PDA

View Full Version : Truly, That Was BAD.

Pages : [1] 2

Lord Loss
2010-07-30, 10:25 AM
Here's a place to discuss and list some of the worst movies you've ever seen. Not a place for just plain old bad, but the truly horrible.

Mine: AVH, Ultraviolet.

shiram
2010-07-30, 10:42 AM
The opus of mister Holland

Douglas
2010-07-30, 11:47 AM
The opus of mister Holland
What.:smallconfused:

I've seen Mr. Holland's Opus, and while I wouldn't call it a great movie it is definitely not bad.

Cristo Meyers
2010-07-30, 12:07 PM
Truly bad: Final Destination 3, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Duplicity

Final Destination 3 managed to remove all the humor that kept 2 good. It was just plain cringe-worthy. Wolverine...well, all I can say is Toon Metal Claws. Duplicity was like sitting down and watching a married couple argue for 2 hours, complete with the uncomfortable feeling.

The list gets cut down sharply when I remove movies that, while not actually bad, I just never saw what everyone else is seeing (the primary example there being Inception).

Dr.Epic
2010-07-30, 12:15 PM
Truly bad: Final Destination 3, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Duplicity

Yes, X-Men Origins was horrible: bad plot, they destroyed the concept of Deadpool, horrible CGI. bad characters, and mostly it was just a way to show Wolverine being bad ass (which is what I thought the first three films did).

Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor: bad acting, bad plot, bad special effects, and Jet Li, a skilled martial artist only gets like two scenes where he breaks out the ass whooping.

shiram
2010-07-30, 12:21 PM
What.:smallconfused:

I've seen Mr. Holland's Opus, and while I wouldn't call it a great movie it is definitely not bad.

That movie was way too long and plainly uninteresting. My experience of it was worsened when someone threw a stink bomb during the 20 first minutes, so we had 2 hours of a boring story, and horrendous smell.

Mr. Scaly
2010-07-30, 12:26 PM
Kaww...a film where crows or ravens or whatever eat cows infected with mad cow disease and then go on a killing spree in a local small town. Yeah.

VanBuren
2010-07-30, 12:27 PM
Worst movie I ever saw? The Master of Disguise. I was 12, so I didn't know any better at the time.... but wow.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-30, 01:03 PM
Here's a place to discuss and list some of the worst movies you've ever seen. Not a place for just plain old bad, but the truly horrible.

So bad it's good, or just plain bad.

Douglas
2010-07-30, 01:10 PM
That movie was way too long and plainly uninteresting. My experience of it was worsened when someone threw a stink bomb during the 20 first minutes, so we had 2 hours of a boring story, and horrendous smell.
Ok, so the story was not the kind that you like, and you had the misfortune of someone pulling a stupid prank at the same time. That is very different from the story actually being bad or poorly told, and the stink bomb is unfortunate but completely unrelated to the movie itself. Yes, the story is rather more mundane and lower-impact than most modern movies, particularly action movies, but that just means it's in a different genre, not that it's actually bad.

You are perfectly justified in stating that you were not interested in the movie's subject matter, but that is a very different statement from saying that the execution of that subject matter was bad, and I take issue with the latter statement. Mr. Holland's Opus is the life story of a teacher who learns to love his job, and the impact he has on the lives of his students and his community, and while the nature of such a story may not hold your interest I maintain that it is well told.

For a movie to actually be BAD, either the story must be inherently terrible (rather than merely not matching your interests) or the execution of it must be poorly done. For example, The Core (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Core). The central framing premise places realistic science in a strong central role, and it's supposedly set in near-present-day Earth, but all the science they show in the movie is notable primarily for how egregiously WRONG it is. The premise itself is scientifically absurd, and throughout the movie they keep bringing up new bits of science only to get something new horribly wrong, yet there is no hint of irony in any of it so it seems all the dreadful idiocy is meant seriously.

Chambers
2010-07-30, 01:25 PM
The Movie That Must Not Be Named. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190374/)

shiram
2010-07-30, 01:34 PM
Ok, so the story was not the kind that you like, and you had the misfortune of someone pulling a stupid prank at the same time. That is very different from the story actually being bad or poorly told, and the stink bomb is unfortunate but completely unrelated to the movie itself. Yes, the story is rather more mundane and lower-impact than most modern movies, particularly action movies, but that just means it's in a different genre, not that it's actually bad.

You are perfectly justified in stating that you were not interested in the movie's subject matter, but that is a very different statement from saying that the execution of that subject matter was bad, and I take issue with the latter statement. Mr. Holland's Opus is the life story of a teacher who learns to love his job, and the impact he has on the lives of his students and his community, and while the nature of such a story may not hold your interest I maintain that it is well told.

For a movie to actually be BAD, either the story must be inherently terrible (rather than merely not matching your interests) or the execution of it must be poorly done. For example, The Core (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Core). The central framing premise places realistic science in a strong central role, and it's supposedly set in near-present-day Earth, but all the science they show in the movie is notable primarily for how egregiously WRONG it is. The premise itself is scientifically absurd, and throughout the movie they keep bringing up new bits of science only to get something new horribly wrong, yet there is no hint of irony in any of it so it seems all the dreadful idiocy is meant seriously.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. :smallwink:

The Glyphstone
2010-07-30, 01:38 PM

The D&D movie sits firmly in the realm of So Bad It's Good. Jeremy Iron's eyebrows and their chief henchmen, Blue Sno-cone Lips, really stole the show.:smallamused:

The made-for-TV sequel is just thoroughly mediocre though.

