PDA

View Full Version : The Hands of Fate (OOC)

OMG PONIES
2010-07-28, 12:18 PM
Welcome, one and all, to the OOC thread! Feel free to discuss whatever you want here but please abide by the forum rules. This thread will also be used for any OOC questions about the game itself (how far you are from things, OOC strategizing, etc.) Please try to keep the IC thread, well...IC.

Trodon
2010-07-28, 12:36 PM
FIRST! I call Indigo. :smalltongue:

Edit: I have to go now, I'll be back in an hour or so I think, I'm not entirely sure.

Keld Denar
2010-07-28, 12:54 PM
When I get my sheet in, I'll have my usual Sea Green.

Shosden Wavery, High Cudgel of St Cuthbert (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228099)

OMG PONIES
2010-07-28, 01:04 PM
I have a bad habit of using various colors for my NPCs. If anyone has a problem with it, please let me know, and I'll stick to blue.

Trodon
2010-07-28, 01:08 PM
To me, it's expected for the dm to use multiple colors for their npcs, I don't mind.

Critical
2010-07-28, 01:16 PM
Dark Orchid for me.

Noctemwolf
2010-07-28, 02:35 PM
Dark Slate Grey shall be for me.

Private-Prinny
2010-07-28, 05:31 PM
I guess I'll take Dark Orange.

Noctemwolf
2010-07-28, 08:15 PM
Hey! depending on how this story goes, do you think my character could be become a Druken Master? :smallbiggrin:

DoomCup
2010-07-28, 09:01 PM
WAK! We're starting already? Wow that was fast.
Dark red for me, I guess

OMG PONIES
2010-07-28, 09:22 PM
Drunken Master will definitely be available, along with the hilarious entry pre-req.

Noctemwolf
2010-07-28, 09:23 PM
Awesomeness! =P I think I can make those by 7th level... =P

Keld Denar
2010-07-28, 09:44 PM
Character sheet is pretty much done. Just finalizing some last minute details. I edited it into my first post.

I got a Wand of Lesser Vigor and a Healing Belt, but I'm not THAT kind of cleric...

Private-Prinny
2010-07-28, 10:54 PM
I got a Wand of Lesser Vigor and a Healing Belt, but I'm not THAT kind of cleric...

If you're not THAT kind of Cleric, then you're probably that kind of Cleric. I'll have to work hard to not be out-gished.

Keld Denar
2010-07-29, 12:14 AM
I has a power attack. Do you has a power attack?

I like to think of this as a 'Zilla-free cleric. I don't need no stinkin DMM! Hes just naturally a bamf.

OMG PONIES
2010-07-29, 05:20 AM
Keld, I'm liking your build so far! I've never seen an ordained champion before in play before, so it should be interesting. Feel free to post IC, but the following changes need to be made:

1. You should only have 34 hp.
2. You can turn undead 7/day.
3. Please indicate armor check penalties on your skills (don't forget, double for swim).

Trodon
2010-07-29, 08:10 AM
Nixeu (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=226421) Just posting my character for anyone that wants to see it.

Private-Prinny
2010-07-29, 08:49 AM
I has a power attack. Do you has a power attack?

I like to think of this as a 'Zilla-free cleric. I don't need no stinkin DMM! Hes just naturally a bamf.

I do has a Power Attack, actually, and I also has a Knowledge Devotion. I'm also a Collector of Stories.

And the DMM-Free part makes me feel safer, but I'm slightly miffed about the waived deity requirement on the Ordained Champion, considering St. Cuthbert, unlike Hextor or Heironeous, doesn't actually get the War domain.

Keld Denar
2010-07-29, 09:07 AM
1. You should only have 34 hp.
8 + 5x4 + 5x2 + 5 for Imp Toughness = 43, or do you not use the half+1 rule? If not, then I'd have 39. I traded my Str Domain granted power for Imp Toughness when I took my 1st OC level.

2. You can turn undead 7/day.
Relequary Holy Symbol (MIC pg 120) gives me 2 more.

3. Please indicate armor check penalties on your skills (don't forget, double for swim).
Done

but I'm slightly miffed about the waived deity requirement on the Ordained Champion, considering St. Cuthbert, unlike Hextor or Heironeous, doesn't actually get the War domain.

Having played in Living Greyhawk for 6 years while the campaign was running, I can tell you for certain that St Cuthbert has some VERY militaristic sects. He's not some nancy-pants like Pelor is. I could change this if the DM wants, but I really wanted to use a gnarled old tree branch as a weapon, and OC is rather restrictive in weapon choice.

OMG PONIES
2010-07-29, 09:28 AM
8 + 5x4 + 5x2 + 5 for Imp Toughness = 43, or do you not use the half+1 rule? If not, then I'd have 39. I traded my Str Domain granted power for Imp Toughness when I took my 1st OC level.

I don't use half+1, just half, but I DID forget Improved Toughness. That's what I get for reviewing sheets at 6 AM.

Relequary Holy Symbol (MIC pg 120) gives me 2 more.

I'm missing something. 3 + 0 (CHA) + 2 = 5. I thought the symbol gave you 4 extra attempts, which is where I got the 7 from. Again, I beg patience...6 AM sheet review once again.

Done

Thank you!

Having played in Living Greyhawk for 6 years while the campaign was running, I can tell you for certain that St Cuthbert has some VERY militaristic sects. He's not some nancy-pants like Pelor is. I could change this if the DM wants, but I really wanted to use a gnarled old tree branch as a weapon, and OC is rather restrictive in weapon choice.

Use the stats for the weapon you're allowed; we can refluff it as a tree branch.

Keld Denar
2010-07-29, 11:22 AM
I'll change the HP when I get home today. Hopefully we won't get into a fight before then...

