PDA

View Full Version : AotUM: Rise and Shine! The Maid's Moon!

Callos_DeTerran
2010-07-28, 02:49 PM
Music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQMpRWuT6hk)

"Here they come!" The shout comes from a grizzled old man, the veteran of hundreds of battles, as he stands atop the town wall, hands planted resolutely on the granite as he surveys the dark wood ahead. Already large monstrous shapes stir in those fell shadows, a rising tide of darkness ready to wash over the moonlight lite town of Mopsberg. Brave men and women were arrayed in lines with shining spear tips against the coming horde, anxiously waiting for that glorious moment of battle.

And looming over it all, casting it's evil silhouette over the moon is the dreaded sight of the Redstone Caverns, an ill omen on any day but it had brought these monsters that camp in it's wake to feed off the scraps of the Dynhat. The floating dungeon no longer moved but a great beam of pearly light had shown down from it's bottom to illuminate the forest...almost six miles away

A hunting horn blows and the ground trembles as the tusked greenskins charge recklessly out of cover, fur boots slamming against the ground as they rush the stone fortifications. Primitive spears are lobbed into the air, clattering harmlessly against stone as the defenders take cover, waiting for the deluge to end before returning fire.

"Volley!" With a loud mass twang a cloud of black-feathered arrows were launched at the brutes, felling many mid-stride while others ram into the walls with a thunderous crash to begin to scale up the rough surface.

"Give them no ground! Drive them all back! FOR MOPSBERG!"

"FOR DA NIGHTFENG!" comes the brutish cry from the orcs.
--------------------

Six miles away...

The Redstone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VxTUourLec) Caverns hovers ominously high above the ground, the light it casts illuminating the rock 'elevator' ready to take up the next batch. It also illuminates an armed group of goblin-like creatures.

...And the four maids waiting with their luggage.

The armed little beasts are only about the size of a small child but have pallid yellow skin and large, floppy, and pointed ears that usually jangle with earrings. Their mouths are full of hooked teeth and they carry tribal-like fetishes of past victories. They swagger with all the confidence of veteran combatants, talking in their clicking and snapping tongue, the occasional brawl erupting between two. They avoid the pillar of light though, for they were not meant to take the elevator up. That was a job for those visiting the Caverns above. These where the Doormen.

And in the middle of their rough camp and with their belongings being moved to the rock slab, are the four new maids hired by the Lady Dynhat. And their new Master had come down as well! The Lady Dynhat was a beautiful woman, though many would be put off by the sight of her pearly fangs. Pale as ivory with curly crimson ringlets bouncing about half-way down her back, she has aristocratic features rarely seen these days and a cool smile as she observes these new employees of hers. A strapless evening gown of green velvet hugs a womanly but sleek figure while blood-red eyes appraise each maid in turn. She's a woman who commands the room around her just be being in it and the vicious Doormen are almost like timid puppies whenever she offers them a suggestion.

"Alright girls, let's hurry up now. I want you all settled and rested for the coming day and your auditions. Don't want to see someone dismissed because they didn't get enough sleep!" the vampiress calls out in a bubbly tone, clapping her hands to get everyone's attention for the announcement. It came at a good time too because the Doormen finished the loading, the 'elevator' beginning to rise back up into the sky a couple moments later. It's flight is remarkably stable and the platform doesn't look like it's crumbling either. A new model flying dungeon maybe? In either case, there's a couple moments now for the maids to relax and get to know each other's names before the hustle and bustle of moving in became a problem.

Off in the distance is a small column of smoke. Probably a campfire.

nothingclever
2010-07-28, 04:05 PM
Adelaide nervously checked out the inhabitants of the elevator by snatching quick secretively glances at them when she thought they weren't looking. Servoi and Ciel intimidated her with their enviable figures and exotic appearances. Seeing how grossly outclassed she was by them she gradually inched her way over to Amelia's side as subtly as she could and waited for their ride to come to a stop.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-28, 04:50 PM
Senoi steps out from behind Lady Dynhat and curtsies, smiling softly. Good evening, I'm Senoi. I've been here a little longer than you, being as I was umm... locally recruited, but since I've never worked as a maid professionally before, I hope you'll all give me a hand.

Her uniform is a mild purple with a sleek silver outlining. She has her demon parts out in full view, her clothing having been cut to allow her wings and tail to breathe freely.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-28, 05:07 PM
Amelia

Amelia shifts slightly as the small vampire moves closer. She would also be slightly offended by her body not being considered "enviable," but that is neither here nor there. As Adelaide moves closer she fidgets with the collar of her sweater, which had been feeling a bit scratchy on her neck for a while.

She nervously begins to speak. "Ah- Hello everyone. I am Amelia. It is a pleasure to meet you all." An armored clank could be heard as she curtsies.

PhoeKun
2010-07-28, 05:13 PM
Ciel smiles brightly at the other maids in the elevator, her eyes shimmering playfully even as they shift through most of the possible spectra of eye colorations (and one or two of the impossible ones). So exciting, for her first work assignment to be on a floating rock... castle... thingy. She coughs a bit.

She turns her eyes over each coworker in turn, taking in their features. Some a little more nervous than others, some a little more... demony. Oh well! She returns Senoi's curtsy, then pauses a moment to smooth the wrinkles out of her deep purple uniform.

"Hello! My name is Ciel. It's a pleasure to meet you all--" she's interrupted by another coughing fit, this one a little worse than the last. She produces a small cloth from out of nowhere and wipes a small trickle of something from her lips. "Excuse me!" her cheeks flush a little bit in embarrassment. She runs a hand through her steel-colored pony tail to make sure everything is still straight. It is, the hair responding to the touch by swaying like liquid metal.

nothingclever
2010-07-28, 06:08 PM
Adelaide moved closer still until she was right next to Amelia. She then spoke with even greater timidity in a tiny voice while staring at the floor, "I... I'm Adelaide." She peered up at Amelia for a moment before abruptly turning away.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-07-28, 06:21 PM
"Now now Senoi, there's no need to be modest. Tanith and you have both been doing an fine job so far, there's just too much work for just two maids." the Lady Dynhat says comfortingly, giving the full-figured succubus a pat on the shoulder with a kind smile on her face. She steps away from you all, giving a shallow courstey before introducing herself in a grand tone of voice, "And as you all know, I am Toku Dynhat, the Master the Redstone Caverns and your employer. You'll find..."

She pauses as Ciel has a coughing fit, looking over at the pale girl for a long couple of moments to ensure that she was done.

"...As I was saying, you'll find many rooms that you can choose to live in. They are, unfortunately, bare at the moment but I'm certain that the Caverns will give you all the proper necessities once you've settled in." The rock lift stalls for a moment, shuddering briefly and pausing long enough for those unused to it to look around in confusion or worry. Then it jolts to a start once more, circling around the side of the rock to reveal a large and well-tended garden. Where a pond might be is instead a large hole in the ground that the lift settles into with a small thud.

A marble arch-way frames a set of marble stairs with red carpeting leading down into the caverns themselves.

"In any case..please show them inside Senoi and help them look around. I'm going to retire for the night." Toku says with a long sigh, flipping her scarlet hair over one shoulder before sinking down into the ground and caverns below.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-28, 06:34 PM
Oh Mistress, you're too kind! She gives Lady Dynhat a look of adoration, which quickly evolves into worry as the vampire vanishes.

And you're... going. Leaving me all alone. That's alright! Just need to trust my instinct...

Instinct... instinct... her gaze settles on Adelaide and she glides over. Ahh! A shy one. We can't have any of that. It would be a lot of trouble for us to live together if we stayed strangers. Nonchalantly, she grabs Adelaide's breast and gives it a squeeze.

My instincts suck...

AmberVael
2010-07-28, 06:36 PM
"Oh hey, newcomers."

The voice comes from the doorway to the next room, where Tanith can be seen walking towards the group.

Tanith's lips are peeled wide in a sharp toothed smile. The red eyes, sharp teeth powerful form, and jagged, crazed spiral tattoo across her bared right arm are all clues to her identity: Tanith. A vampire cursed by the heavens, a demon cast out from the underworld, a monster birthed from magic and hate: her story whispers that she is all of these and more. Her legend might even rival Toku's...

So what on earth is she doing here? And... is that a feather duster in her hand?

"If you're done feeling them up, Senoi, I'm supposed to give them a tour."

nothingclever
2010-07-28, 07:13 PM
Adelaide was too shocked to respond with anything other than a gasp. She immediately hopped backwards and hid behind Amelia.

PhoeKun
2010-07-28, 07:18 PM
"Uh... questions!"

Ciel's hand shoots straight up, as though she were in a classroom. Her attention shifts between the two senpai, trying to keep a eye on everything they said and did.

"Number one! Is that the proper form of greeting here?" She imitates Senoi's breast squeezing in pantomime to demonstrate what she means.

"Number two! Does the Mistress have a..." she hesitates, trying to figure out the proper word for it. She shrugs; might as well just come right out with it. "A 'monsters only' employment policy? Like, are you going to have to bite me at the end of Initiation? Does she do it herself? What's it like? Does it hurt?"

The deluge of inane little questions continues until another sudden coughing fit finally forces her to pause for breath. Rather than continue, she beams rainbow smiles at her senior coworkers, curiosity plainly evident on her face.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-28, 07:37 PM
Senoi spins around and puts her hands behind her back. Oh? Sorry it's just... succubus. Can't control myself. She sidles toward Ciel. And I can't speak for the mistress, but I'll only bite you if you want me to.

She pauses and then sighs. See what I mean?

AmberVael
2010-07-28, 07:38 PM
"No no therefore no and no beats me and hell yes."
Tanith replies to Ciel, without even pausing between her answers or giving clarification.
"Enough questions, onto the important things."

Shifting position a bit, she gestures around herself.
"These are the Redstone Caverns. Don't touch anything that looks like a gem on the wall with your bare skin- you'll be paralyzed for a week. Watch out for the gremlins, they look just like the goblins, but will try and eat you, and they're pretty good at it. Don't enter any cave that looks wet- it might be a giant cave lizard, which will swallow you and run off, and I won't be coming after you. If dust attacks you when you try and clean it off, that's normal. Don't stand under a stalagmite- they're traps and will fall on you and kill you. Oh, and there are currently blood sucking moths in the linen room. Any questions no good."
Her last sentence isn't a question, but rather a run together sentence that implies 'I'm not answering anything you ask, so you better have been listening.'

"Now, lets see if we can find you some rooms and give you a tour."
With that, Tanith begins walking through to the next room, expecting everyone else to follow her.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-28, 08:03 PM
Amelia

Amelia blinks and almost audibly gulps as Tanith gives the big list of dangers. She subconsciously puts one of her arms behind her for Adelaide to hold, not really focusing.

Amelia has little experience with supernatural creatures so far... But apparently they range from adorable to intimidating to perverted. Why do I feel like the odd one out? She asks herself, shaking her head slightly as she prepares to follow Tanith for the tour.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-28, 08:47 PM
Senoi

Senoi glances back at the others as they walk along. Don't worry if you have any questions, I'll explain everything when we're done. And if you get attacked by monsters, I don't mind rescuing you. She smiles apologetically.

nothingclever
2010-07-28, 09:24 PM
Adelaide gladly accepted the offered hand and held it firmly as she followed along with her to wherever they were led while continuing to conceal herself. As she walked she examined the halls by peeking out from behind her human shield. The little vampire wished Tanith hadn't mentioned all those frightening things. Seeing the nasty goblins outside and being groped within a few minutes after entering was bad enough. At the same time she was thankful that she now had an idea of what look out for. She was also happy to find that Amelia didn't seem to mind being her impromptu bodyguard.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-28, 09:44 PM
Amelia

While Amelia certainly does mind being used as a shield from all the creepies, crawlies, and nasties... Amelia is a bit too shy to say anything about it. She just calmly follows behind the more intimidating of the vampires present. She hopes that the tour will not take too long as she has things to unpack.

"Out of curiosity Miss... Senoi, was it? Are there any rooms that you know are safe for sure?" The "human shield" asks, sounding a tad worried.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-28, 09:54 PM
Senoi

Senoi lags a bit until she's walking beside Amelia. I check them over every day, so you should be alright. She leans over and whispers. To tell you the truth, the monsters tend to leave our Mistress alone. I'm not saying there's no danger, but I think Tanith is just trying to scare you.

nothingclever
2010-07-28, 10:09 PM
In response to the succubus walking next to Amelia, Adelaide took to the other side of her to keep her interposed directly between them. She would not let her assets, meager though they were by comparison, be assaulted so easily by the demon once more.

AmberVael
2010-07-28, 10:32 PM
Tanith confidently strides through the cave, though the others will definitely observe her keeping an eye on the ceiling, and avoiding the stalagmites. As confident and powerful as she is, apparently she isn't in the mood to have one dropped on her. The group twists through the caves until Tanith suddenly pauses and points out a beautiful round room just ahead, the centerpiece of which is a bowled table full of pearly water.

"That is the scrying chamber. It's available for anyone to use, and can see most anything you'd like to look at. Trying to scry on other people within the cave tends to give you horrible headaches though, so I would advise not doing that."

She swiftly turns to the left, and leads them a little further to a much larger and more open room, decorated with three life sized statues of women that are holding up the cavern roof, and an elaborate throne that can be seen on one side.
"This is Toku's throne room. I don't think much more needs to be said, except that you probably don't want to end up being another column."

