PDA

View Full Version : To boldly go where no maid has gone before! MTTaS

Shades of Gray
2010-07-29, 05:02 PM
You stand on the bridge of an All-purpose Space Ship, being briefed on your next mission by your commander. All around you shiny gizmos and buttons beep and whir. The commander stands in front of a projector screen, currently displaying the IRS' logo. Commander Tanigawa is a beautiful woman, wearing a navy blue uniform and cap. Long pink hair is pulled into a ponytail.

"Alright everybody, I see both old faces and some new ones. Your first mission will be to travel to this planet." She presses a button on a remote control; the screen changes to a shot of a greenish yellow planet. "The foliage will provide cover while you look around for the hideouts of these two less-than-gentlemen." She presses the button again, and an image of two men appears on the screen. They both have blond hair and would be identical, if it were not for the fact that one clearly worked out more than the other, being muscled rather than skinny. "These are Sato Kyo and Sato Kyou." She coughs. "That was not a mistake, they just have very confusing names. Regardless, the two are wanted for theft and murder, and are considered highly dangerous; do not engage. We believe that they are hiding out in one of the many caves on the planet. Once you have found them send a radio transmission back to the ship so we can contain them. Is that all understood?" She asks, raising an eyebrow at the lower-ranking individuals arranged before her.

Verlaufen
2010-07-29, 05:17 PM
Kari Passerine

Kari nods her head, almost enough to bang it on the table. Mmhmm. She smiles in affirmation, and the antennae at the top of the little girl's black hair tweaks as if it had a mind of its own. Her wings born of SCIENCE! are currently not displayed.

"So, KyouKyo Sato are secretive? Then how do we know what cave they're in?" Kari tilts her head slightly to one side. "We could look in calcite covered caves for a Kalpa and still not cover every cave on a rock planet."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-07-29, 05:54 PM
"Brandi"

At least one of the Agents stands at almost rigid attention, though it's difficult to tell if this is on purpose or not. The android agent wears a navy uniform with short cut vermilion hair that doesn't get in the way of her metallic eyes. She's a bit on the short side, almost looking like a pre-teen if it wasn't for her...developed figure that her modest uniform tries to downplay.

"Is there any dangerous fauna or foliage that we should take note of, Brandi asks in a concerned voice." comes the flat and calm voice, like the sort of emotionless tone one would expect to hear coming from a machine operator at a call center, "And I assume that we are to run if confronted by Kyo or Kyou, Brandi says with quiet confidence in her answer."

Head swiveling about, the battle ready android looks at the other agents, appraising them with numerous sensors to try and determine battle readiness.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-29, 07:12 PM
Commander Tanigawa

Tanigawa nods, a smile on her face. "Very good questions you two." She takes a small device with an antenna from a table next to her. "The planet is low tech, and the natives keep mostly to themselves. You should have no difficulty in tracking down any electrical or radio signals."

She then turns to face Brandi, feeling an unexplainable urge to cross her arms over her own chest. "The planet is underdeveloped, Unlike the robot in front of her. "and we have little information about it. From our first scans, no. There are no dangerous foliage. As for fauna, the natives will stay away from you, but they seem to be attracted to light. So you can avoid them by traveling by day, and sleeping at night."

nothingclever
2010-07-29, 08:20 PM
Brunhild likewise stood straight at attention next to Brandi trying to mimic her seriousness. The princess wore an all white version of the standard issue uniform which was in pristine condition and had her hair combed back as usual. She didn't really know what to ask so she decided to remain silent.

Verlaufen
2010-07-29, 08:37 PM
Kari Passerine

Attracted to light? well then in that case, shouldn't the radio signals from KyouKyo Sato b- oh, you meant visible light..." Kari's smile fades slightly (and only slightly) as she realizes her idea doesn't work. On the plus side, though, she might soon grow to love her name for the scientists.

"So we drop on to the planet. Rocky, I suppose, and a few times bigger than earth? I can't remember any details from a briefing about that. Regardless, we drop down, find EMS signals, confirm them, report back, and a second drop team apprehends them?" She laughs a bit, somewhere between a mad scientist's laugh and a little girl's giggle. "Then, this shouldn't be too hard."

Gray Mage
2010-07-30, 11:07 AM
Meredith

Meredith stood in a more relaxed stance, her blue uniform tidy, but not impecable. She adjusted her glasses while asking:"What should we do if flee before we find them?"

smuchmuch
2010-07-30, 04:09 PM
Next to Meredith, stand a girl half human, half feline and half asleep, wich is as biologicaly improbable as it is mathematicaly wrong but, hey, you wanna make something out of it ?
Yeah didn't thougth so.

A vague twitch and a scratch of an ear indicate that she just forced herself to attention. For now, she doesn't have anything to say. From what she understand of this boring brifeing, the 'mission' is going to consist in finding two men hidden in a cave by having other people looking at instument and then give a phone call.
ITalk about excitement.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-30, 04:09 PM
Tanigawa

Tanigawa looks at Kari with a smile. "You are correct, Kari. It's a foolproof plan, we hope." She squints a bit as she looks at all the agents. "As for if they flee... Your mission will last a week. After that, if you have no luck, we will simply move on to another planet, we have our espionage division on it."

(+1d6 favor to someone who can come up with a good acronym for the espionage division OOC.)

Verlaufen
2010-07-30, 04:22 PM
Kari Passerine

Kari looks around the table, noticing in particular a catgirl (perhaps the work of SCIENCE? She hoped so.), and once more taking mental note of the robot. I'm sure she's nothing like that other one...

Her quick survey of the table brings her back to the commander. Kari returns the commander's smile with one of her own. "So, Miss Tanigawa, when do we get to leave? A minute, an hour, a day?"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-30, 05:03 PM
A small girl looks up from a computer and rises, bowing to Tanigawa. Her freckles make her look a lot younger than she probably is. Her brown eyes are soulful and sad and her hair is cut in a short, military style. She's in full uniform. A serial number is prominently branded on her neck, marking her as a slave of the government. Her mouth is concealed by a black silk scarf, which she speaks through.

Understood Commander. Nora will travel with the others to the ugly yellow planet. She will try her best to sniff out the criminal scum. She won't bite them. If she can't find them, then we will be S.O.L. I mean- she'll let S.O.L* take over. She then looks at the ground, standing listlessly.

*S.O.L - Special Observation Legion

Callos_DeTerran
2010-07-30, 07:02 PM
Brandi

Brandi notes her commander's odd behavior, scrolling through various responses to the situation that would diffuse possible attention with the superior at a later time.

"*Click**Click**Click*...Commander Tanigawa, I wish to reassure you that I was not staring at your chest. Brandi says a bit sheepishly." Yeah, right. Her stare was just as flat as ever and it didn't waver from the commander either. "I am merely checking for combat preparedness....You did quite well. Brandi says, hoping to diffuse the tension."

Then the...'over-developed' android stops, more then a couple sentences after she should have, hoping against hope that Tanigawa accepted her innocent explanation for her unblinking stare. And that the commander would become distracted enough that she could filch the shiny looking pen she had spied on the ground. It caught the light so wonderfully. She just had to grab it!

I fear my manner programs are not up-to-date.

Finally her attention turns to Brunhild, the white (and she wore so much white) princess' imitation earning a perplexed look from Brandi. Was she...being imitated?

"Do we know what Kyo/Kyou have done to fortify themselves? Brandi asks to avoid unpleasant thoughts." she says blatantly, casting another glance at Brunhild.

Luck (To keep from ticking off the commander): [roll0]

Shades of Gray
2010-07-30, 07:12 PM
Tanigawa

The commander looks at Kari. "After the briefing you will be sent down to the planet. Unfortunately, because of safety concerns, we only allow six people to go down in the pod." She raises an eyebrow at Brandi as she steps on the pen to ensure that the robot would not pick it up. "We do not have a clue what sort of defenses they may have made, but your sensors should give you a general idea. Now, for the business of the pods, thankfully you do not need to breathe. We can stick you on the outside of the pod." She says with somewhat of a cruel smile. "It should not get too hot. Now, are there any more questions, concerns, or comments before we begin?"

Verlaufen
2010-07-30, 08:50 PM
Kari nods her head, the antennae of her hair surprisingly not being thrown out of place. "Nope, no questions."

"Actually... I don't know who everyone here is. I'd like to have a nice understanding of everyone with whom I'm working. I'm Kari Passerine, and I've only been with the agency for a little bit, after a biological experiment. She shifts from being professional to childish once more. "I hope working with all of you will be fun," she says with a laugh and a smile.

Gray Mage
2010-07-30, 08:52 PM
Meredith

"I'm Meredith, by the way, I'm also recently employed by the agency, being in need to pay some debts."States her as she is adjusting a nearby vase so that it is place exactly in the middle of it's stand.The mention of the debts doesn't take her smile of her face, as if she's used to that idea.

Silver Coin
2010-07-30, 08:56 PM
"Yes. Who's going down in the pods?"

Alicia had been quietly observing at the side. She was new here and this job hadn't really seemed like what she expected. Still, it could be worse. Uncertain about the dangers of the mission, yet curious as to what could happen, she spoke up, not really sure whether she was hoping to go or not.

Taking a quick count of the ones around, she suddenly realised that with Brandi on the outside, there would be enough space. Still, it seemed kind of cruel. Oh well, I guess I'll pass up this mission if I have to. It's better than sticking someone on the outside of the pod during re-entry.On the other hand...there would probably be enough space. She was joking right?

