PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars Guild Names

TechnOkami
2010-07-27, 12:06 AM
Let me give a very VERY brief history of me and guilds. The first one I made was Twilight Lycans [TwiL] pre the whole Twilight franchise. When it did eventually come out, it automatically ruined the guilds name (because I as trying to fuse something along the lines of werewolves and the twilight from TLoZ:TP) and I created a new guild: The Wolves Of Ironwood [Clan]. Your basic nordic reference using the ironwood forest and more wolves (because I just like wolves, what can I say...) with the Isle of Weeping Stone Guild Hall.

I'm having second thoughts on its name and still want a wolf like reference with Nordic Mythology laid in. Any ideas?

...or does this name sound cool enough?

Due tell.

JeminiZero
2010-07-27, 12:54 AM
I'm having second thoughts on its name and still want a wolf like reference with Nordic Mythology laid in. Any ideas?

How about Fenrir?

TechnOkami
2010-07-27, 01:07 AM
So what, like "Sons of Fenrir" or "Wolves of the Ragnarok"?

Zen Master
2010-07-27, 04:14 AM
So what, like "Sons of Fenrir" or "Wolves of the Ragnarok"?

Hm - Odin has two wolves named Gere and Freke. Those are the real nordic names, there is likely anglication of them. Don't know it that helps, tho.

Or you could go with the more famous ravens, Hugin and Munin. Ravens, obviously, aren't wolves - but ravens are cool. The names mean The Mind, and The Memory, btw.

Athaniar
2010-07-27, 06:55 AM
Fenrir's sons were named Skoll (Treachery) and Hati (Enemy), and they would eat the sun and moon at Ragnarok. These three are usually known as Wargs. There is also the Cerberus-like (albeit one-headed) Garm.

Lord Loss
2010-07-27, 07:41 AM
I'd use The Hounds of Ragnarok myself.

Setra
2010-07-28, 03:05 PM
'Fangs of Fenrir' sounds cool to me, but I've been known to come up with horrible guild names.

I forgot my old guild name... man I haven't played Guild Wars in forever, fun game though. My friends and I made a guild called 'Death to idiocy'. or somesuch like that back in the day.