I have Extra Turning, so Turn attempts should be:
3 base + 0 cha + 2 RHS + 4 ET = 9 turn attempts. I need them to power Law Devotion

Are you saying that you won't let me be an Ordained Champion of St Cuthbert? If not, I'd have to change to Heironeous, who uses either a Battle Axe of a Longsword (old aspect vs new aspect). St Cuthbert's weapon is the Cudgel of St Cuthbert. Acording to the greyhawk documents I've seen, this is either represented by a heavy mace, a club, or a greatclub. You are using the greyhawk dieties, right? Otherwise, I could just create a war diety to fit, I just figured I'd go with one that requires the least amount of rewriting. I could use a heavy mace, its only 1 average damage below the great club, but I kinda wanted a wooden weapon for personal reasons.

OMG PONIES
2010-07-29, 05:00 PM
Sorry, I somehow missed extra turning too...yikes.

Eh, I don't like changing restrictions on PrCs, but I'll allow it since:
1. Your build seems practical and not looking for any cheese.
2. I don't know any cheese you can access by worshiping St cuthbert.

So go for it!

And yes, core/greyhawk deities with any changes/adaptations requested and discussed.

Keld Denar
2010-07-29, 07:43 PM
And just so you know when you are reading it allowed, its not pronounced "cuth bert" like it looks, its pronounced "kooth behr", like the Colbert Report.

Trodon
2010-07-29, 08:22 PM
I'm ready to move this along if everyone else is.

Private-Prinny
2010-07-29, 08:37 PM
And just so you know when you are reading it allowed, its not pronounced "cuth bert" like it looks, its pronounced "kooth behr", like the Colbert Report.

"Which brings us to tonight's Holy Word." :smalltongue:

Keld Denar
2010-07-29, 08:41 PM
Shush you, Holy Word abuse is still like, 10 levels away. I lose 3 spellcaster levels going into Ordained Champ...

Private-Prinny
2010-07-29, 09:14 PM
Shush you, Holy Word abuse is still like, 10 levels away. I lose 3 spellcaster levels going into Ordained Champ...

It was the only pun I could think of, so there. :smalltongue:

On another note, doesn't Ordained Champion lose 2 caster levels? What else did you have in mind?

Keld Denar
2010-07-29, 10:35 PM
Ah, you are right.

Afterwards...no idea. Knight of the Raven maybe? If the DM lets me. Its a pretty solid class. Otherwise back into cleric, assuming we even make it past 9.

OMG PONIES
2010-07-30, 05:22 AM
I fully intend that you will--if you survive.

Critical
2010-07-30, 05:28 AM
I fully intend that you will--if you survive.

Oh boy. :smallamused:

OMG PONIES
2010-07-30, 05:38 AM
Meh, not trying to run a high-lethality campaign, but it does happen.

Private-Prinny
2010-07-30, 07:24 AM
Does anyone feel like sharing what their super-special-awesome items do? I don't know if the PMs were to be secret or just to keep the post length down.

OMG PONIES
2010-07-30, 08:36 AM
They were just to keep the post length down...and so nobody gets upset that their item isn't as cool as another's. I tried to give items that were different than the norm, but aided your character in their niche.

If you want to brag, feel free to share.

Trodon
2010-07-30, 08:42 AM
Honestly, I'm a big fan of my blessing. :smallbiggrin:

+1 AC, +1 Saves and I can call upon the angel sitting in the room (Her name is Ana by the way.) once.

Private-Prinny
2010-07-30, 09:31 AM
I like mine.

Your gift functions as a Tome of Worldly Memory, which you can find in the Magic Item Compendium, with changes as follows:

Untrained knowledge skills take a full round to use the book, while any knowledge skill that you are trained in takes a move action to reap the benefit of the book. In addition, the book allows you to cast the following spells 1/day at a caster level equal to your character level:

Identify
Locate Object
Augury (no need for material component)

To use this feature of the book, you must spend a duskblade spell slot of 2nd-level or higher.

I can use it to help fuel Knowledge Devotion, and Identify and Augury are always useful.

OMG PONIES
2010-07-30, 09:37 AM
Honestly, I'm a big fan of my blessing. :smallbiggrin:

Good, I'm glad. Just so everyone's aware, plot-related things like this will make themselves available to those who immerse themselves in their characters (and the world). Nixeu's interaction with the angel prompted his unique blessing.

I like mine. I can use it to help fuel Knowledge Devotion, and Identify and Augury are always useful.

I'm glad once again! It was designed to help kick your Knowledge Devotion up a notch. The other spells were just things I thought your party should have [limited] free access to.

If anyone doesn't like your item, don't be shy...I won't be sad. Feel free to sell it, and if there's ever gear that you want, you can start a wish list here in the OOC. Shops won't have every magic item, but I'll try to make them available in one way or another.

Keld Denar
2010-07-30, 10:45 AM
I love my item. You must be telepathetic, because you read my mind. When I was building the character, I considered dropping the cash for the Armbands of Might, but decided that it wasn't quite worth it at this point. Its seriously one of my favorite low level items in the MIC. The fact that it changes Dex to Con for my saggy Ref save is just a sweet sweet bonus!

Critical
2010-07-30, 10:49 AM
Meh, mine's a so so - Robe of Quills with a swift action resist energy 10 once per day.

Keld Denar
2010-07-30, 10:52 AM
Swift? Or Immediate? Cause there is an Immediate one in the MIC (first appeared in the Miniature Handbook), which I'm guessing its based on. Immediate is REALLY useful. Swift...less so.

Critical
2010-07-30, 11:31 AM
Checked it - yeah, it's swift, kind of surprised me too.

Noctemwolf
2010-07-30, 12:23 PM
Where would you like the rolls to be? in the ooc section, perhaps?

OMG PONIES
2010-07-30, 12:48 PM
New post is up! Sorry for the wall of text, but it was exposition time. TL; DR? The Hands of Fate tried to kill the gods before. They lost. A group now has the same name, but they're pretty mysterious. Your job? Find out what they're up to.

Critical, sorry, that should be an immediate action. Swift action doesn't really do you a fat lot of good. I was basically condensing two items into one. I was as underwhelmed as you with your item...I just had no idea what you would benefit from. I wanted to give you anklets of translocation and a healing belt together as a cloak, but then remembered that you already had both. I'm sending you a PM with an idea for a further minor enchantment...tell me what you think.

