PDA

View Full Version : League of Legends D20

Milskidasith
2010-07-28, 11:38 PM
Well, I've finally decided to make some homebrew, for the good people over at the League of Legends thread, and because I figured it might be cool. So I've decided to attempt to stat some of the champions from League of Legends over time, starting with our first champion, Cho'Gath.

http://media.curse.com/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/127284/News/chogath2_render.jpg"]http://media.curse.com/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/127284/News/chogath2_render.jpg

Cho'Gath, Terror of the Void:

You are such hideous creatures!

Size/Type: Huge Aberration
Hit Die: 20d8+240 (330)
Speed: 40 ft. 8 Squares; Fly Speed 40 feet (perfect).*
Initiative: +7
Armor Class: 26; touch 11; flat-footed 25
(+3 Dex, -2 Size, +17 Natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +15/+38
Attack: Bite +25 Melee (3d6+16)
Full-Attack: Bite +25 Melee (3d6+16) + 2 claws +23 melee (2d6+5)
Space: 15 ft.; Reach 20 ft.
Special Attacks: Rupture, Vorpal Spikes, Feral Scream, Feast
Special Qualities: Improved Grab, Rend, immunity to poison, disease, energy drain, mind affecting abilities, fear ability damage, Fast Healing 15, scent, spell resistance 25, extra reach
Saves: Fort +18 Ref +9 Will +14
Abilities Str 32, Dex 17, Con 35, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10 (Normal) 25 (Gentlemen)
Skills:: Profession: Suit Making +25
Feats: Multiattack, Weapon Focus (Claw), Weapon Focus (Bite), Improved Natural Attack (Claw), Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple
Environment: The Void
Challenge Rating: X
Treasure: None, or a Cane, Suit, and Top Hat worth 20,000 gold.
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Combat:

Rupture (Su)
As a standard action, Cho'Gath may launch all enemies within a thirty foot burst into the air as spikes burst from the ground and launch them upwards. The enemies are tossed thirty feet into the air and are affected as if they are dazed for one round. Enemies may avoid the entire effect with a DC 22 reflex save. This save is constitution based.

Vorpal Spikes (Ex)
Every round, after an attack Cho'Gath may launch a set of spikes in a 30 foot cone. These spikes deal 5d6+5 damage and a character may take half damage by making a DC 22 Reflex Save. This DC is constitution based.

Feral Scream (Su)
As a standard action, Cho'Gath may affect all enemies within a 40 foot cone as if they had been hit by a targeted silence spell by unleashing a terrible scream, except the enemies take an additional 10d6+10 damage and the duration is only two rounds. He may use this ability every three rounds. Enemies may avoid this with a DC 22 will save. This DC is constitution based.

Feast (Su)
As a full round action, Cho'Gath may attempt to consume an enemy whole. Cho'Gath makes a touch attack against the enemy. If the attack succeeds and the enemy has less than sixty HP remaining, they are instantly slain. If not, the enemy loses 60 HP, which cannot be resisted in any way, including by regeneration. An enemy slain this way leaves behind neither body nor soul, and can only be revived by use of a Wish or Miracle spell or direct divine intervention. If Cho'Gath kills an enemy this way, he immediately gains sixty temporary HP and increases in size one category, except he does not suffer any penalties (AC, attack, or Dexterity) for increasing in size. This temporary size increase lasts 10 minutes. Cho'Gath may use this ability once every six rounds.

Improved Grab (Ex)
If Cho'Gath hits with a bite or claw attack, he may attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Rend (Ex)
If Cho'Gath hits with two or more claw attacks, he tears his opponent's flesh, dealing an additional 2d6+11 damage.

Extra Reach (Ex) Cho'Gath has a reach ten feet greater than normal for a creature of his size.

Additionally, here are the summoner spells (not really spells). All of them are Su, and every champion has any of the two spells listed. They are all activated as a free action that can be taken out of turn, and may be used once per encounter. Certain spells have been modified to be more balanced in D&D (Exhaust has a longer duration, Ghost gives full out noclip, revive has been removed, Fortify makes no sense, etc.)

Exhaust: One enemy is blinded, no save, for two rounds, and treated as if they were under the effects of a slow spell for the duration. This may be used once every ten rou

Ghost: For two rounds, the user of this spell is treated as being ethereal whenever beneficial, and all movement speeds are tripled.

Heal: The champion using this spell is healed for one third of his maximum HP, and all allies within fifty feet are healed for half that amount.

Smite: The champion may instantly deal six times its level in damage to any non "Champion" character (Hard to define, but: Cohorts, Animal Companions, etc. don't count as champions.. Class levelled NPCs probably do unless they are significantly below the champion using the spell in hit dice. Player controlled class level characters cannot be affected)

Teleport: The champion may move to any allied unit instantly.

Cleanse: IHS, except it can even be used when you couldn't take an action.

Clarity: All of the champions abilities come off cooldown.

Ignite: The champion may cause one unit to take damage equal to half the champion's hit dice every round for six rounds, and all healing effects on the target are halved.

Rally: All allied units within thirty feet of the champion (including the champion itself) gain fast healing 10 or have their current fast healing improved by ten, and gain an untyped +5 bonus to damage.

Clarivoyance: The creature gains mindsight 60' for three rounds.

Flash: The champion may instantly teleport anywhere within sixty feet. This can be used to avoid ranged attacks, and may be done once every three rounds instead of once per encounter.

Well, thoughts? This was pretty much whipped out on a whim, and I'm pretty sure I have no clue how to balance the champions so they could fight each other equally in a D20 setting, especially because of how different things are valued in each game, but I'll try my best to make any champions I stat out retain their feel, at the least.

*The fly speed on Cho'Gath is only there because without it, he'd be incredibly easy to simply avoid.

TheThan
2010-07-29, 01:49 AM
Well I like it, though I don’t know if you should include the summoner abilities. Since they aren’t native to the champion and all. Other than that, I like it, specially the suit making bit. lets see, next I’d like your take on a Yordle, Veiger maybe?

Poison_Fish
2010-07-29, 03:29 AM
I wouldn't make him immune to poison and diseases entirely, since some opposing characters would use damage of that sort.

Milskidasith
2010-07-29, 08:58 AM
I wouldn't make him immune to poison and diseases entirely, since some opposing characters would use damage of that sort.

Poison and Disease in League of Legends are all DoT (or, I guess for Vlad, Damage after time), not the ability damage they typically are, so I don't feel bad about giving him immunity.

The Tygre
2010-07-30, 03:35 AM
Just a heads up, your image is broken.