PDA

View Full Version : GitP Starcraft II Bnet Group

Pages : [1] 2

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-07-29, 03:29 PM
This thread is for the organization of a GitP group for SCII multiplayer. I'm going to keep this first post updated with a list of names and identifiers of GitP players who want to be involved for each server.

The general SCII discussion thread can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158508).

The current proposition for a meeting time is Saturdays, 5:00PM EST. This can still be changed if enough people want it, but remember that the WC3 custom session and melee session are on Friday and Sunday at 4:00PM EST respectively, and it would be best if we could avoid changing those times.

EDIT: Now that there are chat channels, the session is held in the channel GitP.

There are no skill requirements to play in this group, and all games are just for fun, among friends.

Names and Identifiers

North America
Forum name (BnetName.identifier)

Rigel Cyrosea (Rigel.753)
Gralamin (Gralamin.290)
Kumo (Kumo.399)
Drago (Drago.331)
Legoshrimp (Legoshrimp.749)
Lykos (Lykos.754)
742 (Sillose.383)
Cynan Machae (Cynan.623)
The Orange Zergling (Tacgnol.889)
DarthMario.672
Raroy (Raroy.157)
arguskos (TBCarguskos.456)
Pie Guy (Qwazes.622)
Forbiddenwar (ForbiddenWar.910)
Kelaos (Kelaos.388)
Toasty (Toastymow.598)
Anatharon (Anatharon.802)
ShneekyTheLost (Shneekey.210)
fknm (Obscura.304)
Khosan (Khosan.265)
Kranden (Kranden.677)
Joseph Silver (EternalDalek.756)
Jamin (Jamin.892)
Semidi (Semidi.124)
AgentPaper (Agentpaper.977)
Zocelot (Jeremeister.540)
Meatshield#236 (Rogue.505)
Erianthe (Erianthe.149)
Shadow_Elf (MariachiDuck.174)
Kris Strife (Kris.293)
GolemsVoice (Luke.251)
aNooburak (eRiKu.496)
TheFieryTower (TFT.294)
Thrawn183 (Thrawnyboy.188)
MonarchAnarch (Monarch.202)
Kizara (StarMoon.676)
Nathan W (Player.231)
Warnix (WarNiX.589)
The Glyphstone (Glyphstone.667)
Emlyn (Emlyn.368)
Recaidden (Recaiden.549)
Kirbot (Kirbot.617)
DrizztFan24 (LGND.926)
Draken (Draken.523)
Aramil Liadon (Woodwings.652)
Tavar (Tavar.666)
Battleship789 (Catalyst.418)
Gamerlord (Gamerlord.238)
Sarom (mmsharpeye.912)

Europe

Penthar
Exachix (Exachix.843)
Warnix (Warnix.332)
Eldariel (Eldariel.350)
Saph (Saph.476)
kme (knjiga.693)
Newhill (Newhill.282)
Oslecamo (Onard.759)
Rhydeble (rhydeble.360)
Penthar (Malderon.607)
KuReshtin (KuReshtin.876)
Lord Herman (Herman.789)
Anonomuss (Anonomuss.998)

South East Asia

aNooburak (Brian.622)
AslanCross (AslanJCross.148)
Sarom (request by PM)
If you would like your name added or removed from the list, either post in the thread or just PM me.

I think that's everything... so hope to see you all on Saturday! :smallsmile:

The Orange Zergling
2010-07-29, 04:27 PM
I'm still Tacgnol.889. I'll try to make it this week but it's a little shaky - I don't think I have the energy or attention span to attend three RTS sessions (Both WC3 sessions and now this one) in a week so until I figure out exactly how I'm going to handle this I may skip a Saturday or two, but I'll do my best to come. :smallwink:

Winterwind
2010-07-29, 04:43 PM
Thank you very much for doing that, RC. :smallsmile:

I have to admit, I still... erm... have to pick up a SC2 copy... :smallredface:

Well, and then there is this region locking part for me to circumvent still, but that should be doable (and I've already received proposals from a few of the SC1 group members whom I am highly obliged to offering me help with that). :smallcool:

Darth Mario
2010-07-29, 04:51 PM
Hey, folks. I'm DarthMario.672. Won't be able to make it to the session this week, as I'll be out of state, but I'd love to rejoin you fine folks sometime soon.

Raroy
2010-07-29, 05:04 PM
My bnet name is battousai.....because my brother has hons O steel and will never play this game anyway.

Expect a name change when I'm not feeling lazy.

I'm just as good as I was at brood war, which is kind of strange and somewhat sad. :smallsigh:.

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-07-29, 05:21 PM
Updated the list.

What's your identifier, Raroy?

arguskos
2010-07-29, 06:08 PM
arguskos.227 (I think, should be it anyways)

Note that I won't be on much, but if you see me around, feel free to poke me and be all like "hey there, want to play game?" and I'll probably be all "Anatharon, stop using nukes dammit" and he'll be all "kekekekekeke" and it will be good. :smallcool:

Cynan Machae
2010-07-29, 06:35 PM
My bnet name is battousai.....because my brother has hons O steel and will never play this game anyway.

Expect a name change when I'm not feeling lazy.

I'm just as good as I was at brood war, which is kind of strange and somewhat sad. :smallsigh:.
I don't think you can change your username.

Raroy
2010-07-29, 07:36 PM
How do figure out my identifier? (How do I identify how to identify?)

@Cynan

I'll make a new account when I get better at the game.

Cynan Machae
2010-07-29, 07:39 PM
You'll buy another copy of SC2? :P

And you see your identifier when you go to add friend, or mouseover your portrait at the top right

Raroy
2010-07-29, 08:11 PM
ID: 887

Oh, dang.

I knew I should of stayed up until four in the morning to see the total install of SCII to complete!

Inhuman Bot
2010-07-29, 08:33 PM
Because Blizzard hates me, as does my computer, it'll be a few more days before I get to play the SC 2 Collecter's Edition I have beside me. :smallfrown:

And even when I do, I won't get that silly Thor pet for my WoW character as it's on a different Bnet account.:smallsigh:

Yeah, I'm gonna bitch in every SC 2 thread we have. :smalltongue:

Pie Guy
2010-07-29, 10:05 PM
Qwazes.622

Anyway, I just won a game at bronze 33, and I immediately jumped to bronze 1.

Forbiddenwar
2010-07-29, 11:42 PM
ForbiddenWar.910

Kelaos
2010-07-30, 12:08 AM
Kelaos.388

I'm Anatharon's older brother btw

arguskos
2010-07-30, 12:09 AM
Kelaos.388

I'm Anatharon's older brother btw
Smack him for me. Tell him arguskos rages at lolnukes. :smalltongue:

Raroy
2010-07-30, 01:15 AM
Anyway, I just won a game at bronze 33, and I immediately jumped to bronze 1.

That's nothing, I jumped from bronze 100 to bronze 29.

I'm guessing it has to do with how well you did in the match. I did twice as well as my opponent causing me to really get bumped up.

(Why would you pylon zealot rush if you already scouted my wall in?)

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-07-30, 02:00 AM
That's nothing, I jumped from bronze 100 to bronze 29.

I'm guessing it has to do with how well you did in the match. I did twice as well as my opponent causing me to really get bumped up.

(Why would you pylon zealot rush if you already scouted my wall in?)

I don't think they can reliably tell how much you beat your opponent by. It most likely has more to do with how favored they were against you. If they were ranked much higher than you or in a higher league, beating them will get you more points.

Winterwind
2010-07-30, 05:05 AM
If the auto-match-making (AMM) and ladder system works in any way similarly to that of WC3, the first few games should have a vastly bigger impact than latter ones. Which makes sense - in the beginning, it has no idea how good you are, and if you should be good, it wants to put you into the high leagues as quickly as possible.

Oslecamo
2010-07-30, 05:58 AM
Still didn't finish the campaign but decided to try a go at multiplayer.

Tried out some matches of the practise league but after curb stomping some newbies wich hardly offered any fight I decided to skip it and jump ahead at the ranged matches.

First game I get myself curb stomped by zealoty pylon rush+voidray rush. I noticed the void ray but not the proxy pylon, sigh...

Second game terran mirror, he walks right into my wall, I run into his missile turrets while trying to sneak behind his base, I say "screw it!", mass infantry and tanks and roll over his expansion, he tries to backstab me with bashees but runs on my own wall of turrets, manages to break trough with a couple bashees, wich are dealt with by hastily built vikings and marines. He gives up as he's locked inside his own base with my army ready to roll in.

Still three qualifying games to go but I'll go read some guides to see the main tricks I have to look for with all the new stuff (didn't play the Beta). Perhaps finish the campaign first since I'm at it but I really wanted to have a feel at the multiplayer.

toasty
2010-07-30, 07:01 AM
toastymow is my Bnet name.

I'm not sure when/if I'll show up over the next three weeks, but I'll probably pop my head in once before school starts. Not this weekend though.

king.com
2010-07-30, 09:42 AM
Cry. I wish i could join you but im on Oceanic and South East Asia server. Cant wait until they open it up.

