PDA

View Full Version : Favored Soul of Thor

joe
2010-07-29, 03:33 AM
So I'm looking to make a favored soul of Thor. At level 8, I was wondering what would be a good list of spells for the character that would generally fit the theme (strength, lightning, heroism, etc.) I have a good selection of books, but not much time to look through them to come up with a spell selection. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. ^_^

Thanks guys.

BooNL
2010-07-29, 05:12 AM
Check out the Stormlord PrC in Complete Divine. You can refluff the Talos requirement (as stated in the PrC itself).

Very flavourful for a Favoured Soul of a storm god.

As for spells, there aren't that many lightning flavoured spells for divine casters, I think most of them you can find in the Spell Compendium. Being a FS, you'd have to decide whether to focus on spells that have a DC or not. You have two casting stats, Wis and Cha. You can effectively ignore one of these stats, however you wouldn't be able to cast any spells requiring DCs such as Hold Person.

I suggest you pick mostly self (and party) buffing spells, load up a couple of lightning spells for flavour and go to town!

Eldan
2010-07-29, 05:16 AM
If you are a dwarf, you could also go into Hammer of Moradin (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20040305a), which is pretty nice.

But anyway, you were looking for spells. Divine Might turns you into a budget fighter, so start with that one. The Animal's Attribute spells are pretty good as well on the lower levels, before everyone has stat-enhancement gear. Enlarge person is nice if you really want to smack someone around starting at level 1 (and just look at Durkon. It's cool.)

If you want to be quick in your selection, I'd recommend taking out the Spell Compendium and instead of reading the cleric's spell list, which is enormous, reading the list of domains. If something has a name like "Weather", you know the spells in it will fit.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-29, 05:42 AM
Check out the Stormlord PrC in Complete Divine. You can refluff the Talos requirement (as stated in the PrC itself).

Very flavourful for a Favoured Soul of a storm god.

I was actually thinking of doing just that but with a cleric. Talk to your DM about changing javelin to light hammer and spear to war hammer seeing as how they fit Thor better.

Person_Man
2010-07-29, 09:05 AM
Shameless plug for my Favored Soul homebrew fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57097).