PDA

View Full Version : Finally Free - IC thread

Iun
2010-07-28, 06:01 AM
Ivory Ghost:
The heavy steel door of the cell opens and one of the guards steps through the door. As usual the forcefield lining the room alters and reforms just around the man while he just stands there, looking nervous. Normally he would now release the drug into the air, but he just keeps standing still, watching her, not even closing the door. From the little she can see of his face through the field something is very wrong, and while not yet at full strength, this might be her best chance at escaping.

Nikolai Awren:
During one of the few moments were he was allowed to be unrestrained inside his cell a guard enters the room, and starts walking towards Nikolai in silence after closing the heavy door behind him. The man seems rather grim, and his fingers of his left hand keep twitching towards the small rectangular object, while his right rests on the hilt of his sword.
"To the bed, your are to be restrained again!"
There is a slight note of panic in his voice, and apart from that it wasn't time yet. Something is wrong, the guard didn't even carry the next dose of the drug with him. This might be his best chance to get out of here.

Ezra:
This cell is less spartan and more spacious than others; Ezra had seen his fair share. The restraints by the bed are rather moderate and normally unused, the chair and bookshelf more than any other prisoner could even dream of. Reading had become easier again during the last few weeks, and so the shelf now barely contains an unread book.
Out of nowhere, one of the guards enters the room, looking completely out of breath.
"Someone is. Attacking, the prison... Been sent. To restrain you. Sorry, but can't risk. It."
The guard beckons Ezra to move over to the bed. What will it be? Die here, or take a chance?

Fen Ralins:
No attempt at teleporting out had worked so far, and her higher powers are still being blocked.
Then the door finally opens, and a guard steps inside, looking around in wonder.
"Damn! First the attack and then an escape. Have to tell the warden..."
Her chance has come.
Modified the end of the backstory a bit, hope you don't mind.

Eurus
2010-07-28, 06:27 AM
Erza looks up from the last pages of his book, surprised and - despite himself - actually somewhat concerned. An attack? Not everyone who disliked the Order was evil, he'd learned that much in the past years, but nor were they always well-intentioned.

And beyond that, of course, was the prospect of escape. He was having an immensely difficult time just keeping his eyes from darting to the door and giving away his thoughts. He thought that his emotions were under total control by now after so many years of near-constant meditation, but he could already feel his pulse quickening.

"I see. Sounds serious." With careful calmness, he set the book down and rose. His posture is entirely nonthreatening, yet he sizes the man up. "In that case, I think that this is the last place I should be. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if this building fell while I was safely locked away. I think... that I should go see."

He slowly, calmly, starts to close the distance between himself and the door and by extension the guard. If the guard meant to stop Erza, he'd have to physically stand against him.

[roll0], if either one of those works. Bluff is counting a +6 favored enemy bonus (which is what Erza would have at level 12).

EDIT: Wow. Guess he wasn't very convincing.

Toliudar
2010-07-28, 10:40 AM
How long had she been here? Years? Enough to have forgotten most of what she'd held most dear. Along with most of what she needed to let go.

And now, this. This moment. This guard who barely seemed to acknowledge her existence.

Acknowledge her existence. Perhaps that would help.

She dredged back lessons of her youth. Tapped into places in her mind that she hadn't reached for in years, and found them solidly there.

The order had found a way to trap her back in this body, this body that no longer felt entirely her. So the ghost had responded by continuing to push that body, to leap and struggle and sweat. Until the day when she could slip out of this force field.

The ghost stared at the man, and tried to draw a veil of unseeing across his senses, blocking her from his mind. Stepping softly up to the doorway, next to the guard, she looked out at what might be waiting on the other side of the door. Then, pushing down on this body, this anchor of a body, she shrank down, made herself harder to find, harder to hold.

Manifesting Cloud Mind on the guard. Will DC 19, I believe, and walking up to a point south of his position on the map, observing him closely to see if he's tracking her presence. Then, regardless of its success, manifesting Compression (excercising the options to make it a swift action and 1 min/level duration.

Spot & Listen at the door: [roll0] [roll1]

PP used so far: 12

The Antigamer
2010-07-28, 12:49 PM
Iun
What is the rectangular object? Do I recognize it?

Iun
2010-07-28, 01:09 PM
Nikolai:
No, this is actually the first time one of the guards brought something like this.

The Antigamer
2010-07-28, 03:42 PM
Iun

Nikolai knew something was definitely out of order when a guard opened the door before his unrestrained time was up.
No, it's too soon, the drug's almost worn off!
But then the door closed, and more inconsistencies appeared. The guard has no drug, but instead a small cube. A new way to control him?
Not putting up with that, not when I've almost kicked their drug. The time to escape is now.
His decision made, Nikolai slowly raises from his chair, then stands looking at the guard. As he raises, he mentally caresses the intricate facial tattoo that spreads across his eyes. It flares bright blue briefly, and suddenly his mind is divided in two, both thinking in concert. It felt good to be like this again, he did all his best thinking this way.
Standing defiantly in front of his chair, he says, "I think not, " and snaps his mind at the guard with all the force he can muster, then does his oft-repeated mental exercise to regain his focus. His secondary mind pulls time around itself, readying a contingency for if the guard still stands.
Knowledge psionics check to figure out anything about the cube [roll0]
Swift action: activate schism tattoo
Standard action: Manifest Mind Thrust, augmented with 11 points, [roll1] damage if he fails a DC 24 save
Move action: Regain psionic focus
Schism standard action: manifest synchronicity augmented with two power points to ready any action

Is the cell made of stone?

