PDA

View Full Version : Critque my build! (pathfinder sorcerer)

ShadowsGrnEyes
2010-07-29, 03:38 PM
OKay. I have attempted to make an unusual build out of a Pathfinder Sorcerer and I thought I'd see what you all thought of my choices.

BASE CLASS: Pathfinder Sorcerer (with battle sorcerer variant)

Stats
Str: 18
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Int: 12
Wis: 7
Cha: 18

Bloodline: Draconic (Gm modified for World flavor to be Abyssal/draconic)

Bloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell with the fire descriptor that spell deals +1 point of damage per die rolled.

Bloodline Powers: While some would say that you are possessed, you know better. The demonic influence in your blood grows as you gain power.

Claws (Ex): Starting at 1st level, you can grow claws as a free action. These claws are treated as natural weapons, allowing you to make two claw attacks as a full attack action using your full base attack bonus. Each of these attacks deals 1d4 points of damage plus your Strength modifier (1d3 if you are Small). At 5th level, these claws are considered magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming DR. At 7th level, the damage increases by one step to 1d6 points of damage (1d4 if you are Small). At 11th level, these claws deal an additional 1d6 points of damage of your energy type on a successful hit. This is a supernatural ability. You can use your claws for a number of rounds per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Demon Resistances (Ex): At 3rd level, you gain resist 5 against Fire and a +1 natural armor bonus. At 9th level, your Fire resistance increases to 10 and natural armor bonus increases to +2. At 15th level, your natural armor bonus increases to +4.

Strength of the Abyss (Ex): At 9th level, you gain a +2 inherent bonus to your Strength. This bonus increases to +4 at 13th level, and to +6 at 17th level.

Wings (Su): At 15th level, leathery demon wings grow from your back as a standard action, giving you a f ly speed of 60 feet with average maneuverability. You can dismiss the wings as a free action.

Demonic Might (Su): At 20th level, the power of the Abyss f lows through you. You gain immunity to electricity and poison. You also gain resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10, and gain telepathy with a range of 60 feet (allowing you to communicate with any creature that can
speak a language).

FEATS:
Bonus feats granted by bloodline: Tougness, Quicken Spell, Great Fortitude
1. Extend Spell
3. Versatile Spell caster
5. Retributive Spell
7. Arcane strike(complete warrior)
9. Leadership
11. Arcane Toughness
13. Extra Spell (Divine Power)
15. Critical Focus
17. Bleeding Critical
19. Extra Spell (Greater Arcane Fusion)

Spell Selections:

listed bonus spells are granted by the bloodline
Bonus Spells: mage armor (3rd), resist energy (5th), f ly (7th), fear (9th), spell resistance (11th), form of the dragon I (13th), form of the dragon II (15th), form of the dragon III (17th), wish (19th).

Prestidigitation: Performs minor tricks.
Mage Hand: 5-pound telekinesis.
Ghost Sound: Figment sounds.
Read Magic: Read scrolls and spell-books.
Detect Magic: Detects all spells and magic items within 60 ft.
Silent Portal: Negates sound from door or window.
Arcane Mark: Inscribes a personal rune on an object or creature (visible or invisible).

Mage Armor: Gives subject +4 armor bonus.
Shield: Invisible disc gives +4 to AC, blocks magic missiles.
True Strike: +20 on your next attack roll.
Magic Missile: 1d4+1 damage; +1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5).
Orb of Fire, Lesser: Ranged touch attack deals 1d8 fire damage + 1d8/2 levels beyond 1st
(max 5d8)

Steal Size: Humanoid creature doubles in size as targeted humanoid halves in size.
Bull’s Strength: Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./level.
Eagle’s Splendor: Subject gains +4 to Cha for 1 min./level.
Heroics: Fighter gains one fighter bonus feat.
Resist Energy: Ignores first 10 (or more) points of damage per attack from specified energy type.

Fireball: 1d6 damage per level, 20-ft. radius.
Displacement: Attacks miss subject 50% of the time.
Keen Edge: Doubles normal weapon’s threat range.
Suggestion: Compels a subject to follow stated course of action. (replace Displacement when gain Greater Invisibility)
Fly: Subject f lies at speed of 60 ft.

Fire Shield: Creatures attacking you take fire damage; you’re protected from heat or cold.
Stoneskin: Grants DR 10/adamantine.
Invisibility, Greater: As invisibility, but subject can attack and stay invisible.
Divine Power: You gain attack bonuses and 1 hp/level (extra Spell)
Fear: Subjects within cone flee for 1 round/level.

Arcane Fusion: Cast any one 4th level or lower spell and any one 1st level spell simultaneously without expending additional spell slots. (Complete Mage)
Dominate Person: Controls humanoid telepathically.
Telekinesis: Moves object, attacks creature, or hurls object or creature.
Spell Resistance: Subject gains SR 12 + level.

Contingency: Sets trigger condition for another spell.
Disintegrate: Reduces one creature or object to dust.
Form of the Dragon I: Turns you into a Medium dragon.

