PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Good League of Good LVII: Princess Power Trio Plus Protective Parents

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Lord Iames Osari
2010-07-29, 10:43 PM
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

If you're new to GLoG:
The Good League of Good is an ACRONYM organization devoted to the redemption of evildoers and the care and support of those in need. If you are looking to smite evil, please check out HALO.

If you are new to Acro or ffrp, please come to the Nexus OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154770) and introduce yourself first. :smallsmile:

Our IC leaders:
President: Happyturtle Amakirr (player: Happyturtle)
Vice President: Daisuke Hayashi (player: Horngeek)
Treasurer: Jazirian (player: KidKris)
Chief Warden/of Security: Susan (player: Billtodamax) and Judy (player: Lex-kat)
Heads of Pastoral Care: Quinn (player: Bushranger)

More positions open
OOC: All players are welcome to make a character to join GLoG. The post-in-ooc-thread-first request is only so we know who is around. We aren't running auditions or anything. :smallsmile:
IC: Your character may be refused entry to the premises or asked to leave if they cause trouble in-character.
Membership form:

Name:
Current Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
Desired Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
Profession:
Race:
How can you contribute to help support this organization's goals?
Any other important information:
Preferred room assignment:

((see room list and choose))

Character room assignments:
{table=head]Location|Character|Player|Room|Notes
Main Lodge|Happy Amakirr, President|Happyturtle||
|Charity Evans|Happyturtle
|Otaso|Hyozo
|Phoenix|KidKris
|Anshu|Iames
|Nimai|Iames
|Tomris Nafisim|Je dit Viola
Cabin 1|Jazirian, Khiansa|KidKris|
A|
|Susan, Head of Security|billtodamax|
C|
Cabin 2|Amadeus|Happy Days Falgorn|
A|
Cabin 3|Crodelus|Hyozo|
A|
Cabin 4|Shania|Lex-Kat|
D|broken windows
Cabin 5|Coplantor|Coplantor|
A|Visitors Cabin|
Cabin 6|Marley|ThePhantom|
A|
Cabin 7|Helykaan|Je dit Viola|
A|
Cabin 8|Koyuki|Piggyebil|
A|
|Krysta|Lex-kat|
B|
Cabin 9|Coma Nothing|Beans|
A|
|Vashal|Quinsar|
A|
|Yamako|iElf|
B|
Cabin 10|Brendan, Ashna|Bushranger, Recaiden|
A|
Infirmary|Eko|Earl of Purple|
[/table]

Each cabin has rooms A-D. The main lodge has plenty of bunk space, but there are no separate rooms.

Cabin 5 is reserved for visitors who do not want to stay at the lodge. They are requested to check in at the main lodge, where any member can give them permission to stay for a few days. Longer than that, and unless they are in need, they would be requested to either join or move to their own place or one of the local inns.

Description of the new GLoG setting:
After the original GLoG building was destroyed by an army of catpeople, the survivors took out a mortgage and purchased Phoenix Lake Campground. Facilities include the main lodge house, a bathhouse with separate male and female sections, a stable (no horses present), various picnic shelters, and a few scattered cabins. It's set in the foothills of the Acro mountains, and mainly surrounded by woods. There are many hiking trails nearby leading to mountaintop vistas, waterfalls, seacoves, and various other locations, both within this thread, and in the Outside thread. The campground is also within easy walking distance of the Taverna Generica and the city of Inside.

At the lake, there is a small dock with a little shed nearby where a few canoes and paddleboats are stored. (They probably should be inspected first before trying to put them in the water.) The swimming area has a GIANT slide and a rope swing. Because GIANT slides and rope swings are awesome. :smallbiggrin: There is also a playground under the trees, set back from the lake somewhat, and a set of horseshoe pits.

Having been built on a Generic Ancient Burial Ground, Phoenix Lake Campground is haunted by various ghosts. They are generally harmless, and for the most part glad to have some company, though pranks and hijinks may occur. Ghosts, like the drones of old, can be NPC'd by anyone. They tend to speak in Gray.

Speaking of drones, there are very few remaining, all of which are the basic hospitality drones rather than the war-ready Security drones. They can still be NPC'd by anyone, but there should never be more than one per player in the area. No more drone swarming. :smallfrown:

Surroundings:

South, by Neon Knight:
[Lake, Southern Shores]

Our descriptive tour starts here, because NK has jurisdiction here.

The southern shore is a gentle slope descending into the waters of the lake, sandy here and there, and perfect for waders and swimmers. There are no high banks along the water, which is normally quite pleasant. Being winter, of course, it is rather chilly. The foliage around the lake isn't prickly or harsh at all, and a free trees provide shade for those inclined to lounge nearby.

[South Meadow]

Immediately south of the central shoreline is a rather nice meadow. Although winter has robbed it of some joy and vitality, [South Meadow] will be a lovely spot for picnics when warmth returns, with soft grass, pretty blooms, and an arrangement of surrounding trees that lets in just enough wind to cool you off in the summer but blocks enough so that the windchill doesn't freeze you.

[South Forest]

As the tree line thickens, conifers and deciduous trees grow in thick clumps, making a patchy canopy overhead. Hiking trails wind through it here and there, but it is mostly overgrown; the southern woods are a more remote and neglected part of the campground.

The bare wooden limbs of the deciduous trees contrast sharply with the continued vitality and life of the firs and other conifers. The elevation gently slopes up the deeper south you go, wit forested hills rising and eventually the great peaks of the mountains forming the southern part of the valley.

North, by EleventhHour:
[Once in a lifetime, you get a new beginning]

GLoG, was blown apart and torn down, those who visited it mourned the loss of such an extravagant building, and for the loss of a landmark they grew up with. When they heard word of it being rebuilt, from almost the ground, people came to see, and to work. The following is an excerpt from a journal of a woman who came to see the new place...

On the northern shores of the lake, 'tis easy to see why they pick such a place. To the south it one range of mountains, sandy beaches and old forgotten trails, on the north side, things are rockier. For example, even as I write this, I stand on the head of a short cliffside some six feet above the glistening blue waters, well they are frozen over with ice at the moment, glittering in the sun, but I can imagine the summer view...

To look around, turning in an eastward fasion, it's easiest to notice the grey mountain peak of the beginning of the northern range, the massive waterfall feeding the lake shining white even from here, there are the forested groves and the low growing holly bushes, some dead for the winter, others still a vibrant green as thier sort dictates. To the north, I will have to travel through the woods, to be looking upon the sights. Coming back 'round to the west, you can see the battered place of old, where a graveyard must have stood, some pitted old pillars and laystones of granite grown over with moss, and pushed aside by saplings.

Upon starting the climb up the hillsides about the mountainous locale, I noticed that where some rockslides had taken the face away from the lower mountain revealing black, midnight cracks into the roots of the world, leading who knows where, and sealed for who knows how long. Ah! I have reached a merry pinnacle, about halfway up those imposing peaks. Oh, 'tis cold, certainly, but any who dare venture up this far are surely in for a treat of wonder. Looking down across the forest, you can see the blackened trees to the west, and the breaks in the treeline where the cabins and lodges stand empty, with the little cleared roads drawing snaked pathes between them.

Up here, you can taste the frigid air, and only the lowest growing bushes are able to grow at all. Miraculously, when I stopped in a little enclave on the side of the hill, heading back down now, there were blueberries growing! In the middle of winter, no less! Unfortunately, there was a storm brewing, and I had no time to stop and wait. One thing did catch my eye though, on the way down, that somehow I couldn't see from the peak, and I have yet to drop by the main lodge itself to see, but from here I could see a tree, massive beyond reason of twisted branches and a trunk easily as large as a house, I would say it was a blue ash, but they couldn't possibly grow so tall...

Island: (by Rebonack)
In the midst of the lake there is a small island. Getting here is a bit of a swim unless other means of transportation are available.

It's generally sandy with more than a few alder trees quite happy to take advantage of the water. Everything is powdered with a light application of snow, disturbed by only the occasional bird footprints. Isn't exactly the sort of location large animals come to.

The place is largely wooded with the occasional granite boulder sticking out of the snow, strange swirling petroglyphs etched into them. And in the middle of the island is a structure of decent size. A low, squat building of stacked stones. Looks to be a crypt of some kind.

Should one step into the barrow...

It's dark inside. And kinda wet. The walls are carved with the same odd swirling sigils that were found on several of the stones outside. In the middle of the ruin lies a huge stone table, ancient glyphs ringing the edge. The slab appears to have broken ages ago, split right down the middle. Several windows allow sunlight to filter in, causing the various stone to cast long shadows.

Or at least they do when the skylights aren't covered in snow.

Buildings:
Main Lodge: This large building contains an industrial kitchen with a cafeteria style serving area, and an open space that was once used as the dining hall. The space is warmed by a massive fireplace. Bunk beds are lined up on one end of the hall, opposite the kitchen, and a few comfy chairs and sofas are beginning to appear around the fireplace as they are procured. The building itself is made of stone.

