PDA

View Full Version : Rebellion V - Night 13 (Page 33)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-27, 01:01 AM
After a long hiatus, it's time for the return of the only werewolf style game that has ever ended in a draw (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4080162#post4080162)!

You've heard the tales, now it's time to test your mettle! Have you got what it takes to rule the realm? Will you stand by your liege against all enemies? Or will you join the rebellion and attempt a coup?

THE RULES

THE CLASSES AND THE ROLES

There are two classes: Nobility and Peasantry. There are also two alignments: Loyalists and Rebels.

NOBILITY

Emperor – The Emperor cannot be slain at night while Loyalist Imperial Guardsmen or the Captain of the Guard still live. The Emperor’s vote counts thrice. The Emperor cannot be converted.
Heir – The Heir becomes the Emperor upon the Emperor’s demise. The Heir’s vote counts twice. If the Heir succeeds the Emperor, there will be one full day between the previous Emperor's death and the coronation of the new Emperor. (If the Emperor is lynched on Day 1, Night 1 and Day 2 will pass, and the coronation will happen at the end of Day 2. If he is killed by Rebels on Night 1, Day 2 and Night 2 will pass and the coronation will happen at the beginning of Day 3.)
Royal Investigator – The Royal Investigator has many tools and much training at his disposal and is able to determine a player's allegiance with a night action.
Captain of the Guard – The Captain of the Guard sends Imperial Guardsmen to protect one citizen each night from assassination. He is difficult to corrupt.
Imperial Guardsmen – The Imperial Guardsmen fight side by side and know each other well. They are difficult to corrupt.
The Court Couple – The subject of much discussion and speculation amongst the upper crust, a pair of Nobles have fallen in love but must keep it a secret. Should one of them die the other dies as well. In addition, if the court couple both point at the same person, their combined vote will count as three instead of two.
Court Noble

PEASANTRY

The Sheriff (Day Baner) - The Sheriff is a loyal appointee of the Empire and is duty bound to protect it. He is capable of keeping lynch mobs in check and as such can protect a person from being lynched. He is also trusted by the Court and can keep them from executing a person he believes is loyal to the crown. Vote counts twice. This person is difficult to corrupt.
The Gossip – The Gossip has tendrils in several circles and can learn a player's class with a night action.
The Drunkard – The Drunkard thinks he or she is the Gossip, but people have a grand time giving this person faulty information to see how long it takes to figure it out. When scrying, the Drunkard will be given a random class.
Lovers – The fates of the lovers are intertwined. If one should die, so will the other. In addition, if the lovers both point at the same person, their combined vote will count as three instead of two.
Peasant

REBELS

Rebel Leader – The Rebel Leader picks the Rebel Soldiers and the Rebel Spy. The Rebel Leader appears as a Loyalist Peasant when spied upon.
Rebel Spy – The Rebel Spy, trained in the same investigative techniques as the Royal Investigator, but somewhat less restricted in information gathering tools, can determine a player's class and role with a night action.
Rebel Soldier

THE ACTIONS

DAY

The Peasantry, both Loyalist and Rebel, incite a lynch mob each day, choosing to kill one person.
The Nobles, both Loyalist and Rebel, meet in court each day, choosing to execute one person.
All votes are made communally. They are tallied separately.
The Sheriff may opt to protect someone from either lynching or execution (one or the other, not both). This decision is sent to the narrators via PM before the end of the day is posted.

NIGHT

The Rebel Leader can send his Rebel Soldiers to assassinate one person or to convert one person to the Rebel Forces.
The Rebel Spy can follow one person to determine that player’s class and role.
The Royal Investigator and the Gossip may each follow one person to determine that player’s alignment and class, but not the player’s role.
The Drunkard can follow one person but, due to his or her drink-addled mind, decides upon a random alignment and class.
The Captain of the Guard protects one person from assassination each night.

ACHIEVING VICTORY

BY CLASS AND ALIGNMENT

The Loyalist Nobility wins by eliminating all of the Rebels.
The Loyalist Peasantry wins by surviving the rebellion until it ends.
The Rebels win by eliminating all Loyalist Nobles and the Sheriff or by placing a Rebel Heir on the throne.

SPECIAL CONDITIONS

The Heir wins if his alignment wins and he has succeeded the Emperor.
The Imperial Guardsmen win if their alignment wins and an Emperor or the Rebel Leader is still alive.
The Court Nobles win if their alignment wins and an Emperor is no longer alive.
The Sheriff wins if he survives and either The Emperor or a Loyal Heir is on the throne.

OTHER NOTES

CONVERSION
To convert someone, the Rebel Leader must send me the name a person they choose to convert and a decision of whether or not to attack on a refused invitation. I will then send the person who is to be converted an invitation. Should the person refuse and the Rebels have chosen to attack, there is a 20% chance of the person being slain, a 10% chance of a random rebel being slain, and a 10% chance of a random Rebel being unmasked in the ensuing battle. If the person is playing a role with the “difficult to corrupt” description, there is a 20% chance of the attempt automatically failing. Conversion has a two night cooldown. (If attempted, it cannot be attempted until the third night following the last attempt.)

AUTOLYNCHING
Failure to vote three times will result in an automatic death. Note that this is not three days in a row, but three days total.

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask now, before the game starts. :smallcool:

Players 19/43Aemoh
Alarra - Lynched/Executed Day 4 - Loyal Peasant
Anatharon** - Lynched/Executed Day 11 - Loyal Peasant
apeoflight
Azure Butterfly**
billtodamax* - (Lynched Day 1 - Loyal Peasant) Replaced the cake
bruntonspall - Lynched/Executed Day 6 - Rebel Noble
calar*
Castaras - Lynched/Executed Day 9 - Loyal Peasant
cd4**
Dallas-Dakota
Deathslayer7
Diva De - Executed Day 2 - Rebel Spy and Peasant
Dragoon - Lynched/Executed Day 7 - Peasant and Rebel Soldier
Eldritch Knight* - Assassinated Night 7 - Royal Investigator and Loyal
Fleeing Coward - Lynched/Executed Day 8 - Loyal Peasant
Griever - (Assassinated Night 4 - Loyal Peasant) Replaced Thufir
Heroic*
InaVegt*** - AL Day 11 - Not Replaced - Loyal Noble
Internet Flea
Irbis
Istari*
Kroy*** - AL day 3, Replaced by LLB on Day 5
lostlittlebear* - (Executed Day 1 - Loyal Peasant) Replaced Kroy
Murska* - Assassinated Night 10 - Loyal and Lover
Mustiado** - (Assassinated Night 3 - Loyal Peasant) - Replaced TheLaughingMan - Lynched/Executed Day 12 - Loyal Peasant
Philistine
Pink*** - Autolynched Day 6 - Replaced by Supagoof
PirateMonk - Executed Day 3 - Rebel Leader/Peasant
Reinholdt - Assassinated Night 9 - Gossip and Loyal
Robert Blackletter - Assassinated Night 5 - Loyal Noble
Shadow* - Assassinated Night 6 - Loyal Captain of the Guard
Siriq - Assassinated Night 1 - Loyal Peasant
Sir Broccoli*** - AL - Replaced by [TBD]
Strategos*** - AL Day 11 - Not Replaced - Loyal Peasant
Supagoof* - (Lynched Day 3 - Loyal and Sherriff) Replaced Pink
The Bushranger* - Lynched/Executed Day 13 - Noble Rebel Recruit
the cake*** - AL Day 5 - Replaced by billtodamax
TheLaugingMan*** - AL - Replaced by Mustiado
Thufir*** - AL Day 8 - Replaced by [Griever]
Trixie - Lynched/Executed Day 10 - Imperial Guard and Loyal
VampireRot - Lynched/Executed Day 5 - Loyal Peasant
Zar Peter - Murdered Night 10 - Lover and Loyal

Fleeing Coward
2010-07-27, 01:47 AM
Count me in

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-27, 02:13 AM
Holy smokes! There's still someone around from the last iteration? :smalltongue:

the cake
2010-07-27, 02:29 AM
I'll play this game.

Castaras
2010-07-27, 02:57 AM
I remember this game!

The zombie kitten returns again to claim their rightful throne....:smallbiggrin:

Griever
2010-07-27, 04:09 AM
The first ever Werewolf game I read, I have to be in!

Zar Peter
2010-07-27, 04:16 AM
Holy smokes! There's still someone around from the last iteration? :smalltongue:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp/Zartrophy.gif

Of course there is :smallbiggrin:

In!

billtodamax
2010-07-27, 06:40 AM
In, rule reading shall happen later.

Thufir
2010-07-27, 07:31 AM
What the mime said.