EvilRoeSlade
2010-07-30, 09:00 PM
Nora gives Kari a shy glance. Nora is... me. I belong to the government. I will do as I'm told and be a good girl and help out however I can.

smuchmuch
2010-07-30, 09:25 PM
"Good ! what are we waitin for then ?!" Mina shake herself shwoing just how much pins and needles she has in her legs. Obviously she's just itching for somme action, even if it's somme borring stalking. "If it's just finding a couple of guys with somme high ech equipement, I have no idea what use I'll be there though."

Verlaufen
2010-07-30, 09:46 PM
Kari Passerine

Kari just smiles and nods as the group introduce themselves, keeping her questions about backgrounds to herself. Servitude? Debt? I guess we all have a past... doesn't mean they're not good people!

"I've got plenty of experience with machines of most uses. This is really only one step harder than using an RFID. I'm sure there will be a use for all of us, though!"

Silver Coin
2010-07-30, 10:17 PM
Alicia listened carefully to what the others have to say, but it wasn't all that informative. Well, my turn I suppose

"Hi, everyone, my name is Alicia. I'm here to look for someone. In the meantime, I'm just here for the ride. I'm not that good with machines. You see, I don't really come from a very high tech society, so I guess I'll just be tagging along as an observer."

Shades of Gray
2010-07-31, 05:05 PM
Tanigawa

The Commander turns off the projector screen and picks up the pen underneath her boot, tucking it away into the pocket of her shirt."Yes, yes, you will all have plenty of time to get acquainted on the trip down. But right now we're wasting engine fuel. Everybody, dismissed." Tanigawa salutes to them as she walks away, muttering something about hiring standards.

The agents should all know that the pods are down the closest hallway and to the left. Their orders are to get their butts down to the planet and go find the criminals. Time to go!

Callos_DeTerran
2010-07-31, 05:42 PM
Brandi

The petite android girl salutes crisply, wisely keeping her mouth shut for now, and turns on a pin to leave the briefing room and go in search of the shuttle for the ride down. Part of her dreaded to find out if the Commander had been serious about riding on the outside of the shuttle...the part was dreadfully confused about what she had done to offend the woman in the first place.

"I'm worried she may have been serious, Brandi says off-hand to the pale girl." comes the soft whisper to Brunhilde as the android marched off towards the shuttle.

nothingclever
2010-07-31, 05:45 PM
Brunhild returned her commander's salute and followed Brandi to the specified area. As she did so she sped up a bit to walk side by side with the anxious robot and then matched her pace. "I don't really know anything about her but I don't think she's a bad person. Even if she is there are probably rules against treating sentient beings in such a way, artificial or not. I'd volunteer to take your place just in case but I don't think that would work out very well." She desperately hoped everything would go as smoothly as their superior said it would. Her rookie status made completing a mission plenty satisfying enough to not need any surprises during it. Having one of her fellow agents subjected to atmospheric reentry didn't sound like a good start.

Verlaufen
2010-07-31, 09:30 PM
Kari Passerine

Kari walks briskly towards the pod, though in no way in a business like manner. She thinks of asking one of the interesting people on the ship, like the cat girl, what exactly she was, but figured the only possible way for that would be through the use of science, of course! She instead just walks, not thinking of anything about which to strike up conversation.

Silver Coin
2010-07-31, 09:39 PM
Alicia went to her room, grabbed her backpack, and on second thoughts, her Starstreak Missile System and 4 rounds of munitions as well, before walked briskly back down the corridor. Well, time to go. Business calls.

Verlaufen
2010-07-31, 09:44 PM
Kari Passerine

Kari looks over at Alicia with a slight bit of suspicion. whether the subject was good or bad, talking was talking. She taps Alicia on the shoulder, a hard task for someone of her stature. "Excuse me, why do you have those missiles?"

Gray Mage
2010-07-31, 09:49 PM
Meredith will leisurely walk towards the pods, only stopping to get her katana and to even a tilted painting. When she arrives she'll stare at the pods and say to the other agents."So, who'll be piloting the pod?"

Edit OOC: Sorry, kind of went witrhy the title

Shades of Gray
2010-07-31, 09:55 PM
((Psst! They aren't maids!))

Silver Coin
2010-07-31, 10:09 PM
Alicia turned around and tilted her head a little, considering how she answer the question. Not many people have actually asked her that before. They tend to try and scurry away inconspicuously.

"Self defence I suppose. It never hurts to bring more gear. Weapons are weapons."

Verlaufen
2010-07-31, 10:18 PM
Kari Passerine

Kari smiles, her neck still at an uncomfortable angle to be looking at the taller woman, increased by her close distance to the weapon-bound maiden. "Well, I guess that's one way to look at it. I just hope we don't have to use them."

She turns to address Meredith, assuming the reason for bringing the sword was the same as Alicia's. "I can pilot. I think. The mechanics shouldn't be too hard."

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-01, 01:23 AM
Nora cheerily takes Brandi's hand. You don't have a thing to worry about! I will make sure you're strapped nice and tight! You'll almost certainly remain intact even at sub-light velocities, ma'am!

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-01, 01:44 AM
The android gives a small smile at the re-assuring words, but stiffens at Brunhilde's suggestion.

"I do not believe that you would survive re-entry, Brandi says with some concern for [Pale Agent]'s well-being." the android says softly, even as Nora takes one of her hands. "I only suspect that Commander Tanigawa knows aspects of my design that would suggest to her that Ican, she says hopefully."

Then she gives Nora's hand a gentle squeeze, giving the other agent a calm and inscrutable look.

"Thank you both, she says, expressing heart-felt gratitude."

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-01, 05:15 PM
Then just leave everything to Nora!

She bounces away towards a supply closet and returns carrying manacles, a blow torch, duct tape, and chewing a mouthful of bubblegum, which she spits out in a pink wad on top of the pile. Even with this armload she still manages to grab Brandi's hand, guiding her to the pod so she can set to work.

smuchmuch
2010-08-01, 05:30 PM
Mina reaches for a strangely oblong quiver stappled in her back and get out a canne before following the others. Despite her impatience, she lets the other agents lead the way to the podbay. Not so much out of choice or politeness that the fact whoever desined this ship hadn't the good idea to let direction pannels in braille. And while her eyes can still make somme vague outlines of her environement, blurry darkish blobs in an almost endless sea of white, pretty much everything else is lost to her, let alone reading. But thankfully hearing work more than fine (even if currently the constant backgound of engines is driving her nuts). And then, there is the odors.

So strong, so omnipresent they go beyond smelling and overwhelms the other senses. Here, a small expanding brown cloud where someone, male, mid thirty, doesnt bath often, this morning ago lighted a cigarette, breaking hald a dozen regulation about fire and the preservation of oxygen in the process, and a the impression of fear, embarasement and anger as he was caught and got thouroughly chewed out. Here the vague trail of two people walking in a hurry not so long ago, their concern is still plapable. All around, plenty of crossed trails, testimony of all the dozens of people who steps regulary through this corridor, all with their stories still lingering, way after they are themselves gone. Yet...
Let me tell you, I would still enjoy it all the same with a good pair of eyes. I'd sell my own father's pelt, may the old bastard rest in peace, I miss him sometime, to get them back"

Thankfully the members of the oddball crew she's supposed to be working with are so distinctive she could follow them even with her head stuck in an insulated compost bin. Currently darkBlue, the robot with slight static in her voice and an annoying way to speak, is about for a wild ride. Wich is worrying Blue, the obviously meek one, LightPink, who smell like a... bird ? and sounds like a complete nerd, and Indigo who smell actuallyoddly normal but sounds almost as grating as DarkBlue.
Honestly who the hell constantly refers to themselves in the third person ?!.
Well at least if the conversation is any indication, they sound pretty kind. Probaly horrible squishy wusses the lot of them, and certainly not what you'd expect of galactic peacekeeping agents, but nice people. Beats working with crazy sociopaths, I suppose. Hey who knows what surprises Orange or Teal have in store for us Personaly I'd be more worried about Red, but she saw the straw in the eyes of the neighbour..., that kind of thing...

On those reflections, Mina finaly reaches the pod. She whistles to get the attention of the people gathered around the robot, particulary Nora who seems a little to overeager to help, while pointing at the shuttle.
"I'd hate to spoil anyone fun but tinc...Brandi just told you she'd be fine. I'm prety sure she know better so let's just go already, shall we ?"

Verlaufen
2010-08-01, 05:43 PM
Kari

"Agreed," Kari concurs, looking over the control panel of the pod to see how it would work. "This shouldn't be too hard..."

Shades of Gray
2010-08-02, 12:14 PM
The pod is sleek, white, and round. It has a large hatch to enter it, and five circular pads are arranged at the edges of the interior; it looks like the ride will be pretty cramp. The bottom and top of the pod can be made transparent for observation. In the middle is a set of crude controls in case the autopilot malfunctions. The pod has little in terms of propulsion, and its landing gear consists of three legs that emerge from the bottom.

Embark immediately. Time is of the essence. A robotic voice says, coming from the pod.

Verlaufen
2010-08-02, 12:18 PM
Kari

Kari nods. Understood, she says in a much cheerier voice than the pod, and searches quickly for an "embark" or "start" button on the crude control panel. if no such thing exists, she just tells the pod to take off on its own.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-02, 12:24 PM
Uh-oh! We're going to have to forgo proper safety precautions! She tosses her dubious supplies on the floor and scurries into the pod like a rat. Settling into one of the chairs, she puts her feet on the dashboard and begins punching in commands. Computer. Plot a course to that ugly yellow planet.

Then she unfolds a palm-held computer and begins using that. I'll start working on the request forms for replacement android limbs and/or heads. And possibly a replacement android. She shouts out of the pod. Should your glorious sacrifice be required, do you want your old model or would you like to upgrade to the x-256? It's got blond hair!

Gray Mage
2010-08-02, 12:26 PM
Meredith

Meredith will follow Kari, "Our first mission, how exciting." as she takes her place in the pod.

nothingclever
2010-08-02, 06:13 PM
When Brunhild reaches the pod and sees how small it is she gives Brandi a disheartened look. "I'm sorry, I guess you really will be riding on the outside. I hope your suspicion is correct and Tanigawa knows what she's doing," says the princess gloomily. Afterwards she slowly enters and takes a seat in the vehicle to further show that she's not eager to leave her to the commander's methods.

smuchmuch
2010-08-03, 01:49 PM
Mina (4 0/20)

"Sheesh. Of course she does."
Probably. With just a bit of bumping and poking around, mina takes a place in the pod.

"Only one way to find out. Just fire the damn pod already! "
Mina may appears heartless but she's not. She will help gather the pieces if the commander was wrong. What do you mean it won't make much difference for Brandi ?

Shades of Gray
2010-08-03, 02:28 PM
((Assuming that Alicia boards the pod here, speeding things up))

The pod begins to shake, and several of the buttons light up as the pod-bay opens up and the shuttle begins to hurdle towards the greenish planet. The ride is a bit shaky, but nothing unbearable. The planet has little in the way of atmosphere, so entering the planet is not that unpleasant (Brandi should only feel a little warm, like a very sunny summer's day)

Five little masks fall down from the ceiling, landing on each agents' lap. They will allow for proper breathing as well as speaking. Of course, the android does not need one.

The pod door opens, revealing the planet to be covered in dense jungle. The plants are huge, easily dwarfing anything on planet Earth. The temperature is pretty warm, but not humid or wet like a rainforest on Earth. The sky is a light greenish yellow hue.

smuchmuch
2010-08-04, 07:29 AM
Mina puts her mask quicly and stretches quite hapily. When the pods door open she get out in one small leap. And fall over becasue she landed on a small natural ditch she couldn't saw but that doesn't seem to bother her too much, she's way to happy to be finaly on firm ground without the contant noise and impression of being trapped she had in the spaceship.
"Weee. Out of that flying coffin at least." With a movement she get herself up and move toward the pod with a bit of stumbling around to free the android strapped on the side. "So what do we do next ?"

Silver Coin
2010-08-04, 08:46 AM
OOC: You may assume so. I was sort of just waiting for something to happen. Also, RL killing brain.

Alicia yawned.

"Well, that was refreshing. Also very interesting. Right. Moving on."

Putting on her gear, she patiently waited for the rest of the team, while calibrating her weapon for the local atmospheric density and gravity. Boredom.

Gray Mage
2010-08-04, 12:39 PM
Meredith will step out of the pod and, seeing how disorganized everything was, will almost panic and will begin to tidy up the scene until the others are ready to go.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-04, 12:45 PM
Nora steps out next. She takes off her scarf and then turns around as she attaches her mask, obviously not wanting anyone to see her mouth.

Then she hunches down, looking around. The nose knows!

smuchmuch
2010-08-04, 12:55 PM
"That's not a bad idea" Mina raise her own nose in the air "I haven't had the occasion to get a whif of them already but if there's somethging odd in the air, that will at least point us in a direction to start."

Skill To help with the scent tracking: [roll0]

Shades of Gray
2010-08-04, 04:42 PM
Nora and Mina will pick up a few foreign scents; scents that clearly do not belong. They are in nearly opposite directions.

((EvilRoe, Smuchmuch, Roll luck please.

Everybody, take actions as you please.))

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-04, 04:45 PM
Nora's head perks up and she points in the direction she senses. This way!

[roll0]

smuchmuch
2010-08-04, 04:48 PM
Mina

Mina points her white canne in the dirrection of the scent she picked. "Something this way if someone want to check it out."

Luck [roll0]

Shades of Gray
2010-08-04, 04:56 PM
Nora and Mina's noses are both led towards the same direction, towards the east; the other scent seems to not be as prominent regardless.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-04, 09:39 PM
Brandi

The buxom android girl picks herself up off the ground from where she had been flung, still glowing here and there with heat as she dusts herself off. Moisture runs down from the corner of her eyes, even as she gazes about for her fellow agents and trudges off after them.

Once she finds Brunhilde, Brandi will calmly hand a roll of duct tape she had filched back to her. "*Click* Ouch, Brandi notes to divulge her great pain."

But the discovery of the trail took priority over such things like 'pain'! And for that Brandi quickly zoned out, rifling piece-meal though her knowledge files, satellite maps, and other things to try and aid the...peculiar search methods of Nora and Mina.

Yaah, team work!

[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2010-08-04, 09:49 PM
Brandi will be able to set Nora and Mina on a slightly more accurate and less convoluted path towards the scent. The agents make their way through the jungle until...

They come to a clearing. Some wreckage is littered about; it seems like some sort of spaceship had crashed here. Electrical equipment sparks and fizzles, left exposed by the impact. The agents catch sight of a humanoid form scurrying out from under the wreckage, glancing curiously at some clothing she had acquired; a labcoat. As the agents approach they can get a better view. The being has Greenish skin and has chitinous plates on her shoulders, legs, and abdomen. It seems to have longer legs than normal, and its head seems elongated. Vicious mandibles come from the bottom of its jaw. It wears crude clothing constructed from leaves and vines. It seems to be one of the locals, it must have come to this clearing because of the ample sunlight, as well as the peculiarity of the crash.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-04, 11:28 PM
Nora scurries ahead of the group, grateful for Brandi's help in forging a clearer trail. She skids to a halt when she arrives at the clearing.

Greetings, she states loud and clear. We are friends. She looks uncertainly over her shoulder. What were our instructions for dealing with these guys again? She glances back at the creature and gives it her best smile.

nothingclever
2010-08-05, 02:29 AM
Brunhild put on her mask and followed the others after examining Brandi and feeling greatly relieved that she was alright. When confronted with the image of this strange creature she instinctively placed herself behind the extremely durable robot and said nothing not wanting to draw its attention.

Verlaufen
2010-08-05, 08:29 PM
Kari Passerine

Before arrival at the crash site: Kari spends a bit of her time ambling about the area, examining the plants. She occasionally makes a comment about the trees or their biology or what the planet's star(s) must be like or the habitable zone or some old organization called SETI. She also uses any radio identification equipment that might have been brought down with them to give un-needed assistance to Brandi.

At the crash site: I really need to study this stuff for the lab back home. Probably KyoKyou's? She'll like move on to study it as soon as the locals are dealt with. She stands next to Nora, looking up at a steep angle. "No, they didn't give us any specific directions." She then looks at the inhabitant they have found. Kari turns on a universal translator, if they have one. Either way, she makes exaggerated use of body language while speaking. "Hello!" she greets, ludly and probably not as delicate as this contact should be handled. "I'm Kari, and my friends and I are looking for some people on this planet." Her smile continues to be omnipresent. "Do you know anything about this machine that fell?"

[roll0] (Sinking 3 favor to change that roll of 1 to a 2, for a total of 8)

OOC: Ocean City is fun. Unfortunately, I didn't get on to the computers very much...

Shades of Gray
2010-08-05, 08:57 PM
The greenish woman appraises Nora and Kari, looking at both of them through her yellow eyes. She slings the labcoat over her shoulder. As the agents get closer they notice more about her physiology. Instead of a nose she simply has two nostrils directly placed on the in the middle of her face. Her fingers are not elongated like her legs or head, but instead has incredibly long nails. She looks between the two agents, before focusing her attention on Kari. The alien woman gets even closer to her, sniffing her. After a few seconds of this, she nods her head.

She does not seem to understand their language, as evidence by the woman immediately hugging Kari and picking her up, holding her in her arms like a baby. It made a few squeaking noises and clicked it's mandibles together, putting the labcoat over Kari like a blanket.

Verlaufen
2010-08-05, 09:59 PM
Kari

As the alien observes her, Kari stands still against her urges, reminding herself that they may very well be intelligent beings without our language... or, you know, dumber than a rock. As the alien picks her up, Kari makes a few sounds of dicomfort, but ultimately doesn't make an effort to resist. She lets out a nervous laugh. "Well, I guess they do have a language, albeit not much better than a dolphin's. This is, err... a bit uncomfortable, at best. Could someone please help me?" She wriggles a bit in the Native's grasp.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-05, 10:02 PM
Brandi

The alien's peculiar mannerism bring a pause to Brandi, who had been subtly powering up her weaponry in case the thing turned out to be hostile.

"This will not do, she says with irritation." Brandi says flatly, stepping out from in front of Brunhilde and waving her arms about to get the things attention. Her connection to the 'net brought up various scenarios of explorers miming ideas and concepts to other wise primitive or ignorant natives, which she begins to stiffly mimic.