Marnath
2010-07-30, 01:38 PM
I liked X-men: origins :smallfrown:
I agree that Core is dumb, espescially at the end where they self destruct the modules... it survives at the core of the earth but conventional explosives rupture it? Lol whut?
My vote for worst/lamest movie is The Last Starfighter.

Mx.Silver
2010-07-30, 02:22 PM
+1 X-men origins

Worst movie I ever saw? The Master of Disguise. I was 12, so I didn't know any better at the time.... but wow.

Oh gods, why did you have to remind me of that?. That was dire.

Other terrible films: Epic Movie, Mama Mia, Meet the Fockers,

Athaniar
2010-07-30, 02:26 PM
And I liked The Last Starfighter. Opinions are fun.

As for bad movies, I tried to watch Eragon, but I just couldn't continue. Same with Alone in the Dark. I knew they didn't have a good reputation when I started watching, and the reputation was correct. As for a movie with (somewhat) good reputation that I didn't like, 2001.

EDIT: And Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. I don't know why I even watched it. The first AvP wasn't that bad, but AvPR (Aliens vs Public Relations?) was a mess.

shiram
2010-07-30, 02:39 PM
The Spirit was pretty awful.

Athaniar
2010-07-30, 02:57 PM
The Spirit was pretty awful.
That's another movie I tried to watch, but didn't continue with. It just didn't interest me.

Winter_Wolf
2010-07-30, 02:59 PM
The Spirit was painfully bad, but I have a worse one: Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. If I had been driving that day, I would have walked out of the movie. I've sat through a lot of bad movies, but this for me is the definitive "so bad it's terrible" movie. This is one of only two times in my life where I honestly wanted to get up and get the hell out. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby was better than Walk Hard. By a LOT.

Mx.Silver
2010-07-30, 03:02 PM
That's another movie I tried to watch
Why? No really, why?

Tirian
2010-07-30, 03:12 PM
The Spirit could have been a lot better than it was, that's true. Actually, the same could be said of The Shadow. Heh, maybe The Green Hornet will complete the trifecta.

Cristo Meyers
2010-07-30, 03:13 PM
I honestly thought The Spirit had a kind of goofy charm to it. It certainly wasn't the worst of movies we went to see that summer (that honour goes to Duplicity)

The Glyphstone
2010-07-30, 03:16 PM
I've heard Legion falls squarely into this category.

Athaniar
2010-07-30, 03:44 PM
Why? No really, why?
I usually like comic book movies (even though I haven't ever read this particular comic), Samuel L Jackson was in it, that guy who made 300 made it... It sounded like fun. It wasn't.

snoopy13a
2010-07-30, 05:25 PM
The worst movie I've ever seen was Bounce.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-30, 05:45 PM
I thought Transformers was pretty bad.

thompur
2010-07-30, 05:48 PM
Pluto Nash... I win.

Syka
2010-07-30, 06:21 PM
Pretty much anything made to debut on SyFy.

As for theatrical releases, I actually could not stand Brokeback Mountain.

Now, I love the actors. Heath Ledger was one of my favorite actors (since Knights Tale), Jake Gyllenhal is normally very good, etc. And, well, they did the best they could.

It was slow paced, uninteresting, and frankly I didn't feel well developed. I know it got lots of accolades, and it deserved them for the cinematography. But storywise it was just...dragging. I watched it with four others of varying movie tastes. ALL of us sat through it only because we kept thinking it'd be over soon (when you are, literally, 15 minutes in and thought in all seriousness that it was an hour...that's bad).

And I'm not a picky movie person. I will watch most stuff, even bad movies. This was just painful. It's not like I didn't like the story even. The execution was just horrendous. If they'd retooled the script, it could have even been an interesting story.

In all honesty...having worked at a movie store when it was released on DVD, I didn't speak to one 'average' person who liked it. To this day, I haven't encountered someone who liked it.

Platinum_Mongoose
2010-07-30, 06:28 PM
I did not watch Mamma Mia, per se, but I was doing other stuff in the room while it was on. I consider this experience detrimental to my overall quality of life.

Syka
2010-07-30, 06:31 PM
Oh, and New Moon. I didn't see any of Twilight, but I saw a decent amount of New Moon since I was on my desktop while my mom watched it.

I didn't like the books, but I was going to give the films a fighting chance since my mom rented it anyway.

Once again, I like at least of the main actors in almost everything else I've seen him in (Pattison).

I cringed. I got about 15 minutes through and just settled for snatches through out while I browsed the internet. The acting was just...wooden. It also seemed like they didn't do much adapting to movie version which isn't really good. Novels generally need to change in order to make a good movie.

Kris Strife
2010-07-30, 06:32 PM
Does it have to be ones we've seen or just ones we know to be bad?

Athaniar
2010-07-30, 06:54 PM
Pluto Nash... I win.
I didn't find it to be that bad, to be honest.

Mr. Scaly
2010-07-30, 07:35 PM
The new A-Team. God, I was so bored watching that movie. I predicted everything that happened.

And sadly from what I hear it's exactly like the TV show.

Kris Strife
2010-07-30, 07:41 PM
The new A-Team. God, I was so bored watching that movie. I predicted everything that happened.

And sadly from what I hear it's exactly like the TV show.

No its not. Mr. T even publicly denounced it for not being like the TV show.