Her words are so matter of fact that they're rather hard to disregard, but before they can be thought about too much, she sweeps off and down the hall to the right, then turns to face the group, stretching out her arms to both sides.
"To my right are my chambers. If you need to find me, I'm in there. To the left are Toku's chambers, Senoi's chambers, and the hotsprings. This wing is generally safe, as long you aren't afraid of being groped by a succubus."

Tanith smirks at Senoi, then sweeps past the group, going back down through the throne room and pointing towards a door to her right that she didn't mention before.
"That way leads to the Secret Room. Don't go in there."
With that explanationless explanation, she continues down the hall.

This other side of the cavern is not quite as full- you can probably find rooms around this area without trouble, but if you go too far in-" she points further down and to her left- "then you'll start running into more monsters. That way is also where the linen and laundry chamber is, unfortunately, so I advise praying that you don't get laundry duty much."

She stops and puts her hands on her hips.
"And that's the cave. Got it?"
If they managed to keep up with her, they might be panting at this point- and there are plenty of areas and things she didn't even address, which they might have to discover later...
That said, she actually seem to have paused and be waiting for questions now.

PhoeKun
2010-07-28, 10:40 PM
Ciel follows along behind the group as the tour continues, frowning to herself all the while. Had she said something to offend? She couldn't tell... of course none of the things Tanith was mentioning seemed all that scary in and of themselves, but the way she focused on all the bad stuff was like she didn't like working here... or didn't want anyone else doing it. Maybe the 'monster' question was offensive after all.

She folds her arms over her chest and ponders this while she walks. The others, she had to figure, are just acting nervous. Understandable, so is she. But if she wanted to make friends, and she does, oh yes indeedy do, she'd have to help them deal with that sooner or later. But would that make it better or worse, to...?

Suddenly, Ciel is overcome with a very strange sense of isolation. She looks up from her reverie, and realizes she has stopped. No one else has; she can barely make out their retreating forms. But she hadn't even finished the tour! The floors echo with her footsteps as she sprints to catch back up.

"H-hey! Wait up!!"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-28, 10:43 PM
Senoi

Senoi's long tail takes a detour around Amelia and starts slithering up Adelaide's leg. Look, she says holding up her empty palms with a cheeky look on her face. No hands.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-07-28, 11:02 PM
Isolation for Ciel indeed, the others seemed to have quite readily moved on without her for a good ways, leaving her briefly alone in the still unfamiliar halls of the Redstone Caverns. Oh those golden halls were well lighted and the carpet was soft (if in desperate need of cleaning), but it was how lonely. And all the stories of adventurers dying in these halls. And Tanith's warnings. And...

...GREAT SPIRITS, WAS THAT A STALAGMITE?!

"OSSU!" the deep-voiced declaration comes from behind, as something grips the back of Ciel's skirt and flips it up into the air. A wrinkled raisin-like face peers closely at what was hidden beneath, rubbing jaundiced fingers to a pointed chin.

"Eh?! Chikan! What kind of maid wears blue horizontal stripes!?" As the skirt settled back down, Ciel would have time to turn and observe another of those goblin-like creatures but with a long gray beard tied into two braids thrown over his shoulders. He had emerged from a trapdoor hidden in the floor, leading down to a dark tunnel below. "I guess I can 'et it slide though. After all, tis only yer first day on the job and you are such a well-formed youngster! Kekekekeke!"

The old creature laboriously hauls himself up out of the hole, pointedly closing the trap-door behind him and presses the kinks out of his back with both hands.

"Ya get cut off from the others, eh? Usually you all get warned not to get singled out on the first day! Yer just lucky I ain't one of those lecherous goblins that'd steal what I just saw cause it's inappropriate clothing!" he nods sagely, knees wavering back and forth as beady little eyes look up at Ciel, almost as if he was trying to look through her clothes. "Are ye lost?"

PhoeKun
2010-07-28, 11:32 PM
"Yeeeek!" comes the shrill and very surprised cry from... wherever the heck Ciel was. She leaps a good seven feet back, eying the little creature warily and pulling her skirt back down, her face reddened profusely.

For a brief moment, the cavern got a little bit hotter. If he had bothered to look, the creature would see her eyes had stopped showing any colors except various shades of red. But he did not see, and only continued talking. And as he did so, Ciel became progressively more mortified. By the end, her hands were clasped over her mouth in horror.

"Th-there's a dress code for that here!? But... but nobody told me that! I didn't knoo-o-o-o-w!" she cries out in self defense.

"Yes, I'm lost! I'm very very lost and oh so very confused and I don't know what's going on and... and..." she fidgets nervously, as if trying to cover herself from his gaze. "I need help." she sniffles.

nothingclever
2010-07-29, 12:04 AM
Adelaide flinched as the tail touched her and let go of Amelia's hand to step just outside of its range. She stared at Senoi with wide-eyed fright. She wondered why she was the one being targeted considering she had the least impressive form. She assumed her obvious shyness was the reason but that didn't mean she could magically avoid showing it all of a sudden.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-07-29, 12:05 AM
The 'kindly' old goblin gave a nod and a sigh, reaching out to pat Ciel on the arm in an understanding fashion.

"I know, I know. They don't teach you poor girls anything anymore before sending you out to be maids. In my day a maid had to pass thirty-two exams before being aloud out into the world. And those classes definitely covered proper dress code!" the misty-eyed old lecher wiped a tear from his eye in remembrance of the good old days, straightening up with a crack of his back. "I'm digerssin' though. I won't tell the Master 'bout this and I'll have the proper things sent where ever you decide to bunk down."

Watery eyes narrow as he happily grins, a flush coming to his cheeks. If only Ciel had could hear the thoughts going on in his 'wise' mind! It'd probably save her a great deal of trouble in the future.

"But I'm gonna be checkin' in the future to see if ye are following the dress code, understand?" he shifts gears, waggling a finger sternly at the distraught maid, "Oh! Don't tell the others either! There ain't any way to tell if they're good maids who know the dress code unless I check'em too. But if you tell them then it's no good! They'll have cheated and the Master deserves the best, right? Let'em find out the code by themselves." Finally he groans, bending over to lift up his trap door once more, "Listen, keep going to the right and you'll end up at the scrying chamber. You should be able to finger yer way from there."

And with that, the wizened 'Dress Inspector' disappeared back down his hole which Ciel hears lock loudly. By the time she was given a room, she'd find an entire weeks worth of 'proper' undergarments waiting for her. Where they had come from would likely remain a mystery.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-29, 12:25 AM
Senoi

Senoi backs off, getting an uncomfortable look. Then she raises a brow. Hey... weren't there three of you just a moment ago? Damnit!

Turning around she hurries away, retracing their steps so she can find Ciel.

PhoeKun
2010-07-29, 01:01 AM
Ciel stares at the trapdoor for a very long moment, eying it intently to make sure nothing else would pop out and surprise her. Not that the information hadn't been valuable; she certainly wouldn't want Lady Dynhat to find out about her transgressions so quickly and fire her, no no no. But still, she could have done without the fright. She straightens herself out before proceeding left. No! Right, just like she was told, swiveling her head around often to look for signs of... she's not sure what.

What she does find, and she does not so much find it as run headlong into it, is Senoi. Ciel stumbles backward from the impact, clutching her nose.

"Owies... oh! Miss Senoi!" Instantly, she turns six degrees more cheerful, a bright and eager-to-please smile returning where it belongs to her face.

"I, um... got lost. Did I miss the tour? Am I in trouble?"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-29, 01:10 AM
Senoi

Well-padded as she is, Senoi withstands the impact with ease and instinctively loops an arm around Ceil to steady her after she rams into the demon.

She glances down at her, looking worried. No, but I might get in trouble if you disappeared on the first day. You're pretty far away from the main area, if you went any further in you could run into something nasty.

Suddenly she realizes she still has her arm around her and she lets go, murmuring an apology. She looks behind Ceil with a frown as she spies the trapdoor. She briefly opens it and then lets it slam shut again. That's supposed to be locked. Someone keeps unlocking it, guess I'll have to fetch the key once we've done orienting you. Come on, you wouldn't want to miss the rest of the orientation, would you?

PhoeKun
2010-07-29, 01:45 AM
In stark contrast to the way that Adelaide had reacted to the succubus' closeness, Ciel doesn't seem to mind it at all. When Senoi backs away, she is still smiling sweetly. For a brief moment, she considers asking her senior about the dress code inspector she met, but quickly decides against it. If she really was in violation of the rules, she didn't want to call unwanted attention to it and make everyone angry at her on the first day. That would be a bad thing, most definitely.

But where was she? Oh, right! Orientation. She nods vigorously to Senoi's final inquiry, her green brown magenta eyes shining in equal parts relief and delight.

"Please lead the way, Miss Senoi! I don't want to get you in trouble, either..."

She follows the demoness closely, almost sticking to her side to avoid a repeat of the previous incident.

"Have you ever gotten lost here? Is it really really dangerous? Is that why Lady Dynhat mostly employs people like you? Is there anything nice hiding in here? How much more orientation is there? What direction should I be pointed by the end of it?"

Senoi is spared further questions by yet another coughing fit. This one is pretty bad, and Ciel has to actually stop walking to get herself under control. Dizzy... ooh boy.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-29, 01:50 AM
Senoi

Senoi stops walking as well, putting a hand on Ciel's shoulder. Are... are you alright?

PhoeKun
2010-07-29, 03:16 AM
"Me? Oh, I'm fine." Ciel smiles, but her next couple of steps forward are wobbly, and anyone can see that she is not, in fact, 'fine'. At least not in that sense of the word. Eventually, the color returns to her cheeks and she straightens up, looking much more energetic.

"It's just something that... happens. When I get cold or scared, mostly, but sometimes just because. It's been happening ever since... eh, that part's not important. It just hurts, but I always come out of it ok. I can still work, so don't worry."

She strikes an energetic pose to illustrate the point. At the very least, it's not something that bothers her, and she seems not to want for it to bother anyone else, either. Inwardly, she hopes that it doesn't wind up becoming an issue or a distraction. It would be humiliating if this was the thing that got her fired, after all...

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-29, 03:39 AM
Senoi nods slowly. It's not about whether you can work or not. If you ever have a problem, you can come to me. I'd just like to be a friend if you ever need one.

She looks lost in her own thoughts for a moment. It's been a while since she's had a friend. Navigating the corridors, she helps Ciel catch up with the rest of the group.

AmberVael
2010-07-29, 07:51 AM
Tanith looks Amelia and Adelaide.
"Got any questions? If not, I'm going to head off, if you don't need anything."
She leans down to be at eye level with Adelaide.
"Just tell me if Senoi gives you too much trouble, okay?"
It's hard to tell if she's saying that because she wants to help Adelaide, or just wants an excuse throw Senoi across a room.

nothingclever
2010-07-29, 09:24 AM
Adelaide scurried back to her position beside Amelia once the succubus found her next victim and resumed holding a hand. When Tanith drew near she began to withdraw once more behind her shield. "A-alright," she said hesitantly, still feeling quite nervous. She wondered if this senior maid was secretly as bad as the other. Perhaps she was and had already shown it based on her less than ideal demeanour during the tour. Adelaide didn't have any questions she wished to ask but she thought there were some she probably should. She hoped Amelia would ask them instead.

PhoeKun
2010-07-29, 12:48 PM
"I don't have to need something to want to be your friend, silly."

Ciel giggles and swings her arms playfully back and forth as she walks alongside her savior. Before long, she's skipping. Eep, no! Stop that, bad Ciel! Bad! That's not how a professional maid acts at all! She stops almost immediately, looking sheepish and resuming her gait in a much more normal and reserved fashion. She takes another couple of seconds to straighten out her uniform again and make sure her hair is in perfect order - she can't afford to be seen as sloppy, no no no.

Still, it's hard not to smile. So hard, in fact, that a new one has crept onto her face without her realizing it, tugging the corners of her lips up into a warm expression of contentment. There's certainly a lot of rules to keep track of here, and she can't help but worry it's all going to be too much to deal with, but at this point she can't help but feel that getting lost had been the best thing to happen to her since... well, for a nice long while, how about that?

Finally, they catch up to the rest of the group. Ciel dips into a deep and extremely apologetic bow, then immediately snaps up to straighten her headdress lest it fall askew.

"Sooorrrry! I fell behind 'cause I was going too slow and then I couldn't see where you went. But it's ok because Miss Senoi found me and I didn't run into any monsters or skirt chasing goblins or anything!" She grins. Genius, Ciel. Genius.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-07-29, 01:58 PM
It wasn't too much longer before a loud bell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiUGia74jZ0&feature=related) began to play throughout the twisting hallways and large rooms of the caverns, followed quickly a smooth and reassuring voice.

"The sun will soon be rising. All employees should remain in their rooms until the Caverns have stopped moving. If they do not have rooms then they should find them.

...and the Lady says don't scare the new girls Tanith. Let them get scared on their own. That is all for announcements."

Ah, the...er...morning announcement, to let all the maids know if there had been any outstanding mishaps or particularly impressive tasks accomplished. Even knowing nothing had gone wrong gives you all a feeling of warmth bubbling up inside. Course, then the floating dungeon lurches violently to one side, giving added weight to the voice's words of finding somewhere to bunk down.