Trixie
2010-07-27, 07:36 AM
After a long hiatus, it's time for the return of the only werewolf style game that has ever ended in a draw (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4080162#post4080162)!

The only? :smallamused:

Ok, the other was finished recently, so it might not count.

On a side note - Star Wars game? Why I'm not in?

Alarra
2010-07-27, 08:13 AM
On a side note - Star Wars game? Why I'm not in?

Umm...this isn't a star wars game. I'm in!

Diva De
2010-07-27, 08:19 AM
A Zeb-run WW game? I'm in. Never played Rebellion before - looks fun.

Fleeing Coward
2010-07-27, 08:22 AM
I remember this game!

The zombie kitten returns again to claim their rightful throne....:smallbiggrin:

That throne would have been ours if Freshmeat had just agreed to side with us but no, we had to have open warfare between the peasents and the nobles for half the game instead :smalltongue:

Istari
2010-07-27, 08:32 AM
Yay, rebellion, I'd love to play

Supagoof
2010-07-27, 10:26 AM
A game that has ended in a draw
A game that has had a flawless Rebel Victory
A game that has had a narrator drop out/switch mid-game, and still ran successfully.

Lot's of quirks to this game. Needs some more Goof. I'm in!

Murska
2010-07-27, 12:50 PM
I'll join this one.

Internet Flea
2010-07-27, 01:50 PM
Looks fun, I'm in.

cd4
2010-07-27, 01:59 PM
I will join this game.

Eldritch Knight
2010-07-27, 02:26 PM
Oh, I am definatly getting into this one!

Hmmm.... Wandering Hero Archtype, Comic Relief character, or perhaps 'The Obi-Wan'?

Choices, Choices...

The Bushranger
2010-07-27, 03:25 PM
Count me in!

Supagoof
2010-07-27, 03:56 PM
*snip* or perhaps 'The Obi-Wan'?

Choices, Choices...Not a star wars game. :smalltongue: You show up with a lightsaber to the 16th century and you're gonna be lynched for sure. :smallamused:

Eldritch Knight
2010-07-27, 04:49 PM
Not a star wars game. :smalltongue: You show up with a lightsaber to the 16th century and you're gonna be lynched for sure. :smallamused:

'The Obi-wan' is actually a legitimate trope. Considering the character of Obi-wan Kenobi is widely recognized, to refer to 'The Obi-wan' is to make reference to the role that he played in the hero's tale, in this case being the doomed mentor who starts the hero on his path, but is ultimatly killed before the story's completion. A recognizable use of this trope within OotS would be Julio Scoundrel.

In a 16th century setting? Leonardo Da Vinci, perhaps.

Copacetic
2010-07-27, 07:10 PM
In, innity in in mcin. Have I mentioned in?

Shadow
2010-07-27, 07:11 PM
In with filler

Dragoon
2010-07-27, 07:45 PM
Well, when I read one of the game scripts it seemed interesting, sure why not, in.

Heroic
2010-07-27, 08:15 PM
Count me in.

calar
2010-07-27, 09:19 PM
Haven't done a recruitment game in awhile, Im in.

Deathslayer7
2010-07-27, 10:22 PM
why not count me in.

Philistine
2010-07-27, 10:25 PM
In-teresting.

Mustiado
2010-07-27, 10:46 PM

*points at his trophy list*

I still display that proudly. IN.

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-27, 11:32 PM
A game that has ended in a draw
A game that has had a flawless Rebel Victory
A game that has had a narrator drop out/switch mid-game, and still ran successfully.

Lot's of quirks to this game. Needs some more Goof. I'm in!:smallcool:
Not all of those things happened in the same game, though. Specifically, the narrator switch-out where I took over was Rebellion II. That was... well... that was some interesting times, let me tell you.

I should mention, I'll also be looking for someone to be a co-narrator on this with me. Largely because Alarra and I tend to be gone at the same times, so it doesn't make as much sense for her to back me up as we once thought it did. If you're interested, PM me.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-28, 12:50 AM
In, this looks like fun!

Irbis
2010-07-28, 04:46 AM

Yessss, this is so impossible it never happens :smallamused:

Is this a 20 player limit game?

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-28, 04:54 AM
Is this a 20 player limit game?Not in the least. I'll take as many as sign up before the start date (which was supposed to be this week, I think, but is going to be pushed back because I forgot about the fact that I'd scheduled this.)

Reinholdt
2010-07-28, 08:13 AM
I'll be in.

lostlittlebear
2010-07-28, 10:14 AM
In as Patrician Bear who sadly did not get his statue in RAF!

Internet Flea
2010-07-28, 04:35 PM
'The Obi-wan' is actually a legitimate trope. Considering the character of Obi-wan Kenobi is widely recognized, to refer to 'The Obi-wan' is to make reference to the role that he played in the hero's tale, in this case being the doomed mentor who starts the hero on his path, but is ultimatly killed before the story's completion. A recognizable use of this trope within OotS would be Julio Scoundrel.

In a 16th century setting? Leonardo Da Vinci, perhaps.

I have to ask why you want to play a character with "Is killed" as a fundamental trait.

Irbis
2010-07-28, 04:50 PM
In, if there will be not too much players.

ApeofLight
2010-07-28, 05:03 PM
This looks very interesting. Mind if I join in?

Alarra
2010-07-28, 08:25 PM
I have to ask why you want to play a character with "Is killed" as a fundamental trait.

Because he knows he's going to die early, so he's incorporating it into his backstory? :smallwink:

Eldritch Knight
2010-07-28, 09:08 PM
Because he knows he's going to die early, so he's incorporating it into his backstory? :smallwink:

Heck no, if I start the game as a ghost, how are they going to kill me?
:smallbiggrin:

Somehow, I have a feeling I'm missing an obvious flaw with this plan.....

Internet Flea
2010-07-28, 09:37 PM
Heck no, if I start the game as a ghost, how are they going to kill me?
:smallbiggrin:

Somehow, I have a feeling I'm missing an obvious flaw with this plan.....

Are you refering to the part where Obi-Wan started out alive?

(You know who pulled that off really well; Hamlet's dad. You should try playing "the Hamlet's Dad".)

Eldritch Knight
2010-07-28, 11:03 PM
I was more making reference to the trope than the actual copyrighted character. Just fishing for ideas at this point. I'm leaning towards 'Badass Clergyman' at this point.

Alarra
2010-07-29, 09:13 AM
Haven't you played that role a few times before?

Eldritch Knight
2010-07-29, 11:29 AM
Maybe, but this is the first time I can actually legitimately claim it in RL as well. (Well, except the 'badass' part..)

Sir Broccoli
2010-07-29, 12:43 PM
I just read Rebellion IV and it looks like fun! Can I join in on this one?

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-29, 01:04 PM
I just read Rebellion IV and it looks like fun! Can I join in on this one?I've added you to the players list. :smallcool:

Shadow
2010-07-29, 01:14 PM
Maybe, but this is the first time I can actually legitimately claim it in RL as well. (Well, except the 'badass' part..)

Congrats about that btw, I caught it on Bookface.

Diva De
2010-07-29, 06:51 PM
Congrats about that btw, I caught it on Bookface.

I need EK's Book of Face alias!

Aemoh
2010-07-29, 06:54 PM
If I'm not to late... IN :smallsmile:

Castaras
2010-07-30, 08:09 AM
I need EK's Book of Face alias!

I need both EK's and Shadow's!

PirateMonk
2010-07-30, 09:09 AM
I think this was the first game I joined. In. Hopefully I won't get lynched as the Emperor this time...

Kroy
2010-07-31, 08:17 PM
How did I not notice this? IN!

Strategos
2010-07-31, 09:10 PM
Sign me up please.

TheLaughingMan
2010-07-31, 10:06 PM
Okay, why not. In.

Shadow
2010-07-31, 10:54 PM
Sign me up please.

Awesome!
How's it going Strat? :smallbiggrin:

Strategos
2010-08-01, 02:21 AM
Awesome!
How's it going Strat? :smallbiggrin:

I'm getting back into the swing of things now, I've been a bit rusty having not played in a WW game for a couple of years :smallbiggrin:.

How have things been going for you?

Shadow
2010-08-01, 11:52 AM
I'm getting back into the swing of things now, I've been a bit rusty having not played in a WW game for a couple of years :smallbiggrin:.

How have things been going for you?
Pretty much the same. I've been away (mostly) for a while as well.

Eldritch Knight
2010-08-01, 08:16 PM
Hmm.. I suppose I should mention at this point that I am unsure how long it would take to re-establish my internet connection after my impending move. I should have a better idea closer to the date, but I am expecting that it will take some time. I may or may not drop out of the game, but that'll be determined closer to the date of my move.

bruntonspall
2010-08-05, 01:08 PM
I'm interested in playing, It's my first play by post WW game and first Non vanilla WW game so I expect to die soon :smallsmile:

VampireRot
2010-08-07, 09:14 AM
Has this not started yet, and is the maximum of players not yet reached? If so, awesome, I'm in.

