PDA

View Full Version : E6 Optimization challenge

Tyndmyr
2010-07-30, 01:27 AM
Based on the "kill a balor with an E6 party" challenge, in which a wild variety of nasty parties were designed, I can't help but wonder just how sickening an E6 party can get. So...lets see how brokenly powerful you can do it.

Rules: Use the "E6 party vs Balor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160998) rules", please.

Your opponents will be faced in the following order. They do not have advance knowledge of your tactics unless an ability would reasonably give them such. You may rest as long as you like between adversaries.

Silver Dragon, Very Old(CR 21)
Solar(CR 23)
Titan(CR 21)
Tarrasque(CR 23)
Gold Dragon, Great Wyrm(CR 27)

Whoever kills their way furthest wins. In the event of a tie, whoever made it to that point the swiftest is victorious.

jseah
2010-07-30, 01:54 AM
How optimized are the encounters? Do they have time to prepare?

Solars and GW Gold Dragons have 19-20th level spellcasting. It's hard to see how anyone would survive those without 7th level spells at least.
- Solar also has wish and PW:Kill 1/day, plus SM7 at will.
Titans get SM9 and Gate. Plus some very nasty SLAs.
If there is time for these three to get their stuff together beforehand, there's no way you'll survive them. Even 20th level characters have problems winning against a properly prepared Gold Dragon. (see Against the Dragon)

VO Silver Dragon has 13th level casting. Still nasty but beatable by action economy/surprise blasting.

I think you should put the tarrasque as the first challenge since that appears the easiest to my eyes.
All that takes is a flying party with lots of blasting potential. Artificer gets metamagic spell trigger at level 6 *hint*

dextercorvia
2010-07-30, 08:47 AM
I'm in. Does the party need to have a certain makeup? I assume 4 characters.

Human Paragon 3
2010-07-30, 09:08 AM
For simplicity sake, I suggest using the exact same rules as the e6 vs. Balor contest.

Tyndmyr
2010-07-31, 03:09 PM
I'm in. Does the party need to have a certain makeup? I assume 4 characters.

That's actually a good idea, Juris. I'll edit the original post to reflect that.

Jseah, In the interests of giving all parties a fair crack at killing as many opponents as possible, lets say that the pc's can select the order in which they attempt to kill the monsters. That way, regardless of which monsters are easiest for a given optimization strategy, no strategy has an unfair advantage.