As for the rolls, I personally prefer them in the IC thread, but spoilered.

Critical
2010-07-30, 01:11 PM
Is that glow effect spell or spell-like ability? If yes, I have just enough to see her face. :smalltongue:

OMG PONIES
2010-07-30, 01:46 PM
Yes, it's spell-like. Go ahead and read the spoiler.

Private-Prinny
2010-07-30, 02:51 PM
If we're starting wishlists, I should probably jot down 3 items. I pretty much need a Sizing enhancement for my Guisarme (+5000 GP) and Strongarm Bracers. A Belt of Battle would be nice, especially with move action Knowledge bonuses, but that could probably wait until later.

OMG PONIES
2010-07-30, 02:55 PM
Your wishlist has been noted. Just so everyone knows, you can expect new posts early Saturday and Sunday morning, but this is a pretty busy weekend, since my wife and I are visiting friends (both local and out-of-state). Actually, the weekends are usually busy like that for me, but I'm a morning owl (if that's a thing), so I'm always on for a few hours around 6-8 Eastern time.

Noctemwolf
2010-07-30, 04:26 PM
Just as General Knowledge; me and Trodon's Characters know each other already.

Private-Prinny
2010-07-30, 06:06 PM
I have a couple of questions.

1. How do you interpret the Collector of Stories skill trick? Can I apply it to the checks for Knowledge Devotion?
2. Do you mind if I reallocate my skill points? No skill checks have been made for anything yet, so I figure it's safe to ask.

DoomCup
2010-07-30, 06:35 PM
Liking my glasses, even if they make me look like an overarmed Harry Potter XD

Private-Prinny
2010-07-30, 06:51 PM
Liking my glasses, even if they make me look like an overarmed Harry Potter XD

What do they do?

DoomCup
2010-07-30, 08:13 PM
They let me do something called True Strike, and I can blind-fight. Pretty snazzy

OMG PONIES
2010-07-30, 10:43 PM
I have a couple of questions.

1. How do you interpret the Collector of Stories skill trick? Can I apply it to the checks for Knowledge Devotion?
2. Do you mind if I reallocate my skill points? No skill checks have been made for anything yet, so I figure it's safe to ask.

1. Yes, it applies to Know Devo.
2. Go ahead.

Noctemwolf
2010-07-31, 08:58 PM
AM I seeing this wrong? Is it just a group of people meeting in the graveyard that work for the Hand, or... what?

Sorry, Just a little confused.

Private-Prinny
2010-07-31, 10:05 PM
AM I seeing this wrong? Is it just a group of people meeting in the graveyard that work for the Hand, or... what?

Sorry, Just a little confused.

I'm pretty sure it's the Hands themselves. Or at least a few of them.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-01, 12:05 AM
The (limited) intel you have makes it sound like a meeting of the hands themselves. How many attendees and the reason for the meeting are among the secrets.

DoomCup
2010-08-01, 10:25 AM
Apologies for not being able to post yesterday, my ISP chose that day to suffer an outage.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-02, 04:45 AM
It's okay--the weekend kicked my butt. But now, here we are! Does anybody want to make any IC conversation or plans, or should we move along to later that night?

Also, if we're ever at a point IC where you feel like there's nothing else to do, just post here in the OOC that you're ready to forward the storyline, and I'll jump forward.

Trodon
2010-08-02, 08:31 AM
I don't care ether way.

Critical
2010-08-02, 08:47 AM
I'm ready.

Private-Prinny
2010-08-02, 09:57 AM
I've got just one thing to do, then I'm ready.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-02, 10:36 AM
Prinny, I'm assuming your knowledge check was the one thing you wanted to do? I'll include anything you find as a spoiler in my next post which will advance us in time (coming up on my lunch in about 90 minutes).

Also, feel free to give me Knowledge: religion checks for any basic information about how cults typically operate. I'm afraid there may not be many specifics in this particular case, but you'll at least get a framework...maybe more with a good check.

Lastly, everybody: I am BIG on circumstance modifiers! It's a freebie right now, but going forward, please roleplay any skills to the best of your ability. Providing a shopkeep with a convincing argument as to why he should lower his price will get you a lower DC than simply posting "I roll Diplomacy." Likewise, knowledge checks can be boosted by perusing libraries (or checking Prinny's mobile library). Also, your locale can seriously change your results. A Gather Information check in noble circles will tell you only socially acceptable information, whereas one in a skeevy bar will pile on the gory details.

Private-Prinny
2010-08-02, 11:09 AM
Prinny, I'm assuming your knowledge check was the one thing you wanted to do?

That is correct. BTW, if I rolled the wrong type of Knowledge check, all 6 of the Knowledges that I'm trained in have the same modifier, so the result would be the same.

Keld Denar
2010-08-02, 12:18 PM
I'm good to go whenever.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-02, 12:54 PM
Does anybody know a decent online map generator? I can make a table in the forum if need be, but I'd rather have something a bit prettier.

Keld Denar
2010-08-02, 03:52 PM
Send a PM to PId6. He makes EXCELLENT maps and could probably work through something with you. Tell him I sent you. Hope this helps?

OMG PONIES
2010-08-02, 03:56 PM
Thank you! I will...does he make them as tables on the forum, or something else?

Keld Denar
2010-08-02, 04:18 PM
He makes them in another program, saves them as a jpeg, uploads them to photobucket or similar program, and then posts them in a spoiler in the thread using [img] tags. It sounds like a bit, but its not so bad. It also makes updating the map a cinch for the owner of the map.

It also puts a nice grid on the map with coordinates, which is nice for calling out what squares you are referencing for things like targeting spells, moving more than a couple spaces, or identifying a particular foe.