Stat Block

Nikolai Awren (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=226796)
M human psionic artificer//Kineticist 5/Ardent 2/Pattern master 10/Epic hero 3, Level 20, Init: +5, HP: 218/218, Speed: 30', 50' when focused
AC: 15, Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 10, Fort: +15, Ref: +12, Will: +22, Base Attack Bonus: 16, Power Points: 393/816
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 20, Con 18, Int 26, Wis 20, Cha 16

Active powers

Schism: 19 rounds

Tattoos

{table=head]Number|Name|Links|Notes|Slots

1|
Dimension Slide|
r1|
ppc=5|

2|
Psionic revivify|
r1|
ppc=9|

3|
Body adjustment|
r1|
(augmented with 2 pp, making it count as 3rd level, 2d12) ppc=5|

4|
Inducer|
r1|
Trigger=When wearer dies|

r1|
Relay|
4, 18, 1, 2, 3|
pp=8|

5|
Inertial armor|
r2|
ML=18, ppc=1, lasts 18 hours|

6|
Force screen|
r2|
ML=17, ppc=1, lasts 17 min|

7|
Free capacitor|
r2|
pp=2|

r2|
Relay|
7, 5, 6|
-|

8|
Energy Retort|
9|
ML=10, ppc=5, extended, lasts 20 minutes|

9|
Capacitor|
8|
pp=5|

10|
Schism|
11|
ML=19, ppc=7, lasts 19 rounds|

11|
Capacitor|
10, 12|
pp=0|

12|
Transducer|
11|
-|

13|
Fission|
17|
ML=14, ppc=13, lasts 38 rounds|

14|
Capacitor|
13|
pp=13|

15|
Reality revision|
-|
ML=21, ppc=17, self only|

16|
Incarnate|
-|
ML=14, ppc=9, 2000xp limit|
5, in storage

17|
Energy adaptation|
-|
ML=15, ppc=7, lasts 150 minutes, resistance 30|
3, in storage

18|
Capacitor|
r1|
pp=19|
1[/table]

41 slots used, 8 in storage.

Feralventas
2010-07-28, 09:50 PM
Still half in a daze, Fen barely noticed the unwitting guard until he walked through the door. She focused her thoughts as best she could, hastily attempting to remove herself from his senses....

((IF she fails...))

...Quickly drawing her weapon into the first form she could imagine, she lashes out at the unfortunate fellow in a series of lashes from a whip.

Atacks
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Damage (all non-leathal)
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

((Assuming that nameless guard No. 1 can't take 60+ points of damage without dropping >.>; ))

Not waiting to let him drop and make further noise, Fen lunges to grab him before he falls, and quietly sets him down, slides the door most of the way closed without letting the locks catch, then sets about removing his clothes and (or) armor, switching them with her own.

((IF she succeeds))
...pulling any possible sense of her presance from the guard, she moves to step arround him, manifesting her own senses further in an attempt to forsee any further meetings with the people operating this place.

Manifesting Touchsight, max power point for the level, so 19pp cost, 130 foot range of blindsense, though less so if we're inhibited from Using enough power points to manifest our higher level powers, or just from using those powers.

Iun
2010-07-29, 04:28 AM
Ivory:
The guard looks around wide-eyed, walks around the room (the forcefield always changing with him), and finally he closes the door and then disables the forcefield to search the room without the visual impairment.
Outside the cell everything seems silent.

Nikolai:
The guard doesn't have time to react at all and just falls to the ground, bleeding from the ears, eyes, nose, and mouth. In reflex his fingers activate the strange object for a moment, and your powers vanish again for exactly the same time.

The walls are made of a black stone-like material that can withstand a lot of punishment (mundane at least, you have never tried psionics).
The guards equipment:
Longsword, breastplate, strange object, keys, belt of healing, dorje of inflict pain

Ezra:
"You know I can't just let you leave. But you are right, You shouldn't die helpless, if it comes to that. I will leave you as you are."
The guard turns to leave and close the door behind him again.

Fen:
The guard takes no further notice, and just runs back to where he came from, you now stand in the corridor outside your cell (see map)

Eurus
2010-07-29, 04:43 AM
From Erza's perspective, the guard freezes perfectly still as soon as his back is turned. So does everything else, for that matter - the room is so still already that it's hard to tell. He only has a few seconds, but it's more than enough time to slip out the door past the guard, where he simply blends in. It would take a very keen eye indeed to spot him; Erza had mastered the art of thinking himself invisible, going quietly unnoticed and letting the eye just pass right over him. To the untrained eye, he was less noteworthy than the wall behind him.

Manifesting Temporal Acceleration (1 round) to slip out the door before he shuts it, and Chameleon (duration 2 hours since my manifester level is 12 right now) to make it easier to hide in plain sight.

[roll=Move Silently]120+26

The Antigamer
2010-07-29, 12:02 PM
Iun
What does "your powers vanish again for exactly the same time." mean? And since the room is made of stone I used a couple less power points, I'll adjust my sheet.

Iun
2010-07-29, 12:52 PM
Nikolai:
To be blunt, it means a null psionics field, slightly modified, though.

The Antigamer
2010-07-29, 01:04 PM
Iun
Picks up the strange object (I assume that's the cube), and examines it thoroughly, while his split consciousness refills the capacitor tattoo that powers the schism tattoo.
Artificer knowledge check on the object, [roll0]
Refilling capacitor with power points.
Is this where I regain half the points I spent taking him down?

Stat Block

M human psionic artificer//Kineticist 5/Ardent 2/Pattern master 10/Epic hero 3, Level 20, Init: +5, HP: 218/218, Speed: 30', 50' when focused
AC: 15, Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 10, Fort: +15, Ref: +12, Will: +22, Base Attack Bonus: 16, Power Points: 387/816

Active powers

Schism: 18 rounds

Tattoos

1|
Dimension Slide|
r1|
ppc=5|

2|
Psionic revivify|
r1|
ppc=9|

3|
Body adjustment|
r1|

4|
Inducer|
r1|

r1|
Relay|
4, 18, 1, 2, 3|
pp=8|

5|
Inertial armor|
r2|

6|
Force screen|
r2|

7|
Free capacitor|
r2|
pp=2|

r2|
Relay|
7, 5, 6|
-|

8|
Energy Retort|
9|

9|
Capacitor|
8|
pp=5|

10|
Schism|
11|

11|
Capacitor|
10, 12|
pp=7|

12|
Transducer|
11|
-|

13|
Fission|
17|

14|
Capacitor|
13|
pp=13|

15|
Reality revision|
-|

16|
Incarnate|
-|
5, in storage

17|
Energy adaptation|
-|
3, in storage

18|
Capacitor|
r1|
pp=19|
1[/table]

Iun
2010-07-29, 04:03 PM
Fen and Ezra:
Fen notices Ezra with her touchsight as he steps through the door, while Ezra sees Fen emerge from hers. Seconds later a guard is running past Ezra down the corridor, apparently looking for someone.