Not too well mind you, but well enough that the basic thought could be conveyed.

"Release the Agent before we are forced to take action against you! She says in an exaggerated fashion to try home her point."

Rolling Skill to try and convince the creature that Kari isn't a baby.

Skill: [roll0]

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-05, 10:03 PM
Nora steps over and tilts her head. Umm... no! She shakes a finger up at the alien in a disapproving manner. We don't do that! Instead... she reaches into a pocket and pulls out a partially crushed candy bar. How about some candy? Delicious delicious candy!

[roll0]

Silver Coin
2010-08-06, 01:40 AM
Alicia watched the whole scene with faint amusement. Contacts between cultures were rarely this peaceful. She would know, having lived at the heart of a globe spanning Empire. She quietly shook her head at the sight of the candy. These people had no common sense.

"Look, keep the candy. We have no idea what these guy's physiologies are like. Irony dictates that Sucrose must be a highly toxic substance for them. Just be careful."

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-06, 01:45 AM
Nora bobs her head agreeably. I know, right! Either we slay her with a fatal dose of chocolate, or win her loyalty through sugary goodness! We win either way!

Silver Coin
2010-08-06, 01:53 AM
Alicia flinched at the idea. It was sometime that seemed lacking in morality and kindness. The creature had been friendly up till now. Well...let's see if I can get a reaction.

"And what if it's their idea of Crack and the creautre proceeds to violently attack you, possibly causing a small wound that gets infected by the local fauna, slowly corrupt your flesh and mind, finally turning you into little more than a mindless, malformed Eldritch Abomination that wanders the landscape seeking careless victims?"

smuchmuch
2010-08-06, 01:57 AM
I know, right! Either we slay her with a fatal dose of chocolate, or win her loyalty through sugary goodness! We win either way!

"I love the way you think but if we start a war of somme sort we're probably going to be shouted at"

Mina has been reconstituing the situation in her head from what she hears and find it imensly amusing. (admitedly in her inner version of the scene everyone look parodicaly deformed and acts like clowns). Still she's just standing not to far, waiting to hear how it going to unfold.

"And what if it's their idea of Crack and the creautre proceeds to violently attack you, possibly causing a small wound that gets infected by the local fauna, slowly corrupt your flesh and mind, finally turning you into little more than a mindless, malformed Eldritch Abomination that wanders the landscape seeking careless victims?"

"You have an amazing ability to think of the most ridiculous catastrophe scenarios, you know that ?" And that camme from someone who grew in a place were you could mutate just for sneezing in the wrong place.
Besides don't knock on eldrich abominions. sure they have an apetite for destruiction but who doesn't ? And they make very good clients, much better than most humans at any rate" Sure they are hellbend on eating your mind and soul but at least they are usualy quite civil (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitlewbt6s033?from=Main.DidWeJustHaveTeaWithCthul hu) about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF It doesn't sound like the alien is going to let Passerine go any time soon or coveniently die of sugar poisoning:

"Okay that's enough fun for now. Drop."
Mina trust her cane in the direction of the creature, swinging to hit where the belly would be situated on a normal human. The idea is to stiunn her and make her rop the girlk she's carrying.

In case it's needed Ath [roll0]

nothingclever
2010-08-06, 02:56 AM
Brunhild wasn't too concerned by the creature's appearance despite the fact that it was quite exotic compared to those of her companions because she had met many different alien races before as the heiress to a multidimensional royal family and business. Seeing that it was peaceful, at least for now, put Brunhild largely at ease. She was still in a bit of a panic but only because the other agents seemed to be doing a poor job of solving the problem at hand and she was worried their attempts to do so might actually worsen the situation. She decided to make an effort of her own as a result. Brunhild slowly and cautiously stepped towards the being and gently placed a hand on its arm to get its attention. She then moved closer still and gestured with her arms held wide open to indicate that she wanted to hold the "baby." She stared directly into the creature's eyes while wearing an innocent friendly expression.

Roll (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9089447&postcount=34)

Shades of Gray
2010-08-06, 08:01 AM
The creature looks at the candy with a curious expression, ignoring Brandi entirely. All of a sudden, three long, thin tongues shoot out and snatch up the candy bar like a fly (getting viscous, semi-transparent, green alien spit on her hand). She then tastes it for a bit, before spitting it out onto the ground (By chance it lands on Brandi's foot).

What really gets her to move is Brunhild. Nodding in acknowledgment, the alien happily passes Kari over to the princess. The alien then gestures over to the crash site, holding up the labcoat. It seems to want to show all of these new findings to her new friends.

Brandi: 5 Stress
Nora: 5 Stress
Brunhild: [roll0]

nothingclever
2010-08-06, 11:51 AM
Brunhild held the little girl in the same motherly position as their friend had done and smiled as she looked down at her face clearly a little embarrassed. After a short while she would set her down. For now she thought it best to continue the act. Besides, she enjoyed holding the cute scientist.

Verlaufen
2010-08-06, 03:30 PM
Kari

"Thanks," Kari says sincerely twice to Brunhild, once while being carried and once again when she was dropped to the ground. "Ooh! It looks like it's also interested in the crash site. An excuse! for science!" With that, Kari runs over to start inspecting everything, tripping once on the way there.

[roll0]

Silver Coin
2010-08-07, 05:58 AM
Alicia rushed after Kari. From what she had seen of her companions thus far, her presence would probably be a constant necessity in order to prevent them from getting into trouble. Not that it still couldn't happen of course. Now then. Might as well make herself useful.

[roll0]

nothingclever
2010-08-07, 10:30 AM
Brunhild followed the other two and joined in the search. She figured they'd do a better job of finding anything useful but a second pair of eyes couldn't hurt.

[roll0]

smuchmuch
2010-08-07, 11:19 AM
Mina

Mina decide to actively rest* against a tree while the other are .. apparently rumaging though the carcass if she's guessing right from the sounds of things being moved around.

Wich, despite being an oxymoron, just go to show how much she's deicated to occasional constant napping.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-07, 11:39 AM
Nora bounds after the rest, whipping out her palm top and trying to gather data on it.

[roll0]

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-07, 12:54 PM
Brandi

Though the crisis is resolved, Brandi can't help but feel some disappointment that her methods of communication had failed to get through to the creature. Or then to get something spit up on her shoes anyway.

So while the others begin to examine the crash site and it's happenings, Brandi despondently goes about filching small pieces of the crash that didn't look that important. Most of is merely for her small collection of junk she kept about, but some of it...

Might as well roll Luck to see if she accidentally finds a clue.

Luck: [roll0]

Shades of Gray
2010-08-07, 01:08 PM
Kari, Brunhild, and Alicia do not find anything of value, some extra clothes here and there, which the alien happily takes, putting it into a small satchel on her hip.

However, Nora' searching leads her to find a small device with a screen. Three dots appear on the screen, and it gives longitude and latitude, as well as serving as a compass. The two dots are to the south, and appear to be moving away from the crash-site. The two little blips moving away are labeled "Kyo" and "Kyou." They do not appear to be going very fast, perhaps they were injured on impact?

Brandi finds some torn blueprints, she can barely make out some words. "T-m- ma---ne p-ot--y-e." Included are bizarre diagrams and mathematical equations. Clearly the Sato brothers were working on something.

All the evidence leads to the realization that the Sato brothers were not hiding out here, they crashed here.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-07, 04:18 PM
Nora runs tests for electrical and radio signals, and finding something suspicious, goes to investigate. When she discovers the device she waves the others over.

Look what we got here! Looks like someone's bagged and tagged these two! Should we pursue or return to headquarters with this data?

Verlaufen
2010-08-08, 08:15 PM
Kari

Kari comes running over at Nora's signal, only a bit disappointed that she herself found nothing of great interest. "Yes! A lead! Although it could be a plant KyoKyou set here for people like us... No use not checking it out, though!" With that comment out of the way, she takes her vast knowledge to the test to figure out what the original message could have been. "The fact that this message is charred implies that the tracking system and the message were not fabricated to lead us off. If they were, then the message would have been clear to us."

"So, then, let's follow the dots!" Kari waits for the rest of the group before she starts her run through the environment towards the dots.

Shades of Gray
2010-08-10, 08:14 AM
The agents approach the two blips; the alien follows them, happily stuffing all these new shiny clothing in her satchel. As the get closer they see two men in labcoats, limping slightly as they walk. All of the sudden, one of them collapses, and the other kneels beside him. He looks to his right and sees the agents approaching.

"Please! Help! He was injured in the crash. I'll let you guys take us in, but he's gotta live!"

Verlaufen
2010-08-10, 11:56 AM
Kari

Kari halts in her tracks as she sees them. She has two instincts: one is two immediately help, and the other is to call the agency. She whispers to Brandi quickly. "Run towards the town, like you're getting help. Contact the agency as soon as you're well out of site." Kari then runs towards the two, figuring that the group endearing themselves to KyoKyou(?) could probably let them get more information.