Critical
2010-08-02, 04:41 PM
I use the one over here (www.celestine-empire.net) for the PbP's I run.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-03, 05:40 AM
Thanks, Critical! That's actually a pretty nice solution. I've created a map at home--here's hoping the site's not blocked at work. Please place yourselves on the map here (http://www.celestine-empire.net/battlegrid/DM.php?sessionID=Cemetary). You may be as far forward as J. The map does not mean a battle is necessary--just that it may be important to track position.

Noctemwolf
2010-08-03, 06:08 PM
I'm sorry I haven't been online for a little guys. Am I still in for playing?
and what does A and P stand for on the map?

Private-Prinny
2010-08-03, 06:48 PM
I'm sorry I haven't been online for a little guys. Am I still in for playing?
and what does A and P stand for on the map?

A stands for "Aramis," and I can only assume that P stands for "Predator."

OMG PONIES
2010-08-03, 09:33 PM
You're definitely still in...welcome back!

And Keld...-9? That's so bad it's good again.

Noctemwolf
2010-08-03, 09:39 PM
not too bad on those rolls... 9_9***

Keld Denar
2010-08-03, 09:59 PM
Hey, what do you want from me....full plate and not moving at half speed. I got the Durkon Thundershield karma workin for me.

EDIT: I won't, and in fact probably CAN'T, hide, so confrontation is likely. Can I get a proactive Bull Str off?

Noctemwolf
2010-08-05, 04:04 PM
I'm Checking this on my iPod, so I can't really type much up. Once I get to a computer, I can type something more substantial.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-05, 04:09 PM
You have time to get off a Bull's Strength, but you don't necessarily need ranks in Hide to actually hide from a herd of people.

Keld Denar
2010-08-05, 04:12 PM
You saw my level of success with Move Silently. I mean, I guess I could go behind a sarcophogus...don't need to make a hide check when you have full cover! Sure...lets do that.

EDIT: Could you do a real map? I think it would be a ton easier to work with. That whiteboard thinggy is neat, but doesn't really feel as good as a map would be. Did you send a tell to PId6?

OMG PONIES
2010-08-09, 05:06 AM
Sorry for the lull, I had some unexpected circumstances come up. Posting shall continue, but now I'm working on today's submission for Private-Prinny's Iron Chef Optimization Challenge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162702), so don't expect an IC post until tomorrow morning.

Noctemwolf
2010-08-11, 04:11 PM
0_0**... sorry about the missed touch attack. You would think I would remember something like that...

[roll0]

OMG PONIES
2010-08-11, 05:26 PM
Well, you hit, if it's any consolation.

Keld Denar
2010-08-11, 05:30 PM
So...yea. We gonna follow him? Or punk him right here in the graveyard? I'm all in favor of the latter, unless someone objects.

Private-Prinny
2010-08-11, 07:43 PM
No objections here.

Noctemwolf
2010-08-12, 12:45 PM
I think we can probably sneak in and hear what the Hands of Fate are up too. After all, since all the poeple are dressed in clothing from all walks of life. even if theres some sort of list of those allowed in, they may not notice another four participants.

My character has let go of the worshiper. if you still want to 'punk' him, go right ahead. :smallsmile:

Keld Denar
2010-08-12, 12:49 PM
Yea, I suppose thats worth a shot.

Critical
2010-08-12, 12:59 PM
I think we can probably sneak in and hear what the Hands of Fate are up too. After all, since all the poeple are dressed in clothing from all walks of life. even if theres some sort of list of those allowed in, they may not notice another four participants.

My character has let go of the worshiper. if you still want to 'punk' him, go right ahead. :smallsmile:
Sneak in? More like march in with the following sound of armor. :smallbiggrin:

Noctemwolf
2010-08-12, 01:22 PM
0_0* ya, now that I think about it, your character will certainly draw a lot of attention...

Keld Denar
2010-08-12, 02:14 PM
Well, everyone else is dressed up as what they do, so maybe someone will mistake you for a guard or knight or something. Me too. Just because its known we are there doesn't mean they'll know WHY we are there or that we plan to slaughter them wholesale. :smallbiggrin:

Noctemwolf
2010-08-14, 09:35 PM
Aloha! How is everyone?

(Hello?)

Critical
2010-08-15, 05:11 AM
Hey, uh, fine, how are you? :smallbiggrin:

Trodon
2010-08-15, 11:18 AM
Sorry everyone, I couldn't get to my computer yesterday or very much the day before that.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-16, 06:00 AM
It's okay--my weekend was pretty slammed between a wedding and entertaining company. I may have mentioned before, but I usually have busy weekends, and most of my posts come now, on weekday mornings. I also post at work, but I've been lending a hand to an ongoing project which has recently cut down on my free time during the day.

A new post is underway and will be up shortly.

Keld Denar
2010-08-18, 12:36 PM
So...who do we support? Law? Or Chaos? The Vorlons? Or the Shadows?

Dun dun dundundun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!

OMG PONIES
2010-08-18, 12:41 PM
By the way, if you would rather have a more straightforward "Here's the bad guy, kill him and win" story, please let me know. I much prefer the complexity of moral ambiguity, but I'm ultimately to help the group tell a fun story.

Keld Denar
2010-08-18, 12:56 PM
The slight problem with moral ambiguities is that its much harder to argue the finer points on a message board than it is sitting around a gaming table. Such discussions usually devolve into 2 people arguing their points, and everyone else waiting around until they resolve.

That said, bring on the moral ambiguities! The gauntlet has been thrown!

OMG PONIES
2010-08-18, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that in other games. However, it seemed from the start like I was blessed this time around with a cast of mature gamers, so I figured we'd give it a crack.

Noctemwolf
2010-08-18, 01:30 PM
This is certainly an interesting predicament we find ourselves in.
I wonder how everyone will react...
I'm still trying to figure out how Dike is going to handle this =P

Private-Prinny
2010-08-18, 06:37 PM
For all of the posts in Celestial, is there some sort of cipher that you use, or are you just making it up as you go along?

OMG PONIES
2010-08-19, 05:41 AM
http://www.tilansia.com/langconvert.php

Provided by our very own Trodon.