Bathhouse: This building is divided into the men's and women's bathhouses, with entrances at either end. It has shower stalls, a line of sinks, and toilet stalls in each. By now, the shower curtains have been replaced and the whole area has been scrubbed to cleanliness and usability.

Cabins: Each cabin has 4 rooms, each with shelves and space for three bunk beds. The ones nearest to the lodge have been cleaned out and are habitable, though they lack furniture and any source of heat.

Infirmary:
The outside of the infirmary looks just like all the rest of the buildings. Nothing distinguishes it at all.

But inside, everything is white, with silver highlighting. Even though it doesn't seem possible, when looking from outside, sunlight filters inside. Giving the place a warm feeling with natural light.

A soft, soothing music filters through the whole building and words can barely be heard saying words of healing and comfort, like: "You are going to be okay." "We'll take care of you." "You are dear to us." and so on.

Each room is walled off for a limited amount of privacy, because the pixies know that humans seem to need this. Strange. But it is limited. There are no doors.

Kinda looks like this:
|_\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\_|
|__\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\|

Except the angles are more severe, so that people on the other side of the hall can't see into anyone's room. Only someone intentionally looking in, can see you.

There is also a small living area in the back which includes a small kitchen and bedroom among a few other things.

Ghosts:

{table=head]Ghost|Player|Notes
Teenage Prankster|Hyozo|Seems to enjoy tormenting Charity
Bloody gentleman|Hyozo|
Ironbeard|Happyturtle|A dwarven gentleman rake
Lady Anastasia Miranda Ophelia Stuart|Happyturtle|former royal courtesan
Nurse Piper|NPC|Former camp nurse, thinks of the GLoG infirmary as her domain
Lady Phoenix|ThePhantom|the lady in the faded red dress
Vidalia|Lex-kat|Former member of old GLoG
Heather|Happyturtle|Drowned teenage girl
Jase|Happyturtle|teenage boy
[/table]

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1001/d10/1026/f540261.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/33956942)

Attention villains:
Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story, and there isn't much to roleplay without it. However, as a player to player courtesy, please check in with the players who are active at any given time before launching an attack. Not everyone wants to roleplay combat scenes, and sometimes there are other things going on (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0497.html) that players don't want to interrupt for a random fight. Either a PM/IM to players, a short post in thread to say ((Mind if I introduce a villain here?)) or a longer post in the OOC thread if it's a larger plot is appreciated.

Also, please don't plan any villainy that will result in destroying the base or having the same effect (poisoning the lake, burning down the forest, etc.)

Base Defences:
So Khiansa goes around the grounds, casting alarm spells around the surrounding woods, and wards against the weaker classes of undead, devil or demon (eg. Those least likely to be PCs :smallwink:), weak wards to limit the strength of destructive magic, and other such weak fields of protection, in order to make things a bit safer in general, before he can eventually go back over and make stronger, more selective wards.
After setting up the wards, he'll start the considerably harder work of magically fortifying the buildings themselves, especially the lodge, weaving spells of protection and strength in between and through the building materials, so that they may better withstand attack.

NB: As part of a continuing effort to move away from DnD and become more freeform, there is no longer any inbuilt organizational capability of 'alignment detection'. Individual PCs may or may not have this ability.

[Infirmary]

Inside the infirmary, the ghost of George Shackleton, cleric of Thor, grunts in pain as he senses a strong cursed object being used nearby.

His first thought is to go and intervene, but he looks back at the sleeping Czernov. No, he can't leave him.

Instead he goes around the doors and windows, putting powerful holy spells on them that will keep anyone from entering who is carrying anything cursed or unholy. And because George is just that powerful, it will also keep them from entering via dimensional shenanigans.

Leaving the cursed item behind allows normal entry. Whether it blocks unholy or cursed PCs is left to the discretion of individual players. This would also preclude someone from pulling a cursed item out of hammerspace or a bag of holding when inside the infirmary.

Reference images:

Main lodge:
http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/img_1464.jpg

GIANT slide:
http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/historical_4.jpg

The lake:

http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/img_1545.jpg

***When this thread reaches 50 pages, anyone can make a new GLoG thread, which grants them the right to choose the title and (optional) theme song. Please be willing to keep the cabin list updated, and check that the link to the Nexus OOC thread is current. If you anticipate being away from the forums much during the lifetime of the thread (each thread usually lasts a few weeks) then please let someone else do it.***

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-29, 10:45 PM
[Inside]

"Perhaps, but I can help." Quinn smiles. "Tell me...what would you think my abilities might be, just looking?" she asks, the brown-haired, rather ordinary (yet attractive in a cute sense) young woman asks.

Krystal thinks for a moment, then shrugs a little.

Got me. Good cooking.

FireFox
2010-07-29, 10:46 PM
The Druid laughs, annoying drawn out and slowed down. And then he suddenly casts a spell to bring a blast of fire down from the sky behind him. He's trying to convey the message that he's no longer under the Slowga spell, he probably wasn't for a few rounds minutes, and that he could have blasted Jack by surprise if he wanted to. Also, the pillar of roaring fire is a rather dramatic backdrop, wouldn't you say? :smallwink::smallamused:
Well then, please, tell me who used your slimy shell for target practice. He smirks, the corners of his lips curling up dangerously. I need to buy them a drink. He pauses to give the appropriate weight to his comment before changing the subject. What do you want, Jacky?

The Bushranger
2010-07-29, 10:47 PM
[Inside]

Quinn chuckles softly. "Thanks. That too. I'm actually telepathic, a a Paladin of Freedom, and I'm also the Champion of the goddess Neirian," she says matter-of-factly, not boasting at all.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-29, 10:51 PM
Inside

Huh. The telepath part I find easy to believe. I know a few.

As for paladin and champion, I wouldn't have guessed those. Ever.

The Bushranger
2010-07-29, 11:02 PM
[Inside]

"Well, the latter wasn't exactly planned," Quinn admits. "But it's great. Neirian is a goddess of life, death, pixies, and butterflies," she explains. "The paladin bit was...helping to make up some of my youthful indiscretions."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-29, 11:06 PM
Inside

Huh. Sounds like you've led a busy life.

Me, well, simply put, I'm a mutant.

Murkus
2010-07-29, 11:06 PM
I would say that, yes.

Jack's grin shines in the light of the pillar. Well, half of it. The other half is bashed up or torn away, thanks to some laser fire.

"Oh, no one you would know. Some mooks from Watchtower decided I'd look great with a few holes."

"And what I came for, I already have. So unless you'd like to sit and exchange pleasantries, I have people to kill."

Meanwhile, to ensure it's safety, Jack drops the small letter he swindled into the Yellow Road, just in case Toby decides to use him for target practice as well.

FireFox
2010-07-29, 11:12 PM
I like you Jacky, but if you come around here again I'll make what you've got look like a harmless misapplication of makeup. And if I were you, I'd wait and rest up a bit. The only way you're going to kill someone is by scaring them to death with your ugly mug. He gives him a very slight, sardonic bow, then turns away smartly and walks back into the camp.

The Bushranger
2010-07-29, 11:14 PM
[Inside]

"Oh? I would have put you as 'human with powers'." Quinn looks a bit surprised at Krystal. "Like me. Just a different kind of magic."

Murkus
2010-07-29, 11:18 PM
I like you Jacky, but if you come around here again I'll make what you've got look like a harmless misapplication of makeup. And if I were you, I'd wait and rest up a bit. The only way you're going to kill someone is by scaring them to death with your ugly mug. He gives him a very slight, sardonic bow, then turns away smartly and walks back into the camp.

"You don't know the half of it." He remarks.

Then Jack shrugs and walks away. Hm. No sarcastic/annoying/threatening comment.

You should've seen how he looked just a few minutes ago. Bastard regenerates pretty quick.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-29, 11:20 PM
Inside

She shakes her head a little. No, it's not magical at all. It's actually genetic. Mutated genes. There's quite a few people back home like that.

Kinda frowned upon, though.

The Bushranger
2010-07-29, 11:21 PM
[Inside]

Hm, does she know Talia?

"Oh. That's too bad," Quinn says, before smiling and going to put a hand on Krystal's shoulder. "Well, you won't have to worry about that here."

If Toby enters, he gets a broad smile from Quinn.

FireFox
2010-07-29, 11:23 PM
Toby enters the building... by the same window he leaped out of before. He smiles back to Quinn, then looks at the new girl curiously.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-29, 11:28 PM
Inside

Nope. She doesn't. Yet.

She returns the smile.

Then she glances at Toby, and gives him a hesitant wave.

The Bushranger
2010-07-29, 11:32 PM
Quinn smiles. "Toby, this is Krystal, she just joined. Krystal, meet Tobias Druid, my husband."

