PDA

View Full Version : Robe of Professions [Races of Eberron]

Scarey Nerd
2010-07-28, 03:46 PM
This wondrous item is made with two patches, and plucking one triggers the robe to disguise itself. My question is this: Can additional patches be added to make a more complete disguise?

Races of Eberron, page 173.

Scarey Nerd
2010-07-28, 06:03 PM
Shameless self-bump.

FuryOfMetal
2010-07-28, 07:09 PM
I don't see why not. IIRC there are alot of patches on the varying "robes of tearing patches off to get stuff" but i always think why shouldn't I add more? Or replenish them?

Maybe it could take Craft Wondorous Item? And a small craft check as you're y'know...sewing.

Kyeudo
2010-07-28, 07:33 PM
It doesn't have two patches, it has two patches of each type listed. Given that there are at least ten types there, it has plenty of patches.

grarrrg
2010-07-28, 09:08 PM
*hem*
"Patches? We don't need no stinking patches!"

Scarey Nerd
2010-07-29, 04:40 AM
It doesn't have two patches, it has two patches of each type listed. Given that there are at least ten types there, it has plenty of patches.

It does? Oh, excellent, in which case that leads to the question: Would Craft Wondrous Item replenish said patches? I'm playing a Changeling Rogue but I should hopefully be good friends with the Wizard who will make me the Robe in the first place, so could a small fee accomplish this?

Edit: It doesn't say that when you pluck a patch that it is "used up", or plucked off, so maybe there are two patches for ease of access or something? I'm hoping that's the case... :smallsmile:

Prime32
2010-07-29, 05:33 AM
I'd say create a new robe when that one's exhausted, and say you repaired it.

Or if you've used up half the patches, pay half the cost.

Scarey Nerd
2010-07-29, 01:46 PM
Hmm, I think I am going to ask my DM if, for maybe triple the price, I can have a robe that doesn't run out of patches, because if I use one disguise a lot and another rarely, it's a waste of money in the extreme.

Kyeudo
2010-07-29, 02:51 PM
Better suggestion than the Robe: get a Vestment of Many Styles. It can limitlessly shift into any type of clothing you want. The only thing it doesn't do is produce props.

Scarey Nerd
2010-07-29, 02:54 PM
Better suggestion than the Robe: get a Vestment of Many Styles. It can limitlessly shift into any type of clothing you want. The only thing it doesn't do is produce props.

I'm going to start with it if I don't think the Robe is worth it, but it only gives +2 disguise rather than +5

Kyeudo
2010-07-29, 03:57 PM
Which is a drop in the bucket, given your +10 racial bonus.

Scarey Nerd
2010-07-29, 03:58 PM
Which is a drop in the bucket, given your +10 racial bonus.

True, but my ultimate goal is to get to Rogue 20/Assassin 10 with +55 disguise or above.

Jaeger
2010-07-29, 09:06 PM
If you're getting the robe for the bonus to disguise why not just get a hat of disguise?
actually, let's assume you're just a level 10 rogue for a minute who kept disguise maxed out.
+10 racial bonus
+10 enhancement bonus (from the hat)
+2 circumstance (disguise kit natch)
+13 actual ranks.
+2 stat modifier seem innocent enough for the moment.
+3 skill focus. Seeing as you're focused on disguise this seems appropriate
+2 synergy bonus from 5 ranks in Bluff

and we get to +42, only 13 shy of your level 30 goal. And that's not taking into account any stat boosting items you might get your hands on. Also at level 10 you can take skill mastery to be able to take 10 on disguise meaning people will have to make a dc 52 sense motive/spot/listen to be able to even notice something is off.

So yeah, my vote is get the hat, it does everything you want. :smallwink:

edit: math failure. it's fixed now.