Nikolai:
There is definitely a strong psionic aura coming from the object, and as you have seen it in action, it seems that by pressing the single button on it, all psionic power is nullified in the vicinity. You have no idea, however, how often (if more than once) it can be used or how long the effect lasts.

And yes, half of the spent power points are regained. I should probably announce that every time it happens.

The Antigamer
2010-07-29, 04:51 PM
Iun
Nikolai finishes his examination, and relieves the guard of his other items besides his armor, donning the belt, sheathing the sword, and sticking the dorje through the back of his belt. He stares at the cube for a moment, then shrugs, and pockets it.
Might come in handy later, and if the effect doesn't wear off soon I can always toss it.
He then takes a minute to channel his hatred for the Order into his new sword, takes the keys, and heads out into the hallway.
Artificer Weapon Augmentation: Bane(Humans) on the sword. Does he know how to dismiss or halt the item's ability?

Stat Block

AC: 15, Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 10, Fort: +15, Ref: +12, Will: +22, Base Attack Bonus: 16, Power Points: 394/816

Active powers

Schism: 17 rounds
Bane sword: 200 minutes, +2 to attack, +2d6 damage

Tattoos

1|
Dimension Slide|
r1|
ppc=5|

2|
Psionic revivify|
r1|
ppc=9|

3|
Body adjustment|
r1|

4|
Inducer|
r1|

r1|
Relay|
4, 18, 1, 2, 3|
pp=8|

5|
Inertial armor|
r2|

6|
Force screen|
r2|

7|
Free capacitor|
r2|
pp=2|

r2|
Relay|
7, 5, 6|
-|

8|
Energy Retort|
9|

9|
Capacitor|
8|
pp=5|

10|
Schism|
11|

11|
Capacitor|
10, 12|
pp=7|

12|
Transducer|
11|
-|

13|
Fission|
17|

14|
Capacitor|
13|
pp=13|

15|
Reality revision|
-|

16|
Incarnate|
-|
5, in storage

17|
Energy adaptation|
-|
3, in storage

18|
Capacitor|
r1|
pp=19|
1[/table]

Eurus
2010-07-29, 05:01 PM
Fen and Iun:
Noticing Fen, but assuming that he himself is still unnoticed, Erza creeps up behind the Order member and remains hidden, waiting to see how the unknown escapee deals with the situation.

Toliudar
2010-07-29, 05:03 PM
Iun
I've realized that the Unbodied power is Ex, so we can either play it that the force field forces her into a corporeal form while she's inside, or that she was actually incorporeal to start off. If the former, she simply darts out the door, through the forcefield, when the guard starts to look around. If the latter, she darts through the door when the guard deactivates the forcefield. Either way, I'm assuming she's incorporeal when she hits the hallway.

Calling on her mental resources, the ghost darts through the door with tremendous speed. Out in the hallway, she extends her senses to the point where any part of her senses almost as well as her eyes. She runs along the hallway and up into the ceiling, leaving a toe out to keep an eye on the situation.

Psicraft to determine how the guard shut off the force field: [roll0]
Swift action to cast Hustle, then a move action to go out into the hallway, 20' either right or left (1=left, 2=right): [roll1].
Standard action to cast Touchsight, augmented to a 100' radius.
Move action to continue 20' down the corridor and then move up into the ceiling, to the point that all but part of one foot is inside the stone. Hiding: [roll2], plus any situational bonuses for being mostly INSIDE an object. :smallamused:

If she spots any guards or other members of the order in the corridor, she immediately zips up into the ceiling and finishes out her movement in the same direction but inside the ceiling. Same hide check.

Unless stated otherwise, she'll always be suppressing any displays of manifestation, and auto succeeding in doing so.

If it's useful for plot reasons for us to meet up now, feel free to override the left-right roll above, and she will move right.

Currently: 341/727 PP, Touch AC 26

Iun
2010-07-30, 05:08 AM
Nikolai:
The object's effect has ceased immediately after the button wasn't pressed anymore. If you want it to be active, the button has to be pressed continuously.

Ivory:
Actually I assumed her to be incorporeal the whole time, not that it matters much, right now.

A few moments after you have left your respective cells [I took the liberty of synchronizing] Several guards come out of the other cells and lock the doors behind them. They haven't noticed any of you. Yet.
---

Please post actions for your surprise round and roll initiative.

The Antigamer
2010-07-30, 05:28 AM
Crap, edited instead of quoted. Just pretend it's the same.
Stat Block

Init: +5, HP: 218/218, Speed: 30', 50' when focused
AC: 15, Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 10, Fort: +15, Ref: +12, Will: +22, Base Attack Bonus: 16, Power Points: 370/816
24 power points used in this combat encounter.

Active powers

Schism: 15 rounds
Psionic focus: Yes

Tattoos

1|
Dimension Slide|
r1|
ppc=5|

2|
Psionic revivify|
r1|
ppc=9|

3|
Body adjustment|
r1|

4|
Inducer|
r1|

r1|
Relay|
4, 18, 1, 2, 3|
pp=8|

5|
Inertial armor|
r2|

6|
Force screen|
r2|

7|
Free capacitor|
r2|
pp=2|

r2|
Relay|
7, 5, 6|
-|

8|
Energy Retort|
9|

9|
Capacitor|
8|
pp=5|

10|
Schism|
11|

11|
Capacitor|
10, 12|
pp=7|

12|
Transducer|
11|
-|

13|
Fission|
17|

14|
Capacitor|
13|
pp=13|

15|
Reality revision|
-|

16|
Incarnate|
-|
5, in storage

17|
Energy adaptation|
-|
3, in storage

18|
Capacitor|
r1|
pp=19|
1[/table]

Toliudar
2010-07-30, 09:14 AM
A small, ghostly foot lashes out at the head of a guard.

Initiative: [roll0]

Free action: 5' step north. If touchsight does not provide sufficient information to sneak attack, then she 5' steps north and down back into the corridor.
Standard action: sneak-attack kick the adjacent guard. Touch attack: [roll1] Damage:[roll2] base, and [roll3] sneak attack.