FireFox
2010-07-29, 11:33 PM
Hullo. He returns her wave, then dusts himself off before standing by his wife.

The Bushranger
2010-07-29, 11:40 PM
Quinn smiles and steps up next to Toby, slipping her arm around his waist.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-29, 11:44 PM
Hi. She seems a little hesitant around him. Maybe cause of the fireball he threw earlier.

FireFox
2010-07-29, 11:47 PM
Toby puts his own arm around Quinn's shoulders and leans into her slightly. So, Krystal, you wouldn't happen to be... ah, here for redemption? Who wouldn't like Toby? He's all charm and smiles and kindness and poorly concealed borderline sociopathy! :smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2010-07-29, 11:49 PM
:smalltongue:

Quinn, noticing Krystal's hesitation, smiles reassuringly at Krystal.
"Don't worry, he doesn't bite..."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-29, 11:50 PM
Krystal grins at Quinn's comment, then answers Toby.

Actually, I'm here cause I wanna put my powers to use. Helping people.

FireFox
2010-07-29, 11:52 PM
Yeah? He seems ever so slightly disappointed by that. Well, that's nice, I guess. Too many "helpers", not enough Evil people for him to talk to... What made you leave? Wherever you came from, I mean.

The Bushranger
2010-07-29, 11:53 PM
Quinn rests her head against Toby's shoulder, and closes her eyes with a smile.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-29, 11:59 PM
Kind of the same reason I wanna help people. My powers.

She brings up her right hand and flicks her wrist back. A foot long crystal quickly slides out from her wrist. She leaves it there for a moment, then it slides back in.

FireFox
2010-07-30, 12:00 AM
Oh, I see. Cute. He chuckles. Looks like we have something in common then: descriptive names. He turns his head to kiss Quinn's cheek, then deadtimes.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 12:03 AM
Krystal grins. Well, my powers came after my name.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 12:05 AM
Quinn turns her head to kiss Toby's cheek back, then chuckles at Krystal. "Are you so sure? Perhaps it was destiny, or fate."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 12:07 AM
Krystal smiles. Maybe. Could've been just luck.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 12:10 AM
"Well, whatever it is, you've come to the right place to help people. Do you have any...for lack of a better term, normal talents?" Quinn asks. "All my assistants seem to, ah, not pan out."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 12:16 AM
Um...well, I can climb pretty good. I can sew. I'm okay with computers.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 12:24 AM
"...are you good with entering records into computers?" Quinn asks, hopefully.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 12:27 AM
Krystal nods.

Yeah. Long as it isn't a really complicated program.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 12:31 AM
"It isn't. Just lots and lots of papers to enter. I'd really appreciate it if you could help..." Quinn smiles, looking hopeful. "...please?"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 12:35 AM
Well, I can't say no, now can I? She smiles.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 12:41 AM
Quinn giggles a bit. "Thanks. The infirmary computer is pretty standard. You can start whenever you want. I really appreciate it..."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 12:42 AM
Krystal nods, and heads for the infirmary.

And I deadtime. Night!

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-30, 07:51 AM
An enchanted paper airplane floats around the base, looking for Daisuke. Of course, it soon detects that he's on an RL induced Hiatus, and begins looking for whoever else would have the Black Soul Eating Dagger instead. Because obviously someone has to have it.

happyturtle
2010-07-30, 11:34 AM
[Nadas's Cabin]

Reelshka, Nadas, Charity, and Edijar emerge from the portal with a bleeding Marley. As soon as they are through, Charity rips up the sketch she made, which makes the portal disappear, as well as the blindfold and manacles on the pirate henchman.

(oops)

(wouldn't the paper airplane just fly into a deadtime blob? :smallconfused:)

Morty
2010-07-30, 11:43 AM
Reelshka shakes off the confusion caused by the travel through a magic painting. Well, I think we did it.

ThePhantom
2010-07-30, 11:45 AM
Marley, still out cold, stops bleeding, and the holes from the tubes close up.

happyturtle
2010-07-30, 11:55 AM
[Nadas's Cabin]

Edijar slides Marley off his shoulder onto the floor.

Charity laughs. "We did it!" And then deadtimes with Edijar, since I don't want to godmod whether or not he was injured by the tentacle slam.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-30, 11:57 AM
((@HT: It would if Daisuke were caught in normal deadtime. The airplane is merely considering the possibility that he may have left us indefinitely. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8984488&postcount=572) I think it's not unreasonable to assume the dagger would have changed hands if that were the case. Most likely to Quinn, since that's who KR asked for in the first place before finding out she was on her honeymoon.))

UncleWolf
2010-07-30, 05:22 PM
[Nadas' Cabin]

Edijar leans over to wrap his arms around Charity and to kiss her. He winces a bit as he finds out his left wrist is sprained from the blow, and that he's starting to develop a bit of a bruise, but he's been through much worse and lived.

happyturtle
2010-07-30, 05:25 PM
[Nadas's Cabin]

"We'd better find Quinn and let her know she has a patient," Charity says, then notices Edijar's wince. "Two patients. How bad is it?"

UncleWolf
2010-07-30, 05:37 PM
[Nadas' Room]

He shakes his head a bit. "Not bad. Nothing broken." Edijar gives her a slight smile. "I'm still in good physical shape if that's what you're asking."

happyturtle
2010-07-30, 05:52 PM
[Nadas's Cabin]

Charity gives Edijar a 'behave yourself!' look. "We need to tell her about Marley anyway. I don't want you trying to lift him again." And she'll head out towards the infirmary.

[Infirmary]

Charity, presumably with Edijar alongside, looks for Quinn or Toby.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 05:56 PM
((@HT: It would if Daisuke were caught in normal deadtime. The airplane is merely considering the possibility that he may have left us indefinitely. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8984488&postcount=572) I think it's not unreasonable to assume the dagger would have changed hands if that were the case. Most likely to Quinn, since that's who KR asked for in the first place before finding out she was on her honeymoon.))

((Well, I don't think Quinn has it...
*looks at Susan*

And I need to remember Jamie is supposed to have that cursed dagger. <_<

Anyway.))

[Infirmary]

Quinn is tidying the Infirmary (presumably as Krystal converts the Infirmary into a paperless office), and thus can easily be found here. Looking up in surprise as she hears the door open!

UncleWolf
2010-07-30, 06:00 PM
[Infirmary]

Edijar gives Charity a bit of a teasing grin as they enter. He'll let her do the talking as he doesn't know very many people here.

happyturtle
2010-07-30, 06:00 PM
[Infirmary]

"Quinn, we found Marley. He's unconscious in Nadas's cabin, so I hope you have some way to move him." She glances at Edijar. "Also, my boyfriend needs his wrist looked at, once Marley's taken care of."

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 06:06 PM
[Infirmary]

"...who?" Quinn asks, Marley having slipped her mind. "I think I can handle moving him. Um, which cabin is that, if you'll lead the way?" she asks, dropping her mop and wiping her hands.

happyturtle
2010-07-30, 06:08 PM
Charity leads the way back to Nadas's Cabin, where an unconscious Marley is lying on the floor.

"AMEN had him in a giant glass thing with tubes in him."

Reinholdt
2010-07-30, 06:11 PM
Well Jamie could always take a second cursed dagger. It was so shiny and black and it whispers lovely things about eating souls! Silly dagger!
Of course, if the dagger isn't destroyed, all those people will never find peace in death.

[Nadas' Cabin]

"I am still under mild confusion how a spell designed to affect only humanoids would work on a gigantic aquatic monster." :smallconfused:
Obviously it's cause magic is all whacked out right now. And has nothing to do with the fact that Reinholdt didn't have time to add that little description beforehand. Nope.

He sits and watches Marley to ensure his condition doesn't worsen.

billtodamax
2010-07-30, 06:14 PM
((Uh... possibly? HG didn't mention anything about it I don't think.

And if so, could I have a description of said dagger? I haven't been following much.))

Ogdar the dwarf is drinking some ale by himself in the main cabin, looking nervous, still.

Come on dwarf, you've been here three days already! Most people have at least five best friends by now!

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 06:16 PM
Quinn gives Nadas, who BR doesn't think she's met, a nod, as she inspects Marley carefully. And then goes to Lay On Hands, to start the healing process, if she can.

Reinholdt
2010-07-30, 06:19 PM
Nadas talked to her and directed him to Charity! :smallfrown:

The dagger is solid black. And should not be touched with one's bare hands. It is very much a cursed dagger that should be generally kept wrapped up or something like that. Because it eats souls and corrupts whoever uses it.

If Susan decides she didn't have anything to cut her dinner with and decided to use it, then PMs or something will be forthcoming.

billtodamax
2010-07-30, 06:32 PM
Sure, that works.

An acorn falls from a tree, crushing a poor helpless ant.

EDIT: Wait, hang on, if Susan had it the only way I can see that happening is if Daisuke handed it over to her. And he'd have probably warned her about it. So she probably has it, although wrapped up in something and not being touched.