Mr. Scaly
2010-07-30, 07:56 PM

Oh! Thank God. ^^

Murkus
2010-07-30, 08:20 PM
The Box. God, that movie... two hours of my life I'll never get back. The plot was a jumbled mess of incomprehensible butcherings containing various bits of science fiction and conspiracy theories, mixed in with some mediocre acting and perhaps the outright worst ending I've ever seen.

toasty
2010-07-30, 10:29 PM

For the record, he hasn't seen the movie, so he can't really talk.

He was also talking more about the violence, and the outright, obvious, death of at least one person, versus say, the plot or the outrageous action scenes.

For the record, I liked that movie.

Turcano
2010-07-30, 10:38 PM
The closest I've come to seeing a truly terrible movie (as opposed to seeing a recap or something) is when my old roommate put Wing Commander on when I was in the next room doing something else. God damn, that movie was stupid.

Jimorian
2010-07-30, 10:48 PM
Highlander II: The Quickening and Highlander: The Source.

The original Highlander was very good, Highlander III: The Final Dimension was an OK return to form after 2, and Highlander: Endgame was a very good combination of the movie and TV franchises. But 2 and The Source are just abominations that not even fans can abide. :smallyuk:

Ravens_cry
2010-07-30, 11:07 PM
The closest I've come to seeing a truly terrible movie (as opposed to seeing a recap or something) is when my old roommate put Wing Commander on when I was in the next room doing something else. God damn, that movie was stupid.
Heh, yeah, that was pretty darn bad. Which was too bad, as most of the Wing Commander games I've played were pretty good story wise as well as gameplay.

Marnath
2010-07-30, 11:14 PM

The original Highlander was very good, Highlander III: The Final Dimension was an OK return to form after 2, and Highlander: Endgame was a very good combination of the movie and TV franchises. But 2 and The Source are just abominations that not even fans can abide. :smallyuk:

I'm a fan of all of these movies for the very reason that they're terrible: they make awesome comedy material if you can let yourself forget that they aren't supposed to be funny. Also, i don't really think the storylines are so contriv...*is shot*

Brewdude
2010-07-30, 11:27 PM
I LIKED Pluto Nash.

The Spirit, though, was unwatchable. One of very few movies that I've walked out of.

Gimliggamer
2010-07-31, 12:11 AM

Mine: AVH, Ultraviolet.
Eragon. Has to be one of the worst movies I've seen. Evar.

Cespenar
2010-07-31, 12:59 AM

Deja vu! Oh, and I agree, if that's not clear.We already had a thread like this, see, and said the same thing there too.

Platinum_Mongoose
2010-07-31, 01:14 AM
Oh. Right. Hey. Eragon. Yeah. That.

UnChosenOne
2010-07-31, 01:17 AM
Starship Troopers II was the second most horrible film that I've watched. The "honor" of being worst film that I've ever seen belongs to the Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus.

Zeta Kai
2010-07-31, 01:27 AM
Below is a handy list of 191 films that are so awful that they will lessen the quality of life of whomever watches them. Enjoy?

Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls
Adventures of Captain Zoom in Outer Space, The
Air Bud
Air Bud: World Pup
Aladdin: The Return of Jafar
Alien Resurrection
Anaconda
Archies: Return to Riverdale
Armageddon
Bad Taste
B.A.P.s
Batman & Robin
Batman Forever
Battlefield Earth
Best of the Best 2
Best of the Best 3
Billy Madison
Blackula
Blood Sucking Freaks
Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Breakdown
Captain America
Captain America 2: Death Too Soon
Career Opportunities
Cars That Ate Paris, The
Cave Dwellers
Class of Nuke ‘Em High
Clifford
Cocoon 2: Return to Earth
Coffy
Con Air
Congo
Critters 2
Critters 3
Critters 4
Crow, City of Angels
Dante’s Peak
Darkman II: The Return of Durant
Darkman III: Die Darkman, Die
Daylight
Death of the Incredible Hulk
Deep Blue Sea
Demolitionist, The
Die Harder
Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead
Double Dragon
Dracula: Dead & Loving It
Epic Movie
Eragon
Ernest movies (except “Ernest Goes to Camp”)
Event Horizon
Evil Dead
Executive Decision
Fair Game
Final Destination 2
Fist of the North Star (live action)
Flintstones, The
Free Willy 2
Free Willy 3: The Rescue
The Frighteners
Full Frontal
Glen or Glenda
Godzilla
Goldeneye
Goulies
Gremlins 2: The New Batch
Hell Comes to Frogtown
Highlander II: The Quickening
Honey, I Blew Up the Kid
Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves
Howard the Duck
Hulk, The
I Know What You Did Last Summer
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
Independence Day
Island of Dr. Moreau, The
Ishtar
It Takes Two
Jack Frost (horror)
Jack Frost (comedy)
Jaws 3
Jingle All the Way
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
King Arthur
Krippendorf’s Tribe
Ladybugs
Langoliers, The
Legally Blonde
Leprechaun
Leprechaun 2
Leprechaun 3
Leprechaun in Space
Leprechaun in the Hood
Logan’s Run
Lord of Illusions
Lost World: Jurassic Park
Mac & Me
Mad City
Maid to Order
Mangler, The
Mannequin 2: On the Move
MANOS: The Hands of Fate
Man’s Best Friend
Maximum Overdrive
Meet Wally Sparks
Memoirs of an Invisible Man
Metro
Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Movie, The
Mimic
Mod Squad, The
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
Mr. Nanny
Mutant
MVP: Most Valuable Primate
My Bloody Valentine
No Holds Barred
Once Bitten
Operation: Dumbodrop
Orca
Pearl Harbor
Pest, The
Phantom, The
Piranha 2: The Spawning
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Popcorn
Prancer
Prom Night
Prom Night 2
Prom Night 3
Punisher, The
Rabid Grannies
Redneck Zombies
Relic, The
Return of the Incredible Hulk
Return of the Living Dead
Return of the Living Dead 2
Return of the Living Dead 3
Robocop 3
Rock, The
Romy & Michelle’s High School Reunion
Scream
Scream 2
Scream 3
Screamers
Sgt. Kabukiman, N.Y.P.D.
Shadow, The
Shaft
Short Circuit 2
Showgirls
Sidekicks
Skinheads: The Second Coming of Hate
Sleepwalkers
Slumber Party Massacre 2
Soul Plane
Spawn
Species
Species 2
Species 3
Speed 2: Cruise Control
Star Kid
Starship Troopers
Starship Troopers 2: Rise of the Federation
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Star Trek: Generations
Steel
Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot!
Street Fighter
Suburban Commando
Super Mario Bros.
Supergirl
Superman III
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Thinner
Three NiJNas High Noon at Mega Mountain
Thunder in Paradise
Toxic Avenger, The
Toxic Avenger II, The
Toxic Avenger III, The
To Wong Foo: Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar
Turbo: A Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Movie
Under Siege 2: Dark Territory
Urban Legend
Urban Legend 2
Vampire in Brooklyn
Warriors of Virtue
Wild Things
Wing Commander
X-Men 3: The Last Stand
Zeus & Roxanne