Drago
2010-07-30, 11:33 AM
Still didn't finish the campaign but decided to try a go at multiplayer.

Tried out some matches of the practise league but after curb stomping some newbies wich hardly offered any fight I decided to skip it and jump ahead at the ranged matches.

First game I get myself curb stomped by zealoty pylon rush+voidray rush. I noticed the void ray but not the proxy pylon, sigh...

Second game terran mirror, he walks right into my wall, I run into his missile turrets while trying to sneak behind his base, I say "screw it!", mass infantry and tanks and roll over his expansion, he tries to backstab me with bashees but runs on my own wall of turrets, manages to break trough with a couple bashees, wich are dealt with by hastily built vikings and marines. He gives up as he's locked inside his own base with my army ready to roll in.

Still three qualifying games to go but I'll go read some guides to see the main tricks I have to look for with all the new stuff (didn't play the Beta). Perhaps finish the campaign first since I'm at it but I really wanted to have a feel at the multiplayer.

Have you tired any of the challenges in the single player menu? Blizzard claims they are there to help with transitioning from single player to multiplayer, I haven't done enough of them to say one way or another, but what I have done should at least help give you a good idea about the new units.

In other news, I'll get around to adding everyone on the list tonight, and I will be playing the campiagn for most of the evening, but if you see me on and would like a game feel free to message me.

Inhuman Bot
2010-07-30, 11:40 AM
Borrowing my brother's computer for some games. I'm Anatharon.802

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-07-30, 12:17 PM
toastymow is my Bnet name.

I'm not sure when/if I'll show up over the next three weeks, but I'll probably pop my head in once before school starts. Not this weekend though.

What's your identifier? You can find it by hitting the add friends button or mousing over your portrait in the top right corner. It's needed for anyone to add you to their friend list.

toasty
2010-07-30, 05:23 PM
What's your identifier? You can find it by hitting the add friends button or mousing over your portrait in the top right corner. It's needed for anyone to add you to their friend list.

ahh: 598. THats my code.

Jamin
2010-07-31, 12:39 AM
Jamin.892 I am in silver

Gralamin
2010-07-31, 01:59 AM
Add me to the list (Gralamin.290), but don't expect me on usually. If I happen to be around I'll play, but my schedule is pretty full.

Jane_Smith
2010-07-31, 02:55 PM
Alyssia, 629. Im on fairly constantly - I am beginning to edit/make my own maps. Nothing special, just some re-done units, doodads, etc, for now. Plan on making my own map from scratch soon enough if i gcan find a proper guide.

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-07-31, 06:39 PM
So, if you're on during a session and you want to play with the group, just message me or someone else from GitP and let us know, and we'll add you to the conversation.

I don't really want to just add everybody who's on, since being spammed with chat messages of other people when you're 1v1ing or playing the campaign is quite annoying.

Also, I'll be away for the coming week, so I won't be there for the next session.

Cynan Machae
2010-07-31, 11:06 PM
Or when you are in a tourney and people add you to a convo :P I forgot to put myself to busy <<

Sad I had to miss the first session, but that tourney was worth it :D

Prince Gimli
2010-08-01, 09:36 AM
I'd love to tag along with you guys again, but of course there's this region locking issue to contend with. I assume there is no other solution than to purchase an American copy?

Why would Blizzard all of a sudden introduce region locked games anyway? The old system was much better.

Ah well, if all else fails I suppose I could start a European Gitp group at least :smallsmile:.

Edit: It appears I can change my region on the community website. Now to find out whether this actually works for playing in other regions...

Edit 2: Apparantly, according to this article (http://starcraft.incgamers.com/blog/comments/bashiok-clarifying-over-cross-region-play/) Blizzard is working on it, and it will be implemented not too long after the release.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-08-01, 10:50 AM
Shneekey.210 is my name, playing Terran is my game.

fknm
2010-08-02, 09:50 PM
Obscura.304

I doubt I'll be on for much for the GitP sessions, but if anyone wants to roflstomp a grossly unskilled Protoss player, that's where to find me.

Khosan
2010-08-02, 11:02 PM
Khosan.265

Got into Platinum after my placement matches. Went 4-1. Could've won the fifth, but I'd won the first three with basically nothing but Speedlings (that's what you get when you don't wall off against a Zerg) and wanted the last two to at least get to the point that I was building Hydras or Mutas. Unfortunately, the last guy managed to capitalize on that and got Stalkers, Immortals and Colossi.

2010-08-03, 06:38 AM
so, why didnt you just, you know, crackling them to death?

Khosan
2010-08-03, 10:57 AM
so, why didnt you just, you know, crackling them to death?

For one, because Cracklings are Hive tech.

Two, because, like I said, I wanted the match to be more than just me squeaking 10 Zerglings into his mineral line and stomping all over his economy.

2010-08-04, 07:37 AM
nonono, MASS cracklings.

Exachix
2010-08-04, 09:50 AM
I am: Exachix.843. Hi Exachix
I play protoss mainly, but looking at Terran also. and would like to confess that I can't play Zerg and I haven't casted a mothership in over 3 days. We're rooting for you buddy!

I think I'm in Europe - if that matters at all.

Drago
2010-08-04, 02:34 PM
I am: Exachix.843. Hi Exachix
I play protoss mainly, but looking at Terran also. and would like to confess that I can't play Zerg and I haven't casted a mothership in over 3 days. We're rooting for you buddy!

I think I'm in Europe - if that matters at all.

Sadly it does matter, as Blizz has region locked the game. Under flase pretence of lag no less, I mean that hasn't been to large an issue for most games for years now. Just look at Starcraft 1, Koreans are playing on the US severs all the time and it doesn't lag the game out. It must be for some sinister reason! Or more likely Blizz thought the desire for minimized lag in game would out weigh the desire for worldwide play. Turns out they are really really wrong on that, and will at some time in the future fix it. At this point it is hard to tell if that is in Blizz time or Valve time.

On a less ranty matter; who thinks they will be able to make this week's session?

Legoshrimp
2010-08-04, 03:09 PM
Not I, going to a cousins birthday party.

Cynan Machae
2010-08-04, 09:10 PM
I'm gonna be there for sure this time.

arguskos
2010-08-05, 02:34 AM
5 PM on Saturday? I'll see what I can do to show up, but no guarantees, I've got family in town. D:

WarNiX
2010-08-05, 04:28 PM
I will try to show up once I am back in the US in two weeks and have my SCII version there. So far I only have the European version.

Btw why do you have those numbers again? I remember having to enter one in the last beta phase but not when I created the account in the actual game.

Ok, my Europe account is WarNiX.332
I will add my NA account as soon as I am back and have my NA SCII version.

Cynan Machae
2010-08-05, 07:58 PM
They get assigned to you when you create and account. That way people can have the same username but different identifiers. When you add someone you need those identifiers (when you add by username)

Kranden
2010-08-05, 09:55 PM
Welcome to Starcraft 2 Ladies, Diamond Protoss reporting in! Id love to play with you guys. I love customs and ladder and willing to play anything though you need to be at least plat+ if you want to do ladder games with me but other than that I don't mind and if you have any question be sure to hit me up, my name is Kranden ingame Identifier 677

Winterwind
2010-08-06, 07:15 AM
Might as well do that here, too. But I'm not sending out any reminder PMs! Not for yet another group! :P

Reminder: Tomorrow is the next (first?) session of this merry SC2 group here. I wish you all a ton of fun. :smallsmile:

(Still haven't gotten to picking up SC2. Once I do, I'll immediately respond to one of the generous offers of letting me onto the US servers via a guest key and join you all. :smallredface:)

2010-08-06, 06:58 PM
um, you need to DL the NA client, EU client doesnt work on NA servers even with a NA account i dont think.

Cynan Machae
2010-08-06, 07:03 PM
You can download the NA client if you get a guest key. (and im pretty sure theres a way to just swap a few files)

The Orange Zergling
2010-08-06, 07:34 PM
I've just been informed that I have to get my passport renewed tomorrow, so I may have to miss some of the session but I'm not sure of how much or when.

fknm
2010-08-08, 11:17 AM
For those who want them (which may well be nobody), here's the replays from at least the time I was on for:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1E9MMZ40

EDIT- and one that I missed in that zip file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EGE55GM0

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-08-08, 12:42 PM
I'm back now, and the first post has been updated. Hopefully I'll see you all next week. :smallsmile:

Cynan Machae
2010-08-08, 06:35 PM
Even tho it started quite late, it think it went quite well. Some quite enjoyable games :P

And WW you better be there next week!

Winterwind
2010-08-09, 06:53 AM
And WW you better be there next week!I will. :smallsmile:

I will be crushed horribly, of course (what with the, you know, never having played against humans and not really understanding what counters what yet), but that has never stopped me. :smallbiggrin:

Aron Times
2010-08-11, 06:25 AM
AronTimes.491 on the NA server.

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-08-11, 01:48 PM
AronTimes.491 on the NA server.
Added.

Looks like I may miss the next session after all. :smallsigh:

I'm moving tomorrow, and I don't think there will be an internet connection set up at the new place until next week.