For once, Kari's smile is replaced by an expression of worry. "Oh my god! What happened to you two?"

smuchmuch
2010-08-10, 02:21 PM
Mina just stay nonchalantly at a small distance from the scene. But her ears are open and she's ready to sping to actions, should two individual should they proove to be remotly hostile.

she does take a a bit of tipe to take in their scent well, that way if they proove to be the two brothers, she'll have a easy time rcognizing them in the furture.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-10, 02:23 PM
Nora scampers back and hides behind a tree. What are you doing, she cries too loudly. We're not supposed to make contact with these guys!

nothingclever
2010-08-10, 03:12 PM
"I believe we should attempt to restrain them before we do anything else," said Brunhild unfazed by the apparent suffering of the two criminals. "I'd appreciate it if you'd all help me. We've already failed to avoid making contact with them and since they are said to be highly dangerous we can't afford to let our guard down. We might as well try to secure them. We can contact the agency once they are bound." She pulled out a set of cuffs and attempted to restrain the kneeling brother.
[roll0]

Verlaufen
2010-08-10, 11:14 PM
Kari

"Nngh... I guess that was our mission." With a small bit of hesitation, Kari helps Brunhild in the process. [roll0] She talks to Brunhild as she does it. "Still, it won't do us much good if one of them is dead, and they are living beings." She looks at KyoKyou, a reassuring smile on her face. "We'll try and help you, but a job's a job. I hope you understand what we mean?"

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-11, 12:43 AM
Brandi

The android had just nodded and begun to turn when Brunhilde had shot down the proposed plan. Well what else could be helped? Or rather what could she do to help?

The answer was to peer, uncomfortably close to Brunhilde, over the pale girl's shoulders and point out where there didn't seem to be enough knots or locks. Maybe she'd get lucky and she's help Brunhilde tie these two up properly.

"Is he alright, Brandi asks dispassionately of the filthy fugitive." Brandi says softly, gazing at the two prisoners.

Luck to add to Brunhilde's Roll: [roll0]

Shades of Gray
2010-08-11, 08:48 AM
Kyo(u) hangs his head in shame as he is restrained. "I think he has broken his leg somewhere, as well as sustained some head damage when his head hit the controls on impact. Please, just get us somewhere where he can get medical attention." The desperate scientist pleads.

Verlaufen
2010-08-11, 11:05 AM
Kari

Kari steps back a step. "I'm going to contact the agency with out coordinates and the situation. I'm not really great with the first aid stuff, though. Can someone splint the leg and bandage the head? And also check that he's alive? Interrogating the incapacitated doesn't get anyone anywhere." Kari then turns around to contact the agency through whatever communicators they brought down with them.

Shades of Gray
2010-08-11, 11:24 AM
The communicator's signal is extremely weak, likely due to all of the trees. It is impossible to contact the ship from this location.

Verlaufen
2010-08-11, 11:26 AM
Kari

Kari sighs. "Could somebody go back to the crash site with me? I think that's the only place in which we'll be able to make contact."

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-11, 12:22 PM
Nora moves warily over to Kari. Yes, let's go contact headquarters. If we hurry they won't manage to betray and overpower all our coworkers before we return.

smuchmuch
2010-08-11, 04:41 PM
Mina

Mina just walk behind the two scientists with a smile
"Don't worry your brother will have all the medical attention he'll need soon"
And then she proceed to knock them out both with a shap hit of her cane on the head

Athletics [roll0]*4=24 that way we're sure they aren't goig nywhere while were contacting the ship

"Think of it as a much needed anesthesic."

Verlaufen
2010-08-11, 11:15 PM
Kari

Kari goes with Nora, using the best of her luck [roll0] to guide them back the exact way they came, and then uses the wrist communicator / cellular phone / giant satellite / etc. that was planned. She tells them everything she knows.

OOC: Did my sis just beat someone up?

smuchmuch
2010-08-15, 02:24 PM
Mina

"Funny that but i was somehow expecting this job to be more, how to say it, eventfull."

so, uh.. anyone else still here ?
Seems somewhat a little early for this game to die

Verlaufen
2010-08-17, 01:24 PM
Kari

Kari comes back to the scientists with Nora to find them both unconscious. "Aww, we aren't taking the nice approach?" She pokes Kyo (or is it Kyou?) in the head with a stick and drops it. "Well, we've sent a signal up to the authorities. Shall we stay to make sure they don't run, or what?"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-17, 01:30 PM
Nora stares at the ground. Our job was not to capture them. Nora will probably be beaten, or not given any supper.

smuchmuch
2010-08-17, 01:59 PM
Mina

"Now, there there." Mina pats Nora back reassuringly "Our order were not to engage them. Wich you didn't." True there was no conflict or combat of any kind here, here, just a completly unprovoked unilateral assault. The way she sees it: Why accept responsability for your actions when you can just weasel your way out of it with somme wordplay ?
"Besides I wasn't having fun here, pyou know. We were said they were to be considered cunning, armed and extremely dangerous so I ain't taking any chances."

"We don't get shot in the back and they'll be provided the medical help they wanted after they are contained. Everybody win !"
Next time she'll tell us that beating kids for their lunch money is an humanitarain act. It protects them from the insidious threats of diabeties and obesity. And I get lunch.

Shades of Gray
2010-08-17, 03:11 PM
All of a sudden, the communicator that Kari is holding begins to vibrate. But... Wasn't the signal too weak? That must mean that the signal comes from another place on the planet.

"Mission failed, agents," a voice rings out from the communicator.

Kyo and Kyou (Or maybe Kyou and Kyo) both begin to shake violently. They seem to fade slightly, before the hologram disappears. All that is left is a metallic, robotic frame.

All of the trees in the area turn white, before disappearing as well. The agents now stand in a plain white, rectangular room. The alien that had been following them underwent a similar process to the brothers Kyo(u), fading this time into the appearance of Tanigawa.

She does not look too pleased.

"I leave you all on one mission and you break every rule in the book." She taps her foot impatiently. "Return to the pod for a debriefing, character assessment, and possible probationary action."

In the large white room the only constants that remain are the pod, the crash site, and the people. The trip back to the pod should be short, considering the lack of foliage in the way this time.

Verlaufen
2010-08-17, 03:18 PM
Kari

Kari's mind races as the hologram begins to deteriorate around her like an ending dream. "Well, if this isn't one of the most complicated holograms I've ever seen..."

After Tanigawa's harsh words, Kari bites down on her lower lip to stop herself from saying anything. Her head hung for the first time in a while, she walks to the pod, considering the bulk of things she probably did against protocol.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-17, 04:01 PM
Nora looks at the ground. Nora fears she will never again be given credits to buy candy in the lobby vending machine. She will go now. She slinks away to the pod like a kicked dog.

smuchmuch
2010-08-17, 04:12 PM
Mina

"Er... ah... oups."
Mina get back to the pod, scratching her head, looking slightly confused and guilty; as someone who is vaguely aware they probaly did something stupid somewhere but just can't figure what.

Silver Coin
2010-08-18, 06:58 AM
Alicia shook her head. She expected that there would be trouble, but not that it would take a form like this. Well. Could be worse. Or better.

nothingclever
2010-08-18, 10:25 AM
Brunhild made her way back to the pod feeling somewhat disappointed but largely alright. She thought she hadn't done much if anything wrong. At least she had decently succeeded in saving Kari in her opinion.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-18, 02:16 PM
Brandi

The reveal of the hologram, and of Tanigawa having watched the entire time, draws no visible reaction from the android girl, but inside she was devastated. To think they had done such a poor job!

"Maybe this is a hologram too, Brandi asks hopefully." she says despondently, trudging back alongside Brunhilde with her eyes focused on the pod. Wait...had this meant the 'entry to planet on the outside of the shuttle' had been fake too? It sure had felt real...Maybe Tanigawa is really a sadist...

smuchmuch
2010-08-19, 04:19 PM
Mina

Mina sniffs discretly in the air.
"Nope, I don't think Holograms can get that angry. Afraid it's real"

Shades of Gray
2010-08-21, 09:57 AM
Tanigawa presses a button on the remote and the pod grows a bit inside; it is now large enough to hold 10 people comfortably. This may or may not confirm Brandi's suspicions.

The agents all sit down in the pod, Tanigawa sitting on a slightly elevated seat with crossed legs. "Alright, who here knows what they did wrong on this mission?" She asks the agents, not looking up from her clipboard.

Silver Coin
2010-08-21, 10:10 AM
Alicia kept quiet and decided to leave the talking to others, instead preferring to tune her weapon a little bit more. If anything went wrong, she wanted to be able to get the first shot off. Her Paranoia has just gone off the charts after the physically impossibility of that what just happened. Now, if this Tanigawa happened to be a hologram as well, a missile in the right place should do some good...

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-21, 12:00 PM
Once we had their locations on radar, we should have contacted HQ immediately. Instead Nora was a bad girl and followed along when everyone rushed ahead.

Verlaufen
2010-08-21, 02:42 PM
Kari

Kari is suspicious of what's going on, but not suspecting any malicious intent. From a scientific standpoint, she's just confused as to how such an immersive hologram was created inside of the shuttle. "I guess we engaged them to the point of knocking them out, and trusting one of them in the first place."

nothingclever
2010-08-22, 10:11 PM
Brunhild nods in agreement with Kari's answer. "Uhm, also, maybe we shouldn't have panicked the way we did with the insectoid." She really doesn't know what to think about this potentially being another hologram.

Shades of Gray
2010-08-24, 01:28 PM
Tanigawa nods. "I like the honesty from you all."

[roll0] For Kari, Brunhild, and Nora.

"Do not take it so hard on yourself, Nora." The commander says, putting her hand on the werewolf's shoulder. "It is not your fault."