Don't lynch the newbies Day 1. :smalltongue: Wait at least till Day 4.

InaVegt
2010-08-08, 09:37 AM
If you have room, count me in, eh?

TFT
2010-08-08, 07:50 PM
I'm going to regret this come start of school but sure, I'm in.

Inhuman Bot
2010-08-09, 04:04 AM
In and such.

Siriq
2010-08-10, 12:09 PM
im in if there is still room?

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-11, 06:19 AM
I will be getting this started shortly. I meant to have it up before GenCon, but that didn't happen and then, well, GenCon happened. :smallcool:

Be looking for role PM's within 48 hours. Hopefully on the low side of that.

bruntonspall
2010-08-11, 09:48 AM
Awesome, I'm very excited, and waiting with bated breath :)

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-11, 11:24 AM
Can i play if there time room

Shadow
2010-08-11, 11:35 AM
Not up to me but i don't see why not problem

Eldritch Knight
2010-08-11, 05:43 PM
This should be fun...

Pink
2010-08-11, 06:20 PM
...So...is it too late to try and squeak in this one? :P

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-12, 01:00 AM
Okay, folks! Recruitment is locked with a whopping 44 players, making this the largest Rebellion to date.

I'll be getting role PM's sent out shortly and I'll post here when I'm done.

EDIT: Role PM's have been sent out. They should closely resemble this boilerplate message...

Good morning!

You have the glorious distinction of being <<role>> in our grand Kingdom. I know, it doesn't seem like much, but the sway you have will become apparent as the game progresses. Don't forget that this is a game with recruitment, so your role might not always be so free of drama as it was when you woke up this morning.

Be mindful, also, that the rules for autolynch in this game are somewhat different than the norm. I do not use the "consecutive days" method. I prefer the "total days" method. This means that if you miss 3 day phase votes over the course of the game, you will be subject to autolynch. (Away notices are of course accepted, especially in a game as large as this one.)

As always, if you have questions, feel free to PM either me or the conarrator (who is at this time unconfirmed, but will be announced before the game actually starts).

Some of you have full PM boxes and did not get the message! Please clear them out and PM me so that I can send you your role! (Also, if you just didn't get one, PM me. Please do not ask for your role PM in thread.)

Inhuman Bot
2010-08-12, 02:00 AM
Some of you have full PM boxes and did not get the message! Please clear them out and PM me so that I can send you your role! (Also, if you just didn't get one, PM me. Please do not ask for your role PM in thread.)

I'd assume you have someone in mind, but if not, I'd be happy to help. :smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-12, 02:03 AM
I'd assume you have someone in mind, but if not, I'd be happy to help. :smalltongue:If you're talking about the conarrator, yes. I've asked someone to help me and just want to get confirmation that this person still wants to do it before I post the name.

EDIT: Confirmation that The Fiery Tower will be filling the role as Conarrator for this excursion. Please include him on all questions and night actions.

Supagoof
2010-08-12, 10:05 AM
Good morning!

You have the glorious distinction of being <<role>> in our grand Kingdom. I know, it doesn't seem like much, but the sway you have will become apparent as the game progresses. Don't forget that this is a game with recruitment, so your role might not always be so free of drama as it was when you woke up this morning.

Woke Up This Morning[/I] by Alabama 3]
You woke up this morning
Got yourself a sword,
Mama always said you'd be
A Nobel Lord.

She said: You're one in a million
It's your time to shine,
But you were born into a kingdom,
Where nobility still resides.

You woke up this morning
All the wolves were gone,
Zeb Troll never knew you'd
Be here to sing this song.

But you're looking good, baby,
I believe you're feeling fine, (shame about it),
Born into a kingdom,

You woke up this morning
The banners turned upside down,
Thing's ain't been the same
Since Rebels came into town.

But you're one in a million
You've got that peasant shine.
Born into a kingdom,

When you woke up this morning everything you had was
gone. By half sun up church bells were going ding-dong.
Ringing resound out from your head down to your toes,
like a voice telling you there was something you should
know. Last night you were flying but today you're so low
- ain't it times like these that make you wonder if
you'll ever know the alliance of royalty as they appear to
the others; Heir, Captain, Emperor, Loyal Gaurds and
Court couples. Don't you wish you didn't function, wish you
didn't think spent your next paycheck at the tavern for a
drink' Well you do so make up your mind to go on, 'cos
when you woke up this morning everything you had was gone.

When you woke up this morning,
When you woke up this morning, (oh yeah, oh yeah)
Mama said you'd be Noble Lord.

When you woke up this morning, (oh yeah, oh yeah)
You got yourself a sword....

VampireRot
2010-08-12, 10:42 AM
Applause.

Wow. Good job.

cd4
2010-08-12, 11:17 AM
If you're talking about the conarrator, yes. I've asked someone to help me and just want to get confirmation that this person still wants to do it before I post the name.

EDIT: Confirmation that The Fiery Tower will be filling the role as Conarrator for this excursion. Please include him on all questions and night actions.

If so you had better take him off the player's list on the first page.

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-12, 12:59 PM
If so you had better take him off the player's list on the first page.Whatever do you mean? He's not on the Player List, nuh uh.

>.>
<.<

:smallcool:

Inhuman Bot
2010-08-12, 01:14 PM
If you're talking about the conarrator, yes. I've asked someone to help me and just want to get confirmation that this person still wants to do it before I post the name.

I'd more meant if say, TFT decided he wasn't able to help, I'd be willing to. But he is, so I'm not. :smalltongue:

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-12, 01:23 PM
Anatharon for not being the co-narrator.

Zar Peter
2010-08-12, 03:32 PM
Hmmm... I could be wrong but I don't think this game has started. There was no "It is now day 1" from the narrators.

Shadow
2010-08-12, 04:04 PM
Zar Peter for acting like the co-narrator.

Castaras
2010-08-12, 04:36 PM
I disagree.

Pink
2010-08-12, 05:06 PM
I abstain for the moment. However I do agree with the general notion of Shadow.

Copacetic
2010-08-12, 05:23 PM
I disagree.

this.tenchar

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-12, 05:27 PM
this.tenchar
I agree.

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-13, 12:38 AM
Still waiting for a couple of people to clear out their inboxes. To those that have, thank you. :smallcool:

I'll give it just a bit longer and then those people will just have to PM me after the game start or get autolynched, I guess. :smallsigh:

Castaras
2010-08-13, 02:03 AM
I volunteer myself as the day 1 lynch victim. Unless, of course, y'all have a grudge with someone else. :smallamused:

I'm going to be away from 14th - 21st, so if you so desire lynch away with me. :smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-13, 02:50 AM
It has been a long and prosperous reign for PenguinSushi (now an Emperor Penguin, of course). But the time for peace and prosperity has passed. The Emperor has been long removed from the politics of the land and the people grow restless. They view his absence from the from the spotlight as a distance from the people. They feel he is no longer in touch with his subjects and cannot, therefore, truly rule well and with their best interests at heart.

Rumors are being woven in the dark corners of local taverns and in hushed tones in the streets. The time has come for an upheaval, a return to the way things once were. But who would be best suited to lead this land if not for the beneficent ruler they've enjoyed for so long? Would it be his heir? Would it be the instigator of the Rebellion? Or would the rebellion serve as a wake up call to the sitting sovereign?

As the opposite side of the coin, the Emperor's yin to the Rebellion's yang of shrouded secrecy and subterfuge, is the nearly ubiquitous propaganda for the current regime. Posters and cryers everywhere reminding anyone who will pay attention that the current regime has been good for the land as a whole, Noble and Commoner alike. Taxes have been at record lows. War has been a thing of memory, retained by only the eldest of veterans who pass the time regaling the young with their tales of long forgotten glory.

Knowing his rule is now less certain than it has been, the Emperor has receded further from view. There is much speculation as to his reasonings, but in truth, no one really knows why. Some say it is because he fears for his life. Some say he fears losing his power. Others, more loyal, swear that he is only in disguise, wandering amongst his people in order to regain that common bond that led him to the throne so long ago.

One thing is for certain, the land is now in upheaval and the political landscape is in turmoil. No one knows who to trust or who is just.

-----------------------------------

No one knows where or when or how, but the feeling is palpable now. The rebellion is going to leap from the taverns to the shadows. It's going to stop being talk and start being action. The war is going to come, and it's going to be ugly. Everywhere, people are choosing sides. Some out of a sense of idealism, some out of loyalty, and some simply hedging their bets in order to save their own hides.