Jamin
2010-08-11, 02:14 PM
Why am I not on list?:smallfrown:

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-08-11, 08:45 PM
Why am I not on list?:smallfrown:

Oh, sorry about that. I must have missed your post earlier. Added now.

Winterwind
2010-08-13, 06:05 AM
Reminder: Tomorrow is our next session. :smallwink:
I aught to be there, too, though I am not quite sure how to divide the time between the SC1 and the SC2 sessions yet.

Drago
2010-08-13, 08:42 AM
Sadly I will be unable to make it this week.:smallfrown:
On the plus side I will be enjoying the great outdoors.:smallbiggrin:

Have fun everyone!

Edit: Or you know the forecast can change to be rainy all weekend between when my shift started and ended! :smallfurious::smallmad::smallfrown: Oh well looks like I'll be around after all. :smallsmile: At least there is that.

Eldariel
2010-08-15, 06:31 PM
Ok, finally started playing random matches and got my League rating. As such, might as well:

Eldariel.350 - Europe

Tho I do wonder how this'll work with so few Europeans; far as I'm aware, the cross-continent limitation is still in place, right?

Oslecamo
2010-08-16, 07:08 AM
I'm European as well so I would like to know that. Didn't have the oportunity to try to join any of the group sessions so far but would like so in the future.

Winterwind
2010-08-16, 08:19 AM
The cross continent limitation is still in place, yeah.

Personally, I've been getting by on guest passes handed to me by friendly Playgrounders (many thanks for that); I simply hope they will get rid of the continent limitation before I run out of guest keys.

Drago
2010-08-16, 09:23 AM
The cross continent limitation is still in place, yeah.

Personally, I've been getting by on guest passes handed to me by friendly Playgrounders (many thanks for that); I simply hope they will get rid of the continent limitation before I run out of guest keys.

Sadly I doubt it will happen this year. Blizzard seems to have planned to do a lot of development of Bnet 2.0 after release, so chat rooms and cross server play will be fighting for time. By the sounds of the interviews there is a so much they have planned I can't see these things happening unless the community keeps on blizz's back and makes it clear what the communities priorities are.

Oslecamo
2010-08-16, 07:09 PM
Sadly I doubt it will happen this year. Blizzard seems to have planned to do a lot of development of Bnet 2.0 after release, so chat rooms and cross server play will be fighting for time. By the sounds of the interviews there is a so much they have planned I can't see these things happening unless the community keeps on blizz's back and makes it clear what the communities priorities are.

It actualy worked with the identity thingy. We can make it happen again!:smallbiggrin:

Drago
2010-08-16, 07:55 PM
It actualy worked with the identity thingy. We can make it happen again!:smallbiggrin:

I don't mean to say it will never happen, I just don't think it will happen soon. My guess is we will be waiting until 2011.

But yes, as long as we make blizzard see we want it, and we want it now, it could happen this year.

arguskos
2010-08-16, 07:59 PM
Ok, finally started playing random matches and got my League rating. As such, might as well:

Eldariel.350 - Europe

Tho I do wonder how this'll work with so few Europeans; far as I'm aware, the cross-continent limitation is still in place, right?
Dammit! I forgot, you're in Europe, so I can't play you and get schooled while enjoying the ride. :smallyuk:

Also, I shoooould be there this week (I said hi last time, but had stuff to do around the house so couldn't stay), since Saturdays are now open for me. Anyone guaranteed to be there, so I can nick them and tag along that way?

Winterwind
2010-08-17, 02:56 AM
I'll be gone till Sunday (going to Poland for the rest of the week due to my grandmother and grandfather both celebrating their 80th birthday), so I won't be able to make it to the session.

My character's Winter.411, by the way, but since I'll have to use a different guest key next time, I'm not sure if that's not going to change.

Raroy
2010-08-17, 02:35 PM
I have gotten a personal account for myself.

Raroy.157

North America.

This is the account I will be using for now on.

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-08-17, 08:49 PM
I'm back, though probably only briefly. First post has been updated. Hopefully I'll have internet in time for the next session, but I kinda doubt it. :smallsigh:

Saph
2010-08-24, 08:48 AM
Stick me on the list too. :) I finished the campaign a couple weeks back and I've been getting into 1v1 multiplayer.

ID: Saph.476

Based in Europe, though.

Semidi
2010-08-24, 09:07 AM
I.D. Semidi.124 (North America)

Feel free to hit me up for some 1v1. I don't mind getting completely owned. It's a learning experience.

Forbiddenwar
2010-08-25, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry I've been ignoring the group, I've been hitting the campaign hard, trying to get all the mission achievements. I should be finished with that this week though!

Edit:
WOOT finished the campaign, if you see me know invite me to a game. Just remember that I'm really bad. :smallbiggrin:

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-08-25, 01:45 PM
Finally back for good now, it seems. First post is updated, and I'm looking forward to the session on Saturday. :smallsmile:

kme
2010-08-27, 07:48 AM
ID: knjiga.693

Europe server, hopefully there will be more of us :P.

Winterwind
2010-08-27, 08:20 AM
Reminder: Tomorrow is our next session. :smallsmile:

I'm afraid I'll have to miss it yet again though, on account of going to visit my parents over the weekend and meeting with long-time-not-seen RL friends. :smallfrown:

Forbiddenwar
2010-08-27, 09:07 AM
Reminder: Tomorrow is our next session. :smallsmile:

If you see me on, invite me to a game. I don't know If I'll get a chance to play, but if I do it will be with you guys.

Exachix
2010-08-27, 09:42 AM
I'll see if I can get some of us Europe people playing games too ^^ - until we get cross-dimension support.

I've been laxing a bit on playing it though so...

AgentPaper
2010-08-28, 02:28 AM
Agentpaper.977 here. What day and time is the US session?

aNooburak
2010-08-28, 05:41 AM
ID: Brian.622

SEA server anyone? :smalltongue:

Winterwind
2010-08-28, 06:49 AM
Agentpaper.977 here. What day and time is the US session?Saturday, 5 PM EST.

Cynan Machae
2010-08-28, 09:33 AM
SEA was supposed to get US access at some point... I don't know if it's possible yet.

Zocelot
2010-08-28, 02:40 PM
Jeremeister.540

What exactly are we doing tonight?

Khosan
2010-08-28, 03:02 PM
Jeremeister.540

What exactly are we doing tonight?

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

MeatShield#236
2010-08-28, 03:34 PM
Try and take over the world!

By the way, add Rogue.505, I'm on the American server.

Zocelot
2010-08-28, 03:53 PM
Seriously though, how is this thing going to work?

Drago
2010-08-28, 04:05 PM
Well when you log on message on of the people in the first post who are on and ask to be invited to the group chat. From there we organize games and such.

Cynan Machae
2010-08-28, 04:12 PM
Usually we just have a big chat conversatio nwhere we invite and GitP people and we set up games from there.

If you don't get invited jsut message someone from the group ingame and he'll invite you

Edit: wow im a slow typer <<

Drago
2010-08-28, 04:19 PM
Usually we just have a big chat conversatio nwhere we invite and GitP people and we set up games from there.

If you don't get invited jsut message someone from the group ingame and he'll invite you

Edit: wow im a slow typer <<

:smalleek: Man but you have such good APM :smallconfused: How in go Tassadar's name can you type so slowly?

Cynan Machae
2010-08-28, 05:12 PM
I was multitasking tooo much :P

AslanCross
2010-08-28, 09:03 PM
AslanJCross.148, SEA

Newhill
2010-09-01, 02:33 PM
Newhill.282, on the Europe server, currently cruising in silver league.

Winterwind
2010-09-03, 09:59 AM
Reminder: Tomorrow is our next session. I hope to see you all there. :smallsmile:

arguskos
2010-09-03, 01:15 PM
Reminder: Tomorrow is our next session. I hope to see you all there. :smallsmile:
I think I'll actually MAKE it this time! :smalleek: legasp! It's like a miracle! I might even obs some games and maybe play one or two, if I'm feeling adventurous.

Erianthe
2010-09-04, 11:56 AM
I'm Erianthe.149 on US (have a euro account too but have to check the identifier TT). I'll be on earlier to use up my code that expires tomorrow so feel free to send me a message if you'd like to play a game :).

Exachix
2010-09-04, 01:46 PM
On this point; if people in Europe want to be on and play, I may be on to play games with and organize.

Kelaos
2010-09-05, 07:16 PM
So I noticed over at http://sc2ranks.com/ we can make custom divisions... Anyone want to make a GitP division? It works cross region which I thought was cool.

EDIT: Okay I started making it http://sc2ranks.com/c/489/gitp
Just slowly working my way down the NA list we have, feel free to add yourselves, as I may get bored & stop doing it at some point XD

Cynan Machae
2010-09-05, 11:10 PM
We need a password to add anyone :P (Or I think you need to tick "allow everyone to add characters")

Aron Times
2010-09-05, 11:44 PM
What's the password?

Here's my Battle.net URL, if you want to keep the password to yourself:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/460438/1/AronTimes/

Smiling Knight
2010-09-09, 11:28 AM
Smiling Knight (SmilingNight), North America.