Eurus
2010-07-30, 05:36 PM
Already well-hidden, and still too weak to become fully ethereal, Erza focuses his will on the northmost guard that he can see. He doesn't control his mind, but rather, seizes his muscles and nervous system and tries to force him to open the door.

Manifesting Control Body on the northmost guard, remaining hidden if possible. DC 22. Erza can suppress the visible/audible/etc manifestations of his powers automatically, so he will.

Feralventas
2010-07-31, 02:43 AM
Finding herself rather puzzled at the appearent chaos proceeding about the prison, takes note of the folks who seem to be moving of their own accord rather than attempting in vain to go with the flow of events; particularly of the fellow who has managed to mask himself from her eyes. Moving to keep him within 'visual' range, she keeps a careful lookout for any guards to apply her own avoidance measures to while setting up her defenses.

Manifesting Inertial Armor (non visual effect) and maxing out the PP again, total of +13 to AC. (4+1per 2 extra PP). In addition, spot check to keep an eye out for guards.

[roll0]

Iun
2010-08-01, 04:44 AM
Nikolai doesn't see the mix of pain and expectation of something terrible to happen on the face of the guard he stabs as he has already turned his head to engulf the three guards down the corridor in a thick vapor of colorless but extremely strong acid. Screams of pain ring through the corridor during the second it takes the substance to dissolve the men in their entirety, leaving only three small cubes behind; Curiously, the corridor and the doors appear to be untouched.

At about the same time a ghostly leg dislodges itself from the ceiling, quickly penetrating the head of the guard underneath; the man's gaze just becomes empty, and the leg vanishes in the ceiling again before he hits the ground.

Meanwhile in the other corridor, the guard at the end of the corridor watches in disbelief as his right hand takes the keys from his belt and proceeds to unlock and open the cell door in front of him; nobody seems to notice Ezra, who can see the other prisoner disappear around the corner.

-----
Round 1:

The Antigamer
2010-08-02, 12:54 AM
Nikolai turns around and notices that one of the guards has fallen of his own accord. He considers this as his split consciousness sends balls of electricity hurtling at the three remaining guards.
Schism action: Energy missile augmented with 12 power points; DC 28 reflex save halves, [roll0] damage to each of the three guards in the corridor. If this kills all the guards, Nikolai gathers up all of the cubes and any psionically empowered devices on the guards, takes out the keys, and heads to the northernmost door to start letting out prisoners. If they don't die, he repeats the energy missile attack.

Stat Block

AC: 15, Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 10, Fort: +15, Ref: +12, Will: +22, Base Attack Bonus: 16, Power Points: 370/816

Active powers

Schism: 15 rounds

Tattoos

1|
Dimension Slide|
r1|
ppc=5|

2|
Psionic revivify|
r1|
ppc=9|

3|
Body adjustment|
r1|

4|
Inducer|
r1|

r1|
Relay|
4, 18, 1, 2, 3|
pp=8|

5|
Inertial armor|
r2|

6|
Force screen|
r2|

7|
Free capacitor|
r2|
pp=2|

r2|
Relay|
7, 5, 6|
-|

8|
Energy Retort|
9|

9|
Capacitor|
8|
pp=5|

10|
Schism|
11|

11|
Capacitor|
10, 12|
pp=7|

12|
Transducer|
11|
-|

13|
Fission|
17|

14|
Capacitor|
13|
pp=13|

15|
Reality revision|
-|

16|
Incarnate|
-|
5, in storage

17|
Energy adaptation|
-|
3, in storage

18|
Capacitor|
r1|
pp=19|
1[/table]

Toliudar
2010-08-02, 02:22 AM
A ghostly and naked young woman drifts down from the ceiling, hovering over the still form of one of the guards. She holds a finger up to her lips, staring straight at the other prisoner. She touches the guard's belt, and it becomes as intangible as her. She quickly slips it around her waist, and prepares to continue down the hall.

This is assuming that Nikolai takes out the three guards. If not, she'll do the same kind of attack again on one of the survivors.

So, a move action to move south to one of the guards and grab whatever belt, pouch, bandolier, etc has the keys and other control devices on it. Then a free action to use the Assume Equipment ability of the Uncarnate, and a move action to put on the belt/etc.

Eurus
2010-08-02, 04:10 PM
Erza presses himself against the wall in case anyone tries to move past him, and mentally forces the controlled guard to move down the hall in a threatening stance.

Erza continues to concentrate on Control Body as a standard action. He has his controlled minion move 30 feet south.

Iun
2010-08-03, 04:32 AM
As the rest of the guards in the left corridor fall, Nikolai searches their remains, and the ghostly figure puts on the belt she has made incorporeal.

Nikolai and Ivory:

From the dissolved guards only the cubes are left, the rest have the same equipment as the guard in your cell. If Ivory decides to make everything hanging on the belt incorporeal then one cube, one set of keys, one longsword, and one dorje of inflict pain are now in her possession.

In the other corridor one guard suddenly starts shouting: "Zet just told me someone is controlling him! Check the cells again, we have an intruder on this level!"
Fumbling for their keys, the guards open the cell doors again an run inside, while the Zet, the controlled guard is still walking down the corridor.

---
Round 2:

Toliudar
2010-08-03, 05:18 AM
The ghost glances back down the hall at Nikolai, and nods. She gestures towards the far end of the hallway. A hand settles on a belt that now seems just as insubstantial as her. She glances down at one of the dissolving remains of the guards that had been before her just a moment ago. His broad nose. The longish, receding hair. A wide, almost bow-legged stance. She would be able to use that in the future.

Power. Power flooding into mind, speeding up her body. The ghost glances back to the other prisoner, opening a door. Not a bad idea, if the others aren't protected the ways hers was... She dove through a wall and ran through, casting about with all her senses.
Quickened and extended Animal Affinity (augmented for +8 int).
Full round movement - 10' west to 8,9, then south as far as she can, stopping at the south corridor. If a forcefield blocks her way, she'll reverse course and simply run down the passage. If she senses a living being and still has a standard action left, she'll make a "wait here" gesture, and duck back out to the corridor.

PP: 334 HP: 252 AC: 28

Feralventas
2010-08-03, 10:41 AM
Hearing the guard's exclemation, Fen peers arround the corner she'd ducked behind, watching one of the guards step into a cell. With a smirk and a gesture, she carefully pushes the door closed behind him and begins walking back up the corridor.

