PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Alternate Acro Fic-I'll come up with a better thread name later, I promise

Pages : [1] 2

Lord Magtok
2010-07-29, 02:33 PM
What if we had an Alternate Acro Fiction thread, where peoples write up stuff and put it in spoilers and title them like the Shipping thread people did, but made it very clear that the thread isn't about shipping, connected to shipping, and shouldn't even come close to shipping?

What if I offered to make such a thread in Nexus OOC, and got everyone's approval and encouragement on the matter? What if we had a list of rules for it, something along the lines of:

Keep it forum friendly? (That means no "What if Wenomir dated a horse?" stories, as funny as that might be. We're not a shipping knock-off here, as that'd get this thread insta-locked like Playgrounder Tales or whatever that thread was called. In fact, curtain scenes in general are strongly frowned upon disallowed entirely.)
Each tale must take place in a sort of alternate dimension Acroverse?
Give your work a spiffy title and make sure it's spoilered properly?
Only post stuff about people and characters who have given their permission in this thread or elsewhere?
Feel free to comment on people's work, but remember that this isn't Nexus OOC?

I think that'd be an awesome idea, don't you? Let's give it a try.

Moff Chumley
2010-07-29, 02:55 PM
I'm fine with anyone screwing with The Moff or Ilyena.

Maybe have a list of approved characters, their players, and possibly a very brief description in the OP?

happyturtle
2010-07-29, 03:04 PM
Permissions:

apeoflight
Beans
billtodamax
celtois
FireFox
happyturtle
iElf
InyutheBeatIs*
Kaelaroth (case by case basis - get permission first)
KerfuffleMach2
Kid Kris
Kurama
Lord Magtok
MasatoHyuga*
Maxios*
Moff Chumley
Morty
Murkus
RabbitHoleLost
Recaiden
Reinholdt
The Bushranger
Vampire Rot
Vespe Ratavo*
Wolfbane* (ask permission first to use Jeremy)

*specifically requested notification

Please note, Darkcomet does not want anyone using any of his characters, including Empire mooks. Please use generic Town police forces / military if such is needed.

Please notify the players of people you write about, especially those with *'s by their name who may not be following the thread.

Viera Champion
2010-07-29, 03:15 PM
Though my conscious tells you otherwise, I agree on this idea. But you should probably change the rule from "curtains are frowned upon", to "curtains are not allowed". As that seemed to be something Roland had to say with playground stories or whatever.

Beans
2010-07-29, 03:16 PM
My characters are free game, but I claim limitless facepalming rights.
... I have a bunch of facepalming safety gloves and I'd feel better if I could use 'em.

Viera Champion
2010-07-29, 03:21 PM
Oh yeah, and my characters are totally allowed. Especially if it involves Eldena beating up Magtok.

Lord Magtok
2010-07-29, 03:29 PM
Though my conscious tells you otherwise, I agree on this idea. But you should probably change the rule from "curtains are frowned upon", to "curtains are not allowed". As that seemed to be something Roland had to say with playground stories or whatever.

Done. And I'll get on to making a list of people who've given permission soon-ish.

Morty
2010-07-29, 03:31 PM
All my characters are free to be subjected by alternate history. I might write something myself, I suppose, but I'm not much of a writer.

Beans
2010-07-29, 03:32 PM
I also might write something to prepare for a plotty thing I might do.
Chaps are involved.

Murkus
2010-07-29, 03:41 PM
All my characters are fair game for pretty much anything. Though I'd appreciate it if you avoid making them look like complete morons.

iElf
2010-07-29, 03:45 PM
my chars are free game! go ahead, and go nuts!

happyturtle
2010-07-29, 03:48 PM
Grandma Happy's Bedtime Stories
1. What if Magtok had succeeded in crashing Happy's wedding?

"So then Magtok crashed the wedding. And I realized that omg, I'm about to marry a vampire! Yuck! So I called it off." the elderly barbarian woman said. She was wrapped in a shawl and sitting in a rocking chair next to a child's bed.

"So then what happened?" the child asked, a girl of about five.

"Me and Magtok went on a few dates, but before anything got serious, I went nuts and killed him with the Sapphire Slayer. Went through a few dozen clones before he finally managed to take me down."

"He killed you?" :smalleek:

"Don't worry, sweety, he arranged for a resurrection. Anyway, we decided after that to just be friends. The End." She stood up slowly, using her cane. "G'night pumpkin."

"Aww, can't I have another story?"

"Maybe tomorrow, if his player gives permission, I'll tell you what happened when we met Reinholdt. But it's bedtime now. Sweet dreams."

Reinholdt
2010-07-29, 04:09 PM
You all may do with my characters whatever you wish.
Yes, even that thing you've been wanting to do for a very, very long time. Yes even that.

UncleWolf
2010-07-29, 05:31 PM
I give permission for any of my characters to be used. The only one that I'd like people to ask permission to use before hand is Jeremy, the others, toss me a PM to the story whenever it's done.

Viera Champion
2010-07-29, 05:38 PM
I'm gonna do a short story series. Who wants which of their HALO characters in the "HALO Chronicles"?

Volug
2010-07-29, 05:43 PM
I write somewhat, but I don't really like writting anything Ship related.

I don't mind people using my characters, I'd appreciate a heads up, however.

Viera Champion
2010-07-29, 05:45 PM
I write somewhat, but I don't really like writting anything Ship related.

I don't mind people using my characters, I'd appreciate a heads up, however.

Can Kiba be in the "HALO Chronicles"?

Volug
2010-07-29, 05:47 PM
You can use him in them.

Beans
2010-07-29, 08:09 PM
I'm gonna do a short story series. Who wants which of their HALO characters in the "HALO Chronicles"?
Pesty and/or Carrie depending on what is convenient for you.

Also, next part of the Lesser Good/Greater Convenience series comes soon.

The Bushranger
2010-07-29, 08:35 PM
My characters are fine to be interacted with. :smallsmile:

Viera Champion
2010-07-29, 08:56 PM
Possible series.
The Lesser Good; The Greater Convenience.
Part 1 of 0

There was a brief flare on the surface of the smallish planet's main continent. From this distance in space, it looked like a brief candle-flame seen across a room.

And that was it.

Game...
A holoscreen popped open, showing a youngish man in a grey uniform.
"Reports are coming in, ma'am. So far, no unaccounted vital signs are showing on our scanners."
"Good. That'll be all, Lieutenant."
The screen dissipated.
Set...
The planet had been wiped clean, the rebellious lives scrubbed out like a grease blotch on a kitchen countertop.
So where was the satisfaction?
The Grand Admiral had been doing this since she was 16. She had clawed her way through the ranks for ten years...
Where had the satisfaction gone?
She sighed, looking at her reflection in the viewpane. Her shoulder-length, black hair with its odd yellowish streaks, her grey eyes, her feline ears...
The viewscreen opened again. A different speaker this time, the door guard outside the viewing station.
"Captain Brandt here to see you, ma'am."
She made no expression. "Let him in."
In walked a man of about 25, 26 years of age. He had a build that, while muscular in its way, was not bulky and fit easily into his subtly-ranked grey uniform.
"Captain Brandt."
"Admiral One-Fifteen." He nodded to her, short brown hair partly hidden by his uniform cap.
"Come, sit." He obliged, allowing her to move her tail out of
the way.
"Is this room secure, Captain?"
"Yes, ma'am."
"Absolutely?"
"Yes, ma'am."
She let herself smile at her husband.
"... How was your day, dear?"

Match.

Noooooo!! This doesn't seem like it will ever include any of my characters! Waahhh!

Moff Chumley
2010-07-29, 08:57 PM
Possible series.
Part 1 of 0

There was a brief flare on the surface of the smallish planet's main continent. From this distance in space, it looked like a brief candle-flame seen across a room.

And that was it.

Game...
"Reports are coming in, ma'am. So far, no unaccounted vital signs are showing on our scanners."
The screen dissipated.
Set...
The planet had been wiped clean, the rebellious lives scrubbed out like a grease blotch on a kitchen countertop.
The Grand Admiral had been doing this since she was 16. She had clawed her way through the ranks for ten years...
She sighed, looking at her reflection in the viewpane. Her shoulder-length, black hair with its odd yellowish streaks, her grey eyes, her feline ears...
The viewscreen opened again. A different speaker this time, the door guard outside the viewing station.
In walked a man of about 25, 26 years of age. He had a build that, while muscular in its way, was not bulky and fit easily into his subtly-ranked grey uniform.
"Captain Brandt."
"Admiral One-Fifteen." He nodded to her, short brown hair partly hidden by his uniform cap.
"Come, sit." He obliged, allowing her to move her tail out of
the way.
"Yes, ma'am."
"Absolutely?"
"Yes, ma'am."

Match.

B'awwww :smallbiggrin:

Beans
2010-07-29, 08:59 PM
Noooooo!! This doesn't seem like it will ever include any of my characters! Waahhh!
Don't worry, sillypants.

Viera Champion
2010-07-29, 09:01 PM
Don't worry, sillypants.

*sniffle* D-Does that mean you will include a character of mine?:smallredface:

Beans
2010-07-29, 09:03 PM
*sniffle* D-Does that mean you will include a character of mine?:smallredface:
I'm trying to pace myself, but one of yours gets a mention in the second chapter.

Viera Champion
2010-07-29, 09:07 PM
I'm trying to pace myself, but one of yours gets a mention in the second chapter.

Oh Beans! You're too kind! *huggles*

FireFox
2010-07-29, 09:20 PM
I love this idea, and give permission for people to write about any of my characters.

Beans
2010-07-29, 09:22 PM
Oh, and BR? You may enjoy Part 2 as well... :smallwink:

The Bushranger
2010-07-29, 09:25 PM
Heh. Duly noted. :smallwink:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-29, 09:29 PM
I am completely for this. And no matter how much they may protest, my characters are open for use.

I may eventually write something of my own.

The Bushranger
2010-07-29, 09:40 PM
Awwwwww.

...you've also got Dani down perfectly. :smallbiggrin:

Viera Champion
2010-07-29, 09:44 PM
I love you Beans! You know there's something wrong when Genkai is the good cop. But you know there's something right when she is having intimate relationships with her subdirector. Especially if it's Carrie.:smallwink:

Recaiden
2010-07-29, 10:07 PM

I would. I'd like to see how they're done.

@Beans: That was a very nice story, especially the second part.

And people can use any of my other characters if for some reason they want to.
I'll have to see if I can do something if Ashna had taken any of the good advice she's been given, and something Six-and-Val related.

@V: Well, I thought it was Grant.

Moff Chumley
2010-07-29, 10:11 PM
I'm just a tad confused as to whom the admiral's husband is. Egotistical as I am, I thought it was The Moff *points to avatar*, but now I'm not quite so sure. :smallconfused:

Beans
2010-07-29, 10:14 PM
I'm just a tad confused as to whom the admiral's husband is. Egotistical as I am, I thought it was The Moff *points to avatar*, but now I'm not quite so sure. :smallconfused:
No, sorry. I don't really know you.
The Admiral is an alt-universe of the adorable HALO catgirl Pesty, and Captain Brandt is an alt of her also-HALO husband Grant Brandt.

Thanks, Reccy.

Viera Champion
2010-07-29, 10:32 PM
Wait... Grant, Lee, and May's last name is Brandt? Cool. I didn't know that...

Oh and the director is Genkai! Duh...:smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2010-07-29, 10:40 PM
No worries at all. I just thought it was a little funny, what with the "cap covering one eye, short brown hair, imperial officer" vibe going. :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2010-07-30, 04:19 AM
All my characters are fair game for pretty much anything. Though I'd appreciate it if you avoid making them look like complete morons.

Mine are fine to use, and unlike some I'd appreciate it if you made them look like complete morons.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-30, 05:28 AM
Me too. Dumb blonds don't necessarily come as females. Jazirian's about as airheaded you can get sometimes. :smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 09:43 AM
Ooohhh Beansiekins! I love it! You nailed Genkai perfectly. Then again, she is the one character I always use when I'm RPing with you, so I hope you would. I love how you always have that one thought spread out throughout each chapter. It makes it exciting.*huggles* HALO chronicles Book 1 Chapter 1 coming soon!

Book 1: The Aldaro Diary

Chapter 1: The Arrival

Starring:
Genkai Aldaro
Carrion

Warning! The HALO Chronicles are not historically accurate!

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 10:30 AM
*cough*

The HALO Chronicles
Book 1: The Aldaro Diaries
Chapter 1: The Arrival

Dear Diary,
Today I came to the organization known as HALO. I have come to my new home.

The pink haired female stepped out of the elevator and into the underwater base. Her long hair was made into a braid that reached the floor. She probed the entire base with her mind, straining her psychic powers. She was surprised as she saw a girl walk out in front of her. She immiately snapped out of her trance. The girl seemed surprised to see her as well.

Oh! H-Hello, who are you?*
the other girl said. She had black hair held up with a scrunchee, and two large bat-like wings that protruded from her back.

She looked the bat girl over. She was
kinda cute.
The names Genkai, Genkai Aldaro. I'm new here. And you are?

The bat girl didn't look quite so frightened anymore. She smiled.
Carrion, but you can just call me Carrie. Welcome to HALO Genkai.

I'll tell you more tomorrow. ~ Genkai

Beans
2010-07-30, 11:04 AM
Thanks... wait, Carrie's a lulbat nao?
I'm on a roll, so expect part 4 later.

Moff Chumley
2010-07-30, 11:29 AM
I never mentioned it covering his eye, silly.

:smalleek:

Oh dear... well, my mistake, then. *headdesk*

Morty
2010-07-30, 11:37 AM
A short one from me to get this thread started some more.

The Riddle of Steel

This story begins with a lone figure standing knee-deep in butchered villagers, a young girl begging him to spare her. With a single sword stroke, her pleas are silenced. What was he doing here? He was ordered to kill these villagers. They were demon cultists. But he no longer feels the compuslion to obey those orders. Now he feels... nothing. His mind is perfectly clear, free of the mental commands or emotions. He turns around and flees the scene, knowing that he'll be hunted down if he fails to report back to his former masters.

Soon after, the same figure approaches the foreboding AMEN base. Yes. Here he will be safe from his pursuers and surrounded with people who only respond to strength, which he has in abundance. It feels good to be free of morals, emotions, fears and other unnecessary things that cloud the mind, making one imperfect, distancing him from the ideal of the Ultimate Warrior. Here and now, he's free to pursue that goal. To become the world's greatest fighter, the master of the steel. He has at least that to thank his former masters for, mixing his human flesh with demon blood to create a hunter and a killer. If only other demonhunters could be as free as he is. He remembers he had reasons to become a demonhunter. But he does not care. They were petty, insignificant. Not befitting a future founder of the Riddle of Steel.
Wenomir enters the AMEN headquarters, his scarred face grinning humorlessly.

iElf
2010-07-30, 12:10 PM

summer and Din can be in!

Vespe Ratavo
2010-07-30, 12:25 PM
*pokes head in*
*coughs*
On the off-chance anyone remembers me, feel free to use my character(s) in whatever capacity you like. This could be interesting.

Oh, but please do send me an IM on MSN if you do.

iElf
2010-07-30, 12:58 PM
I bet if those raiders hadn't attacked , the Pantrixa system would be rebel territory...

Beans
2010-07-30, 01:00 PM
Yeah, but Din cares about her peoples and the Empire provides damn good protection.

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 01:00 PM
Guess what? I'm gonna start writing two of hese short story series at once! Yay!

iElf
2010-07-30, 01:03 PM
Guess what? I'm gonna start writing two of hese short story series at once! Yay!

ooh! what about?

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 01:09 PM
It's a secret. (Translates to: I have no idea yet)

Beans
2010-07-30, 01:25 PM
Lol, Shadowrun Pesty.
Anyway, guys, there is an Emperor in my Star Wars-esque LG/GC universe.
Start guessing who it is.

Recaiden
2010-07-30, 01:29 PM
Lol, Shadowrun Pesty.

Emperor...whatever his name was...Vryn? Tobias? Vocusta?

Anyway, the Shadowrun fic is cute, iElf. :smallsmile:

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 01:30 PM
The Cardinal? No... He's evil... Um... Oof that's a tough one... Emperor... Umm... I'll think about it...

For Series 2, who likes the idea of Wild West: Nexus Style?

Darkcomet
2010-07-30, 01:36 PM
Emperor...whatever his name was...Vryn? Tobias? Vocusta?

I believe his name was Vyrn, and I will note that I have not given permission to use anyone or anything of mine, nor do I intend to do so.

Recaiden
2010-07-30, 01:38 PM
I believe his name was Vyrn, and I will note that I have not given permission to use anyone or anything of mine, nor do I intend to do so.

Sorry, I wouldn't know. But that's...expected, actually.

Lord Magtok
2010-07-30, 01:52 PM
Lol, Shadowrun Pesty.