-----------------------------------

On a foggy evening, a man walks along the streets of the Government Quarter in the capital, Johnson City. His eyes dart left and right, very aware that his life is in jeopardy simply by walking these streets and being known as one who is loyal to his liege. His paranoia is quickly proven to be justified as he hears a number of footfalls approaching him rapidly from behind. He turns to look, only to see a handful of people fade out of view. It's enough. They're after him. He takes off running and hears the footfalls behind him again. He doesn't stop to look this time. He has to get away. Frantically, he looks around for something, anything, that will give him an edge in this footrace. Gods! Why did today have to be the day that the beautification crews have removed all of the detritus? Ahead, he spies a group of guards. He picks up the pace, knowing that if he can just make it to them, his pursuers will give up the chase for fear of being discovered and executed for treason. In his panic, though, he forgets to look around and watch where he's going. He passes the corner of a building and finds himself tripped by a foot that wasn't there a moment ago. He goes sprawling to the ground and before he can even gasp for breath, let alone call for help, he feels a sharp blow to the back of the head setting his skull and his spine on fire before his vision tunnels and he loses conciousness.

The next morning, the body of the man is discovered near a fountain at the center of town. In his hand is a piece of parchment, rolled up like a scroll. There are no words, only a picture...

http://www.shenmansell.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/fist.png
----------------------------
Zeb The Troll was murdered by pirates assassinated by Rebels.

It begins...

Now!

billtodamax
2010-08-13, 03:15 AM
The Fiery Tower!

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-13, 03:57 AM
Anatharonday 1 random

lostlittlebear
2010-08-13, 04:11 AM
Kill bill!

bruntonspall
2010-08-13, 04:28 AM
What does a lostlittlebear do in the woods?

Sir Broccoli
2010-08-13, 04:35 AM
Deathslayer7, that name sounds way to evil if you ask me.

Irbis
2010-08-13, 04:35 AM
It is Broccoli that is evil :smallyuk:

Murska
2010-08-13, 05:09 AM
Irbis. . . .

Trixie
2010-08-13, 05:15 AM
Murska for being silly :P

Shadow
2010-08-13, 05:45 AM
Trixie, because Murska wasn't even attempting to be silly. That's just nonsense.

Trixie
2010-08-13, 05:57 AM
Combo-ing is always silly to me. What is this? 4-Chan? :smallyuk:

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-13, 05:58 AM
Lostlittlebear, because that one just has been used too much.

Zar Peter
2010-08-13, 06:49 AM
billtodamax is pointing at a narrator.

Just saying...

Diva De
2010-08-13, 08:59 AM
billtodamax is pointing at a narrator.

Just saying...

Don't you mean Robert Blackletter?

VampireRot
2010-08-13, 09:06 AM
The dice say that billtodamax must die!

Day 1 random, AWAY!

Siriq
2010-08-13, 09:08 AM
Lostlittlebear just random

InaVegt
2010-08-13, 09:10 AM
lostlittlebear because I hate bears.

the cake
2010-08-13, 09:36 AM
Supagoof is acting really simple, claiming his role like that.

Internet Flea
2010-08-13, 10:11 AM
Griever, for being 17th on the player list.

lostlittlebear
2010-08-13, 10:35 AM
Going to have sporadic net access over the next 3 days, please don't AL me. (Not Day 1 lynching me would be nice too! I already got lynched really early in Pirates :smallfrown:)

Copacetic
2010-08-13, 11:22 AM
Zar Peter for the day one random.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-13, 11:52 AM
kill the billtodamax!

Dragoon
2010-08-13, 12:05 PM
"Hey, has anyone seen Reinholdt around?"

PirateMonk
2010-08-13, 03:06 PM
Trixie, because blindly following Shadow always works out great.

Don't you mean Robert Blackletter?

No, TFT is the conarrator.

cd4
2010-08-13, 04:24 PM
PirateMonk for being above me

Pink
2010-08-13, 05:06 PM
Castaras because why should only the first day be random.

The Bushranger
2010-08-13, 05:08 PM
Fleeing Coward. :smallwink:

Aemoh
2010-08-13, 05:55 PM
*points at Eldritch Knight*

For ze day 1 random.

billtodamax
2010-08-13, 06:03 PM
*facepalm*

Sorry Lostlittlebear

ApeofLight
2010-08-13, 06:28 PM
lostlittlebear because it seems to be gaining popularity.

Istari
2010-08-13, 06:58 PM
Pink since I just got back

Eldritch Knight
2010-08-13, 07:59 PM
lostlittlebear

Run for your lives! Runaway Bandwagon!

*A Bandwagon rushes by down the hill, and the tuba player ends up falling out and into his instrument*

Fleeing Coward
2010-08-13, 08:19 PM
Trixie because of lots of reasons that I can't put into words :smallamused:

Alarra
2010-08-13, 08:46 PM
Dragoon, cause we killed Reinholdt first last game.

Griever
2010-08-13, 11:44 PM
Murska........

Dragoon
2010-08-14, 12:04 AM
Dragoon, cause we killed Reinholdt first last game.

Actually, it was The Bushranger who we killed first. :smalltongue:

Besides, it tradition for me.

Reinholdt
2010-08-14, 01:10 AM
Actually, it was The Bushranger who we killed first. :smalltongue:

Besides, it tradition for me.

Since when Dragoon? :smallconfused:

Dragoon
2010-08-14, 01:42 PM
Since when Dragoon? :smallconfused:

5 out of the last 6 games I've been in the same mafia game with you at least.

Though it is understandable you probably don't remember, besides Titan IV, the last game I was in was I believe a year ago. :smallredface:

Philistine
2010-08-14, 04:30 PM
I'ma go with Fleeing Coward, just cause.

Inhuman Bot
2010-08-14, 09:42 PM
Because I have no idea of who to pick, but I don't want to lose an autlynch day..

Well, I don't know how to use the roll code. But random point at Zar Peter.

As an aside, I don't understand why you chose to do autolynches the way you are. Any explanation?

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-14, 09:55 PM
Because I have no idea of who to pick, but I don't want to lose an autlynch day..

Well, I don't know how to use the roll code. But random point at Zar Peter.

As an aside, I don't understand why you chose to do autolynches the way you are. Any explanation?((Roll code doesn't work in the Structured Games forum.

I did it to eliminate day on/day off voting. I don't like it. I don't like that someone can only participate in half the game and still be considered playing. I want people to vote every day, but sometimes things come up, so I came up with this as a solution. I know not everyone likes it, but it's they way that I want to do it.))

Heroic
2010-08-14, 11:23 PM
lostlittlebear for now

calar
2010-08-14, 11:28 PM
Griever, you are today's lucky number 17 (http://www.random.org/)!

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-15, 01:39 AM
((You've all got about 90 minutes left to get your points in before I end the day and start writing the narration. I've still got roughly seven people who haven't pointed yet today.))

Strategos
2010-08-15, 01:43 AM
Oops, sorry I thought I had more time. Getting up at 6:30am has really thrown me off base today.:smallsigh:

I'll point at Dragoon.

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-15, 03:42 AM
Early in the morning the Emperor summons his nobles to court to discuss the most recent developments.

Gentlemen, Ladies, we have a problem. I need to get to the bottom of it. And the sooner the better. I need to hear your ideas about who might be involved in this uprising. I need to know who beat my most trusted advisor to death with what my investigators tell me is was most likely a weighted doll. Who would do such a thing? What kind of crazy uses children’s toys to assassinate ranking members of society?

Well?

WHO??

The Emperor turns his wrath on all assembled, dispensing unpleasantries and accusations at any who returned his gaze. Soon enough, everyone decided that it was better to accuse someone than no one. They all started pointing and naming names. Some randomly, some with explanations. One explanation seemed to be more plausible than the others.

Maybe it was that teddy bear that’s been running around town? Maybe it was a calling card?

Yeah! That must be it!

Don’t be ridiculous! That’d be too easy! Someone must be setting him up!

Eventually, a consensus was reached and a victim was chosen. It was the tiny lost teddy bear that had drawn the most attention. The guards went out into the city to arrest him and bring him to court to face charges of treason. When they found him, he was busy trying to defend himself from the accusations of the common folk.

No, it wasn’t me! It was him, billtodamax, I’m telling you! He set me up!

The crowd seemed torn on who is most likely to have been the killer.

Mr. Bear, please come with us. You’re presence is requested in the palace.

SEE! The palace believes me! Yes, thank you, officers. I will come with you immediately.

With that, the crowd has little choice remaining. The guards seemed sincere enough, and they didn’t deny the little bear’s claims.

GET HIM!