UncleWolf
2010-07-30, 06:36 PM
The ant's queen, sensing the death of a beloved worker, sends out a message through the hivemind, a message of WAR!

Slowly, the ants begin pour out of their hive and towards the tree, intending to end it's life over the next few years, savoring the near taste of sweet sapwood...

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 06:37 PM
...oh yes. That Nadas. BR remembers now!
<_<
Dang so many characters.

Quinn, after attempting the Laying On of Hands, will attempt to use Psionic Levitation to maneuver Marley to the Infirmary gently.

Frowning a little, as the act makes her remember Aurora...

billtodamax
2010-07-30, 06:41 PM
The ant's queen, sensing the death of a beloved worker, sends out a message through the hivemind, a message of WAR!

Slowly, the ants begin pour out of their hive and towards the tree, intending to end it's life over the next few years, savoring the near taste of sweet sapwood...

Alas, poor tree!

Dragged into a war from the actions of one misguided acorn!

It takes the only action now avaliable to it.

It makes an attempt on the very hive itself! Sending a root slowly towards, intent on crushing this war before it begins!

happyturtle
2010-07-30, 06:44 PM
[Nadas's Cabin]

"I can't believe we did it," Charity says, starting to get overwhelmed that she had just initiated a project yesterday that today led to someone being rescued from a horrible fate. "Nadas, Reelshka... I guess I'll meet up with you tomorrow. Thank you both so much." :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2010-07-30, 06:50 PM
[Nadas's Cabin]

"Congratulations on the initiation of a successful project. You are becoming of a fine leadership position Miss Evans. I look forward to beginning anew on the morrow." Nadas bows and turns to head to his room to study and rest.

UncleWolf
2010-07-30, 06:52 PM
Yes....poor tree. When the ants get to it, they'll begin to gnaw at the bark. It'll take a few days. The Queen, sensing the root beginning to grow towards her hive, does one of the last things a Queen can do. She sends her prize children, her "princess" ants away from the hive with an escort of drones. The three take separate paths in the air as they fly.

The immobile queen sets where she is and continues laying her eggs as she waits to be crushed.

[Nadas' Cabin]

Edijar gives a bit of a smile, a tad uncomfortable around these new people, but stays by Charity's side with an arm around her. "Yes, it did go well. I'm surprised no one got hurt."

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 06:55 PM
Quinn, meanwhile, pokes her head into the cabin as she exits with Marley.
"Congratulations, Charity." She smiles. "Mr. Edijar? I need you to return to the Infirmary with me so I can tend to your injuries."

happyturtle
2010-07-30, 06:57 PM
Charity tries to steer her boyfriend towards the Infirmary, probably over his protests.

Stepping on a line of ants as she goes.

UncleWolf
2010-07-30, 06:59 PM
The dozen or so ants are easily defeated! :smalltongue:

Edijar sighs, and lets himself be dragged along. "I'll be fine, really." he says half-heartedly.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 07:02 PM
"Perhaps, but it is better to be sure there won't be problems in the future," Quinn points out, settling Marley onto a medbed(?) before turning to Edjar, snapping on rubber glovessmiling a bit. "Now then, if you'd hold you your arm, please?"

And she'll use Medical Mumbo-Jumbo to diagnose Edjar's wrist!

billtodamax
2010-07-30, 07:03 PM
The tree's root keeps gradually moving towards the hive, as it jettisons its acorns in a desperate bid to create more trees, and to destroy as many ant invaders as it can.

But it knows this is a losing battle.

If it had a dryad, then it might be able to stand up to such a vicious onslaught.

But what's this? An ally! One who would kill ants with reckless abandon!

UncleWolf
2010-07-30, 07:09 PM
Edijar raises his arm with a sigh as he hears the magic. "It won't work. Trust me, I wish healing magic did, but I'm immune to it all." There were many times when he could have used it after all.

((Just remembered what color he actually used. >.>)

Several of the ants are hit, but they seem to have nearly endless numbers as they attack.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 07:13 PM
"...oh. Well, then, we'll have to do this the old-fashioned way, then. Or is it supposed to be the new-fangled way?" Quinn mutters, grabbing the materials to fix a splint, and pulling the X-ray machine over. :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2010-07-30, 07:21 PM
There is but one defense left for the tree now, as the ants threaten to consume it. With much deliberation it decides that it's now or never.

Not knowing whether or not it's doing the right thing or not, it drops a branch onto the horde.

A lone bark cell looks out upon the devastation probably caused by the branch.

I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-30, 08:06 PM
I guess there's a paper airplane floating around and poking Susan in the head?I'm not quite sure why Quinn wouldn't be responsible for the dagger seeing she's a Champion of a goddess who's job it is to make sure these trapped souls make their way to the proper afterlife. But hey.

billtodamax
2010-07-30, 08:10 PM
[Susan's room]

"Ow! Stop it!" Susan yells as the paper aeroplane pokes her in the head.

She tries to swipe it out of the air, and frowns at it.

happyturtle
2010-07-30, 08:15 PM
FEED IT TO THE ANTS! =D

[Infirmary]

Once Edijar's wrist is treated, Charity thanks Quinn and heads out with him. "I know this spot up in the hills a bit with an awesome view. Want me to drive?"

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-30, 08:27 PM
As soon as she touches the plane it swoops out of the way of any further swatting attempts, before unfolding into a note and falling to the ground.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 08:54 PM
I'm not quite sure why Quinn wouldn't be responsible for the dagger seeing she's a Champion of a goddess who's job it is to make sure these trapped souls make their way to the proper afterlife. But hey.

((Because it's easier to rationalise the dagger being given to Susan offscreen than Quinn, who was off on her elopement/honeymoon when the transfer took place.))

Speaking of Quinn, she makes sure to give Edijar a bottle of asprin before he and Charity leave. :smalltongue:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 09:29 PM
Infirmary

Krystal undeadtimes. And then she gets started on her new job here.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 09:33 PM
[Infirmary]

Quinn, meanwhile, having finsihed her doctor-work, appears bearing a tray with a pitcher of tea and two glasses full of ice.
"Thirsty?"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 09:36 PM
Infirmary

Krystal smiles.

Oh, thanks!

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 09:44 PM
"You're welcome."
Quinn pours two glasses of sweet tea.
"So. I was thinking, maybe you could tell me a bit more about yourself?" she asks.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 09:52 PM
She takes her glass, sips from it, then nods.

Sure. What do you wanna know?

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 10:04 PM
"Well...whatever you're comfortable telling," Quinn says with a shrug. "What made you decide to come here, primarily. Or was it an accident? Lots of people wind up in the Nexus that way."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 10:06 PM
Well...*sip*I didn't really come to Nexus on purpose. But, I'd been traveling around for about a year. I kinda ran from home. The area kinda frowned at my presence. Cause of the whole mutant thing.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 10:14 PM
Quinn nods, resting her chin on her hands. "That's sad. I know a lot of people even here tend to look down on goblins and kobolds. But they're not lower, just different. Jamie's is friends with a goblin girl who lives here, and she's nice."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 10:21 PM
Krystal nods a little.

I mean, I kinda understand why people don't like us. They fear us. I mean, we got these powers, and they don't. And some mutants...well, they're not very nice. And that helps make more fear.

She takes another sip.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 10:31 PM
"...ah. So there's some where, you use your powers responsibly, but others use them for personal gain? I guess any group of people will be like that." Quinn sighs.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 10:33 PM
Krystal nods. And most humans back home don't seem to understand that. Or, maybe they don't want to. They just see the ones doing bad, and assume the rest of us will.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 10:43 PM
"Guilt by association, combined with fearing the unknown. A nasty combination." Quinn sighs, shaking her head. "Wonder how they'd react if I showed up with a flock of pixies to set them straight?"
She can't help but giggle a little at the thought.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 10:46 PM
Krystal smiles, and laughs a little.

Best guess would be rockets. Lots of rockets.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 10:50 PM
"Pfft. Like they could...er, well, I am kind of accident-prone. Oh well. It was a good thought." Quinn chuckles, then turns back serious. "So, how did you get here, anyway?"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 10:53 PM
Well, the few days before I noticed I was here, I had been walking everywhere. So, I must've walked into a warp hole or whatever at some point. Didn't even notice it till I was already through.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 11:04 PM
"Portals. They're a pretty common cause of peoples' arrival." Quinn nods.
"Them, and PLOT holes."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 11:10 PM
Krystal tilts her head a little. PLOT holes?

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 11:20 PM
"Holes in the Panreality Logarithmic Oscillation Template," Quinn explains. "...and I have no idea what that means either. Just that if you drop into one you fall out into another reality."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 11:27 PM
((...did you think that one up? Also, sorry bout the slow posting. Working on some homebrew stuffs.))

Krystal seems a little lost at the technical words.

