PDA

View Full Version : 4E NPC compilation

Algerin
2010-07-27, 11:15 AM
Anybody know of a book that is chalk full of dozens and dozens of mixed race/class NPC's? In 3/3.5 I spent a ton of time just making some. Id like some pre mades if available.

Master_Rahl22
2010-07-27, 12:51 PM
I'm guessing that's a "No."

Erom
2010-07-27, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I would also love this. Never know what you're going to need stats for.

Town guards for various races are pretty easy - use the adventure tools, take the lvl3 human guard, and change his stats to reflect racial bonuses, add racial abilities, done.

Would be nice to have a few military positions (soldier, archer, battlemage, commander, etc) a few civilians (peasant, craftsman, shopkeeper, etc) all done up for the various races. A big database of this kind of thing would be an absolutely kickass community project.

Even if you needed a lvl6 instead of lvl7 version of a specific enemy, using adventure tools to change a creature +- a level takes nearly 0 time.

Oracle_Hunter
2010-07-27, 01:07 PM
The Monster Builder (AKA Adventure Tools) has every NPC listed in a book or magazine. Download a full copy with a one-month subscription to DDI; it's $10 and gives you a full Character Builder for yourself and at least 3 of your friends. Ditto for the Adventurer Tools. Once your subscription lapses you won't get updates, but you'll still have the full programs updated to the date you downloaded them.

valadil
2010-07-27, 01:07 PM
Honestly I usually just change the description. Sometimes racial powers. I don't bother with stats. Most of that time, that's good enough if all you need is guards to the dwarven mine, and elven guards are the only level appropriate NPC available.