Kris Strife
2010-07-31, 01:37 AM
That's the American Godzilla movie, right?

Lyndworm
2010-07-31, 01:51 AM
Below is a handy list of 191 films that are so awful that they will lessen the quality of life of whomever watches them. Enjoy?

Air Bud
Alien Resurrection
Anaconda
Armageddon
Bad Taste
B.A.P.s
Batman & Robin
Batman Forever
Battlefield Earth
Best of the Best 2
Best of the Best 3
Billy Madison
Blackula
Blood Sucking Freaks
Breakdown
Captain America
Career Opportunities
Cars That Ate Paris, The
Cave Dwellers
Class of Nuke ‘Em High
Clifford
Coffy
Con Air
Congo
Critters 2
Critters 3
Critters 4
Crow, City of Angels
Dante’s Peak
Daylight
Deep Blue Sea
Demolitionist, The
Die Harder
Double Dragon
Epic Movie
Eragon
Event Horizon
Evil Dead
Executive Decision
Fair Game
Final Destination 2
Flintstones, The
Free Willy 2
The Frighteners
Full Frontal
Glen or Glenda
Godzilla
Goldeneye
Goulies
Hell Comes to Frogtown
Honey, I Blew Up the Kid
Howard the Duck
Hulk, The
Independence Day
Ishtar
It Takes Two
Jack Frost (horror)
Jack Frost (comedy)
Jaws 3
Jingle All the Way
King Arthur
Krippendorf’s Tribe
Ladybugs
Langoliers, The
Legally Blonde
Leprechaun
Leprechaun 2
Leprechaun 3
Leprechaun in Space
Leprechaun in the Hood
Logan’s Run
Lord of Illusions
Mac & Me
Mad City
Maid to Order
Mangler, The
Man’s Best Friend
Maximum Overdrive
Meet Wally Sparks
Metro
Mimic
Mod Squad, The
Mr. Nanny
Mutant
My Bloody Valentine
No Holds Barred
Once Bitten
Orca
Pearl Harbor
Pest, The
Phantom, The
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Popcorn
Prancer
Prom Night
Prom Night 2
Prom Night 3
Punisher, The
Rabid Grannies
Redneck Zombies
Relic, The
Robocop 3
Rock, The
Scream
Scream 2
Scream 3
Screamers
Sgt. Kabukiman, N.Y.P.D.
Shadow, The
Shaft
Short Circuit 2
Showgirls
Sidekicks
Sleepwalkers
Slumber Party Massacre 2
Soul Plane
Spawn
Species
Species 2
Species 3
Star Kid
Starship Troopers
Steel
Street Fighter
Suburban Commando
Super Mario Bros.
Supergirl
Superman III
Thinner
Thunder in Paradise
Toxic Avenger, The
Toxic Avenger II, The
Toxic Avenger III, The
Urban Legend
Urban Legend 2
Vampire in Brooklyn
Warriors of Virtue
Wild Things
Wing Commander
Zeus & Roxanne

I agree with a startling number of those movies. I think a lot of them are so bad that they're good, though. I liked;
Anaconda
Billy Madison
Con Air
Critters 2-4
Dante's Peak
Deep Blue Sea
Die Harder
Godzilla (I assume we're talking about the one with Matthew Broderick)
Honey I Blew Up the Kid
Howard the Duck
Jack Frost (horror)
Krippendorf's Tribe
Legally Blonde
Leprechaun
Maximum Overdrive
Orca
Short Circuit 2
Spawn,
Stop or My Mom Will Shoot!
To Wong Foo; thanks for everything, Julie Newmar
I also legitimately enjoyed;
Alien: Resurrection
Armageddon
Congo
Gremlins 2
Independence Day
Lost World: Jurassic Park (I'm surprised the third one didn't make it to your list, though)
Mimic
Relic, the
Species (though I agree about the sequels. Did you know that there was a 4th?)
Starship Troopers
So there. :smalltongue:

Gorgondantess
2010-07-31, 01:53 AM
Hey, I liked Bad Taste! It's a comedy, and it's pretty bloody brilliant, if you ask me.:smallbiggrin:

bluewind95
2010-07-31, 01:53 AM
*snip*

But I liked some of those. :smallfrown:

Anyways.... for me... bad movies.... Ace Ventura and Austin Powers. And Final Destination. And Dr. T and the Women. And Notting Hill.