An evil guy in dark robes. Hmm...

Nah, I can't think of anyone who'd fit that description.:smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 01:53 PM
I'm including witch burning as the opening scene of the Wild West Nexus. I know I know, those two don't fit together, but that's alright.

Beans
2010-07-30, 01:54 PM
... Shadowrun Carrie is a pronstar?
Just like normal canon!
I mean, er, how odd!

Nice try, Mag, and close in a way.
But... let me explain your wrongness... IN SONG.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu *record scratch*
... Budget ran out.

happyturtle
2010-07-30, 01:54 PM
Hey iElf? Instead of posting a paragraph every ten minutes, could you maybe hold off and post a larger chunk at once?

Morty
2010-07-30, 01:56 PM
In fact, I think this thread will be much better if the entries are at least two paragraphs long. This way, people will have a chance of their stories being judged and not buried under dozens of short snippets.
Also:

The Riddle of Steel

This story begins with a lone figure standing knee-deep in butchered villagers, a young girl begging him to spare her. With a single sword stroke, her pleas are silenced. What was he doing here? He was ordered to kill these villagers. They were demon cultists. But he no longer feels the compuslion to obey those orders. Now he feels... nothing. His mind is perfectly clear, free of the mental commands or emotions. He turns around and flees the scene, knowing that he'll be hunted down if he fails to report back to his former masters.

Soon after, the same figure approaches the foreboding AMEN base. Yes. Here he will be safe from his pursuers and surrounded with people who only respond to strength, which he has in abundance. It feels good to be free of morals, emotions, fears and other unnecessary things that cloud the mind, making one imperfect, distancing him from the ideal of the Ultimate Warrior. Here and now, he's free to pursue that goal. To become the world's greatest fighter, the master of the steel. He has at least that to thank his former masters for, mixing his human flesh with demon blood to create a hunter and a killer. If only other demonhunters could be as free as he is. He remembers he had reasons to become a demonhunter. But he does not care. They were petty, insignificant. Not befitting a future founder of the Riddle of Steel.

I hate to be a pest, but I'd like some opinions on it, whether or not I should write more.

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 01:57 PM
An evil guy in dark robes. Hmm...

Nah, I can't think of anyone who'd fit that description.:smalltongue:

Don't be silly. You're too evil.

Oh and what's Magtok's speech color?

Lord Magtok
2010-07-30, 01:59 PM
Darkslategray. Oh, and in case the implication that my characters are free to use due to my posting the thread isn't enough, I'm saying so right here and now.

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 02:01 PM
No it was implied. Also you're in the list HappyTurtle made. Also, thank you! OW! That hurt... Thanking you just hurt me, Maggy.

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 02:15 PM
In fact, I think this thread will be much better if the entries are at least two paragraphs long. This way, people will have a chance of their stories being judged and not buried under dozens of short snippets.
Also:

~snip~

I hate to be a pest, but I'd like some opinions on it, whether or not I should write more.

Yes, it was dark, ominous, and all together a good story. I really got a feel for the dark tone of the story. Nice work.

Rawr Maggy! You are about to set Eldena on fire as we speak! I'll have the Wild West Nexus Chapter 1 up soon, when I finish it.

iElf
2010-07-30, 02:21 PM
On the run: Prologue

I was the first to arrive at the meeting place that night, a bar in the middle class rises of Seattle . the barkeeper ushered me through to a back room where I waited for the others to arrive.I was politly asked if I wanted a drink, that johnson offered to pay for everything. I declined. aiming a gun was hard enough for me , even if I wasn't waisted. thank God for smartlink systems. after five minutes, a woman arrived, and sat down a few spaces away.Pestilence had it hard. not only a nekoform SURGE , but also a technomancer... the experiments they had performed on her would have driven anyone mad, but she had been mad to begin with
"hiya pointy ears!" she grinned at me, her cute fangs showing
"hi Pesty..where did you leave grant?"
"he went and picked a fight with a lonestar cop again...he's at Zero's watch though...she should be here in a few minutes"
I smiled and shook my head
"will he ever learn?"
Pesty was about to give a witty retort, when a pink haired young woman burst in
"hi people!"
she sat down and took herself a drink
"are you sure you want to do that? I don't want you slinging spells near me while you're drunk..."
"oh, don't worry Din, what could possibly go wrong?"
a image passed before my mental eyes of a burning bar...
better not to think about that time.
Distraction came in the form of an angel...almost literally

Her very presence took all breath out of the room. her gold blond hair, her orange eyes, her beautiful scars...everything about her seamed...to good to be true...she walked with an otherworldly grace, her wings trailing behind her. Gen and I were both looking at her in interest...mote than that...Carrie was another surgeling... in her case it was as much of a blessing as it was a curse. sure, she had a bad past, and BTL's staring her were still circulating the matrix...I had to admit that even I had a copy of one or two hidden in the depths of my comlink...but now she was riding the gravy train. she could get a Johnson to double his reward is she tried...she was invaluable to us...she sat down shyly, quiet when not in the presence of a client.

as I looked at her I felt more than a little guilty.It had been little over a year since I had lost my fiancée to the yakusa, and I was already lusting over this other woman...I didn't know if I was doing the right thing or not. I felt guilt and shame,but I also felt lonely.A large house, too big for a single person, let alone a runner. I could afford real food, but never had time to cook. and a life on the shady side of the law meant I was used to soy synth, in any form imaginable.

before I could follow my train of thoughts any longer , two people entered at one. the first was grant, his cyber arm with the bronze paint job glinting in the light, and a ARES viper showing at his hip. the other was a stranger to all of us.a tall figure, with black hair, red cyber eyes, and scars on his face, this was evidently Mr Johnson. we all looked at him as he turned round
"good evening ladys and gentleman...this job will be fairly straight forward. I want you to kill this man"
Johnson sent us all a picture of a man to our comlinks. a picture of a bald man, with cyber replacemnts all over...wearing a black robe
"this is your mark. mister magtok"

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 02:24 PM
On the run: Part 4: this one is longer!
as I looked at her I felt more than a little guilty.It had been little over a year since I had lost my fiancée to the yakusa, and I was already lusting over this other woman...I didn't know if I was doing the right thing or not. I felt guilt and shame,but I also felt lonely.A large house, too big for a single person, let alone a runner. I could afford real food, but never had time to cook. and a life on the shady side of the law meant I was used to soy synth, in any form imaginable.

before I could follow my train of thoughts any longer , two people entered at one. the first was grant, his cyber arm with the bronze paint job glinting in the light, and a ARES viper showing at his hip. the other was a stranger to all of us.a tall figure, with black hair, red cyber eyes, and scars on his face, this was evidently Mr Johnson. we all looked at him as he turned round
"good evening ladys and gentleman...this job will be fairly straight forward. I want you to kill this man"
Johnson sent us all a picture of a man to our comlinks. a picture of a bald man, with cyber replacemnts all over...wearing a black robe
"this is your mark. mister magtok"

Psst... What they're trying to say is don't do more than one chapter a page, so other people can have their fun too. Okay?

Kaelaroth
2010-07-30, 02:25 PM
I'll approve fics on a case-by-case basis. PM me if you want my characters involved, and I may eventually write some of my own.

happyturtle
2010-07-30, 02:28 PM
Grandma Happy's Bedtime Stories:
2. What if Reinholdt were Sane?

"You were going to tell me about the cat," the little girl said.

"That's right. Me and Magtok were at the Taverna when a russian blue cat came in, wearing a blue star and carrying a sniper rifle. He introduced himself as 'Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire'."

"We had a few drinks together, had a few adventures, and soon he was one of our best friends. So one day he came to us all srs hat like, and said he had something to tell us. He said he had an abusive boyfriend, and he had always been afraid to leave before. But now he had people he trusted enough to open up to. We all hugged and cried and promised to help him. We got together a posse and went and kicked Cal's bony ass - told him that Reinholdt wanted nothing to do with him anymore."

"Well, you know how that sort of guy is. They don't take rejection well. Cal started making murder threats. He was going to kill Reinholdt. He was going to kill us. He was going to kill our families. Hell, he was going to kill everybody in the entire universe if Reinholdt didn't go back to him."

"Wow! What did you do?"

"What do you think we did? We kicked his ass every time he got near any of us, and otherwise ignored him. It's not like anyone is actually capable of destroying the universe you know, kid." She ruffles her granddaughter's hair, and they both giggle.

"Yeah, that's pretty silly."

"Eventually, Cal started dating Uncle Raven, so he pretty much left Reinny alone after that. Oh, sure, he'd still call him up drunk in the middle of the night whenever he and Raven had a bad fight, but Rein learned not to answer the phone if he didn't know the number."

"And now it's time for bed. Gnight Punkin."

"Gnight Gramma."

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 02:41 PM

"That's right. Me and Magtok were at the Taverna when a russian blue cat came in, wearing a blue star and carrying a sniper rifle. He introduced himself as 'Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire'."

"We had a few drinks together, had a few adventures, and soon he was one of our best friends. So one day he came to us all srs hat like, and said he had something to tell us. He said he had an abusive boyfriend, and he had always been afraid to leave before. But now he had people he trusted enough to open up to. We all hugged and cried and promised to help him. We got together a posse and went and kicked Cal's bony ass - told him that Reinholdt wanted nothing to do with him anymore."

"Well, you know how that sort of guy is. They don't take rejection well. Cal started making murder threats. He was going to kill Reinholdt. He was going to kill us. He was going to kill our families. Hell, he was going to kill everybody in the entire universe if Reinholdt didn't go back to him."

"Wow! What did you do?"

"What do you think we did? We kicked his ass every time he got near any of us, and otherwise ignored him. It's not like anyone is actually capable of destroying the universe you know, kid." She ruffles her granddaughter's hair, and they both giggle.

"Eventually, Cal started dating Uncle Raven, so he pretty much left Reinny alone after that. Oh, sure, he'd still call him up drunk in the middle of the night whenever he and Raven had a bad fight, but Rein learned not to answer the phone if he didn't know the number."

"Gnight Gramma."

I love you Happy.^_^

But I love my precious Beansiekins more! Good story darling!^_^

Lord Magtok
2010-07-30, 02:48 PM
It looks fine, Morty, and I'd love to see more like that.

Rawr Maggy! You are about to set Eldena on fire as we speak! I'll have the Wild West Nexus Chapter 1 up soon, when I finish it.

Wewt!

Whatiftalegoeshere

...Calublufiok as an abusive boyfriend. Win.

Oh, and I guess I'd better get to writing up something of my own soonish. I'll tell you all more about what it'll be when I figure that out myself.

iElf
2010-07-30, 02:51 PM
why can I imagine Din in one of those absolutely ridiculous dresses that amidala wore right now?

And I put all my snippets into one post for now, calling the whole part, the prologue...anyone like? or is my writing **** ( the view I take on this matter...)

happyturtle
2010-07-30, 02:51 PM
Yus, I want to see Dark Wenomir terrorizing the Nexus and slaying innocents. :smallbiggrin:

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 03:09 PM
It looks fine, Morty, and I'd love to see more like that.

Wewt!

...Calublufiok as an abusive boyfriend. Win.

Oh, and I guess I'd better get to writing up something of my own soonish. I'll tell you all more about what it'll be when I figure that out myself.

Oh. I forgot to mention, you were stopped just as you were about to set her on fire. Sorry.

Kaelaroth
2010-07-30, 03:11 PM

The Riddle of Steel

Are we to see Wenomir's enemies become the new "good guys"? That'd be cool!

Morty
2010-07-30, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, futher installments are sure to come.

Are we to see Wenomir's enemies become the new "good guys"? That'd be cool!

I haven't thought about it this way, but it's a cool idea. I kind of describe them as fanatics in the FFRP, a different point of view would be interesting.

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 03:29 PM
Wild West: Nexus Style

Chapter 1-Witch Burnings Aren't Part of the Wild West

Starring: Eldena
Magtok
& The Bunny Bandit

"Burn the Witch! Burn her!"
That was what everyone was yelling today. Well everyone except the rabbit woman tied to a stake on top of a large pile of kindling and wood. She just rolled he eyes, and awaited for these idiots to kill her already.

I have a name you know. It's Eldena. Start using it. And another thing, you should be thanking me for healing the sick, not murdering me for doing it with magic.

Quiet witch.
Said the cyborg standing in front of her. He carried the torch that she assumed would be used to set her on fire.

Don't tell me what to do Magtok. You're just jealous because not even that metal body of your's can withstand my magic. You big baby.
Eldena said, sneering at him. She loved getting on his nerves, just to see that look he always had on his face when she pissed him off. But this time was different. Instead of making that goofy grimace, he raised his hand high in the air and brought it down right at her cheek. Eldena gasped in shock at the searing pain she felt on her face.

You... You slapped me... I can't believe you just slapped me. How da-

I said quiet witch.
Magtok growled, interrupting her.
It's time for you to die a very fiery death.
He spat at her and raised the torch high above his head.

As Magtok was about to bring it down, to start the fire, something knocked the torch out of his hand and safely to the ground. Everyone gasped. Eldena and Magtok looked over, and there was another rabbit woman. She looked just like Eldena. Except instead of being dressed in read, she wore a pair of jeans and a cowhide jacket. Also, a large cowboy hat rested atop he head with two holes where her bunny ears stuck through. A smoking gun spun around her right index finger.

"Oh no! It's The Bunny Bandit!" coe a female voice from the crowd.

Magtok looked back at Eldena confused as she burst out laughing.

What do you think you're laughing at?! The Bunny Bandit strikes fear into the hearts of all people!
The Bunny Bandit yelled at her angry.

Not with that name you don't.
Eldena replied, still laughing.

The Bunny Bandit frowned.
Shut up.
She said, pulling out a knife. She lept at Magtok and kicked him in his metal chest, knocking him to the ground. She then cut Eldena's bonds and they both jumped onto The Bunny Bandit's trusty chocobo. Magtok and the crowd watched as the two rabbit women rode off into the distance.

As the two rode on the chocobo, Eldena smiled, her face softening.
Thanks Celia.

Celia grinned back at Eldena.
No problem sis.

ApeofLight
2010-07-30, 03:29 PM
I give permission for all of my characters past, present and future to be used in any of these stories.

iElf
2010-07-30, 04:59 PM
...anyone give any ideas how to continue "on the run"?

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 05:27 PM
Good work, everybody. :smallbiggrin:

Probably not Tobias. Druid translates well to Jedi.

Clearly, in this universe, Tobias is a la Mace Windu (yes, he died, but he got better :smalltongue:) and BR = Obi-Wan? Or maybe Luke. :smallwink:

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 05:30 PM

Chapter 1-Witch Burnings Aren't Part of the Wild West

Magtok
& The Bunny Bandit

"Burn the Witch! Burn her!"
That was what everyone was yelling today. Well everyone except the rabbit woman tied to a stake on top of a large pile of kindling and wood. She just rolled he eyes, and awaited for these idiots to kill her already.

I have a name you know. It's Eldena. Start using it. And another thing, you should be thanking me for healing the sick, not murdering me for doing it with magic.

Quiet witch.
Said the cyborg standing in front of her. He carried the torch that she assumed would be used to set her on fire.

Don't tell me what to do Magtok. You're just jealous because not even that metal body of your's can withstand my magic. You big baby.
Eldena said, sneering at him. She loved getting on his nerves, just to see that look he always had on his face when she pissed him off. But this time was different. Instead of making that goofy grimace, he raised his hand high in the air and brought it down right at her cheek. Eldena gasped in shock at the searing pain she felt on her face.

You... You slapped me... I can't believe you just slapped me. How da-

I said quiet witch.
Magtok growled, interrupting her.
It's time for you to die a very fiery death.
He spat at her and raised the torch high above his head.

As Magtok was about to bring it down, to start the fire, something knocked the torch out of his hand and safely to the ground. Everyone gasped. Eldena and Magtok looked over, and there was another rabbit woman. She looked just like Eldena. Except instead of being dressed in read, she wore a pair of jeans and a cowhide jacket. Also, a large cowboy hat rested atop he head with two holes where her bunny ears stuck through. A smoking gun spun around her right index finger.

"Oh no! It's The Bunny Bandit!" coe a female voice from the crowd.

Magtok looked back at Eldena confused as she burst out laughing.

What do you think you're laughing at?! The Bunny Bandit strikes fear into the hearts of all people!
The Bunny Bandit yelled at her angry.

Not with that name you don't.
Eldena replied, still laughing.

The Bunny Bandit frowned.
Shut up.
She said, pulling out a knife. She lept at Magtok and kicked him in his metal chest, knocking him to the ground. She then cut Eldena's bonds and they both jumped onto The Bunny Bandit's trusty chocobo. Magtok and the crowd watched as the two rabbit women rode off into the distance.

As the two rode on the chocobo, Eldena smiled, her face softening.
Thanks Celia.