Uh-huh. I guess that works.

She takes another sip.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 11:30 PM
((I'd like to say yes, but I can't. That came from some very silly Doctor Who-based fiction (http://www.ttrarchive.com/). And no worries. I'm probably not on much longer tonight anyway...))

"Well, anyway. I'm glad you found your way here. You should know though, that people who arrive in the Nexus? They hardly ever get to leave." Quinn pauses. "I guess it's like the Hotel California."

Or a Roach Motel. :smalltongue:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 11:32 PM
...I prefer Hotel California. Much better guitar.

Krystal nods a little. I don't think that'd be too bad.

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 11:35 PM
"It takes some getting used to. But it's pretty nice."
Quinn blushes a little.
"Especially after you've met somebody..." She gets a bit of a dreamy look, clearly thinking about Toby. :smalltongue:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 11:39 PM
Krystal smiles a little.

How long have you two been together?

The Bushranger
2010-07-30, 11:42 PM
"We've only been married for a couple of weeks," Quinn says softly, sipping her tea. "But we've been engaged for quite awhile. And we have a daughter, Jamie."

((and I'll be back tomorrow to continue the conversation. Good night!))

KerfuffleMach2
2010-07-30, 11:47 PM
((Nighty night!))

That's sweet. How old is she?

billtodamax
2010-07-31, 12:36 AM
As soon as she touches the plane it swoops out of the way of any further swatting attempts, before unfolding into a note and falling to the ground.

She attempts to pick up the note irritably and read it.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-31, 01:13 AM
The note is a note, and says this:

Found a possible way to destroy the Black Dagger. Try stabbing a rust monster with it. I suggest psychics or levitation, so you don't end up touching it. Keep in contact.

-WATCHTOWER

billtodamax
2010-07-31, 01:34 AM
"O...kay then." Susan says. "I'll need to get Quinn." She ponders for a moment.

"Okay, that'll be the easy part, on second thoughts. Where the hell am I gonna find a rust monster?"

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-31, 01:51 AM
The note... has no answer to that question. What did you expect? It's just a note.
You could always try the Weald. <.<
Rust Monsters are obviously jungle creatures after all. You can tell by the sand colored carapace and the wide, splayed feet. >.>

billtodamax
2010-07-31, 02:05 AM
"Dammit, you're holding out on me!" Susan then beats the note into submission, and forces it to tell her what she wants to know.

Susan then pulls out her list of locations* and searches through it for likely places for a rust monster to hide.

Or for it not to hide, and to try and kill her, which she finds much more likely.

*Equivalent of a map.

Reinholdt
2010-07-31, 07:18 AM
"Dammit, you're holding out on me!" Susan then beats the note into submission, and forces it to tell her what she wants to know.

Susan then pulls out her list of locations* and searches through it for likely places for a rust monster to hide.

Or for it not to hide, and to try and kill her, which she finds much more likely.

*Equivalent of a map.

I'd go with the Weald.
Or the Bestiary in Inside if it's still open, but I have no idea if Rebo posts or not.
So... choose the Weald. Nothing can go wrong there! Not with all this random magic leakage everywhere. Nope.

Morty
2010-07-31, 09:21 AM
Reelshka undeadtimes near the Infirmary, still elated by their success.

UncleWolf
2010-07-31, 12:24 PM
FEED IT TO THE ANTS! =D

[Infirmary]

Once Edijar's wrist is treated, Charity thanks Quinn and heads out with him. "I know this spot up in the hills a bit with an awesome view. Want me to drive?"

Edijar smiles and leans forward to kiss her, passing her the truck keys. "Anywhere you want."

happyturtle
2010-07-31, 12:47 PM
They get in the truck and pull out, Charity stalling the engine a couple of times.

Sometime later, brightly colored fireworks explode over the campsite.

UncleWolf
2010-07-31, 01:36 PM
When the branch falls to the ground, it easily crushes a few hundred ants, but more pour out in seemingly endless numbers as they try to devour the tree.

However, the branch is able to strike a deadly blow. It's hard fall shakes the ground beneath it, loosening a pebble above the Queen. The part of the mosaic she ordered made falls, crushing her.

Her mental cry for help ends suddenly, severing her connection to her three princesses, leaving them alone to make their own way.

And their own Hives.

billtodamax
2010-07-31, 04:54 PM
All that can be done, now has.

The tree readies itself for an incredibly slow death by ants. It has lost this battle. But others shall continue the war! No ant shall be safe from the might off trees, ever again!

FireFox
2010-07-31, 09:14 PM
Toby is hanging around the infirmary.

The Bushranger
2010-07-31, 11:03 PM
((Nighty night!))

That's sweet. How old is she?

"Mentally and physically? Twelve. But she's gone through Accellerated Growth Syndrome," Quinn explains.

...then spots Toby and sends a winning smile at her husband.

FireFox
2010-07-31, 11:05 PM
Toby smiles back at her, looking rather bored.

The Bushranger
2010-07-31, 11:17 PM
And Quinn stands, crossing over to wrap her arms around Toby.
"Hello there, love..." she says, smiling up at him. "Did you have fun with fireballs today?"

FireFox
2010-07-31, 11:18 PM
The Druid hugs her back. Nah, he ran away and didn't even fight...

The Bushranger
2010-07-31, 11:25 PM
"See? He's scared of you." Quinn chuckles and squeezes him tighter before letting go. "So, then. Do you have any plans for the evening?"

FireFox
2010-07-31, 11:26 PM
Toby just rolls his eyes, chuckling slightly. Nope, you?

The Bushranger
2010-07-31, 11:36 PM
Quinn shakes her head.
"Non whatsoever. Except perhaps a nice, quiet dinner together? While I try to wrap my brain around the fact I'm Acting President here now, basically?"

FireFox
2010-07-31, 11:37 PM
Ooh, that sounds lovely. Let's just sit and eat and wait for the power to corrupt you, eh? He grins and waggles his eyebrows devilishly at her.

The Bushranger
2010-07-31, 11:42 PM
"I wasn't planning on eating Power Bars for dinner," Quinn answers, sticking her tongue out in a most immature fashion at her husband. :smalltongue:

FireFox
2010-07-31, 11:47 PM
You know what they say, dear: Absolute power corrupts absolutely. He tilts his head off to the side and stares into space contemplatively. But the Sims does a pretty good job.

The Bushranger
2010-07-31, 11:54 PM
"...I don't want to know what you mean by that, do I?" Quinn asks, shaking her head bemusedly, before taking Toby's arm and trying to pull him torwards the kitchenette. :smalltongue:

FireFox
2010-07-31, 11:55 PM
Toby just winks at her and allows himself to be pulled along.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 12:04 AM
Quinn, for her part, tries to push him into a chair before starting to cook!
Bacon and eggs.

FireFox
2010-08-01, 12:04 AM
Toby is pushed down, and watches her happily as he teases. Oh, you can cook too? Boy am I glad you made me marry you.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 12:15 AM
"I know how to chase you around the kitchen with a skillet, too," Quinn teases back with a grin. "Or a rolling pin. And I'm sure it's such a hardship for you, being married to me..."
Sizzle sizzle goes the bacon!

FireFox
2010-08-01, 12:17 AM
Well, some may say the punishment doesn't fit the crime, but I for one will take my penance stoically. He grins, leaning as far back away from her in his chair as possible.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 12:22 AM
Quinn sticks her tongue out at him again, as she starts dishing up the food. "Love is the crime, the sentence, house arrest?" she asks, straight faced...for about two seconds. Before giggling.

FireFox
2010-08-01, 12:29 AM
Toby laughs and takes his dish. You're certainly the best parole officer I've ever had, hun.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 12:36 AM
"Good boy," Quinn teases, taking a seat herself right next to him, and snuggling up to Toby's side. "Now eat up, and we'll discuss your restitution later."
And she winks, before digging in.

FireFox
2010-08-01, 12:39 AM
Toby puts an arm around his wife and tries to feed her with the other hand.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 12:48 AM
Quinn smiles, and happily allows her husband to feed her, daintily accepting the morsels.

FireFox
2010-08-01, 12:51 AM
Toby keeps gently nuzzling and feeding Quinn.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 12:53 AM
And Quinn will be quite content to continue in this fashion, until all of the food is gone. At which point she leans against Toby's side and closes her eyes, a small, content sigh escaping her.
"I don't wanna go back to work..."

FireFox
2010-08-01, 12:55 AM
Toby tries to pull her right into his lap for a hug. I love you, Quinn.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 12:59 AM
And Quinn settles sideways across his lap, returning the hug and tucking her head under his chin, smiling even as her heart melts once more.
"I love you too, Toby. Forever and always."

FireFox
2010-08-01, 01:01 AM
Toby holds her tight and relaxes completely, humming a little happily.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 01:02 AM
And he'll soon find Quinn drifting off to peaceful sleep in his lap, the humming acting like a lullaby.

Morty
2010-08-01, 10:05 AM
Reelshka undeadtimes, fishing in the lake. Or trying to, at any rate.

Reinholdt
2010-08-01, 03:39 PM
[Nadas's Cabin]

Some weird magical aura thing seems to have popped up surrounding Nadas' Cabin. It's not actually visible to the naked eye.

Those who approach the cabin may feel rather sleepy.
The closer they get, the sleepier they'll probably feel.
And going inside will likely knock you out cold for a long nap.

ThePhantom
2010-08-01, 03:57 PM
[Infirmary]

Marley wakes up, screaming.

"AAAAAAA!!!!!"

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 04:02 PM
[Infirmary]

Charity, who was stopping by the infirmary before going to meet up with Nadas and Reelshka, hears Marley scream and comes running. "Marley! Are you okay?"

Morty
2010-08-01, 04:04 PM
[Infirmary]

Reelshka comes running to the infirmary as well.

ThePhantom
2010-08-01, 04:10 PM
[Infirmary]

Looks like Marley reacting to what they did to him at AMEN.

"ARRG! My hands! Stop with the electricty!"

Yah, Gordon did a real number on him, its just his healing factor keep most of the results from being visable.

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 04:16 PM
[Infirmary]

"Marley! You're safe! You're at GLoG now!" Charity says, trying to put a hand gently on his face to try and get his attention. "You're safe."

ThePhantom
2010-08-01, 04:18 PM
[Infirmary]

Marley is still screaming, but he's starting to calm down.

"AAAAHHH! The pain! what? Arghh! Charity?"

Marley's eyes refocus on the present.

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 04:21 PM
"Yes, it's me. Do you need painkillers? I can get Nurse Piper in here."

Yes, for a good cause, Charity will face the dreaded Nurse Piper.

It has to be a [I]really good cause though.

ThePhantom
2010-08-01, 04:22 PM
"Yes please. Everything hurts."

And with that, Marley falls back onto the bed.

"Ow."

Morty
2010-08-01, 04:23 PM
[Infirmary]

Reelshka winces at the screaming, laying her ears down. Then she deadtimes.

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 04:24 PM
Nurse Piper is summoned, and puts in a morphine drip. Poor Marley... another needle. :smallfrown:

"You're safe now," Charity says again, taking his hand if he'll let her.

ThePhantom
2010-08-01, 04:27 PM
Marley's not really any shape to do much, so Charity holds his hand. He winces as Nurse Piper puts in the needle.

"Sso, mind telling about thing while I playing [I]guest to psycopaths?"

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 04:32 PM
[Infirmary]

"I'm not sure how long you were gone. Deadtime makes it hard to track people. But AMEN kidnapped the children here, then after they were rescued, they used some kind of horrible lava weapon to destroy a slaver's camp. Now the Exalted have gone after them to try and shut them down, or at least destroy the lava weapon." Charity says. She won't tell him about the apocalypse stuff because she isn't aware of that. "There's some sort of weird stuff going on with magic though. It's becoming a lot more powerful."

ThePhantom
2010-08-01, 04:37 PM
[Infirmary]

"I think I was there longer. I was lead to the volcano by what I thought was a little girl and her dad. Turns out they were more than that. They were AMENites. They knocked me out, and then I woke up, just in time for their boss to celbrate their base begin back on me."

Marley shudders, Gordon wasn't gentle, experimenting to see what a person can live rarely is.

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 04:49 PM
[Infirmary]

"They're monsters," Charity says. "Especially Gordon. I hope Anshu and the others are successful."

ThePhantom
2010-08-01, 04:54 PM
[Infirmary]
Marley tries to pull Charity closer.

"You have barely any idea how bad he can be."

Marley's eyes are wide open, and he's sweating from fear.

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 04:56 PM
[Infirmary]

Charity hugs Marley tightly. "I'm sorry. We should have found you sooner. I'm so sorry."

ThePhantom
2010-08-01, 04:58 PM
"Not your fault. Youn't a member, how could you know."

You know, isn't this the part when Nurse Piper says for people to get out?

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 05:09 PM
Quinn and Daisuke ordered her to allow visitors, so she's just looking on disapprovingly.

The pain killers should be kicking in now. There's a little push button thing for Marley to add more if he needs them.

Charity starts to say that she actually is a member, but decides it doesn't really matter. "Is there anything I can get for you? Anything I can do to help?"

ThePhantom
2010-08-01, 05:11 PM
"Just make sure that themajsjskfsg."

Looks like pain killers make Marley inable to talk.

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 05:13 PM
"Don't worry. I won't let them get to you," Charity says. "I'm going to disguise you to look like someone else so they won't recognize you. Is that okay?" She looks to see if he nods.

ThePhantom
2010-08-01, 05:14 PM
Marley nods, and mimes writing something.

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 05:15 PM
Charity gets him a pen and paper.

ThePhantom
2010-08-01, 05:19 PM
Marley starts writing and handle the note to Charity.

Make sure he doesn't find you. He's quite angry at you, and some kid named Vincent. If he get his hands on either you or this kid, what he did to me will look like he he hit me with a ruler.

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 05:24 PM
Charity gets the :smalleek: face. "I guess I'd better disguise myself too." She goes to get her paints and easel, and sets up in the infirmary, which prompts an argument with Nurse Piper, but Charity holds firm because she doesn't want to leave Marley unguarded.

As she starts to paint, she asks, "Did you learn anything else? Anything that might help stop them?"

While she was getting her paints, she sent a text to Edijar saying she hopes he stops by again today. She'll tell him the bad news in person.

ThePhantom
2010-08-01, 05:28 PM
:smallannoyed:

Marley writes more.

I spend most of my time there in a tube. Out cold, for which I am glad. But I did learn one thing, Magtok is working with him.

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 05:31 PM
Charity drops her paintbrush.

"WHAT?!"

ThePhantom
2010-08-01, 05:33 PM
He dropped in one day. Came and saw me. They were planning on using me to power some weapon thing.

Marley write this, and drops into sleep.

(Be back soon)

McBish
2010-08-01, 05:45 PM
Adam Nevil sits on top of his trailer staring up at the sky wondering if he is any closer to finding his answers that he has been looking for all his life.

UncleWolf
2010-08-01, 05:48 PM
[Infirmary]

Edijar, not having gone too far, was easily able to turn around to get back to GLOG. It only takes a moment for him to figure out where Charity is and finds her. "Everything Okay?"

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 05:51 PM
[Infirmary]

"Marley says that Gordon is after me, as well as someone named Vincent." She takes a deep breath. "And Magtok is working with them too. We need to go pull Sunny out."

UncleWolf
2010-08-01, 06:13 PM
[Infirmary]

Damn. Edijar just can't get a break, can he? Well, a chance to rest anyways. He nods as he absorbs it all. "Alright, just let me grab my gear this time around."

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 06:14 PM
[Infirmary]

"Okay. I'll finish Marley's witness protection program disguise while you do," she says, giving him a quick kiss, and returning to her painting.

UncleWolf
2010-08-01, 06:26 PM
[Infirmary]

Edijar smiles and gives her a squeeze before leaving to get his things from their cabin.

happyturtle
2010-08-01, 06:29 PM
[Infirmary]

Charity paints, giving Marley a completely different appearance. His build is the same, but she changes his age, facial structure, coloring, and so on, getting input from Marley as she goes. (which means Phantom can decide what his new appearance is)

------

And sometime later, after leaving a note for Quinn warning her to keep Marley safe, she heads out with Edijar.

Reinholdt
2010-08-01, 07:32 PM
Look at that. Reinholdt the beat up approaches, heading towards the Main Cabin and knocking. In particular he's looking for Quinn or Tobias.

He doesn't really know where else to turn for this glyph problem.

FireFox
2010-08-01, 08:54 PM
Toby, who woke up from his chair-nap with Quinn earlier today, sees Reinholdt and approaches, trying to figure out when the last time he saw him was. All I think he's heard is that the cat tried to end the world, then changed his mind and saved it. Or something.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 08:57 PM
Quinn, meanwhile, is busy working in the Infirmary. Sorting potions, now that her excuse with the paperwork is no longer valid. :smalltongue:
And, having read Charity's note, is keeping an ear out for trouble.

Reinholdt
2010-08-01, 09:01 PM
And then somehow or another ended up at GLoG and scolded that Exalted for trying to use Jamie as bait together. And then Tobias saved him from that crazy dryad's tree. And they were going to go beat up Ebon Mirror, but things interfered.

"Tobais! Hi. Long time no see." Reinholdt holds out the hand that isn't holding the crutch to offer to the druid to shake. "Doing well?"

FireFox
2010-08-01, 09:04 PM
Oh! I remember that now. Geez, I must be getting old; my memory is as porous as a cliched joke... :smallyuk:

Toby shakes his hand, looking him over curiously. Hey Reinholdt. I'm doing better than you, it seems. Did you get the license plate number of the truck that hit you?