Legoshrimp
2010-09-09, 12:30 PM
We need your character code, and what server your on.

To find your char code click on the add friend and it should be on the top of the box that is opened

Edit: Shh I'm tired!

Oslecamo
2010-09-09, 04:00 PM
Onard, European servers.

arguskos
2010-09-09, 04:24 PM
Onard, European servers.
They'll need your identification number as well, Oslecamo. :smallwink:

Oslecamo
2010-09-09, 04:28 PM
They'll need your identification number as well, Oslecamo. :smallwink:

Ouch, where do I find that one? I didn't know I had it!:smalleek:

Winterwind
2010-09-09, 04:31 PM
Ouch, where do I find that one? I didn't know I had it!:smalleek:From the post right above your previous one:
To find your char code click on the add friend and it should be on the top of the box that is opened:smalltongue:

Or just move with your cursor onto your avatar at the top.

arguskos
2010-09-09, 04:55 PM
Ouch, where do I find that one? I didn't know I had it!:smalleek:
What WW said. :smallcool:

Shadow_Elf
2010-09-09, 08:00 PM
I'd like to be added to the list of players. I am on North American servers.

Shadow_Elf (MariachiDuck.171)

I might have to double check the number, but I am 90% sure that is correct. Next time I log into SC2, I will verify it.

Winterwind
2010-09-10, 04:14 AM
Reminder: Tomorrow is our next session! :smallsmile:

I will be going on holidays for the next two weeks, so, no participation from me; I'll be back on the 25th (which is also a Saturday), hopefully in time for the session.

If anyone of the people who'd offered me another guest key could have one come my way by then, that would be great - I'm fresh out of them. :smallredface:

(I won't be able to thank you until I'm back, so thanks in advance, with promises of thanks again when I return :smallsmile:)

Cynan Machae
2010-09-11, 11:25 AM
Since the guy who made the gitp custom division went missing and we can't update it, I made a new one, with everyone from the lists in this topic:

http://sc2ranks.com/c/680

If I forgot anyone, you can add them yourselves now.

Forbiddenwar
2010-09-11, 11:47 AM
Since the guy who made the gitp custom division went missing and we can't update it, I made a new one, with everyone from the lists in this topic:

Thanks for putting that together. Interesting that there are almost twice as many people in diamond and platinum as there are in gold, silver and bronze combined. No wonder the games tend to be more fun to watch rather than to play.

AgentPaper
2010-09-11, 11:58 AM
I'm gunna have to get off my ass and play some matches one of these days...

arguskos
2010-09-11, 12:16 PM

It amuses me how I'm not listed there. :smallbiggrin:

I really need to freakin' play some 1v1s sometime.

Cynan Machae
2010-09-11, 03:08 PM
Oh yea; seems people that haven't finished their placement matches got added but aren't displayed on the list. Cause I did add you guys (Paper and Arguskos)

arguskos
2010-09-11, 03:14 PM
Oh yea; seems people that haven't finished their placement matches got added but aren't displayed on the list. Cause I did add you guys (Paper and Arguskos)
Yeah figured it was cause I haven't done my 1v1 placements. I reaaaaally need to get around to that.

Kris Strife
2010-09-11, 03:22 PM
I probably won't be playing much for a while, my laptop barely runs the game and I'm waiting for all the complaints of balance issues to quiet down... But what is an identifier?

Cynan Machae
2010-09-11, 04:10 PM
It's the number associated with your character name, assigned randomly bi blizzard, that you can find by a mouse over your portrait on the top right or in the add friend window. When you add someone you need his character name + identifier.

Kris Strife
2010-09-11, 05:16 PM
Kris.293 North American server

Sindriss
2010-09-11, 10:39 PM
I probably won't be playing much for a while, my laptop barely runs the game and I'm waiting for all the complaints of balance issues to quiet down... But what is an identifier?

The game is actually pretty balanced. Most of it is just whiny teenagers.

Shadow_Elf
2010-09-11, 10:53 PM
Sorry, I need to make a correction. My friend code is 174, not 171. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Oslecamo
2010-09-12, 04:27 PM
What WW said. :smallcool:

Onard, european, code number 759. Anything still missing?

Raroy
2010-09-17, 09:21 PM
Reminder: Tomorrow is our next session

Even though I'm sure all the regulars already know this because they spend like six hours playing :smalltongue:.

Winterwind, I am not.

Forbiddenwar
2010-09-17, 09:26 PM
Reminder: Tomorrow is our next session

Even though I'm sure all the regulars already know this because they spend like six hours playing :smalltongue:.

six hours? more like 12.

fknm
2010-09-20, 09:13 AM
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=154374

SEA region players will be able to play on the NA sever with 1.1.

aNooburak
2010-09-23, 06:56 AM
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=154374

SEA region players will be able to play on the NA sever with 1.1.

Thanks to that, I got a free account for NA servers! :smallbiggrin:
Will add my account later.

GolemsVoice
2010-09-23, 07:15 AM
My name's Luke.251, on the EU servers. If anyone wants to add me, please tell me that you're from GitP.

aNooburak
2010-09-25, 01:05 AM
Here's my NA server account:
eRiKu.496

Cynan Machae
2010-09-25, 02:30 PM
I want to try and set friendly GitP tourney for today's session, because I want to try myself at casting. If anyone is interested, jsut say so or tell me on B.net. Any skill level, only for fun sicne it's mostly a trying out.

TFT
2010-09-25, 02:38 PM
If I'm going to be playing at sessions, might as well put my id up here

TFT.294

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-09-25, 03:55 PM
I want to try and set friendly GitP tourney for today's session, because I want to try myself at casting. If anyone is interested, jsut say so or tell me on B.net. Any skill level, only for fun sicne it's mostly a trying out.

That sounds fun! :smallbiggrin: Definitely want to be involved, if I'm on in time.

Cynan Machae
2010-09-25, 04:32 PM
1 more spot and we start!

Edit: Starting now!

BracketS: http://challonge.com/gitpsc2_0925
Stream: http://www.livestream.com/cynanmachae

Winterwind
2010-09-25, 04:47 PM
And I'm back. :smallsmile:

...alas, cannot participate at the session due to lack of a guest key. Oh well, I'm too exhausted to participate today anyway. Hopefully next time again. :smallredface:

AgentPaper
2010-09-26, 12:31 PM
So, apparently some of those games were cast? Are the videos of them up somewhere?

fknm
2010-09-26, 12:39 PM
They're at the stream link that Cynan linked in his post above. He also said he'd upload them to youtube at some point.

Cynan Machae
2010-09-26, 01:08 PM
I am actually uploading them to youtube right now. I'm having to cut some of them for the 15 minutes limit so it's taking quite some time, but already mroe than half are already t here and the rest should be finished soon (some of the vids have these weird black borders around them, still figuring out how to not have those ><).

So, to recap yesterday, I'd like to congratulate AronTimes aka Joseph Silver for taking the 1st place! Also, great play by LegoShrimp for his second place coming all the way from the looser bracket (5 matches!) and Rigel of Cyrosea for taking the third place. Full standings can be found here: http://challonge.com/gitpsc2_0925

Also, I've uploaded every replay of those games to the Challonge. Just click on the little green attachement thingy and you should be able to download them.

As it has been said, the games were casted (by myself), and are being uploaded on youtube. You can view them on the stream link, but it's easier with YT so I could remove everything around the vid so here's the playlist containing all the games from the tournament:
http://www.youtube.com/user/CynanMachae#p/c/DFB14D433ADF84EA

This was my first time casting, I would appreciate any input/constructive criticism in order to get it better.

Aron Times
2010-09-26, 04:13 PM
Cynan, have you considered casting the replays instead of doing it live? It would cut down on the lag and it would let us get in more games at once. If you want to get the "live" feel for the shoutcast, you can do what Crota (Blizshouter) does and do the shoutcast the first time you watch the replay.

The lag was okay, but it would've been unacceptable in a "real" tourney. I couldn't stutterstep my marines into killing scouting workers because of the lag.

Also, what does everyone think of large team games? I used to play 4v4 games back in Starcraft 1, never really getting into the competitive 1v1 scene. My friends and I used to play in a cybercafe within walking distance of school whose name I cannot recall. Fun times were had.

Cynan Machae
2010-09-26, 04:27 PM
Lol there was lag? Why didn't anybody say so >< There was an easy fix and just lower my framerate if it was the case <<

fknm
2010-09-26, 04:30 PM
There was lots of lag in my game vs. Rigel, but I think we all assumed it was because of Erikku.

Cynan Machae
2010-09-26, 04:34 PM
Yea that one was because of observers (eRiKu mostly) and thats why there wasnt any obs in the other games :P

Aron Times
2010-09-26, 04:34 PM
Yes, there was. If you look closely, in multiple games, I tried to stutterstep attack scouting workers to no avail. Even my MM kiting in one TvP game was lousy. I didn't complain because it was just a friendly tourney and I try not to take the game too seriously.

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-09-26, 08:04 PM
I didn't notice any lag other than in the game against Obscura.

