PDA

View Full Version : Items for 4e Tomb or horrors

DizzyD
2010-07-28, 11:22 AM
I'm getting ready for a 4e tomb of horrors game and I need ideas for Items. We are starting at 12th level and I'm playing a dragonborn warlord. The GM was generous enough to give us 10,500 starting gold. Any suggestions on items to help the group get through Hell and back.

Kurald Galain
2010-07-28, 11:27 AM
Battle Standard of Healing, and as much gear that grants resistances as you can find.

Mojo_Rat
2010-07-28, 11:38 AM
im actualy kind of curious wht they did for he conversion of this modual. it seems to me the design oncepts applied to the origonal dungeon are almost oposite of the ones used in 4rth edition.

BobTheDog
2010-07-28, 12:20 PM
im actualy kind of curious wht they did for he conversion of this modual. it seems to me the design oncepts applied to the origonal dungeon are almost oposite of the ones used in 4rth edition.

The design concept, I believe, is the same:

It should challenge the players.

Way back then, the "standard" adventuring consisted of kicking down the door, fighting what was in there, searching every inch for treasure/doors, and moving on. Doing that in the ToH would get you killed.

Now, the "standard" adventuring consists of a balanced party fighing with smart tactics and moving from an encounter to the next without too much hassle...

Diarmuid
2010-07-28, 12:55 PM
Reroll a rogue and have HUGE search/disable device skills.