Dude, you should totally make them kiss. mutters a voice from outside the shuttle.
What the hell? No one would believe that. says another.
Dude, just make it happen! It'll be awesome.
No way. I'm not jeopardizing this just so you can get your sick enjoyment.

Crap, did they hear us?
You royally ****ed that up, dude.
Me? It was totally you-

Tanigawa has gone blank-eyed and is just staring at Nora rather creepily, not moving.

Verlaufen
2010-08-24, 01:56 PM
Kari

Kari continues to smile, but no longer in a good way. "Miss Tanigawa?" She asks accusingly, "You didn't just hear that... did you?" Using the extra space in the shuttle that magically happened, Kari begins to inch towards the exit.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-24, 02:02 PM
Nora straightens, eyes narrowing suspiciously. Ah-hah! The real Commander Tanigawa would never say that it wasn't Nora's fault!

She lifts her palm-top to her scarf-covered mouth. Detonate charges. Outside of the shuttle, something explodes.

[roll0]

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-24, 02:55 PM
Brandi

"It's a trap, Brandi says with growing alarm." And actual alarm too, her eyes widening just a bit as they hear voices from outside of the pods when something apparently goes wrong. Very wrong! This wasn't Tanigawa at all!

So she did the only reasonable thing...to a combat robot anyway. She grabs the front of her Agent uniform and quickly yanks it open for a brief moment...to flash two rays of light at the (hopefully) fake Tanigawa and stun the dummy before quickly fixing her uniform shut again!

Skill to try and stun Tanigawa-false!

[roll0]

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-24, 03:02 PM
Nora turns to stare wide-eyed at Brandi.

Silver Coin
2010-08-24, 09:20 PM
Alicia sighed, then barrelled over 'Tanigawa' and fired her launcher to try and blow a hole in the wall.

[roll0] (I'll presume that ranged weapons somehow runs off Ath)

smuchmuch
2010-08-24, 10:24 PM
As soon as she heard the voices, Mina start walking back silently near the entrance of the shuttle in order to surpise whoever is outside. she's smilling but thbere a little twitch in her hand as she hold her cane, as someone who has decided she doesn't care if it's a trap and the voices outside are yet another holgram that will lead to yet another hologram and so on...
Holograms or not. If I have to keep intimidating and hurting people until I get to the bottom of this. Then by the gods...

Cunning To sneak up on the people outside (if people to sneak up on there are.) [roll0]

nothingclever
2010-08-24, 11:17 PM
Brunhild once more took up a position near Brandi, ready to use her for cover. At the side of the robot that could withstand atmospheric entry and literally had a stunning body seemed like the best place to be.

Shades of Gray
2010-08-29, 06:34 PM
Tanigawa's eyes go wide, before fading away entirely.

A whole is blown in the wall, revealing Kyo and Kyou's two crouched figures.

"The jig is up, dude. Let's make like a tree and-" One of the brothers says, preparing to stand up before several explosives went off directly in front of him. He blinks a few times, before sitting down. "... Stay still for now." He finishes.

"You just had to open your big mouth." The other brother (from presumably the same mother) says, glaring at his twin.

"Listen. Let's settle this civilly." The first brother suggests, laughing nervously.

Silver Coin
2010-08-30, 07:38 AM
Alicia eyes narrowed. A quick reload and she took aim at the left leg of the brother on the right. Hopefully, this would maim them for life but not kill them. Or something of the sort. Another missile streaked through the air.

[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2010-08-30, 08:33 AM
"Gah!" The brother says, rolling out of the way.

"Hey! I said civilly! Or do you not want to get out of the network of holograms?"

Silver Coin
2010-08-30, 08:58 AM
Alicia sneered at the two before her. This was pathetic.

"Oh really? I also heard you wanted to make us kiss. Here's what I think you guys fess up, and come quietly, or we'll find our way out even if we have to break every piece of fancy equipment you have here. Violence is not the answer. Violence is the question. 'Yes' is the answer. So what say you? Do I try to blow off another part of your body again?"

As she said this, Alicia reloaded another missile into her launcher. 2 missiles down. 3 left. Should be fun.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-30, 12:01 PM
Would kissing really be so bad? Nora squints and steps closer to the brothers. Wait, I took off my helmet because I thought I was back on the ship. Am I dead? Is this heaven?

nothingclever
2010-08-30, 12:12 PM
"I think it's safe to say we're all alive and this isn't heaven, however, if these guys don't cooperate they just might be going there," says Brunhild as she draws her long hairpin out and menaces them with it as best she can.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-30, 12:16 PM
Brandi

With the abrupt change in the combat circumstances, Brandi's guard lowered even as she quickly walks over to Alicia and lays a hand on her shoulder.

"You are deviating from acceptable mission parameters, Brandi warns helpfully." the android says, turning her dead pan gaze unto the two Kyo/us. "We were not instructed to harm, or even contact the targets. we are in need of mission guidance, Brandi clarifies helpfully."

Never mind the fact her other hand is on the front of her uniform again, noooo ignore that little tidbit. Instead her head swivels to take in the two criminals.

"What is needed to make you comply peacefully, Brandi asks with some trepidation."

Verlaufen
2010-08-30, 05:16 PM
Kari

Kari stands back away from the combat, a bit confused as to what exactly was real. If the signal was strong enough, she would contact the agency, but it isn't, so she leaves the criminals to the party's capable hands.

Silver Coin
2010-08-30, 11:00 PM
Looks like she had to do everything herself. Brandi was right though. Reaching into her backpack's side pocket, she pulled out her field radio and attempted to contact Tanigawa. Her missile was still conspicuously pointed towards the two brothers.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-08-31, 12:43 AM
Nora nods quickly. Right, she says loudly. We're not to make contact with the targets! So just make this hologram go away, and then we'll all go away and pretend we never saw each other!

Shades of Gray
2010-08-31, 11:58 AM
The twins look at each other, than at the agents. They nod.

"We will go peacefully... Though our condition is... Is that we have..."

One Month They say in unison.

"One month to have to ourselves."
"To go see the universe and tie up loose ends."
"Before going in the slammer."
That's fair, is it not?
"After that we'll comply."
"You can even track us so you know we're not up to anything funny."

The connection to Tanigawa is shaky. "Just use your best judgement, agents." She says.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-31, 02:30 PM
Brandi

"We are not authorized to apprehend these men, Brandi says with some distaste. But we cannot expect them to run free and not think about escape either, Brandi comments dryly." It looks like the robot had 'Tanigawa's' lecture to heart, even if it had been given by the enemy and not the real woman.

The expressionless being even gives a little nod, as if she's come to some great realization.

"We'll just have to travel with them, Brandi says with certainty."

smuchmuch
2010-08-31, 02:40 PM
Mina

"You can't possibly be serious !?" blurt franticaly the catgirl "Travelling one month full with deadly criminal who will sztick a knife in our back and flee at the first occasion ?! Order or no orders, give one good reason we shouldn't bag them right now and be done with it ?"

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-31, 07:40 PM
Brandi

"Completely, Brandi says grimly."

"They have demonstrated the ability to erect holograms without any of us noticing, Brandi says pointedly. That means if we take them against their will, there is a fair chance they will simply engineer an escape, to our greater detriment considering we have no authority to detain them, she says somewhat irrately." The android's face hardens the tiniest bit, clearly displeased with the current situation as much as anyone, "Our best chance to 'bag them' is if they come willingly, an unlikely scenario if we do not comply with this request, Brandi notes."

"And if they seek to stab us, then we shall limit the availability of edged weapons to them, for the safety of those of us incapable of surviving a stabbing, Brandi says helpfully." Completely missing the point of the metaphor at that.

Verlaufen
2010-08-31, 07:40 PM
Kari

Kari quickly came to the same concurrence that Brandi did. "It would make a great adventure, that's to be sure.... there would always have to be a way to contact Miss Tanigawa, so no situation that would lead to a breakdown of communication..." Kari looks down in disapproval. "While not the simplest option, it certainly seems a good one." She tilts her glasses to a less serious position. "It could be fun!"

Silver Coin
2010-08-31, 09:09 PM
Alicia sighed and whispered into the headset.

"Look. Given the provenance, I hardly consider that statement binding or reliable. Knowing them, they'll just try to pull something when we are travelling with them. Our job is just to land them in jail. We are just moving past the reconnaissance phase a bit ahead of schedule. Brandi, do a quick scan to make sure this isn't another Hologram. After confirming they are real, break their legs and capture them. I think all of us want to be back early enough for lunch."

OOC: [roll0] to Check if it's another Hologram.

nothingclever
2010-08-31, 09:48 PM
"I agree with Brandi. We aren't actually obligated to capture them but we might get to do so anyway in a nonviolent manner if we oblige them. I would prefer to avoid dealing with any more trickery and perhaps this would limit it," said the princess indifferently.

Verlaufen
2010-08-31, 09:53 PM
Kari

"Alicia, I hate to say it, but..." Kari looks up. "The agency's been after them for how long? Now a group of scouts come and find them, and they're like 'Totally, we can take 'em!' Sounds a bit... far fetched, you know?"

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-01, 10:12 PM
Brandi

Brandi stares impassively at Alicia for a couple moment, almost audible clicking noises coming from her.

"*click* *click* Request denied. Current information is insufficient for such a task, nor are we qualified/permitted/licensed for such actions, Brandi notes dryly." the android says, slipping back to her blank expression, "We are not the more qualified operatives meant to bring fugitives into custody, Brandi says firmly."