Each of you receive 1d3 of Favor for showing up in proper uniform and all that. :smallwink:

Tanith: [roll0]
Ciel: [roll1]
Amelia: [roll2]
Adelaide: [roll3]
Senoi: [roll4]

Mostly just looking for a post of the new maids finding their new rooms/decorating them and the 'old hands' going to theirs. If there's something you want to do throughout the 'night' that's okay too.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-29, 02:08 PM
As soon as Senoi hears the announcement she flaps her wings once and takes off, hovering in the air and rendering her largely immune to the lurching of the caverns.

Does anyone need help unpacking? I've got the whole demon strength going for me.

AmberVael
2010-07-29, 02:33 PM
"They probably need rooms before they unpack, Senoi."
Tanith says, rolling her eyes.
"You just want to root through their stuff."
She puts her hands behind her head.
"No one seems to need me though, so I'm out."

"Oh, those rooms are open though. Good size and everything."
She points out a set of caves ((26 and 27)), and then heads off towards her own room.

PhoeKun
2010-07-29, 03:41 PM
Ciel is startled by the sudden lurching of the dungeon, and lets out a small squeak of fright. In retrospect, she should have expected something like that from a giant floating dungeon, but... well, hindsight is 20-20, no?

"I don't need help, but if you want to anyway I wouldn't mind." she says with a smile, indicating her own rather petite set of belonging. It didn't seem as though she'd brought much of anything besides clothing. Clothing that she, as a maid, would not be allowed to wear. Damn you, hindsight.

"Well... what I really need is help finding a room for myself. Know any good ones? Maybe a teensy bit out of the way, so I can stretch out if I need to?" What she meant by that was anybody's guess. Stretch what out, exactly? And why would that matter, so long as she had a room?

Whether she gets her help or not, Ciel eventually locates a place she's not only satisfied, but thrilled with. She spends some amount of time just flitting about the place, spinning here and there, marveling at how it was somehow furnished in just such a way as to be pleasing to her even though she had only just gotten here and hadn't said a word about what she likes. With a couple of minor adjustments... just move that there, get a mirror there, ooh that would be a lovely place for a tapestry of some sort gee I wish I owned one, put away my... huh, where did that underwear come from? Oh well.

Satisfied, she plops herself down on the bed and lets out a contented sigh. She gazes around her room, making little mental notes on how she could improve it for the future to make it an even comfier living space than it already is. For a moment, she wonders about how safe it really is to sleep with all the blood sucking moths and evil dust and who knows what else lurking about the place, but the concern soon passes in the form of an adorable little yawn. She's tired. Very carefully, she lets her hair down and starts getting ready for bed.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-29, 03:57 PM
Senoi takes Ciel to room 17. You've got sixteen in between you and anyone else, but if you need anything, my rooms right next door. Will this be alright?

She insists on entering before Ciel to make sure nothing's nested inside, she sometimes skips this room on her patrols and just peeks inside 16.

Noticing the panties, she frowns. These weren't here before. They don't belong to the Mistress either. If you ever notice any strange objects appearing, the best thing to do is not touch them. I'll just take care of these...

With that said she holds out a palm to the offending undergarments and disintegrates them in a blast of dark fire that leaves neither smoke nor ashes.

I'll just leave you alone then, she says giving Ciel an amused look.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-29, 04:14 PM
Amelia

The maid sighs a sigh of relief. She looks down at the rather clingy vampire who had taken refuge beside her. "So, Adelaide?" She asks, making sure she got the name right. "Let's go find some rooms for ourselves." Amelia says, starting to walk forward into the depths of the unknown, wondering to herself how she ended up with a small vampire-shaped bracelet.

nothingclever
2010-07-29, 05:51 PM
Adelaide nodded when her name was said. She tugged gently on Amelia's hand as she began to move and pointed at the two rooms Tanith had already referred them to with a single finger from an outstretched arm.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-29, 07:13 PM
Amelia

Amelia nods silently, walking to those two rooms with Adelaide in hand. "So..." The maid says awkwardly. "Is there any particular reason that you decided to work for Mistress Toku?" She asks nervously, trying to make some conversation.

nothingclever
2010-07-29, 07:45 PM
Adelaide hesitated a bit before answering. "Yes. I've lost all my valuables, including my home... I need a place to stay and she's a vampire too. My deceased father knew her."

Shades of Gray
2010-07-29, 07:50 PM
Amelia

Amelia blinks, that was a more depressing answer than she expected. Ah, I feel so sorry for you... She doesn't know what to say, so she changes the subject. "Would you like room 26 or 27?" The maid asks as they approach the two rooms.

nothingclever
2010-07-29, 08:02 PM
"Um, 27. I'd like a barrier between my room and the main hall so that succubus is less likely to try to sneak in at night and muh-muh-muh-molest me!" Adelaide squeaked. She winced as if in pain when she finally managed to get the last two words out.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-29, 08:10 PM
Amelia

"I'm not sure that she would... Besides, couldn't we tell our employer to fire her based on sexual harassment?" Amelia suggests as she enters room 26, looking around her new room. The maid was aware that this was likely not the case with such a job, but she was hoping to calm Adelaide down a bit. She seems satisfied with it, but not exactly overwhelmed or anything. A clank is heard as she puts her arms behind her head. "Tanith was right, these do seem to be some good rooms."

nothingclever
2010-07-29, 08:38 PM
"I wouldn't put it past her, plus I doubt she could be fired so easily since it seems she regularly behaves like that... I don't want to take any chances," said the vampire as she followed Amelia in before heading to her room. Adelaide had brought nothing with her besides the clothes on her back so she needed no time to set things up. Instead she went through the various compartments of her room to see if had inherited some belongings from a previous resident. She left the door open during her search making it easy to see the sad state she was in. She then walked back into Amelia's room. "Uh, I'll be back in a moment. I'm just going to ask our employer about something."

Shades of Gray
2010-07-29, 09:02 PM
Amelia

Amelia nods, feeling a bit of pity for Adelaide. She really did not seem to be having the best of days, and the same was almost true for herself. Maybe she could do something to improve the sad little vampire's day?

Amelia will head to the foyer to retrieve her things, so she can begin to unpack her belongings and make her room feel more like home.

nothingclever
2010-07-29, 09:09 PM
Adelaide wandered off to find Toku hoping not to get lost, maimed or killed in the process. Tanith's warnings had been thoroughly ingrained in her mind and she was worried there might be some turbulence to complicate things because of the announcement. Needless to say she was amply scared. Each step she took was filled with caution.

AmberVael
2010-07-29, 09:17 PM
Assuming Adelaide goes in the right direction, she'll pass by Tanith's room. Or rooms, actually- she seems to be taking up two of them, and the door to the first is open. Apparently, she uses it as a sort of lounge area that is filled with all sorts of odds and ends, many of which look extraordinarily expensive (though nothing seems to be fragile, perhaps due to natural selection, given Tanith's strength and rough nature). Strange things such as a golden sarcophagus, a trio of silver swords, and a table made entirely of rare minerals and gems, adorn the room, rather like an extraordinarily odd dragon hoard. The floor is covered in miss matched carpets, and the walls decorated with numerous hangings; still, as strange as it all was, gathered together, they seem arranged in a very neat and orderly fashion.

Anyways, the cautious steps of Adelaide, light and timid as they are, attract Tanith's attention. She sniffs, smelling the air, then peers out of her room and holds to the door frame with one hand.
"Looking for something? Probably don't want to be moving around too much while we're in the air."

nothingclever
2010-07-29, 09:27 PM
Adelaide briefly looked directly at Tanith and then turned away to avoid making eye contact while tilting her head downwards. "Um... I was going to ask Toku for something, but maybe you could help me. Do you happen to have a spare coffin?"

AmberVael
2010-07-29, 09:39 PM
"A coffin? Why would you..."
Tanith looks puzzled for a moment, then incredulous realization breaks across her face, and she laughs.
"Really? You're going to sleep in it? That's precious. Really, that's just cute."

Slumping down in the doorway, her back to the frame, Tanith takes a seat and braces herself in case of any crashes.
"I'll let you in on a little secret- these caves? They're alive, or something close enough to where it doesn't make a difference. They seem to sense things, they hear and feel... most importantly, they grow."

Grinning, Tanith taps one of her bookshelves with a foot.
"I didn't bring this thing with me. I wanted it, and so now its here. As long as you've got a room, it'll do the same for you."
Tanith yawns and puts her hands behind her head.
"Takes about an hour for it to do it though. That going to be a problem?"

nothingclever
2010-07-29, 10:02 PM
If Tanith had aimed to creep Adelaide out by sharing her secret she had succeeded, however, she had nothing to say about that. "Um, no, that'll be fine. Thank you." Adelaide scampered back to her room and began to think herself up a suitable coffin, some much needed clothes and various other things. When the coffin was finished she'd climb inside and sleep.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-07-29, 10:57 PM
The day passes, relatively, without incident though Amelia could have sworn that she heard something saying 'Kekekekekeke!' at a certain point though found nothing when she went to investigate the matter. Sleep came a bit harder after that fact though...but nothing else interrupted the dreams of the maids and such so soon the 'morning' comes...as announced by the clocks that each maid finds in their room when they wake up. And hadn't been there the night before.

For Adelaide, Amelia, and Ciel they'd find all sorts of things that weren't there the night before. Clothes, furniture, decorations, and more all seemed to have been moved in during the night. But there were more important, maidly, duties to be had! Like getting the Mistress ready for the day and beginning to take care of the Caverns proper!

To start with, she'd need to be woken up and dressed for the day! Or maybe have her breakfast brought in. So much to do!

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-29, 11:22 PM
For her part, the main features of Senoi's room are a stocked bar and a heart-shaped bed with red velvet sheets. She makes sure the doors to her room are unlocked and then changes out of her nightie and into her uniform. Then she enters the hall leading to the Ladies chambers, knocks softly, and then enters.

Good morning Mistress! Will you be taking your breakfast here today?

PhoeKun
2010-07-29, 11:44 PM
Ciel awakes to find her room had arranged itself exactly how she had planned to do it in her spare time. In just one night! At first she stands there, staring in disbelief. Then, she squeals with delight. How cool was this place? She had the best job in the world, she's now perfectly convinced. Another fifteen minutes are lost to wandering about the room, checking out all of the new ornaments and decorations, the smile on her face growing ever wider until it threatens to split her head in half.

But... eep! So much time wasted, so much to do! She scrambles to get herself ready for the day, which means getting back in uniform. And immediately, she is made to pause. Because there waiting for her was the identical twin of the panties Senoi had blasted into nothingness before bed. She frowns now, remembering her sempai's warning. Then frowns even further, remembering the old goblin's warning. Which one should she trust? Ack, no time, no time! She'd ponder the mystery underwear at a later time; right now it was best just to not risk breaking any rules. Soon dressed and hair straightened, she emerges from her room victorious.

...And then emerges from the next room, slightly less victorious. She taps her finger against her chin, trying to decide on the best way to begin her duties. Well, the Mistress would need to be woken up, and if she had this place figured out then that would put her right over... no, wait. That's a wall. Shoot. Maybe over...? Another wall.

"Stupid maze..." she mutters to nobody in particular. Hokay, third time's the charm. Unknowingly, she walks straight through Senoi's room and just so happens to find her way into Lady Dynhat's chambers in time to see that... the job's already being taken care of.

"...Shoot, I'm late. Mistress Dynhat? Your Ciel has arrived." She curtsies. "How do you wish to use her on this day?"

Actually come to think of it, she's never seen a vampire asleep before. She supposes this wouldn't exactly be a rare opportunity in the future, but... still. Curiosity gets the better of her, and while the Lady Dynhat is still at the very least groggy, she walks up nice and close to get a proper look. Wow, it's so wide! I bet you could fit two people in there!

Wanting to make herself useful, she delicately pulls back the covers to save everyone involved the effort. Not really able to help herself, she reaches in to poke her mistress on the tummy. How couldn't she? It was right there!

"Ooh, soft..." She giggles, and completely forgets herself. Stealing a glance to either side to make sure no one is looking (and they are, of course, but too late!) she reaches in for another touch. Poke. Poke. Poke. Pokepoke. What's it like to tickle a vampire? Well, only one way to find out...

nothingclever
2010-07-30, 12:05 AM
Adelaide woke up feeling pretty good despite all the unpleasant experiences she had yesterday. Maybe it was because she had been so drained by them that she was able to sleep remarkably well in this unknown place. The high class custom coffin she had conjured might have had something to do with it too. She felt even better when she stepped out of "bed" and saw that all the possessions she had desired were right where she wanted them. Immediately after fully taking in the sight of her vastly improved room she put on her uniform and headed off to meet her master. Once she reached her room she followed Senoi and stood by her bed. "Good morning madam Toku," she said cheerfully with a bright smile. She figured she should try her best to greet her properly considering how nice it was to have a place to call home again and it was her that made it possible.

AmberVael
2010-07-30, 07:12 AM
Tanith is not the type to cheerily help Toku out of bed. Partially because she's not a very helpful person, and partially because she doesn't even realize Toku considers her a maid yet.

So, while the others poke, prod, and tickle Toku out of bed, Tanith lazily wakes up, cleans herself thoroughly, then heads out into the caverns to clean everything else- and possibly beat up any monsters that get in her way. This place was always a mess, and she had to work endlessly on it to make any progress. It was almost like she didn't get anything done at all.

Arming herself with a broom, Tanith sets out to give the dirt a lesson, and possibly some monsters along with it.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-30, 04:13 PM
Amelia

Amelia woke up and, seeing that the other maids were on "waking up Toku duty," decided to go find some sort of kitchen to make breakfast in. She wants to get into her mistress' good books.