Thrawn183
2010-09-28, 10:39 AM
Hey guys, sorry it took me so long to get around to posting in this thread. It took a while to find my code.

I'm Thrawnyboy.188

Winterwind
2010-10-01, 09:55 AM
Remember, tomorrow's our next session. Hope to see you all there. :smallsmile:

arguskos
2010-10-01, 04:12 PM
Remember, tomorrow's our next session. Hope to see you all there. :smallsmile:
Sadly, I can't make it (Blizzard, FIX THE FPS ISSUE PLEASE!! :smallfrown:). Have fun though folks!

Aron Times
2010-10-01, 04:36 PM
Are we going to have another in-house tourney today, or something else?

Maybe an 8-player FFA? :smallcool:

Cynan Machae
2010-10-01, 10:28 PM
If there is going to be another in-house tourney someone else will have to organise it this time :P

And I don't think we have many fans of FFA games .... <<

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-10-02, 10:53 AM
Lego and I were thinking of organizing and co-casting another in-house tourney today, if there's the interest for it.

fknm
2010-10-02, 10:59 AM
Ugh. I'd rather get to play more than two games before getting relegated to watching someone else's stream.

EDIT- BTW, you misspelled my GitP board name in your OP :P

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-10-02, 11:10 AM
Ugh. I'd rather get to play more than two games before getting relegated to watching someone else's stream.

EDIT- BTW, you misspelled my GitP board name in your OP :P

Fixed.

You can always play more against the other players who are out. >.>
Nobody is forcing you to watch the stream. But in any case, we'll see. If there are several people who'd rather not do it again, we won't.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-10-02, 11:23 AM
Lego and I were thinking of organizing and co-casting another in-house tourney today, if there's the interest for it.

I wonder if I could get my hands on some of the replays and try to 'cast them on my Livestream. Still got a wracking cough, so not this time 'round, but once this thing clears up... I may not be able to play very well, but I can tell what is going on, and I'm a Renfaire entertainer, so I know how to work an audience

Cynan Machae
2010-10-02, 11:44 AM
I'd play for sure, and yea, like Rigel said, anyone that wish to play instead can play meanwhile (and watch the games later if they want). It's pretty much the same as when people are all obsing in one game :P If you want to play you play, if you want to obs you obs :P

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-10-02, 11:48 AM
I wonder if I could get my hands on some of the replays and try to 'cast them on my Livestream. Still got a wracking cough, so not this time 'round, but once this thing clears up... I may not be able to play very well, but I can tell what is going on, and I'm a Renfaire entertainer, so I know how to work an audience

If you want the replays, I'm sure we could get people to upload them.

Also, we could potentially do a 2v2 tourney if people would prefer. It could make for more balance between participants, and the whole thing would go faster. I guess we'll see what people want to do once everyone is on and ready to go.

Jamin
2010-10-02, 11:53 AM
I'll be on soon. Just doing somethings right now

Cynan Machae
2010-10-02, 12:05 PM
About the replays, if you are using Challonge like we did last time, peopel ca upload replays directly there. Last week I uploaded them myself, but you could probably ahve the players do it if needed.

Winterwind
2010-10-02, 12:51 PM
Well, just looking at my experience from last week - the previous times, whenever I came onto the sessions, I could get as many games as I wanted, when I wanted. Last time, I waited three games, stating before and after each one of them that I wanted to play, but nobody was ever ready to play, because everyone was either watching the stream, afk while waiting for their turn to come up, or saying they couldn't play because they were up next. So, my experience is that a tournament means that the amount of playtime people who want to play get is cut down tremendously in comparison to what they would get without the tournament. So, I'm against a tournament, because I want to get more than one game every two hours, too. Anything that stops people who want to play from playing is a bad thing.

Rhydeble
2010-10-02, 03:44 PM
Could you add me to the list?

I'm on europe, name is rhydeble, identifier is 360

fknm
2010-10-02, 06:32 PM
Sorry, guys- I'm trying to log back in, but it's telling me that it can't download an authenticator module.

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-10-02, 10:57 PM
So, the second GitP in-house tourney is finished. And it ended up not being entirely in-house. Vods will be uploaded by Lego sometime soonish. The commentary got kinda slow at the end with so many long TvTs, so apologies for that.
I'll upload the replays tonight and edit in a link to this post.

Results:
Congratulations to Cynan for taking first, going 6-1 in the whole tournament, Inkarnate for taking second, and UMadImStylin for taking third place after being sent to loser's bracket in the first round.

EDIT: Replays are here (http://www.mediafire.com/?ql8d5wbsppghx). Warning- the names contain results spoilers.

Legoshrimp
2010-10-03, 08:54 AM
Okay started uploading them now, it will probably be a while before they are up.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Legoshrimp
My upload is really bad and I won't be able to upload always because it blocks anyone doing things online I think. But I have the first Ro8 game up. Inkarnate vs Wishbones.
Any constructive criticisms, and comments on the commentary is welcome.
First I think I had game sounds too loud so it might be hard to hear speaking at those points, and I apologize for the clicking throughout it. Also I don't think we ever introduced are selves in the cast. So Rigel spoke first.

Aron Times
2010-10-03, 11:30 AM
Oooh, I missed this one. I suggest that we plan these in-house events ahead of time so we can make sure that we have the time to play. I left early because I thought we weren't doing anything. I spent the evening playing Team Fortress 2 instead.

The Orange Zergling
2010-10-03, 02:57 PM
My apologies for not being there yesterday, it was my birthday so I was otherwise engaged. :smallwink:

On the in-house tournament things... could we not just arrange them on a day other than Saturday? I echo Winterwind's statements about the number of games that get played - the tournament I was in was fun, but I think I would still prefer playing more than 2-3 games in the span of 4 hours.

Cynan Machae
2010-10-03, 03:25 PM
Well actually yesterday I don't think the normal games were disturbed any, since nobody was watching the tourney games (no stream, only vods), there was quite some other games. I think I atually played more games than I normally do on a saturday <<

Winterwind
2010-10-04, 07:09 AM
Well... considering there were people who expressed their frustration with no longer being able to play after dropping out of the tournament and who had to wait excessive times before they got another game, people who outright resorted to playing different games while waiting (and subsequently vanished for hours), people who wandered off to ladder because the rest of the group was too busy tourneying to play with them... so, yeah, I do not wish to be ungrateful towards the organizers (in fact, personally, I had a great time, and I'd like to thank you for that :smallsmile:), but there were people who evidently did not have a good time.

aNooburak
2010-10-04, 07:48 AM
Maybe we could have the first rounds of the tournament be run simultaniously and report the winner to whoever keeps track of the tournament. The same could be done to round 2 if we have lots of people. That way, the people who get eliminated get to wait less for the rest of the tourny members to finish, which would be much longer if we did each tournament match one by one.

This way, we can still have a decent tournament going on and have free time for friendly games afterwards. The only disadvantage is that casters won't be able to cast all the round of 1 and maybe 2 games. The semi-finals and finals on the other hand allow more focus for casting than round 1 & 2 and should be more entertaining to cast so it shouldn't be too much of a big deal.

Winterwind
2010-10-04, 09:21 AM
That sounds like it might work. :smallsmile:

Cynan Machae
2010-10-04, 12:55 PM
Games can always be casted out of replays anyway so yea it's probably the better idea :P

Winterwind
2010-10-04, 01:27 PM
Not having people cast during the games would further free up more players to play while waiting for the tourney games to finish (even if noone is watching at the time, it binds at least the people casting). That would firstly allow the organizers/casters to participate in the tournament as well, and secondly make it easier to communicate with the organizers (for instance, on Saturday, I said no less than four times that I felt that Obscura should advance in the winner bracket instead of me, as he had won the previous two games we had played, so we were basically at 2:1 for him. Sure, I won the one that was "officially" a tournament game, but I thought it was just fair to count the other two games nonetheless. Nobody ever responded to me, and ultimately Obscura ended up being sent into the loser bracket instead of me, with the organizers just grabbing him and going off into the game with him, with no chance to communicate with them).

So, yeah, I think making the casts to replays instead of live would be much, much better.

Legoshrimp
2010-10-04, 03:31 PM
yeah we should probably do it different, but i also think there is somethting to doing it live with an audiance. Also we probably should have some planning :P

Edit: ro8 and ro4 and hopefully the winners finals are up now. For some reason part . Did not upload. I will fix this when i get home.

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-10-04, 04:38 PM
Not having people cast during the games would further free up more players to play while waiting for the tourney games to finish (even if noone is watching at the time, it binds at least the people casting). That would firstly allow the organizers/casters to participate in the tournament as well, and secondly make it easier to communicate with the organizers (for instance, on Saturday, I said no less than four times that I felt that Obscura should advance in the winner bracket instead of me, as he had won the previous two games we had played, so we were basically at 2:1 for him. Sure, I won the one that was "officially" a tournament game, but I thought it was just fair to count the other two games nonetheless. Nobody ever responded to me, and ultimately Obscura ended up being sent into the loser bracket instead of me, with the organizers just grabbing him and going off into the game with him, with no chance to communicate with them).

