PDA

View Full Version : Worst PC name you've ever seen [Any System]

MoelVermillion
2010-07-29, 10:09 AM
Picking a name for your PC can be one of the hardest parts of character creation, if you pick something too mundane (outside of modern settings) it can sound really lame but on the other hand if you over do the originality of it it can end up really stupid sounding or completely unpronounceable. This thread is for those names that just ended up bad.

In my role playing group we have one player that has trouble role playing, he is great in combat and can optimize characters really well, he enjoys watching the other players role play but when his character is put into a social situation he just locks up and gives one word responses. The role playing trouble extends as far as name picking goes and he usually just boots up a video game and merges two character names together to name his character. One time however he had a burst of inspiration and thought up his own name for his melee beat stick character.

Maximus Strike, no, really. He called his fighter Maximus Strike :smallannoyed:. The DM allowed it too.

Anyway what are some bad PC names you guys have come across?

RE:Insanity
2010-07-29, 10:11 AM
Sir Varrus of Varra.
Mugglebop.
Greenstink the Dark.

Prodan
2010-07-29, 10:12 AM
Biggus Dickus

Kurald Galain
2010-07-29, 10:14 AM
Posting the worst PC names I've seen would violate forum rules.

That said, I've met several players who would base each character name on some stupid pun that would fall flat after five minutes. The silliest was probably this one player who insisted his character did not have a name, and brought that up at every opportunity. Of course, it didn't take us long to simply name him Steve just to get it over with.

AslanCross
2010-07-29, 10:15 AM
Holden Magroen, son of Spotson Magroen, and brother of Loven Magroen. :smallsigh:

I think my player even put together a large family tree that included a sister or cousin named "Caressen" somewhere (which is actually a cool name if separated from the surname).

M0rdain
2010-07-29, 10:17 AM
It was LARPing rather than an RPG, but myself and a friend had characters called Ronnie & Reggie Cray. It was a bad day for imagination. :smalltongue:

AmberVael
2010-07-29, 10:27 AM
Fizzlestomp.

Well, okay, it wasn't actually a PC. It was the name of an NPC in some third party book I found at GenCon.

It became a PC name when I used it for a joke character.

But seriously- Fizzlestomp? The guy in the book was supposed to be a pharaoh or something, too. It was ridiculous.

n00b killa
2010-07-29, 10:28 AM
Holden Magroen

Jeje, gotta admit that's a bit funny.

akma
2010-07-29, 10:29 AM
I saw a player call his character homo.

thompur
2010-07-29, 10:30 AM
Bubba Mandrill, The Best of Rangers.

A Druid named Busty Birchbugger.

Aotrs Commander
2010-07-29, 10:32 AM
There is of course the "legendary":
Sir Boblobgenugernugertwentytwoeightyonedoomfluberflub erhibbyhobbyningnongsillysollynoonar.

Sir Bob for short. (Apparently a name so long, the forum software struggles with it...)

Who was in a Middle-Earth party, of all things...

We were relatively young at the time, before I started enforcing PCs should have sensible names... (And that particular player was a rather casual one at that.)

onthetown
2010-07-29, 10:34 AM
Morning.

At first glance, it's not a bad name.

But it was playing off of a joke that our DM had -- when the party would wake up from camping, the DM would always announce that, "Morning comes."

Morning was a knight, so before the party went to bed there was, "Night falls..." He always managed to hurt himself before going to sleep.

Xallace
2010-07-29, 10:36 AM
Worst-worst, or best-worst? Because "Skittles Ferretmessiah," "Fabio the Destroyer," and "Mittens" (applied to a warforged juggernaut, so called for his hobby of knitting mittens) are a few of my favorites, and they are hardly good names.

