PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Good League of Good LVII: Princess Power Trio Plus Protective Parents

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

FireFox
2010-08-06, 10:32 PM
Reinholdt!? That visibly surprises Toby, but, if anything, it makes him look even more steely-eyed. Reinholdt is a guest here, and you will most certainly do nothing to him here. Furthermore, you don't really know who you're talking to. I have committed two separate acts of genocide. I am here, at least partly, for redemption. As much as you may have a legitimate reason for trying to kill him, if he ever asks me to help him, or shows signs of wanting to be a Good person, I will do everything in my considerable power to do the right thing. His voice softens, and he leans back with a tight smile. Just so we're clear about everything. You may leave now.

Reinholdt
2010-08-06, 10:32 PM
[Infirmary]

Butler doesn't stop Quinn! It's a shame someone won't clone Butler so he can butler in two places at once without the excessive, abusive plot cloning.

[Charity's Phone]
Is ringing!
That won't add to an already tense situation at all!

happyturtle
2010-08-06, 10:51 PM
[Porch]

Charity answers her phone. Normally she'd walk away to keep from disturbing the others, but she doesn't trust the whole alpha male thing not to break out again. "Hello?"

UncleWolf
2010-08-06, 10:54 PM
Edijar doesn't back away from the look, meeting it with a glare of his own. "In all honesty, I don't give a damn who you are, or what you did. And while I don't believe you're the owner of this place, I'll still leave as I'm apparently not wanted here." He turns to go, but waits for Charity so he could tell her goodbye.

FireFox
2010-08-06, 10:55 PM
I'm not the owner, I just work here. And he's back to smiling pleasantly. And, so long as you intend on murdering our guests, I'm sorry, but you aren't welcome.

Reinholdt
2010-08-06, 10:57 PM
[Phone!]

"Hi... err... I don't think I ever caught your name. Anyways, I wanted to let you know not to go to the Weald. I just picked up something that I think will help me find Phoenix through all the weird Weald stuff and there's really no point in risking more lives than necessary. I promise to bring him back safe and sound. So... err... that's it really." Reinholdt's on the phone! He must've picked one up on the way back from Trog's.

The Bushranger
2010-08-06, 10:58 PM
[Outside]

Quinn is approaching, and, overhearing, frowns.
"Ah...Toby dear...Mr, Edijar...is there a problem here?" she asks, giving Tobias a 'I'm the one in charge here' look. :smallwink:

happyturtle
2010-08-06, 11:04 PM
[Phone]

"Don't you think you should have some help?" she asks, while glaring at Toby. So Toby is allowed to have an omnicidal cat as a guest, but Charity isn't allowed to have her own boyfriend as hers? A boyfriend who just helped rescue another GLoG member? Glaaaaaaare. :smallannoyed:

Reinholdt
2010-08-06, 11:06 PM
[Phone]

"Oh... well probably, but that's never stopped me in the past! I've been in the Weald before. I'll be ok. Or live through it anyways." Reinholdt doesn't know about the SUPAH magic.

UncleWolf
2010-08-06, 11:13 PM
Edijar gives a look at Tobias before shaking his head at Quinn. "No, he's made it very clear I am not the kind of person allowed here. Thank you for treating my wrist, but I must get going." He gives Charity a quick peck on the cheek. "Give me a call later, you can keep the truck here." He says quietly, trying not to interrupt her call more than necessary. After that, he begins to walk out of GLOG unless stopped.

ApeofLight
2010-08-06, 11:14 PM
Garth undeadtimes just outside the main lodge whittling away at a piece of wood like he was a few days ago.

The Bushranger
2010-08-06, 11:14 PM
[Outside]

And Quinn clears her throat, to stop Edijar.
"Well, then. Could somebody explain why, exactly, that is?" She has a friendly tone, but it's also a I Want To Know, Now, Please kind of tone. :smalltongue:

[Infirmary]

Jamie hops up on a medbed and starts humming to herself, bored already. :smalltongue:

FireFox
2010-08-06, 11:22 PM
It's not a matter of you being the kind of person we don't like, it's that you just can't stay here while you're planning to murder another guest here. Toby tries to explain reasonably.

happyturtle
2010-08-06, 11:22 PM
[Phone]

"But have you been since the weird magic ramp-up?" Charity says.

Wait, why am I warning him?

Gods, I need a drink....

And then Edijar starts to leave, totally distracting her from the call. Reinholdt will hear her somewhat off-mic saying "No, wait, don't--" and then the connection is dropped.

[Porch]

"No, wait, don't leave without me!" Charity says, running after Edijar, and shoving the phone in her pocket, where it gets disconnected.

ApeofLight
2010-08-06, 11:25 PM
[Porch]

Garth looks up from his whittling for a few seconds but shrugs and doesn't say anything.

Reinholdt
2010-08-06, 11:29 PM
[Phone]

Reinholdt... says nothing! He's been disconnected!

UncleWolf
2010-08-06, 11:32 PM
Edijar stops to wait for Charity, but while he'd been planning on ignoring Quinn, Tobias' words cause him to turn around and growl a bit. "It obviously is a problem with the kind of person I am! Apparently, it's okay to keep genocidal cats, but not the man who is hunting him down to protect the lives of two girls he destroyed." With that, he doesn't wait any longer and storms off to the truck.

ApeofLight
2010-08-06, 11:35 PM
" Oh, that's got to sting on some level. " Garth comments as he whittles away, carving something into the wood.

The Bushranger
2010-08-06, 11:38 PM
"Perhaps it's wrong to assume that said cats are incapable of achieving redemption," Quinn says firmly. "And also wrong to abuse the rules of hospitality."

She shakes her head sadly. "What takes place off of this camp, stays off of this camp...but if you are going to visit here, you must swear not to harm any of our members, or guests, while on GLoG property."

Of course, whether Edijar hears any of this, is open to question.

FireFox
2010-08-06, 11:40 PM
I'd really call myself more of a genocidal fox... Toby muses to himself. Of course, he's too much of a black kettle in a glass house to cast the first stone when it comes to condemning others for evil actions. He, unconsciously, reaches out to try and take Quinn's hand.

The Bushranger
2010-08-06, 11:45 PM
~I believe he meant Reinholdt, dear,~ Quinn sends to Tobias in answer to his muttering, as she accepts the hand and gently squeezes it, sighing aloud as Edijar storms off to his truck.

happyturtle
2010-08-06, 11:48 PM
Charity follows Edijar and gets in the truck, knowing he needs to go somewhere else - anywhere else - to cool off.

UncleWolf
2010-08-06, 11:57 PM
[Truck]

Edijar stays calm long enough to open the door for Charity and when she gets in, begins driving off. He heard Quinn, but it only served to make him respect the place less. Yes, he respected GLOG's ideals and that Charity believed in them, but this...

They were an unorganized mess that was trying for a Utopian ideal. And he could give them no respect after seeing this.

Once he begins to drive off he lets out a slow breath. "I'm sorry."

happyturtle
2010-08-07, 12:06 AM
[Truck]

"No, I am." Charity says. "Let's just head back to the cabin and relax."

UncleWolf
2010-08-07, 12:10 AM
[Truck]

"You have no reason to be. Neither of us do." He says, taking her hand. When it comes to the turn off, he takes the other route, taking them away from the Cabin and towards Inside. "But you're right, lets go home."

He didn't care about the Empire any more, and if they still cared about him...

Well, "**** them!" as Charity would say.

happyturtle
2010-08-07, 12:15 AM
[Truck]

Charity scoots across the bench seat and rests her head on his shoulder. Going home. That sounded good.

Morty
2010-08-07, 07:35 AM
[Main Porch]

Reelshka was listening to the violent exchange with her mouth open. Finally, she snorts. So, I suppose we won't be going to the Weald after all. It's hard to tell who she's more mad at.

Reinholdt
2010-08-07, 09:13 AM
Nadas comes out of his cabin, fully stocked and prepared for a trip to the Weald, including numerous bug sprays.

"I'm prepared for our endeavor." Nadas says to... wait. Charity's not there yet. Perhaps she slept in. Nadas says to Reelshka then. Nod.

"Do you know the length of time that will elapse before Charity joins us?"

happyturtle
2010-08-07, 09:15 AM
Assuming it's the next day...

Charity arrives about 10 am, badly hungover.

Morty
2010-08-07, 09:15 AM
Reelshka throws her arms in the air in exasperation. I have no idea. They yelled at each other with Tobias and then she got into the truck with Edijar and they drove away.
Then, of course, I get ninja'd and she says: Oh, there she is.

Reinholdt
2010-08-07, 09:18 AM
"Oh. I hope I didn't leave at an inopportune time yesterday? Is the status quo alright?" He looks at Charity and wonders if she's up to a Weald trip at all in that condition.

happyturtle
2010-08-07, 09:34 AM
"Ugh... I feel like death." Charity says. "Ready whenever you are."

Morty
2010-08-07, 09:41 AM
I still think going to the Weald is suicidal. Reelshka folds her arms across her chest, stopms her foot and tries to look as stern as you can when you're 120 centimeters tall.

Reinholdt
2010-08-07, 09:43 AM
"Do you have another recommendation for rescuing Phoenix?" He asks Reelshka.

He looks to Charity. "I doubt the likelihood of our success will suffer any if we wait an hour or two for you to recover."

Morty
2010-08-07, 09:48 AM
I don't, but if we die or worse, we won't rescue him.

happyturtle
2010-08-07, 09:56 AM
"Yeah, but I'll be just as miserable here as I will be there, so we may as well go." Charity says. Miserably. She doesn't have a response to Reelshka because... well, Reelshka's right. It is suicidal. One of the long list of reasons she was drinking so heavily last night.

Reinholdt
2010-08-07, 09:59 AM
"Logically, going is the only option then. Some chance of success is incredibly better than none. Still, no one requires you to join us and no one will think less of you if you should choose to stay behind."

Nadas turns on the auto-follow option and
((deadtimes))

Morty
2010-08-07, 10:02 AM
Reelshka is silent for a while. I'll go. Otherwise, she'll prove that all goblins are stinking cowards.

happyturtle
2010-08-07, 10:05 AM
"Let's at least go to the infirmary and stock up on healing potions first," Charity says. And once they've done that, they'll head off to the Weald.

Morty
2010-08-07, 10:07 AM
If there are weapons in the base, Reelshka will arm herself before going.

Murkus
2010-08-07, 12:04 PM
A man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9097011&postcount=135) in simple traveller's robes wanders in to camp, looking weary as he heads for the main cabin. His bare feet leave light tracks of blood in their wake as his gaze searches the immediate area.

Murkus
2010-08-07, 08:21 PM
Murkus gives a few tired raps on the main cabin door, steadying himself against the frame.

If no one answers, he'll go and do the same for the infirmary.

Shades of Gray
2010-08-07, 08:24 PM
On the way to the infirmary he will run into Morgan, a rather attractive person with long black hair. Murkus will notice that Morgan is wearing a robe and is carrying a staff.

"A-are you okay?" Morgan asks with concern.

Murkus
2010-08-07, 08:32 PM
Murkus steadies his pack and looks up at Morgan, his drooping gaze previously fixed on his own feet.

If Morgan looks closely, he'll notice some holes in the folds of Murkus' robes, and a bit of blood running down his right leg and dripping to the ground.

"No, actually. I got in a scuffle earlier. I won, but it didn't really..." Murkus coughs into his fist, wet and pained. "Ahem, go too well."

Shades of Gray
2010-08-07, 08:44 PM
"Oh- Um... Congratulations?" Morgan says, trying to sound reassuring to the injured man. The herbalist takes a small red potion from a satchel and hands it to the man, as well as a small silver container. Upon opening the container Murkus will see that it is filled with a balm of some sort. "The potion will ease the pain... And the balm will help close the wounds." Morgan says with a smile. "Both are my recipe."

Murkus
2010-08-07, 08:56 PM
"Um... thank you?" Murkus says, smiling a little awkwardly. "You are very kind. So this is GLoG, then? You certainly seem Good."

He sways on his feet a little, bringing the potion to his lips and drinking slowly. The cleric probably figures he'll apply the balm later.

If the painkilling potion is designed to kick in quickly, Murkus will probably perk up a bit. "Mm. Feels like it's working."

Shades of Gray
2010-08-07, 09:00 PM
Morgan nods. "Well, I try to be good. It's a long process. But I'm glad that it is working." Morgan then takes out a notepad and jots a few things down, calculating something. "Alright, with the potion and the balm together... that's a cost of 154 gold and 6 silver." Morgan says, handing Murkus the receipt with a casual smile. "Good or not, I have to be practical in these tough times."

ApeofLight
2010-08-07, 09:06 PM
Garth is currently doing some fighting practice, but not with his sword. His sword is laid out on the ground while he seems to be doing some sort of hand to hand combat with invisible opponents.

Murkus
2010-08-07, 09:18 PM
Murkus becomes perturbed, blinking at the high cost. "I... don't think I have that much gold." He sifts through his robes, still bleeding and such.

He comes up with about 70 gold, handing that and the balm back over. "Will that do for the potion, at least? I don't think I can afford the balm."

"You know, I was under the impression that GLoG gave medical care and a bed to those in need. At most, for some work around the, ah, headquarters."

The Bushranger
2010-08-07, 09:22 PM
Quinn, meanwhile, becomes aware of goings-on outside.
Perhaps the Seeing-Eye Drone happened by while accompanying the NPC Abigail. (:smallfrown:)

And the brown-haired telepath/paladin emerges from the Infirmary, heading in the direction of Morgan and Murkus.
"Excuse me, I sense a problem here?" she says in a polite tone, nodding to both of them.

Shades of Gray
2010-08-07, 09:31 PM
"No problem, sir... Ummm... Sir." Morgan says to the paladin, not knowing her name. "I was just giving medical attention to this man here, and has just enough gold for it. So everything seems to be fine..." Morgan says, trying to appear calm.

Murkus
2010-08-07, 09:40 PM
(What's happened to Horngeek, anywho?)

The cleric turns, his smile returning, to Quinn. "Yes, he's been very polite. Though I would've appreciated warning in advance that I'd be charged for medical services from GLoG."

As said before, Murkus appears to have his missionary robes torn, and blood drips through the clothes and down one leg.

"It's really no problem though. Might I ask how much it will cost to stay here for a few nights?"

ApeofLight
2010-08-07, 09:42 PM
And that's when Garth comes up to the forming group. " It's absolutely free, as well as the infirmary over there is free. "

The Bushranger
2010-08-07, 09:45 PM
((Horngeek has...parential troubles. :smallfrown: And is offline indefinitly.))

"Indeed. Medical services are free. We are a Good organisation, that provides help and care free of charge." Quinn gives Morgan a dissaproving look, then nods to Murkus. "I'm Quinn. I'm...in charge here, basically. Welcome to the Good League of Good, both of you. And you're welcome to stay - or to join, if you wish - all we ask is that you help to repair the cabins if you stay in one that hasn't been repaired yet."

Murkus
2010-08-07, 09:58 PM
(Ah, I see. :smallfrown:)

Murkus' eyebrows elevate in the very slightest, a bit put off to find a salesman in the Good League of Good. He keeps smiling, though. "Oh, okay. It's very fine to meet you Quinn, and...?" He glances at Garth.

"I don't know if I'll be joining, but a bed and some bandages would be much appreciated. I will happily work, in exchange."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-07, 10:01 PM
In the infirmary office, Krystal undeadtimes. She has a cup of coffee on the desk, and is currently leaning back in her chair. Taking a break.

ApeofLight
2010-08-07, 10:02 PM
" Garth. " Garth says nodding and then looks at Morgan. " And I have no problem with making a profit but just not here... usually. "

The Bushranger
2010-08-07, 10:05 PM
Quinn smiles. "Well, you don't have to, although we would appreciate any fixer-upper voluenteer work that could do. And you're welcome to stay for a brief period, or indefinitly if you decide to join."

Shades of Gray
2010-08-07, 10:06 PM
Morgan looks very embarrassed. "Sorry, I'm new. Didn't know the policies." Morgan says apologetically. "It won't happen again, Quinn."

'Being good sure doesn't pay well.' Morgan thought, sighing.

ApeofLight
2010-08-07, 10:11 PM
" Well, it's alright. Just remember it may be nice to get paid but it's better to do good. Hey, that sounds pretty good actually. " Garth says smiling a bit.

Murkus
2010-08-07, 10:16 PM
Murkus seems reluctant to put forth an opinion on the policies of Good. "A, ah, brief period should be fine." Murkus sways on his feet some more, holding his stomach. "Ahm, can I sit down somewhere? Please?"

The Bushranger
2010-08-07, 10:19 PM
Quinn smiles at Morgan. "Well, it's quite alright. And you are?" she asks with a smile, before noticing Murkus' queasiness. "Er, certainly, sir. Right over here."

There are indeed, benches here and there. (But not everywhere.)

Somebody would talk to Krystal, but...Jamie seems absent? :smallconfused:

Shades of Gray
2010-08-07, 10:31 PM
"Errr... I am Morgan. Alchemist and Herbalist. It is a pleasure to meet you." Morgan bows to the superior officer.

The Bushranger
2010-08-07, 10:39 PM
"That's Lord President to you."

Quinn smiles, blushes, and waves off the formality. "Please, there's no need to bow. It's a pleasure to meet you, Morgan."

Murkus
2010-08-07, 10:44 PM
Murkus goes and sits, breathing a bit heavy. He raises his head, looking for the aforementioned infirmary.

ApeofLight
2010-08-07, 10:47 PM
Garth looks over at Murkus. " Umm... Quinn, is it? I think that man needs your help. " Garth says pointing towards Murkus.

The Bushranger
2010-08-07, 10:49 PM
"...so it does. This way, please, sir."
And Quinn will attempt to take Murkus by the arm, Laying On Hands in the process, and lead him to the Infirmary.

ApeofLight
2010-08-07, 10:52 PM
Garth turns towards Morgan. " Morgan was it? I'm Garth and it's nice to meet you. " He says smiling and holding out a hand to shake.

Murkus
2010-08-07, 10:55 PM
Murkus will go, some of his wounds healing in the process. He tracks blood through the infirmary as he goes along. "You don't have to call me sir. Just Murkus is fine."

Shades of Gray
2010-08-07, 10:58 PM
Morgan shakes Garth's hand. "Garth..." The alchemist mutters, getting used to the name. "And what exactly do you do around here?" The newcomer asks curiously, walking slowly towards the infirmary.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-07, 11:00 PM
When the group comes in, Krystal jumps up, accidentally knocking her coffee into her lap.

Ow, hot! She pats it a little, then remembers that people came in.

She looks up and sees the injured man. And she run over to help.

The Bushranger
2010-08-07, 11:00 PM
"As you wish, Murkus. Just don't expect Butler to do that if you meet him."
Quinn chuckles softly, and steers Murkus to a medbed, directing him to lay down, before beginning her medical work.
Both magic and mundane!

"Krystal! You OK?" Quinn asks with concern noticing the coffee spill. And gratefully accepting the help.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-07, 11:06 PM
Krystal nods. Yeah, I'm fine. I'll live. She grins a little.

The Bushranger
2010-08-07, 11:10 PM
Quinn grins back, then resumes her work as her player has to head off.

Murkus
2010-08-07, 11:17 PM
Murkus pulls down his robes to the waist, looking slightly awkward as the women attempt to heal him.

He has multiple lacerations across the torso, some minor, looking as though he fell on something sharp or was roughed up with a blunt object. He has large bruises in several places. He has one long gash along his leg.

"Thanks for all your help." Murkus says, gripping the mattress beneath him as he sits.

((And deadtime))

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-07, 11:19 PM
Krystal, a girl with all white eyes and hair that looked like fine strands of crystal, smiled at him. It's no problem. I mean, it's not like we'd let you walk away looking like this.

ApeofLight
2010-08-08, 04:12 PM
Morgan shakes Garth's hand. "Garth..." The alchemist mutters, getting used to the name. "And what exactly do you do around here?" The newcomer asks curiously, walking slowly towards the infirmary.

" Oh, this and that. I've done some work fixing up some of the cabins but besides that not much. " Garth says and shrugs as he walks along with the group.

Murkus
2010-08-08, 10:14 PM
Murkus smiles back, lifting his arms to let them wrap bandages. Unless they just use all magic, of course. "Hm. I'm glad I was able to find my way here, then."

The two might notice one of Murkus' arms is very slightly burlier than the other, and it's hand is wrapped in dirty cloth.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-08, 10:20 PM
Krystal notices it.

So, do you only work out one arm or something?

Murkus
2010-08-09, 12:16 AM
((Sorry about sporadic posting tonight, this might be all I can write up. Hanging out with the family, and whatnot.))

Murkus' eyes follow Krystal's, and his smile fades. Apprehensiveness takes it's place. "Uh, heh heh, no. I'm having some... clerical rights with that arm, and they're a bit... drastic. That's all. I'm a tad embarassed, actually." He averts his eyes again, looking with pretended interest around the room.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-09, 12:18 AM
Krystal nods a little. Oh. Okay then.

Most of that went over her head.

Murkus
2010-08-09, 02:50 PM
The cleric's eyes refocus on his healers after a moment, eager to change the subject. "So, uhm, do you two like working for GLoG?"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-09, 08:58 PM
Krystal nods, making light reflect off of her hair a lot.

Yeah, so far. I haven't been here long yet, but it's cool.

The Bushranger
2010-08-09, 09:43 PM
"Indeed I do. Since I met my husband here, among other matters." Quinn smiles happily.

...she'd totally go for setting up a Triumvirate instead of her being president, though.
Alas, Lex isn't here anymore... =(

Murkus
2010-08-09, 10:18 PM
"I'm glad you enjoy it." He remarks to Krystal. He perks up a bit as Quinn describes her own happy experience. "Your husband? Wow. Do you two live here, or...?"

"Sorry if I'm being nosey, just... curious."

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 04:23 PM
"Of course." Quinn nods. "Along with our daughter, and adopted daughter and son. Most of our members live here in the camp."

Murkus
2010-08-10, 04:26 PM
"Three kids?" Murkus mock-exclaims. "They must drive you up the wall. Do the other members help take care of them?" He seems to be smiling again.

FireFox
2010-08-10, 04:35 PM
Toby is going over various members' medical records, not really doing anything important.

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 04:35 PM
"Oh, no, hardly! They're absoultely adoreable. And some of the other members do help, but mostly Toby and I take care of them. When Jamie isn't trying to run off and do good, anyway." she chuckles. "She takes after her dad far too much in some ways."
And, having said that, she looks over and sticks her tongue out at Toby. :smalltongue:

FireFox
2010-08-10, 04:45 PM
I don't know, honey, I think she takes after you, what with the lack of regard for danger. He looks up and grins at her.

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 04:48 PM
Quinn laughs, and shakes her head. "The not listening to authority, though, that definitly comes from you." She chuckles, and walks over torwards him. "So, you're the one doing paperwork now?"

FireFox
2010-08-10, 04:51 PM
I don't follow authority because I'm smarter than most of them, and I do the smart thing to do. He smirks and tries to pull her down into his lap. And, since I know best, if Jamie got her smarts from me, she'd listen! Ergo, she takes after you. Q.E.D, honey.

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 04:57 PM
Quinn finds herself pulled into Toby's lap, and grins. "Oh, but I think she thinks she knows best. Game, set, and match, dear." She pauses. "Oh, and by the way, the next time somebody gets kicked out, I'm the one who gets to do it."

...and she tries to kiss him so he can't argue with her. :smalltongue:

FireFox
2010-08-10, 05:00 PM
Toby gives up, on both arguments, and just kisses her back.

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 05:09 PM
And Quinn scores a double victory!
At least, she scores it as such. :smalltongue:
Finally pulling away from the kiss and smiling, turning to rest her head on his shoulder.
"So, how is my darling husband today? Feeling royal?"

FireFox
2010-08-10, 05:11 PM
I'm great. How about you? He sighs, but since they're the only undeadtimed people in the infirmary, he lets it slide. Okay, I'll let you get it all out of your system.

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 05:23 PM
"Doing just fine indeed. Especially now." Quinn giggles, and sticks her tongue out at him. "You know, of course, that I'm not ever going to let you live that down, right?"

FireFox
2010-08-10, 05:25 PM
He pretends to wince. I was afraid of that. Just don't go spreading it around, all right?

happyturtle
2010-08-10, 05:30 PM
Next to the deadtimed Czernov, a deadtimed ghost appears. This post is not intended to interrupt the Druid family in any way, and simply is a placeholder until Kael returns. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 05:32 PM
Deadtime ooze self-spreads during deadtime! :smalleek:
:smalltongue:

"Don't worry. Your irrelevancy won't be imperiled by me. I haven't even told Jamie," Quinn says.

Since Jamie would tell her friends: "I really am a magical Princess!"

FireFox
2010-08-10, 05:34 PM
The Druid chuckles and tries to hug her. Thanks. We can tell her later.

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 05:39 PM
"You'll have to figure out how."
Quinn laughs, and returns Toby's hug happily!
Kissing his chin.

FireFox
2010-08-10, 05:40 PM
Maybe the next time we go there... He falls silent and stays snuggling with her as she deadtimes.

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 09:14 PM
"That would be great. I think she likes Kevin, by the way, " Quinn points out with a quiet giggle.

FireFox
2010-08-10, 09:16 PM
He's a likable kid. Toby, if she can tell, is refusing to acknowledge deeper meanings of the word. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 09:23 PM
"Yeah, and he seems pretty good too. Must get it from his parents." Quinn smirks a bit, and winks.

FireFox
2010-08-10, 09:26 PM
Toby goes stiff for a fraction of a second, then he relaxes and tries to kiss her like nothing happened. Yeah...

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 09:36 PM
Quinn notes the stiffness, but decides she isn't going to press it.
Right now. :smalltongue:
And she kisses Tobias back happily.

FireFox
2010-08-10, 09:37 PM
Toby holds her tightly. Love you, Quinn.

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 09:45 PM
"Love you too, Toby." Quinn relaxes, sighing contentedly. "So. How much more paperwork did you have to do?"

FireFox
2010-08-10, 09:47 PM
Hm? Oh, that. He nuzzles her cheek while he thinks of a response. Oh, I was just checking the forms, to make sure they wouldn't have any complications to emergency medicine...

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 09:54 PM
Good one, Toby. :smalltongue:
"Oh. Good idea." Quinn nods. "Oh, what do you know about cursed soul-eating daggers? Susan has one she needs destroyed. She suggested feeding it to a rust monster."

FireFox
2010-08-10, 09:56 PM
Hm... Soul eating daggers... Well, I hear they are awfully, uh, dangerous, so she should give it to me for... safekeeping. That one isn't as good of a lie. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 10:03 PM
Quinn gives Tobias a 'look'. Then smirks, and shakes her head.
"As if. We need to destroy it, dear. After releasing the souls trapped in it, too..."

FireFox
2010-08-10, 10:05 PM
He sighs and then starts to chuckle. Worth a try. Anyways, a high level cleric, especially of a Goddess of Death and whatnot, may be able to destroy it. Otherwise, a rust monster, sure.

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 10:14 PM
"...I could always take it to Neirian..." Quinn realises.
Of course, that could be difficult, what with semipermadeadtime. :smallfrown:
"Thanks, love." And she goes to kiss Toby again, this time more deeply. :smallwink:

Murkus
2010-08-10, 10:15 PM
Murkus walks groggily from the infirmary, deciding to leave Quinn and Tobias alone.

FireFox
2010-08-10, 10:15 PM
Toby tries to make another bid, coming up with a fib about a Druid he knows who's so powerful he can destroy artifacts, but is kissed and immediately loses his train of thought as he returns it.

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 10:22 PM
Well, Quinn and Tobias were probably in the other room. :smalltongue:

Murkus might notice Alexsandr working the garden, though.

---

Aaaand that Druid he knows would be himself, right? :smallwink:
Quinn holds the kiss, gentle but firm, for awhile, before having to breathe.
Pulling back, with one of the infirmary's lights behind her head...

FireFox
2010-08-10, 10:26 PM
Nah, he can't do that, unless it's such a weak artifact he can just melt it.

Toby sees the halo around her head, and impulsively tries to hug her again. Thanks, Quinn.

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 10:28 PM
"Eeep!"
Quinn is hugged! And hugs back, smiling.
"You're welcome. And thank you."
She assumes 'for marrying me' is what she's being thanked for.

FireFox
2010-08-10, 10:30 PM
She's right, and then some.
Toby relaxes and takes comfort in her closeness for a few minutes before coming back down to earth. So... do I want to know what trouble Jamie's gotten into now?

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 10:39 PM
"Probably not." Quinn giggles. "She's off with Nimai and Maralah, actually."
...defending Anshu's manse, but Toby doesn't need to know that.

Continuity snarls mean Quinn doesn't know Jamie's off with Charity, too. :smalltongue:

Murkus
2010-08-10, 11:06 PM
Murkus waves to Alex, walking over. He's wearing his robe again, of course, but it still has bloodstains.

The Bushranger
2010-08-10, 11:40 PM
Quinn is still snuggling Toby. :smalltongue:

And Alex, tending the roses, looks up, and nods. "Good evening," he says to Murkus.

FireFox
2010-08-10, 11:44 PM
Toby's player doesn't have a lot of time left, so they can stay snuggling.

Murkus
2010-08-10, 11:44 PM
Murkus looks tired. He's had a long day. "Yeah, hi." He pauses, unsure what to say. "It's a fine garden you have." He finally decides on.

The Bushranger
2010-08-11, 12:01 AM
And so snuggle they do, with Quinn resting her head on Toby's shoulder, closing her eyes, and looking completely at peace with the world...

---

"Thank you." Alex nods. "I do my best, even when there are...unexpected additions."
Like that pesky blue rosebush.
"I am Alexsandr Russkij, and yourself, sir?"

Murkus
2010-08-11, 12:03 AM
The cleric bows respectfully. "Murkus Aurplyr, missionary." Then he eeps a little. Perhaps he doesn't really want to discuss his profession.

The Bushranger
2010-08-11, 12:10 AM
"...I'm afraid we're not actually in the market for new gods."

"A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Aurplyr." Alex bows as well, choosing to ignore the eepage. "We don't get too many missionaries here. I presume you've already been treated for your injuries?"

Murkus
2010-08-11, 12:12 AM
"The same to you. And, uh, yes." He nods, a bit too enthusiastically. "Well, ah, I think you would get more. What with this being the Nexus, and all."

The Bushranger
2010-08-11, 12:28 AM
"I think," Alex says with a bit of a chuckle, "that, this being the Nexus, most gods seeking additional followers either do so themselves, or have their high priests here."

Or become gods here!
Like Angela. :smalltongue:

Murkus
2010-08-11, 12:30 AM
Murkus smiles. "I guess that makes sense. My, ah, God, would, but he's a bit busy at the moment..." The cleric's voice trails off.

The Bushranger
2010-08-11, 12:34 AM
Alex nods as well...then gets glommed by a deadtime ooze.

Morty
2010-08-11, 01:16 PM
A very small goblin is approaching the campsite, sticking to the shadows, with a hood over his face.

Murkus
2010-08-11, 05:19 PM
Murkus bids Alex goodbye and goes to find a cabin to meditate in.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-11, 10:28 PM
Krystal undeadtimes in the infirmary.

Back to the paperwork!

billtodamax
2010-08-12, 02:02 AM
Susan spots the goblin approaching camp and waits for him/her to arrive, leaning against a tree.

Once the goblin gets fairly close she'll approach it, smiling.

Morty
2010-08-12, 07:08 AM
The goblin runs up to Susan. It's obvious he's a child - around 13 years old. I've got a message for miss Reelshka Trollfinger, he squeaks.

billtodamax
2010-08-12, 07:14 AM
"Sure, I'll just go get her." Susan says, turning to go to her cabin. "Follow, if you'd like." She adds.

Morty
2010-08-12, 07:16 AM
The goblin child shakes his head. No, I'll just wait. In a nice, deep shadow under a big tree.
Susan will find that Reelshka isn't in the base, having gone with Charity and Nadas to the Weald.

billtodamax
2010-08-12, 07:18 AM
Susan will quickly return to the child, smiling apologetically.

"I'm sorry, Reelshka isn't here at the moment. If your message is anote of some kind, I can leave it at the lodge, or in her cabin for her." Susan says.

Morty
2010-08-12, 07:21 AM
The child is silent for a while. Sure. Here it is. He hands Susan an envelope with something written on it in Goblin.

happyturtle
2010-08-12, 09:36 AM
Roxie *POP*'s into the infirmary, looking for Quinn.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 09:37 AM
Toby undeadtimes and, with nothing better to do, goes back to looking over forms and stuff.

happyturtle
2010-08-12, 09:42 AM
Roxie flies over to Toby. "Hi! You're Mr Quinn, right?"

FireFox
2010-08-12, 09:43 AM
Uhh... I'm Quinn's husband, if you want to put it like that. He raises an eyebrow and nods. What can I help you with?

happyturtle
2010-08-12, 09:50 AM
"Do you know where she is? There's a man at NO who needs psychic help. Someone named Alek messed with his mind." Roxie says.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 09:52 AM
She's over there. He gestures vaguely into a pile of deadtime. Sorry. What can you tell me about your friend?

happyturtle
2010-08-12, 09:57 AM
"He says he's feeling urges to hurt people." Roxie says, flitting over to poke at the deadtime.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 09:58 AM
Are you sure he needs help? That sounds pretty normal to me. The Druid deadpans, keeping a perfectly straight face.

happyturtle
2010-08-12, 10:03 AM
Roxie crosses her arms and rolls her eyes. What can you expect from a man? Why Neirian's champion hadn't settled down with a nice girl....

"Well he was pretty upset and saying things like 'I think something's wrong with me' and 'this psychopath named Alek got into my head'."