So, yeah, I think making the casts to replays instead of live would be much, much better.
Winter, I heard you say that several times. However, I disagreed and was pressed for time. Therefore I decided not to bother responding, as I had no intention of changing anything and it seemed like my time would be better used keeping the games moving.

Your intentions are very noble, but things just don't work that way. Tournament games are independent of previous games. Perhaps Obs was more nervous in the tourney game, or maybe you just got better as the day went on. In any case, you won when it mattered, so you advanced. You also proved you deserved that win as the tournament went on by finishing fourth overall.

Winterwind
2010-10-04, 05:09 PM
Winter, I heard you say that several times. However, I disagreed and was pressed for time. Therefore I decided not to bother responding, as I had no intention of changing anything and it seemed like my time would be better used keeping the games moving.Oh, okay. I totally understand that; scratch this part of my argument, then. :smallredface:

Your intentions are very noble, but things just don't work that way. Tournament games are independent of previous games. Perhaps Obs was more nervous in the tourney game, or maybe you just got better as the day went on. In any case, you won when it mattered, so you advanced. You also proved you deserved that win as the tournament went on by finishing fourth overall.Well, tournament games are only independent of the previous games if we want them to be. It's not like there is any set of rules imposed upon us from the outside; we can go with whatever we want. Or, more accurately, with whatever the tourney's organizer(s) want(s), considering it's them who are making the effort to keep things running. You having been the organizer, if you want to rule this way, that's perfectly fine by me; if you'd told me you ruled so on Saturday, I'd have shut up instantly. :smallwink:

fknm
2010-10-04, 06:44 PM
yeah we should probably do it different, but i also think there is somethting to doing it live with an audiance. Also we probably should have some planning :P
Or we could just stop beating our heads against the brick wall and admit when something just doesn't work.

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-10-04, 06:57 PM
Or we could just stop beating our heads against the brick wall and admit when something just doesn't work.

Well, some people had fun with them. And I don't just mean the casters, I had a great time playing in the one Cynan ran. I don't think we should completely abandon the idea just because some people haven't enjoyed them. However, doing them two weeks in a row was probably a bad idea.

fknm
2010-10-04, 07:10 PM
I had a great time playing...

Yeah, I imagine that helps a lot.

Even with a tournament specifically set up so that we could have games on the side, it turned the session from "There are no skill requirements to play in this group" to "You'd better be good if you don't want to be stuck playing the same two people over and over again in degenerate mirror match hell".

I don't mean that as a slight to either Winter or TFT. Both of you are great guys. But playing the same two people in the same match that can be summed up as "produce out of 4 warpgates better than your opponent does" over and over and over is pretty bad.

EDIT- BTW, casting tip- when a player says "Oh, ****" in the chat, you might want to look to see what prompted that. In my match vs. Winter, you missed the moment where my death was sealed (psi block on 3rd pylon -> being behind in probes -> gates 3 and 4 delayed, as well as every pylon afterwards unless you skip a production cycle. Skipping a production cycle is death in PvP, late pylons are death in PvP, and late gates are death in PvP).

Cynan Machae
2010-10-04, 08:48 PM
Well Obs, to be fair, I think what you said would be caused by the fact that about nobody showed up saturday. I don't think that the fact that lego/rigel were casting and I was playing tourney games changed anything in your choice of opponents, since usually those aren't the ones you are matched against in regular session play.

Normally we have much more people showing up at the session (not 5-6)

Winterwind
2010-10-05, 07:26 AM
Was something special going on in America this weekend? Both of the WC3 sessions had very below-standard participation as well, especially the custom game one on Friday...

Legoshrimp
2010-10-05, 06:53 PM
All of the games are up now!!! :smallbiggrin:

So post your thoughts, comments, and constructive criticisms of are commentary!

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-10-05, 07:06 PM
Thanks for taking the time to upload all the videos, Lego. I think both of us are a bit too deadpan to be good commentators, but it was a lot of fun regardless.

aNooburak
2010-10-05, 07:07 PM
All of the games are up now!!! :smallbiggrin:

So post your thoughts, comments, and constructive criticisms of are commentary!

Where may I see this?

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-10-05, 08:21 PM
Where may I see this?

www.youtube.com/legoshrimp

Forbiddenwar
2010-10-05, 10:23 PM
If I may make a request to the group?
We should all do Day9's challenge this Saturday.
We should pair off in 3v3 and/or 4v4.
All state in All chat the only unit they will build.
And play.

Perhaps in the begining, someone can post Day 9 Funday Monday, courtesy of the Gitp Starcraft 2 group. And then each of us submit those replays.

It'll be a lot of fun.
We can make 3v3 and 4v4 teams ahead of time and choose our units here in the thread.
And, if 1 of them gets cast, Rich's numbers will go through the roof as everyone will ask, who or what is gitp?

AgentPaper
2010-10-05, 10:28 PM
And play.

Perhaps in the begining, someone can post Day 9 Funday Monday, courtesy of the Gitp Starcraft 2 group. And then each of us submit those replays.

It'll be a lot of fun.
We can make 3v3 and 4v4 teams ahead of time and choose our units here in the thread.
And, if 1 of them gets cast, Rich's numbers will go through the roof as everyone will ask, who or what is gitp?

I'm game. Dark Templar. :smallbiggrin:

aNooburak
2010-10-05, 11:22 PM
And play.

It'll be a lot of fun.

Great Idea! Mass infestors for me :smallcool:

Gralamin
2010-10-06, 04:04 AM
If I happen to be around, I'm game. Funday Monday has me intrigued. I play random though so...

Zerg: Corrupters.
Terran: Hellions.
Protoss: Carriers.

Winterwind
2010-10-06, 04:44 AM
Wouldn't it make more sense to first come up with teams and then decide upon the units, rather than the other way around? :smallwink:

Anyway, as long as it wouldn't be the only thing played, sounds fun to me, too. :smallcool:

AgentPaper
2010-10-06, 11:49 AM
Wouldn't it make more sense to first come up with teams and then decide upon the units, rather than the other way around? :smallwink:

Oh yes, definitely. I just want to do Dark Templar because it's ballsy and I'm sure day9 will love that. :smallcool:

And hey, maybe it'll turn out Dark Templar are more powerful than people give them credit for. I don't really see people using them much. At most, they'll do like a single DT rush at the very start of the game and then just never make them again, even though they have the resources.

Forbiddenwar
2010-10-06, 04:38 PM
Oh yes, definitely. I just want to do Dark Templar because it's ballsy and I'm sure day9 will love that. :smallcool:

And hey, maybe it'll turn out Dark Templar are more powerful than people give them credit for. I don't really see people using them much. At most, they'll do like a single DT rush at the very start of the game and then just never make them again, even though they have the resources.

Dts are very powerful as long as they are:
unnoticed
or
not alone (have stlkers zelots to tank for them).

If I play on your team, I'd make stalkers or zealots. Both are great only units.
Against you, well. I've always wanted to try the mass raven build.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-10-06, 05:05 PM
So buildings don't count as units, right?

So if I were to declare, for example, Queens... then did a lot of spore/spine crawlers with Creep creep, that would be legit?

arguskos
2010-10-06, 05:39 PM
So buildings don't count as units, right?

So if I were to declare, for example, Queens... then did a lot of spore/spine crawlers with Creep creep, that would be legit?
Actually, as day9 states in the Funday Monday where he announced the challenge, Overlords/Overseers/Queens/Observers are all legit to build even though they aren't your "one unit". However, I think that if you did mass queen/spine pushes he would probably just not cast it, since we've seen that before. Do Banelings or something. :smallbiggrin:

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-10-06, 06:15 PM
Actually, as day9 states in the Funday Monday where he announced the challenge, Overlords/Overseers/Queens/Observers are all legit to build even though they aren't your "one unit". However, I think that if you did mass queen/spine pushes he would probably just not cast it, since we've seen that before. Do Banelings or something. :smallbiggrin:

Would have to make lings to make banelings, thus technically violating the terms of the contest. Likewise with broodlords.

fknm
2010-10-06, 06:43 PM
Would have to make lings to make banelings, thus technically violating the terms of the contest. Likewise with broodlords.
Actually, Day9 specifically said that zerglings -> banelings was fine. He also said that you could make workers, Observers, and Overseers, even if they weren't your "declared" unit.

Forbiddenwar
2010-10-06, 07:05 PM
Actually, Day9 specifically said that zerglings -> banelings was fine. He also said that you could make workers, Observers, and Overseers, even if they weren't your "declared" unit.

hmm. It might be an interesting game if only 1 player could make workers and had to feed the other 2.

AgentPaper
2010-10-06, 07:23 PM
hmm. It might be an interesting game if only 1 player could make workers and had to feed the other 2.

Hm, that might be a fun custom map. One player controls the workers, using them to harvest minerals and build buildings, which the other players can then use to build units with the minerals and gas that are automatically divided up between 3-4 other players.

Forbiddenwar
2010-10-06, 08:43 PM
On the subject of teams, I think we should either:
1) have gold and under team matches and plat and higher matches.
Or
2) no more than one diamond level player per team per match.