Trodon
2010-08-20, 10:19 AM
http://www.tilansia.com/langconvert.php

Provided by our very own Trodon.

:smallbiggrin: It was just a quick google search...

Keld Denar
2010-08-20, 11:59 AM
Gah, I feel conflicted. St. Cuthbert is extremely lawful, but he's also extremely anti-corruption. If the Braids really are a "corrupt" entity, he should work to root it out.

ERROR! DOES NOT COMPUTE!!! INSERT CUCUMBER AND REBOOT UNIVERSE!

OMG PONIES
2010-08-20, 12:09 PM
But are they?

Trodon
2010-08-20, 06:25 PM
Quick question, is Nixeu the only one who speaks Celestial/Draconic in this party?

Private-Prinny
2010-08-20, 06:36 PM
Quick question, is Nixeu the only one who speaks Celestial/Draconic in this party?

Celestial yes, Draconic no. I speak Draconic, at the very least.

Trodon
2010-08-20, 07:22 PM
Sweet. :smallbiggrin:Cue secret conversations.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-24, 02:06 PM
In case you've been chilling in the IC thread, let me apologize for the delay. Iron Chef + real life = less time to post. Also, everyone is free to make Sense Motive checks against Aaron, since nobody has yet.

I usually won't prompt you for these, but leave it to you to determine when you think you're being lied to. I find it kills any sense of tension or drama to go:

"Statement." Roll a Sense Motive check.

If your character is trusting, play it as such. If they are suspicious, play it as such.

Keld Denar
2010-08-24, 04:37 PM
Again...to quote from Babylon 5: "There are three sides to every arguement. My side, your side, and the truth." - Commander Koth of the Vorlons.

NEED MOAR INFORMATION!!!!

I'll roll a sense motive when I get home from work and can look up what my modifier is...

Keld Denar
2010-08-25, 02:06 AM
Take that! Rawr!

[roll0]

OMG PONIES
2010-08-25, 05:46 AM
A summary of the story so far, to clear up any confusion caused by the talky talky:

You were called upon by an angel named Ana to get more information about a group called the Hands of Fate, whom she feared was a new iteration of an old group that attempted to slay the gods. When you went to the meeting, you met another angel who told you that Ana had deceived you--not only was their organization not evil, but Ana was the ringmaster of the truly evil group...at least, according to him.

Ana says that the Hands of Fate are threatening religions/the religious.
Aaron says that the Hands of Fate are protecting free will, and that Ana's group, the Braid of Faith, is trying to destroy free will.

Keld Denar
2010-08-25, 08:42 AM
Knowledge Religion check
[roll0]

Critical
2010-08-25, 01:41 PM
A summary of the story so far, to clear up any confusion caused by the talky talky:

You were called upon by an angel named Ana to get more information about a group called the Hands of Fate, whom she feared was a new iteration of an old group that attempted to slay the gods. When you went to the meeting, you met another angel who told you that Ana had deceived you--not only was their organization not evil, but Ana was the ringmaster of the truly evil group...at least, according to him.

Ana says that the Hands of Fate are threatening religions/the religious.
Aaron says that the Hands of Fate are protecting free will, and that Ana's group, the Braid of Faith, is trying to destroy free will.
Gotcha, what I just got confused on whatevere that "Braid" was. :smalltongue:

OMG PONIES
2010-08-25, 01:53 PM
"The Braid of Faith" is, according to Aaron, the name of the group led by Ana.

Critical
2010-08-25, 02:37 PM
"The Braid of Faith" is, according to Aaron, the name of the group led by Ana.
Yeah, I got that, just clarified what I was exactly confused on.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-25, 02:57 PM
Haha, ah. Gotcha.

Keld Denar
2010-08-29, 12:12 AM
So, now that it appears that OMG PONIES is gonna with the Iron Optimization challenge, can we get this show on the road?

Whats our plan? I think we need to go back and confront Ana...alone. Get some answers out of her. Violently, if needed :)

OMG PONIES
2010-08-29, 06:27 AM
Haha, show on the road. Sorry, I know I usually sag in posting while an ICO's going on. I just wanted to leave the new information to be discussed by the party.

OMG PONIES
2010-09-03, 03:03 PM
IC updated to get you back into town. Sorry for the delay, hope everyone's still around and interested. PMs sent to everyone just to be sure. I think Douglas is out--I sent him a PM a while back when I noticed his character was being relatively tacit, but got no response. If anybody has a GitP friend looking for a spot in a PbP, have them PM me.

Keld Denar
2010-09-03, 03:55 PM
Grrr, smoking is bad for ya kid...

[roll0]

OMG PONIES
2010-09-10, 06:33 AM
Just a quick check to see who's still around, as posting seems to have slowed to a crawl.

Keld Denar
2010-09-10, 09:12 AM
I'm here...

Critical
2010-09-10, 09:13 AM
Here, too.

Private-Prinny
2010-09-10, 04:12 PM
I'm here too, I just have less time to be online.

Noctemwolf
2010-09-10, 05:37 PM
Watching and waiting
=)

OMG PONIES
2010-09-10, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry, but what are you waiting for? The street urchin just asked the group a question.

Noctemwolf
2010-09-10, 05:55 PM
the others to talk as well. That what it is. sorry if I wasn't clear :smalleek:

Keld Denar
2010-09-10, 09:48 PM
The results of my sense motive check. You made me paranoid, so now I'm gonna sense motive EVERYONE. Yes, even you.

OMG PONIES
2010-09-10, 10:05 PM
Sorry, I missed it, here in the ooc. He's on the level, looking for some smoke and maybe a few coins.

Keld Denar
2010-09-10, 10:33 PM
Kinda like that homeless guy was looking for "gas money" today when I was filling up? Yea...fat chance. He's just gonna spend the smoke money on drugs or booze...oh wait.

Trodon
2010-09-13, 07:03 PM
Hey everyone, sorry for not being able to post I didn't get internet on the 30th like they said we would and just got it about 20 minutes ago, am I still in or did you find a replacement? I'm fine with ether way, sorry again.