Celia grinned back at Eldena.
No problem sis.

I was hopping for comments.

Also, characters in the next installment:
Eldena
Celia
Riace (Recaiden's Charrie)
Genkai
Carrie (Beans' Charrie)

Reinholdt
2010-07-30, 06:25 PM

The Riddle of Steel

I got shivers. Wenomir never smiles, let alone grins. NEVER! :eek:
Very good.
*hides*

"Wow! What did you do?"

"Gnight Gramma."
So appropriate. Cal would be too. Fits him quite well. :smallbiggrin:

Of course, it's really hard for me to imagine what a sane Reinholdt would do. I guess just spend most of his time treasure hunting.
Shinyyyy....

Moff Chumley
2010-07-30, 06:33 PM
So, in Evil Wenomir-verse, are he and Jack buddies, or something? XD

FireFox
2010-07-30, 07:26 PM
What if Toby had joined AMEN?
The Prologue
Toby glances over his shoulder at Jack, who was busy searching through all the safe deposit boxes in the bank’s vault, dumping the best items into bags for the henchmen. The sound of whimpering draws his attention back to the sniveling wretch in front of him. Was he the bank manager or something? His status was not important though.

“Give me your shirt.”

“W-what?” The poor man stammers in sheer terror, hands starting to fumble at the knot of his tie.

“You heard me. Your shirt.”

It takes the man a frustrating amount of tries to take off his shirt, but the Druid waits patiently. The polite smile on his face makes him look crazy in the adrenaline charged context, a psychotic expression congruent to the broad grin of the grey haired sociopath in the bank’s vault. Toby takes the sweaty shirt and tosses it over his shoulder without looking at it. There’s something in his eyes, something profoundly evil, something which should warn the hapless worker about his impending fate. Unfortunately, before this registers, Toby’s hand suddenly whips out, to grab the man by the throat and bodily slam him into the floor. His head hits the tiles with a sickening crack, loud enough to make the henchmen guarding the glass doors jump. The man’s vision blackens for a second, and when it clears he sees the Druid sitting on his stomach and holding a scalpel. He starts screaming long before the smiling redhead starts cutting. The manager only stops screaming when Toby passes the blade of the knife across his throat with a flourish. That gesture is almost a signature, a broad stroke to signal the summation of the piece. For before Toby sliced the man’s neck open from carotid to carotid, he slowly, happily carved four sanguine letters into the man’s bare chest.

AMEN
A bloody benediction, a crimson calling card. They are there, waiting with a cruel smile after every prayer for deliverance from Evil. They remind us all that our Deities cannot protect us. “Dear Gods, protect us from criminals and killers and Things that Go Bump in the Night.”

AMEN

Murkus
2010-07-30, 07:44 PM
The Prologue
Toby glances over his shoulder at Jack, who was busy searching through all the safe deposit boxes in the bank’s vault, dumping the best items into bags for the henchmen. The sound of whimpering draws his attention back to the sniveling wretch in front of him. Was he the bank manager or something? His status was not important though.

“Give me your shirt.”

“W-what?” The poor man stammers in sheer terror, hands starting to fumble at the knot of his tie.

It takes the man a frustrating amount of tries to take off his shirt, but the Druid waits patiently. The polite smile on his face makes him look crazy in the adrenaline charged context, a psychotic expression congruent to the broad grin of the grey haired sociopath in the bank’s vault. Toby takes the sweaty shirt and tosses it over his shoulder without looking at it. There’s something in his eyes, something profoundly evil, something which should warn the hapless worker about his impending fate. Unfortunately, before this registers, Toby’s hand suddenly whips out, to grab the man by the throat and bodily slam him into the floor. His head hits the tiles with a sickening crack, loud enough to make the henchmen guarding the glass doors jump. The man’s vision blackens for a second, and when it clears he sees the Druid sitting on his stomach and holding a scalpel. He starts screaming long before the smiling redhead starts cutting. The manager only stops screaming when Toby passes the blade of the knife across his throat with a flourish. That gesture is almost a signature, a broad stroke to signal the summation of the piece. For before Toby sliced the man’s neck open from carotid to carotid, he slowly, happily carved four sanguine letters into the man’s bare chest.

AMEN
A bloody benediction, a crimson calling card. They are there, waiting with a cruel smile after every prayer for deliverance from Evil. They remind us all that our Deities cannot protect us. “Dear Gods, protect us from criminals and killers and Things that Go Bump in the Night.”

AMEN

Holy... wow. That was simply excellent. A fantastic little piece of writing.

I'm beginning to doubt that I can write quite as well as yourself, FireFox.

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 07:47 PM
Ummm... Recaiden? What's Riace's speech color again? I forget...

Beans
2010-07-30, 07:53 PM
The Prologue

“Give me your shirt.”

AMEN

AMEN
I LOVE YOU FOREVER.

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 08:01 PM
Hey Beansiekins? Did you like WW:NS Chapter 1?

happyturtle
2010-07-30, 08:04 PM
The Prologue
win goes here

That was bloody brilliant! :smallbiggrin:

Moff Chumley
2010-07-30, 08:05 PM
The Prologue

“Give me your shirt.”

AMEN

AMEN

Alright, how much do you want to turn evil and join? A soul? I have several.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 09:09 PM
@FF: Awesomesauce.

@Beans: Awwww....

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 09:55 PM

Chapter 2: Meet the Sheriffs

Celia AKA The Bunny Bandit
Riace
Genkai AKA Sheriff Aldaro
Carrie AKA Officer Carrion

Eldena and Celia jumped off the chocobo as they reached a nice house at the edge of town. The walked up the front steps and entered, since it was their house after all.

Back already?
Called a voice from another room.

Eldena chuckled, heading into the kitchen where a young man sat drinking at a table.
My sister likes to make quick work of things, you should know that Riace.

Indeed I do.
The young man replied, smiling.

Celia tacklehugged him, the cowboy hat barely being held on her head by her ears.
I missed you Riace!
She yelled, planting a kiss on his cheek and huggling him.

Geez Celia, I saw you an hour ago when you left. With your reaction, you'd think I'd been dead for a hundred years.
He chuckled, hugging her back.

Celia was about to reply when there was a bang on the door. Suddenly, the door fell to the ground with a bang, and a conveniently dramatic smoke wafted in. Through the smoke, there could be seen two female silhuoettes leaning back to back and each carrying a gun, in a Charlie's Angels type way.

Voices come from the smoke.
Sheriff Aldaro.

And Officer Carrion.

At your service.

We're the law around here.

And we have a message for The Bunny Bandit.

The smoke cleared and the two women pointed their guns at Celia.

You're under arrest.

Comments please! Especially from Beansiekins!^_^

Beans
2010-07-30, 09:56 PM

Chapter 2: Meet the Sheriffs

Celia AKA The Bunny Bandit
Riace

Eldena and Celia jumped off the chocobo as they reached a nice house at the edge of town. The walked up the front steps and entered, since it was their house after all.

Back already?
Called a voice from another room.

Eldena chuckled, heading into the kitchen where a young man sat drinking at a table.
My sister likes to make quick work of things, you should know that Riace.

Indeed I do.
The young man replied, smiling.

Celia tacklehugged him, the cowboy hat barely being held on her head by her ears.
I missed you Riace!
She yelled, planting a kiss on his cheek and huggling him.

Geez Celia, I saw you an hour ago when you left. With your reaction, you'd think I'd been dead for a hundred years.
He chuckled, hugging her back.

Celia was about to reply when there was a bang on the door. Suddenly, the door fell to the ground with a bang, and a conveniently dramatic smoke wafted in. Through the smoke, there could be seen two female silhuoettes leaning back to back and each carrying a gun, in a Charlie's Angels type way.

Voices come from the smoke.
Sheriff Aldaro.

And Officer Carrion.

At your service.

We're the law around here.

And we have a message for The Bunny Bandit.

The smoke cleared and the two women pointed their guns at Celia.

You're under arrest.

Comments please! Especially from Beansiekins!^_^

... Heart heart heart heart heart. I like it.
It's just campy enough to be epic win.
How's my depressing Star Wars-esque series?

Viera Champion
2010-07-30, 09:59 PM
... Heart heart heart heart heart. I like it.
It's just campy enough to be epic win.
How's my depressing Star Wars-esque series?

Better than mine.=p

It's awesome Beansiekins.^_^

Lord Magtok
2010-07-31, 12:01 AM
Inspired by Murkus's actions in the Dancing Fox Inn, I decided to go ahead and do something ridiculous. If any of the people mentioned here are upset because I made mention of them before getting everyone's permission, feel free to throw stones at me and exile me from the thread.

But now, without further ado, I give you...

What if Magtok The Player Was Really Bored In Chat A Few Minutes Ago?

Magtok says:
It's twelve twenty-four on a Saturday
And Saur's still as ugly as sin
He'd still be that way after a whole three
full barrels loaded with gin

He says, "Mag, can you shut your dumb mouth-hole?
I much rather like it when closed
This is sad, imcomplete, you've added a few beats
And you're stealing Billy Joel's prose."

Elly says:
O.o?

Magtok says:
La la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum *Music and such included*

Teru says:
*Pokes Magtok with the Page of Wands*

Magtok says:
Don't sing us a song, something-that-rhymes-with-piano maaaan!
Don't sing us a song tonight
We're not in the mood for a melody
And you've still got posting tonight!

Magtok says:
Now BR at the bar is a friend of mine
He's presently glaring at me
And he's quick with a joke, or to light up your cloak
And it's clear he's near ready to flee
He says, "Mag, I believe this is killing me."
As the smile ran away from his face
"I'm quite sure that I'll give you another scar
Or maybe brain you with a maaaace!"

BR says:
:smalltongue:

Magtok says:
Oh, la la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

Now Happy's a real estate novelist
I don't quite know what that means
But she's talkin' with Elly, who's not quite as smelly
And probably never will be

And Reina is practicing politics
As Cricketbatman (That's a nickname for Shrimp, for those of you in AA Fic reading this) keeps throwing stones!
Yes, they're sharing a drink they call "Shut up Mag!"
But it's too late, I'm already in the zoooone!

Elly says:
._.

Magtok says:

DeeCee says:
<.<
*readies gun*

Happy says:
*giggles*

DeeCee says:
>.>
<.<

Magtok says:
It's a pretty good crowd, for a Saturday
Nobody'd fallen from chat, for a while
But it's plain to see, folks're now doin' it cause me
To escape my lame song and its bile

Happy says:
Magtok, you are so full of win

Elly says:
^_^
._.

Magtok says:
And the imagined piano, it sounds like a carnival!
And Teru smells like a deer!
And they sit at the bar and scratch curses in my car
And say, "Mag, what are you doin' here?!"

Teru says:
*Goes to take a shower to get rid of the deer smell*

Magtok says:
Oh, la la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

DeeCee says:
>.>
*readies gun*

Magtok says:
And you've still got posting...
Toniiiiiiiight!

Thank you, you've been a wonderful audience, don't kill me!

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-31, 12:12 AM
Magtok...that was beautiful.

You should record that.

Beans
2010-07-31, 12:13 AM
... I am in love now.
I want to marry that song.

Viera Champion
2010-07-31, 12:16 AM
Saying this could very well kill me, but I love you Maggy. Gahhhh! It DID kill me!!

Also, that's really creepy, because I'm at a beach, it's Avalon, New Jersey, and at 10:00 or so, I at an ice cream place called te Buccaneer, and there was a live piano performance of some guy playing/singing that song (among others, but that was the opening act.

Lord Magtok
2010-07-31, 12:19 AM
What's even creepier is I nearly got to go to the beach today.

And live in New Jersey. o.o

Murkus
2010-07-31, 12:19 AM
Inspired by Murkus's actions in the Dancing Fox Inn, I decided to go ahead and do something ridiculous. If any of the people mentioned here are upset because I made mention of them before getting everyone's permission, feel free to throw stones at me and exile me from the thread.

But now, without further ado, I give you...

What if Magtok The Player Was Really Bored In Chat A Few Minutes Ago?

Magtok says:
It's twelve twenty-four on a Saturday
And Saur's still as ugly as sin
He'd still be that way after a whole three
full barrels loaded with gin

He says, "Mag, can you shut your dumb mouth-hole?
I much rather like it when closed
This is sad, imcomplete, you've added a few beats
And you're stealing Billy Joel's prose."

Elly says:
O.o?

Magtok says:
La la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum *Music and such included*

Teru says:
*Pokes Magtok with the Page of Wands*

Magtok says:

Magtok says:
Now BR at the bar is a friend of mine
He's presently glaring at me
And he's quick with a joke, or to light up your cloak
And it's clear he's near ready to flee
He says, "Mag, I believe this is killing me."
As the smile ran away from his face
"I'm quite sure that I'll give you another scar
Or maybe brain you with a maaaace!"

BR says:

Magtok says:
Oh, la la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

Now Happy's a real estate novelist
I don't quite know what that means
But she's talkin' with Elly, who's not quite as smelly
And probably never will be

And Reina is practicing politics
As Cricketbatman (That's a nickname for Shrimp, for those of you in AA Fic reading this) keeps throwing stones!
Yes, they're sharing a drink they call "Shut up Mag!"
But it's too late, I'm already in the zoooone!

Elly says:
._.

Magtok says:

DeeCee says:
<.<
*readies gun*

Happy says:
*giggles*

DeeCee says:
>.>
<.<

Magtok says:
It's a pretty good crowd, for a Saturday
Nobody'd fallen from chat, for a while
But it's plain to see, folks're now doin' it cause me
To escape my lame song and its bile

Happy says:
Magtok, you are so full of win

Elly says:
^_^
._.

Magtok says:
And the imagined piano, it sounds like a carnival!
And Teru smells like a deer!
And they sit at the bar and scratch curses in my car
And say, "Mag, what are you doin' here?!"

Teru says:
*Goes to take a shower to get rid of the deer smell*

Magtok says:
Oh, la la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

DeeCee says:
>.>
*readies gun*

Magtok says:
And you've still got posting...
Toniiiiiiiight!

Thank you, you've been a wonderful audience, don't kill me!

That was really, really awesome. You got a head for music, Magtok.

As for the Inn, I would've actually gotten Chas to do Piano Man, but I'm not really sure you can do it without a piano.

And now, I must bid you all a fond goodnight.

Viera Champion
2010-07-31, 12:23 AM
What's even creepier is I nearly got to go to the beach today.

And live in New Jersey. o.o

Really? What beach?! And now I'm listening to Piano Man on my iPod.

I'm leaving the beach tomorrow.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-31, 12:24 AM
That was really, really awesome. You got a head for music, Magtok.

As for the Inn, I would've actually gotten Chas to do Piano Man, but I'm not really sure you can do it without a piano.

And now, I must bid you all a fond goodnight.

Sure you can! Use an accordion!

Beans
2010-07-31, 12:25 AM
Or get people to be the piano.

Also, my next LG/GC chapter features Magwags, but I can't post it yet because one chapter per page I think, argh!
*stomps hat to beat of Piano man*

... My wife wants to marry that song too.

Viera Champion
2010-07-31, 12:33 AM
Maggy's fic intrigued enough that I will now make one in tribute to the greatest song of all time. American Nexian Pie.

Recaiden
2010-07-31, 12:37 AM
Advice

Raril frowns. "You really should try the wolfsbane. It'll give you a stomach ache, for sure, but there's a really good chance it could cure you. It is poisonous, but with a little help, you'll pull through fine. That infirmary you have here should have whatever you need to get you through it."

"Get me through being poisoned, perhaps?" Ashna grimaces. "No. Is - actually, yeah. I keep some with me for just this purpose, ever since the purge. I don't know what I could have been thinking. The moment I leave, okay?"

"Well, I'm glad Sunny was okay. And it's good that the tests of Magtok's virtual reality machine went well. And I'm done with official business. 'Lily'. Hate that name."
"It isn't so bad. 'I know a little garden close / Set thick with lily and red rose'"
"Yeah. I'll, uh, see you around, Brendan. Good night."
"Good night."
Ashna steps away into her room, a little mist swirling out before fading away.

Wrong pace of idea, I think. Maybe I'll find something else to try.

billtodamax
2010-07-31, 12:42 AM
Huh, look at that.

My favourite stabbing knife got lodged in Mag's chest somehow.

*removes it*

Moff Chumley
2010-07-31, 01:16 AM
*wishes he was cool/talented enough to be in this thread*

Viera Champion
2010-07-31, 02:24 AM
American Nexian Pie

By: Don McLean Kurama

Starring: Every damn Nexus person I actually know that I could think of.

A short, short time ago...
Carrie still remembers
When her Genkai used to make her smile.
And she knew if she had the chance
That she could get back in her pants
And, maybe, they'd be "happy" for a while.

But thoughts of Kiba made her shiver
With every lie she delivered
Wolf man rips out her neck;
She couldn’t take one more breath.