Quickly the crowd surrounds billtodamax and drag him to the gallows to die for his crimes. They string the noose around his neck and pull the lever before he even has a chance to explain his side of the story, if there was one.

A few minutes later, lostlittlebear is brought before the Court of Nobles and informed of the charges against him.

Ah, fair court. :smallannoyed:

His neck is placed in a guillotine and his head is severed from his should with an uncanny quickness.

Both bodies are thoroughly searched for signs of affiliation with the Rebels. None are found.

Summary:
Lostlittlebear was executed by the Nobles.
Billtodamax was lynched by the Peasants.
Both were Peasants and Loyal to the crown.
Night 1 begins now and will end in approximately 24 hours. Please send all night actions to Zeb The Troll and The Fiery Tower.

Inhuman Bot
2010-08-15, 05:02 PM
((Roll code doesn't work in the Structured Games forum.

I did it to eliminate day on/day off voting. I don't like it. I don't like that someone can only participate in half the game and still be considered playing. I want people to vote every day, but sometimes things come up, so I came up with this as a solution. I know not everyone likes it, but it's they way that I want to do it.))

Good reasoning. :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2010-08-16, 01:30 AM
Darn, lynched first day. Ah well. Go team!

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-16, 04:40 AM
The chase is on. A man walking home from work in the wee hours of the night finds himself surrounded by what are most certainly ne'er-do-wells.

What do you want? I'm a smith, you know. I won't go down easily!

Ahh, but what kind of smith? A wordsmith? A blacksmith? It's no matter. We don't need to fight you.

At that moment he hears a quick ssss-thunk and then feels a sharp pinch at the base of his neck. He reaches his hand up to find and remove a dart before he loses control of his body and falls to the ground, staring.

That poison was strong enough to take down a bull moose. I'm sure it's enough to handle you. Good night, message.

...blink...
...blink...

...blink...

...blink...

As his eyes close, he can only wonder what it was that brought their attention to him instead of one of the upper crust, those in charge of things right now. He hasn't long to wonder before the blackness closes in and he is gone.

In the morning the citizens of the city will find his body on the threshold of his home, lying on his back with his right hand permanently making a fist, the sign of the Rebellion.

SummarySiriq was assassinated by the Rebels. He was a Peasant and was Loyal to the crown.

Day 2 begins now and will end in approximately 48 hours.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-16, 04:54 AM
InaVegt for being number 3 on llb wagon

Shadow
2010-08-16, 04:58 AM
I'll get the ball rolling with Strategos.
Wow, guess I should have refreshed the screen :smallsmile:

And I was really planning on bringing the inept undead undead hunter back for this, but I just can't seem to get motivated....

billtodamax
2010-08-16, 05:09 AM
I'll get the ball rolling with Strategos.
Wow, guess I should have refreshed the screen :smallsmile:

And I was really planning on bringing the inept undead undead hunter back for this, but I just can't seem to get motivated....

<.<

>.>

*rises from the dead*

BRAAAAAAAAAINS!

Strategos
2010-08-16, 05:29 AM
((Dusts off old paint avatar))

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u163/The_Great_Strategos/Peasant_Foxfinished.png

Strategos looked misearble as he walked down the street. He'd never really liked the city, he always preferred the wide open spaces of the countryside to the cramped and hustling cityscape. And now there was a revolt going on. All he wanted to do was come into town to sell some of his produce so he'd have a little bit of coin for emergencies. He'd arrived late yesterday afternoon just in time to witness the executions. He didn't know what had happened at the lynch mobs first hand, but by asking a few questions he had a good idea of what went on.

That's why he paused when he heard Robert Blackletter's accusation. It didn't fit in with the timeline of events at all.

((Umm... Robert, Siriq was the third on the Lostlittlebear bandwagon. If that's your reasoning why aren't you voting for him?))

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-16, 05:48 AM
((Players List in the first post is updated.))

bruntonspall
2010-08-16, 06:08 AM
Bruntonspall is confused and scared, the court is killing peasants, the peasants lynched an innocent peasant who he'd pointed at, not imagining anyone else would follow suit and point at the little lost bear, and now Strategos wants to lynch a dead man. This is a strange village with weird customs and some strange people

(Pointing at Strat because he suggested that Robert point at Siriq who died, and I don't have a better idea yet)

Strategos
2010-08-16, 06:22 AM
:smallredface:

**headdesk**

I check three times to make sure I've got my numbers right on the lostlittlebear vote because I don't want to look like a fool if I get them wrong. Then I go and forget who died last night and end up looking foolish anyway. :smallsigh:

Aemoh
2010-08-16, 07:02 AM
*points at Robert Blackletter*

Cause I think it'd best if we left the noble hunting to the wolves, ya know? (Naturally, of course, it's safe to assume at least a few wolves will be hiding in wagons, noble or not, but still.)

Also, while it wasn't a consideration, this also ties the votes at 2-2 and that just makes me happy :smallamused:

VampireRot
2010-08-16, 07:31 AM
The fluffy sheep looks around, confused.

"Baa?!"

It jumps onto a wagon. Robert Blackletter's bandwagon.

Sir Broccoli
2010-08-16, 08:02 AM
Strategos, just to tie the votes.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-16, 08:05 AM
((Dusts off old paint avatar))

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u163/The_Great_Strategos/Peasant_Foxfinished.png

Strategos looked misearble as he walked down the street. He'd never really liked the city, he always preferred the wide open spaces of the countryside to the cramped and hustling cityscape. And now there was a revolt going on. All he wanted to do was come into town to sell some of his produce so he'd have a little bit of coin for emergencies. He'd arrived late yesterday afternoon just in time to witness the executions. He didn't know what had happened at the lynch mobs first hand, but by asking a few questions he had a good idea of what went on.

That's why he paused when he heard Robert Blackletter's accusation. It didn't fit in with the timeline of events at all.

((Umm... Robert, Siriq was the third on the Lostlittlebear bandwagon. If that's your reasoning why aren't you voting for him?))

more a miscount then anything else, it seem like a wolf would hide in one of the bandwagons and I thought the first two in the bandwagon unlikely. Anyway as you point out I miscounted so Siriq I choose you

Diva De
2010-08-16, 08:16 AM
(Um, Siriq was night killed. Just sayin.)

((Does RP get you killed in this game? I hope not.))

Cherise looks longingly up at the noble houses and sighs, as she does every day. Her father had been a noble, so the story went, who fell in love...well, lust...with a serving girl. Her mother. She came to him and told him she was with child, and she was banished from the home - an embarrassment, a scandal. It was to this auspicious beginning that Cherise was born. She wasn't particularly pretty, very plain, actually. She wore her shoulder-length honey-colored hair twisted into a simple bun. It was decorated with the flowers she sold, whatever wild flowers she could find and gather. Today the flower was a vibrant purple daisy, a rarity. She had found a bunch growing behind the inn's stables - it was a small miracle the horses hadn't devoured them yet. Her eyes were odd - a feature well-known to the family of her father. She had one brown eye and one grey above a band of freckles. It had caused whispers more than once - whispers she had chosen to ignore. She wasn't a proud bastard, and had discovered the feigning ignorance suited her just fine.

A gentleman was approaching. Holding out her basket, eyes full of hope, she smiled. Good morning, sir. Care to purchase some flowers? They are fresh and quite lovely and will last... Her sales pitch was cut off as the man roughly nudged her aside, knocking several flowers from her basket as she stumbled. Pausing to smirk, he ground the fallen blooms beneath his heel and snorted before leaving. Forcing her chin not to tremble, Cherise held her head high and watched his retreating back. She thought he was the one called Mustiado, but she wasn't sure.

Supagoof
2010-08-16, 12:23 PM
VampireRot - for being third on a bandwagon.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-16, 12:25 PM
(Um, Siriq was night killed. Just sayin.)

Oh mmmmmmmmmmmmm............ then VampireRot As it APAM said he was third on a bandwagon (which I know is not much but at this stage is all we got to go on)

PirateMonk
2010-08-16, 12:45 PM
The young apothecary steps out of his shop for a moment and spots Robert Blackletter frantically rushing around and accusing various people and corpses of being rebels. That madman could use some elksfoot... Or is that the deadly poison? I could never keep those straight. He wanders off toward the city gates, whistling cheerfully.

Reinholdt
2010-08-16, 12:55 PM
Gotta point at Murska at least once.

Shadow
2010-08-16, 02:04 PM
Changing to Kroy, because I don't like when people blindly follow me on day 2

Inhuman Bot
2010-08-16, 02:11 PM
Vampirerot as I still have no better guesses.

The Bushranger
2010-08-16, 02:19 PM
Mustiado.

