PDA

View Full Version : Archivist / Spelldancer / Anyspell

aeauseth
2010-07-29, 04:46 PM
So I was looking over the Colossus of War (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22080093/The_Colossus_of_War?pg=1) build and I don't understand how he qualifies for Spelldancer.

A preqreq is the ability to cast 3rd level Arcane spells. I've never played an Archivist, but it appears all his spells are Divine, thus can't meet the Spelldancer prereq.

I think he is using AnySpell to qualify as Arcane. I just don't think it works that way. The spell is using a divine spell slot, there is no spell failure. Similar to the Divine Magician ACF. Am I missing something here?

SIDE NOTE: I am excited that I might be able to rework a DMM Cleric/Warlock/EldritchDisciple with a level or two of Spelldancer. At least one of the Warlock invocations should qualify as a 3rd level arcane spell.

EDIT: Nevermind, a warlock cannot qualify for prestige classes with spellcasting level requirements. :smallfrown:

CyMage
2010-07-29, 10:31 PM
Are you sure you're looking at the Spelldancer in Magic of Faerun? Because the spellcasting requirement is 'Able to cast 3rd level spell'. Arcane or Divine.

x0kamikaze0x
2010-08-16, 09:30 PM
I'm having a question about a similar problem. I as well have a custom build
3/cleric, 1/warlock, 10/ eldrith disciple, and 6/ mystic theurge.

Now here is the problem. The prereq for mystic theurge states you have to be able to cast 2nd lvl devine and arcane spells.

My question is would "AnySpell" and have it as like knock or something meet that arcane requierment for mystic theurge.

aeauseth
2010-08-17, 05:42 PM
First off CyMage is correct about the prereq for SpellDancer (I was referecing HeroForge, which is wrong).

As I understand it "AnySpell" uses a divine (domain) slot, and technically is divine, not arcane. So the you can't qualify for Mystic Thurge.

I think the same holds true for "Divine Magician" ACF. I am not aware of any ability, feat, or rule-bending that gets you "able to cast 2nd level arcane spells".

You might try to get your DM to change the prereq of Mystic Thurge to caster level equivalanet or allow one of your 2nd level invocations to qualify. Technically a warlock is an arcane caster, but the DMG was written before Warlocks existed, so an exception/modification to the PrC isn't completely absurd.