The Antigamer
2010-08-03, 02:15 PM
Nikolai finishes gathering the cubes and dorjes from the fallen guards, and moves to the last door. When the other prisoner checks back over her shoulder, he points to another cell door in the hallway, then opens the door he's at and sticks his head in to check for prisoners. When he finds none, he shuts the door and moves to the next one, opens it and sticks his head in.

Stat Block

Active powers

Schism: 14 rounds

Tattoos

1|
Dimension Slide|
r1|
ppc=5|

2|
Psionic revivify|
r1|
ppc=9|

3|
Body adjustment|
r1|

4|
Inducer|
r1|

r1|
Relay|
4, 18, 1, 2, 3|
pp=8|

5|
Inertial armor|
r2|

6|
Force screen|
r2|

7|
Free capacitor|
r2|
pp=2|

r2|
Relay|
7, 5, 6|
-|

8|
Energy Retort|
9|

9|
Capacitor|
8|
pp=5|

10|
Schism|
11|

11|
Capacitor|
10, 12|
pp=7|

12|
Transducer|
11|
-|

13|
Fission|
17|

14|
Capacitor|
13|
pp=13|

15|
Reality revision|
-|

16|
Incarnate|
-|
5, in storage

17|
Energy adaptation|
-|
3, in storage

18|
Capacitor|
r1|
pp=19|
1[/table]

Eurus
2010-08-03, 05:50 PM
Erza stealthily follows the guard into the room ten feet north of him, and guides Zet in after him to attack the guard there. Erza himself takes advantage of the distraction to work on releasing any prisoners that the room holds.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Iun
2010-08-04, 05:17 AM
The cell Nikolai looks into is empty, but the first cell Ivory comes into contains a bound prisoner who looks rather surprised and begins to speak when she motions him to wait and returns to the corridor.

Fen walks up the corridor, closing the doors behind two guards, while Ezra sneaks in after another, and begins to free the cell's prisoner after Zet begins to assault his fellow guard, who cries out, more in surprise than in pain, before he calls out for help; a few seconds later two more guards enter the room, weapons drawn, and noticing Ezra's attempt to unbind the inmate.

In the corridor, Fen watches the guards rushing towards the cell Ezra entered.

---
Round 3:

Toliudar
2010-08-04, 09:50 AM
The ghost opens her mouth to speak. For the first time in how long? Who knew? Focus. Make the sounds. Make the sounds. Initially, her voice is barely a whisper, then modulates up in volume and down in pitch until it approximated a human voice.

"I think that there's a prisoner. Another prisoner bound in that cell. Can you help him? I'll. I'll check the others."

Barring other results from any conversation with Nikolai, the ghost darts back into a wall and out of sight.

I think the ghost saw Nikolai come out of his cell at more or less the same time she did, so she should know she's got five other cells to check. She'll do a quick loop of the west cells, then scoop around to the east, and pop out to share her findings.

The Antigamer
2010-08-04, 11:40 AM
Nikolai nods at the other escapee, and heads to the door she indicated. Once inside, (barring the prisoner threatening him or being insane) he frees the prisoner and tells him to help free more prisoners. (If the prisoner seems to fall on the side of good, he'll say it's good to free their fellows. If he seems evil, he'll say more bodies means more confusion, and an easier escape route.) Then he moves on to the next room the ghost indicates, and repeats the process.

Stat Block

Active powers

Schism: 13 rounds

Tattoos

1|
Dimension Slide|
r1|
ppc=5|

2|
Psionic revivify|
r1|
ppc=9|

3|
Body adjustment|
r1|

4|
Inducer|
r1|

r1|
Relay|
4, 18, 1, 2, 3|
pp=8|

5|
Inertial armor|
r2|

6|
Force screen|
r2|

7|
Free capacitor|
r2|
pp=2|

r2|
Relay|
7, 5, 6|
-|

8|
Energy Retort|
9|

9|
Capacitor|
8|
pp=5|

10|
Schism|
11|

11|
Capacitor|
10, 12|
pp=7|

12|
Transducer|
11|
-|

13|
Fission|
17|

14|
Capacitor|
13|
pp=13|

15|
Reality revision|
-|

16|
Incarnate|
-|
5, in storage

17|
Energy adaptation|
-|
3, in storage

18|
Capacitor|
r1|
pp=19|
1[/table]

Feralventas
2010-08-05, 09:57 PM
Seeing that the "invisible" fellow seemed occupied with something, and perhaps wanting to act on the gradually developing stress that had been building with her clairity of the situation, Fen dispenses with subtlety for the moment. Closing her eyes to better focus her thoughts, she reaches out with the weak telekinetic field that she had been maintaining and focuses it, pulling both of them into the air and attempting forcefully drag them toward her.

Applying twinned Telekinetic Force to the two guards, augmenting it with two extra points for a maximum weight of 300lb's to be safe, and lifting them into the air before pulling them back toward her. If either of them try to yell a warning or the like, she'll attempt to stifle them with a more delicate application of the same power, forcing their mouths shut at least.

Int check to manage that if needed >.>;
[roll0]

Eurus
2010-08-05, 11:15 PM
Erza looks up at the guards flooding into the room, and sighs. "Must we?"

If - and only if - anyone moves to attack him, Erza sighs, and flickers, and suddenly is transformed into a horrific mass of oily black skin and thrashing tentacles radiating a sickly green glow.

Readying an action to use Temporal Acceleration for three rounds (19 pp) if anyone attacks Erza. During those rounds, he'll manifest Form of Doom, Inertial Armor (augmented to 19 pp, +13 armor bonus to AC), and Vigor (augmented to 19 pp, 95 pp).

Iun
2010-08-06, 05:03 AM
After being freed, the prisoner just stands there for a while, apparently heavily under the influence of the drug, but it seems he understands Nikolai and eventually moves towards the exit.
In the corridor the ghost reports that all the western cells are occupied, before disappearing into the remaining ones.

---

In the other corridor Fen manages to incapacitate the guards by lifting them up into the air; inside the cell two guards charge towards Ezra, and when they see him becoming a nightmarish creature within the blink of an eye, they panic. Their hands fly towards the small cubes on their belt and all of Ezra's powers cease. One guard has the presence of mind to try and grab him, but Ezra easily foils the attempt. The others seem frozen in fear.