Shades of Gray
2010-09-02, 11:17 PM
The brothers Kyo/u look at the agents. "Listen, it's in your best interest to go with us. It'll help you get off this rock sooner, considering the whole you just blew in the pod." The more reasonable of the brothers say, looking at the pod. "The only way we'll get out is if we use our own ship. Listen, we're unarmed. We'll give you the names of everyone else we know in the business."

Tanigawa is in thought over the matter, before suddenly speaking. "... I think what these scumbags-"

"Hey. Scumbag." The more... thoughtless of the two brothers corrects.

"What these criminals-" Tanigawa says, rather annoyed, "are saying makes some sense. We can get a lot more out of them this way. Think about it like a month-long paid vacation. Plus, we can track them no matter where they go, so in case they are lying about being unarmed then we'll only lose rookies." Tanigawa points our rather logically. Plus it'll keep that stupid robot out of my hair... She thinks to herself, smiling.

"Listen. Make sure they don't do anything stupid or illegal. Other than that, each one can go wherever they want, as long as he is escorted at all times by at least two of you agents. Understood?"

smuchmuch
2010-09-02, 11:48 PM
Mina

Mina is about to protest when she hears

Think about it like a month-long paid vacation

"Okay that is a good reason.". as long as she still get paid for it...

so in case they are lying about being unarmed then we'll only lose rookies

"You do realise you said that last part out loud, right ?" asks Mina with curiosity.
In her experience, people who consider you expendable tend to be more sneaky about it, you certainly had to give the benefit of refreshing honnesty to the good commander.

Verlaufen
2010-09-03, 12:37 AM
Kari

"Understood completely, Miss Tanigawa." Kari is noticeably excited about the mission for multiple reasons.

"Well, then, I guess we'll be accompanying you in your... good-byes, was it? I hope to get to understand some of the science! of your machines and holograms. Just don't think you're not under eyes of the law, mkay?" She says this to the KyoKyou who speaks in Red.

nothingclever
2010-09-03, 01:52 AM
Brunhild

"Yes ma'am," said Brunhild to her commander before turning to address the criminals. "I hope we are able to get along well despite our differences." Both times she spoke with a formal tone and a poker face.

Shades of Gray
2010-09-06, 09:09 AM
The Red Kyo/u smiled, looking a lot more relaxed as he stood up. "I'm sure we'll all get along just fine." He said with a wink. "Some finer than others." He added with a glance at the agent with the rocket launcher.

The other Kyo/u sighed, standing up and dusting himself off. "I swear he'll be the death of me." He muttered with a sigh as he grabbed a toolbox seemingly out of nowhere.

Verlaufen
2010-09-06, 05:22 PM
Kari

"Well, then, in that case, you have one month." Without anything more substantial to say, Kari looks again at her surroundings. "So... where's your ship, again?"

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-06, 09:58 PM
Brandi

"*Click**Click* Mission understood Tanigawa-san, Brandi says uncertainly." Brandi says simply, turning her dispassionate gaze unto the Kyo/u's and advancing forward and dipping into a low bow.

"I am known as Brandi for the purposes of this mission, she introduces herself. I will handle such duties as cleaning, organizing, and ending your miserable lives if either of you harm a hair on our heads on purpose, Brandi explains in a 'machine-uprising-against-humans' tone of voice." She says smoothly before straightening up and refastening the buttons to her uniform.

Silver Coin
2010-09-08, 09:01 AM
Alicia nodded in acknowledgement. This was not going the way she wanted it to, but orders were orders.

And they probably needed someone sane to keep things in check. No wait...someone sane is probably needed to keep things in check. Better.

"All right, then. I see that's how things are suppose to go. What now?"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-09-08, 03:03 PM
Nora lets out a belabored sigh. All is lost. Nora's master has gone insane, and none of her teammates think to rebel. Oh well.

Verlaufen
2010-09-08, 08:48 PM
Kari

"Hey, Miss Tanigawa isn't insane!" Kari snaps at Nora. "This is gonna be a nice adventure! You should try and be a bit more independent. She's letting you go, for like, four weeks! That's two fortnights!"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-09-08, 09:34 PM
Nora is still trying to recover her net privileges from the last time she tried to be more independent! If by some fluke she survives the storm of independence coming her way, she is likely to be sold to a brothel as punishment, where she will spend the rest of her short life being ravaged by hairy, foul-smelling individuals. Nora folds her arms and sulks petulantly.

Verlaufen
2010-09-08, 09:44 PM
Kari

"Ah..." Kari is quite frankly at a loss for words for this girl's train of though, a look of confusion on her face. "Nora, nobody will sell you to a brothel. Stop being so depressing!" She encourages with a smile.

Silver Coin
2010-09-09, 01:21 AM
Nora was right. Well, not the brothel part. That's disgusting.

"Wait a sec. How do we know that this Tanigawa is not just a decoy? Another computer generated voice? I mean sure, she was pretty caustic, but these guys have sick and twisted minds. Go figure."

Verlaufen
2010-09-09, 01:29 AM
Kari

"Ah-ha!" Kari exclaims, a glint in her eye, turning to face Alicia. "That is a very real possibility! However, that forms to possibilities in that specific situation: That Tanigawa is real or fake. If she is real, it is a rather simple answer, and we follow her orders and should it not be, then that raises all sorts of questions about this "reality" in which we have been placed through questionable circumstances, the least of which concerning multiple spectra and directions through the space time continuum, specifically how we became imprisoned in this temporal anomaly and if this Tanigawa is fake, then how many layers of this illusion could truly be formed, and thusly, through the use of Occam's razor we must conclude that this Tanigawa is real!"

"..."

"Sorry, that was a bit overboard. This Tanigawa's probably not fake, and if she is, it raises too many questions."

EvilRoeSlade
2010-09-09, 01:46 AM
It's not for you to decide who Nora will be sold to or how grossly she will be undervalued. She probably won't even make it to be punished, the criminal scum will surely pawn her off the moment her so-called allies turn their backs on her. Her only hope now is if one of her fellow agents sees what a bad idea this is, falls in love with Nora, and takes her away from all this to live a carefree life of banditry and adventure.

Verlaufen
2010-09-09, 01:52 AM
Kari

Kari sighs, figuring that convincing Nora will not be an easy task to undertake in a day. "... I'm sorry, from whence do you get these ideas?"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-09-09, 01:56 AM
It's hard to tell from behind Nora's scarf but it looks like she's grinning. From her secret stash of manga and romance novels!

Silver Coin
2010-09-09, 04:52 AM
Alicia was not amused.

"I see a few problems with that argument of yours. Firstly, just because this Tanigawa is real is the simplest explanation, that doesn't necessarily means it's true. It merely means that it is more likely to be true. This Tanigawa being another fake remains a distinct possibility, especially considering these two here. I'm going to hold to the second possibility until I have evidence to the contrary. Safety first.

Secondly, given our previous experience, you are arguably making more assumptions by stating this Tanigawa is true rather than it being false. We have already faced a fake right before this, and we've been trapped in this hologram without our notice, so I'm certain that it can happen again. Ockham's razor does not necessarily support your argument, since your given condition is not necessarily the one with the least assumptions.

Thirdly, our contact with Tanigawa has been intermittent before this. It is now suddenly cleared. I find that difficult to believe.

Fourthly, I find your last statement troubling. It suggests that you are discarding the possibility that this Tanigawa is not real due to the fact that it would be troublesome and would challenge the certainty of your knowledge. What you want has no hold on reality.

And Nora, cut back a little on that stuff. They are not always good for you. No one's going to sell you off, not if I can help it."

Verlaufen
2010-09-09, 03:44 PM
Kari

"Eh-he-he-heh..." Kari laughs, certain that KyoKyou are watching this with amusement. "Well, you do make some good points, and you do make me doubt. What I mean to say is that... wait..." Kari rubs her temples in contemplation for a moment. "Alright, you were correct that the Tanigawa is not necessarily real. What I mean, if I hadn't gotten carried away, was that if this Tanigawa were fake, that would set this off the rails. KyoKyou have already shown their ability to create elaborate holograms. If this were another one, they could have us trapped eighty layers deep in one. If she were fake, I have trouble thinking this is a situation we could get out of..." Kari has calmed down a bit from talking in "size 4" font. "Your thoughts?"

nothingclever
2010-09-09, 06:30 PM
Brunhild was at a loss for words beyond 'You're all weird,' so she decided to say nothing.

Silver Coin
2010-09-10, 08:16 AM
Alicia nodded. Common sense. At last.

"I think two or three would be about right. Any more would be prohibitively expensive and rather pointless. Any less would be ineffective. If our foes were evaluating us, I think that what we do to these two douche bags here would be a lot more revealing than how we handle a fake Tanigawa. Also, I can't help but think that them revealing this whole thing is a fake was intentional. It was really clumsy. A third would just be security. And to further lower our guard. Or they might REALLY be that stupid, and these two in front of us are real. Still, in my experience, it's always better to overestimate your opponent that to underestimate him."

Verlaufen
2010-09-10, 06:29 PM
Kari

"Gah, I can't wrap my head around this. So... you're saying that they want us to join them and won't go peacefully to the agency. If that's the case, then how exactly do you plan to get out of our little predicament?" Taking a moment to think about something less boggling, she shouts over to Kyo(u). "Hey, Kyokyou? What's in that box?"