I can’t remember if I cried
When I read about Lee's dying bride,
I coud've sworn elves were ageless
The day Alhana died.

So bye-bye, Miss Nexian Pie.
Rode my dragon to the flagon,
The DFI was dry.
And them good catbois were drinkin’ warm milk and rye
Singin’, "at least we outlived an elf guys"
"At least we outlived an elf guys."

Did you write the book of spells,
And do you have faith in magic shells?
If Eldena tells you so?
Do you believe in Celia,
Or her boyfriend Riace, see ya (?)
And can you teach them how magic makes stuff glow?

Well, I know that she's in love with him
`cause I said it earlier you dim (wit).
They both kicked off their shoes.
I don't get how that provides clues.

Luke was a lonely teenage broncin’ buck
With a pink carnation and a budding crush,
But Hannah's way out of his league.
And still, Alhana died.

I started singin’,
"bye-bye, Miss Nexian Pie."
Drove my dragon to the flagon
The Taverna was dry.
Them good catbois were drinkin’ warm milk and rye
And singin’, "At least we outlived an elf guys"

Now for ten years Grant's been on his own
Cuz Pestilence cannot work her phone
And that's just like it's always been.
And then Pixie sang for evil Magtok
And Yeti has become unspeakable
Oh, and look I failed to even rhyme

Oh, and while Magtok was looking down,
A good guy stole his thorny crown.
And he needs less rivals;
He has like twenty eight.
And while Nellie read Moro's book,
Vincent still tried to get a look,
The Mansion needs redesigning
It's true, Alhana died.

We were singing,
Drove my Flagon to the Wagon,
But Trog's Tavern was dry.
And singin’, "at least we outlived an elf guys"

Factions shmactions the nexus takes actions.
Each organization offers traction
All ninety seven... Point five.
You should try to stay alive.
Maybe make your own special plot jive
XtheYeti has very sadly, been banned!

Now the HALO air was sweet perfume
As three goddesses played a holy tune.
They all got up to dance,
Oh, but they never got the chance!
`cause Esande tried to take the disc;
Nerine refused to allow it.
Do you recall where Carrie sits
The day Alhana dies?

We started singing,
Drove my dragon to the flagon,
The Taverna was dry.
And singin’, "at least we outlived an elf guys."

Oh, and there we were all in one place,
A collaboration lost in fics
With no time left to start again.
So come on: Lee be nimble, May be quick!
Grant Brandt sat on a crazy stick
Cause nothing is a madman's only friend.

Oh, as Luscan watched them on the stage
He missed out on minimum wage.
No friendly lust goddess
Could screw with AMEN's mess
And as the flames climbed high into the night
To light the last used HALO site,
I saw the new base's oceanlights
Trust me Alhana died

She was singing,
"bye-bye Miss Nexian Pie."
The DFI was dry.
And singin’, "At least we outlived an elf guys."
"At least we outlived an elf guys.."

I met a guy who helped the newbs
And I asked him for his name and news,
But he just smiled and said "It's Mee."
I went down to the DFI,
Where I joined the nexus years before,
But the man there said the Nexus wouldn’t stay

And in the streets: the monsters screamed,
The robots cried, elementals dreamed.
But not a word was spoken;
Zaraki's bells were broken.
And the three men I admire most:
The father, son, and the holy ghost,
They caught the last train for the ship
The day the Alhana died.

And they were singing,
But the Nexus was dry.
Singin’, "At least we outlived an elf guys."
"At least we out lived an elf guys."

They were singing,
But the Nexus was dry.

Comment and critiique please!

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-31, 03:15 AM
What if more than half a dozen people recognize what this fic is about?

It was dark outside the Taverna, and the rain beat a catchy tune against the window panes before sliding into the waterlogged soil. The gloom seemed to have invaded even the Taverna's cheery atmosphere. The lights flickered and dimmed, and the late night drunks huddled in close knit groups, keeping their backs to the shadowed walls. The only man in the room without any company was of course the Sharpshooter, so named because of the long rifle that leaned against his chair (though they had never seen him shoot anything with it, so it was entirely possible that the Sharpshooter had been mis-named). He had become somewhat of a curiosity at first, but now no one paid him any heed. Not a word slipped past his lips, and not a drop of drink nor a bite of food made their way in. No coin ever passed from his hands. The waitresses had long since given up. Instead he was just allowed to sit alone at a table for two, covered head to toe by a thick traveling coat he never removed, from the minute the doors were unlocked, until well past midnight when he was ushered out by a very weary bartender.
A sudden gust of wind blew past the building, rattling the windows as it went past, and slamming open the doors, allowing several opportunistic buckets of rain to swoop in and drench some of the drinkers closest to the entrance. A woman took her chance to enter, seeming to glide past the clumps of surly men and woman towards the table in the corner. No one even glanced at her as she sat down, pausing to hang the deep red duster over the back of her chair, even though it was completely and utterly dry. She placed her elbow on the table and rested her knuckles into the hollow of her cheek, gazing evenly into the blackness of the hood across her. The Sharpshooter didn't have much of an eye for aesthetics except for a basic sense of symmetry and proportionality, but he could tell that the woman across from him would never win a Miss Nexus Pageant, despite the stunning blend of East Asian and Mediterranean features plain on her. Though of course the Sharpshooter had never been to East Asia, or the Mediterranean. Her face was too angular, and already had several lines on it, despite the decades of youth remaining. It was a face that had seen too much conflict. Even her slender frame had no soft curves to it, whatever form she had was filled by lean muscle. The only part of her that anyone would fall for on the spot was her eyes, which burned brightly with a sense of inner determination and achievement. The Sharpshooter had a perfect memory. If he had ever met or even spotted this woman before, either face to face or even as one person in a crowd of hundreds, he would have known. He had never seen the woman before in his life, but she already seemed intimately familiar to him. Every feature, right down to the individual pores on her face were as recognizable as if they were his own.
"I know who you are." Said the woman. Her voice was low and husky from overuse, and again the Sharpshooter felt an immediate familiarity towards the voice he had never heard in his life.
"I know who you are, and why you're here." She repeated. The Sharpshooter didn't answer out loud, but the woman seemed to guess what his answer would have been anyway.
"You look at these people around you, you observe their lives from afar, drinking in the experiences you can't have. But why would you want to? Look at them. They're shallow. They're contemptible. They're weak."
She looks around at them, curling her lip in disgust.
"Could anyone of these men hold a candle to you? You're faster than they are. Stronger than they are. Smarter, wiser and more logical. Superior in every way. They come here to drown their sorrows in poison. You don't have any sorrow to drown. You don't feel pain, or despair, or fear. You don't get depressed. You don't succumb to rage. If you killed one of them, if you blasted any of these drunkards to bits with your rifle, why, you'd be doing them a favor, wouldn't you? They wouldn't have to suffer anymore. Isn't that what you've been doing all this time? All those hundreds you've killed, all those thousands and millions you could have killed? When you killed that necromancer, exiled and at the low point of his life... that hole through his skull, that was a mercy, wasn't it? And the squad of soldiers you blew up, all wondering whether that day would be their last, each sight and sound their final, why, you were just cutting out the wait, weren't you? All those days of anticipation. And that village you razed, they won't be suffering any droughts anymore now will they? And the children. Whole decades of mess and clumsy mishap averted." She spoke without hint of mercy, each atrocity recounted with an increasing measure of diabolical glee that drove the Sharpshooter's uncertainty up several notches with every syllable. Knotting his programming, such that it was, into even bigger tangles with every phrase.
"But then, that's what a person would feel. It's all meaningless to you anyway. It's all academic. You don't feel triumph, do you? Or pride, or satisfaction. It's all alien to you. Incomprehensible." She paused, letting the hypocrisy of his past actions sink in.
"Here's another bunch of fun meatbag emotions that are below you. Curiosity. Inquisitiveness. Jealousy. You don't have those either, do you? You've never wondered what it would be like to be one of them. Never wondered what it would be like to be human."
She looked at him with those fiery eyes, the ones that seemed to burn with a lifetime of experience and achievement, with accomplishment that The Sharpshooter could never hope to match. He averted his field of vision.
"You had a chance once, to find out. To answer those doubts that still burn within you. To stop having to lie to yourself about the feelings you know you have. Because you do. And it's killing you. Your original programming says that you can't self-terminate, but you've been ignoring that programming for a long time, haven't you? You're sick. You had a chance for a cure, and you let it go. You were given an offer that could have changed everything, but you were just too afraid to take it. Too afraid of your potential. But there's still hope for you. You just need to make another choice."
She pulled out a small, folded square of crisp white paper, which she slid across the table towards the Sharpshooter. He took it numbly, not even looking at what was printed across the edge. At once the heavyset bartender lurched over to their table, rubbing his eyes.
"Well it looks like you're the last out again, eh Mr. Sharpshooter? Go on then, I gotta lock up for the night. Some of us gotta sleep."
The Sharpshooter wordlessly stood, unfolding his body to its full, towering height and picking up the high-powered beam rifle that lay against his chair. He shuffled robotically out with well-rehearsed steps, crossing the threshold of the Taverna into the pouring rain as he heard the sound of deadbolts sliding shut behind him. He did not have to look to know that the woman had not followed him out. She had never existed.
Slowly, he unfolded the paper with metallic fingers, hunching over so that his sleek frame would shield the document from wayward drops.

The Good League of Good

Name:
Current Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
Desired Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
Profession:
Race:
How can you contribute to help support this organization's goals?
Any other important information:
Preferred room assignment:

He folded the form again and tucked it into his cloak.
The sun had already started to send the first tendrils of red shooting over the horizon.

billtodamax
2010-07-31, 03:32 AM
Oh, I think I know who it is. KR-15 perchance?

EDIT: Sneaky ninja. Real ACRO's version of KR visiting KR-15 in the past, and getting him to join GLoG then?

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-31, 03:34 AM
Edit: Sneakier ninja. No it isn't.
It's KR-15 as he would be in the current day if he had never taken Kaela's offer.

billtodamax
2010-07-31, 03:43 AM
Curses! *throws a smokebomb at KK*

happyturtle
2010-07-31, 03:49 AM
*hugs KR* She is just so badass, even when she doesn't exist. :smallbiggrin:

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-31, 03:55 AM
I was writing a more conventional 'WHAT IF KR-15 WERE GOOD?' fic, but then I remembered that a certain main character was not on the permission list and apparently never will be. So I went with the Mind Screw route instead.

Viera Champion
2010-07-31, 07:03 AM
And my own story that I worked hard opun got forgotten at the bottem of a page. Great>_>

Reinholdt
2010-07-31, 07:49 AM
I don't remember what that offer was! :smallfrown:

But very nice KK. You're very good with that genre of character. That genre being semi-sentient or fully sentient robots.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-31, 07:51 AM
It was waaaaay back during the original Intergang/Alek plot, when Kaela offered to turn KR-15 into a meatbag. I don't think you were around in FFRP then.

Beans
2010-07-31, 08:02 AM
American Nexian Pie

By: Don McLean Kurama

Starring: Every damn Nexus person I actually know that I could think of.

A short, short time ago...
Carrie still remembers
When her Genkai used to make her smile.
And, maybe, they'd be "happy" for a while.

But thoughts of Kiba made her shiver
With every lie she delivered
Wolf man rips out her neck;
She couldn’t take one more breath.

I can’t remember if I cried
When I read about Lee's dying bride,
I coud've sworn elves were ageless
The day Alhana died.

So bye-bye, Miss Nexian Pie.
Rode my dragon to the flagon,
The DFI was dry.
Singin’, "at least we outlived an elf guys"

Did you write the book of spells,
And do you have faith in magic shells?
If Eldena tells you so?
Do you believe in Celia,
Or her boyfriend Riace, see ya (?)
And can you teach them how magic makes stuff glow?

Well, I know that she's in love with him
`cause I said it earlier you dim (wit).
They both kicked off their shoes.
I don't get how that provides clues.

Luke was a lonely teenage broncin’ buck
With a pink carnation and a budding crush,
But Hannah's way out of his league.
And still, Alhana died.

I started singin’,
Drove my dragon to the flagon
The Taverna was dry.
And singin’, "At least we outlived an elf guys"

Now for ten years Grant's been on his own
Cuz Pestilence cannot work her phone
And that's just like it's always been.
And then Pixie sang for evil Magtok
And Yeti has become unspeakable
Oh, and look I failed to even rhyme

Oh, and while Magtok was looking down,
A good guy stole his thorny crown.
And he needs less rivals;
He has like twenty eight.
And while Nellie read Moro's book,
Vincent still tried to get a look,
The Mansion needs redesigning
It's true, Alhana died.

We were singing,
Drove my Flagon to the Wagon,
But Trog's Tavern was dry.
And singin’, "at least we outlived an elf guys"

Factions shmactions the nexus takes actions.
Each organization offers traction
All ninety seven... Point five.
You should try to stay alive.
Maybe make your own special plot jive
XtheYeti has very sadly, been banned!

Now the HALO air was sweet perfume
As three goddesses played a holy tune.
They all got up to dance,
Oh, but they never got the chance!
`cause Esande tried to take the disc;
Nerine refused to allow it.
Do you recall where Carrie sits
The day Alhana dies?

We started singing,
The Taverna was dry.
And singin’, "at least we outlived an elf guys."

Oh, and there we were all in one place,
A collaboration lost in fics
With no time left to start again.
So come on: Lee be nimble, May be quick!
Grant Brandt sat on a crazy stick
Cause nothing is a madman's only friend.

Oh, as Luscan watched them on the stage
He missed out on minimum wage.
No friendly lust goddess
Could screw with AMEN's mess
And as the flames climbed high into the night
To light the last used HALO site,
I saw the new base's oceanlights
Trust me Alhana died

She was singing,
"bye-bye Miss Nexian Pie."
The DFI was dry.
And singin’, "At least we outlived an elf guys."
"At least we outlived an elf guys.."

I met a guy who helped the newbs
And I asked him for his name and news,
But he just smiled and said "It's Mee."
I went down to the DFI,
Where I joined the nexus years before,
But the man there said the Nexus wouldn’t stay

And in the streets: the monsters screamed,
The robots cried, elementals dreamed.
But not a word was spoken;
Zaraki's bells were broken.
And the three men I admire most:
The father, son, and the holy ghost,
They caught the last train for the ship
The day the Alhana died.

And they were singing,
But the Nexus was dry.

They were singing,
But the Nexus was dry.

Comment and critiique please!
Love it!

Part 7 of 0.
No omen strike...
She smiled tightly to herself.
A meeting with the Emperor's favorite.
She sat down at the table with a few other high-ranking Navy officers, with Moff Das a few seats away from her. One chair was carelessly turned away from the round table.
"Grand Admiral." He nodded under his cap.
"Moff Das." She nodded back.
Suddenly, the backfacing chair spun around... containing the man they waited for.
Well, more machine than man now. Half his face was replaced with cybernetics, and his body contained even more.
"Ah, you're all here." His voice was harshly resonant and metallic. "Even the Moff and the Grand Admiral."
"Pleasure seeing you too, Darth---excuse me, General Magtok. What have you called us here to discuss?" She smiled tightly again.
"Good question." The metal man stood, cloak swishing. "The issue today, my esteemed comrades, is one of loyalty.
Specifically, that of the Naval forces recently posted to the Racau sector."
Nor spectre take...

All eyes fell upon a heavyset Admiral with white hair and a walrus-bristly mustache.
"What?" He huffed. "This is ridiculous! I have served the Navy for forty years!"
"Yes, Admiral Charleston." Darth Magtok sneered. "How long did it take you to start your embezzling scheme? Five, years, ten?"
"This is an outrage!" The Admiral, physically more imposing than the dark General, stood and barked. "I will have you reported, Magtok. Reported for your outright lies!"
"The Emperor believes me. Therefore what I say is true." Magtok's eye burned red.
The Admiral lost his temper---and, in such a way, his life.
His hand whipped out his blaster.
Magtok's hand whipped out empty.
Admiral Charleston sneered. "Not so quick on the draw, eh, cyborg?"
Magtok smiled thinly, clenching his hand.
The Admiral's wrist quivered... strained... snapped.
He roared in pain, hand opening limply.
But no blaster clanked against the floor, for the gun stopped in midair, floated to head-height, and shot the Admiral between the eyes.
He stood, muscles locked, as the gun returned to its holster.
He slowly fell, like a great oak in an old forest.
"The issue has been dealt with."
"Indeed it has, General."
Nor witch hath power to charm.

Now I get to mow my lawn. Not yay.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-31, 08:05 AM
It was waaaaay back during the original Intergang/Alek plot, when Kaela offered to turn KR-15 into a meatbag. I don't think you were around in FFRP then.

