PDA

View Full Version : [Star Wars Saga Edition] Making a character!

SuperCracker
2010-07-28, 12:25 AM
It's been awhile since I've played this system. We're playing in the Dark Times, as an A-Team group. Level 2.

I'm going to be the group pilot. I took Jedi 2. Force pilot + skill focus: use the force + vehicular combat for piloting and weapon finesse to fight.

I also thought about going Scout 1/Jedi 1. More skills, blaster proficiencies, and an extra talent, but my feats would be jacked up, though, as I'd need to spend feats on force sensitivity and lightsaber proficiency.

Also, I'd like some ideas in terms of advancement.

Mando Knight
2010-07-28, 01:06 AM
Unless you grab Force Pilot and Force-based Maneuvers, Jedi is kinda bad for pilots. Even then, you'll still want to go Ace as soon as possible, of course.

At low levels, a straight up Scout, Scoundrel, or Soldier is a better pilot, with access to related bonus feats and low-level talents. Jedi are better pilots once you have enough feats and talents to slip in switching everything over to UtF checks.

BooNL
2010-07-28, 01:27 AM
You wouldn't have to spend a feat on lightsaber prof. You could choose that as your one free proficiency from multiclassing to Jedi.

Beyond that, I've never played a pilot, don't have much interest in the space combat system so I can't really offer you any additional advice, besides browsing every splatbook for good talent trees.