Noctemwolf
2010-09-13, 07:16 PM
No worries, things aren't really moving much. =_0

OMG PONIES
2010-09-13, 07:19 PM
You're definitely still in. Sorry for the recent pacing problems--I now have more time at work and hope to maintain a proper pace.

Trodon
2010-09-13, 07:22 PM
Alright, once I finish posting in my other OOC's I'll read and post the IC.

OMG PONIES
2010-09-13, 07:31 PM
The basics of what you missed: the whole party doesn't trust Aaron. He's giving you a day to talk it over, after which he'll be waiting. You're back in town, and a street urchin is trying to sell you the name of a good inn.

Trodon
2010-09-13, 07:54 PM
Ah well, interesting.

Keld Denar
2010-09-14, 01:06 PM
Well, at least we know where the White Dolphin is to meet Aaron tomorrow...lol!

OMG PONIES
2010-09-14, 01:32 PM
Less joking, more Iron Chef judging! :smalltongue:

OMG PONIES
2010-09-16, 06:57 AM
Okay, though I haven't heard from everyone, I'll assume their consent, and we'll move on. Expect a post by 1:30 PM Eastern time (US) today. For reference, that's about 5.5 hours from the time I'm posting this.

Keld Denar
2010-09-16, 01:24 PM
Yea...I dunno if I feel so comfortable talking smack about Aaron (or his sister) in a bar where we are supposed to meet him in ~24 hours. Its too close to home, IMO. He might have ears listening.

Man, I shoulda played a Church Inquisitor with as paranoid as this guy is getting...

OMG PONIES
2010-09-16, 01:37 PM
I was just trying to set up the fact that the White Dolphin is a luxury hotel. The rooms are secure, lead-lined, and protected from divination etc. so you can feel free to meet to your heart's content.

Also, judge some ICO entries?

Keld Denar
2010-09-16, 03:02 PM
I worked 20 hours yesterday, 18 on my feet. I was so tired I left my keys in the front door. I'm going through them when I have a little free time off my feet, but all I've been doing the past 4 days since Sunday is work and sleep.

OMG PONIES
2010-09-16, 03:52 PM
20 hours? 20? 2? 0? :smalleek:

Listen, just get your rest and don't collapse upon yourself. I'll stop complaining.

OMG PONIES
2010-09-17, 02:46 PM
Does anybody want to discuss anything at the Dolphin? If not, we can either:

Fast-forward to sunrise.
Find you another hotel, if you're really that paranoid about talking freely here.

Noctemwolf
2010-09-17, 02:57 PM
No worries, I just haven;t time to post right now. Will get to it soon.

Trodon
2010-09-18, 10:50 AM
I'm ready to fast forward to tomorrow.

Noctemwolf
2010-09-18, 10:56 AM
What, no discussion? I'm not that scary a person! I think... (Looks in mirror) never mind... :smallcool:

Trodon
2010-09-18, 01:10 PM
What, no discussion? I'm not that scary a person! I think... (Looks in mirror) never mind... :smallcool:

Hahahaha, it has nothing to do with you. :smalltongue: It's just that Nixeu has already made up his mind, what with the pledging himself to Aaron's cause and stuff.

Critical
2010-09-18, 06:29 PM
And Predator is a silent dude. :smalltongue:

Keld Denar
2010-09-22, 09:22 PM
There, I finished your stupid judging. I actually couldn't pick out which build was yours, but I'm guessing you were either Jakob, Wruk, or Jack. Anyway, good luck on the competition.

PS, update!

OMG PONIES
2010-09-22, 09:34 PM
Will do, within 24 hours. Glad to have you back in the world of the timewasters! One of the entries you guessed is one of mine, but I have another you didn't guess...

Keld Denar
2010-09-23, 10:47 PM
Wait...I'm a cleric. You think I'm gonna buff anyone but myself? You sir, are SORELY mistaken! :smallcool:

OMG PONIES
2010-09-28, 05:53 AM
Just waiting on initiative from critical. If he doesn't post w/in 24 hours, we'll assume he acts last.

Critical
2010-09-28, 03:00 PM
Last? You could roll it for me, or something... [roll0]

OMG PONIES
2010-09-28, 03:03 PM
Okay, that will be standard practice from now on...i will auto-roll. It makes sense, but I've had people freak out when I've tried to roll for them before. Initiative order and map to be posted momentarily.

Keld Denar
2010-09-28, 03:44 PM
Saph's PbP group initiative rules. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110323)

Use em.

OMG PONIES
2010-09-28, 03:49 PM
Wow, I really like that system. Simple and easy. Will adapt the IC post to use it. From now on, I'll just roll group initiative, then list the order in terms of "before monsters" or "after monsters." If your action is contingent upon another, you can always ready actions, or just wait until after them to post.

Keld Denar
2010-09-28, 03:53 PM
Since we are all before the demons, it looks like, can we just post in any given order? Also...can someone take a quick look at my sheet and tell me what my Know: Planes total is, I can't remember if I have any ranks in it and I won't be able to check and post until late tonight.

Cause while GitP works from work, Myth-Weavers is blocked by Baracuda...

OMG PONIES
2010-09-28, 03:57 PM
Yes, the party is free to post in any order. Sadly, Myth-Weavers is blocked by my workplace as well. I'm converting all the sheets to PDF and FTPing them to my iPod sometime soon.

Noctemwolf
2010-09-28, 07:22 PM
Forgot to roll my knowledge religion check.
[roll0]
not bad.

Keld Denar
2010-09-28, 07:34 PM
If they are really demons, it should be Knowledge: Planes, not Knowledge: Religion. Religion is for undeaders. Should we actually need to roll religion:

[roll0]

OMG PONIES
2010-09-28, 07:52 PM
Aw geez, yeah. Knowledge: planes, please. Mea culpa.

Keld Denar
2010-09-28, 07:59 PM
Yea...just ignore my post. Ain't got no Planes...

Critical
2010-09-29, 06:15 AM
I can't believe I didn't get armor spikes on Predator's full plate... can I get them and just pretend they were there(50350 gold anyway)?