Reinholdt
2010-08-01, 09:09 PM
"Eh heh heh..." Reinholdt winces. He didn't look good at all did he?

"Well... the leg and the eye are cause of an old friend who wanted to steal my face, but he got the boot. Magtok and his girlfriend are responsible for the bullet holes in my stomach and shoulder. And Watchtower got the back of my neck and electrocuted me. It was more of a pileup than anything else."
But he's moving! That's what matters!
Anything you can crawl away from.

"Jamie staying out of trouble?"

FireFox
2010-08-01, 09:12 PM
Toby chuckles a little. It's not often he meets someone with as many enemies as himself, or more. Okay, take a seat and let me fix you up... He starts preparing to heal him and shrugs at his question. Well, I haven't seen her in a few hours, so... probably not.

Reinholdt
2010-08-01, 09:17 PM
"Kids." He shakes his head, thinking for a bit, but passing that by quickly enough.

"I've already been fixed up. Technically. Kinda sorta. But actually there was another reason why I'm here. Watchtower stuck a nice little present on me." He pulls his shirt down a bit over his shoulder to reveal a glyph of ash tattooed on his shoulder.

"Anti-magic. I can't even access my basic weaponry with this thing on." He might have had something hidden on his person, but it's basically been a jump from one prison to the next, so didn't really get time to hide anything before he got glyphed.

"You think you or Quinn could get it off?"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 09:19 PM
Krystal, the thief of Quinn's paperwork excuse, undeadtimes in the infirmary.

FireFox
2010-08-01, 09:20 PM
I'll try. He... he didn't even hesitate. Toby... are you sure you want more enemies here? Is this some kind of jealousy, that just because Rein is a target of WATCHTOWER, you have to be too? I don't know, whatever.

Toby reaches out to touch Reinholdt's shoulder and see if he can trace the tattoo backwards and magically remove it. Would taking off the skin where the tattoo is and then growing a new dermal layer work either? :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-08-01, 09:27 PM
I'll try. He... he didn't even hesitate. Toby... are you sure you want more enemies here? Is this some kind of jealousy, that just because Rein is a target of WATCHTOWER, you have to be too? I don't know, whatever.

Toby reaches out to touch Reinholdt's shoulder and see if he can trace the tattoo backwards and magically remove it. Would taking off the skin where the tattoo is and then growing a new dermal layer work either? :smalltongue:
People jealous of the amount of enemies Rein has. That's a new one. :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt did actually consider that second option as a last resort in case he couldn't find someone to do it.

And it might work! Probably. I think it may be up to Kid Kris, but he did mention that most mages should be able to take care of it. I presume that means druids too. Perhaps.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 09:27 PM
And Krystal might spot Quinn inventorying the potions. :smalltongue:

FireFox
2010-08-01, 09:28 PM
Hah, yeah, Toby's just weird like that. :smalltongue:

Well, Toby can't really do conventional arcane magic, so I guess I'll wait for KK's verdict.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 09:28 PM
She does.

Are there papers for those, too?

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 09:32 PM
"Hm? Oh, hello, Krystal. No papers for these, I keep the inventory in my head," Quinn explains with a smile.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 09:35 PM
Ah, She nods a little. I'd never be able to do that. Too much stuff to remember.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 09:38 PM
"It's one of the benefits of being a telepath - I have a very good memory," Quinn explains. "Of course, sometimes such a good memory can be a curse, as well."

Reinholdt
2010-08-01, 09:40 PM
Hah, yeah, Toby's just weird like that. :smalltongue:

Well, Toby can't really do conventional arcane magic, so I guess I'll wait for KK's verdict.

*sends him a PM*

*fills the time with idle chatter*
"So what have you been doing while I've been gone?"

ApeofLight
2010-08-01, 09:42 PM
Garth is outside the main lodge whistling while he whittles away at some wood.

FireFox
2010-08-01, 09:42 PM
Well, Daisuke's daughter got kidnapped by AMEN, and I had to join the group and get them to trust me long enough to let the girl go. Then, instead of leading the Exalteds into a trap like they wanted me to, I blew myself and half their base up and had Quinn rez me. He grins, a trifle insanely. After that I got married and had a short honeymoon. What about you?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 09:45 PM
"It's one of the benefits of being a telepath - I have a very good memory," Quinn explains. "Of course, sometimes such a good memory can be a curse, as well."

Oh. Kind of a double-edged sword, huh?

Reinholdt
2010-08-01, 09:51 PM
"Oh not much to tell. Went on a trip into a mountain dungeon with girls that were gems and ran into a nightmare fey who I may have accidentally released. Also found this cursed dagger that eats souls. Didn't touch it of course, but I brought it back here, then went out to find a way to destroy it. Got caught by one of Calublufiok's old henchmen, the Admiral, who stole my body for personal use and got a hold of the dagger, using it liberally. AMEN showed up and started wrecking the town. You know that Exalted we were going to kill? Ebon Mirror? Guy gave me a spinal tap or something. Well I managed to partially escape before running into Magtok and his catgirl. Watchtower ended up with me though. Woke up, learned my son was taking over hell, got electrocuted, paralyzed, glyphed, and interrogated. They finally let me go, and here I am."
Reinholdt hates his life.
But dang if it isn't always exciting.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 09:52 PM
[Infirmary]

Quinn nods in agreement. "Yeah. Sometimes it's really easy to be remembering something I'd rather not remember. Although sometimes, it helps me remember something I should, even when I don't want to."

FireFox
2010-08-01, 09:53 PM
Wow, you've certainly been through a lot... Toby frowns sympathetically. ... Then double takes. Wait, your son is taking over Hell?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 09:56 PM
[Infirmary]

Quinn nods in agreement. "Yeah. Sometimes it's really easy to be remembering something I'd rather not remember. Although sometimes, it helps me remember something I should, even when I don't want to."

Krystal nods a little. Not really having much else to say on that, she changes subjects.

So, what can you do? I mean, like, do you have powers or anything?

Reinholdt
2010-08-01, 09:57 PM
"It's just what I've heard. And why so many people are strapping me in chairs and asking me questions."

Reinholdt frowns. This whole mess was just one big mistake of his coming back to haunt him. "I'm not particularly proud of it. I mean, I would have preferred if he just got a few A's on his report card." Nor does he particularly like the topic. He thinks it a mistake to have mentioned that.

"Where'd you go on your honeymoon?" Look! It's a blatantly obvious attempt at changing the subject!

FireFox
2010-08-01, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I get it... Oh, I took Quinn to a little place on the beach of my small country that I'm king of. ... Huh. He tried the whole week to keep Quinn from finding out he's a king. Guess he must really want to impress Reinholdt. Admittedly, "My son took over Hell and is coming to destroy the multiverse" is a hard act to follow. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 10:06 PM
[Infirmary]

"Well, yes, actually. I do have a number of psionic abilities," Quinn explains, taking a seat. "Healing, defensive, and offensive. In addition, being a paladin, I can use scrolls of divine magic," she explains.

Reinholdt
2010-08-01, 10:06 PM
Poor Tobias. You finally meet someone who may very well be more psychotic than you on a grander scale and it's giving you inferiority complexes.

I love these two. :smallbiggrin:

"Oh, you're a king? That's... nice. That makes Quinn queen now doesn't it?" Former Prince Reinholdt is only mildly impressed.

"Wait. How do you run the country from here?" :smallconfused:
If he can run the country from here, that is pretty impressive.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 10:12 PM
[Infirmary]

So...only paladins can use those scrolls?

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 10:18 PM
[Infirmary]

Quinn shakes her head. "Paladins, clerics, druids, favoured souls - they're all users of divine magic, so all know how to use the scrolls. Along with a few other types of magic-users."

FireFox
2010-08-01, 10:21 PM
Poor Tobias. You finally meet someone who may very well be more psychotic than you on a grander scale and it's giving you inferiority complexes.

I love these two. :smallbiggrin:

"Oh, you're a king? That's... nice. That makes Quinn queen now doesn't it?" Former Prince Reinholdt is only mildly impressed.

"Wait. How do you run the country from here?" :smallconfused:
If he can run the country from here, that is pretty impressive.

They're great. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, it does. He shrugs and leans back. I've got a good prime minster to run the boring stuff, and I pop in every few weeks or so to make sure it's developing how I want it to. Once the army is built up and has trained with some of my... tricks and tactics, I plan on using it to kick some serious butt.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 10:24 PM
[Infirmary]

She nods a little. Oh. So, I'd probably be out, then.

Reinholdt
2010-08-01, 10:25 PM
"Good help is worth the price. But why? Are you at war with someone?" Reinholdt tilts his head in curiosity and thought.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 10:25 PM
[Infirmary]

"For now, yes. However, if you chose to become a cleric, you would gain the ability to use them," Quinn explains. "You could also train to be a druid or paladin, however both of those are more difficult. Favoured souls are chosen by the gods."