"Goodness, did you hear what happened to Siriq? A simple smith, and they killed him!" Roland, a butcher, baker and candlestick maker, tells his friends in his shop that morning. "I say, you can't be too careful around here these days. I hope the whole thing ends soon. It's bad for business, it is!"

ApeofLight
2010-08-16, 02:21 PM
Strategos, just to tie the votes.

" Sir Broccoli! Truly you can not be a knight and deserving of the tittle sir! Neither are you truly Broccoli! And just for wanting to tie the votes with no good reason too, you should be next to go! " apeoflight rages amongst the people gathered.

Sir Broccoli
2010-08-16, 03:17 PM
" Sir Broccoli! Truly you can not be a knight and deserving of the tittle sir! Neither are you truly Broccoli! And just for wanting to tie the votes with no good reason too, you should be next to go! " apeoflight rages amongst the people gathered.

Gasp! How dare you question my so-called "tittle" and my broccoliness!? There is but one way to solve this! Pistols at dawn!

Zar Peter
2010-08-16, 04:22 PM
Point at Anathareon just to show him a nice link for random points:

Ramdom points roll here (http://invisiblecastle.com/)

Istari
2010-08-16, 04:36 PM
Kroy
Randomly following Shadow :smalltongue:

Mustiado
2010-08-16, 04:37 PM
DivaDe, because RPing does indeed get you killed. :smallbiggrin:

Though on a more serious note, it does seem interesting that Strategos was so quick to turn a bandwagon on someone else after Shadow's initial vote, even if it was struck later by said Shadow, master of intrigue and deception.

bruntonspall
2010-08-16, 04:46 PM
As he wanders around this quaint little village wondering what he's gotten himself into, bruntonspall the tourist starts to realise that Strategos wasn't really evil, just confused. He comes into the town square to hear Robert Blackletter ranting "And he was one of the nobles that had the lost little bear executed, we should lynch him, or that dead guy, or maybe him over there".
That sounds like rebel talk to me he thinks to himself and contents himself to watch the crowd, "I wonder how this will turn out"

Trixie
2010-08-16, 04:49 PM
Mustiado for not being gentlemanly at all... like a true Rebel!

Heroic
2010-08-16, 05:12 PM
Pointing at Robert Blackletter

Thufir
2010-08-16, 05:16 PM
Gasp! How dare you question my so-called "tittle" and my broccoliness!? There is but one way to solve this! Pistols at dawn!

Sir Broccoli, because clearly swords would be regarded as the more usual means of satisfaction in this setting. This anachronistic challenge is as clear a rebellion against the coherent timeline as his more relevant rebellion against the Emperor.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-16, 05:50 PM
Sir Broccoli for calling me evil

Irbis
2010-08-16, 05:52 PM
DS7, no more time now :smallfrown:

Internet Flea
2010-08-16, 06:02 PM
Though on a more serious note, it does seem interesting that Strategos was so quick to turn a bandwagon on someone else after Shadow's initial vote, even if it was struck later by said Shadow, master of intrigue and deception.
Mustiado for confusing me. Wouldn't any point have potentially started a bandwagon?

Copacetic
2010-08-16, 06:11 PM
DivaDe, because RPing does indeed get you killed. :smallbiggrin:

Yes, indeed it does. Divade :smalltongue:

Dragoon
2010-08-16, 07:30 PM
Hmm, let's see here, VampireRot.

Alarra
2010-08-17, 12:35 AM
Irbis, cause continually pointing at the poster above you annoys me.

Fleeing Coward
2010-08-17, 12:41 AM
Irbis to get a point in

calar
2010-08-17, 01:03 AM
Still having no opinion of the goings on, Strategos is as good as the next to me.

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-17, 01:40 AM
Internet Flea, for being newer than I.

Griever
2010-08-17, 03:54 AM
Shadow..........

InaVegt
2010-08-17, 04:02 AM
Divade should do less RP! (:tongue:)

lostlittlebear
2010-08-17, 06:55 AM
:smallsigh: Oh well I was due for a Day 1 lynch soon anyway.

I'd like to forward my name to be an AL replacement, if you think it's okay, Zeb.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-17, 07:06 AM
Mustiado because lynching somebody because they RP is eeevil!

Thufir
2010-08-17, 07:07 AM
In a couple of hours or so, I will be heading off to a multiple days long party/gathering. I don't know how much (if at all) I will be able to get on the internet. So if I could be considered away and exempt from autolynching until Sunday, that'd be great.

Also, lynching De for RPing is just mean. Especially since she just recently also died in Titans. Meanies.

Diva De
2010-08-17, 08:09 AM
Srsly. It's one post! And I REALLY don't wanna be out of WW games to play, so please, change your votes. Or I'll cry.

Also, changing to Vampirerot to try and save my own skin.

Eldritch Knight
2010-08-17, 08:23 AM
Alarra as per tradition.

Pink
2010-08-17, 11:33 AM
My, this is quite a bit different then playing in real life. May

Let's try and follow the leader and go with Robert Blackletter until I can better figure out how this works.

Also, a note that voting for De for RP is mean and unnecessary. RP is fun.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-17, 11:39 AM
Also, a note that voting for De for RP is mean and unnecessary. RP is fun.

Don't you know? That's the tradition around here! I should know because I've been on the receiving end before.

VampireRot
2010-08-17, 11:51 AM
Hey! I was totally RPing too! See?

The fluffy sheep looks around, confused.

"Baa?!"

It jumps onto a wagon. Robert Blackletter's bandwagon.

I'm roleplaying as a sheep! I mean, er...

Moo! Waitnothatsnothowsheepsgo clu? Baa! That's it!

"Baa!"

The sheep looks beseechingly at the people who are for some reason trying to hang it. Why would you hang a poor little farm animal, especially one so cute? :smallfrown:

Diva De
2010-08-17, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the support, Pink and Thufir. Also DS7, I can't tell if you are supporting me or not, but I'll assume so and thank you anyway.

ApeofLight
2010-08-17, 12:08 PM
Yeah, why are you guys trying to kill someone that is just trying to make things more fun and interesting?

Philistine
2010-08-17, 12:36 PM
I haven't pointed yet? Garshk.

Placeholder point at Sir Broccoli, just 'cause I don't like broccoli.

Alarra
2010-08-17, 02:35 PM
Alarra as per tradition.

Oh. Right. You're playing this game.
Changes point to EK

Shadow
2010-08-17, 04:28 PM
Don't you know? That's the tradition around here! I should know because I've been on the receiving end before.

Actually, it's much more of a tradition top RP in Rebellion than in other games, similar to how Mafia works, but with a different focus. Read the other threads if you'd like to see.

My earlier comment about "bringing back the inept undead undead hunter" was in reference to this, but alas, I still can't get motivated.

Eldritch Knight
2010-08-17, 04:49 PM
Oh. Right. You're playing this game.
Changes point to EK

:smallbiggrin: Everything is right with the world again. :smallbiggrin:

billtodamax
2010-08-17, 04:52 PM
Actually, it's much more of a tradition top RP in Rebellion than in other games, similar to how Mafia works, but with a different focus. Read the other threads if you'd like to see.

My earlier comment about "bringing back the inept undead undead hunter" was in reference to this, but alas, I still can't get motivated.

*Shambles about*

*tries to bite Shadow*

Shadow
2010-08-17, 04:57 PM
*Shambles about*

*tries to bite Shadow*

That's exactly my point. :smallsmile:
How many WW games do you see me RP in? Not many.
Mafia (when I play), Rebellion (when I'm motivated), and the occasional 1-shot game where the playerbase is doing enough RP'ing to get me into it myself.
And that's about it....

Inhuman Bot
2010-08-17, 07:15 PM
Point at Anathareon just to show him a nice link for random points:

Ramdom points roll here (http://invisiblecastle.com/)

Points at Zar Peter to let him know he saw.

The Bushranger
2010-08-17, 07:54 PM
Robert Blackletter

Baaaaaaa!

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-18, 04:43 AM
The Emperor addresses his court...

This is un-acceptable! You all have given me nothing but innocents! How am I supposed to maintain goodwill with the people with the dying of INNOCENTS! Do better, or so help me I'll have you all hanged for not being able to ferret out these weasels! Heh, that was kinda funny...

The nobles in court begin anew with their attempts to figure out who could be behind the uprising, suggesting names wildly as before. In contrast to yesterday, however, the masses settle on far fewer names to debate about.

Meanwhile, in town, away from the machinations of politics, the Sherriff knows he needs to calm emotions and stop the assassinations both in order to maintain any semblance of order.

The townspeople are afraid for their lives, however, and start accusing wildly, naming neighbors, lovers, and relatives for the slightest suspicion.