[roll0]

Callos_DeTerran
2010-07-30, 05:35 PM
Senoi, Ciel, and Adelaide find Toku's chambers to be lavishly appointed, as one would expect from a well-off vampiress. With plush red carpet below, an actual window leading outside (though the curtains are drawn), numerous mirrors and dressers. It would be the very height of luxury!

If it wasn't for the coffin the same size as a king-sized bed, lacquered blackwood with golden trim, that sits square in the center of the room. The three maids are able to guess where Toku is with ease, especially once Senoi lifts off the lid and begins to bustle about the chamber to tidy it up a bit here and there. Adelaide and Ciel instead go right to the coffin, Adelaide trying in vain to wake up the older vampire.

Toku herself is curled into a slight ball, wearing black silk pajamas and lounging on the bed cleverly concealed within the coffin. She's quite cute herself, though Ciel really takes the cake as she reaches in to poke her Master in the belly.

"Nnnhh." she groans, lazily swatting at the poking finger as Ciel persists before the maid begins to tickle her. Starting off quietly at first, still trying to wriggle away from the persistent fingers, Toku begins to giggle and then laugh as her red eyes open up sleepily. "Ha ha ha ha, he he he! S-stop that!"

An inopportune(?) twist pulls Ciel over the edge of the coffin, the maid ending up stretched over top Toku as the pale vampiress continues to chuckle.

"Night time already? The day seems to have hardly come up. Please get the windows Adelaide." Toku requests with a charming smile on her face, patting Ciel on the head, "If you'd kindly let me up so I can get changed?"

Senoi takes 6 Stress, Adelaide takes 8 Stress, and Ciel gains...

[roll0] Favor.

================================

Amelia

The 'kitchen', as it was, looks far more like a warzone then it does a place for one to concoct food. Actually it is a literal warzone. She can see black furred creatures launching crepes through the air at orderly legions of what seemed like sentient goo. One of the baking ovens is going in full glory, seeming to be used as a sacrificial pyre for those who fell in battle.

Tiny green winged lizards flap through the air up close to the cieling, chasing after brown insects that zing back and forth between moldy copper pots and pans. A loud crash announces that an aerial dog-fight has ended with one of the lizards knocking an entire shelf of plates into the columns of losers from the ground war.

But hey, it looks like the pantry is kept magically cooled so all of the food should be fresh!

============================

Tanith

Teach a monster a lesson indeed. Two rather crass orcs had decided to get in Tanith's way, figuring their guard duty was more important then the maid's crusade to clean as much as she could. They were wrong and no longer among the guard force. Which prompted more cleaning, but at least it was fresh!

But then she found herself in a room she didn't know. Or was it didn't remember? Hard to tell. But a thick coat of dust lays on the ground and mites float lazily through the air around the simple furniture and columns present.

All the tell-tale signs of animate dust!

As Tanith figured out just a moment too late when a long grimy tendril reached up off the floor and wrenched the feather duster, the long time foe of dust, from her hands and snapped it in two. It'd take a bit more to clean this room!

AmberVael
2010-07-30, 05:44 PM
It'll take more than that to stop me, fiend!"
Tanith's eyes flicker evilly, as she steps back, making a strange gesture with her arm, sweeping it in front of her and then and across, stopping above the opposite shoulder. With the gesture, a bizarre, gelatinous substance of dark, rich browns and vibrant, bloody crimson pours over her arm, shaping itself into an absurdly long, muscled arm with vicious claws.

"Hyaaa!"
The overly zealous neat freak charges into battle, slashing at the offending tendril with her claw.

Athletics to bash the dust monster into oblivion! [roll0]

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-30, 06:03 PM
She didn't even notice me...

Senoi had been happy to have the company, but was now wondering if working beside other maids would be harder than she thought.

Still in a professional manner, she opens up the wardrobe and pulls out various outfits for the Mistress, a white dress, a black one, and a purple.

She displays them before Lady Toku and then steps toward her, smiling. How silly of me, we've get to get you in some fresh undergarments first. Crawling forward on the bed, she begins to tug off the vampire's pajamas.

[roll0]

nothingclever
2010-07-30, 07:09 PM
Adelaide pulled back the curtains and opened the windows as she had been asked to. She then turned around to face her master and gave a little bow before heading off to find Amelia. She did so because she was the only one she felt comfortable around. Amelia was still very much a stranger to her but she didn't seem too strange and she had been pretty nice to her yesterday. When Adelaide reached the kitchen she was greatly startled by the scene. All she could think to say was, "N-need any help?"

Shades of Gray
2010-07-30, 07:19 PM
Amelia

Amelia faces Adelaide, revealing a mortified expression. "I think so." She says, turning back at the various creatures running amok. "I guess we could just... kill them? Shoo them away?" Amelia frowns in thought. Maybe just make them part of the dish? The maid thinks to herself as she looks at the vermin crawling everywhere. "They're probably not edible anyway."

nothingclever
2010-07-30, 07:35 PM
"Um, let's just try to make them leave," said Adelaide hesitantly. She didn't want to hurt any of the creatures let alone kill them even if they were considered simple pests. Nevertheless, she doubted they would listen to her feeble words and since they seemed so accustomed to violence she decided to get ready to resort to force. She pulled out her mace from somewhere within her uniform and began to twirl it to generate momentum as she advanced towards the furry critters. "Y-y-you better leave now!" she said weakly.

[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2010-07-30, 07:42 PM
Amelia

Amelia's smile is about as week as Adelaide is. She shakes her head slightly. "That's not how you do it..." she mutters to herself. She wonders why the vampire girl carries around a morning star. Then again, it makes about as much sense as her own weapon. All of a sudden she has an idea.

Amelia runs out of the room, coming back after a few seconds. She enters the room with a crossbow that is roughly half of her size. The maid sends a bolt flying, getting lodged in the ceiling. The bolt appears to the length of a forearm.

"Oi! All of you, you better get out of here. Or else!" She says, trying her best to sound intimidating.

[roll0]

PhoeKun
2010-07-31, 01:58 AM
There is an old adage that states, "Find a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life." Right at the moment, Ciel is finding this to be very true. So determined was she to continue her assault on her new mistress that she ceased paying attention to her own footing. Suddenly and with an undignified "Yeeep!", she finds herself inside the surprisingly roomy and oh-so-comfortable coffin herself. And here, she earns a pat on her head for her troubles, much to her delight. She beams brightly at the Lady Dynhat before obediently removing herself from atop her mistress. Or... trying to, at least. Coffins sure are a lot harder to get out of than in. She settles for flopping onto an unused portion of the bed, instead.

Hokay, attempt number 2! One arm on the side. Two. And... pull! Freedom, sweet sweet freedom... she dusts herself off with a perfectly delighted smile on her face, watching Senoi set out potential outfits.

"I like the black one the best." she observes with a nod. "It's definitely pretty. Miss Senoi has wonderful taste..."

Now... how to help? Toku is a vampire, so... what does that mean, again? If she breaks a mirror, it's seven years bad luck? No, wait. It's no reflection, isn't it? Well, that would make it difficult for her to... aha! In a flash, Ciel is behind her mistress, having produced a brush from who-knows-where, and sets herself about the task of grooming Toku's hair while Senoi manages her wardrobe, helping to hold her still if need be, all while humming a happy tune.

Affection as an aid: [roll]1d6x4[roll]

edit: messed up the roll code. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2631956/. Final result is a 4. Ciel is very hot and cold...

Callos_DeTerran
2010-07-31, 02:37 AM
Ciel and Senoi

Toku is still laughing as Senoi climbs into the coffin after her and tug at the silky black pajamas. The vampiress gives the buxom succubus a flirtious wink even as her modest and functional undergarments are exposed. Along with a whole lot of pale flesh that Toku didn't seem that concerned about exposing either, maybe she'd gotten used to the lack of privacy from having maids around to handle such chores for her. In either case she leans up against the side of her coffin, sitting primly so that Ciel won't have any trouble in brushing her hair.

"Mhm...not a bad choice Ciel-chan, but far too somber. This is an exciting day after all, the first day that Amelia, Adelaide, and yourself have been in my employ! It calls for a...happier color, don't you think Senoi?" Finally the lovely demoness got the attention she had been waiting for, a pale hand capturing her chin when Senoi went to put on a bra to give the demoness a soft kiss on her forehead, "I'll wear the purple one for today, but lets wait until I've had breakfast. Wouldn't want to stain it!"

So, instead, once Ciel has finished brushing her hair, the vampiress stands from her coffin and turns to the younger maid. Ciel gets a kiss on the forehead as well before Toku strides off into her spacious closet to pick out accessories to go with the purple dress...

"Ciel-chan, why don't you stick with my lovely Senoi-chan for today to learn the ropes? She's very knowledgeable of the tasks I need done daily and you don't seem suited to the...er...more difficult deeds that Tanith does." A brief pause then before the vampiress speaks again, sounding amused, "By the way, nice panties. I hadn't thought you were so daring!"

Favor Time again. Toku is being rather free with it on the first day to encourage better performance from you all.

Senoi: [roll0]
Ciel: [roll1]

==========================================

Amelia & Adelaide

The furry critters appraise Adelaide with centuries old strategic cunning...okay, they were bread rolls that had gone really bad but they seemed to recognize the massive threat the two maids posed to their little microcosm! There hadn't been maids in the kitchen for...a really long time! So their assault turned to the younger vampiress with a vengeance, the mace-wielding Adelaide having to flail about with her weapon quite about to drive off the little monsters and send them scurrying for cover!

"SCRAW!" One of the lizards screech as Amelia returns and leaves a bolt stuck in the ceiling. All other noise pauses for a couple of long seconds, even the attack by the slime-creatures that had left Adelaide's stockings looking a bit worse for the wear.

Then all hell broke loose!

All of the creatures of various kinds rush the doors, seeking to barrel past the two maids and in the caverns possible. In the flailing chaos some of the creatures bravely lost their lives underfoot of the panicking duo or when Adelaide's mace flattened them unceremoniously.

But...by the end of it...the kitchen seemed clean of any unnatural pest. Just ordinary ones. At least now Amelia could start cooking though! And with not a moment to spare! Even if the both of them felt the upsurge of a warm fuzzy feeling at job well done..or maybe that was the legendary Maid Spirit beginning to awaken deep inside of them!

Amelia: [roll2]
Adelaide: [roll3]

Shades, this isn't counting for making breakfast yet, since I don't know if someone is going to try and sabotage Amelia in cooking yet.

Tanith

And explode the dust monster does, like a small explosion had gone off inside of it's 'chest' to scatter it all over the room...But before Tanith could relax it surges up from the ground once more.

"Hahahahahaha! Your reign of terror ends today Tanith! We mitelings shall be avenged! Your bones shall lay dust covered for eternity!" it cackles in a hard to hear breathy voice, slamming out with two cyclones of wind that seek to batter the powerful vampire against the walls!

...Just like every other miteling construct that had dared to attack Tanith.

It gives a dry and rasping cackle, tossing it's head back in a victory howl. Utterly oblivious to how little it had done...or the rumbling from the hallway that came from the same direction as the kitchen.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-31, 11:10 AM
I think you're right as always, Mistress, murmurs Senoi, purring and pressing against Toku when she is kissed.

When Toku leaves the coffin she gracefully slides out of it as well, looking contented. Sauntering up to Ciel, she loops an arm around her and squeezes her in a playful hug. Don't worry mistress. I'll make sure little Ciel knows how to cater to -all- your myriad needs.

At the last comment she gives Ciel a curious look. Her tail slides under Ciel's skirt and rises, exposing her panties. Senoi giggles. Oh my. You're a naughty thing.

AmberVael
2010-07-31, 12:15 PM
Tanith lets the winds batter her backwards. Oh no. The dust had reformed. What ever would she do? Trying not to roll her eyes, she spins her body parallel to the ground, catches the upcoming wall with her legs instead of her back. The impact might crack the wall or shake the floor, and it does seem to cause the strange substance on her arm to slough off...

But just as quickly as it peels away, it reforms on her back, sprouting out as wings as Tanith kicks off from the wall, launching herself towards the dust, seeking to scatter it across the ground again, where it could be nicely swept away.

Awesome Aerial Athletics Action Attack! [roll0]

nothingclever
2010-07-31, 12:45 PM
Adelaide looked a little discouraged for a moment as she viewed the damage done to her stockings but after dusting herself off she turned to face Amelia largely unperturbed by what had just transpired. "So, um, were you going to cook something?"

Shades of Gray
2010-07-31, 12:54 PM
Amelia

Amelia simply nods, getting the supplies out of a cabinet. "This isn't a very sanitary kitchen... Would you mind helping clean up while I prepare the mistress' breakfast?" Amelia asks as she takes out a rather large bowl. I wonder if Mistress Toku likes pancakes.

nothingclever
2010-07-31, 01:19 PM
"N-not at all! I was about to suggest that myself." Adelaide searched for the necessary cleaning agents and once she found them she went to work on trying to make the kitchen as clean as possible with great vigor. Eliminating all the signs of their recent struggle would be a challenge in and of itself but she aimed to do even better. She boldly intended to actually make the room a respectable place to practice the culinary arts despite the fact that judging by its current state the last time it had held such status was probably so long ago that it was beyond memory.