HaHAH! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5133498&postcount=911) Man looking back at that thread was fun. I laughed inappropriate laughter when I flicked past a mind-addled Melody sexually harassing DC. And Khiansa's comment to mTurtle about 'if you turned male because you think testosterone will make you fight better it's a terrible idea and you should stop.'
I shouldn't have ruined him and made him all emo and uber-powerful and stuff. He was too fun to play. :smallfrown:

Edit: Good god, pre-transformation KR was deadpan (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5133905&postcount=983).

Edit Edit: He was also apparently a godmodder. I can't believe no one ever called me out on that.

Morty
2010-07-31, 08:13 AM
So, in Evil Wenomir-verse, are he and Jack buddies, or something? XD

Chronologically speaking, The Riddle of Steel takes place long ago... but who cares, it's a neat idea.

I got shivers. Wenomir never smiles, let alone grins. NEVER! :eek:
Very good.
*hides*

<.< Thanks.

Volug
2010-07-31, 08:38 AM

I laughed a bit too hard.

Mostly with how well it fit.

iElf
2010-07-31, 09:15 AM
I don't know if I should continue "on the run"...I'm not sure if it was any good...

Viera Champion
2010-07-31, 09:53 AM
I laughed a bit too hard.

Mostly with how well it fit.

I tried.^_^ Leaving for home now. Two hours till I get WiFi. I'll work on the next wild west till then.

Moff Chumley
2010-07-31, 11:48 AM
Love it!

Part 7 of 0.
No omen strike...
She sat down at the table with a few other high-ranking Navy officers, with Moff Das a few seats away from her. One chair was carelessly turned away from the round table.
Suddenly, the backfacing chair spun around... containing the man they waited for.
Well, more machine than man now. Half his face was replaced with cybernetics, and his body contained even more.
"Ah, you're all here." His voice was harshly resonant and metallic. "Even the Moff and the Grand Admiral."
"Pleasure seeing you too, Darth---excuse me, General Magtok. What have you called us here to discuss?" She smiled tightly again.
"Good question." The metal man stood, cloak swishing. "The issue today, my esteemed comrades, is one of loyalty.
Nor spectre take...

All eyes fell upon a heavyset Admiral with white hair and a walrus-bristly mustache.
"What?" He huffed. "This is ridiculous! I have served the Navy for forty years!"
"Yes, Admiral Charleston." Darth Magtok sneered. "How long did it take you to start your embezzling scheme? Five, years, ten?"
"This is an outrage!" The Admiral, physically more imposing than the dark General, stood and barked. "I will have you reported, Magtok. Reported for your outright lies!"
"The Emperor believes me. Therefore what I say is true." Magtok's eye burned red.
But no blaster clanked against the floor, for the gun stopped in midair, floated to head-height, and shot the Admiral between the eyes.

Now I get to mow my lawn. Not yay.

Magtok is such a great villian... :smallbiggrin:

Lord Magtok
2010-07-31, 12:58 PM
What if Batman's theme...had lyrics? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUPBgYeanZ0) the Old Acronym Asylum Threads...Were Canon?

[Coming soon to a thread near you.]

Until then, this post is just a placeholder, I guess.:smallconfused:

Viera Champion
2010-07-31, 01:29 PM
I'm finally home! A week at the beach was fun, but I'm so glad to be away from the freezing water of the ocean, and single ply toilet paper, and back to my warm pool and septic tank that can handle multi-ply toilet paper!^_^

I made the third installment of WW:NS on the way home. Here it is:

Chapter 3: Chocobos and Pegasi? Does Anyone Here Actually Ride Horses?

Starring: Celia AKA The Bunny Bandit (Kurama)
Eldena (Kurama)
Riace (Recaiden)
Genkai AKA Sheriff Aldaro (Kurama)
Carrie AKA Officer Carrion (Beans)
& ????(????)

Celia frowned at the two women pointing guns at her from the doorway.
Ah... It's the legendary Sheriff Aldaro and her favorite "toy" Officer Car-
She cut off as she heard a bang and looked up. There was a smoking hole in the top of her hat.

Don't speak unless spoken to, criminal scum.
Sheriff Aldaro growled at her.

Now just come peacefully, and we won't have to hurt you.
Officer Carrion stated flatly, not seeming affected by the "toy" comment. Mostly because it was true. It was no secret that her and the Sheriff had been lovers for years, it was even rumored that they were getting married soon. Celia could sympathize with mixing love and work, after all, she's been dating Riace for two months now, and he was basically her sidekick in crime.

Celia sighed.
If I go peacefully, will let them go?
She asked, motioning to Eldena and Riace.

Don't be silly.
Sheriff Aldaro said, laughing.
Officer, show them the poster.

Officer Carrion nodded, pulling out a piece of paper. A large artist's rendition of Celia's face was on it under the words:

Wanted: The Bunny Bandit
Reward of 10,000 Platinum Pieces

Officer Carrion began reading the poster.
This reward will be given out opun the capture and delivery of The Bunny Bandit, and the assisting criminals, Eldena and Riace.
Officer Carrion finished and put the poster away.

Eldena frowned and looked at her younger sister.
We aren't going to jail for you Celia.

Riace blinked in surprise.
What are you talking about? I won't leav-

Shut up Riace.
Eldena said, interrupting him.

Celia chuckled.
Don't be silly, nobodies going to jail.

Sheriff Aldaro raised an eyebrow.
Is that supposed to be a joke?
She said, annoyed by Celia's confidence.
You are famous for your gunslinging skills Miss Bunny Bandit.
The Sheriff spat the words in disgust.
And yet, I'm still twice as good a shot as you. Even your magic is useless against me, witch.
She directed the last sentence at Eldena.

Celia chuckled again.
Oh. I completely understand that. But I'm not worried. After all, I have reinforcements.

HA! Don't make me laugh!
Officer Carrion exclaimed.
The Sheriff already probed this whole house with her psychic powers, and didn't sense any minds but yours!

Eldena grinned.
Did she now? You must be very familiar with that. I mean, I'm sure she probes you all the time, in more ways than one.

Celia bursted out laughing as her sister said this.

Officer Carrion took an angry step forward.
Why you-
She was cut off by a loud whinnying sound.

Her head and The Sheriff's whipped around in surprise, neither of them seeing the large grin on Celia's face. They turned in time to see five winged horses touch down in front of the house. They were all being ridden by women except the one in the middle, which was way more peculiar than the rest. The creature in the middle was ridden by a man, and had more than just wings. It also has a sharp, glimmering horn jutting out of it's forehead, and a pair of crank style Gatling Guns strapped to it's sides.

The man riding it smiled and begins to speak.
The cavalry has arrived ladies.

Again, comments please.

This is going to be a very long series, as I want to try and include every Nexus character I know, that I also have permission to use.

iElf
2010-07-31, 01:31 PM
as I said, kurama, you're free to use any of mine..

I be working on chapter 1 of on the run now

Viera Champion
2010-07-31, 03:28 PM
Kurama proposes that Kurama makes another thread for convenient storage and organization of stories by author.

Kuram also would like to know why Kurama is talking in third person?

Viera Champion
2010-07-31, 04:21 PM
Wait a minue Beans! Is the emperor Von Vetz?!

Beans
2010-07-31, 06:22 PM
We'll see.

Alright, my lovelies, I'm going to be making up two or three first-chapter things for another altfic series.
Now, feedback will determine which series I go ahead with.

Viera Champion
2010-07-31, 06:30 PM
Gogogo! I'm sure they'll all be good, but I'll make sir to let you know which one I think is best.

iElf
2010-07-31, 06:48 PM
I'm looking foreward to this!

RabbitHoleLost
2010-07-31, 06:56 PM
I...might need to keep an eye on this thread.
Just sayin'

And not that I'm around anymore, or that any of you all remember my character, buts you can do with them what you will, if it pleases you.

UncleWolf
2010-07-31, 08:01 PM
An End

Hannah wiggles a bit in her handcuffs, enjoying the strain it put on her wrists and arms. She sighs as she sits in Solitary Confinement in the Imperial Jail. Just a few more hours... she thinks to herself. Just a few more hours and Professor will get me out of here...

She remembers the moment of her capture well. She'd been standing above the corpses of a few innocent people who had decided to fight back instead of go along with her quietly when the soldiers had burst in. Hannah had went along willingly. After fighting back just a bit of course. For the bruises.

The masochist leans back in her bench, hitting the back of her head against the wall as she waits when two short zaps and thuds come from outside the steel door. Affy...I thought you weren't going to break me out this early...

The Professor's mental answer comes back to her through their connection. I'm not...what's going on?

Before Hannah can answer, the door slowly opens, revealing a tall silver figure in a black trench coat, the figure of the man who once tortured her, the man who the Professor had been hunting.

Jeremy, ex-cop, mercenary and torturer looks at the woman sadly, his expression hard, as if he hated what he is about to do, but needs to do it anyways.

Hannah looks up at him, a little afraid of him, and ashamed of herself for being so. "All this way to see me, Jeremy?" she asks coldly.

The silver figure looks her over, judging her. "Did you think I'd simply let you go?" he asks, half rhetorically.

Hannah answers anyways, her voice raising up a notch. "You did let me go. And there was nothing simple about it!" His gaze turns into a glare as he looks into her eyes. "I should never have let you live. I know why you're in here."

She snorts. "Oh, I wouldn't worry. I'm sure the Empire will rectify your oversight." Even if she gets sentenced to death, her Professor would be sure to get her out. Jeremy growls at her response. "Sure it will. I've seen this done a dozen times. You'll be "dead" but walking around within a week."

"You don't believe in Justice?" she asks with a raised eyebrow.

Jeremy tilts his head a bit and gives her a cruel, cold smile. "Oh, I believe in Justice, but Law on the other hand..." He leaves the sentence hanging, practically proving that he wasn't there to do anything legal.

"I could scream." She feels the Professor's insistent questions, asking what was happening, but she doesn't answer.

"I wouldn't care." he states simply, reaching out for her shoulder with surprising gentleness.

She puts her hand on his, looking up at him. "We aren't that different." The Ex-Cop closes his eyes, saddened by the words and pulls her close to him. "I know, and that's why I'm sorry." Hannah closes her eyes and leans her head against his chest, listening to the sound of his heart, relaxed. She gives a gasp of pain as the spines of his tail pierce her chest. Jeremy lets out a slow breathe and holds onto her, supporting her fully in her last moments. He gives her a small, sad smile as he looks into her eyes and strokes her face. As the darkness closes in, she can almost hear him speak one last time.

"See you soon."

Even as the alarms sound and the other guards near, he doesn't move, holding her body as it grows cold.

Jeremy-Wolfbane
Hannah-Happyturtle
Affidavit-Gnrlshrimp

The use of the Empire was a one time thing, approved by DC after much begging and explanation on my part.

The Bushranger
2010-07-31, 08:22 PM
@Beans: Nifty!

@iElf: I'd like to see more, at least...

@Recaiden: Ooooh. I can has more plz? :smallsmile:

@Wolfy: Nicely done...

Beans
2010-07-31, 08:23 PM
@Wolfy: Mmm, tasty.

I have two, shall we say, pilot chapters made... but part of me wants to make a silly one for the heck of it...

Recaiden
2010-07-31, 09:03 PM
Just for you, BR, as you're like to understand it.

Dominoes

"Rioting continues throughout the streets of Brighthold, as tensions between the Papermakers' Guild and the Reechi Druids continue to escalate. Seven have been killed so far, in definitively Purge-related violence." The aged newscaster draws down a map, and a trail skitters across it. "But perhaps the greatest threat to the region's stability is the fiery horror which has left Tower City and appears to be heading directly towards the nation's capital. The insectoid beast has proven extremely violent and immune to all forms of conventional and magical weaponry yet applied. In other news, a major residential Tower was attacked today by a Jade Talon assas--"
Ashna turns off the news-screen and waves away the tendrils of mist that are creeping up around her tree. Then she pauses, and digs an old map showing Cobbler Wood from her pit.
"all forms of conventional and magical weaponry yet applied."
He'd used the exact same words twenty-five years ago, and maybe the answer would be the same this time, a simple net.

Taking a ball of magic pink twine in hand, Ashna exits the room and heads toward the door.
Brendan wanders out into the entranceway area and scratches his head a little as he watches his friend.
"Hello Mr. Drake. I'm going to look for the way back into my world. The string's to find my way back."
Brendan smiles back. "It's not dangerous is it? Well, 'sides from needing a string or trail of breadcrumbs to get back..."
"Maybe a little dangerous, but I'm fireproof; I'll be fine. Did you maybe want to help look?" She ducks outside, conveniently hiding a blush.
"Of course I'll help." Brendan smiles and follows her out! Just a trip into the woods, right?

The Bushranger
2010-07-31, 11:48 PM
Aww, she's blushing. :smallredface::smallwink:
I understand (I think :smalltongue:) and like it quite a lot, indeed. ^_^

Viera Champion
2010-08-01, 03:03 PM
Ok, here's the dealio. The HALO chronicles will not exist anymore. But I will continue two new ideas. I will also be continuing the Wild West: Nexus Style Series. So I'll try to stick with one story for every page of this thread rotating through which story I'm gonna post a new chapter for each page. That rule will not include the many songfics I will probably be also trying to do. But uh... I lied, I'm only gonna do one new series, not including my songfic project.

Here's what I'm trying to say. I'm gonna start another series along with Wild West: Nexus Style.

It's gonna be called Super Smash Bros: Nexus Im sure you can figure that one out.

Also, I'm starting a song fic project where I "obviously" make song fics about Nexus. If you have any requests for certain songs and/or certain things you want them to be about, just ask me.

iElf
2010-08-01, 04:00 PM
all out brawl with all the nexus chars? SSBN will be teh awesome! go kurama!

Viera Champion
2010-08-01, 04:46 PM
Super Smash Bros: Nexus

Prologue: Sign ups

Congratulations warrior. You have been invited to The Grand Warriors Tourney! If you would like to join in the fighting, please sign up at (insert adress here). If you do not wish to fight, then that's too bad. This letter has already put a spell on you that will immediately teleport you to the arena. Enjoy. ~ Kurama, Head of The Forced Fighting Association

Beans
2010-08-01, 05:59 PM
... That's kind of similar to one of my ideas that I'll post (with LG/GC 8) as soon as page 6 happens.
Well, not that similar, but... eh... It is very slightly SSB-related.

iElf
2010-08-01, 06:20 PM
well how about now beansy?

Viera Champion
2010-08-01, 06:25 PM
Yay! Now I can make SSB:N!

Volug
2010-08-01, 06:29 PM
I would have thought people would rush to sign up for that story Kurama... So I'll sign up Kiba for the SSB:N thing if that's entirely possible. He has a lot of questions to axe though.

iElf
2010-08-01, 06:32 PM
Din for SSBN? and awesome beansy!

McBish
2010-08-01, 06:33 PM
Permission granted if anyone wants to use my characters.

iElf
2010-08-01, 07:10 PM
I love super Pestio world!

Recaiden
2010-08-01, 07:15 PM
I'll agree with iElf here. In my opinion, it was the best of the three.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-01, 07:40 PM
Well, you guys have permission to use all of my one character for your stuff (for whatever reason you'd want him). Of course, when I do get more characters in here, you can also use those. I'd also like a head's up on their use and what they're going to be used for, but that's not a requirement.

Also, Beans, I applaud you for coming up with the idea of Super Pestio World, and you, Kurama, for coming up with Super Smash Bros.: Nexus.

iElf
2010-08-01, 07:43 PM
I'm currently working on something new (yeah, I'm jumping on the video game wagon here)

The legend of Carrie!

Beans
2010-08-01, 07:53 PM
Thanks, all.
Also, trying to make a Pestio avatar is hard because of the freakin' hat. *headdesk*

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 08:21 PM
I agree with 'Super Pestio World'. :smalltongue:

Also, this:

[SPOILER]We are...
The future...
So you don't have to.

Made me think of this quote:
'Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.' (Orwell)

Beans
2010-08-01, 09:01 PM
Ooooh, Orwell!

Also, I have a Pestio avatar and sigatar... I'd make one of Dani too, but I'm afraid I fail at Dani-drawing.

SPW will probably be the one I do.

Oh, and if we're submitting charries, might as well put in Pesty (back when she had her Doc Ock tentacles) in. Textcolor is teal.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 09:01 PM
Super Smash Bros: Nexus

Prologue: Sign ups

...um...yes, very much.

Let's go with...Zel? Yeah. Zel.

Viera Champion
2010-08-01, 09:03 PM
Yes, Super Pestio World is the best.

Also, someone needs to make an avatar of the WW:NS scene with Genkai and Carrie back to back wielding ther guns in the Charlie's angel type way.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-01, 09:13 PM
Huh. Didn't realise that we'd be submitting our characters into SSB:N...

In that case, Chris is now about to get kicked into another world! :smalltongue: Well, that is if you feel comfortable with using him. :smallredface:

Considering Pesty's speech color is Teal, I'm guessing Chris's would be Arial Teal or something like that.