Quickly one man is pushed to the forefront and the crowd demands his neck in a noose, adamant that he is one of those hooligans stirring up trouble at night.

I swear on my mother's grave, Sherriff, I ain't done nothing wrong!

Son, for my sake you'd better be right. Listen here, folks! There ain't gonna be a lynching today, alright? Let's get a little bit more information before we go stringin' up everyone who happens to wear fishnet stalkings to a late night movie, huh?

:eek:

Get out of here before I can't stop them.

With that, Robert Blackletter turns and runs, yelling over his shoulder to the crowd

I don't wear fishnets, I swear!

Back at court, a decision has been made.

Very well, this one that talks so much, she must be involved. Have her brought before me and we'll have her tried for treason.

Some time later, a young flower vendor is brought before the court.

Young lady, you stand here accused of being in league with those who would usurp my benevolent rule. What do you have to say for yourself?

My lord, sir, beggin' your pardon. I'm not really a bad person. I'm just drawn this way. I swear to you that I wish you no harm. Long live your grace.

With that she genuflects and begins to tremble with the fear that her plight will have been unpersuasive. Unfortunately for her, it was.

Guards. Take her head. She's clearly just a very good actor, and I don't trust actors.

The deed is done with a swiftness and the court disassembles and goes about their business, slightly shocked at the efficiency of the guards and their guillotine.

Investigation of the body turns up a copper coin with the emblem of a clenched fist and a brass tube with glass at the ends, a spyglass.

Summary:Robert Blackletter was to be lynched, but was protected by the Sherriff.
DivaDe was executed by the Nobles. She was the Rebel Spy.

Night 2 begins and will end in approximately 24 hours. Send all night actions to Zeb The Troll and The Fiery Tower.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-18, 06:44 AM
I survived! Have I become invincible? And Who told you about the fishnets?

Diva De
2010-08-18, 08:12 AM
Good job, rebels. Now you know who the emperor and/or heir are. GO GET 'EM!

SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS!

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-18, 08:27 AM
Who? Cos it ain't me, though if the Sheriff want to tell me why I was saved I be happy!

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-18, 12:14 PM
((Narrator's Note:

We will be adding autolynch replacements to the game. Any loyal, non-power role Noble or Peasant who is lynched or night killed is eligible to be a replacement for an autolynched character.))

billtodamax
2010-08-18, 04:38 PM
Sign me up for auto-replacement.

Zeb The Troll
2010-08-19, 05:48 AM
With the breaking dawn, the townsfolk gather in their respective conclaves in order to take stock of what's happened over the night.

All tread lightly and take sweeping searches on their way to wherever they're headed, hoping not to see the grim results of the previous night's activities.

In passing, each converses with passers by to see if there's any news. None is noted, except notably, the absence of any such news.

All seems right with the world this morning.

It seems that yesterday's luck is holding out!

But for how long?

Summary: No one was killed last night.

Day 3 begins and will end in approximately 48 hours.

ApeofLight
2010-08-19, 11:49 AM
Alright people day 3 is here. I believe it is time for random accusations to be thrown out the window and accusations based on the slightest bit of information blown out of proportion to take place.

" VampireRot is obviously a rebel scum. Sure it might look like a sheep but within that fluffy wool beats the heart of one that would turn against the crown! Therefor... " Dramatic point at the sheep VampireRot. " Clearly a wolf in sheep's clothing. "

Murska
2010-08-19, 12:00 PM
Istari to avoid AL.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-19, 12:08 PM
Murska because that reason is absolutely terrible. I generally expect more from you, like reasoning.:smalltongue:

So either the cold and calculating Murska has found that he is too busy with RL or he's acting odd by my radars.

InaVegt
2010-08-19, 12:31 PM
Murska because DD's reasoning seems better than anything I can come up with.

Murska
2010-08-19, 12:34 PM
Well what do you expect me to reason? I don't have nearly enough time to follow all, most or, in fact, any of my games closely enough to keep voting records. I did go back to check the records of yesterday, but the binary voting system confused me too much to pick much. So, I chose Istari for pointing randomly on what I think might've been the start of a wagon, in the middle of the points at the enemy devil.

That, and I missed pointing yesterday and Zeb reminded me that this game doesn't count days in a row, but overall.

PirateMonk
2010-08-19, 01:24 PM
Apeoflight defended Diva De yesterday, but after several other people did, suggesting he might be trying to protect her without calling attention to himself. Not a great lead, but better than anything we have so far.

Robert Blackletter
2010-08-19, 01:27 PM
Istari . Cos murska never led me wrong (oh and thanks to whoever saved me last nite!

ApeofLight
2010-08-19, 01:33 PM
Apeoflight defended Diva De yesterday, but after several other people did, suggesting he might be trying to protect her without calling attention to himself. Not a great lead, but better than anything we have so far.

I resent that. I defended her not knowing she was a rebel. If I had known I would have condemned her myself. I did it because she was trying to make things more interesting which would probably would have made things more fun. In fact I fully endorse the RPing but not the rebels.

Mustiado
2010-08-19, 03:48 PM
Piratemonk.

Supagoof
2010-08-19, 04:23 PM
I resent that. I defended her not knowing she was a rebel. If I had known I would have condemned her myself. I did it because she was trying to make things more interesting which would probably would have made things more fun. In fact I fully endorse the RPing but not the rebels.So why then the accusation of Vampirerot right away today?

If you had honestly defended her not knowing she was a rebel, then why are you on the offensive today with the accusation against Vampirerot? Which game are you playing - offense or defense?

You gave no clear reason as to why you made your point today, I find it very curious.

Though I also find it noteworthy that Piratemonk is being pointed at today by someone who had pointed at the rebel yesterday. I'll follow the lead of those who got us a rebel. :smallsmile:

VampireRot
2010-08-19, 04:31 PM
Alright people day 3 is here. I believe it is time for random accusations to be thrown out the window and accusations based on the slightest bit of information blown out of proportion to take place.

" VampireRot is obviously a rebel scum. Sure it might look like a sheep but within that fluffy wool beats the heart of one that would turn against the crown! Therefor... " Dramatic point at the sheep VampireRot. " Clearly a wolf in sheep's clothing. "

"Baa? BA! BA! BA-BA!!!!!!!"

The sheep bites apeoflight's pointing finger. With sheep teeth, mind you.

Aemoh
2010-08-19, 04:50 PM
*points at VampireRot*

To create a five-way tie of two points each :smallamused:

bruntonspall
2010-08-19, 05:29 PM
Ok, now I'm scared to break the deadlock,

But I'd like to know, Mustiado, you correctly pointed at a rebel yesterday, but my notes say it was a counter because Diva pointed at you. Today you give no reason whatsoever, not even Murska's rubbish not Autolynch reason. I'm tempted to agree with you just for prior form, but lack of a reason makes me nervous, very nervous.
Do you know something that the rest of us should know? Would you like to enlighten us?

I'm also suspicious of Ape's very quick point, I'm trying to work out if you are saying there is a reason, or just you like the pun wolf in sheeps clothing :)

I think PirateMonk's reasoning sounds best so far, it tallies up with my notes, so I'm going to point at apeoflight unless I'm convinced otherwise.

Copacetic
2010-08-19, 05:30 PM
Mustadio netted us the rebel spy, so it's safe bet to follow his guesses again, rightPiratemonk?

InaVegt
2010-08-19, 05:31 PM
Piratemonk seems as good a guess as any.

The Bushranger
2010-08-19, 05:32 PM
apeoflight. For defending the rebel scum. *nods*

Alarra
2010-08-19, 05:51 PM
It's very early in this game. I find it very unlikely that Mustiado's point at De was based off any knowledge of her rebelness and likely was merely a counter point that people latched onto. The likelihood of his having pinpointed another rebel is slim at best, unless he is a rebel himself, in which case, it would be very dumb to be outing his teammates at this early stage of the game.

Goof would know all of this and is far more analytical than I, so the fact that he would use the reasoning that he is to try to form a bandwagon is very suspicious to me. Especially given that most of his post gave reasoning to point at someone other than who he actually pointed at.

Istari
2010-08-19, 06:26 PM
apeoflight, since he's not me

ApeofLight
2010-08-19, 06:37 PM
apeoflight, since he's not me

That's a terrible reason! A horrible one! Might as well go after Piratemonk with that sort of logic.

Eldritch Knight
2010-08-19, 06:43 PM
It's very early in this game. I find it very unlikely that Mustiado's point at De was based off any knowledge of her rebelness and likely was merely a counter point that people latched onto. The likelihood of his having pinpointed another rebel is slim at best, unless he is a rebel himself, in which case, it would be very dumb to be outing his teammates at this early stage of the game.