Serpentine
2010-07-31, 02:28 AM
For example, The Core (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Core). The central framing premise places realistic science in a strong central role, and it's supposedly set in near-present-day Earth, but all the science they show in the movie is notable primarily for how egregiously WRONG it is. The premise itself is scientifically absurd, and throughout the movie they keep bringing up new bits of science only to get something new horribly wrong, yet there is no hint of irony in any of it so it seems all the dreadful idiocy is meant seriously.Ugh. There were one or two bits that were kind of cool (giant thunder eggs!), but there was one in particular... I had finished a class that included stuff about bird navigation not long before I saw it, so the whole bird thing really got to me. "Birds use the planet's magnetic field to navigate... so if that's disrupted they'll run into things!" No. They will end up in Norway instead of Alaska, sure, but once they're there they'll use their eyes to find their way around. You know, those things on their heads? Remember how birds aren't blind? That stuff?
The Box. God, that movie... two hours of my life I'll never get back. The plot was a jumbled mess of incomprehensible butcherings containing various bits of science fiction and conspiracy theories, mixed in with some mediocre acting and perhaps the outright worst ending I've ever seen.Ha! :smallbiggrin: My Boy fully agrees. It's a running joke, here, that that's his benchmark for bad movies.

I didn't like Highlander <.<

Satyr
2010-07-31, 03:15 AM

Class of Nuke'em High and Toxic Avenger are TROMA movies. They excell in being bad; actually I guess the whole point is to create movies which are so bad it's brilliant, and the special efects pretty much fail on purpose. You can either enjoy it, or hate it, but I guess it's a case of perspective and preferences.
Likewise, Blacula and Shaft (at least the original) are aweso me movies in their own right. And the Frighteners has at least this nice Danny Elfman soundtrack which helps to cover the fact that the movie doesn't know if it wants to be a comedy or a horror movie. And Starship Troopers is not really a good movie, but way more fun to watch than the book is to read.

Now, there are many, many truly horrible movies, but most of them are only produced for TV or direct to DVD, so they are horrible yet obscure. What is truly terrible are really terrible movies which are succesful.

Stuff like the Pirates of the Carribean sequels. Anything involving Emmerich, Michael Bay or Zac Snyder. Or any kids movie featuring animals.

And then there are the movies which I just found disappointing. Eyes Wide Shut (even though the worst Kubrick movie is still better than the general average). Most of the Tarantino movies (which are just overhyped).

Avilan the Grey
2010-07-31, 03:18 AM

I found Transformers to be an adequate movie with very good special effects.

doliest
2010-07-31, 03:35 AM

Air Bud
Alien Resurrection
Anaconda
Armageddon
Bad Taste
B.A.P.s
Batman & Robin
Batman Forever
Battlefield Earth
Best of the Best 2
Best of the Best 3
Billy Madison
Blackula
Blood Sucking Freaks
Breakdown
Captain America
Career Opportunities
Cars That Ate Paris, The
Cave Dwellers
Class of Nuke ‘Em High
Clifford
Coffy
Con Air
Congo
Critters 2
Critters 3
Critters 4
Crow, City of Angels
Dante’s Peak
Daylight
Deep Blue Sea
Demolitionist, The
Die Harder
Double Dragon
Epic Movie
Eragon
Event Horizon
Evil Dead
Executive Decision
Fair Game
Final Destination 2
Flintstones, The
Free Willy 2
The Frighteners
Full Frontal
Glen or Glenda
Godzilla
Goldeneye
Goulies
Hell Comes to Frogtown
Honey, I Blew Up the Kid
Howard the Duck
Hulk, The
Independence Day
Ishtar
It Takes Two
Jack Frost (horror)
Jack Frost (comedy)
Jaws 3
Jingle All the Way
King Arthur
Krippendorf’s Tribe
Ladybugs
Langoliers, The
Legally Blonde
Leprechaun
Leprechaun 2
Leprechaun 3
Leprechaun in Space
Leprechaun in the Hood
Logan’s Run
Lord of Illusions
Mac & Me
Mad City
Maid to Order
Mangler, The
Man’s Best Friend
Maximum Overdrive
Meet Wally Sparks
Metro
Mimic
Mod Squad, The
Mr. Nanny
Mutant
My Bloody Valentine
No Holds Barred
Once Bitten
Orca
Pearl Harbor
Pest, The
Phantom, The
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Popcorn
Prancer
Prom Night
Prom Night 2
Prom Night 3
Punisher, The
Rabid Grannies
Redneck Zombies
Relic, The
Robocop 3
Rock, The
Scream
Scream 2
Scream 3
Screamers
Sgt. Kabukiman, N.Y.P.D.
Shadow, The
Shaft
Short Circuit 2
Showgirls
Sidekicks
Sleepwalkers
Slumber Party Massacre 2
Soul Plane
Spawn
Species
Species 2
Species 3
Star Kid
Starship Troopers
Steel
Street Fighter
Suburban Commando
Super Mario Bros.
Supergirl
Superman III
Thinner
Thunder in Paradise
Toxic Avenger, The
Toxic Avenger II, The
Toxic Avenger III, The
Urban Legend
Urban Legend 2
Vampire in Brooklyn
Warriors of Virtue
Wild Things
Wing Commander
Zeus & Roxanne