The Poet
2010-07-29, 10:37 AM
Not exactly a bad name, but each and every dwarf that I play is part of a huge extended family that crosses campaigns. My most recent one was Glod Glodsonsonson III II XXVII. (Apologies if the numerals are incorrect)

Coplantor
2010-07-29, 10:38 AM
A friend of mine named his character like a certain part of the male body, but in spanish. Another friend of mine called his warmage, well, Sexy Warmage, it's cool though. Oh, and Coplantor, I looked around mself when naming that character and saw a corridor full of plants CO-PLANT-OR I just got rrid off the middle (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IncrediblyLamePun) :smallwink:

Critical
2010-07-29, 10:39 AM
Santa the Barbarian... :smallsigh:

mangosta71
2010-07-29, 10:40 AM
Ricardo Provolgne is the worst I've seen someone use IRL. Online, there are too many awful, verisimilitude-breaking names to shake a stick at, and I can shake a pretty big stick pretty hard.

hamlet
2010-07-29, 10:40 AM
Sir Thodar Thadeus Thinder IV, son of Sir Thodar Thadeus Thinder III, hero of the battle of long shrubs, hero of . . .

Literally, his name and title went on for an entire side of a page, single spaced and took him a full 5 minutes to recite, which he would do at the drop of a hat.

He was a paladin, who also happened to be a pirate.

Tremendously amusing, but at some point, NPC's started hearing stories about him and would come to battle prepared with a silence spell. It was the quickest way to take him out of a battle since he refused to participate unless he could recite his title in full and preventing that was simply unchivalrous.

Xallace
2010-07-29, 10:42 AM

If someone's gonna play Santa, at least name the Nicholas, Kris, or Brigadier General Gunther Klaus. I mean, really. Santa?

senrath
2010-07-29, 10:42 AM

To be fair, that one's from a comic.

FlyingWhale
2010-07-29, 10:44 AM
I was in a party for a little over a year and my good friend at the time named his lawful stupid hound archon paladin which we played in the 3.5 Ravenloft campaign... Red October... He also liked the name Bitey. We played a very serious campaign until that day he made the archon. Game ended 3 sessions later because nobody took anything seriously anymore.

He acted like a dog and barked and growled for those last 4 sessions...RED OCTOBER!!!

His previous character was named (this was in 2006 mind you) Sovereign Sheppard. Sigh.

Same game we had a girl name her Elven Ranger Trixxxie Strips. I believed she named her bow The Meat Pole...

If anyone read Worst Player Ever -locked- LC's current character is named Muad'dib and he is a Fremen, whose father is the king of the Fey and his mother the queen of the Elves. Thus giving him two Deity parents. He is level 5 and totally incompetent and has been ordered to destroy three Fiendish Trolls (as per template) that have all made several Infernal Pacts (as per feats) so they are immune to Acid and Fire.

My character was named Epiphris Augeres... and he was badass.

Critical
2010-07-29, 10:50 AM
To be fair, that one's from a comic.
The guy who played it based it off the Santa Barbara, actually.

Snake-Aes
2010-07-29, 10:53 AM
Jesus Ramon Jose Andreas Slasher.

Gametime
2010-07-29, 10:57 AM
A player in a Star Wars game I was running a few years ago wanted to have the name "Garth Vader." It was vetoed.

Then there was the player who named his D&D character "Morannon." Not particularly world-breaking, and he was going for a standard fantasy-sounding name, but the entire campaign it just sounded like we were mispronouncing "moron" whenever we referred to him.

CorvinMarkellus
2010-07-29, 11:05 AM
Thundar IV

Bear in mind, this guy was using the same character sheet that had represented Thundars 1-3. Every time he died, a "long lost relative" mysteriously showed up within a couple of minutes.

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-29, 11:05 AM
One of the guys in my group brings his kid to the games sometimes. He named his character Tony Stark... in a D&D game. :smallsigh:

n00b killa
2010-07-29, 11:14 AM
One of the guys in my group brings his kid to the games sometimes. He named his character Tony Stark... in a D&D game. :smallsigh:

To be fair, Thommas Stark does sound quite good

The was a Jedy on a on-shot starwars I once played who had his master called "Jedy Master Juan Carlos"

DementedFellow
2010-07-29, 11:17 AM
I once played a dwarven fighter who could only say his name.