Round 4:

Feralventas
2010-08-06, 10:37 AM
This is a conveyer belt of hurt.

As the guards come into range, she strikes at the first with her manifested weapons, attempting to put them down one at a time.

If she succeeds in putting the first one down with an AOO...

Fen turns her attentions to the next body floating toward the next approaching punching bag. Another couple of lashes to take him out, and she guides their unconsious bodies carefully to the floor.

AOO
[roll0]
[roll1]

Standard atack
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

And move action to shuffle them into the cell next to her :3.

Toliudar
2010-08-06, 01:38 PM
In the last cell she stopped in, the pale figure gives what she hopes is a reassuring smile to the prisoner, then lifts her hand. The straps and bonds holding the prisoner fall away, and he/she is gently tugged up to their feet. She darts through the wall, back to the room she had just come from.

Using Telekinetic Force to undo the prisoner's bonds, then moving south to 12, 24, preparing to do the same next round. The doors will have to wait for the moment.

Eurus
2010-08-07, 02:25 PM
Intrigued by this turn of events, Erza calmly moves up and attempts to grab or knock the devices out of the hands of as many of the guards as possible.

Making four disarm attempts against separate guards. They would get attacks of opportunity, but you didn't mention them as holding any weapons.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Iun
2010-08-08, 03:47 AM
While Ivory Ghost and Nikolai proceed to free the prisoners, Fen easily dispatches the two guards left in the eastern corridor and places them into the next best cell.
Ezra manages to rip one of the cubes out of the guard in front of him; in reaction they all draw their weapons and strike at him, their free hands still on the strange little cubes. The men's attacks are barely an annoyance for Ezra, but he is now surrounded by them, and the prisoner next to him doesn't seem to be in any condition to fight.
(38 damage to Ezra)

---
Round 5:

Feralventas
2010-08-08, 11:29 AM
With her current engagement dealt with for the time being, Fen takes a moment to examine her situation. Her telekinetic sight reveals that the prisoner from their earlier encounter in the hall is in something of a compromising position, but is out of her immediate reach.

Seeing no other threat to herself though, she pauses, calming herself and seeking to regain her focus despite the growing anarchy about the place.

Concentration DC 20 to regain psionic focus

[roll0]

Toliudar
2010-08-08, 12:17 PM
The ghost liberates a second prisoner telekinetically, and gestures for him to wait at the door.

She floats across the hallway, hoping to see the powerful prisoner. Ah. Perhaps he was in another of the cells. She darted through another wall and waved to the prisoner on the other side.

"I am about to release your bindings. Please move to the door. It will open soon."

Huh. This talking thing was starting to come back to her! This was good.

The Antigamer
2010-08-08, 05:21 PM
Nikolai finishes freeing the prisoner, and then moves on to the next door the ghost-like woman indicated, planning to free another. No one should be locked up who's only crime is being extraordinary.

Eurus
2010-08-09, 01:11 AM
Erza shrugs off the blows with little apparent reaction besides irritation. Unable to slip past the crowd, he reluctantly draws upon an inner reserve of strength and attempts to knock one of the men out to make an exit.

I think that activating his psychic energy centers is an extraordinary ability since it comes from a feat. So Erza will activate his Base Chakra as a swift action, giving him +6 to Strength, Dex, and Con for the next few hours. As a result, his HP increases by 60 and his AC increases to 22.

Then attacking whoever is directly between him and the exit. If one hit is enough to drop them (doubtful) then he'll use his move action to leave the room. If it's not, he'll make it a full attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

Iun
2010-08-10, 05:40 AM
Nikolai and Ivory Ghost proceed to free more prisoners, one as dazed as the other - apparently you are the only ones who developed a resistance to the drug - and Fen uses the absence of any further guard to regain her focus.

Ezra incapacitates one of the men and dashes out of the cell; the guards decide not to pursue him and rather restrain the prisoner again.
As he leaves the cell, all his active psionics resurface. Apparently the guards' cubes emit some kind of null psionic field.

It's a psionic feat and thus affected like any other psionic abilities.

---
Round 6:

Toliudar
2010-08-10, 01:48 PM
Barring any sense that there are things otherwise amiss, the Ghost telekinetically frees the prisoner, and then drifts to the next cell to prepare to do the same again. She layers on more mental protections against the prospect of needing to fight their way out.

Standard action to free the prisoner in this cell, then moving to 8,19. No reason she has to be adjacent to the prisoner to free him/her.
Swift action to manifest Defensive Precognition, spending 19 points to give a +5 insight bonus to AC).

PP: 315/753. AC 32

The Antigamer
2010-08-10, 11:56 PM
Nikolai moves on to the next unopened cell, to release the prisoner inside.

Stat Block

Active powers

Schism: 12 rounds

Tattoos

1|
Dimension Slide|
r1|
ppc=5|

2|
Psionic revivify|
r1|
ppc=9|

3|
Body adjustment|
r1|

4|
Inducer|
r1|

r1|
Relay|
4, 18, 1, 2, 3|
pp=8|

5|
Inertial armor|
r2|

6|
Force screen|
r2|

7|
Free capacitor|
r2|
pp=2|

r2|
Relay|
7, 5, 6|
-|

8|
Energy Retort|
9|

9|
Capacitor|
8|
pp=5|

10|
Schism|
11|

11|
Capacitor|
10, 12|
pp=7|

12|
Transducer|
11|
-|

13|
Fission|
17|

14|
Capacitor|
13|
pp=13|

15|
Reality revision|
-|

16|
Incarnate|
-|
5, in storage

17|
Energy adaptation|
-|
3, in storage

18|
Capacitor|
r1|
pp=19|
1[/table]

The Antigamer
2010-08-14, 02:19 AM
Now that he's freed all the prisoners in this hall, Nikolai walks towards the adjoining hall, looking left and right for the insubstantial woman who had helped him.

