melee weapon.
-Distance Dagger+3. Main ranged weapon. You never know when you'll need some extra distance.
-Wyrmtooth Dagger+2. Pointless for a rogue, but I wanted a souvenir from the dragon we killed.
-8 non magical daggers. Just in case I lose my other daggers.
-non magical dagger from my backstory, looks like a sacrifical dagger and gives me a +2 to Bluff checks(DM gave us all benefits based on our backstories)

The party's fighter carried a lot of weapons. I think he might have sold some of them though.
-longspear
-halberd
-javelin
-crossbow
-plus all the weapons we looted from enemies

drengnikrafe
2010-08-05, 12:29 AM
I have this fourth level design that carries around one weapon of each damage type and of each material, for the most part. It's something like 15 weapons, or something weird like that.

In reality, I generally go weapon focus with a melee who has his main weapon and a backup weapon of the same sort, making 2 plus one set of armor. A wizard/caster will hold a quarterstaff in case of emergencies.

TurtleKing
2010-08-05, 12:41 AM
Alright the contest for the most weapons as ended for a homebrew race I play-tested beats you all. I played a prinny which has a prinny bomb, prinny attack were explode when thrown, and prinny daggers in my prinny bag. Mountains of prinny daggers-infinite daggers. I always loved when they wanted me to hand over all my weapons, and their response when I start make a pile of prinny daggers.:smallbiggrin:

Another character that is a caster I played had her quarterstaff, dwarven bread (club), and a +2 shocking quarterstaff.

Factotum has: Justice Sap of Silencing, dagger, Adamatine Returning Dagger, longsword, longbow with ammo, and a ring that turns him into anything while retaining his own stats.

Sintanan
2010-08-05, 02:16 AM
Shivving Duster (Dragon Magazine 339, 3660gp modified +1 Leather Armor) add in Bag of Holding Type 1...

Now how in the world did I miss this fun item...?

Hmm... might have to make something similar to the katana chucker now.

arguskos
2010-08-05, 02:30 AM
Let's see...

-Thaxos (avatar) carries none (no surprise there).
-Proto-01 (alcoholic armored starfish berserker/binder) carries a dragon mane, a light mace, a gladius, 4 daggers, and a light crossbow. I think he carried something else too.
-War Machine has a shotgun, two automatic pistols, a flamethrower, a machine gun, a missile launcher, and armor spikes built into his armor. He also carries a sniper rifle, is working on a ripper (http://www.unrealtournament2003.com/images/utgoty/weapon_ripper_s.gif) (hurls razor-sharp disks) and a net-thrower, and is trying to make a grenade launcher. (Yes, this character is 3.5, it's complicated, don't ask)
-Sir Hector Nonus (priest of the Red Knight, god of tactics) carries a pair of tower shields, a longsword, a longspear, a light xbow, 2 daggers, a morning star, and is going to pick up a lucerne hammer at the next easy opportunity.

I tend to carry lots of weaponry if I'm not playing a mage. :smallamused:

Fallbot
2010-08-05, 08:23 AM
My group always laughed at me for this, but I've got nothing on some of you guys. My 4E ranger currently has;

3 magic longswords - I've forgotten which enchantments
2 non-magic longswords - not worth selling, but he's too cheap to just drop them
1 longbow (rebounding, I think) + ammo
1 crossbow + ammo - Holding onto it for a friend
1 short sword - Ditto
1 dagger

Only one set of armour I'm afraid.

KiltedGrappler
2010-08-05, 08:51 AM
My current faux-viking fighter has:

A broadsword, spear, throwing hammer, warhammer, dagger, and a longbow and arrows. That covers slashing, piercing, blugeoning, melee reach, a long range missile, a short range missile, and missiles with either piercing or blugeoning damage.

Darius Rae
2010-08-09, 10:59 PM
My Swift Hunter//Swiftblade has, or will have the following

Elvencraft Composite Longbow with a bow blade and wand chamber, enchanted as a Metamagic Rod of Quicken (3 weapons, 4 if you count the wand)

Efficient Quiver with:
2 Harpoons with immovable rods glued to their ropes
Backup Longbow
Shortbow
10 Magebane Arrows
10 Shattermantle Arrows
10 Adamantine Arrows
10 Cold Iron Arrows
10 Silver Arrows

Quiver
6 Blunt Arrows
7 Serpentstongue Arrows
7 Swiftwing Arrows

Quiver of Endless Arrows

Sleeve Blade
Boot Blade
Crowbar (for picking locks and bludgeoning)

Yes, I am very paranoid about not having enough ammunition...

edit: Spiked (or thorned in this case) Leafweave armor.

TheManlyFlower
2010-08-10, 09:43 AM
Aside from the standard Reach/Pierce/Slash/Blud weapons, i usually always have either a nonlethal enchanted weapon or sap on hand. It's amazing how much use I always find for such a weapon as roleplaying flavour. I generally also carry a huge variety of different arrows/bolts. Our DM allows the purchase of smaller quantities of magic arrows (+1 enhance bonus) at 50G each. So i usually carry arrows in quantities of 5 for different types of Bane arrows, elemental arrows, distance arrows etc.