His name was "AUCH! Indignation." Yes a really powerful "AUCH!" followed by a somewhat mellower Indignation.

Hilarity ensued.

Coplantor
2010-07-29, 11:18 AM
My current character has no name yet

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-29, 11:19 AM
To be fair, Thommas Stark does sound quite good

How did you get Thommas from Tony? :smallconfused:

Tony is short for Anthony.

Lhurgyof
2010-07-29, 11:20 AM
A multitude of Half-Ogre barbarians with really crappy names... -sigh-

woodenbandman
2010-07-29, 11:23 AM
I have a character named Jack Daniels.

Guess what he does.

Coplantor
2010-07-29, 11:24 AM

You reminded me of a character named Dio at our current game

Tiki Snakes
2010-07-29, 11:25 AM
A very close friend of mine is a slightly serial offender on this subject.

The two highlights are His Dwarven Air-Pirate and his Hobgoblin Warrior-King.

Which is to say, Fats Bosgrunt and Rapple Dapple Dabble, respectively. No kidding.

Fats had a pet mini-pig, and "King" Rapple Dapple Dabble was obsessed with his Coffee Mug, which had something along the lines of "Infernal Spawn of Evil" on it.

Lhurgyof
2010-07-29, 11:27 AM
You reminded me of a character named Dio at our current game

:o

I have a bard named Dio in a game. He uses a long sword and a shield and such... I hope you're not making fun of the great DIO. D:

http://www.stylesectionla.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/dio.jpg
:smalltongue:

FlyingWhale
2010-07-29, 11:29 AM
Had a character named Dawn The De-Greaser once... I like to think he was bigoted against Italians.

Guy named Jon once made a ranger naming him Bill Brasky. That game ended for him pretty quickly after no one would shut up for hours.

Psyx
2010-07-29, 11:31 AM
No love for 'Eric the Cleric' yet?

Coplantor
2010-07-29, 11:33 AM

Ha, you reminded me of an NPC of mine, Eduardo el Bardo.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-07-29, 11:33 AM
Not the worst, as each was appropriate to the tone of that particular campaign, but...

Krog Angry
Gimby Fodshingles
Sledgemamma

Yora
2010-07-29, 11:41 AM
Ricardo Provolgne is the worst I've seen someone use IRL. Online, there are too many awful, verisimilitude-breaking names to shake a stick at, and I can shake a pretty big stick pretty hard.
Oh, the things we've seen in GuildWars... :smallbiggrin:
I best remember "Pommes Rot Weiß" (Fries red white) and "Asperin Plus C" (an asperin brand).

I loved it when someone on this forum named his dwarf monk build "Beardfist Fistbeard".

Beelzebub1111
2010-07-29, 11:49 AM
James Luke Janeaway the Ranger, and his animal companion Kathryn Tiberius Picard.

Ha, you reminded me of an NPC of mine, Eduardo el Bardo.
And Becket the Mekhet and Platu Platu the Nosferatu.

Lhurgyof
2010-07-29, 11:50 AM
I love naming Dwarves.

Thorin Shovel-Duster

Igbon Slickbeard

Tyderious Rockmuncher

Beardy McDwarfenstein

Siosilvar
2010-07-29, 11:58 AM
I love naming Dwarves.

Thorin Shovel-Duster

Igbon Slickbeard

Tyderious Rockmuncher

Beardy McDwarfenstein

Urist McAxe.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-29, 12:02 PM
Bob. Yes, Bob. Followed by Bob. And then the third worst would have the be Bob... the Magi. My group doesn't take the game very seriously, but this guy is takes it to exasperating levels. Especially when he tried to make his character the manliest person in the world, scourge of gods... Bob.

I suppose in my friend's campaign, my character, SPIRIT OF MANLINESS isn't much better, but the plot is that we're taking down Colonel Germane Sanders, son of the famous Colonel Sanders, and his zombifying fried chicken apocalypse. Not exactly the most serious campaign (but it certainly IS fun)!