Feel free to pop up anybody, we'll do a quick intro and head out. :smallsmile:

Stat Block

AC: 15, Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 10, Fort: +15, Ref: +12, Will: +22, Base Attack Bonus: 16, Power Points: 382/816

Active powers

Schism: 11 rounds
Bane sword: 199 minutes, +2 to attack, +2d6 damage

Tattoos

1|
Dimension Slide|
r1|
ppc=5|

2|
Psionic revivify|
r1|
ppc=9|

3|
Body adjustment|
r1|

4|
Inducer|
r1|

r1|
Relay|
4, 18, 1, 2, 3|
pp=8|

5|
Inertial armor|
r2|

6|
Force screen|
r2|

7|
Free capacitor|
r2|
pp=2|

r2|
Relay|
7, 5, 6|
-|

8|
Energy Retort|
9|

9|
Capacitor|
8|
pp=5|

10|
Schism|
11|

11|
Capacitor|
10, 12|
pp=7|

12|
Transducer|
11|
-|

13|
Fission|
17|

14|
Capacitor|
13|
pp=13|

15|
Reality revision|
-|

16|
Incarnate|
-|
5, in storage

17|
Energy adaptation|
-|
3, in storage

18|
Capacitor|
r1|
pp=19|
1[/table]

Eurus
2010-08-14, 01:17 PM
Erza quickly puts distance between himself and the room full of guards, pocketing the psionic negator and blending into the shadows. He tries to make his way over to the other prisoners, the stronger ones that he noticed before.

Toliudar
2010-08-16, 09:33 AM
As she gestures for the last of the prisoners to join her in the hallway, the ghost looks up at the other prisoner who seems unaffected by the sluggishness of the others.

"Good work. We should go."

She zips to the end of the hallway, and immediately turns back to Nikolai.

"Stairs down, that way. I'll go see what is below."

The ghost drops into the floor.

I'm not sure how much of a fast-forward you want, so feel free to cut this short.

The Ghost manifests a personal mind blank, and then moves straight down. She goes for 60', or until some part of her emerges into air, at which point she hides [roll0] and uses both sight and touchsight to look around. She immediately returns to the same spot and seeks out the other freed prisoners to report on what she's found.

AC 32, HP 252, PP 345

The Antigamer
2010-08-16, 11:08 AM
Nikolai gives the Ghost a sharp nod, then waves a hand at the other two prisoners who seem to have shrugged off the drug's effects, and heads down the stairs as well.

Eurus
2010-08-16, 09:42 PM
Erza realizes that now is not the time for questions, and moves over to the stairs, waiting to descend until the ghost returns to report.

Iun
2010-08-17, 01:40 PM
The level below you seems to hold prisoners posing a lesser security risk in simple and very small cells; or has held before the attack began. Now the iron bar doors of several cells are open, guards are trying to reign in prisoners everywhere, and from further below a group of men and women wearing neither prison garb nor guard uniform are flowing in.
The air is full of psionic energy; sparks, noises, and strange smells assault your senses. Apparently the ingenious devices you have encountered aren't working against the unknown attackers.

For now both Ivory Ghost and Nikolai go unnoticed.

Toliudar
2010-08-17, 02:06 PM
I'm now assuming that the four of us have met up, and that the prisoners we've freed on the upper level are reasonably responsive and following instructions. Please just let me know if I'm incorrect in those assumptions).

I'm assuming that we're heading out of round-to-round action at this point, so I thought that sketching out several rounds of activity would be appropriate. Generally, she'll move into position in the ceiling above a guard, then sneak-attack for 11d6. Slow but sure. Obviously, if the guards get organized and/or start changing tactics, she'll re-evaluate.

Returning to the upper level, the ghost sketches out the situation below for the other prisoners.

"I'm guessing. If others are breaking in. Then that's a good place to break out. Perhaps we can join forces with them. Yes?"

Unless someone else proposes a different overall strategy, the ghost will float down through the floor again. She will drift towards the northeast corner of the level and begin stabbing down with her hands at the guards trying to control escaping prisoners.

The Antigamer
2010-08-17, 02:50 PM
Nikolai hears the Ghost informing the others of the situation.
It would be nice to know those attackers opinions, he thinks to himself. He reaches out with his mind, and plants a suggestion in the mind of the closest attacker: "I am a friend. When I appear next to you, you will teleport with me willingly."
He shapes a bird-like humanoid out of ectoplasm gathered from the astral plane, then waves his hand and it disappears from view. Commanding his invisible construct to fly ten feet above where he is now, and ready an attack if the attacker proves hostile, he swiftly dimension hops over to the attacker' side, grabs him, and his split consciousness teleports them back to the other prisoners.

"Who are you? What do you want? Are you against the order? Are you against psionics?" he demands of the attacker.

Quickened Astral Construct, 20 pp
Standard: Suggestion, implanted 6 pp on attacker at 24-24
Swift: Dimension hop, 7pp
schism: teleport, psionic 14 pp
Move: regain psionic focus

Astral Construct

Large Construct
Hit Dice: [roll0]
Initiative: +1
Speed: 40 ft, 40 ft fly(avg)
Armor Class: 29 (+1 Dex, +19 natural, –1 size), touch 10, flat-footed 28
Base Attack/Grapple: +14/+30
Attack: Slam +25 melee (1d8+14)
Full Attack: 2 slams +25 melee (1d8+14)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Natural invisibility, construct
traits, damage reduction 15/magic, darkvision 60 ft., lowlight
vision
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +5
Abilities: Str 39, Dex 13, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 10

Stat Block

AC: 15, Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 10, Fort: +15, Ref: +12, Will: +22, Base Attack Bonus: 16, Power Points: 340/816
47 pp spent this combat round

Active powers

Schism: 10 rounds
Bane sword: 199 minutes, +2 to attack, +2d6 damage
Astral Construct: 20 rounds

Tattoos

1|
Dimension Slide|
r1|
ppc=5|

2|
Psionic revivify|
r1|
ppc=9|

3|
Body adjustment|
r1|

4|
Inducer|
r1|

r1|
Relay|
4, 18, 1, 2, 3|
pp=8|

5|
Inertial armor|
r2|

6|
Force screen|
r2|

7|
Free capacitor|
r2|
pp=2|

r2|
Relay|
7, 5, 6|
-|

8|
Energy Retort|
9|

9|
Capacitor|
8|
pp=5|

10|
Schism|
11|

11|
Capacitor|
10, 12|
pp=7|

12|
Transducer|
11|
-|

13|
Fission|
17|

14|
Capacitor|
13|
pp=13|

15|
Reality revision|
-|

16|
Incarnate|
-|
5, in storage

17|
Energy adaptation|
-|
3, in storage

18|
Capacitor|
r1|
pp=19|
1[/table]

Eurus
2010-08-19, 01:54 AM
Erza seems hesitant when the Ghost suggests joining with the attackers, but nods tentatively. "I suppose. But be careful. Contrary to popular belief, the enemy of my enemy is not always my friend."