Goof would know all of this and is far more analytical than I, so the fact that he would use the reasoning that he is to try to form a bandwagon is very suspicious to me. Especially given that most of his post gave reasoning to point at someone other than who he actually pointed at.

You know what, Alarra, I'm going to go along with you on this one at this point. Supagoof, until you can give an adequate apologetic, my suspicions will remain upon you.

VampireRot
2010-08-19, 06:43 PM
Wait... I just realized it's Day 3. So...

Is Shadow playing?! :smalleek:

Eldritch Knight
2010-08-19, 06:46 PM
He is, but for once, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially because this is one game I've always enjoyed playing with (or against, for that matter) him. I honestly think the Rule of Shadow is a mite ridiculous anyway...

Dragoon
2010-08-19, 07:35 PM
Vampirerot for now.

Mustiado
2010-08-19, 08:15 PM
So why then the accusation of Vampirerot right away today?

If you had honestly defended her not knowing she was a rebel, then why are you on the offensive today with the accusation against Vampirerot? Which game are you playing - offense or defense?

You gave no clear reason as to why you made your point today, I find it very curious.

Though I also find it noteworthy that Piratemonk is being pointed at today by someone who had pointed at the rebel yesterday. I'll follow the lead of those who got us a rebel. :smallsmile:

Ok, now I'm scared to break the deadlock,

But I'd like to know, Mustiado, you correctly pointed at a rebel yesterday, but my notes say it was a counter because Diva pointed at you. Today you give no reason whatsoever, not even Murska's rubbish not Autolynch reason. I'm tempted to agree with you just for prior form, but lack of a reason makes me nervous, very nervous.
Do you know something that the rest of us should know? Would you like to enlighten us?

I'm also suspicious of Ape's very quick point, I'm trying to work out if you are saying there is a reason, or just you like the pun wolf in sheeps clothing :)

I think PirateMonk's reasoning sounds best so far, it tallies up with my notes, so I'm going to point at apeoflight unless I'm convinced otherwise.

There's no particular reasoning to be following me at Piratemonk, aside from the fact that I always get suspicious whenever people use the "You supported a rebel, you must be a wolfzors!" logic so early in the day, and game. Having the same votes as a rebel does not necessarily make another person guilty, and Piratemonk has been playing long enough to know that. Especially when the whole reason some of us voted for Diva yesterday was as a joke.

Reinholdt
2010-08-19, 08:52 PM
I'll go with Supagoof for the logic and to create multiple bandwagons.

ApeofLight
2010-08-19, 09:11 PM
Yes, well for reasons already told that I do not want to repeat and to try and save my own skin because people try to keep pegging me for a rebel for some reason, I shall take my bloody finger from the sheep VampireRot and instead point it at Piratemonk.

PirateMonk
2010-08-19, 09:12 PM
There's no particular reasoning to be following me at Piratemonk, aside from the fact that I always get suspicious whenever people use the "You supported a rebel, you must be a wolfzors!" logic so early in the day, and game. Having the same votes as a rebel does not necessarily make another person guilty, and Piratemonk has been playing long enough to know that. Especially when the whole reason some of us voted for Diva yesterday was as a joke.

That's a reasonable point. Supagoof seems to have the best logic against him so far.

VampireRot
2010-08-19, 09:20 PM
Yes, well for reasons already told that I do not want to repeat and to try and save my own skin because people try to keep pegging me for a rebel for some reason, I shall take my bloody finger from the sheep VampireRot and instead point it at Piratemonk.

"Ba? Ba."

The sheep lets apeoflight's finger go. It then shakes his hand with it's hoof.

"Ba. Baaaaa."

Then it spins around and points dramatically at Shadow!

"BA! Ba-Ba-Ba!"

Heroic
2010-08-19, 09:48 PM
I'll go with apeoflight

the cake
2010-08-19, 10:49 PM
Didn't I go with supagoof D1?

Murska
2010-08-19, 11:35 PM
I'd like to remind everyone that most wolves in my opinion won't start trying to lead bandwagons or such so early. At least, unless there's something substantial to gain, such as having scried a baner, and still it's risky. Taking the front and being the leader is a very dangerous position for a wolf, and you can't balance on it for very long without substantial proof of your non-evilness. That's why it's usually a gambit in the late-game, or should opportunity arise with something like a baned attack on a wolf.

Inhuman Bot
2010-08-19, 11:41 PM
Murska for standing out.

Strategos
2010-08-20, 12:13 AM
I'll point at Supagoof today.

Internet Flea
2010-08-20, 12:22 AM
I guess Supagoof's as good as anybody right now.

Deathslayer7
2010-08-20, 01:07 AM
piratemonk for not defending himself. :smalltongue:

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-20, 01:30 AM
Supagoof, for SCIENCE.

cd4
2010-08-20, 04:05 AM
I think Supagoof is the best person to point at.

Sir Broccoli
2010-08-20, 05:33 AM
I'm voting for Supagoof, all the cool people are doing it.

InaVegt
2010-08-20, 05:51 AM
Wheee, bandwagons.

Not hopping on, folks. Piratemonk is at least as good a guess as supagoof, I think.

Griever
2010-08-20, 11:25 AM
Piratemonk, for the random among the bandwagons.

Mustiado
2010-08-20, 01:43 PM
That's a reasonable point. Supagoof seems to have the best logic against him so far.

Could someone do me a favor and review the Supagoof logic? I've been working ridiculous shifts, and haven't been keeping up.

Griever
2010-08-20, 01:48 PM

Right there, Mustiado.

Supagoof
2010-08-20, 03:58 PM
You save Robert Blackletter and the whole village comes running to get you. :smallconfused:

Not that I know he's safe either. *shrug*

As for following Mustiado's point, hey - he got us a rebel yesterday. And he did so with only the help of two others (go look them up yourself :smalltongue:), which ended up with the Loyal lynching of Diva De. So despite any other reasoning, it's safe to side with the "loyalists" - despite my questioning the weird early points of Apeoflight.

Now - a tricky person will put words in someone else's mouth. Beware the venom that Alarra has slipped into your ears by attributing certain thoughts to me.

Goof would know all of this and is far more analytical than I, so the fact that he would use the reasoning that he is to try to form a bandwagon is very suspicious to me. Especially given that most of his post gave reasoning to point at someone other than who he actually pointed at.[/QUOTE]

I am very analytical. Yes.

Does 2 people form a bandwagon - nope. But Alarra's logic would have you thinking that I had a flock of sheep in which to make a bandwagon with.

Am I certain of Piratemonk - no.

Yes - I posted logic for Apeofight, then chose to follow the point of Mustiado, using the knowledge gained from day 2. Let me break it out for you.

Not knowing who Mustiado is - I'll still trust in the fact that
3 people got a rebel lynched. Likely 1 of them has extra voting power.
Knowing that, it would be safe to assume that following 1 of those people will result a ~33% chance that I won't lynch a loyalists.
Mustiado was the first of the 3 to point today, so I followed him.

And that's all I have for Piratemonk.

Now I do wonder - why EK and Alarra who were at each other day 2 so easily agree with each other today? Knowing that no-one was killed in the night means someone was likely recruited. Maybe one of them?

Ah...the possibilities. But you won't be able to lynch Shadow today - that I can verify. :smalltongue: Why - because it's day three, and someone already brought it up. Shadow I got your back today.

And I am offended Alarra that you can't use my full name to point at me. Do you think me not so "Supa" today?

Eldritch Knight
2010-08-20, 04:06 PM
ACtually, I'm siding with Alarra this time to keep people guessing. Sooner or later, sides will be drawn.

calar
2010-08-20, 04:06 PM
Piratemonk for lack of attention.

cd4
2010-08-20, 04:26 PM
I think that I will agree with supagoof and point at PirateMonk.

Trixie
2010-08-20, 04:40 PM
Bye, Piratemonk :smallsmile:

Internet Flea
2010-08-20, 06:03 PM
The Sheriff may opt to protect someone from either lynching or execution (one or the other, not both). This decision is sent to the narrators via PM before the end of the day is posted.

If this is correct, Supagoof should be able to protect himself anyway. I say we try to lynch him and see if the Sheriff saves him.

bruntonspall
2010-08-20, 06:09 PM
If this is correct, Supagoof should be able to protect himself anyway. I say we try to lynch him and see if the Sheriff saves him.

But does he need to specify which thing he is protecting from. I'm not convinced I'd know which he's more likely to die from, the noose or the blade.

I'm also curious, why did Supagoof choose to protect Robert, but not either of littlelostbear or bill? Is there a werewolf history I'm missing (so far in my reading I've worked out that Murska and Shadow are always considered dangerous and lynched early when they are villagers, and not when they aren't. :)