You are definably wrong. No, really, it's amazing. I've never seen a list so wrong. I Bolded the best examples of it, too. You know, to show you where you've 'Done it wrong,'

VanBuren
2010-07-31, 04:32 AM
You are definably wrong. No, really, it's amazing. I've never seen a list so wrong. I Bolded the best examples of it, too. You know, to show you where you've 'Done it wrong,'

Epic Movie was one of the movies you bolded, so you clearly did something wrong.

Mx.Silver
2010-07-31, 04:45 AM
Epic Movie was one of the movies you bolded, so you clearly did something wrong.

Something tremendously, spectacularly, unforgivably wrong.

Extra_Crispy
2010-07-31, 05:11 AM
The Last Airbender. That movie is the only movie I have went to at a theater and was less than a half step from just walking out. It is truely in my top 5 worst ever. I have taken care of comatose patients (I am a nurse) with better acting, dialogue, and facial expression then the actors in that show.

Eragon was ok, not good but not horrible, untill I read the books. That movie was horrible.

I cant think of any more spicific theater released movies right now, but most of the made for syfy movies like "supergator vs giant croc" ect. Are horrible.

doliest
2010-07-31, 05:22 AM
He didn't put Disaster movie on there. He's doing it wrong; Epic was at least kind of funny.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-31, 06:00 AM
The Day the Earth Stood Still remake:smallannoyed:

Mx.Silver
2010-07-31, 07:01 AM
He didn't put Disaster movie on there.
I suspect the list was originally compiled before it was released. My reasoning for this is the lack of the recent Transformers films despite the (entirely justified) presence of several other Michael Bay productions and also the conspicuous absence of X-Men Origins. This would also explain why it lacks Legally Blonde 2, despite the fact that said film is so utterly terrible it makes the original look like Young Frankenstein.

Epic was at least kind of funny.
No. No it wasn't.

doliest
2010-07-31, 07:04 AM
I suspect the list was originally compiled before it was released. My reasoning for this is the lack of the recent Transformers films despite the (entirely justified) presence of several other Michael Bay productions and also the conspicuous absence of X-Men Origins.

No. No it wasn't.

Michael Bay films never belong on a 'So Bad It's Horrible' list. Not by a long shot. If it can bring people amusement, it's not on that list.

And as for being funny? Yes. Yes it was. It fails Epically as a parody, but generally succeeds as a comedy. It falls under the same category as the original Family Guy episodes, being a long string of low brow jokes held together by a loose excuse plot.

Mx.Silver
2010-07-31, 07:14 AM
Michael Bay films never belong on a 'So Bad It's Horrible' list. Not by a long shot.
Oh really?

Doliest's crimes against good taste:

[...]
A Micheal Bay fan

Hmm...

Also, the fact it can derive amusement is too restricting, since you'd struggle to find ANYTHING that you can't derive some amusement out of, even if that amusement is just forcing other people to experience it (e.g. Brokencyde).

And as for being funny? Yes. Yes it was. It fails Epically as a parody, but generally succeeds as a comedy.

:smallfrown:

Yora
2010-07-31, 07:16 AM
I watched Blade with my brother for the first time years after it was released, and everyone had always said that film was really awsome.
But at the end we just sat there and said "what was this crap?". It's a really, really bad movie.

doliest
2010-07-31, 07:19 AM
My Sig is an acknowledgement they're unpopular. Except for Fatal. That's Lampshade Hanging that acknowledging it in that fashion makes me sound like a Troll.

Amusement in the intended sense, then. Michael Bay films succeed as Action Films. Good Action, great effects. Are they high art? No, but he's got the touch when it comes to entertainment. Or as another way of stating it,Citizen Kane is a better movie, but I'm more likely to put in Transformers when I need entertainment.

Dogmantra
2010-07-31, 08:16 AM
The Day the Earth Stood Still remake:smallannoyed:

Oh this, just this.

My friends all agreed they made half a film. The most interesting bit of the film was guessing what class and level the boy was on WoW right at the beginning.

Cespenar
2010-07-31, 09:53 AM
Michael Bay films never always belong on a 'So Bad It's Horrible' list. Not by a long shot. If it can bring people amusement brain hemorrhage, it's not on that list.

Fixed that for you. :smalltongue:

No, really.

doliest
2010-07-31, 09:54 AM
Fixed that for you. :smalltongue:

No, really.

I don't get the hate. The Action is good, the Effects are amazing, and the stories are tolerable. What's the major contention?

Cespenar
2010-07-31, 10:04 AM
Well, the 'hate', like everything else, comes from a matter of opinion.

To adapt your words, for example, my opinion is that the action is shoddy, the effects... don't really mean anything, and the stories are shallower than a children's pool.

doliest
2010-07-31, 10:07 AM
Huh; I guess it's all up to opinions then.

