PDA

View Full Version : [V:TM] Roleplaying a Giovanni...

Flail_master
2010-07-27, 05:19 PM
hey guys,
so yeah recently i've gotten into V:TM, and it just so turns out that i am a Giovanni, we've had two sessions now, one of which i've just come home from, and i now realise that basically, other clans don't like us very much, and in return, we don't particularly like them.

i shall spoiler the rest since its long:

I've been having some difficulty roleplaying my character in the sense that he's a giovanni, and in return, i have been receiving little experience from my sessions in comparison to other players.
Basically, i need some help, and i need to be able to prove myself useful to the party so that what happened today doesn't occur again. In essence what happened was, through a series of unfortunate events, my character ended up crippled with 6 points of aggravated damage for the majority of the session, unable to move, and being a hinderance, and the rest of the party having enough education to know that they shoudn't be too friendly with the Giovanni, me being the youngest vampire (3 years a vamp, the rest are pretty much 8 or up), had a vote to see whether they wanted to keep me alive/bother keeping me with them :smallfrown: VERY luckily, it was a tie, 3 to 3 on stay and go, so the gangrel cut me loose (we were captured) and threw me out of my cell.
no one wanted to bother carrying me around, so eventually the newest and oldest age wise party member, the brujah, and subsequently one of my best mates IRL, decided to drag me around by the collar everywhere, and many times, i narrowly avoided death since the ST was feeling a bit sorry for me when the brujah frenzied and i was the only one in the area :smalleek:
so yeah not a great session for my guy and i really got the raw end of things a lot, im new to the world of darkness and V:TM, so sometimes things slip my mind, and what makes sense in my head, got me in trouble in game. for example someone quite calmly asking if we were vampires. Thinking 'hey only someone on our side would ask us this' i, with no hesitation said yes... the rest of the party proceed to say WTF to me, reminding me of the masquerade, despite me explaining my logic :smalltongue:

ANYWAYS that was stupidly long sorry, overall, what i wanna say is, considering how the session went, (that i am still alive and with them (unalive?) due to... well kinda needing to be there being a PC n all :smalltongue:), i find its due to me not really acting as a giovanni or really acting in game at all, i wanna ask for advice on how i can act as a giovanni, without me constantly being a member no one wants along with them, but simultaneously, still keeping to my giovanni morals

thanks for reading all that :smalltongue:
many hopes you can help
Flail_master

Analytica
2010-07-27, 07:16 PM
Well, no-one wants to like them. But they at least want business cordial relations. Play down the necrophilia/necromancy/incest angle in character (that is, leave it there but make the character inclined to try to downplay it in order to protect the already-tarnished family reputation). Be an honourable mafioso - if someone has done nothing to harm or insult you, be polite and helpful to them. Offer your services at all times when doing so won't threaten family secrets or interests. Do people favours. Then once they are in your debt, subtly remind them of some of the times when you expended your resources to help them, tell them what good and noble friends they are, and ask them cordially if they could help you out.

Also, if you can find the revised clanbook, that is a good guide to the Giovanni perspective.

Flail_master
2010-07-28, 04:18 AM
Well, no-one wants to like them. But they at least want business cordial relations. Play down the necrophilia/necromancy/incest angle in character (that is, leave it there but make the character inclined to try to downplay it in order to protect the already-tarnished family reputation). Be an honourable mafioso - if someone has done nothing to harm or insult you, be polite and helpful to them. Offer your services at all times when doing so won't threaten family secrets or interests. Do people favours. Then once they are in your debt, subtly remind them of some of the times when you expended your resources to help them, tell them what good and noble friends they are, and ask them cordially if they could help you out.

Also, if you can find the revised clanbook, that is a good guide to the Giovanni perspective.

Thank you, that sounds like a good character, ill have to try and do that, and i will go over the clan book, see what i can find out :smallsmile: