PDA

View Full Version : Glasses and Monocles [3.5]

Temotei
2010-07-29, 11:34 PM
How much would they cost if they provided no mechanical benefit? I couldn't find anything on either.

Rixx
2010-07-29, 11:40 PM
Draw them on your character profile picture; nobody will ask how you got them.

Temotei
2010-07-29, 11:41 PM
Draw them on your character profile picture; nobody will ask how you got them.

They're for disguises, actually. Having a few different pairs of each might help with a disguise. :smallamused:

So, free? :smallcool:

tyckspoon
2010-07-30, 12:21 AM
Depends on whether or not you want anything actually in the frames and what quality material you want in there if so. If you had lenses that were actually of use for vision correction, well.. based on the exorbitant cost of the spyglass, you'd probably be looking at 100+ GP. If you're leaving them empty or filled with a couple bits of cheap glass that hopefully don't change the light too much... it's just whatever it takes to have somebody bend some bronze/copper/brass/whatever into the right shape, which should be relatively cheap, and I would probably just say a few such sets of glasses are part of any standard Disguise Kit.

SocratesOnFire
2010-07-30, 12:26 AM
Concurs with tyckspoon.

BooNL
2010-07-30, 12:46 AM
Getting shaped lenses for your glasses would be a bit... useless anyway as you can't see anything when you wear them!

I imagine DnD glasses wouldn't be as sophisticated or expertly crafted as our modern glasses, so most of them would have very thick lenses.

Rixx
2010-07-30, 12:48 AM
They're for disguises, actually. Having a few different pairs of each might help with a disguise. :smallamused:

So, free? :smallcool:

Free with the purchase of one disguise kit!

Starfols
2010-07-30, 01:00 AM
I would say glasses could be included in a courtiers, nobles or certain artisans outfits. It's an accessory, so it could be added to the outfit without much fuss.

You should upgrade to an artificer's monocle shortly after, though. Free identify! :smallbiggrin: