PDA

View Full Version : Explosives

Cravix
2010-07-27, 04:38 PM
I would like a list of different explosives available. I know php has flasks of acid and alchemists fire. The campaign is low magic and i want alternate way to blow stuff up

AslanCross
2010-07-27, 08:19 PM
The Eberron book Secrets of Sarlona has the Explosive Pack. It's pretty much the equivalent of C4. It includes shrapnel and deals bludgeoning/piercing damage instead of fire, can be set up with a Profession Siege Engineer check to destroy structures, and includes a timer.

Ilmryn
2010-07-27, 09:17 PM
The DMG actually has a small section with Renaissaince, modern or futuristic items. Page 145-146; there aren't that many explosives, but a few do exist.

Cravix
2010-07-28, 02:24 PM
Also I was wanting something akin to Greek Fire. I know there is alchemists fire but Greek Fire has that effect of being spread using water.

AslanCross
2010-07-28, 05:57 PM
Greek Fire wouldn't really be an explosive, but an incendiary.
Stormwrack has the Firebomb, which is catapult ammunition. It's a foot in diameter, weighs 40 lbs, and deals 3d6 fire damage.

They also have the Firespout, which is a very large mounted flamethrower.

In Races of the Dragon, Kobolds invented the Ditherbomb, which comes in various strengths. It deals acid damage, so it deals full damage against objects (the item's damage also explicitly ignores stone hardness). The Wyrm-type Ditherbombs cost 1000 GP and deal 1d6x1d8 damage within 15 ft.

In Heroes of Battle, the dragonshot catapult (which is magical; I know you're looking for a mundane option), can burn a 1000-GP ruby to launch a 4d10 damage, 30 ft. fireball. Other types of gems deal less potent fireballs of various energy types.

That's about everything I can find. Heroes of Battle has a lot of explosives, all of which are magical.

EvilJoe15
2010-07-28, 07:27 PM
Anti-osmium Bombs. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2010735#post2010735)

Just use the same mathematical formula to figure out the damage of a lower caster level.