Roll. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9046017&postcount=25)

PhoeKun
2010-07-31, 02:16 PM
At first, Ciel looks a little disappointed that her suggestion had been shot down so quickly and totally, but upon another moment's reflection, purple really is a lovely color, isn't it? She looks down at her own uniform and smiles, her eyes briefly pulsing a deep violet in agreement...

Ciel is feeling extremely good about herself. The day... er... night had only just begun and already she was swimming in little tokens of praise and affection from her new employer. And really, other than money for what other motivation could one possibly wish to become a maid? Plus, she gets to spend all day working with Senoi-sempai! She's definitely becoming fond of the succubus; she seemed rather nice, and... what did Mistress Dynhat just say!? Ciel's face flushes red. She's beginning to wonder if it had been a wise idea to alter her usual choice of attire. Maybe later she'd ask for permission to break the dress code...

Suddenly, her leg twitches as something tickly slides up it, and there is a sensation of cool air as her skirt is lifted for what feels like the 12th time since she got off the elevator. Out of nowhere, Senoi finds her tail batted away rather forcefully by a large, black... paw? Where the young girl had been just a moment before, Senoi now stares up at an enormous winged tiger made of highly polished obsidian. The feathers on the wings gleam with what appear to be razor edges, and its eyes flash a baleful red color... Ciel hides behind its rear leg like a scolded child.

Seconds later, it begins to melt and bubble, dissolving harmlessly into the floor. As though the whole thing had never happened, Ciel stands there fidgeting and defensively tugging at the hem of her skirt, an undignified and pouty look upon her face.

"Wh-why does everybody keep doing thaaaaat?"

Callos_DeTerran
2010-07-31, 03:23 PM
Senoi & Ciel

Hearing the commotion out in her bedroom, Toku peers out of her closet and gives a bright peal of laughter before crossing the room over to the two. Again the vampiress pats Ciel comfortingly on the head, even as she takes one of Senoi's hands.

"Senoi-chan didn't mean anything by Ciel, she's just a naturally friendly person. She's just trying to show you how...fond she is of you, right Senoi?" Toku says softly, giving a stern (if amused) glance at the older maid, "Don't take it personal, I mean how could she help herself with such a cute maid to look after?"

That said, Toku does give Senoi's hand a warning squeeze and a wink, as if to say to try and help Ciel adjust before any further incidents. Or at least give the petulant summoner time to cool off!

===============================================

Tanith

"Raaaagghhhhh!" the miteling cloud roars as Tanith rushes towards it, lunging forward as well. The two clash against one another in a bright flash of light to land at opposite sides of the room. The miteling cloud looks smugly over it's 'shoulder' before it stiffens.

"But...when?!" it coughs out, already beginning to slough apart and disappearing into the cracks in the gold-plated floor, "This isn't the end...maid! We...we will rise again! There will come...a day when everything is covered in dust! W-hen you will look around and despair at ever cleaning it all!"

More and more of it melts through the cracks, until just one 'claw' still protrudes from the ground.

"We will...seize the day!"

Amelia & Adelaide

Despite the massive mess to be had in the kitchen, it did seem remarkably well stocked with non-living foods. After maybe just a half-hours work of cleaning there is enough space for Amelia to make the breakfast she had planned. Soon the lovely smells of cooking fill the kitchen once more. Soon the two of them are in the full swing of things!

nothingclever
2010-07-31, 03:45 PM
While Amelia finished up Adelaide went to set the table. She then came back to see how things had turned out. "Everything looks great. Should I go get the others?"

AmberVael
2010-07-31, 03:56 PM
"Yeah yeah yeah, shut up."
Tanith picks herself off, brushes off her clothing, then reshapes the strange substance she's been using in the battle, into...
A broom!
"Hold still."
She hauls the broom back, then strikes as hard as she can, using it more like a golf club than a cleaning instrument as she attempts to smack the remaining claw and animate dust pieces across the room.

Golf Time! [roll0]

Shades of Gray
2010-07-31, 03:56 PM
Amelia

Amelia nods, smiling as she puts puts a cup of syrup on the table. The pancakes truly looked delicious, covered in fresh fruit. In addition to pancakes, Amelia had prepared some coffee and orange juice, as well as some eggs. "Tell them that breakfast is ready to be served, and thanks for the help, Adelaide-Chan." Amelia takes off and hangs up her apron as she finishes setting the table.

nothingclever
2010-07-31, 04:22 PM
"Y-You're welcome," said Adelaide happily. She was thrilled to be able return the kindness she had been shown previously. The tiny toothy terror hurried back to Toku's room. "Breakfast is ready!" she announced excitedly. Noticing that Tanith wasn't there she conjured a bat familiar that appeared to come straight out of her hair. It sought Tanith and relayed Adelaide's message to her in a shrill voice that sounded extremely obnoxious or sickeningly cute if not both.

AmberVael
2010-07-31, 04:55 PM
The claw shoots across the room and poofs into dust as it strikes the wall, and Tanith looks on with satisfaction... and then the bat gets to her, squeaking at her from behind.
"Gah!"
The well muscled vampire spins around, readying her broom before she realizes the bat is just relaying a message.

Given its voice, however, she's tempted to smack it anyway. That, and its a bat. Nasty, wriggly, fluttering little creatures. She tried to get rid of them as much as possible, but given she was in a vampire's cavern....

Resisting her urge (barely), Tanith shoulders her broom and strikes off to find this breakfast, following her nose and the assumption that they prepared in or nearby the usual kitchen.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-01, 01:17 AM
Senoi arches her back. When contact is made with her tail she seems to have definitely gotten... something from it. Still, she demurs under Toku's stern glance, getting a caught-with-her-hand-in-the-cookie-jar look.

Understood mistress. I'll be a perfect gentlewoman from now on.

When the animal comes in to announce breakfast she gets an amused look on her face. Well, it looks like the humans are going to eat. But as for my Mistress... I have a special treat. I've done some research, and I've spent the last few weeks taking herb supplements that I think will make my demon-blood taste extra sweet and luscious.

She steps over to Toku and bares her neck with a radiant smile on her face. Go on, drink right up!

PhoeKun
2010-08-01, 01:37 AM
Ciel appears contemplative for a long moment, tapping her index finger against her cheek while resting her elbow in the palm of her other hand, her head tilted ceilingward. Hm... friendship, friendship... the ways one expresses friendship... well, in a place where one can send greetings by fondling another girl's breasts, it did sort of make sense that you would do that to your friends... she fidgets a bit, shifting her weight from one leg to the other. Still feels weird...

She shakes her head violently. Too weird! But that decision almost immediately makes her feel guilty. Who is she to judge foreign customs? That could be the equivalent of a hug! Who doesn't like hugs? She offer Senoi and apologetic smile, standing quietly to one side while the succubus bares her neck in any offering of "breakfast" to Toku. She had her orders: stay with Senoi-sempai throughout the day. And she is determined to do just that.

Still... food. Her tummy makes a little protesting rumbling sound. She looks down.

"Uh, um..."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-01, 02:16 AM
Senoi & Ciel

Toku gives a soft sigh as the tension is diffused from the situation, squeezing Senoi's hand and rubbing Ciel's head once more before the succubus makes her offer. The hand holding Senoi's own drifts up slowly, caressing over the succubus' throat longing before Toku reluctantly shakes her head.

"Mhm..perhaps later. Your blood is far too spicy for dinner Senoi my dear." the vampiress says apologetically, even as her head to looks at Ciel. "Ah..and Ciel seems hungry as well. For dinner, perhaps?"

It was truly a monumental will that tears a vampire away from such a readily offered meal, holding out her arms.

"But I suppose I should be dressed for breakfast. Quickly then, before it gets cold!" she urges before a wicked gleam comes into her eye, "...Adelaide, would you like to try some of Senoi's blood? I'm sure it put a real kick in your step!"

================================================

Shortly Thereafter...

It wouldn't be too much longer before Toku lead Adelaide, Ciel, and Senoi into the dining room where Amelia had set up the excellent smelling breakfast. The old vampiress sits quickly, motioning for everyone else to do the same and tasting the pancakes with relish.

"Ahh, and who's the architect of this fine meal?" Toku says, chewing thoughtfully before taking a long sip of the coffee. "Mhm..well..whichever one of you it was did an amazing job. I'd only suggest adding some of the blood extract from the pantry for my own portions."

She eats in relative silence, letting the maids talk amongst themselves until she's finished.

"I hope you are all ready to work hard today! There's lots of work to be done to get this place into shape for the next band of adventurers!" Toku says off-hand.

Ah! Forgot.

Senoi takes 4 stress and enters her Stress Explosion if I remember right.
Amelia gains 4 favor.
Tanith gains 5 (lucky roll)

nothingclever
2010-08-01, 02:36 AM
Pre Breakfast

"Ummm, I'd rather not. I wouldn't feel comfortable drinking her blood. I don't mean to offend, I just... I'd much prefer some of yours, to find out what my master tastes like." Adelaide blushed profusely. She was surprised by her own boldness. She hoped she didn't sound rude, she only wanted to get to know Toku better. She expected that Toku might simply laugh or scold her. Maybe it would be better not to be taken seriously. Perhaps asking such a thing would be judged as an act above her station. Still she hoped to indulge her curiosity.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-01, 02:52 AM
Pre Breakfast

Toku blinks, surprised by the request. A vampire wouldn't exactly gain much nutrition from the blood of another vampire so it seems a bit odd. But the innocent explanation for it spoke alot about the nervous little vampire. And if it'd put Adelaide at ease...

Toku lifts her right wrist up to her mouth, sinking her teeth into it for a long moment until crimson runs down her forearm.

"Mhm. Here you go. Try not to drain too much, alright?" Toku asks with an almost motherly smile. Maybe it was better to be taken seriously. Toku's left hand rests on-top of Adelaide's head guiding the younger vampire to her porcelain wrist and the pre-made fang marks that trickle blood down unto the carpet. "If you take too much then I'll burn through our stock of blood-related foods quickly and that'd mean shopping trip!"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-01, 02:55 AM
Senoi sighs sadly and glances around. Where's Tanith? Maybe she'd like a taste of me.

nothingclever
2010-08-01, 03:23 AM
"I'll be careful." Adelaide allowed herself to be gradually guided forward at Toku's pace. Once she was in position she lightly licked and caressed the wounds as she gently sucked some blood from them. It wasn't an insignificant amount but the loss definitely wouldn't impair Toku. The entire act was very restrained and the little vampire made sure not to spill a single drop. After a while she slowly removed her mouth and gazed up at Toku with a beaming smile. "It was delicious." Her face was perfectly clean and so was the spot where the open marks on the other vampire's wrist had been which were now sealed shut. "Would you like some of mine?" Adelaide tilted her head to expose her neck. She thought it made sense for her mistress to assume a dominant position if she were to also feed. Likewise a wrist was fitting for a servant like her.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-01, 03:42 AM
Pre-Breakfast

Toku's blood tastes...well-aged. Like a well-aged wine but it wasn't bland either. It was full of life and vitality, likely from Toku's varied diet and life-style, meaning it really was delicious! Not to mention the brief flash of images and light in Adelaide's mind as she tastes her master for the first time. At Adelaide's request though, the vampiress gives Senoi an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry my love, but it's a vampire thing. Adelaide, I'd be honored." the elder vampire gives a slow bow, eyes respectful even as she stepped up to her maid and wraps her arms about the smaller vampire. Toku nuzzles in, like she probably had with innumerable victims though she's being far more 'gentle' considering it's one of her employee's. "Ready?"

Courteously, like a proper lady, the lady Dynhat waits for the 'okay' from Adelaide and then she'd feel a slight pinch. Right away Toku's grip tightens about Adelaide, instinct to keep prey from struggling and only succeeds in holding her tight up against her own body. Not a drop of the little vampiress' gift is wasted, the Dynhat far too experienced to let any of it slip away. But unlike Adelaide, Toku doesn't seem to show much restraint in how much she takes from her maid. She's practically ravenous and doesn't stop until Adelaide is...er...paler then usual and about ready to pass out. Only then does Toku remove her fangs, tenderly licking the bite marks and effortlessly lifting Adelaide into her arms.

"Mhm. How surprising..Senoi darling, I do believe our little friend here is...an innocent of all things!" the elder vampire says, sounding surprised and happy at the same time as she carries Adelaide to the ornate coffin and delicately lays her inside, "You rest her Adelaide-chan, until you feel ready to join us at breakfast."

Instructions given, Toku gives an almost glowing smile to Senoi and Ciel that carries just a hint of menace behind it.

"Shall we? I find myself more famished then usual."

OOC: After which, and Ciel and Senoi's responses, this will change to the breakfast part again. :smallwink:

nothingclever
2010-08-01, 08:49 AM
"Yes Toku-sama... Mmm, pancakes..." mumbled Adelaide as she drifted off to sleep. She rolled on her side and embraced a pillow holding it close to her face while curling up into a fetal position. "Munya munya..."

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-01, 10:37 AM
Yes Mistress. After you Mistress. Pausing to stare down at the sleeping Adelaide with a sad look on her face, Senoi retrieves a blanket and gently drapes it over her. Then she steps slightly behind Toku, posture perfect and staring straight ahead.

PhoeKun
2010-08-01, 12:36 PM
Pre Breakfast

Ciel's own hunger is momentarily forgotten as she stares, enraptured, by the spectacle taking place before her. This has been a day of firsts - first time touching a vampire, first time tickling one, first time being teased by a succubus, and now, first time watching a vampire... uh... feed? Kiss?