FireFox
2010-08-12, 10:06 AM
Oh, well that makes sense then. He nods sagely, with the slightest ghost of a smile. Have you restrained him yet? I don't know how long it'll be until Quinn undeadtimes, and we certainly don't want him going on a killing spree.

ApeofLight
2010-08-12, 10:14 AM
Garth is currently staring at a large tree with his sword at the ready.

Garth continues to glare at the tree with a deathly glare.

*glare*

happyturtle
2010-08-12, 10:20 AM
"He's only a man. He can't be that dangerous." Roxie says. "Tell Quinn I love her!" she calls out, as she flies out the window and away.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I'll be sure to tell my wife someone else loves her. He rolls his eyes and sits back down.
Now I kinda want to go follow her to watch the schizophrenic guy go on a killing spree.

ApeofLight
2010-08-12, 10:47 AM
Garth glares at the tree with a super death glare!

Glare!

And then move!

With a single strike Garth cuts the tree clean in two. So well in fact that the tree barely even makes a rustle when it's cut.

But then a strong breezes comes by and soon the tree is falling into a clear area. Garth smiles and then begins work of cutting the tree up into usable pieces of wood with his sword.

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 01:50 PM
Marley, leaving from his cabin, heads for the infirmary.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 01:51 PM
Toby is still in the infirmary.

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 01:54 PM
Good, causes he's the person that Marley's looking for. He enters the infirmary and looks around.

"Tobias? Toby? Why can't that man stay with one name?"

FireFox
2010-08-12, 01:57 PM
Yes? The Druid looks up from whatever he's reading. And, just so you know, that's the same name. Toby is just the diminutive form of Tobias.

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 01:59 PM
"Sorry, but considering how many people there are, it gets confusing who did what."

Marley shakes his head, then refocuses on Toby.

"Would you mind answering a few questions for me?"

FireFox
2010-08-12, 02:01 PM
Yeah, it's really hard to keep track of the voices in your head when they all go by the same name, right? He deadpans jokingly. Yeah, ask away.

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 02:06 PM
"First question, was it you who asked Charity and her friend to leave a few days ago?"

FireFox
2010-08-12, 02:08 PM
No. Toby sighs and leans back. I told Charity's boyfriend that GLoG could not let him stay there if he was going to try to murder one of GLoG's guests in front of me. Why is that so hard to understand?

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 02:11 PM
"I get your point, but the guest in question was Reinholdt. Its quite understandable to want him dead. But moving on, Did you or did you not have a chance to spy on AMEN from within?"

Marley leans on his cane.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 02:12 PM
Toby laughs. Oh, sadly, no I did not. I really didn't have the patience for a deepcover operation like I've run before, so I just focused on rescuing the girl and getting out. ... His exit strategy could use a little work.

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 02:14 PM
"I see."

Marley's hands tighten on the cane.

"She was the daughter of a friend wasn't she? So, the sooner you got her out, the better?"

FireFox
2010-08-12, 02:16 PM
The daughter of our boss, actually... He scowls. And yes, who knows what those evil bastards could have done to the poor girl...

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 02:21 PM
"I do. You see, I was also AMEN's guest at the time!"

Marley's hands go white from cletching.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 02:22 PM
Toby's eyes widen in shock. What!? I... I had no idea you were in there...

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 02:24 PM
"And now you see why I'm annoyed that you didn't bother to find out what they were up to. I was there for weeks, with tubes sticking into me!"

Ya, Marley not going to be calming down for a while.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 02:27 PM
Toby starts to get the feeling that Marley may well attack him. I walked into that base, got the girl out, and then blew myself, and half the gorram base, right the Hell up! Really, it sounds to me that you had a better chance of figuring out what they were doing to you than I did!

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 02:29 PM
"Oh really, mister who could leave whenever he wanted. I was struck in a tube! Even if I learned what they were up to, I could do nothing about it!"

Really, Marley, one of the weakest members of GLoG attack the Black Fox? Toby could break him in half with ease.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 02:33 PM
Look, I truly would have tried to rescue you if if I had known you were in there. And leave whenever I wanted? The whole time I was there I had a dozen guns aimed at me! I "left" by killing myself! I'm sorry that they tortured you, but if you're going to be pissed off, why the Hell are you taking it out on me? I wasn't the one who tortured you. Go yell at AMEN.

The Bushranger
2010-08-12, 02:36 PM
...and it's at this point, that Quinn undeadtimes.
Must be all the yelling.

And clears her throat pointedly, glaring at the lotboth of them.
"I don't want to have to perform emergency surgery so early in the day, so could you please both take a deep breath for a moment?"

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 02:38 PM
"Oh yell at AMEN, that would solve the problem. And if few guns would menace the great Tobias? Your'e powerful enough to run rampant through AMEN without blowning yourself up. Oh, what's the point. I could talk at you until I'm blue in the face, and your opinion wouldn't change."

Marley turns away. After all, what's the point of talking to a possible traitor?

FireFox
2010-08-12, 02:41 PM
Marley thinks Tobias is powerful? Hah, he was only able to hurt Jack that one time because the Grinning One wasn't expecting it. The Druid is weaker than any single one of the army of Exalteds which are currently running "rampant through AMEN".
Although it is refreshing to have someone overestimate him for a change. :smalltongue:

Toby, just as pointedly, goes back to his reading and ignores both of them.

The Bushranger
2010-08-12, 02:44 PM
Quinn sighs, and shakes her head.
"So, do I even want to know what all this is about?"

Or that she's been summoned by a pixie, for that matter. :smalltongue:

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 02:46 PM
"Oh, I'm just mad with your husband here, because he didn't take the time to make sure AMEN was weaker than it is when he had the chance."

Marley still refuses to turn around.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 02:49 PM
Some pixie at NO wants your help with a member who's been hearing voices telling him to hurt people. Something about Alek messing with his head. He doesn't look up. She seems to have a very similar opinion of me as this guy here... and everybody else in the damn world. But you should go to NO and investigate.

The Bushranger
2010-08-12, 02:53 PM
Quinn only half-hears Tobias, as she puts her hands on her hips and glares at Marley.
"Excuse me? He died at AMEN, you twit. Blowing the place up. I don't know how much weaker he could have made it. I do know, however, that you're very, very close to needing a booster shot - delivered by a very large needle."

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 03:01 PM
Oops, wrong word there.

"He died there? I was tortured there! As for how he could have made it weaker, he could have taken out the cloning vault, they need that, what he blew up was fixed in days!"

Marley starts waving his cane around.

The Bushranger
2010-08-12, 03:06 PM
"Out."
Quinn points at the door to the Infirmary.
"Get out, or be sedated, your choice, because I won't have you speaking of my husband in such a manner in my presence. He BLEW. HIMSELF. UP. I'm sorry we didn't know you were in there, but that's no excuse for saying "you died, tough, you should have done more!"