Chanmanm8
2010-07-29, 12:02 PM
One of the epic groups I was in a few years ago played an evil Fiendish minotaur in the group.

He named him Moocifer........:smallsigh:

Edit: forgot to add Fiendish

Rannil
2010-07-29, 12:04 PM
Mailitl' Pwony

On a Centaur...

Dogmantra
2010-07-29, 12:05 PM

Guess what he does.

Adventures and kills monsters?

Tankadin
2010-07-29, 12:06 PM
Biggus Dickus

What's so bad about that? I have a great friend in Rome named Biggus Dickus.

Tiki Snakes
2010-07-29, 12:10 PM
A very close friend of mine is a slightly serial offender on this subject.

The two highlights are His Dwarven Air-Pirate and his Hobgoblin Warrior-King.

Which is to say, Fats Bosgrunt and Rapple Dapple Dabble, respectively. No kidding.

Fats had a pet mini-pig, and "King" Rapple Dapple Dabble was obsessed with his Coffee Mug, which had something along the lines of "Infernal Spawn of Evil" on it.

Further info; The Hobgoblin King was named after my friend's Raspberry and Apple drink. The DM kept mangling the name "Rapple" so we just ended up tacking on all three versions so that the DM would be right whatever he said. :smallsmile:

And he considers his portly pirate 'Fats Bosgrunt' to be a serious name. That's him trying.

hotel_papa
2010-07-29, 12:11 PM
A friend in my Star Wars: Saga Edition game made a droid named B-SUD. It stands for Blow (Stuff) Up Droid. So-Bad-It's-Good.

Lhurgyof
2010-07-29, 12:14 PM
Mailitl' Pwony

On a Centaur...

Ha! xD

I had a character named Annie D'naehm. The DM asked what my name was and I responded "I need a name". xP

Chanmanm8
2010-07-29, 12:15 PM
Evil Fiendish Minotaur: Moocifer
Female Elf: Massivecans
Half-Orc Barbarian: Orc-gasm
Female Druid: Threeslotbag
Blaster Wizard: Urassonfiya
Ranger: Kumschot
Bard: FittyCent

.......:smallsigh:

jiriku
2010-07-29, 12:16 PM
For an L5R character in the Rokugan campaign setting: Mirumoto McCloud.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-29, 12:17 PM
Jon Bicep: he was a gnome

Fitz10019
2010-07-29, 12:20 PM
One player in our campaign named his character... the DM's first name. Maybe he was going for the psychological effect of the DM not wanting to hurt himself. The real pain was we all met for this campaign -- we didn't already know each other -- so it was confusing as hell to the rest of us.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-29, 12:23 PM
A druid had an animal companion named Bubastis that was a wolf. Guess what he tried to summon.

Gensh
2010-07-29, 12:24 PM
In the first game I ran, the initial players rolled 6d6 letter dice to get their names: Marcus the monk and Quidyx the bard. Not really bad, just kind of weird. Later in the game when I said that the missions on the bounty board that they didn't take earlier were gone, they assumed someone else must have intentionally taken their work, because only the main characters do quests or something. They actually tried to set up an in-depth trap for this non-existent "rival" they called Gary.

Lhurgyof
2010-07-29, 12:26 PM
A druid had an animal companion named Bubastis that was a wolf. Guess what he tried to summon.

I think I miss the reference...

Dr.Epic
2010-07-29, 12:27 PM

Strong together, untied forever... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w&feature=channel)

Zeta Kai
2010-07-29, 12:29 PM

Watchmen. :smallsigh:

Lhurgyof
2010-07-29, 12:31 PM
Strong together, untied forever... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w&feature=channel)

Ah.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Zeta Kai
2010-07-29, 12:37 PM
I loved it when someone on this forum named his dwarf monk build "Beardfist Fistbeard".

I think that you actually mean Fistbeard Beardfist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127927), the Monk2/Thug Fighter10/Expert1/Deepwarden2/Fist of the Forest1/Drunken Master4. Great way to use some crappy classes.

2010-07-29, 12:40 PM
FISTBEARD! BEARDFIST!
FISTBEARD BEARDFIST!

And let's not forget Urist McWhat or Noggletoben Ironshovel.

Toliudar
2010-07-29, 12:40 PM
A player in my RL group has had four characters. Their names so far:

Arson
Warmaster
Gojira
Thedudeman

As has been said before, lowering the bar for the amount everyone takes the games seriously.

Frosty
2010-07-29, 12:48 PM
For an L5R character in the Rokugan campaign setting: Mirumoto McCloud.
That's actually ok, Juruku. Especially ifhe took the "Gaijin name" disadvantage. Them Dragons are known for being wonky.

2010-07-29, 12:52 PM
Mallus Arkad. Say it, who does it remind you of?
Malice Darkbad

MoelVermillion
2010-07-29, 12:54 PM
Wow, I thought Maximus was bad but some of the names you guys have encountered leave me utterly terrified, I have a new found appreciation for my players now :smalleek:.

Shadowbane
2010-07-29, 01:01 PM
Half-Orc Barbarian.

His name?

Yig.

Morph Bark
2010-07-29, 01:05 PM
Personal favourite for worst names is prolly my only Star Wars d20 character ever: Pylon A'traps.

The group I was in never got the joke with the first name, but due to how he could deal out death, sneak around and give his charge (a colonel he was the bodyguard of) insidious plans, he got met with a lot of "It's A'traps!" greetings.

I also got a few laughs and a facepalm when I told them to turn the last name around... needless to say, I had something to respond with the next time someone yelled "It's A'traps!" :smallamused:

Tar Palantir
2010-07-29, 01:09 PM
I've DMed for a gnome beguiler named Ramen Schnooky One-Shoe Knickenbocker and a dwarven knight named Greg (only character in the campaign without a last name, too). I drew the line at a Saga Edition bounty hunter named Blingo Fett. I weep for my long-lost sanity.

Traveler
2010-07-29, 01:10 PM
I've got two that I remember
Pluthicknee and Anancy.

Iferus
2010-07-29, 01:14 PM
What's so bad about that? I have a great friend in Rome named Biggus Dickus.

You sir are my hero.

I have seen some funny names, but unfortunately they are Dutch.

arrowhen
2010-07-29, 01:14 PM
Maximus Strike is *awesome*.

I've played *more than one* "Throbnad", was "Dwarf #2" for almost a year, and currently have a warlock named "Ravenshayde Gothbiscuit".

Vitruviansquid
2010-07-29, 01:15 PM
Gabe of Penny Arcade makes some consistently hilariously bad names.

Jim Darkmagic, Mantis Eaglehawk, and his WoW character, "Dudefella"

Gamgee
2010-07-29, 01:16 PM
A player making a gnome who wanted to be called Green Giant. After that I said no and to roll on the random name chart, and surprise he got goddamn Green Giant. -_-

deuxhero
2010-07-29, 01:18 PM

Guess what he does.

Play right fielder for the Boston Braves (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Daniels_%28baseball%29)?

Maho-Tsukai
2010-07-29, 01:23 PM
Sadly, in my early days of D&D my friends and I where guilty of this...We where in middle school and where all anime obssessed, thus, all of our characters had Japanese/anime-esc names despite the setting not being in any way Japanese. We had characters and NPCs running around with names like Aki and Miku in a typpyverse dystopia setting.(Yet at the time we did not know our setting would fall under the typpyverse lable because we did not know the lable exsisted. To us it was just an advance world filled with magitech and such.)

Oh, and also, I came up with what must be one of the most cliche' necromancer names ever....Azaghast.

(still on spellcheck-less computer, by the way.)

Morph Bark
2010-07-29, 01:24 PM

Funny enough, my most recent player exploits involved playing a Half-Ogre Barbarian named Nocifuge Hen Karolus, whom had pledged his life to the service of a Paladin since she had saved his life once.