Cespenar
2010-07-31, 10:17 AM
Yeah, it's like that with pretty much every form of art.

doliest
2010-07-31, 10:24 AM
Yeah, it's like that with pretty much every form of art.

True, but I hate when it comes down it that. It makes attempting to discuss quality pointless.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-31, 10:38 AM
Michael Bay films never belong on a 'So Bad It's Horrible' list. Not by a long shot. If it can bring people amusement, it's not on that list.

A hyperactive, annoying teen running around with a prostitute while giant robots who are essentially Jar Jar battle over a cube doesn't qualify as bad?

doliest
2010-07-31, 10:48 AM
A hyperactive, annoying teen running around with a prostitute while giant robots who are essentially Jar Jar battle over a cube doesn't qualify as bad?

A movie about a man who puts on a latex rubber batsuit to fight a loser in makeup who no one can kill for no apparent reason is good? I can cut out the majority of the film too, it's not hard.

Platinum_Mongoose
2010-07-31, 11:16 AM

Air Bud
Alien Resurrection
Anaconda
Armageddon
Bad Taste
B.A.P.s
Batman & Robin
Batman Forever
Battlefield Earth
Best of the Best 2
Best of the Best 3
Billy Madison
Blackula
Blood Sucking Freaks
Breakdown
Captain America
Career Opportunities
Cars That Ate Paris, The
Cave Dwellers
Class of Nuke ‘Em High
Clifford
Coffy
Con Air
Congo
Critters 2
Critters 3
Critters 4
Crow, City of Angels
Dante’s Peak
Daylight
Deep Blue Sea
Demolitionist, The
Die Harder
Double Dragon
Epic Movie
Eragon
Event Horizon
Evil Dead
Executive Decision
Fair Game
Final Destination 2
Flintstones, The
Free Willy 2
The Frighteners
Full Frontal
Glen or Glenda
Godzilla
Goldeneye
Goulies
Hell Comes to Frogtown
Honey, I Blew Up the Kid
Howard the Duck
Hulk, The
Independence Day
Ishtar
It Takes Two
Jack Frost (horror)
Jack Frost (comedy)
Jaws 3
Jingle All the Way
King Arthur
Krippendorf’s Tribe
Ladybugs
Langoliers, The
Legally Blonde
Leprechaun
Leprechaun 2
Leprechaun 3
Leprechaun in Space
Leprechaun in the Hood
Logan’s Run
Lord of Illusions
Mac & Me
Mad City
Maid to Order
Mangler, The
Man’s Best Friend
Maximum Overdrive
Meet Wally Sparks
Metro
Mimic
Mod Squad, The
Mr. Nanny
Mutant
My Bloody Valentine
No Holds Barred
Once Bitten
Orca
Pearl Harbor
Pest, The
Phantom, The
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Popcorn
Prancer
Prom Night
Prom Night 2
Prom Night 3
Punisher, The
Rabid Grannies
Redneck Zombies
Relic, The
Robocop 3
Rock, The
Scream
Scream 2
Scream 3
Screamers
Sgt. Kabukiman, N.Y.P.D.
Shadow, The
Shaft
Short Circuit 2
Showgirls
Sidekicks
Sleepwalkers
Slumber Party Massacre 2
Soul Plane
Spawn
Species
Species 2
Species 3
Star Kid
Starship Troopers
Steel
Street Fighter
Suburban Commando
Super Mario Bros.
Supergirl
Superman III
Thinner
Thunder in Paradise
Toxic Avenger, The
Toxic Avenger II, The
Toxic Avenger III, The
Urban Legend
Urban Legend 2
Vampire in Brooklyn
Warriors of Virtue
Wild Things
Wing Commander
Zeus & Roxanne

Personally, don't get the hate for Star Trek: Generations. Still, you're 190 for 191. Good list. Er, bad list. Uh. Good list of badness. Yes.

Reverent-One
2010-07-31, 11:30 AM
A movie about a man who puts on a latex rubber batsuit to fight a loser in makeup who no one can kill for no apparent reason is good? I can cut out the majority of the film too, it's not hard.

Except you actually cut out important parts of the movie, he just cut out the specials effects and the side characters.

Serpentine
2010-07-31, 11:30 AM
I don't get the hate. The Action is good, the Effects are amazing, and the stories are tolerable. What's the major contention?The action is nauseating, the effects are very good, and the stories are rubbish. Generally considered. Does that answer your question?

And do not compare Dark Knight to Transformers, unless to say "Dark Knight is far and away better than Transformers". The differences include: the acting in Dark Knight is excellent, the action is excellent, the story is very good with some weak spots, the characterisation of the Joker is incredible and that of the other characters is pretty great.
So yeah, when it is surrounded by general excellence, a movie about a man who puts on a latex rubber batsuit to fight a loser in makeup who no one can kill for no apparent reason is good.

Athaniar
2010-07-31, 11:43 AM
And there is yet another movie I just couldn't keep watching. I must have intentionally forgotten about all such movies.

Let's disagree have a look...

Die Harder
You dare put a Die Hard movie on this list? Shame on you!

Goldeneye
You dare put my favorite Bond movie on this list? You are now my mortal enemy.

Starship Troopers
One of my all-time favorite movies. Mortal enemy x2.

Street Fighter
I'm going to jump ahead to mortal enemy x4 for this.

And that is all. Enjoy the hunt!

doliest
2010-07-31, 11:54 AM
The action isn't nasuating, it's rather well done IMHO. The fighting is spot on, and I'm just going to just go ahead and quote the song 'Bay's Touch' here-

'there were planes and explosions and that was enough!'