...geez, somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. :smalleek:

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 03:11 PM
"Fine then. Enjoy your superiority, I'm leaving."

And off Marley goes, heading right out the main gate.

happyturtle
2010-08-12, 03:13 PM
Ironbeard manifests in front of Marley. "Where do ye be going, lad?"

The Bushranger
2010-08-12, 03:13 PM
Quinn sighs, and drops into a chair, putting her face in her hands.
"That could have gone better..."

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 03:16 PM
"Anywhere but here and AMEN. I need a drink."

Marley keeps heading for the main gate.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 03:17 PM
Toby is silent for awhile, still reading (or pretending to). Finally he speaks up. You should head over to NO. I don't even think they've got the guy restrained, and if this Alek person takes over his mind and goes around killing people...

The Bushranger
2010-08-12, 03:19 PM
"Yeah..."
Quinn stands, sighs, and...steps over to Tobias, to wrap her arms tightly around him.
"No matter what anybody else thinks, I love you, no matter what."

FireFox
2010-08-12, 03:20 PM
Toby drops the papers and hugs her back before kissing her cheek. I love you too, Quinn.

happyturtle
2010-08-12, 03:20 PM
"Have one for me, lad," Ironbeard says wistfully. "I haven't had a beer in over 200 years. And be careful. Charity won't be liking it if ye get nabbed again."

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 03:22 PM
Marley calms down a little.

"I will be. I have no desire to repeat that."

And off he goes.

The Bushranger
2010-08-12, 03:22 PM
Quinn smiles a bit, and squeezes Toby a little tighter, before letting go, giving the druid a ruffle of the hair, and then heading out in the direction of NO.

Where she'll arrive when her player returns.

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 03:59 PM
"Your wife is a lovely woman."

And stepping from a doorway, Gordon enters the room Toby is in.

"Your'e a lucky man."

FireFox
2010-08-12, 04:00 PM
Toby licks a finger and idly turns the page of his magazine without looking up. Thanks. Who're you again?

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 04:03 PM
Gordon walks over.

"Oh just the head of AMEN, paying GLoG a visit. Jack has looking forward to seeing you again."

FireFox
2010-08-12, 04:04 PM
Toby still doesn't look up, although he hesitates mid-page flip. Ah... We haven't met. I did tell Jack that I had no problem with your little tizzy with the Exalteds, so long as he stayed away from me and mine... It would be advisable for you to follow that guideline as well.

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 04:08 PM
"I'm afraid that wouldn't work for me. After all, its my duty as a friend to give you a chance."

Gordon shakes his head.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 04:13 PM
The Druid puts down the magazine to look at Gordon and chuckle. That won't work for you? I'm sorry, let me rephrase it: If you or anyone else affiliated with AMEN so much as touch any of my friends or family, I will kill you in a very painful fashion. Are we clear... pal?

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 04:16 PM
"Then you should be trying to kill me now, cause you are with AMEN yourself."

Gordon walks over to the window.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 04:17 PM
What, because I signed your little contract. He laughs and starts to clean his nails with a knife. Do I look like I'm Lawful to you? It was a trick. I beat you, get over it.

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 04:20 PM
"Oh, that wasn't a contract enforced by law, it was one enforced by magic."

Gordon turns to face Toby.

(Question, since the contract survived the explosion, would some of Toby's blood still be on it?)

FireFox
2010-08-12, 04:22 PM
Tobias yawns. Really? Magic? You don't say. Darn. It sure would be nice if I were some sort of God-fighting, powerful Druid...

Yes, there would be.

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 04:34 PM
"Oh, I think you misunderstand."

And using that blood from the contract, Gordon tries to force the blood in Toby's body to head up, basically slamming him into the ceiling.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 04:38 PM
Assuming Gordon has a way to keep the blood from ripping out the top of his head or giving him an aneurysm or what have you, Toby goes flying into the ceiling, looking extremely surprised.

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 04:41 PM
He does, what he's doing is like bloodbending.

Gordon tries to slam Toby to the floor, then into the walls.

"I hope you will see the light soon. I don't like slamming follow members around like rag dolls."

FireFox
2010-08-12, 04:43 PM
So there is basically a magical link between him and Toby's blood? Short of somehow draining all the blood from his body, Toby can't really defend against that...

So the Druid goes bouncing around. I swear to all the Gods I haven't killed yet, when everything stops spinning I will slit your throat...

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 04:47 PM
Correct.

Gordon stops slamming Toby into stuff, but keeps him in the air, and tries to keep him spinning.

"Calm down, after all, once you accept my authority, you'll be fine."

FireFox
2010-08-12, 04:48 PM
Toby keeps his dignity by not throwing up. ... Although he is considering the idea of weaponizing projectile vomit. I don't really work well with authority figures.

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 04:52 PM
"Oh I'm one that's easy to get along with. As long as you do what I say when I tell you something, I give people complete leave to do almost anything."

Gordon smiles, sooner or later, Tobias will side with him.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 05:04 PM
"Oh I'm one that's easy to get along with. As long as you do what I say when I tell you something, I give people complete leave to do almost anything."

Gordon smiles, sooner or later, Tobias will side with him.

Toby finally gets to the inevitable point where he realizes there's nothing else he can do but play along. Then I strongly suggest you think very carefully about what you tell me to do. You can't be on your guard forever. I just have to wait until you're too busy to control me. ... Speaking of controlling me, how the Hell are you doing that? Surely I can't have failed a Dominate will save...

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 05:06 PM
"That's good, I would want a worthy person to take my place as the head of AMEN. As for how, I'm not stupid so I'm not telling you."

Gordon tries to make Toby spin faster.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 05:07 PM
Toby is spun around like a top. It's a sad day, when the leader of AMEN can simply walk into GLoG and harass people without fear of reprisal...

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 05:09 PM
"For those who think themselves good, it is. Now, then, I think you should leave your wife a note, after all, you are going to be moving."

He tries to make him goes even faster, than stops the spin suddenly.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 05:12 PM
If Gordon isn't keeping tight control over all of Toby's limbs, the Druid will try to use the built up momentum to launch the knife he's holding right at Gordon's chest. If he is, then never mind.

Get to the point.

happyturtle
2010-08-12, 05:12 PM
Nurse Piper manifests in the middle of this fight. "This is inappropriate behaviour in a medical facility. Stop it at once."

She's using The Voice. If Gordon ever was a child who was scolded by an authority figure and felt frightened and ashamed, he should be reliving that now.

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 05:15 PM
And the knife goes right to Gordon, but doesn't make it past the armor under the tenchcoat.

"Cause I'm taking you to AMEN. And I see have need to keep a closer eye on you."

Gordon refocus and tries to make it so Toby can only move one arm and hand.

"I'll get you a piece of paper, and a pencil."

Gordon looks for the item he mentioned, and then the ghost shows up. While Gordon may of have been frighten in the past, shame never entered into it.

"Pardon me, but I belive I was trying to keep things civil here."