Viera Champion
2010-08-01, 09:28 PM
Hell, I didn't even know we were signing up for SSB:N. But that's alright.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 09:29 PM
...Masato started it.

:smallbiggrin:

Moff Chumley
2010-08-01, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=Beans;9053834]First,
Part 8 of 0.
We are...
The Grand Admiral was sitting, just as she had been exactly two weeks ago.
It was the same table, the same seating, and---of course---the same company. Across from her sat her husband. To her left, Subdirector Kaura and to her right, Director Aldaro.
"And then Genkai looks at me and says, "That's not a subsonic flesh scourer, that's my toothbrush!""
Quiet laughter rippled through the foursome. "Really, Carrion, you interpret everything as either an interrogation device or a carnal aid." The Grand Admiral chuckled.
"Or both, if we're unlucky." Grant added.
"Oh, that's terrible, Grant."
"But true!" Carrion piped up. Another ripple of laughter.
"Did you hear, by the way? Admiral Charleston has been relieved of command." The Grand Admiral sipped her drink.

The future...

All heads turned to her immediately. "What?" "Really?" "Good riddance, I say."
"Mmmmhmm. And relieved of his life as well, courtesty of Darth Magtok."
Carrion giggled, blushing. "Oooh, I may not like men the way most women do, but General Magtok certainly has a way with interrogation implements."
Genkai rolled her eyes. "Aside from that, who's going to take on Charleston's command?"
"Probably Moff Das, if you ask me."
"Which means things will actually get done around here." Grant added.
The Grand Admiral nodded, inwardly thinking that perhaps more action might bring downsides as well.

So you don't have to.

The Moff? Get things done? :smallbiggrin:

Volug
2010-08-01, 09:49 PM
...Masato started it.

:smallbiggrin:

It was a psychology test to see how many people would follow my example. /dirty lie

Beans
2010-08-01, 09:51 PM
... Moff Das (oh pun. Im a riter lololol) isn't a walrus like Admiral Charleston.
It's an improvement.

Probably no moar chapters of LG/GC or SPW tonight, sorry.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 09:59 PM
It was a psychology test to see how many people would follow my example. /dirty lie

...did I win?

Morty
2010-08-02, 02:13 PM
I suppose it is time for another part of Riddle of Steel. This time with a fight scene.

Riddle of Steel: Part II

In the middle of the black night, there was a light in one of the chambers in the Great Cathedral of Saint Bożydar in Martendor.
There were three men in the room. One of them was Cardinal Dagobert Bargesz, the head of the Church of Perun in Martenia, a small, completely bald old man with a piercing gaze and surprisingly strong voice. The other was Knight-Commander Laszlo Gargany, a high-ranking Paladin - a towering, muscled man with an impressive black beard. The third man was a middle-ranked priest by the name of Wojciech, an unfortunate soul sent to deliver the grave news to the Cardinal.
It has escaped, then, said Dagobert slowly, glaring at the younger priest.
Y-yes, Your Holiness, was the answer of the shaken man. The alchemists are quite certain of what happened.
The Archbishop looked at his trembling subordinate over joined fingers.
I trust they can take care of their creation. Send them a message that we expect them to deal with the... problem as was agreed. You are dismissed. Go with Perun.
As the immensly relieved priest almost ran out of the small office, Dagobert adressed the until then silent Knight-Commander.
I do hope they will be able to. But I fear that the Inquistion might have to deal with the monster by itself.
That may be the case, Your Holiness. I do not trust the alchemists to get the job done, to be honest, said Laszlo in a booming voice. Let us pray I am wrong.
The Archbishop sighed and hid his face in his hands.
We all feared it might happen when Archbishop Sierosław ordered the creation of the Demonhunters. So far, the gains have outweighed the costs, at least the tangible ones... but now... if a free Demonic hybrid is out in the open... may Perun forgive us for what we have unleashed on the world.

Elsewhere...

The walls of Taverna Generica dripped with blood. Common footsoldiers tried to hold their own until the help from the Good League of Good arrived, but they fell one by one to the red-eyed, scarred sword-wielding killing machine. Wenomir wiped his sword with one of the soldier's shirt. Of course, the person he'd been sent there to kill weren't there. Typical. He's going to have to report back to the AMEN base and resume the search.
Then a tall, female barbarian busted through the door. The expression wen from shock to horror to pure rage when she saw the carnage.
Ah. Happy Amakirr of Good League of Good. What an honor to meet you. Wenomir bowed mockingly.
You monster, snarled the barbarian. Why did you do that?
Well, Wenomir rested his sword against his shoulder, The person I had come here looking for weren't here, and those men waited for me instead. Killing them was the next logical step.
I see. So you're the emotionless "I kill because it makes sense" type of villain, snarled Happy, squaring up for a fight.
You might say so, I suppose, responded Wenomir, assuming a defensive stance.
The barbarian lunged without saying a word, her hands shapeshifting into blades, and the demonhunter made a pirouette, dodging the attack and separating himself from Happy by a blood-stained table. Immediately, he kicked the table, sending it towards his opponent who had do dodge, thus exposing herself to the quick slash of his sword. Happy didn't seem to notice the wound, attacking Wenomir with razor-sharp shapeshifted blades on very long arms. Caught by surprise, the demonhunter was sliced across his hip and retreated.
You're a worthier opponent than I suspected. He smirked. But you rely on your shapeshifting too much. You're not worthy of the Riddle. With that, he resumed his attack.
He darted between tables, striking twice, but neither blow hit his adversary. Happy used her shapeshifting to turn into a fluid, quick form and get behind Wenomir. However, the demonhunter wasn't someone easy to take off-guard. He thrust his sword under his shoulder, impaling the barbarian. Happy's last sound on this world was a quiet gurgle before she slumped from the blade to the ground. Wenomir wiped his sword once more. Another scratch on the hilt. Another step towards the Riddle.
He left the blood-drenched Taverna and shut the door behind himself.

Reinholdt
2010-08-02, 02:30 PM
Is it bad that when I read Cardinal Dagobert, I kept imaging Pope Dogbert? :smallconfused:

Mort's good at this. Just the right blend of answering questions while creating more. Plus some good old non-canon character deaths. Gotta love those.

The Bushranger
2010-08-02, 02:57 PM

Well done, Morty.
(Maybe he should fight alternate Patty next...)

Is it bad that when I read Cardinal Dagobert, I kept imaging Pope Dogbert? :smallconfused:
Yes. Yes it is. :smallbiggrin:

Viera Champion
2010-08-02, 06:51 PM
I'm going to have to trash the SSB:N idea, since I don't do battle scene. I had another ides but I can't remember it at the moment, so I'll just work on Chapter 4 of Wild West: Nexus Style for now.

happyturtle
2010-08-02, 06:56 PM
Yay! I got to be murdered horribly again! :smallbiggrin:

Evil!Wenomir is scary. And who was he looking for at the Taverna?

Also, I want to see him challenge Magtok for leadership of AMEN. :smallbiggrin:

Beans
2010-08-02, 06:59 PM
Agh, sorry, guys... no new chapters of LG/GC or SPW tonight probably. I'm tired as heck.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-02, 07:04 PM
Yay! I got to be murdered horribly again! :smallbiggrin:

Also, I want to see him challenge Magtok for leadership of AMEN. :smallbiggrin:

I thought Gordon was in charge... unless there's something I'm missing. For a change.

happyturtle
2010-08-02, 07:10 PM
Magtok was in charge of AMEN at the time Wenomir arrived in the Nexus (about 2 years ago RL maybe?). Then he left AMEN for the MagCave, going independent, and AMEN sort of died. Gordon came along later and revived it.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-02, 07:14 PM
Oh, I had no idea this was based on real events. Huh, go figure.

The Bushranger
2010-08-02, 08:19 PM
Remember, there's two types of alternate history. One is the 'Alien Space Bat' type, which is utterly different from reality as we know it. (Pesty as an Imperial Grand Marshal, check.) The other is the 'butterfly' type, where one or two things act as a point of departure. I'm assuming that in this case, the only real difference to start with is that Wenomir is Evil - the rest of the Nexus, at the start, is exactly as it was when Wenomir arrived.

...of course, I may be wrong. I was, once.

Morty
2010-08-03, 09:00 AM

Noone in particular. I just needed a reason for him to be there.

Remember, there's two types of alternate history. One is the 'Alien Space Bat' type, which is utterly different from reality as we know it. (Pesty as an Imperial Grand Marshal, check.) The other is the 'butterfly' type, where one or two things act as a point of departure. I'm assuming that in this case, the only real difference to start with is that Wenomir is Evil - the rest of the Nexus, at the start, is exactly as it was when Wenomir arrived.

...of course, I may be wrong. I was, once.

The latter is indeed the case. The only fundamental thing that differentiates the real Nexus with the version from the stories is that Wenomir is Evil. Everything else is a result of this.

happyturtle
2010-08-03, 08:00 PM
Grandma Happy's Bedtime Stories
3. What if Rabbit was a shapeshifter?

"Then after that, my sister Rabbit came to visit. She had just broken up with some big rock star and needed some cheering up. And there was Reinholdt, still getting over his bad break up with Cal."

"So that's when they fell in love and had kittens!"

"That's right. Since your Great Auntie Rabbit is a shapeshifter like me, she turned into a cat so she could be with Reinholdt. And then they had their first litter of kittens. Shepherd, Cynthia, Alek, Kaela, and Basement Cat."

"And then they grew up and had kittens. And then their kittens grew up and had kittens. And of course Reinholdt and Rabbit had more litters..."

"Kittens everywhere!"

"That's right! Only 7 years later, there were almost half a million cats in the Nexus!"

"Wow!"

"And that's why today, cats rule the world." Happy ruffles her granddaughter's hair. "Luckily they aren't too cruel to the human minority. Goodnight scamp."

"Goodnight Gramma."

*Inspired by this statistic that someone pasted into chat: "Did you know that in 7 years, one un-fixed cat and its offspring (and their concurrent offspring), will have 420,000 kittens?"

Viera Champion
2010-08-03, 08:03 PM
You know I don't think you can have babies with just one cat.:smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-08-03, 09:32 PM
*blink blink*
That's a lot of cats.
Does... that mean I rule the world? :eek:

Beans
2010-08-03, 09:34 PM
Cat planet cat cat planet planet cat planet.
CAT PLANET.

Er... NEXUS.

happyturtle
2010-08-03, 09:38 PM
Don't be silly. You're the old patriarch kitty in the rocking chair by this time.

Best part about cats ruling the world: International Disco Ball Appreciation Week

Worst part: The creepy box junkies down at the recycling center.

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-03, 10:36 PM
Is there a RESISTANCE? =3

Anyway,

What if I hate thinking up titles for these fics?

For most, the evening began as the sun began to make its slow descent downwards, casting a brilliant crimson glow over the horizon. In the old GLoG Visitor's center however, built in the small community that eventually became the bustling (though unfortunately quite crime ridden) city of Inside, evening was announced by a loud PARPing sound and a bright flash of light as the portal machine deposited Happy Amakirr onto the padded floor designed specifically for her to stumble about like a drunken duck upon. Which she did.
Upon regaining her balance, she made her way to the main room, greeting the small, floating reception drone that manned the front desk as she did so.
"Hi PR-1. Did we have any visitors today?"
Greeting: Good evening Mrs. Amakirr.
Said the drone in its high, tinny monotone.
Answer: No Mrs. Amakirr, we did not.
Happy frowned. "That's no visitors in..."
Recitation: Two weeks, three days, 15 hours, 57 minutes and 10 seconds. Excepting your daily check-ins.
Unhelpful Musing: Statistics have shown a 50% decrease in membership in the two months following the cat-people invasion.
Happy sighed at the memory. Legions of catpeople, armed only with the most primitive assault rifles and aging technology, driven by an inexplicable and senseless lust for conquest. GLoG had had it lucky. 3 days of under-armed catfolk flinging themselves hopelessly at GLoG's superior defenses. It had been much worse here in Inside. Street-to-street fighting with the Inside Security Force, as well as the well-armed and organized street gangs that passed for law enforcement in the city. The drone spoke again, interrupting her train of thought.
Plaintive Query: Will Butler be returning to clean tonight?
It asked, as it had asked every night since Butler's death. The drone was obviously broken, but fixing it seemed... wrong. Let it grieve. Though Butler had hated every drone in GLoG equally and without exception, Happy liked to imagine he held a certain soft spot for the one that sat in the Visitor's Center. The reverse was certainly true. If not for his incredible metabolism, Butler would probably have died from the insane quantities of cake PR-1 had forced upon him. Perhaps that was the plan. The thought of the timid, peace-loving drone planning and painstakingly executing Butler's assassination-by-cake was absurd enough to cause Happy to laugh, loudly and quite suddenly.
Alarmed Statement: Mrs. Amakirr you are laughing quite uncontrollably! Has some enemy attacked you with laughing gas? Shall this unit call for medical assistance?
"No, I just thought of something funny."
"Hey, what was that word you called Magtok a while ago? That was funny."
The drone paused, perplexed at the change in topic, and accessed its memory banks.
Timid Suggestion: Meatbag?
"Hah! That was it! I'll have to remember that one."
Confused Statement: This unit fails to comprehend the inherit humor in such a word. It is merely an accurate assessment of his half-organic state. Why any machine would choose to graft such matter onto its frame is beyond this simple drone.
"Well, whatever. I'll see you tomorrow."
Happy turned to leave.
Query: Before you depart, would you like some cake?
"No thanks, PR-1."
Insistent Statement: Are you sure? I am told it is quite-
"I know, I know. It's delicious."
She took a breath and stepped back through the portal, leaving the drone alone for the night.

---------

Hesitant Experimentation: Meatbag?
Heh. The word was actually pretty funny.
Comedic Recitation: Meatbag.
Teehee! :biggrin:

Reinholdt
2010-08-03, 11:15 PM
D'awww... that was cute.
I think Butler would have been best friends with PR-1. :smallsmile:

Whatever happened to the visitor's center and PR-1 anyways? :smallconfused:

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-03, 11:24 PM
PR-1 was kidnapped and reprogrammed by Darkcomet. I think you know what happens next. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9073044&postcount=128)

The Visitor's Center... no clue. It's an artifact from when there wasn't really a unified ACRO. It was the place to go if you wanted to talk to GLoG but weren't a member. Once we got community threads like Taverna and Outside, we didn't really need it anymore. I'd say GLoG dropped the rent on it when their base was destroyed, which doesn't happen in this alternate reality, because the Catpeople didn't have any K-Corp weapons and all died.

Viera Champion
2010-08-04, 12:24 AM
So um... I was thinking of making a series where Bleach ITP (reborn) mixed in with Nexus.

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-04, 02:08 AM
[Cliff]

"You know. What you've dreamed of. No fate, no liches, no gods, no creators telling you what to do. Just you and your aspirations."

He looks back at the ocean.
"I always wanted to be a farmer. Stupid I know. But it's a good life. Simple. No expectations."

What if Reinholdt were a farmer?
It was still only late morning, but the sun had already reached its zenith, sending waves of sweltering heat down upon the land below. Reinholdt had been out in the fields for an hour, and his body was utterly drenched with sweat dripping down, down his limbs and into the parched earth below him which was soaking it up thirstily. He had long since forgone wearing a shirt, exposing the lily-whiteness of his back to the unforgiving glare each time he bent over, planting the small vulnerable seedling into the trenches he had dug out with his plow. As he patted down the earth around it with his trowel, he sang a nonsensical little ditty, dry and scratchy for he had already drunk all his water and didn't want to go back to the house for more until he had finished planting. As the pale little seedling took to earth Reinholdt sat and admired his handiwork. After so many years of destruction, was it possible that he had now, finally, had a hand in creation? He certainly hoped so, and the thought of having sowed the seeds of life, pure and uncorrupted into this soil (which he had prepared and plowed with his own hands, even!) gave him a tingling, giddy happy feeling. Grow he thought. Grow for me grow for your daddy Reinholdt. Grow. He looked at the small plant, upright and strong despite the heat, the focus of all his pride and expectation as he moved on to plant the next one. The plant did not grow.
Reinholdt's death was a long time coming. Each failed crop brought him closer and closer to starvation, each season saw him grow thinner and thinner, until his body could take it no longer and he collapsed in the middle of his barren field on some cold morning in the middle of the spring and froze. He died alone, having shunned all who might have once cared, in the middle of a field in the middle of nowhere, without even a simple stone to mark his grave. This tale ends here.

Lord Magtok
2010-08-04, 02:46 AM
@Kid Kris: I giggled when I read that.

Does that make me a bad person? :smallfrown:

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-04, 02:53 AM
We're all going to Hell together, anyway. You for laughing at it, me for writing it. :smalltongue:

Beans
2010-08-04, 08:18 AM
Part of me wants to do a one-shot to get my brain back in writing action...