You sir are my hero.

I have seen some funny names, but unfortunately they are Dutch.

Post ze toch maar? :smallwink:

Scarey Nerd
2010-07-29, 01:36 PM
Adam Antium.
Ferox Amsaph. Not usually an awful name, but it is for an ELF.

And my personal favourite, the name I came up with but never used, Jarydd. Look up the meaning in Races of Stone if you dare...

Thane of Fife
2010-07-29, 01:40 PM
I don't know that I can call these terrible, because they were all amusing, but I've seen:

Artanis Tassadar
Thorin Oakensword
Yon Bonson Hoofenschnozen Zalienheimer Flitschmitwit
(I've probably misspelled that last one)

Elfin
2010-07-29, 01:46 PM
Patrick.
In a D&D game.

Luckily, that name never actually made it into the game...

Snake-Aes
2010-07-29, 01:47 PM
Uh...what's wrong with "Patrick"?

subject42
2010-07-29, 01:53 PM
I have a player in my games that is famous for hating to create characters. She loves to game, but she just won't create a character.

A while back we were starting up a new campaign and I was making her a half-elf (Pathfinder) ranger. Once I finished the mechanics I asked her to take a look at it and fill in the incidental stuff, like hair color, height, and name.

She didn't want to do it, so I threatened that if she didn't I would give her the worst name I could think of and she would be stuck with it for the rest of the campaign. She decided that she was OK with that.

Thus began the odyssey of "Saenilim Flowertender", half-elf ranger.

Once she got the character, she decided to run with it. From that point on she referred to herself solely as "Slim" and got extremely defensive and upset whenever one of the other PCs threatened to tell everyone else her real name.

It's pretty funny so far.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-29, 02:00 PM
Sir Loin of Porter House

ZeltArruin
2010-07-29, 02:24 PM
Hmmm....

Joseph Gilbert (pronounced Yo-sef Gil-bear, played by a guy named Joseph Gilbert, pronounced phonetically), human paladin with a flying ship
Dorn Crunchbutts Thunderfist, half-orc barbarian
Bill-belly Dibblyfirkin, halfing something in WFRP

thats all I can think of right now...

Leon
2010-07-29, 02:25 PM
Barbie the half orc barbarian (and her Pink warhorse)
- was killed off while the player was away for a couple of weeks.

I now have to approve of PC names in my games.

WarKitty
2010-07-29, 02:26 PM
Name'lesk

He couldn't come up with a name, so he put "Nameless" down and added a k.

Dairun Cates
2010-07-29, 02:29 PM
Some of the worst I've come up with:
-Guy, the Paladin
-Dead Ralph (who IS dead)
-Oyashiro Torumiba (which is just an anagram for Batora Ushiromiya aka Battler, the main character of Umineko).
-Slippy Mickey
-One Thousand Painful Cuts

arrowhen
2010-07-29, 02:30 PM
I'm suddenly struck by the desire to play a werewolf named "Wolfman Scott Nards".

Beelzebub1111
2010-07-29, 02:36 PM
Name'lesk

He couldn't come up with a name, so he put "Nameless" down and added a k.
In similar example. No-Nah-May. Guess how it's spelled.

Kurald Galain
2010-07-29, 02:40 PM
Uh...what's wrong with "Patrick"?

It's the name of an arrogant, incompetent, and lazy crown prince from the Krondor series?

Fitz10019
2010-07-29, 02:44 PM

Some had a fighter named "Frank the Tank" at GenCon 4 years ago.

FoE
2010-07-29, 02:46 PM
When I was a little kid playing D&D with my older brothers, I named my elven fighter "Redsword". I thought it sounded cool. >_<

Roland St. Jude
2010-07-29, 02:57 PM
Sheriff: Locked for review. Please remember that there are rules on this forum prohibiting graphic sexuality and violence and there is a general standard of language here of a roughly PG-13 rating.