Stealthily, he slinks down the stairs to observe the action. Seeing utter chaos, he is wracked by indecision. For now, he simply navigates closer to the stairs down and waits to see if his allies form any plans.

Moving to 25-26, hidden (taking 10 on hide and move silently).

Iun
2010-08-20, 03:25 AM
While Ezra and Ghost position themselves on the lower level where the battle slowly begins turn to the attackers' favor, Nikolai successfully kidnaps one of them.
The answers he gets are even shorter than his questions:

"Ian. Destroy the Order. Yes. No. Now take me back, my friends need my help. I suppose they could use yours, too."

Strangely, he doesn't seem the least surprised by Nikolai's display of powers.

The Antigamer
2010-08-20, 05:00 AM
Nikolai nods, releases Ian.
"Good enough for me." he says.
Looking at the freed prisoners from his level, he addresses them all, but pays particular mind to the three others who seem to have shaken off the drug.
"I don't know any of your capabilities, and we have little time, so there's no point in making a plan. Jump in and do what you do best. Anyone still woozy from the drug's effect stay up here, maybe take potshots at guards who you see overpowering anyone else. I'll provide more distractions." He smiles as he finishes, his split mind already working to manifest three explosions of sonic energy on the nearest guards. Flicking his eyes to his construct, he bids it to kill everything in a guard uniform, starting with the ones near the stairs down. As the barrage of explosions begins, he then leap from the stairs, and runs quickly north, eyes glowing as he charges his body with teleportation potential. When he reaches a certain point, he stops, takes a deep breath, and blinks.
Suddenly everything is still, guards, attackers, and prisoners all frozen in place. Nikolai teleports through the frozen room, creating astral constructs as he goes, and wrapping his body in shadows, before finally preparing some explosions for the guards when time snaps back to normal.

Initiative: [roll0]
schism: Energy barrage 10 pp, Explosion for Guards 27-32, 29-28, 33-13 (Postitioned to hit them alone) Damage: [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]
Move: Move to square 15-33
Standard: Inconstant location augmented to 12 pp
Swift: Temporal acceleration augmented to 18 pp, for three rounds
round 1

Swift: teleport to 20-32
Standard: Astral Construct at 21-32, 18 pp
Quickened Shadow body 20 pp
Move: Regain psionic focus

round 2

Swift: teleport to 6-32
Standard: Astral Construct at 5-32, 18 pp

round 3

Swift: teleport to ceiling of 6-23
Standard: Delayed energy barrage, 12 pp, two on both the guards at 4/5-15, one on guard at 5-12 Damage: [roll4], [roll5], [roll6]
move: Regain psionic focus

Original astral construct flies to 35-13, preparing to fight guards
Other two attack guards once time comes back. One attacks 12-32 guard: [roll7], [roll8], Damage: [roll9], [roll10]
The other attacks guard at 4-31, [roll11], [roll12], Damage: [roll13], [roll14]

Astral Construct

Large Construct
Hit Dice: [roll0]
Initiative: +1
Speed: 40 ft, 40 ft fly(avg)
Armor Class: 29 (+1 Dex, +19 natural, –1 size), touch 10, flat-footed 28
Base Attack/Grapple: +14/+30
Attack: Slam +25 melee (1d8+14)
Full Attack: 2 slams +25 melee (1d8+14)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Natural invisibility, construct
traits, damage reduction 15/magic, darkvision 60 ft., lowlight
vision
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +5
Abilities: Str 39, Dex 13, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 10

Stat Block

AC: 15, Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 10, Fort: +15, Ref: +12, Will: +22, Base Attack Bonus: 16, Power Points: 232/816
155 pp spent this combat round

Active powers

Schism: 9 rounds
Bane sword: 198 minutes, +2 to attack, +2d6 damage
Astral Construct: 19 rounds
Inconstant location: 3 minutes
Shadow body: 20 minutes

Tattoos

1|
Dimension Slide|
r1|
ppc=5|

2|
Psionic revivify|
r1|
ppc=9|

3|
Body adjustment|
r1|

4|
Inducer|
r1|

r1|
Relay|
4, 18, 1, 2, 3|
pp=8|

5|
Inertial armor|
r2|

6|
Force screen|
r2|

7|
Free capacitor|
r2|
pp=2|

r2|
Relay|
7, 5, 6|
-|

8|
Energy Retort|
9|

9|
Capacitor|
8|
pp=5|

10|
Schism|
11|

11|
Capacitor|
10, 12|
pp=7|

12|
Transducer|
11|
-|

13|
Fission|
17|

14|
Capacitor|
13|
pp=13|

15|
Reality revision|
-|

16|
Incarnate|
-|
5, in storage

17|
Energy adaptation|
-|
3, in storage

18|
Capacitor|
r1|
pp=19|
1[/table]

Toliudar
2010-08-22, 11:02 AM
Ivory Ghost

The ghost, oblivious to the conversation going on upstairs, the ghost positions herself to begin trying to help the prisoners succeed against the captors.

1st surprise round: Starting in the ceiling above 26,5. Standard action to sneak attack the guard below her. Attack, damage: [roll0][roll1]

2nd round: hustle to the ceiling above 30,4. Sneak attacking the two adjacent guards, dividing attacks between them as needed to finish them off:
Attack 1: [roll2] [roll3]
Attack 2: [roll4] [roll5]
Attack 1: [roll6] [roll7]
Attack 2: [roll8] [roll9]
Attack 1: [roll10] [roll11]

1st regular round. Initiative: [roll12]
If the guard at 26,5 is still up, she will return to the ceiling above him and attack. If he's down, she will move to the ceiling above 22,6 and sneak attack him: [roll13][roll14]