Toku's prolonged blood drinking session in particular gives the young human time to ruminate on the exchange going on between elder and younger vampires... and mostly, she comes up empty. What are the facts? Senoi-sempai offered herself oh so very willingly and seemed disappointed when the offer was declined. Adelaide seemed nervous about asking, but then seemed to enjoy the experience a great deal. The Lady Dynhat certainly enjoyed it. All in all, a very pleasurable exchange.

But then, hadn't she heard all of the stories about being bitten by a vampire being a bad thing? And Tanith had said it was painful. But that looked more like... well, maybe it was because they were both vampires. Or because Senoi-sempai is a demon. That probably changes the rules a bit, sure sure. She seems satisfied with this, and smiles.

On the way to breakfast, Ciel notices that Senoi is carrying herself rather dejectedly. She tugs on the succubus' arm.

"...I'd drink your blood. If I could." she says with a cheerful smile on her face.

At Breakfast

Ciel jubilantly sets herself to the task of consuming pancakes, pausing after each bite to close her eyes in a moment of pancakey ecstasy before remembering herself and snapping back to proper decorum. She cuts up very deliberate little bite sized pieces and brings each one slowly to her mouth in turn.

"This is fantastic!" she exclaims. Although its difficult not to notice she isn't exactly making fast progress. At this rate, the food would go cold before she finished...

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-01, 03:41 PM
Pre-Breakfast

Senoi winks at Ciel. Don't worry. I'm sure we'll find something else you can do to me.

Breakfast

Senoi gobbles up her share of pancakes and then some. She doesn't exactly gain any sustenance from them, but she's still allowed to eat human foods.

When she's done she stands up and bows. Thank you allow me to join you Mistress. Is there anything else I can do for you?

Shades of Gray
2010-08-01, 03:48 PM
Amelia

Amelia is happy with all the praise so she is getting for her work, but she doesn't seem to be taking a lot of credit or saying "thank you." She just sits silently and eats her pancakes, casting a glance towards the other maids every now and then. The other human present seemed to be eating rather slowly.

Amelia finishes her pancakes without having said a word.

AmberVael
2010-08-01, 03:58 PM
Tanith arrives at the dining room a bit later than the others, having taken the time to get the dust off of herself (which took some doing).
"There was a dust monster waiting for me while I was cleaning."
She says, in excuse for her tardiness as she sits down.

nothingclever
2010-08-01, 04:26 PM
After a short rest Adelaide willed herself to get up and wearily made her way to the dining hall. She was very tired, however, she refused to miss out on Amelia's cooking. She figured they'd be kind enough to save her some food if she hadn't, but she wouldn't dare to take any chances and wanted to at least enjoy the tail end of their first meal together. As she entered the room she bowed slightly and spoke. "I apologize for being so late. It wasn't on purpose." Having said that she sat down and dug into the food while doing her best to not appear impolite. "This is really good Amelia," she said enthusiastically.

Shades of Gray
2010-08-01, 04:45 PM
Amelia

The maid smiles warmly. "Well I couldn't have done it without your help, Adelaide-Chan." Amelia says, patting the small vampire on her head. "Take as much as you want everybody, I have tons to spare."

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-01, 04:47 PM
Senoi's eyes flash to Tanith and she backs away from Toku. Oh, Tanith! I'm so glad you joined us. Can I speak with you in private for a moment?

nothingclever
2010-08-01, 04:55 PM
"So um, Toku-sama, what would you like us to do today? Amelia and I already cleaned up the kitchen and removed the pests in it just so you know." Adelaide was thrilled to see everyone was still at the table when she arrived and eager to further please her master.

AmberVael
2010-08-01, 05:02 PM
Tanith's red eyes flick up towards Senoi in a manner that seems both wary and completely uninterested.
"If you were anyone else, I'd say yes. But no. You wanna say something, you're going to have to say it right here."

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-01, 05:10 PM
Senoi takes a deep breath and then smiles. Alright, I'm sensing a little unwarranted hostility here. I know that in the past clothes have been borrowed without permission, but I think we should both look to the future and think about how negative attitudes might impact our ability to work together.

She wrings her hands and smiles even wider. So, with that in mind I was wondering if you'd like some fresh blood for breakfast, being that as delicious as they may be, those pancakes won't quell your unholy appetites. Under her breath, she adds or mine for the matter.

AmberVael
2010-08-01, 06:14 PM
'The only unholy hunger I have is for maple syrup."
Tanith retorts, picking up a bottle as she snags a few pancakes. Carefully, she squishes the pancakes down a little in the center, then pours the syrup in so as to minimize the amount of syrup that will get onto her plate.
As she continues readying her food and herself to eat, it becomes apparent that she has all kinds of strange little methods to help minimize mess, and fully intends to use every last one of them.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-02, 01:09 AM
"Mhmm hmmm." Toku groans out through a mouthful of pancake, smiling avidly even as she considers just what Adelaide had asked.

"Well...there are plenty of things that could stand to be done around this place. From sweeping up, cleaning up after the dead adventurers, running lunch down to the Doormen, resetting the death-melons, oh the list goes on and on. Ah! And I had wanted to do some work on the garden and announce how each of you will be participating for the position as head maid." she announces casually, forking another wedge of pancakes into her mouth with relish, "Very tasty Amelia, well done!"

nothingclever
2010-08-02, 06:54 PM
Adelaide would've preferred to let someone else ask for an explanation of what Toku had said but it didn't seem like anyone else would be speaking up soon so she decided to do it. "Th-there's a competition to decide who will be the head maid? I'd like to hear more about that," said the little maid meekly. "And uh, I guess I could take care of the adventurers. I'd prefer not to go near those doormen again. They were pretty scary. Do people regularly attack this place?" She thought it sounded rude of her to inquire about the position of head maid since this was still only her first day on the job, but she was eager to see if she'd have a chance at it anyway. She believed it should go to Tanith by default since she was her senior and appeared more responsible than Senoi, but being Toku's number one maid sounded nice to Adelaide. She was enticed by the idea of getting closer to her, not the authority.

PhoeKun
2010-08-02, 07:45 PM
Ciel doesn't seem to take much notice of Toku's announcements, being far more preoccupied with the incredibly important presence of Pancake, god of flavor and a delicious part of this complete breakfast. Another bite. Another series of slow chewing motions. And a fresh smile creeps its way over her face as she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath before repeating the cycle over again.

"Mmmm..."

It's not as though she's not listening, of course. That would be rude. It's just that nothing that was mentioned is really more important than savoring breakfast. They don't call it the most important meal of the day for nothing! Besides which, the whole concept of a Head Maid seems silly. Or at the very least, not for her. She'd do the best job she could, and that would be that. Another thoughtful chew.

"...Th-there are dead adventurers!?" Her eyes widen in alarm and she starts to choke on her food.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-02, 08:08 PM
Senoi steps behind Ciel, puts her hands around her stomach, and squeezes. Easy there, sweetie. It's alright. We get dead adventurers all the time. They kind of remind me of moths flying too close to a campfire, they can't help themselves and we can't do anything to stop them.

She pats Ciel on the shoulder and steps away, tail swishing. Did Adelaide say there was going to be a competition? Why didn't you say so sooner mistress? She gets a hopeful grin on her face. Can I be second prize?

AmberVael
2010-08-03, 08:21 AM
"Well yeah, there are dead adventurers. I've got to do something with my time, after all."
Tanith says, before taking a huge bite of her pancakes.
"Mmm, good pancakes."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-03, 11:35 PM
The vampire seems blissfully unaware of Ciel's distress, or at least doesn't answer her right away in favor of giving a beaming smile to Adelaide. "Are you scared of those little darlings? Please...they are as gentle as kittens once they get to know you. As for the contest...well..."

She pauses briefly to savor another mouthful of pancakes as Ciel chokes and Senoi moves to assist her.

"Mhm..right, the contest." Toku finally continues, "From now until...well...I pick the winner. I'll be considering each of you based on how well you perform your duties and then the one who has done the very best shall become the head maid. Mostly because they've earned the extra responsibilities and wages. Each of you maids is in the running, whither you want to or not, so try your very best! So far Ciel and Amelia are in the lead after all."

Only then does Toku give Ciel a sweet, and fang-bearing, smile.

"Ahh, yes the adventurers..they come here seeking my treasure hoards. Usually the traps, monsters, or Tanith dispatch them before they can cause too much of a problem though. They still need to be disposed of however once the mess has been made. That's what you girls are for, in part." Still giving that slightly un-nerving smile as a chilly tone comes into her voice, "Is that a problem?"

PhoeKun
2010-08-04, 12:02 AM
"Uh... n-no, Mistress. Th-that's no problem... eep.

Ciel takes a deep breath, although whether this is to steel her nerves in the face of Toku's smiling yet still somehow terrifying insistence or because of her recent pancake-induced choking session, no one can be sure. Without really meaning to, she leans against Senoi for support, suddenly stiffening and shooting up straight when she realizes the back of her chair is softer than it should be. She glances back with an apologetic look on her face.

She turns once more to her pancakes, and a plate only half cleared. A wistful sigh escapes her lips; another delicious meal left unfinished. There's really no time to be pleased with herself for being in the early runnings to win the head maid competition. She'd much rather be crying right now.

"So I should... get to work, right?" she looks helplessly at Senoi. "What are we doing first, Miss Senoi?"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-04, 12:22 AM
Senoi gets an equally helpless look on her face at the question. You're asking me? Well... Mistress? She bites her lip. I mean... Mistress wants a meal to be taken down to the doormen, so lets gather up the leftovers and bring them downstairs. And uhh... Mistress wants gardening done, so we'll head there next.

She nods, trying to look confident. By your leave, Mistress. She gives the Lady vampire a look of adoration, and should she be dismissed, she gathers up what's left on everyone's plates and takes them down to the Doormen with Ciel.

nothingclever
2010-08-04, 12:50 AM
Adelaide finished eating her fill and rose from her seat. She was still famished but now she hungered for something other than regular food. "If I may also be excused I'll get started on clearing the trespassers. Um, is there a particular place to dispose of them?" Adelaide spoke without a hint of aversion to the task she had decided to take on. In fact, her voice carried a smidgen of forcefulness that indicated confidence. Assuming she was allowed to leave she would bow to Toku and go off in search of corpses.

Shades of Gray
2010-08-04, 09:52 PM
Amelia

Amelia takes the plates to the kitchen and washes them, neatly putting them away. She then takes her place next to Adelaide, slightly intrigued about what the protocol was with dead adventurers. Still, she remains silent; it was for the best most likely.

PhoeKun
2010-08-04, 10:07 PM
"Ah! O... ok..."

Ciel's eyes begin to water and shift through a series of very sad blue colors before finally fading into a morose grey. She brushes a single finger against her unfinished plate in the way one might caress a lover's cheeks...

O, cruel fate! O, mockery of Justice! O, beloved Amelia's pancakes, why were you not appreciated when there was time? The candle that burns brightest lasts half as long... she picks up her own plate along with several others and holds them reverently in front of her, falling in behind Senoi with deliberate, somber steps. Tears stream down her cheeks in little waterfall-style...

""...I-it's ok, little pancakes. You're going to a *sniffle* better place..."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-06, 06:16 PM
Senoi and Ciel quickly clean up the remnants of breakfast, gathering it all together unto one big tray and carrying it into the messy kitchen. There they have little trouble in finding some containers to carry the leftovers down. Then it's just a quick jaunt up to the garden and a ride down the rock elevator to find...nothing. Oh, the tents and camp of the Doormen is all set up and there's even a couple of small fires burning.

No goblins though.

===========================

Toku listens to Adelaide silently, tiling her head up as if in deep thought. After all, it was a bit curious that one would have the master be the one to handle such unsavory tasks. Tanith might be a better one to ask by the scary vampire seems lost in thought at the moment.

"I...think there is a pit of slime that will dissolve anything dumped into it. Honestly, it's been so long since the traps were put in I don't even know what all is where. I suppose you'll just have to look around for something to get rid of them...or just launch them over the side but that seems so messy..."

nothingclever
2010-08-06, 10:16 PM
"Alright, thank you. I'll do my best." Adelaide bowed and left the room to begin her task. First she acquired some cleaning agents from wherever they might be along with a bag to hold them in. Then she combed the mansion for the remains of unfortunate explorers. Whenever she found a body she carried it away to a dumping spot with her supernatural strength and eventually amassed a pile which she would later transport to the slime pit. After moving bodies she thoroughly scrubbed away all signs of them so newcomers wouldn't be able to see what awaited them. As she worked the thought crossed her mind that she might encounter a still living intruder or set off a trap. That sure would be dreadful...

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-06, 10:36 PM
Senoi looks around, first confused and then in a panic. Uhh... oh no! They're gone! They're not supposed to be gone, this has never happened before! She moves away from the elevator, looking around for any sign of them. Then she spins to Ciel, eyes wide. Wh-what do we do?!

Shades of Gray
2010-08-07, 07:17 PM
Amelia

The maid bowed to her mistress before leaving the kitchen with Adelaide, searching for dead adventurers with her. "I don't really remember ever signing up for this." She said aloud, shaking her head.

AmberVael
2010-08-07, 07:53 PM
Tanith

As if those silly newcomers would really know how to dispose of everything properly! And the slime pit? Tanith guessed it was an option... yeah, that could work. There might still be some leftover stains though. Blood and guts.
Hmmmm.