Finger of Death: Deals 10 damage/level to one subject.
Arcane Spell surge: reduces the casting time of arcane spells. (Dragon magic)
Form of the Dragon II: Turns you into a Large dragon.

Charm Monster, Mass: As charm monster, but all within 30 ft.
Polymorph Any Object: Changes a subject into anything else.
Greater Arcane Fusion: Cast any one 7th level or lower spell and any one 4th level or lower spell simultaneously. (extra spell)
Form of the Dragon III: Turns you into a Huge dragon.

Dominate Monster: As dominate person, but any creature.
Time Stop: You act freely for 1d4+1 rounds.
Wish: As limited wish, but with fewer limits.

Character Concept: Mystically created demon spawn with intentions toward eventual world domination via military conquest.

Books I had access to:
Pathfinder Core
Complete Warrior
PH2
Complete mage
Dragon magic
Spell Compendium
Complete Adventurer
Complete Arcane
Unearthed Arcana

i might be forgetting one here. . .

soo. . . Opinions?

Prodan
2010-07-29, 03:39 PM
Ditch Stoneskin, grab Greater Mirror Image.

ShadowsGrnEyes
2010-07-29, 03:43 PM
Ditch Stoneskin, grab Greater Mirror Image.

What book is Greater Mirror image in. . . i dont think i saw it?

Tinydwarfman
2010-07-29, 03:44 PM
You are going into Dragon Disciple as soon as possible right? GMI is in the spell compendium.

Zaydos
2010-07-29, 04:08 PM
Greater Mirror Image is in PHB II.

ShadowsGrnEyes
2010-07-29, 04:14 PM
You are going into Dragon Disciple as soon as possible right? GMI is in the spell compendium.

No actually I'm not going into Dragon Disciple. . . weird quirk of the game this will be in, Straight class only. . . must use a base class 1 to 20.

Edit: also, i like 9th level spells and due to the GM's alterations of the bloodline its no longer appropriate so probably wouldnt use it even if i could

Toliudar
2010-07-29, 04:17 PM
Spell swaps I'd make in order to increase your versatility:

Level 1:
Ditch Mage armour as you go up in levels to get Protection from X. The ability to ignore mind-altering effects and summoned monsters is pretty great.

Level 2:
Swap out Eagle's Splendour for a frequently-used utility spell (detect thoughts, glitterdust, false life, rope trick, etc)

Level 3:
Swap out Keen Edge (doesn't work on your claws) for Dispel Magic

Level 4:
Swap out fire shield (I get that you're going for a fire theme, but...) for Dimension Door, Enervation, Black tentacles, Shadow Conjuration...something you'll use, and enjoy using.

Level 5:
Swap out Dominate Person (or swap it out later, when you get Dominate Monster) for Wall of Force, Wall of Stone, or Telepathic Bond (to keep in touch with your generals).
Swapping out Arcane Fusion gets you Eyes of the Dragon (I think that's the name), which is a long-term buff that helps you through the absence of a number of other divinations, being a sort of poor-man's true seeing.

Level 7:
Ditch Finger of death (you have disintegrate) for greater teleport
Ditch Form of the dragon 2 (you have 1 & 3) for Limited Wish

ShadowsGrnEyes
2010-07-29, 04:30 PM
Spell swaps I'd make in order to increase your versatility:

Level 1:
Ditch Mage armour as you go up in levels to get Protection from X. The ability to ignore mind-altering effects and summoned monsters is pretty great.

Level 2:
Swap out Eagle's Splendour for a frequently-used utility spell (detect thoughts, glitterdust, false life, rope trick, etc)

Level 3:
Swap out Keen Edge (doesn't work on your claws) for Dispel Magic

Level 4:
Swap out fire shield (I get that you're going for a fire theme, but...) for Dimension Door, Enervation, Black tentacles, Shadow Conjuration...something you'll use, and enjoy using.

Level 5:
Swap out Dominate Person (or swap it out later, when you get Dominate Monster) for Wall of Force, Wall of Stone, or Telepathic Bond (to keep in touch with your generals).
Swapping out Arcane Fusion gets you Eyes of the Dragon (I think that's the name), which is a long-term buff that helps you through the absence of a number of other divinations, being a sort of poor-man's true seeing.

Level 7:
Ditch Finger of death (you have disintegrate) for greater teleport
Ditch Form of the dragon 2 (you have 1 & 3) for Limited Wish

Level 1: Cant ditch mage armor its granted by the bloodline therefore not replaceable

level 2: probably a good idea

level 3: i wont always use the claws (limited duration), the character will actually have a Scimitar as their primary weapon.

level 4: probably a good idea. i'll look around

level 5: i get swaping out dominate person when i'm higher level. . . but why on earth would i swap out arcane fusion for somthing like true seeing when i can buy a magic item for that and arcane fusion would let me cast 2 spells at once? (unless you meant once i get greater arcane fusion)

level 7: might swap finger of death out for somthing else.
Cant swap form of the dragon out (thats another bonus spell granted by the bloodline, non-swapable.)