FireFox
2010-08-12, 05:19 PM
Toby uses his free hand to reach into his satchel and pull out a pen to write a note.

Dear Quinn,
An emergency came up and I'm being called away to that kingdom where we got married. It shouldn't take long to resolve, and I'll be back in a few days.

Love, Toby

happyturtle
2010-08-12, 05:19 PM
The fear should still be evoked, even if the shame isn't.

Also, I thought this was just a mental projection, per your AMEN post? How did Gordon's physical body get here? :smallconfused:

"Our medical personnel are not available for conscription. Leave at once."

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 05:24 PM
Its was mental at first, then Gordon, once he knew where he was going, used a teleporter to get here.

Wincing a little, Gordon steels himself.

"Relax, or I'll send you a place you wouldn't want to go. Coming Toby?"

Gordon tries to pull Toby along as he heads for the door, as well as trying to cut off Toby's control of his hand.

FireFox
2010-08-12, 05:26 PM
Toby leaves the note for Quinn to find, flashes what he hopes is a reassuring smile to Nurse Piper, and, while he still has control over his hand, gives Gordon the finger as he floats along behind him. Now I know what Snoopy feels like on Thanksgiving.

happyturtle
2010-08-12, 05:38 PM
Nurse Piper can do nothing to stop it but glare at Gordon disapprovingly.

GLAAAAAARE!!!!!!

ThePhantom
2010-08-12, 05:43 PM
"Relax, we do have nice fudge."

And off he goes, taking Toby with him. But since Gordon gets lost easy, its off to the outside thread, instead of AMEN.

happyturtle
2010-08-13, 08:18 PM
And the X party arrives from the Weald, definitely including Charity and Jamie, probably including Nadas and Reelshka, possibly including Reinholdt and Coralie.

Charity looks for Jamie's parents, who of course are not here.

"Ironbeard?"

The ghost dwarf appears. "Yes, m'lady."

"Can you watch over Jamie until her parents are back?"

Ironbeard bows deeply. "As you wish."

The Bushranger
2010-08-13, 08:19 PM
Jamie, meanwhile, bristles and glares at Charity plaintively.
"Why can't you just let me come along? I only want to help!"

happyturtle
2010-08-13, 08:21 PM
"Because your parents would skin me alive! And I like my skin!" :smallannoyed:

ThePhantom
2010-08-13, 08:21 PM
And at this time, Marley walks up, his hat slightly off on his head, and a bottle in one hand.

"And they nevered returned, and they nevered re*hip*turned."

Looks like he's drunk.

ApeofLight
2010-08-13, 08:23 PM
Garth is around right now and sees Jamie and Charity and co.

billtodamax
2010-08-13, 08:29 PM
The child is silent for a while. Sure. Here it is. He hands Susan an envelope with something written on it in Goblin.

((Sorry Morty, I forgot.))

"I'll leave it in her cabin." Susan says, running over to wherever Reelshka's staying, and pushing the note under her door.

The Bushranger
2010-08-13, 08:31 PM
Jamie sighs. "I guess in that case I can still be your friend..."
She says this in total seriousness.
Then gives Marley a frown.

ThePhantom
2010-08-13, 08:34 PM
"And they, oh *hip* hi."

Marley waves at Jamie.

"Having fun?"

Yep, he's drunk.

happyturtle
2010-08-13, 09:42 PM
"Right. Let's head out then," Charity says, and heads for the exit. Which means she doesn't hear Ironbeard's next words to Jamie.

"Now you, wee lass, are staying right here. I'll not be letting ye fall into AMEN's clutches like yer Pa did." Ironbeard says.

The Bushranger
2010-08-13, 09:46 PM
Jamie sighs, shakes her head, watches Charity go sadly, then looks at Marley.
"No."
She starts to trudge torwards the Infirmary...then freezes as she hears Ironbeard's words, whipping around in a hurry.
":smalleek:
Wait, what?
What?!"

ThePhantom
2010-08-13, 09:52 PM
Marley may be drunk, but somethings he still gets. His face goes pale.

"What *hic* did you say?"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-13, 09:55 PM
At this point, Krystal undeadtimes. She decides to head to the kitchen to grab something to drink.

She sees Jamie on the way. About to say hi, too, till she notices Jamie's expression.

Jamie? What's up?

The Bushranger
2010-08-13, 09:58 PM
Jamie looks at Krystal, her expression still ":smalleek:"

"Ironbeard said....said that Daddy was kidnapped..."

...now she looks like she's about to cry. :smallfrown:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-13, 10:00 PM
Krystal tilts her head a little. Kidnapped? What? That can't be right. She looks a round a little. I don't think your dad's the kind to be kidnapped without a fight. And the building's still here, so he couldn't have fought anybody.

FireFox
2010-08-13, 10:01 PM
This note is still in the infirmary.

Dear Quinn,
An emergency came up and I'm being called away to that kingdom where we got married. It shouldn't take long to resolve, and I'll be back in a few days.

Love, Toby

The Bushranger
2010-08-13, 10:08 PM
"But he said..."
Jamie runs for the Infirmary!
Where she finds the note.
And waves it at Ironbeard.
"See? What made you think he was kidnapped?"

ThePhantom
2010-08-13, 10:10 PM
Marley follows after Jamie.

"Jamie, wait! *hic*"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-13, 10:19 PM
Can I see that? Krystal points to the note.

happyturtle
2010-08-13, 10:30 PM
"Nurse Piper saw this fellow come in with a trenchcoat. Said he would force Toby to come back with him to AMEN and started slinging him around the place magically. She's quite upset about it. Says it isn't right for medics to be conscripted without notice." Ironbeard says.

ThePhantom
2010-08-13, 10:33 PM
"Tenchcoat?"

Looks like Marley's sober now, and terrified.

"That's Gordon, he's the worst of them."

The Bushranger
2010-08-13, 10:33 PM
Jamie hands Krystal the note...then looks at Ironbeard with her eyes widening once more.
"But...the note says...why would somebody..."

...once more, she looks like she's about to burst into tears.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-13, 10:35 PM
Krystal quickly moves to put an arm around Jamie.

Hey, hey. Don't worry. Let's find your mom, okay? She'll know what the note means.

The Bushranger
2010-08-13, 10:46 PM
Jamie looks worriedly at Marley, and nods to Krystal.
"Mom went to help somebody. She's, busy right now..." she says, frowning.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-13, 10:49 PM
Krystal frowns for a moment, then smiles again.

Well, let's wait for her, okay? You want something to eat while we wait?

ThePhantom
2010-08-13, 10:52 PM
Marley swallows nervously and tries to lay a hand on Jamie's shoulder.

"Well, at least your dad is tough, if any one can get away from AMEN, its him."

The Bushranger
2010-08-13, 11:11 PM
Jamie hesitates, then nods, smiling a little up at Marley and Krystal.
"I...I guess you're right. They'll regret trying!"
She then takes a deep breath. "Food would be good, yeah, I guess..."