I seem to remember some griefing when there was a game between all diamond players vs 1 diamond and 2 bronze level players. We're suppose to have fun right? Would one of these restrictions lead to funner matches? Just MHO

If this is agreed upon, I think the first restriction may lead to more games for everyone and more fun. we can have 2 matches going at once.

aNooburak
2010-10-06, 08:50 PM
Or
2) no more than one diamond level player per team per match.

I seem to remember some griefing when there was a game between all diamond players vs 1 diamond and 2 bronze level players. We're suppose to have fun right? Would one of these restrictions lead to funner matches? Just MHO

If this is agreed upon, I think the first restriction may lead to more games for everyone and more fun. we can have 2 matches going at once.

Seems fair enough, I'd most likely go with idea 1.

fknm
2010-10-06, 08:59 PM
Problem I have with this is that, in my experience, there's not a huge difference between Silver, Gold, and Plat. Sure, the Plat leaguer will usually be better, but the skill gap won't be totally immense. In my experience, the biggest jump is from Plat -> Diamond, followed distantly by Bronze -> Silver.

Forbiddenwar
2010-10-07, 12:09 AM
Problem I have with this is that, in my experience, there's not a huge difference between Silver, Gold, and Plat. Sure, the Plat leaguer will usually be better, but the skill gap won't be totally immense. In my experience, the biggest jump is from Plat -> Diamond, followed distantly by Bronze -> Silver.

I was aiming for more of an even divide (http://sc2ranks.com/c/680), rather than skill. But whatever. My experience on the league differs, since I found it easy to go from bronze to gold (picked a race and tried to always make workers and supply), but have completely stalled in gold. (everyone in Plat insta kills me in matches, no contest.)

Edit: whoops, scranks of the froup has changed drastically since I've seen it last. My suggest divide is no longer even. Does the idea seem valid at least. the actaul divide and teams can be made on Sat when we see who shows up when.

fknm
2010-10-07, 12:14 AM
I was aiming for more of an even divide (http://sc2ranks.com/c/680), rather than skill. But whatever. My experience on the league differs, since I found it easy to go from bronze to gold (picked a race and tried to always make workers and supply), but have completely stalled in gold.
You're stalled in gold because you lost 100 consecutive games. Your match history shows that you're still facing Bronze league players in the aftermath of that.

I'm in Silver, but I mostly get matched against Gold and Plat leaguers.

Here's me vs. a Gold League Terran:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pr0d227roa10kw5

Here's me vs. a Platinum League Terran:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mv3qyzdbbwhc0m1

Very little difference. The Gold League game went a bit easier, but that's mostly because I macro'd better that game.

EDIT- I'm not certain that the idea of sorting according to league is really valid. For instance, Raroy is ranked higher than I am, but I'm probably the better player. I'm ranked higher than Kelaos, but have never beaten him (albeit, it's been a long time since I last faced him).

MonarchAnarch
2010-10-07, 03:27 PM
I will be on tomorrow, friday the 8th, from 12:30 to 5:15pm central time. Screen name is Monarch.202 and would LOVE some company in doing this on 3v3 and 4v4's!

Hope to get some adds and see ya online tomorrow! WOO!

Raroy
2010-10-07, 05:21 PM
The only reason I'm in platinum is because I'm good at beating rushes. Other then that, I'd say I'm only high bronze at best.

Winterwind
2010-10-08, 12:41 PM
The other problem with sorting people according to their leagues... I've only played at our sessions so far. So, I'm in no league at all! What am I? :smalltongue:

Also, reminder: Tomorrow is our next session. :smallcool:
I won't be able to participate, alas, due to visiting my parents (which pretty much always also includes meeting some old RL friends in the evenings, whenever I do, and besides I don't have a computer over there that's powerful enough to play WC3, nevermind SC2), but I hope you all have lots of fun. :smallsmile:

Prince Gimli
2010-10-09, 05:36 PM
I am Malderon.607 on Europe.

I do hope Blizzard will implement cross-realm play some day, I still can't fathom why they would take several steps backward from the old B.net like this :smallconfused:

AgentPaper
2010-10-09, 05:55 PM
No cross realm makes sense for ladder play. It lets blizz see how different groups play the game, which allows them to make more informed balance decisions. If they just saw that Terrans were winning 60% of their games, they might think it was a balance problem. If instead they saw Terrans are winning 60% in NA and only 40% in Asia, then they can be confident that it's probably not balance problem, but instead just a player problem that will probably even out as players share strategies and figure out new ones.

Cynan Machae
2010-10-10, 09:17 PM
I still don't see the problem with cross-realm play and an intra-realm ladder.

AgentPaper
2010-10-10, 09:30 PM
I still don't see the problem with cross-realm play and an intra-realm ladder.

It's not that it's a problem, it's that it's beneficial for Blizzard and isn't really a big deal for players. That's just ladder though. It doesn't really apply to non-ladder play, be it custom games or just arranged matches for tournaments. I would have to guess that it won't be too long before we can play custom games cross-realm.

Winterwind
2010-10-15, 06:59 AM
Reminder, tomorrow is our next session. Hope to see you all there. :smallsmile:

So, did this "3v3s with players building only one unit"-thing happen last week, or is it still ahead?

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-10-15, 11:21 AM
Reminder, tomorrow is our next session. Hope to see you all there. :smallsmile:

So, did this "3v3s with players building only one unit"-thing happen last week, or is it still ahead?

It happened. And we got at least one epic replay out of it. Actually, I'm surprised nobody has posted it here yet.

Here's a link (http://www.mediafire.com/?sadnpwv3w52eloi) for anyone who wants to see it. It's one hell of a crazy game.

Forbiddenwar
2010-10-15, 01:05 PM
It happened. And we got at least one epic replay out of it. Actually, I'm surprised nobody has posted it here yet.

Here's a link (http://www.mediafire.com/?sadnpwv3w52eloi) for anyone who wants to see it. It's one hell of a crazy game.

Note that Day 9 is doing it again, and this time it'll be a two hour show, so, if we found it fun, can keep playing a few games in this mode and send them to Day9

Winterwind
2010-10-15, 01:48 PM
Not to mention that, if we found it fun, we can do it anyway, no matter what Day9 is doing or not. :smalltongue:

But yeah, if it worked fine enough, I wouldn't mind if we tried it again; I'd gladly participate in that. :smallsmile:

Forbiddenwar
2010-10-15, 10:30 PM

sweet effing game! It's a terrible shame we couldn't send it to Day9 due to that mass ultra/ mass queen build.

But, only making motherships, wow!

aNooburak
2010-10-15, 10:46 PM
sweet effing game! It's a terrible shame we couldn't send it to Day9 due to that mass ultra/ mass queen build.

But, only making motherships, wow!

Day9 never said anything about massing queens AND one other unit >.>

Eldariel
2010-10-15, 11:01 PM

Queens were indeed omitted from the restrictions. Go for it. Honestly, just spell it out MOTHERSHIPS! and I'm pretty sure you'll get on TV.

Moklok
2010-10-15, 11:39 PM

The difference between Plat and Diamond isnt big either. Havent played 1v1 in months, but when I did, I played nothing but high ranked Diamond players 1 after the other, while being ranked 40-50 in Platinum.

Eldariel
2010-10-15, 11:51 PM
The difference between Plat and Diamond isnt big either. Havent played 1v1 in months, but when I did, I played nothing but high ranked Diamond players 1 after the other, while being ranked 40-50 in Platinum.

How did you not get into Diamond O.o If you do fine (that is, win even once) against a high ranked Diamond, you should get promoted...

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-10-16, 01:05 AM
You don't get promoted until you stabilize. When your win rate gets close to 50% over a reasonable number of your most recent games, then you can get promoted- you'll go to the league that you stabilized playing against.

Thrawn183
2010-10-16, 08:49 AM
Am I the only one who never gets placed against people ranked lower than me? I went from 46th to 18th in my division (platinum) last week, and I miss playing against the really easy guys.

Edit: In team play, can you warp in on an allied protoss' pylons? I think it could be a lot of fun to play the next funday monday with someone going warp prisms and just sending all their resources to someone else. It could allow for some really gas heavy builds. Minerals too, as you don't need epic numbers of warp prisms, but the gas especially.

Moklok
2010-10-16, 12:46 PM
You don't get promoted until you stabilize. When your win rate gets close to 50% over a reasonable number of your most recent games, then you can get promoted- you'll go to the league that you stabilized playing against.

Thats not true either, at least in my case. Every time I got promoted so far, in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4, it was always 4-5 lost games in a row, then 1 win, and that win would promote me. I have been promoted around 5 times now in different teams and its always that same pattern for me.

Forbiddenwar
2010-10-16, 02:36 PM

He actually said
"you can make 1 queen per base"

but anyway, everyone's right. That game was epic, cloaked banelings, nukes, it didn't get any better and it does need to be sent to Day 9.

fknm
2010-10-16, 02:39 PM
He actually said
"you can make 1 queen per base"

but anyway, everyone's right. That game was epic, cloaked banelings, nukes, it didn't get any better and it does need to be sent to Day 9.
It was sent to day9- I sent it, as did Inkarnate and UMad.