Toying with an idea in the back of her mind, Tanith jogs off towards the usual locations that adventurers get themselves stuck in and killed at, hoping her experience and physique (not to mention absurd idea, once she can put it into action) will allow her to clean the mess up faster than they can find it. They wouldn't do it right, after all. She had to make sure it was clean, and the adventurers were her responsibility in the first place!

As she moves along to the tunnels, she snatches up an old broom and some rags, working on her crazy plan in her mind.

nothingclever
2010-08-07, 11:04 PM
"Thanks for deciding to help me. I really appreciate it," said Adelaide as she walked. "If you don't mind me asking, what brought you here?"

PhoeKun
2010-08-08, 07:28 PM
"What? I... they're not? It hasn't? I-I... I don't know, I'm new!" Ciel reacts to Senoi's panic with panic of her own, beginning to shake and nearly dropping the food she's carrying all over the floor.

If Senoi-sempai doesn't have an idea, then how is she supposed to know!? This is... this is... a catastrophe! A disaster! A... a... bad... thing! Before she compounds things by running around screaming, she sets her armfulls gently on the ground, taking care to appear as calm as possible and straighten out her uniform for the thirteenth time of the workday. Then, she looks at Senoi and nods, gently placing a hand on her shoulder and hoping that would mean something. She turns her head to look over her shoulder.

"...Hello? Guard peoples? Are... are you playing hide and seek? Is anybody here?"

Her voice echoes across the empty walls. Clueless. Unsure.

Shades of Gray
2010-08-08, 08:50 PM
"Thanks for deciding to help me. I really appreciate it," said Adelaide as she walked. "If you don't mind me asking, what brought you here?"

Amelia

Amelia pauses in her step, the question seems to have caught her off guard. "Since this a moving establishment I can get to see a lot of interesting places I guess. I'm getting paid to travel. I am not from one of the wealthiest families, so it is usually difficult to get around. I will probably send some of the funds back to my family somehow."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-10, 04:17 PM
The darkness is, needless to say, not very inclined to answer Ciel's calls for the Doormen or Senoi's frantic flailing about. For that matter, nothing else seems that inclined to answer either, because it's inanimate or not there in the first place.

There is merely an oppressive feeling of 'waiting' in the air, as if perhaps something was...well...waiting for the maids to do something. It was actually rather creepy and reminded Ciel of that goblin who had approached her, but she gets the feeling whoever was watching this time wasn't interested in a dress code.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-10, 05:47 PM
Senoi gives Ciel a soft, almost embarrassed smile, taking a deep breath and calming herself. Abruptly she realizes she's exposed and vulnerable, so she brings to bear her most basic defense, and transforms from a dark-skinned, busty demon, to a frail, pale-skinned waif that nonetheless manages to be just as busty.

She glances at Ciel and holds a finger up to her lips, staring calmly at the darkness.

PhoeKun
2010-08-10, 07:01 PM
... Well then. Ciel stares at the darkness in consternation. If this is all some joke the guards are trying to play on the new girls, she's not very amused. And that feeling in the air... gives her goosebumps. Brrr. Although at least with Senoi-sempai having pulled herself back together, it isn't so bad as it could be.

With no answers forthcoming from the empty room and now impressive demonic magical powers to call on, Ciel is left with just the one option: roll up her sleeves and start poking about in the oppressive blackness. Metaphorically, of course. Could you imagine the dress code violations involved in rolling up the sleeves of a maid uniform? Absurd. No, wait. Stop that - not the time, you silly stupid girl.

With a tiny gulp and a quick breath to steel her nerves, Ciel steps forward and begins her search. Whatever is there... and there's definitely something, she hopes to draw it out quickly while she still has the nerve to yell at it. Already the idea of hiding behind Senoi's skirt is starting to feel a little bit tempting...

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-13, 10:52 PM
Tanith, Adelaide, Amelia

Maybe it was luck (but who's?) but there didn't seem to be that many bodies today. Maybe the adventuring community at large had finally caught wise to what a death-trap the place was or maybe there was just fewer adventurers in the first place. Either way, there's little to clean up that Adelaide and Amelia find while Tanith finds only two more bodies then the other two maids had found. Perhaps working in the Redstone Caverns wasn't so bad though, after all it wasn't like there was an attack or anything going on...

=============================

"For (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99msFWbtLrY) Heaven's sake, just go back up to your doom fortress already!" an irate voice calls out from the ominously dark bushes, before a more then awkward silence falls over the clearing where the Doormen had been camped out. It drags on for several long minutes before one of the bushes sweatdrops and leaps up into the air.

"Ah ha! You may have tricked me out of hiding, but it shall avail your evil hearts none!" the shrubbery calls out grandly, though by now the two maids could see the cloth-swaddled and cloaked man who had been cleverly crouched behind it in his white and blue robes...okay, so it was a mystery why they hadn't noticed him right away. "For now......you face....BISHOP LASANDAR, AVENGER OF THE WEAK!"

He flings the bush disguise to the side grandly, revealing a heroically chiseled face with grizzled five o' clock shadow and sparkling blue eyes. Of note are several large silver crosses that hang from his throat on weighted silver chains, all of which he lifts to shake ineffectively at Ciel.

"Now back vile hellspawn! BACK! Quiver in fear of divine retribution while I attend to your heartless mistress!" He seems ignorant of the waifish looking succubus with the large chest, for the moment anyway. If anything he interposes himself between the two, "Run free child! I'll hold this villain back as long as I can!!"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-14, 12:00 AM
Senoi clings to his shoulder, eyes wide with fear. Oh, thank you kind sir! That villain used me for her pleasure, again, and again, and again, and again. It's so exhilarating that I can finally be free of her clutches!

Her voice takes on an enchanting tone. Very, very, exhilarating...

[roll0]

PhoeKun
2010-08-14, 08:48 AM
"Hey..."

Ciel opens her mouth, holding up one hand as though she is about to gesture as part of making a point, but when the erstwhile Bishop begins to shake his crosses at her she freezes, dumbfounded.

"But I... hell...spawn?"

Ciel stands perfectly still, giving the bishop a quizzical and highly confused look. Seconds tick by idly as she struggles to come up with a response. But as she does that, the strange invader begins to take great care to "protect" Senoi from the wicked and tyrannical grasp of Ciel Jouet, Overlord of Hell. And then...

"Se-Senoi-sempai! I... you... h-hey! You were the one who looked up my skirt! If anybody's...

Run? Hold off? You... you..." Ciel's eyes pulse a deep crimson. "JERK! Do you have any idea how few humans Mistress Dynhat employs!? How hard it was to get this job? And you single me out as the evil demon!? ME? H-How can you...?"

For a brief moment, it looks like she's going to start to cry. But then the ground beneath her begins to crack and bubble (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVVNvhVnP74), scalding heat rippling in the air around her. Although she does not appear harmed by the pyrotechnic display, Ciel clutches her head desperately, stumbling a little on the rising landmass as it crystallizes and takes the form of the great winged cat once more. Veins of fiery red course through the sleek black glass of the creature's body, leading the eye up to the young woman standing on its shoulders.

"Aleksandra!"

The creature beats its razor wings, sending a wave of steam rolling over the pair standing before her. Ciel thrusts an accusatory finger towards the Bishop.

"Wicked man! Vile sinner! Prostrate yourself before the goddess and beg forgiveness!"

One massive paw swings down at him, seeking to rip and tear and crush, to pin him against the ground and make him writhe like a helpless little mouse in its grasp. The paw strikes the ground with a thunderclap, and the immediate area explodes in a column of fire and molten rock...

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-18, 01:51 PM
Ciel & Senoi

The good bishop seems understandably...confused at how the 'captive' is behaving, but that could be understood considering most damsels in distress weren't this friendly.

"Uh...well...that sounds..er...horrible?" He stammers out, brow furrowing as a glassy look begins to come into his eyes. Maybe this bishop wasn't as prepared as he should be for something like this. Then one of the numerous holy symbols he holds emits a blinding golden lift.

Then again, maybe he was.

But as Lasander bursts into golden flames, prompting Senoi to quickly let go, one just had to wonder how sound they were. His eyes, the only real thing to be seen, turn into white orbs surrounded by golden fire as he points an accusing finger at Senoi.

"You...you...YOU LADY OF THE EVENING! You tried to control my MIND! MY MIND IS INVIOLATE TO YOUR SLATTERNLY WAYS, THE LIGHT PROTECTS IT!...And really BURNS too!!" He howls, raising up his hand. In a flash of light a massive cross of white flame appears in his hand, leaning over one shoulder. "PREPARE TO BE SM...!!!"

Boom

That was the noise of a giant volcanic glass paw slamming a flaming priest into the ground and smothering the light of the flames with the cat's body. Only one of Lasander's arms was sticking out, twitching for a moment.

"Ow."

Aleksandra's paw shifts before it begins to lift, the trapped Lasander leveraging the paw up with his mace-cross.

"Sonuva...! That really stung! Don't you two know how this is supposed to do? I'm supposed to non-lethally subdue you both then go up to end the tyranny! If you two keep this up I won't be able to spare you two so you'll realize the depths of your evil and turn back to good!" He hollers, snatching one of the rounded holy symbols off of his neck and yanking it off the chain. "HA HA! MY PLOY TO DISTRACT YOU WITH MY TRUE INTENTIONS WORKED!"

In a flash he smashes the orb on the ground...and everything goes white.

Adelaide, Amelia, and Tanith

For just a moment the Redstone Caverns give a bit of a rumble, knocking over an urn close to Adelaide and Amelia that hadn't been there moments before...

Back at the explosion

When the light clears there's a big crater where the camp had been, smoke drifting up from the crater where it had occurred, leaving Ciel and Senoi in the ruins. Lasander himself has wondered over to the elevator, looking impatient.

"Rise.......Lift....Go!...Hover!.....Fly....Go UP DAMMIT!"
Lasander takes a total of 9 stress from both Senoi and Ciel.

Lasander uses Athletics to try and stun the two long enough to get the elevator moving and rolled a total of 30 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2654904/)

AmberVael
2010-08-19, 10:33 AM
Tanith

Hmmm. Doesn't look like her idea would be necessary. However... the sudden rumble alerts her at once. She is about to say something when the urn tumbles towards Amelia and Adelaide.

Quick as a snake, she leaps out to catch the urn before it hits the ground, or hits the two maids. No matter its contents, having it spill would be bad. Can't have that. But worse, what's up with this rumbling? If it happens again, all kinds of thing would be messed up in the cavern, and that was totally unacceptable.

But, got to catch the urn first.

Urn Protecting Leap! [roll0]

Hopefully it doesn't try and eat her, or maybe explode.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-19, 11:50 AM
Senoi

Senoi summons a sphere of dark hellfire, infernal energy to counter the holy attack. She pulls Ciel close to her to shield her from the attack.

[roll0]

nothingclever
2010-08-20, 08:38 AM
Adelaide was a little startled by the sudden rumbling but her senses remained intact. As Tanith dove for the urn she too noticed it and did the same.

[roll0]

PhoeKun
2010-08-20, 12:30 PM
Ciel is practically flung from Aleksandra's back and into Senoi's waiting arms. She clings to the other maid like a frightened child as the great obsidian cat wraps its wings around the pair to provide an additional layer of protection to Senoi's hellfire.

...The explosion is beyond words. But when the dust settles, everyone is still standing. Aleksandra's body is covered in fractal pattern crushes and fractures, cracks of varying sizes winding their way across her back and into her wings. Several of the huge black "feathers" jar loose and shatter on the ground. Wordlessly, the enormous cat shakes herself off and prowls out of the crater. Ciel keeps her eyes shut tight and her arms wrapped around Senoi's waist, not daring to look at what happens next.

Some evils, it seems, are not so easily snuffed out. Hisses of steam block out all hearing for a moment amidst horrific jets of flame pouring out from all angles of Aleksandra's body... and once the pyrotechnic display is over, the fissures in her body are sealed. Coal red eyes glare balefully at Lassander's cross/mace. Vile thing. Hateful thing. Snatch it up and tear it to pieces!

With a vicious roar, she lunges toward the elevator, smashing one superheated paw toward the bishop with indiscriminate hatred, not caring what else is destroyed so long so long as she can take that symbol of his power and his pride and grind it to dust, then crush that dust into his little tiny stupid insignificant eyeballs and drink his bloody tears and --

"I-it hurts..." Ciel whimpers.

Spending 2 points of Favor on this Athletics check. Please correct me if I'm doing this wrong for the umpteenth time

Athletics to disarm the Bishop of his weapon - [roll0]

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-20, 01:29 PM
When the dust clears, Senoi is in demon form again, tenderly cradling Ciel in her arms and wings to shield her from the shock and debris.

Hush, dear little Ciel. Your Sempai is here.

She sets Ciel down in a safe place and then spins to the bishop in an infernal fury. Her eyes and fingernails are glowing a hot red and she pulls a dinky little steak knife out from somewhere in her uniform, charging her enemy.

[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2010-08-24, 01:33 PM
Amelia

Amelia blinks as she sees the sudden urn falling. She quickly takes off her apron and attempts to use it to catch the urn safely, making a baseball-style slide for it.

[roll0]

((I have a feeling that it's going to be a three-maid pileup))

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-26, 02:39 PM
Tanith, Adelaide, and Amelia

BAM!