Shades of Gray
2010-09-11, 02:06 PM
"Various tools and pieces of equipment to help repair the ship." The Kyo/u said as he shook the box, resulting in a clanky metal sound from within.

The Kyo/u that speaks in red sighed, making his way back to the clearing with the crashed ship. "Hey. I need two of you lovely ladies with me at all time, right?" He asked with a wink.

Verlaufen
2010-09-12, 04:57 PM
Kari

Kari looked over her shoulder to address Kyo/u."Mmhmm, that's right, and we're NOT FINISHED DECIDING YET!"

smuchmuch
2010-09-12, 05:54 PM
Mina

"OH FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD !"
Mina, who was sitting silently against one of the wall of the pod waiting for the deliberation to comme to an end, suddenly rises up, her tail twitching out of frustration "Tanigawa isn't real, there. Or maybe she is all part of the twin's diabolical plan to see us die of old age oin the time it takes you to decide on a course of action.
Thing is: It doesn't matter anyway !We've already established we can't do anything about it for now. So unless one of you commes with a brilliant way to differienciate what's real and what's not in the next ten seconds, we're just wasting time here.."

Mina take a deeep breath and count mentaly to ten.

"So...

personaly you do what you want but I'm going going to go with red" she point at Kyo or maybe Kyou, whatever. the one who spoke last at any rate. "Here, and hopefully by the time we're back you'll be done arguing and will have eventualy reached a decision. I'm not optimistic though."

Verlaufen
2010-09-12, 07:57 PM
Kari

"... Well said," Kari says bluntly, afraid that something very bad would happen if she didn't agree with Mina. With her fear making decisions for her at the moment, she'll go with the Blue Kyo(u), who seemed a bit more down to earth and less likely to have Mina near her.

Shades of Gray
2010-09-15, 09:23 PM
((Just a small reminder to post. I'll be updating sometime tomorrow or the following day.))

smuchmuch
2010-09-16, 04:01 AM
"...
Rr... You are all awfully silent.

...Did I ruin the mood or did a balckhole suddenly oppened and sucked everyone in" ask Mina to kari in an uneasy whisper.

betwenn college starting and school really kicking in, I assume it's normal to expect a dropin activity in mid september.

EvilRoeSlade
2010-09-16, 06:10 AM
Nora has a clever plan to distinguish reality from illusion!

Having declared this, she pounces on the red-speaking Kyou, her scarf falling off as she tries to gnaw on him with her sharp little fangs.

[roll0]

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-16, 12:54 PM
Brandi

"I agree with Mina, Brandi says in her 'I told you all so' voice." the android says plaintively as she steps over towards the more 'normal' seeming of the brothers, "But Tanigawa-san is real, Brandi says helpfully. Her voice continues to hold the same stress fluctuations from the previous implied comment about her smaller bust size then myself, Brandi points and subtly digs."

Then her head turns to Kyo.

"What else need done before the ship is ready to launch, Brandi asks in an exasperated fashion."

Shades of Gray
2010-09-16, 01:07 PM
"Minor Maintenance and preparations for flight, mostly. You two are welcome to come along and help get it running sooner." Blue!Kyo/u says as he gives the toolbox another shake.

Tanigawa, meanwhile, makes a note in a clipboard after Brandi's recent statement and then disconnects the message.

"...Eh?" Red!Kyo/u manages to say as the werewolf leaps at him. Luckily his reflexes are better than his diction, and so he catches Nora with an audible "Ugh.", causing him to fall backward. Nora's face stops an inch above of Red!Kyo/u's as they both lie there.

(Nora gains 2 Stress. Kyo/u countered with his luck stat.)

Verlaufen
2010-09-16, 05:22 PM
Kari

"W-well, if it were a black whole, at least we didn't reach the event horizon!" Kari delivers with a forced laugh [roll0]. "I guess I was just a bit intimidated. Just hope this mission goes all as planned... or at least, as close as possible."

EvilRoeSlade
2010-09-16, 07:08 PM
He's... real... says Nora as her fangs gnash the air. If anyone hasn't yet taken leave of their senses, perhaps they could give me a little help here!

Verlaufen
2010-09-16, 07:11 PM
Kari

"Nora, they're real, yes. There's a difference between an uphill fight and confusingly impossible. Or it could be, like, a body double or something. Kari's still confused, but has sided with Alicia and Mina.

smuchmuch
2010-09-16, 09:56 PM
Mina

"Actually I never said they were the real thing. just that it doesn't matter in the present cisumstances" comments matter of factly Mina; before, in a smotth movement, she shoots her arms in the general direction of what sounds vaguely a personn tackling another in an atempt to grab them both by the collar and break it up. (If she does manage to grab Kyo(u), she'll sneakily take the occasion to check if he feels real by twisting his arm a bit)

Ath if needed [roll0]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
((If roll is succesfull to grab at least one of them, or if they don't resist))

"Nora, you cut that out now ." That's the teapot shamelessly scolding the kettle back into not assaulting people without provocation. "Or I'm going to have to start to respect you." she's not very convincing at it "And you, Red...er.. you start stopping being such a tempting target ?
Anyway; let's go repair that spaceship, shall we ? That atmosphere is making my ears dry and itchy, I'll be happy when we get out."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

((if the roll is not.))

As good as they may be, smell and hearing will only get you so far...Mina turns into a completly wrong direction and tries to grab thin air. Her arms flail pointlesslyr for a while before she looses her balance and falls miserably over the two.

How much stress ?

nothingclever
2010-09-16, 10:09 PM
"I'll accompany you. I think these two have gotten everything perfectly under control here and I don't want to get in their way," said Brunhild to Blue!Kyo/u in reference to Nora and Mina. All this debate over whether they were real or not was starting to seriously grate on her nerves and she desperately wanted to get away from it and spend some time with the much more sensible Brandi.

smuchmuch
2010-09-20, 07:08 PM
Mina

As they walk to the ship, Mina is carefull not to BUMP into any obstacle.

Shades of Gray
2010-09-20, 08:16 PM
Mina was successful in separating the Werewolf from the man in the labcoat. "Alright. Let's go."

Both Kyo/us nodded as they left the remains of the pod and made their way to the ship.

_/ _/ _/

Immediately the two get to work, moving like a well-oiled machine. Upon closer inspection it seems that the crash was fabricated, nothing was really all that damage, just disassembled.

Anyone is free to help, watch over them, converse amongst themselves, etc.

Verlaufen
2010-09-20, 08:34 PM
Kari Passerine

Kari stands by for a bit, then starts to do whatever she as a SCIENtist can do to help, taking note of all of the signs that this was a fabrication. "Hey, Kyo," Kari says without a hint of disdain, "You mind telling me why you intentionally 'crashed' here?" Crashed is delivered with the appropriate air-quotes. "Do you just like enticing law enforcers, or what?"

smuchmuch
2010-09-22, 02:00 PM
Mina

"Wait the crash was a fake ?" Mina will just take the pothers world for it since she can see what the two are doing "Well, It's certainly an original way to get compagny, I'll grant them that."

nothingclever
2010-09-22, 08:31 PM
Brunhild

Brunhild assists Kari in whatever way she can instead of directly helping the criminals and tries to keep her distance from them.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-23, 01:01 PM
Brandi

The android falls silent as the two criminals set about re-assembling the ship, distinctly noticing how quickly the process seemed to be going. That only brought up more questions though, like why go to all of this trouble just to turn themselves in. Something she pointed to the more logical seeming of the Kyo/u's.

"Wouldn't it have been simpler just to walk into a police station holding your arrest warrants, Brandi asks curiously." the android says, dredging up files on ship repair even as she made light conversation with him.

Skill: [roll0]

Shades of Gray
2010-09-25, 01:49 PM
"This is our hideout. We were on our way here anyway, and it doesn't take too long to make this security measure. We would've caught you and ransomed you off if my brother didn't screw up."

"Shut up. You know you wanted it to happen too."

"Whatever. We're just going to make the best of the next 30 days." Kyo/u said with a sigh as he finished making the repairs.

"Do you lovely ladies have a request for our first destination?"

EvilRoeSlade
2010-09-25, 02:17 PM
Nora wants to go to Elysian Secure Cryogenics And Prison Encampment. She promises not to hand you over to the authorities at the first opportunity, where the criminal scum would then spend eternity frozen solid in a holding cell. Nora has retrieved and replaced her scarf and is now just sulking.

Verlaufen
2010-09-25, 05:46 PM
Kari

Kari doesn't envision the acronym in her head, but doesn't object to Nora. "As wonderful of a place as Elysium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elysium) is, I guess I'm fine going anywhere... I'd love to explore the ship, really."

smuchmuch
2010-09-27, 07:13 PM
Mina

Looks like she's concentrating and counting on her fingers.
"e.. S..C.. oh that's clever. soo i dodn't suppose you'd know a planet where they grow eyebals back, no ? or a planet where you get paid to do nothing all day ? No ? I'm out of ideas."

Silver Coin
2010-10-02, 05:10 AM
Alicia just stood at the side and watched with mild amusement. This was out of her hands now, might as well enjoy the comedy.

"Well, cheer up Nora. At least you tried. I don't even care any more." [Roll=Affection]1d6*[2]

"Right then. How about Earth? I suppose that it does qualify as a planet where people are paid to do nothing. Some at least. It's been a while since I've been back there. Wonder what it looks like now."