Rhydeble
2010-10-16, 03:36 PM
So just a quick question, how do we do these games together, just add a few people on the same server to your friendlist and be there in time? and is the time listed in the first post the same for all servers (i'm on EU)

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-10-16, 04:23 PM
Thats not true either, at least in my case. Every time I got promoted so far, in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4, it was always 4-5 lost games in a row, then 1 win, and that win would promote me. I have been promoted around 5 times now in different teams and its always that same pattern for me.

But over your last ten or fifteen games, was your win rate stabilizing?

Moklok
2010-10-16, 05:42 PM
But over your last ten or fifteen games, was your win rate stabilizing?

Stabilized over 15 games? Dont think so, I think in general my Win rate is above .50 in every case, but still its always a relativly big string of lose, then 1 single win.

Forbiddenwar
2010-10-19, 08:45 PM
New day9 rules on funday monday replay:

To: [email protected]
Subject: Day9 Funday Monday Unit, unit, unit, unit vs unit, unit, unit, unit

Body:
Team 1: Player rank, rank, rank, rank vs
Team 2: Player rank, rank, rank, rank

1 sentence description
Don't Forget to actually attach the replay (over half miss this step)

next funday monday is a repeat of the only make 1 unit in 3v3 and 4v4. 2 hour special.

Winterwind
2010-10-22, 08:34 AM
And, reminder, tomorrow is our next session once again. Hope to see you there. :smallsmile:

Jamin
2010-10-22, 11:23 PM
I doubt I will be on but who knows.

Thrawn183
2010-10-22, 11:40 PM
I'll definitely be on tomorrow, but I don't know what time yet. My schedule is all fluid and loosely defined still.

arguskos
2010-10-22, 11:44 PM
I'll likely be on, at least a little. Probably fairly late in the day though.

fknm
2010-10-25, 10:22 PM
Dammit, someone ripped off our Baneling/Ghost/Mothership combo and Day9 is doing it, not ours!

Winterwind
2010-10-29, 07:26 AM
So, reminder: Tomorrow is our next session! :smallsmile:
Afraid I won't be able to participate - off to my parents for the weekend, will almost certainly be meeting RL friends or be otherwise occupied - but I wish you all lots of fun. :smallwink:

arguskos
2010-10-30, 09:59 PM
I'll likely be on, at least a little. Probably fairly late in the day though.
Apparently, that turned into all damn day (and some epic games, AAAAND my role as hoster, apparently). :smallbiggrin:

Also, for the BW fans in the house (you know who you are), I introduced Lego, Cynan, and Rigel to the SC2BW remake maps. These are iCCup maps remade into SC2, that another guy took and layed the entire Brood War tech tree, all the units, all the upgrades, all the voices (:smalleek:), everything, onto. If you liked Brood War, but wanted smoother controls and sexier graphics, this is for you. To find them (there's four of them), go to Custom Games, in the search bar type in SC2BW, and they'll pop right up.

fknm
2010-11-01, 12:03 AM
So, someone thinks that they've figured out the MMR formula, and has an app for calculating it:
http://sc2stars.com/

Of the GitPers who regularly play on the Saturday session on the U.S. servers, according to this app, the ranks, in the form of username (rating), are:
1. Tacgnol (3149)
2. Rigel (3121)
3. LegoShrimp (3022)
4. Cynan (3012)
5. AronTimes(2910)
6. Sillose (2616)
7. Raroy (2447)
8. Anatharon (2293)
9. Lykos (2273)
10. Jamin (2253)
11. Obscura (2080)
12. ForbiddenWar (1097)
13. TFT (724)

Looking at the order of the top 4 really makes me wonder about the accuracy of his formula...

Winterwind
2010-11-05, 10:59 AM
Reminder: Our next session is tomorrow. :smallsmile:

I'll be off visiting an old friend (from way back in elementary school :smallbiggrin:), so I won't be able to participate (again :smallfrown:), but I wish you all lots of fun. :smallsmile:

TFT
2010-11-05, 03:50 PM
Reminder: Our next session is tomorrow. :smallsmile:

I'll be off visiting an old friend (from way back in elementary school :smallbiggrin:), so I won't be able to participate (again :smallfrown:), but I wish you all lots of fun. :smallsmile:

To add to that, I believe the day where we move the clock back is a couple of days earlier in Europe then in the U.S.(WC3 Custom session showed me that), so times may be screwy for those of us in the U.S.

Thrawn183
2010-11-06, 08:07 PM
Is there a way to see the comments of observers in a replay? Sometimes I feel like I'm playing, but somehow missing out on all of the action.

arguskos
2010-11-07, 02:16 AM
Is there a way to see the comments of observers in a replay? Sometimes I feel like I'm playing, but somehow missing out on all of the action.
No, unless you get it from the observers. :smallwink:

Also, I still loved the Mothership/Carrier strat.

Winterwind
2010-11-12, 06:17 AM
So, reminder: Tomorrow is our next session. I hope to see you all there. :smallsmile:

Forbiddenwar
2010-11-12, 01:27 PM
With the dissolution of the SC Brood War group, are we thinking new time/day? Saturdays, 5:00PM EST just isn't easy for me. Of course if it is still the best day/time for everyone else, keep it there.

Winterwind
2010-11-13, 08:34 AM
I'm doubtful the BW group's dissolution will change anything about this group's meeting times - I mean, they were at the same time, so if anything, it made Saturdays even more convenient for the people who used to attend both (and most members of this group weren't in the BW group in the first place, so aren't influenced by it being no more in the slightest).

Cynan Machae
2010-11-13, 08:53 AM
Won't be able to attend tonight :smallfrown: ; smash tourney

And yea I don't think the sc:bw group session affected anything for Sc2. More than anything SC2 session time was kinda responsible for BW dying

Winterwind
2010-11-13, 04:56 PM
Won't be able to attend tonight :smallfrown: ; smash tourneyUnfortunately, me neither, due to me rather spontaneously switching my next visit at my parents from next week to this one (which, on the plus side, means I should quite assuredly be able to attend next week again). Sorry for the short notice.

And yea I don't think the sc:bw group session affected anything for Sc2. More than anything SC2 session time was kinda responsible for BW dyingAye, I believe so as well.

Though I'd just like to emphasize once more that I view this more as the Brood War group taking a break - I could easily see it being revived in a year or so. A restart might bring in some fresh blood, too.

Thrawn183
2010-11-13, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the games everybody.

Kizara
2010-11-13, 11:12 PM
I'm StarMoon.676 and I don't know how often I can show up, as I often have a SC RP I do at around that time.

I play Terran at a low diamond level.

Winterwind
2010-11-19, 01:59 PM
Reminder: Tomorrow is our next session.

Should finally make it to it again, too. Hope to see you all there. :smallsmile:

arguskos
2010-11-19, 02:01 PM
Reminder: Tomorrow is our next session.

Should finally make it to it again, too. Hope to see you all there. :smallsmile:
I should be there at least a bit. Note that my name has changed to "TBCarguskos", just so you don't go "who the hell is that guy?"

Nathan W
2010-11-19, 02:57 PM
Player.231
How dos this work? We form a party or...

Cynan Machae
2010-11-20, 04:37 PM
Just log on and you should be added to the group chat, if not, just message someone online and ask to be invited

Nathan W
2010-11-20, 06:30 PM
This thread is for the organization of a GitP group for SCII multiplayer. I thought there would be more 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and free for all, and less 1v1:smallfrown:

Winterwind
2010-11-20, 06:53 PM
I thought there would be more 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and free for all, and less 1v1:smallfrown:You might note that, whenever you asked, the next game ended up being a 2v2 or 3v3 immediately. :smallwink:

We just do whatever we want to do at the time. If there's somebody who wants to play a 2v2 or 3v3, just suggest so, and if there are enough people who want to play (which is pretty much always the case), it will end up being played. I don't see what the problem is. :smallcool:

(Though I should add that, if you want to improve, I think 1v1s are much better suited for that)

Cynan Machae
2010-11-20, 07:11 PM
Yea, and there usually are more t han 1 game going at a time, but a lot of people like observing as well so if nobody ask to play either it ends up everyone obsing one 1v1 :P

WarNiX
2010-11-21, 03:00 PM
It was a lot of fun yesterday and it was nice to find the time again to join you. Also, before I forget it again, my NA-Server ID is WarNiX.589.

arguskos
2010-11-21, 05:11 PM
For eRiKu: bam! (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=149170) I remembered that Phoenix/DT build of yours, and I'd mentioned a TL thread about it, so there you go.

Also, Rigel, if you'd be so kind as to change my B.Net name to "TBCarguskos", I'd appreciate it.

Rigel Cyrosea
2010-11-21, 06:19 PM
For eRiKu: bam! (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=149170) I remembered that Phoenix/DT build of yours, and I'd mentioned a TL thread about it, so there you go.

Also, Rigel, if you'd be so kind as to change my B.Net name to "TBCarguskos", I'd appreciate it.

Done. Does the identifier stay the same when you change your name?