FireFox
2010-08-01, 10:27 PM
Not yet. Toby grins at him. See, my little kingdom shares the continent with a bunch of corrupt nations, dealing in slaves, oppressing peasants, engaging in generic acts of evil empiry... So I can use a great army to bring peace and stability to everyone. Also, he idolizes Alexander the Great to a slight degree...

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 10:27 PM
[Infirmary]

Hmmm...I might consider that in the future.

What about, like, a sorcerer? I know of a really powerful one back home. He's a nice guy.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 10:31 PM
[Infirmary]

"Sorcerers are born with their magic, or at least have it in their blood," Quinn says, looking curious. "It's possible to learn spells as a wizard, though."
Or bargain to become a warlock, but she doesn't suggest that.

Reinholdt
2010-08-01, 10:37 PM
Reinholdt is silent for a bit.
"Be careful with campaigns for peace. They often require nothingness and massacres and are in a sense, self-defeating. All the same I could not imagine turning a blind eye to those injustices either. If you need help when the time comes, I would be willing to assist. I make a decent spy, a good assassin, an excellent thief, and an extraordinary prisoner."

FireFox
2010-08-01, 10:40 PM
I am aware of the risks, and will do my best to avoid them. He nods and reaches out to, gently, grab Reinholdt's shoulder. Thank you, I do appreciate the offer.

Reinholdt
2010-08-01, 10:47 PM
Reinholdt does his best not to shudder under touch.
He nods. "So long as you are aware."

"I should probably grab some rest. Even with magical healing, wounds like these probably need sleep. Guest cabin still open?"

FireFox
2010-08-01, 10:48 PM
Yeah, call me if you need any more help. Toby scrutinizes him, silently agreeing that he probably just needs to rest.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 10:49 PM
[Infirmary]

"Sorcerers are born with their magic, or at least have it in their blood," Quinn says, looking curious. "It's possible to learn spells as a wizard, though."
Or bargain to become a warlock, but she doesn't suggest that.

Really? Cause, I think the one I know learned most of his stuff from somebody else.

Reinholdt
2010-08-01, 10:50 PM
"Of course. I suspect I'll be around more." When he's not drinking himself to death in a tavern or meeting masochists and starting a club.

"Have a good night."

Reinholdt heads off to the guest cabin to deadtime.

ApeofLight
2010-08-01, 10:52 PM
Garth continues to whittle away at a piece of wood while he whistles and sits upon the front porch of the main cabin.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 10:54 PM
[Infirmary]

Really? Cause, I think the one I know learned most of his stuff from somebody else.

"Well, if you have the ability in your blood, but don't know that it's there, you can learn it from somebody else," Quinn explains. "Would you mind if I cast a quick spell on you? It won't be harmful, it will just let me know if you hae any magical potential."

FireFox
2010-08-01, 10:54 PM
A masochist club? Well, sign Toby up for that! :smallsigh::smalltongue:

Night. Toby watches him walk away, then nods to Garth as he takes out his pipe.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 10:58 PM
[Infirmary]

"Well, if you have the ability in your blood, but don't know that it's there, you can learn it from somebody else," Quinn explains. "Would you mind if I cast a quick spell on you? It won't be harmful, it will just let me know if you hae any magical potential."

Uh...sure!

Does it indicate anything else, perhaps?

ApeofLight
2010-08-01, 10:58 PM
Garth nods back and his whistling stops. " Hello there, don't think we've been properly introduced. I'm Garth. " He says not looking from the piece of wood he has in his hands as he carves at it with a knife.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 11:03 PM
[Infirmary]

Quinn smiles, and casts a Detect Magic spell.

It'll tell about anything magical, but that's about it. :smalltongue:

FireFox
2010-08-01, 11:05 PM
I'm Toby, Druid. He fills his pipe with tobacco, tamps it down in the bowl with a thumb, and lights it with a match. Medic. Pleased to meet you.

ApeofLight
2010-08-01, 11:08 PM
" As it is to meet you as well. Soldier and hunter would be my professions by the way. " He says as his knife bites into the wood and takes a particularly large chunk out of it.

KerfuffleMach2
[Infirmary]

Quinn smiles, and casts a Detect Magic spell.

It'll tell about anything magical, but that's about it. :smalltongue:

Ah, well, in that case, it'll show she's been around magic, but she isn't magical at all.

FireFox
Yeah? You get much call for those round here? He asks curiously.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 11:15 PM
Well, it would. Except BR forgot that the Nexus' magic is supercharged, and Quinn didn't know before casting...

...she does now, though.

"YAHHHHHH!!!!" Quinn screams, throwing up an arm in front of her face, tipping her chair over backwards, and dispelling the spell!

[i]Whump!

ApeofLight
2010-08-01, 11:17 PM
Garth chuckles. " Well to be more specific, I'm an ex-soldier and currently an evil dragon hunter adventurer. "

FireFox
2010-08-01, 11:18 PM
Really? Toby would ask if he's hunted any dragons recently, but a deadtime ooze grabs him suddenly.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 11:18 PM
Infirmary

Krystal jumps a little when Quinn yells. Then gets up when she falls.

Quinn! You okay?

ApeofLight
2010-08-01, 11:21 PM
Really? Toby would ask if he's hunted any dragons recently, but a deadtime ooze grabs him suddenly.

Garth nods. " Yep, really. " He says and continues to whittle as the deadtime claims Toby.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 11:21 PM
[Infirmary]

"The brightness...everywhere..." Quinn whimpers, still with a hand over her eyes. "Healing potion...top shelf...no wait...better not...help me up?"

And she reaches out to be helped up.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 11:26 PM
Brightness?

Krystal will grab her hand and help pull her up.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 11:31 PM
Quinn stands, and blinks muzzily as she lowers her hand, her pupils fully dilated, as if she'd been blinked by a sudden bright light.
"Magic...everywhere. Overpowering," she explains, shaking her head. "Something happened somehow and the background magic blinded me..."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-01, 11:34 PM
Huh. Krystal thinks for a moment.

Maybe my powers reflect magic?

They don't.

Deadtime.

The Bushranger
2010-08-01, 11:37 PM
(('night!))

"No, no, not at all...it's just, everywhere. It's not you."
Quinn sighs, and slumps into a chair until her eyes return to something approaching normal.

billtodamax
2010-08-02, 05:04 AM
Susan's looking for Quinn in the infirmary at the moment, still needing to ask her about hunting down a rust monster.

Reinholdt
2010-08-02, 02:33 PM
[Nadas's Cabin]

Some weird magical aura thing seems to have popped up surrounding Nadas' Cabin. It's not actually visible to the naked eye.

Those who approach the cabin may feel rather sleepy.
The closer they get, the sleepier they'll probably feel.
And going inside will likely knock you out cold for a long nap.
Various wildlife can be seen outside Nadas' cabin, sleeping. Bugs, birds, squirrels. Even a raccoon.

KK said divine magic seems to be it's weakness, so at this point I'll presume the glyph has been removed successfully. Reinholdt leaves to head to Trog's, not bothering to get magical help for his injuries even though the glyph is gone.

Butler approaches GLoG, whistling happily.

The Bushranger
2010-08-02, 03:18 PM
Susan's looking for Quinn in the infirmary at the moment, still needing to ask her about hunting down a rust monster.

Quinn can still be found here, rubbing her eyes and still half-blind from her ill-advised Detect Magic.

---

Alex, meanwhile, is busy tending the rose garden. Including that pesky blue rose.

Reinholdt
2010-08-02, 03:37 PM
Butler goes up to Alex, and his player doesn't remember who that even is!

"Hi sir. How are you today sir?"

The Bushranger
2010-08-02, 03:41 PM
Alex (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8629688&postcount=35) is the drow- and brass dragon-blooded member of the Russkij family who is paired off with Alexis (no, not that Alexis, that Alexis!), and therefore doesn't often emerge to be played due to her permadeadtime/NPC-dom. :smallfrown:

Anyway. He looks up, and blinks in surprise.
"...Butler? Aren't you supposed to be, I don't know, dead or something?"
...I bet Butler gets that a lot. >_>

Reinholdt
2010-08-02, 03:44 PM
Every day.
"I am sir. But they needed me to balance the see-saw sir. There wouldn't happen to be one here would there sir?"

The Bushranger
2010-08-02, 08:59 PM
((Gah. Sorry I missed this earlier.))

Alex blinks, then remembers...ah yes, one must speak in Butler-isms.
"Er...no. There's a Giant Slide, but no see-saw, I'm afraid."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-02, 09:56 PM
Krystal undeadtimes.

Um, are your eyes okay now?

The Bushranger
2010-08-02, 10:03 PM
"Almost. I think."
Quinn rubs her eyes again
"That was...certainly unexpected."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-08-02, 10:07 PM