OMG PONIES
2010-09-29, 07:05 AM
Sorry, if you don't have them, you don't have them. Predator's doing just fine as it is, though. After this fight, you can go into town to get some added on...assuming you survive, that is.

Private-Prinny
2010-09-29, 02:27 PM
First thing's first: a Knowledge (The Planes) check for my Knowledge Devotion.

[roll0]

We can also use that to see if I have any idea what these guys are.

Edit: Hmm... not great, but that's a +2, right?

Keld Denar
2010-09-29, 04:08 PM
Prinny, I gotta ask...how do you get this: Damage Roll (Weapon): (2d4+10)[15]

I mean, you have a 16 Str, which is a +3 bonus, and gives +4 damage. Then you have KnowDev which gives +2 damage. Thats +6 damage right there. I assume the weapon is a +1, which gives +7 total. Then you Power Attack for 5. Its a 2handed weapon. Thats +10 damage alone, for a total of +17 before dice.

So....yea, did you short change yourself?

OMG PONIES
2010-09-29, 04:15 PM
Your knowledge check reveals that the larger demons is a babau, assassins of the demon world with a handful of nasty tricks including darkness. Additionally, you recognize the smaller ones as dretches, disgusting grunts that can nauseate those around them with a stinking cloud.

OMG PONIES
2010-09-29, 05:01 PM
Posting here for easy reference:

{table=head]Player|character|Class|Sheet
Trodon|Nixeu|Sorcerer|Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=226421)
Noctemwolf|Dillan "Dike" Keran|Monk|Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=226287)
Private-Prinny|Aramis|Duskblade|Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=226299)
Critical|Predator|Psychic Warrior|Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=226427)
Keld Denar|Shosden Wavery|Cleric|Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=228099)
[/table]

Keld Denar
2010-09-29, 07:38 PM
Save....

[roll0]

Private-Prinny
2010-09-29, 08:18 PM
So....yea, did you short change yourself?

*facepalm* I completely forgot about 2-handed weapon bonuses.:smallsigh:

Noctemwolf
2010-09-29, 08:21 PM
Fortitude save:
[roll0] +5 [6]

... well. that sucks.

Noctemwolf
2010-09-29, 08:35 PM
Well, I;ve been looking through character options, and looking at our group. I've noted we have no rogue in the group, meaning traps might be a tad dangerous. I Wonder: You guys think I should take levels in rogue? I have a plan decided on for leveling right now:
I'm going to take a level in rogue next level, making me a monk 5/ rogue 1. I'm going to take Great Fortitude as my feat. If I can get the chance, I'm going to class into Druken master at (hope) Level 7, to be a monk 5/ rogue 1/ Druken master 1. And then, at level 9, take the asctetic rogue feat so I can continue classing my monk, and making my rogue and monk levels stack for unarmed damage. Besides, sneak attack damage never hurt anyone =)

Private-Prinny
2010-09-29, 08:44 PM
Fortitude save:
[roll0] +5 [6]

... well. that sucks.

Um... we killed both of the Dretches before they could act. That Stinking Cloud bit was just exposition. No save is necessary.

OMG PONIES
2010-09-29, 09:04 PM
Um... we killed both of the Dretches before they could act. That Stinking Cloud bit was just exposition. No save is necessary.

No save is necessary for the cloud, but Shosden and Dike were both hit with the quasits' poisoned claws, which do require a Fortitude save. Shosden makes it, but Dike takes a little sprinkle of DEX damage.

Also, Keld, please roll for Shosden's 20% miss chance due to the darkness. If you don't get around to it by the monsters' initiative, I'll just make the roll for you.

Keld Denar
2010-09-29, 09:54 PM
[roll0] 1-20 misses

FML

OMG PONIES
2010-09-29, 09:55 PM
Them's the breaks. :smallfrown:

Private-Prinny
2010-09-29, 10:22 PM
[roll0]

Testing to see if we can just use a theoretical d5 from now on.

Edit: Apparently the answer is yes. A roll of 1 would fail.

OMG PONIES
2010-09-30, 07:41 AM
Critical, please use another swift action (and PP) to manifest Psionic Lion's Charge.

Critical
2010-09-30, 08:51 AM
Critical, please use another swift action (and PP) to manifest Psionic Lion's Charge.
Um, wasn't the q3 demon, like, in the same space as Predator? :smallconfused:

OMG PONIES
2010-09-30, 11:37 AM
:smallredface: My fault. For some reason, I thought you were charging about again. I guess I should stop posting while waking up. Carry on.

Private-Prinny
2010-09-30, 05:22 PM
I massively screwed up the formatting on the IC post, so I'll redo it here so I don't look like a cheater.

Move to G9
Attack Demon 1, Power Attacking for 2

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage (if hit): [roll1]

OMG PONIES
2010-10-01, 12:59 PM
A few questions to clear up confusion:

Prinny: did you move to G5 (as per your IC post) or G9 (as per your OOC post)? G9 is not in range of demon 1, so I'll assume G5 unless you tell me otherwise.
Prinny, you forgot your miss chance from the darkness. I'll just roll it for you in my IC post, if that's okay.
Trodon: by "the same demon," did you mean the one Prinny was targetting?

OMG PONIES
2010-10-01, 02:00 PM
Sorry for the double post. New IC post is up, and the map has been updated. It is now the group's initiative.

Does anyone know how I can convert an Excel spreadsheet into an image, so I could then have that image shown as the map? It's much better-looking, not to mention easier to manage. I have everything sitting in a spreadsheet, and I'd love for you to be able to see that instead of an ugly table with letters everywhere.

Also, I made all the monster rolls in the Dice Roller Test Thread--you can find white text links at the bottom of my IC post. If nobody minds, I'll do it like this from now on--stops my IC posts from getting [any more] cluttered. And Prinny, I rolled your miss chance. You still hit. :smallmad:

Critical
2010-10-01, 02:13 PM
Sorry for the double post. New IC post is up, and the map has been updated. It is now the group's initiative.

