PDA

View Full Version : I could use some help from a Character Sheet designer!

WilliamWolf
2010-07-27, 08:35 PM
I am in a bit of a fix! I tried to get help in Arts & Crafts, but I think they aren't into this kind of thing.

Here are the facts:
1. I don't know what I am doing in any design software.
2. I need a re-designed character sheet for my group!

The following house rules apply....

Generic Classes, no multiclassing penalties.

Defense bonus- armor doesn't make much of a difference. Defense is 2, 4, or 6 (2 for spellcaster, 4 for expert, or 6 for warrior) and increases by 1 at third level and at every third level thereafter. Armor instead grants damage reduction and detracts from defense bonuses, and is sorted into three types: light, medium, and heavy. Light has a base cost of 250 gp (def -1, dr 1/-), medium 500 gp (def -3, dr 3/-), and heavy 2000 gp (def -5, dr 5/-). Enhancement bonuses to armor increase the player's defense bonus accordingly, and apply to touch attacks as well. No max dex penalty, spell failure is non-existent. Armor check penalties are the same as the defense penalties. You cannot wear armor that would reduce your defense to 0 or below. Shields work as normal, except they stop a spellcaster from casting spells.

Injury- Nonlethal damage is the most common. If you get hit by a critical hit, or energy magic (or a magic weapon), it's lethal. When reduced to 0 damage (lethal or nonlethal) you are considered to be unconscious. They must then be hit for an additional amount of damage equal to your constitution score to be killed in combat, or be coup de graced out of combat. This reduces mortality all around for the swashbuckling-ness. If a hit does damage equal to a character's hit points plus their constitution score, they are still killed.

Alignment and Honor-
No lawful or chaotic. To simplify things, a character is either honorable or dishonorable. And, they are either Good or Evil. These are seperated into several alignments: Dishonorable Good (Rebel), Honorable (Knight), Unaligned (Commoner), Dishonorable (Degenerate), or Horonable Evil (Diabolical). Honorable is assumed good, and dishonorable is considered evil by default. [To put it into older terms, the previous alignments are as follows: NG/CG, LN/LG, N, CN/CE, LE/NE] Your "Honor" is on a sliding scale from one to fifty, and the basic points are as follows: 15, 30, 25, 10, 20. Any spells and such dealing with law and chaos mess around with this statistic instead, and your honor can be greater or smaller, depending on things outside of your control, like your pedigree, past deeds, and alliances. You never get to change your character's starting score, though.

Gods-
The Main Continent is actually a monotheistic semi-theocracy. They have the concept of The Great Old One, the Evil creator god, and The Saint, a Good mortal who rose up against the god and became his immortal adversary, urging his followers to thwart him at every turn (but they usually feel that they're fighting a losing battle).

Can one of you please help me?:smallredface: These are (http://www.mad-irishman.net/pubs/MI_DnDCharSheet226Eberron.pdf) the sheets (http://www.dragonsdengamestore.com/D&D%20Character%20Sheet.png) that I have used before, if that helps... yes one is the standard one, I know....

Thank you in advance!

Kuma Kode
2010-07-27, 08:54 PM
I'm big on variant rules and homebrew, so I find character sheets don't really do well for me. I end up designing my own. I'll see about whipping something together for you. For reference, I have done one for my Winds of Aether (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1467555/Aether/Winds%20of%20Aether%20Character%20Sheet.pdf) campaign, and one for Shadow Theory (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1467555/d20%20Horror/Shadow%20Theory%20Character%20Record%20Sheet.pdf). See if you like my style or if you want me to adapt one of those, since it's easier to start from a base and add a few boxes than make one completely from scratch.

WilliamWolf
2010-07-27, 10:03 PM
Athletics and navigate confuse me, but otherwise it looks awesome! Could you try to redesign it for me?