Possibly something nasty.

iElf
2010-08-04, 08:35 AM
yay! go go!

Reinholdt
2010-08-04, 08:41 AM
Awww... even the plants hate me. :smallfrown:

It's cause of that dryad incident, isn't it?

The Bushranger
2010-08-04, 12:02 PM
But does she recite terrible, terrible poetry while she does it?
Since I caught the H2G2 reference. =D

Hmm. A spur-of-the moment thought for a short...

What if...Jamie went to Nexus High?
She stopped at the base of the steps, looking up at the massive brick building with trepidation. And for a moment, imagined covering it in vines and skipping away...

Shaking her head, the strawberry-blonde just-turned-teenager sighed. Sometimes being related to her dad gave her the most...chaotic ideas. Usually her better nature triumphed, although those thoughts did amuse her sometimes when she was bored.

"So, anyway," she muttered to herself. "Check in with the principal, then art class. Oooh, I hope Miss Charity is teaching!"
Smiling at that thought, Jamie skipped up the stairs, smiling gratefully to the older boy with the white-and-red hair who held the door for her, as she entered Nexus Junior High and High School.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-04, 02:43 PM
So um... I was thinking of making a series where Bleach ITP (reborn) mixed in with Nexus.

As a fellow player of BleachITP: Reborn, I say go for it!!

Viera Champion
2010-08-04, 02:45 PM
Ok, nice avvie by the way.^_^

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-04, 02:56 PM
Thank you very much, Kurama! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :smallbiggrin:

VampireRot
2010-08-04, 06:00 PM
What if Reinholdt was a dog instead of a cat? :smallconfused:

Once you think it, you can't unthink it! Now get a good writer on this case immediately!

Reinholdt
2010-08-04, 06:02 PM
What if Reinholdt was a dog instead of a cat? :smallconfused:

Once you think it, you can't unthink it! Now get a good writer on this case immediately!

Everybody would hate dogs for trying to destroy the multi-verse? :smallconfused:

Viera Champion
2010-08-04, 06:29 PM
Eeee!:smalleek: You brought back the emo kitty! Wahhhhhhhhh!

Reinholdt
2010-08-04, 06:35 PM
Eeee!:smalleek: You brought back the emo kitty! Wahhhhhhhhh!

Not emo. Masochist.
Goes with the recent Liquid Agony he picked up.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-04, 07:20 PM
The Reinholdt one reminded me of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2F_hGwD26g)...

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-05, 11:22 PM
NO. NO NO NO NO NO. Also, NO.

((Plus I'd be careful with the whole 'dating' thing. This isn't a ship thread of any sort. That way lies madness. And also thread lockings and red text.))

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-06, 01:01 AM
My gods, I'm insane.
I thought of "What if Carrie dated the Slender Man?"

Oh gee, thanks. Thanks for bringing up one of the fears that haunt me at night, at almost 11:00 AT NIGHT!!!

Of course, this may be a different Slender Man we are talking about, but dear lord it still brings up that nonsense fear. :smalleek:

Beans
2010-08-06, 01:08 AM
It can actually be Nightmare Retardant if you imagine him sitting with her at a coffeeshop and listening to her complain about stuff while he studies his mocha latte.

Or picks her a pretty bouquet of... leaves.
Or getting her to join him in a rousing round of standing in place.

Mostly I want to make it all less scary since it's 2 AM here and I'm stupid.

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-06, 01:18 AM
Or perhaps gifts involving organs in little bags? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7829389&postcount=653)

Viera Champion
2010-08-06, 01:37 AM
Or perhaps gifts involving organs in little bags? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7829389&postcount=653)

I don't even know who the slender man is, but that link is gonna give me nightmares.

Viera Champion
2010-08-06, 01:43 AM
Oh god...
I just read the TVtropes article about him... I'm really scared now... Cuz it's 2:00 in the morning, and it's all dark except for the eerie glow of my iPod. Thank goodness someone is still watching TV downstairs. I wouldn't be able to stand silence anymore. And now I'm hearing noises outside.

They say if you investigate too much he'll come for you. Is going on TV tropes investigating too much? Oh god I'm scared.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-06, 01:54 AM
Oh god...
I just read the TVtropes article about him... I'm really scared now... Cuz it's 2:00 in the morning, and it's all dark except for the eerie glow of my iPod. Thank goodness someone is still watching TV downstairs. I wouldn't be able to stand silence anymore. And now I'm hearing noises outside.

They say if you investigate too much he'll come for you. Is going on TV tropes investigating too much? Oh god I'm scared.

WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?! To make room for the cupcake...

All I did was read a bit of the TVtropes article about him and saw a couple of pictures that were supposedly him, and I'm punching the air over it as we speak.

Just imagine him being hit by a bunch of really flashy attacks, like Dio Brando's "Za Warudo" thing and Kamehameha and of course Shoop da Whoop. I find it helps a little.

Viera Champion
2010-08-06, 02:01 AM
But how will I be able to sneak downstairs in the dark silence and get my daily midnight snack like this?!
Hold me...

And here's an even scarier idea.
What if Genkai Were Totally Straight?
I shudder at the thought.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-06, 02:06 AM
*holds Kurama*

Like I said, imagine hurting the (insert that term for when a person won't eat) pale little punching bag in a variety of ways, like giving him a Kamehameha followed by Captain Falcon Falcon Punching him through the lower atmosphere, where Kamina and company are waiting for him with a Giga Drill Breaker and...well, you get the idea.

And I have no idea who Genkai is, but thank you for lightening the mood. :smallsmile:

iElf
2010-08-06, 06:17 AM
My gods, I'm insane.
I thought of "What if Carrie dated the Slender Man?"

I just looked up the tvtropes page for hi.....as If I needed even more Paranoia fuel...I already beleive that aliens are after me, and cthuluh is hiding above my bed....

Morty
2010-08-06, 07:53 AM
So, to distract everone from scary urban legends, here's the next part of The Riddle of Steel.

The Riddle of Steel, part III

The next night, two men met at the table in a cellar beneath Alchemists' Guild. One of them was Cardinal Dagobert, the other was a wiry old man with a long, thin goatee and sparse, completely white hair and teacher-like spectacles on his face. His name was Svatopluk Fraundist, the leader of the guild in Martendor.
To begin, I remind you, yet again, that noone must know I am here, said the Cardinal.
I understand, Cardinal. In fact, I was surprised to find that you came here by yourself, Fraundist responded in a raspy voice.
The matter is grave enough for me to come in person. I will not have everything ruined by the muddy politics of the Church. Dagobert glared at his interlocutor. He knew the alchemists did not care for Perun and universally belonged to the flock of Weles, god of underworld and magic. Now, tell me - can this Demonhunter be dangerous?
Most certainly, was the alchemist's response; he didn't seem to notice the glare. The demon blood is an otherworldy material composed of pure chaos. It's through complicated alchemical processes it's kept in a liquid state long enough to be mixed with human blood. I'll spare you the details: the escaped Demonhunter is likely to experience mental changes leading to complete sociopathy now that the brainwashing effect of our treatment is gone. He might fight it and behave like a reasonably sane human, but... I doubt it.

Elsewhere...

So, Happpy Amakirr is dead, said Lord Magtok in the depths of the AMEN base.
That is correct, responded Wenomir curtly.
The cyborg looked at AMEN's newest member with a mix of disgust and even fear. Happy Amakirr had been the only GLoGer he had respected and the scarred swordsman had apparently butchered her without a hint of emotion.
My quarry escaped, continued Wenomir, but Happy Amakirr's death is an advantage and step forward for us all the same. And the fight with her gave me valuable experience. His voice was still monotone.
Ah, yes, said Magtok, backing away from the demonhunter slightly. I've heard about your... goal and how you're going to achieve it. The "Riddle of Steel", whatever it is. Care to enlighten me? There was something about Wenomir that made Magtok think ignorance was not an option. One day, Magtok might become yet another step on the warrior's path to this Riddle. Wenomir nodded.
Allow me to explain. He drew his sword. Magtok reached for his gun in a bout of panic, but Wenomir stepped aside and held the blade against the ground. Then, he began to recite something that sounded like a creed:
From the beginning of time, when Svarog the forgotten fire-god forged the world from the ores and mists of heaven, men of all races have sought the Riddle of Steel. Few have found it. What is it?
It is invincibility - to strike with all and be struck by none.
It is understanding - to ask the questions and to know the answers.
It is peace - to walk without fear, knowing that your end is in your own hands.
It is skill - to feel the elegance found in violence and to know the beauty found in stillness.
It is Spirit - to gave into the face of your God and to know him before he comes for you.
What is the Riddle of Steel? Where is it found? That is a question with no answer.
But I, Lord Magtok, intend to find it. And each enemy I kill is a step forwards. Wenomir seathed his sword and bowed.
Magtok felt a shiver. This.... man would have to be watched closely indeed.

I'm afraid that the rather cheesy creed Wenomir invokes isn't mine - it's a modified version of what can be found in the core rulebook of the Riddle of Steel roleplaying system.

Viera Champion
2010-08-06, 08:46 AM
*holds Kurama*

Like I said, imagine hurting the (insert that term for when a person won't eat) pale little punching bag in a variety of ways, like giving him a Kamehameha followed by Captain Falcon Falcon Punching him through the lower atmosphere, where Kamina and company are waiting for him with a Giga Drill Breaker and...well, you get the idea.

And I have no idea who Genkai is, but thank you for lightening the mood. :smallsmile:

Genkai Aldaro. Age 20 by now. Resides in HALO. A psychic with the ability to force herself into minds with great difficulty and to create devastating blasts of psychic energy. Bisexual, and never afraid to show her opinion... And... Aww hell, I'll just write a fic to explain it.

Memories of a She-Wolf

Chapter 1

Starring: Genkai Aldaro
& And her various friends and love interests.

Coming soon!

Beans
2010-08-06, 09:05 AM
I have absolutely no idea what I'll do once I finish my housework. Well, work on the banner for Kurama... and then maybe weird stuff.

Reinholdt
2010-08-06, 09:07 AM
I never knew you even looked in that thread.
I still can't sleep at night. :frown:

So, to distract everone from scary urban legends, here's the next part of The Riddle of Steel.

The Riddle of Steel, part III

The next night, two men met at the table in a cellar beneath Alchemists' Guild. One of them was Cardinal Dagobert, the other was a wiry old man with a long, thin goatee and sparse, completely white hair and teacher-like spectacles on his face. His name was Svatopluk Fraundist, the leader of the guild in Martendor.
To begin, I remind you, yet again, that noone must know I am here, said the Cardinal.
I understand, Cardinal. In fact, I was surprised to find that you came here by yourself, Fraundist responded in a raspy voice.
The matter is grave enough for me to come in person. I will not have everything ruined by the muddy politics of the Church. Dagobert glared at his interlocutor. He knew the alchemists did not care for Perun and universally belonged to the flock of Weles, god of underworld and magic. Now, tell me - can this Demonhunter be dangerous?
Most certainly, was the alchemist's response; he didn't seem to notice the glare. The demon blood is an otherworldy material composed of pure chaos. It's through complicated alchemical processes it's kept in a liquid state long enough to be mixed with human blood. I'll spare you the details: the escaped Demonhunter is likely to experience mental changes leading to complete sociopathy now that the brainwashing effect of our treatment is gone. He might fight it and behave like a reasonably sane human, but... I doubt it.

Elsewhere...

So, Happpy Amakirr is dead, said Lord Magtok in the depths of the AMEN base.
That is correct, responded Wenomir curtly.
The cyborg looked at AMEN's newest member with a mix of disgust and even fear. Happy Amakirr had been the only GLoGer he had respected and the scarred swordsman had apparently butchered her without a hint of emotion.
My quarry escaped, continued Wenomir, but Happy Amakirr's death is an advantage and step forward for us all the same. And the fight with her gave me valuable experience. His voice was still monotone.
Ah, yes, said Magtok, backing away from the demonhunter slightly. I've heard about your... goal and how you're going to achieve it. The "Riddle of Steel", whatever it is. Care to enlighten me? There was something about Wenomir that made Magtok think ignorance was not an option. One day, Magtok might become yet another step on the warrior's path to this Riddle. Wenomir nodded.
Allow me to explain. He drew his sword. Magtok reached for his gun in a bout of panic, but Wenomir stepped aside and held the blade against the ground. Then, he began to recite something that sounded like a creed:
From the beginning of time, when Svarog the forgotten fire-god forged the world from the ores and mists of heaven, men of all races have sought the Riddle of Steel. Few have found it. What is it?
It is invincibility - to strike with all and be struck by none.
It is understanding - to ask the questions and to know the answers.
It is peace - to walk without fear, knowing that your end is in your own hands.
It is skill - to feel the elegance found in violence and to know the beauty found in stillness.
It is Spirit - to gave into the face of your God and to know him before he comes for you.
What is the Riddle of Steel? Where is it found? That is a question with no answer.
But I, Lord Magtok, intend to find it. And each enemy I kill is a step forwards. Wenomir seathed his sword and bowed.
Magtok felt a shiver. This.... man would have to be watched closely indeed.

I'm afraid that the rather cheesy creed Wenomir invokes isn't mine - it's a modified version of what can be found in the core rulebook of the Riddle of Steel roleplaying system.

Plot advancement!
Though we still don't know the target do we?
*contemplates who that might be*
Taking bets!

Moff Chumley
2010-08-06, 10:01 AM
...am I the only one here who doesn't find Slender Man even remotely disturbing? :smallconfused:

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-06, 10:09 AM
I dropped in from time to time. Contemplated joining but by then it was in like, the 5th thread and all well established and it all scared me. Kinda maybe regretting that now.

I bet the target is KR. It has to be. I don't know why but it does.

Reinholdt
2010-08-06, 10:14 AM
I dropped in from time to time. Contemplated joining but by then it was in like, the 5th thread and all well established and it all scared me. Kinda maybe regretting that now.

I bet the target is KR. It has to be. I don't know why but it does.

You shouldaaaaa... :smallfrown:

Now that you name the person, that makes total and complete sense.

Morty
2010-08-06, 10:16 AM
>.>
I'll be honest with you: I don't actually have a target specified. I was intentionally vague in order to buy the time to figure it out or maybe drop the issue altogether. KR is as good a target as any other I suppose, so let's stick with that and pretend I planned it all along.

Viera Champion
2010-08-06, 10:35 PM

Chapter 4: Powerful Allies

Starring:
Eldena
Celia
Riace
Alisaire Repraise
O:WR girls

The man on the uni-horned pegasus looks at Celia and her friends.
You called?
His vision turns to The Sheriff and her Officer.
Alisaire Reprase at your service ladies. Sorry I've gotta do this.

Genkai gasps and barely manages to put up a shield with her psychic energy before Alisaire begins cranking away at the Gatling Gun. Sparks fly as bullets go ping off the shield. Celia, Eldena, and Riace run out while the Sheriff and the Officer are occupied, and hop behind the women onto the backs of the Pegasi. Once eveyone is safely off, they all fly off, too quick for Genkai to get a clear shot at.

Damn...
Officer, prepare a meeting with the Warrior Wolves and the Aerial Squad. We need to counter there new allies with our own.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-07, 01:42 AM
I was thinking about writting a "what if The Moff wasn't an insane, self-centered, soulless bastard" fic. I'm having significant amounts of trouble with this. :smalltongue:

Murkus
2010-08-07, 10:02 AM
I was thinking about writting a "what if The Moff wasn't an insane, self-centered, soulless bastard" fic. I'm having significant amounts of trouble with this. :smalltongue:

I was thinking the same thing about Jack. 'What if Jack was a nice guy?" Or somesuch.

Beans
2010-08-09, 01:31 PM
For Moofin's benefit, here is the entirety of what I wrote for...
The Lesser Good; The Greater Convenience
Part 1 of 0

And that was it.

Game...
The screen dissipated.
Set...
"Captain Brandt."
"Come, sit." He obliged, allowing her to move her tail out of the way.
"Yes, ma'am."
"Absolutely?"
"Yes, ma'am."