Does anyone know how I can convert an Excel spreadsheet into an image, so I could then have that image shown as the map? It's much better-looking, not to mention easier to manage. I have everything sitting in a spreadsheet, and I'd love for you to be able to see that instead of an ugly table with letters everywhere.
Do a google spreadsheet, it's even more comfortable to use! :smallsmile:

Ow, and in which direction is the door to the outside?

OMG PONIES
2010-10-01, 02:22 PM
Door to the outside is on the right of the map, falling on the edge of J5-J6.

And I do like Google Docs but, alas, 'tis blocked at my workplace.

Keld Denar
2010-10-01, 02:58 PM
The easiest way is just to hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard, open MS Paint, Ctr + V to paste the graphic, and then crop to taste. Save as a .jpg or .bmp, upload to photobucket, and insert with [IMG] tags in a spoiler.

Keld Denar
2010-10-01, 03:05 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

OMG PONIES
2010-10-01, 03:22 PM
http://www.imgplace.com/img153/5075/29map.th.png (http://www.imgplace.com/viewimg153/5075/29map.png)

Tell me if everyone can see this image. Apparently, my workplace blocks most image hosting sites and, once I even found one, the image itself is still blocked. I'll check when I get home to see if it worked, but I appreciate immediate feedback as well.

Keld Denar
2010-10-01, 05:00 PM
I can see it ok. Its kinda small, but it is a link which, when clicked on, brings up a much larger map. Much more preferable to the GitP table or that other program we were using at the start.

Noctemwolf
2010-10-01, 09:44 PM
unfortuantely, parental locks will not allow me to see said image... I'm sorry.

Noctemwolf
2010-10-02, 10:31 AM
Here's a move silently check, I suppose. No need to hide- I'm already invisible.

[roll0]

OMG PONIES
2010-10-05, 02:28 PM
For the time being, we will use the in-thread table. If everyone would rather, I can maintain a Google spreadsheet, but may not be able to update it as quickly. It is still the party's initiative, as we are waiting for Aramis, Nixeu, and Predator. Keld, does Saph's group have protocol for how long to wait before moving on?

Keld Denar
2010-10-05, 03:26 PM
Nope. Thats something that is generally preestablished by the DM. If a player doesn't post, they either do nothing, or the DM takes an action for the player. If the player doesn't post for a while, however long you feel is appropriate, drop em and get another? You're the DM, though, its your call.

OMG PONIES
2010-10-07, 02:16 PM
Trodon, if nothing is posted within 24 hours I'll assume Nixeu moves to leave the inn with the rest of the party, and it will be back to the demons' initiative.

I'll send a PM as well--I just want to keep the pace going.

If everyone's okay with it, I think I'll use the following as my guideline for moving things along:

Once a post is made, allow 48 hours for the next post.
If 48 hours passes with no post, the missing player(s) will be alerted via OOC post and PM with a 24 hour warning.
If no post is made within that time, assume any missing players consent with the current decision/tactics of the party and NPC their action to that end. If the party's all deciding where to travel, they will decide with the current majority. If the party's all attacking, they'll be NPCed to attack. If the party's ducking out of a burning building, they'll do the same.

Hopefully this sounds fair and reasonable, and I think 72 hours is a sufficient timeframe. Thoughts?

Keld Denar
2010-10-07, 02:26 PM
Well, I kinda put myself in a precarious position. I moved up to assist others, and they all ran away to leave my ass swingin in the wind. Joy oh joy oh joy...

OMG PONIES
2010-10-07, 02:36 PM
Well, I kinda put myself in a precarious position. I moved up to assist others, and they all ran away to leave my ass swingin in the wind. Joy oh joy oh joy...

That's the spirit of teamwork! Say, how's the Iron Chef judging going? This time it's more mild curiosity than impatience.

OMG PONIES
2010-10-08, 06:05 AM
Unfortunately, Trodon has informed me that he must leave the game due to computer problems. Would anyone be willing to play him for the time being? Also, are there any players you know who would be interested in playing an arcanist? I'd let them take over Nixeu or create their own.

If all else fails, I'll go recruiting.

OMG PONIES
2010-10-11, 10:12 AM
I've started recruiting and already have some interest, so I wanted to involve the group. Who do you think would mesh best with the current party out of:

Blaster-type Elven Battle Sorcerer
Someone interested in running Nixeu as-is
Control/buff sorcerer
Knowledge-focused druid
Universalist gnome wizard with outdated social customs

Also, unless there is any gross dissent, I'll be skipping Nixeu and posting the monsters' turn within 24 hours.

Noctemwolf
2010-10-11, 11:23 AM
Well, someone running Nixeu as is might be nice. But, a new person would always be fine with me too. the small tension built between Nixeu and the other's would go away, though...

(Note I say tension because his was the only character to give in to Aaron)

I would probably say one of the sorcerers. Control buff sorcerer? always a maybe. Blaster Sorcerer? Well, we'll have some more burning buildings in our future =P

Private-Prinny
2010-10-11, 04:19 PM
Between Dike, Predator, and myself, a buffing sorcerer would be nice.

Keld Denar
2010-10-11, 04:41 PM
And me! WTB Haste bitte!

OMG PONIES
2010-10-18, 10:40 AM
I apologize for the lack of activity in recent days. This game is still active, and I am recruiting two replacement players for Nixeu and Douglas.

Noctemwolf
2010-10-23, 05:46 PM
Fortitude Check: [roll0] +5 (7)
Will Check: [roll1] +7 (12)

:smalleek:** I'm going to be So Slow After this fight...

Noctemwolf
2010-10-24, 04:12 PM
Sorry for the double post, But I need to clarify something. Should not the daemon have not been able to attack me since I was invisible?

OMG PONIES
2010-10-29, 09:22 AM
Sorry, forgot you had popped invisibility. Ignore that attack.

Is anyone but Dike acting this round? In other news, I think the game may be more combat-light from now on, since it seems to drag down PbP games.