With a loud thud, Tannith and Adelaide collide headfirst against one another in pursuit of catching the urn, having leaped too soon to catch it but in surprising unison! If Toku had been there, she'd have applauded the teamwork demonstrated! But likely only because Amelia was able to catch it at the last moment, catching a glimpse of the inscription before placing it back in it's place.

Lord Dynhat I, the Extremely Unlucky.
Staked on an errant broom handle when he tripped.

Amelia gets 1 favor for saving the urn while Tannith and Adelaide take 5 and 6 stress respectfully (Tannith 5, Adelaide 6).

============

Ciel and Senoi

The priest looks up in surprise as the two rise mostly unharmed from his last attack, blinking in surprise before the massive winged-cat-thing leaped at him.

"STILL YOU PERSIST?!" Comes the booming voice, Lasander pulling back the flaming cross like it was a baseball bat to swat the cat away like...well...a baseball. Not that such a thing particularly HARMED the cat of volcanic glass, but at least he had some breathing room!

Room capitlized upon when Senoi darts in, slashing at him frantically with the dainty kitchen knife to leave a shallow cut on his arm.

"OW! OW! OW! That really stings, y'know?!" He howls, stamping his feet frantically...as the elevator shudders and finally begins to rise into the air with the maid and priest still on it. "...HAH! I KNEW THAT WAS THE PASSWORD ALL ALONG!

PhoeKun
2010-08-27, 10:43 AM
Aleksandra stares with narrowed eyes at the elevator as it carries her prey away from her, her snarl reverberating off the walls. Wretched, cowardly vermin... this would not stand. She tenses low to the ground, spreading her wings wide. But, a creature of obsidian like that must weigh a ton. Surely, she couldn't actually fly... could she?

She shoots straight up into the air, rocketing past the elevator with a single beat of the massive glass wings. Apparently, she could. She twists in mid air, and shoots down like a spear at the elevator, crashing down on top of it and lashing at the supports with her wings. Senoi and Lassander both can feel the material of the elevator heat up around them as Aleksandra seeks to bring the whole thing crashing down on top of them.

Meanwhile, Ciel sits shivering in the crater, attempting to hide herself and appear as small as possible. Her eyes are beginning to shift to a pure black, and she coughs violently.

"P-Please..."

Forgot the Atheltics roll - Result of 12 to destroy the elevator (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2665277/). I really hope that does it, I'm tired of Lassander getting all the awesome points...

nothingclever
2010-08-27, 10:46 PM
Adelaide picked herself up as if nothing happened. Her vampiric endurance allowed her to easily shrug off the collision. "S-sorry Tanith," said the little vampire timidly with her head bowed slightly toward her fanged fellow. She turned to Amelia and straightened up. "Nice catch... I wonder what caused that quake. Maybe we should check on the others."

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-27, 10:53 PM
No, stop, that's the Lady's property!

Searching for something she can use to stop the bad cat with, Senoi spots the platter of pancakes still sitting on the elevator. She scoops it up and presents to the best, standing straight even though her flapping wings are carrying her aloft, the model of a perfect servant.

[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2010-08-31, 11:47 AM
Amelia

Amelia ponders the inscription. What could that have possibly meant?

She looks at the two vampires who had just collided. "Err... Are both of you okay? " Though, knowing vampires, they probably are. They seemed to be a lot more powerful thank humans. It's then that Amelia remembers that Ciel and her were the only humans on this giant floating rock.

"I think so." Amelia says, extending a hand to help Tanith up.

PhoeKun
2010-08-31, 08:45 PM
As suddenly as the assault began, it ceases. Aleksandra regards Senoi and her offering of pancakes curiously before at long last nodding her head, evidently appeased. She seats herself regally before the offering, and... explodes into a shower of obsidian, raining volcanic glass down all over the place.

Meanwhile, Ciel has finally clawed her way out of the crater. She is shaking as she tries to stand up, but quickly doubles over in pain and a horrific coughing fit. She throws up while leaning on her hands and knees, and her blood is plainly evident on the ground. She shakes, wobbles, and collapses, curling up as she sobs in open panic...

Stab in the dark:

Affection - look really pathetic so that Lassander will be too moved by pity to continue his assassination attempt: [roll0]

AmberVael
2010-09-02, 07:51 PM
Tanith

Tanith doesn't accept Amelia's hand, grumbling as she stands and brushes herself off.
"They can take care of themselves, but if you want to go, by all means, go."
She is not in a good mood, apparently.

Shades of Gray
2010-09-02, 10:54 PM
Amelia

Amelia retracts her hand, dusting off her apron. How rude... She thought to herself. Apparently not all vampires are the suave, aristocratic type... The human thinks, before looking at the smaller vampire. Apparently some are sort of adorable though. In an icky vampire sort of way...

Come, Adelaide. Let's go see what the others are up to... The maid says as she begins walking away, thinking of the possible danger, the rudeness of certain vampires, and the inscription on the vase.

nothingclever
2010-09-02, 11:46 PM
"Alright." Adelaide hurried over to Amelia's side and followed her. "I hope they're okay," she said somewhat worriedly.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-04, 05:13 PM
Adelaide, Amelia, & Senoi

The two maids hurry through the halls of the Caverns, heading up towards the extravagant garden they had first seen when they had first arrived at this peculiar base. When they've finally reach it, they can smell, and see, heavy smoke hanging thick in the air and rising up from below. There's no sight of Ciel or Senoi at first...until the flaming elevator swings up into sight and settles into it's place. Atop it is Senoi...and a burning man with an equally burning weapon shouldered and one of shock at the sights before him.

"T-t-this...! Look at this garden of evil! So much of it! Those tulips! EVIL! Roses? EVIL! The two girls in...huh?" He's paused mid-rant, eying the two new arrivals suspiciously before glancing back at Senoi. Abruptly his big weapon swings across towards her, almost idly.

Lasander with an Athletics roll against Senoi: [roll0]

EvilRoeSlade
2010-09-04, 06:31 PM
Adelaide, be careful! He's wearing enough holy symbols to burn hell to the ground!

Senoi ducks with demonic grace and, being a good maid who has catologued every flower in the Mistress's garden, knows which of the evil tulips are actually dangerous. She plucks a spore flower and squeezes it, releasing a cloud of poison in the Bishop's face.

nothingclever
2010-09-05, 08:14 PM
Adelaide was shocked to suddenly see the strange man attacking Senoi but she could easily guess what was going on by what she had said. He must be some kind of adventurer set on taking their lives instead of merely Toku's treasure. Adelaide had naturally heard of vampire hunters and other such people that waged war with the supernatural before. It didn't matter to her whether Toku had done something to make him justifiably angry with them. Right now all she cared about was defending her fellow maid and monster. The little vampire readied her mace and swung it at him as hard as she could. "Leave her alone!"
[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2010-09-06, 08:51 PM
Amelia

Amelia blinks, having only a moment to react. Her first instinct lead to her taking her crossbow off of her back and getting down on one knee to have better balance. She takes aim for the flaming man and launched a bolt.

[roll0]

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-12, 08:57 PM
Lasander blinks as Senoi puffs the rose in his face, nose screwing up for a long moment.

"Ah...AH...ACHOO!" He sneezes loudly, sending out a small gout of flame that incinerates evil flower that the succubus had been holding, the priest reaching up to wipe his noise, "A-A flower? I'm on fire and you try using a fl-fl-flower? Look what you've done bothersome demon, you've gone and triggered my allergies."

The bishop wipes his nose again, the quickly fired crossbow bolt rebounding off of the flaming cross as his head swivels to appraise Amelia curiously, head tilting to the side.

"What the...? Hey, how come you're diff...?"

WHAM!

At about that time Adelaide's mace smacks off the Bishop's head, making it snap forward and ending his question as he teeters and falls over, unconscious as a brick.

========================

Tannith

The Caverns seem much more lonely now that all of the other maids had hustled up topside to see what the commotion is, what with the only other things being left down below now were the guardian monsters, traps, and the maintenance goblins/gremlins. Oh, and Tanith but the two vampires rarely seemed to...

Like some psychic beacon had been sounded, the Lady Dynhat rounded the corner ahead of Tanith with a look of concern in her eyes.

"Ah, Tanith-chan...I had thought I'd find you changing the linens by now like you usually are. Is something the matter?" She asks concernedly.

AmberVael
2010-09-13, 08:48 PM
Tanith

Tanith sighs at the lady's question.
"Your new maids are a handful and a nuisance. They've only been getting in my way so far."
She says roughly, crossing her arms.
"Was Senoi really not capable of handling it all? Is this really necessary?"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-09-14, 03:37 AM
C-Ciel... Senoi can't breathe another word, she takes flight with such speed that it sends a wave of shock to muss the other maid's hair. Bypassing the elevator entirely, she flies deftly down the shaft until she's back at her ward's side, cradling Ciel in her arms and examining what wounds she may have.

nothingclever
2010-09-14, 09:10 PM
"I guess that does it," said Adelaide sounding somewhat surprised. She thought dealing with the man would've been harder. She walked over to the edge of the elevator entrance and called out. "Uh, are you alright down there?"

PhoeKun
2010-09-14, 09:51 PM
By the time Senoi reaches her, Ciel is only semi conscious. Her eyes have now turned white, and they stare vacantly forward, seeing nothing. At first glance she appears dead, but that can't be right -- her heart is clearly beating. In fact, upon further inspection she seems to have avoided picking up any major injuries. If she wasn't mostly passed out she would probably be perfectly fine. Being picked up jostles her a little, though, and that seems to make her stir.

Slowly, very slowly, several colors return to her eyes. She starts to cough again, accidentally spitting a minute amount of blood on Senoi's face. She gives her sempai a glassy stare.

"...what happened?" she inquires weakly.

Shades of Gray
2010-09-15, 09:26 PM
Amelia

Amelia stood up and corrected her appearance, dusting off her clothes and fixing the hair-ific disaster that remained in the wake of the gust of wind. "Adelaide, don't get too close." She said with worry, putting the giant crossbow on her back. "He looks dangerous... Maybe we should report him to the mistress?"

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-16, 01:04 PM
Tanith

The lady gives a soft chuckle, shaking her head at Tanith's words.

"Where you so different when you first came here Tanith-chan? They'll learn, in time, how to keep things in line." She says gently, approaching the other vampire and reaching up to pat her on the shoulder, "Besides, you know that poor Senoi was being over-worked with just the two of you to look after things. I was running the poor thing ragged with errands!"

The lady's attempts to mollify her disgruntled maid aside, the vampire woman seems a just a bit distracted, like a fly was buzzing at the back of her mind.

"Speaking of, where are those girls?"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-09-16, 09:38 PM
Senoi

Senoi lifts Ciel up very gently, cradling her against her body. Ssshh. The point of her tail presses against Ciel's lips in a hushing motion briefly, before flicking away. You were knocked out during the fight. But that winged cat thing helped out. That doesn't really account for your injuries though. I don't understand. Where does it hurt?

nothingclever
2010-09-16, 10:17 PM
Adelaide took a few steps back. "I think so. I wonder if she'll recognize him from somewhere. I think we should carry him along with us in case he wakes up so he can't run around and cause trouble while unattended." The seemingly little girl grabbed the bizarre man's hand in preparation for dragging him along.

Shades of Gray
2010-09-17, 09:19 PM
Amelia

Amelia nodded, agreeing with Adelaide's proposed course of action. She took position on the other side of the man to help the vampire lift him. "It would be a lot easier to understand whats's happening if Ciel and Senoi hadn't disappeared like that." Amelia remarked with a frown.

nothingclever
2010-09-18, 12:46 AM
"Yeah. Oh well, we'll get to hear what they have to say eventually." And so they went off to search for their master jointly lugging around the intruder in the form of an indirect hand holding.

PhoeKun
2010-09-19, 10:40 AM
Ciel's cheeks flush underneath Senoi's ministrations, particularly when she finds her senior coworker's tail pressed up against her lips. She opens her mouth to protest... and finds she can't. So she relaxes into Senoi's grasp instead, averting her eyes so that nobody can see how sad they look. She sighs softly.

"I... I'll be ok. I just... when She gets angry, sometimes She takes it out on my body. She doesn't always like me very much; She likes to make the decisions." Ciel pauses, trying to catch her breath. She gestures toward her stomach.

"I think she burned me somewhere around here this time... I'll be ok, though! I can still work, please don't tell Lady Dynhat! I just need to rest... just for a couple minutes..."

And with that, Ciel's eyes drift shut and she lays still, snuggled up against Senoi.

AmberVael
2010-09-19, 09:37 PM
Tanith

Tanith bristles a little at the suffix. That was definitely not how to address her- she was Tanith! Devourer of holy and unholy, invincible monster from the unknown! She was not Tanith-chan. She nearly growls, seeking a way to answer the Lady's question in a way that will show her just what she thinks, and then the question dawned on her.
When she first arrived? What was she like when she first arrived anyway? When was it? Tanith speaks evasively, her anger lost in her confusion and attempt to keep appearances up.
"I was never one of your maids, however. Weren't they hired for this purpose?
"And last I saw, they were all going to the elevator. Some kind of commotion in that direction."

EvilRoeSlade
2010-09-20, 04:29 PM
Oh, Ciel. Senoi gives the unconscious maid a tender look. She leans forward, lips parting, and then abruptly remembers herself, giving Ciel a chaste kiss on the brow instead of the lips.

Once again bypassing the elevator, she takes flight and returns to the castle, seeking to regroup with the others.