PDA

View Full Version : E6 Modern

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-27, 09:26 AM
It occured to me that D20 modern may benifit greatly from being played useing E6. Is there somebody who has already though of this before? There are already feats that allow you to pick up talents, and feats are ever so short supply in that game.

I think it would be a good idea, any thoughts from the playground?

Yuki Akuma
2010-07-27, 09:40 AM
With the way D20 Modern is designed, you'd barely be able to differentiate between different heroes with the same base class. You'd get... what, two levels in an advanced class?

At least make it "E8" or something.

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-27, 09:59 AM
You would get 3 levels of a advanced class, and I am thinking that you use the E6 classes to feats idea. One level of an advanced class (no saves, BaB, or Def, just features) is worth one feat. You skip any level with bonus feats.

You could just do away with advanced classes entirely, and let feats gain advanced classes. The first level feat has the same prereqs as the class and such.

It would get around the problem of being able to take a baret 50 to the chest and survive by the time that you gain the really cool class features.

Morph Bark
2010-07-27, 10:13 AM
Isn't d20 Modern more inherently balanced than DnD is anyway, so the basic idea behind E6 (to have a game at a power level where characters of all classes are relatively equally powerful) wouldn't be as much, uh, "needed"?

Xallace
2010-07-27, 10:13 AM
I'm not really seeing it. You're not "superhuman at level 7" like you are in 3.5*, and the system doesn't really fall apart at higher levels (by which I mean the 7-15 range). Further, the system's massive damage threshold rules are pretty good for the whole ".50 to the chest" problem.

*d20 Modern is, admittedly, designed for playing "action heroes," so it is kinda verging on the cusp.

Edit: Also what M-Bark said. It's an excellent point.

true_shinken
2010-07-27, 10:59 AM
You could, but... what is the point?