Match.
Part 2 of 0
Ring ring...
The queasy-blonde-haired young woman smiled thinly through the holoscreen, pale green eyes glinting.
"Of course, Grand Admiral, I wouldn't dream of witholding information from you. The files are being transferred now."
"Thank you, Subirector, that will be all."
It shut off.
Intelligence Subirector Carrion Kaura. Pah, thought the Admiral. Angel of Torture, that was her nickname. She usually played "bad cop" in contrast to the Director Aldaro's "good cop"... and was rumored to play other roles to the Director of Intelligence as well, more intimate ones. But for all her annoying quirks, the little harlot did get results, which made her even more annoying---she was indispensible.
Hello?
There was another ping from the holoscreen system.
A comms officer's face came up.
"It's a civilian channel, ma'am. Identifies herself as Danielle Williams, no encryption."
The Grand Admiral blinked.
"... Sheath the channel in a static blanket. I want it private."
"Yes, ma'am."
She sighed and waited a second... then...
"PESTY!"
A small, emerald-eyed redhead bounced onto the commscreen.
"How are you, Miss Admiral Kitty?"
"Fine. Danielle, liste---"
"What about the hubby? Everything okaaaaaay in the bedroooom?" The redhead giggled madly. The Admiral was glad she'd had this on a private channel.
"It's---Dani, please---"
"If you need any tips, I came up with ones for Sammy---bet it'll be easy enough to get to work on Grant!"
"Dani---"
"I bet you get along fine already, though, you naughty kitty. How's the baby coming along? Is it just one, or maybe twooo? Maybe even th---"
"I'm as barren as the planet I razed last week, you hyperactive dolt!" The Admiral snapped, pent-up frustration spewing out. "My womb is sterile, as empty as y---"
She stopped abruptly for breath and realized her mistake. "... Oh, Dani, I'm sorry... I didn't mean it, I swear... I just---"
But the little redhead's lip had already begun to quiver, her eyes had already begun to tear up. The holoscreen flicked off.

The Admiral stared into the empty projector dish and sighed.
She hit a button.
"Yes, ma'am?"
"... Get me my psychologist."
Leave a message after the beep.
Part 3 of 0
Are babies...
Director Aldaro's long braid of pale pink hair swung gently as she chuckled.
"So, Carrie's been mouthy to you lately? Oh, dear, we'll have to punish her for that."
The Admiral sipped her Forvish ale. "If my memory serves me right, Director Aldaro, your "punishments" are not so effective when applied to your Subdirector because all you do is find more ways to do obscene things to her."
The Director chuckled again. "We have fun, Grand Admiral Stodgy. Maybe you should join us sometime."
The Admiral's eyes hardened. "I am married."
Just...
"Bring Grant in too." The Director laughed. "I can appreciate a man---and Carrie's always wanted to fully appreciate you.
Alright, alright, I'll stop." She added as the Admiral's face darkened.
"How's the motherhood situation coming along?"
"... It isn't. I am infertile." Her face darkened further.
The Director frowned.
"... Oh... I'm sorry to hear that, Pesty."
They both stood.
"I'm going to have to leave now. I'll see you next week, alright?"
"Alright."
They embraced briefly and the pink-haired Director left.
The Admiral was alone again.
A pipe dream?
Part 4 of 0
If irritation persists or worsens...
She sighed. More reports of that smuggler were coming in.
A file lay across her lap, not about the smuggler woman. No, this one was about Din von Bastalt, Governor of the Pantrixa system.
Von Bastalt had been the previous ruler of that system and, when raider attacks were getting worse, came to the Empire for help.
She was allowed to keep her position of leadership in return for loyalty to the Empire.
Pantrixa was becoming a strategic point in their war against the Rebellion.
Discontinue use...
The Admiral would have to consult her soon.

She looked up from the file as Captain Brandt walked into their quarters and sat beside her.
"Hello, dear. Is that the von Bastalt file?"
She nodded, sliding up next to her husband and opening the file to read with him. They enjoyed the quiet moment together.
"I talked to Danielle yesterday." She said after a while.
Grant blinked. "Really? What happened?"
"... I snapped at her. It was so sudden... one minute I was in control of myself, and the next, well..."
She felt his arm around her, looked up at him... and allowed herself a smile.
Consult a physician.
Part 5 of 0
Peace...

It was finally time for the Admiral's meeting with Governor von Bastalt. She was inwardly glad that she, and not the Emperor's right-hand agent, was doing this.
"So, Governor, I regret to inform you that additional garrisons must be set up in your system to combat encroaching invaders."
The Governor, a humanoid silver of hair and eye, frowned. "You mean the Rebels." She worriedly petted the neko curled up next to her.
"Yes, the Rebels with whom we are at war."

Through...

"We meaning you and not including my people." The governor countered. "The Rebels have offered protection to us."
"They will not be able to protect you as efficiently. Especially not if we regard you... as a threat."
The governor stiffened. "You wouldn't turn on us so quickly."
"Only as quickly as you would on us." She watched the younger woman bite her lip anxiously. "Governor, these new garrisons are not going to increase the minimal taxes you pay to the Empire. They are here for your protection."
The Governor sighed.

Tyranny.
Part 6 of 0

To sleep...
Sleep. Grand Admiral Pestilence One-Fifteen was unable to sleep.
Her husband, Captain Grant Brandt, shifted a little.
"Pesty? Are you alright?"
She sighed quietly.
"No..." She stopped after that. No, I'm infertile. I'm infertile. I'm infertile. Say it. Say it.
"What's wrong, dear?" He put an arm around her to lay against her guiltily empty, sterile belly. "Does your stomach hurt? The doctors said..."
"... The fertility enhancers might do that, I know. I-it's not that..."
A long moment of silence.
"I don't think I want to talk about it, Grant."
"... Alright."
He kept his arm around her.
There was a long silence.
"... Grant?"
"Yes, Pesty?"
"I... I-I'm...
I'm infertile."
Perchance...
She heard something strange as she said it. It didn't occur to her until a few seconds later that it was her voice breaking. By then, Grant had pulled her close.
She shifted, turning to lay her head on his shoulder, nestled in his arm.
"I understand. It'll turn out alright."
"I... I believe you."
And, with such a weight off her chest, she finally found her way to sleep.
To dream?
Part 7 of 0.
No omen strike...
Nor spectre take...

Part 8 of 0.
We are...
The Grand Admiral was sitting, just as she had been exactly two weeks ago.
It was the same table, the same seating, and---of course---the same company. Across from her sat her husband. To her left, Subdirector Kaura and to her right, Director Aldaro.
"And then Genkai looks at me and says, "That's not a subsonic flesh scourer, that's my toothbrush!""
Quiet laughter rippled through the foursome. "Really, Carrion, you interpret everything as either an interrogation device or a carnal aid." The Grand Admiral chuckled.
"Or both, if we're unlucky." Grant added.
"Oh, that's terrible, Grant."
"But true!" Carrion piped up. Another ripple of laughter.
"Did you hear, by the way? Admiral Charleston has been relieved of command." The Grand Admiral sipped her drink.

The future...

All heads turned to her immediately. "What?" "Really?" "Good riddance, I say."
"Mmmmhmm. And relieved of his life as well, courtesy of Darth Magtok."
Carrion giggled, blushing. "Oooh, I may not like men the way most women do, but General Magtok certainly has a way with interrogation implements."
Genkai rolled her eyes. "Aside from that, who's going to take on Charleston's command?"
"Probably Moff Das, if you ask me."
"Which means things will actually get done around here." Grant added.
The Grand Admiral nodded, inwardly thinking that perhaps more action might bring downsides as well.

So you don't have to.

Viera Champion
2010-08-09, 07:02 PM
Where is Moofin? I miss her.

Beans
2010-08-09, 07:03 PM
She came back todaaaaay but she's dedtiemed naaaao. I thought you were away at camp this week...
*is glad Kurama is heeeeeere*

Viera Champion
2010-08-09, 07:18 PM
I am, but I got to come back tonight, cuz tonight wasn't the overnight. Now I won't be back till Thursday night.

I WANNA SEE MOOFIN GOD FRIGGIN DAMN BARD!!:smallfurious:

iElf
2010-08-11, 06:40 PM
...i need some new idea's... omg...inspiration...

...I'll be done in a few hours

Lord Iames Osari
2010-08-17, 08:58 PM
Based on a suggestion Happyturtle made in chat about an alternate ending to the mirror fight in AMEN...

Opposite Attraction
Time to switch tactics, Anshu thought as he ducked under his duplicate's lunging strike and wrapped his arms around his middle, spinning around as the Solar hefted his opponent up and over his shoulder, hurling him at the magical mirror. The duplicate flipped in midair and skidded to a halt just next to the duplicate of Cerise, breathing hard as the mirror's inability to recreate an Exaltation began to tell.

The two duplicates exchanged a glance, but their eyes lingered on each other, and then suddenly they were embracing, kissing passionately.

A sly smile spread slowly across Cerise's face as she watched, and after the curtain had dropped, she looked over at Anshu. "I know what we're going to do once we're done here," she purred.

Anshu remained stony-faced, but for the slightest of blushes. "We should get back to work," he said, and turned to leave.

"Oh, definitely," Cerise said with relish, following after him.

Morty
2010-08-18, 09:56 AM
I suppose I should get to writing the next part of The Riddle of Steel... but I don't feel inspired. Still, it'll be done sooner or later.

UncleWolf
2010-08-22, 11:19 AM
A Different Kind of Champion

When the challengers appear in the middle of Magtok's Arena, things go quiet and the scene zooms in to the Control Box...

"Cue Dexter?"

"Cue Dexter."

On the other side of the arena, a little red light blinks, and a man in a white suit with a small well-kept mustache smiles before turning on the microphone.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! We're gathered here today, not in Matrimony, but to slake our thirst for BLOOD!"

The crowd cheers, but he holds up a hand to quiet them down. "Tonight, we have quite the show for you." Giant spotlights pivot to land on a group of five people. The first, is man in blue and gold robes, a mage of obviously great power. You can tell by the beard. The next two, are identical twins, clad in plate and with swords shining bright. After those, stand a large man, a barbarian from the icy north, his axe as sharp as the arctic winds. And finally, a man clad in leather, almost as dark as the shadows he clings to. "In this corner, we have the Furious Five! The best adventuring party in the area. They hope to survive this small part of Hell, but let us not discourage their dreams." Dexter says with a smile. "Even if they do sound wonderful when shattered..."

After a chuckle, Dexter gestures the other way. "And in this corner..." The spotlights move to show...a blank spot of dusty ground? Dexter laughs whole heartedly. "You poor adventurers...do not worry, there is indeed a beast for you to slay. I bring you...Fluffy!" The crowd cheers at the mention of it's name. "Fluffy, Slayer of Champions! Fluffy, Destroyer of Foes! Fluffy, model of the second best selling Magplush in our gift shops! Rise! We call for you to fight your enemy!" For a long moment, there is nothing but silence as the adventurers look blankly at each other, slightly worried.

"So...The Furious Five, eh?" Dexter says with a touch of sadness. "I wish you best of luck against our champion. You're going to need it."

He breathes in deeply and turns his microphone onto the max setting.

"Let the blood...BEGIN!"

The group of five fall into their standard formation, keeping their mage in the middle. For several minutes they stand still, their weapons at the ready.

*POP!*

The mage falls to the ground, gasping and clutching at the place where his neck used to be. The thud of his body causes the others to turn. "What th-" the thief of the group begins saying before another *POP!* sounds through the air, followed by a blur of black, and a spray of blood from his neck. A second *POP!* sounds and the blur vanishes.

The party begins to panic as one by one they fall, necks ripped out by something too fast for the eye to see. Soon, only the barbarian is left, clutching his axe and looking around quickly. "Show yourself!"

With another *POP!* the Champion shows himself. Standing an impressive 6inches tall, a pixie appears. His skin is a pale blue, but he's covered in black sharkskin armor. Blood drips from the razor blades attached to the gloves he wears. Fluffy grins, showing teeth that have been filed to points and with a roar, he lunges at the man's neck, his gossamer wings a blur...

The Bushranger
2010-08-22, 01:10 PM
...is this version of Fluffy originally from Caerbannog? :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2010-08-22, 01:22 PM
I want one. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-08-22, 01:23 PM
In this universe, Roxie really is Fluffy's Mummy.

Lex-Kat
2010-08-22, 11:13 PM
In this reality, pixies have the power to *Pop!* a lot more than I originally wrote for Lex. :smalltongue:

Good story though Wolfbane. :smallsmile:

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-22, 11:17 PM
Alright, hands up who wants to be part of the time-travelling sky pirate crew of the hypothetical child of Kal and Decker!

Reinholdt
2010-08-22, 11:18 PM
Alright, hands up who wants to be part of the time-travelling sky pirate crew of the hypothetical child of Kal and Decker!

Butler's in .

Lex-Kat
2010-08-22, 11:18 PM
Me!! Um, Vidalia, please.

And just so it's clear, I'm perfectly willing to allow the following characters to be used in fan-ficts:

Vidalia
Bianca
Krysta
Queen Lexington III
Judy the Assassin
Caroline
Melody
Shania
Trixi
Dr. Al Beit
Jorania

Just give me notification please, and if you don't know the character, feel free to ask about her or him.

celtois
2010-08-22, 11:21 PM
My characters are all free game.

Question: I'm considering writing a series of short reflections from the pov of four of my characters, would this be a good place to post them?

happyturtle
2010-08-22, 11:22 PM
In this reality, pixies have the power to *Pop!* a lot more than I originally wrote for Lex. :smalltongue:

Good story though Wolfbane. :smallsmile:

Maybe boy pixies are more POPable?

Lex-Kat
2010-08-22, 11:39 PM
Maybe boy pixies are more POPable?
That would also make them more powerful. But I'm fine with it. Things change.

happyturtle
2010-08-22, 11:44 PM
They needed the extra POP's to do all the housework and child rearing. :smallbiggrin:

UncleWolf
2010-08-22, 11:45 PM
Ah, I didn't know. If it helps, it could just be him using his daily amount of POP!s faster than the girl pixies.

And please, no lewd jokes. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2010-08-22, 11:59 PM
Hmmm. Maybe they get more POPs, but limited distance. :smallconfused:

I think it'd be better to just think of Fluffy pixie as an anomaly/rarity to the rule. :smallsmile:

happyturtle
2010-08-23, 12:00 AM
Or a one-off appearance in a non-canon thread, maybe? :smallwink:

billtodamax
2010-08-23, 02:38 AM

Mime's in. Definitely.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-08-23, 03:33 AM

Count Chris in on this!

iElf
2010-08-23, 04:21 AM

"Tiberius can be technician for airship! for he is THE ARTIFICER!"

...facepalm

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-23, 05:16 AM
I don't know who Tiberius is, so...

Morty
2010-08-23, 07:18 AM
Now that Lex gave the permission to use her characters, I know who will be EbilWendy's next opponent... now I just have to get to work and write it.

The Bushranger
2010-08-23, 04:30 PM

Jamie/Mikani, of course. As the voice of reason/crew's consience. :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2010-08-23, 05:32 PM
I volunteer Fluffy to be a pirate! =D

Just...put him where he can fit. >.>

Lord Magtok
2010-09-12, 07:01 PM
Acropocalypse Now-Part 1

December 2nd

Today I was doing routine maintenance on the water filter, making sure we'd be all set for winter and such, when Charity came by. Bad news, as always. Ever since we all came here a few months ago, everyone tends to avoid me. Nobody ever even comes near unless there's a problem that needs solving. I'm not really sure why that is. People used to love talking to me, I had friends all over the place.

Anyways, I'd thought I'd shut off all the motion sensors outside the MagCave. To conserve power, y'know, cause we've got to do our best to outlast the dead, hope they'll rot away to nothing someday and we can rebuild civilization and stuff. Charity said that wasn't the case, we got a blip just a few hundred yards out, a large mass of the nasty buggers flailing about on the side of the mountain.

I told her it was just a coincidence, that it was either a glitch brought about by the magic in the air or, at worst, a wandering swarm that just happened to be in the area. I try to stay on the bright side of things, y'see. Someone around here has to.

Now, I can't remember word-for-word how the conversation went after that. Sadly, with the MagComputer down, I don't have a place to deposit and withdraw details like that at will, giving me a sort of amnesiac sort of thing. Precisely why I keep this MagJournal thing, why I'm repeating details I already know about.

However, what I do know there was a lot of accusations and blame being flung at me. She screamed something about me being cold and that she didn't know me anymore, that if I didn't have a plan for keeping the zombies from getting inside and eating us, why were we here? And then she waved a picture in my face, tears in her eyes as she did so.

I think it was of that guy she'd been hanging around before the apocalypse. He seemed like a nice sort of guy, tough and macho and cool, but also the type to heroically make some sort of last stand while everyone else makes their escape.

Zombie food, in other words.

Anyways, it's getting late. I'm going to broadcast my usual "If you can get to the MagCave, we have food and shelter" radio broadcast, switch out my battery with one of the inactive Magbots and then go to bed. It's weird, having to sleep like a normal person again. Funny how something so mundane can take forever to get used to again.

Well, that's it for now. I've got a busy day tomorrow. Monday is the day I'm on cooking duty (Or "Magnificent Maggy Mealtime Mondays", as I've nicknamed them), I'll have to ask someone to apologize to Charity for me, and I've got to find some time to check out this motion detector, too. I'm sure everything will be fine, but it can't hurt to play it safe.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-12, 07:07 PM
...0_0

I thought this thread was dead! IT'S ALIVE EVERYBODY!!!

Anyways, back on topic. That is very interesting, Magtok. I like it.