That's how I look at it, the film is entertaining. It's not high art, but then that's not why I or, apparently a large number of filmgoers went to see it and bought the DVD. It's very hard to spell this out, but, as Bay himself has said, he makes Popcorn flicks. They're not meant to be deep or masterpieces. They're eyecandy filled with fighting and car chases. I won't say it's better than Dark Knight, but I've popped in Transformers just as often for a watch.
Oh and personal pet peeve here, Ledger's Joker wasn't the best in my book. That honor will always go to Ceaser Romero.

Serpentine
2010-07-31, 11:56 AM
I was referring to the ridiculous shakeycam that he's so fond of, which is both nauseating and makes it hard to see any of that action you're so fond of (and which, indeed, he does well).

Reverent-One
2010-07-31, 12:01 PM
Eh, IMO the action was muddled in general and aside from a few moments not as impressive as it should have been given the budget.

That's how I look at it, the film is entertaining. It's not high art, but then that's not why I or, apparently a large number of filmgoers went to see it and bought the DVD. It's very hard to spell this out, but, as Bay himself has said, he makes Popcorn flicks. They're not meant to be deep or masterpieces. They're eyecandy filled with fighting and car chases. I won't say it's better than Dark Knight, but I've popped in Transformers just as often for a watch.

I hate this answer (not you personally, just this justification). No one I know who bashes Bay's transformers movie was really expecting it to be "deep" or "high art", they just didn't want it not to suck. I love popcorn flicks, but Bay's Transformers doesn't even do that well. Too many incredibly annoying stupid characters, horrible plot, and a utter lack of the focus on what should be the main characters of the movie to focus on the aforementioned annoying ones.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-31, 12:10 PM

A: It's not rubber. It's battle armor.
B: The Joker is a criminal mastermind as are many of Batman's foes. Batman is supposed to be intellectual, not just a bunch of idiots screaming "GO! GO! GO!" and then explosion.
C: It's a work of fiction. Some elements are a little made up but the whole is still in the realm of realistic possible. It's not all cheap jokes, one dimensional characters, and explosions.

VanBuren
2010-07-31, 12:19 PM
And as for being funny? Yes. Yes it was. It fails Epically as a parody, but generally succeeds as a comedy. It falls under the same category as the original Family Guy episodes, being a long string of low brow jokes held together by a loose excuse plot.

That's odd. When something's funny I usually laugh. I just groaned at this.

Dread Cthulhu
2010-07-31, 12:27 PM
Twilight and Eclipse are both predictably awful, not sure which was worse.

Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are also terrible, again not sure which is worse. Everyone rants about the latter, but I think a good deal of that is just hearsay. At least you can sort of see what they were going for with that one. Forever was just genuinely pathetic.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-31, 12:28 PM
Twilight and Eclipse are both predictably awful, not sure which was worse.

Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are also terrible, again not sure which is worse. Everyone rants about the latter, but I think a good deal of that is just hearsay. At least you can sort of see what they were going for with that one. Forever was just genuinely pathetic.

Batman and Robin had worse actors for the parts.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-07-31, 02:19 PM
Hey, I actually liked that one! Sure it wasn't Tolkien caliber fantasy, but when has your D&D campaign been an example of Tolkien caliber, or even R.A. Salvatore or Terry Goodkind caliber writing?

Athaniar
2010-07-31, 02:46 PM
Hey, I actually liked that one! Sure it wasn't Tolkien caliber fantasy, but when has your D&D campaign been an example of Tolkien caliber, or even R.A. Salvatore or Terry Goodkind caliber writing?
I think it had been better received if they hadn't named it Dungeons & Dragons. Sure, it was an OK fantasy movie, but it most definitely wasn't D&D. The sequel, however, was, and I liked it.

Also, your ordinary DM isn't a professional film writer.

doliest
2010-07-31, 02:55 PM
Eh, IMO the action was muddled in general and aside from a few moments not as impressive as it should have been given the budget.

I hate this answer (not you personally, just this justification). No one I know who bashes Bay's transformers movie was really expecting it to be "deep" or "high art", they just didn't want it not to suck. I love popcorn flicks, but Bay's Transformers doesn't even do that well. Too many incredibly annoying stupid characters, horrible plot, and a utter lack of the focus on what should be the main characters of the movie to focus on the aforementioned annoying ones.

It's why I hate having to say it like that, actually. Here is where it drifts to taste; I didn't find anyone majorly annoying...except the fat kid involved with the hacking subplot. The plot was decent enough, it led up to the climax, which was satisfying in and of itself, and the switching between groups was something I found actually helped deal with my general hatred of Shia Lebouf.

Mx.Silver
2010-07-31, 02:58 PM
I think it had been better received if they hadn't named it Dungeons & Dragons.
By the D&D crowd, maybe. By everyone else? No.

The Glyphstone
2010-07-31, 02:59 PM
I think it had been better received if they hadn't named it Dungeons & Dragons. Sure, it was an OK fantasy movie, but it most definitely wasn't D&D. The sequel, however, was, and I liked it.

Also, your ordinary DM isn't a professional film writer.

The 2nd was about as D&D as a movie can get - the actors studied the 3.0 Player's Handbook alongside their scripts.

Lord Loss
2010-07-31, 05:56 PM
I noticed that The Unborn was by Micheal Bay after I saw it. What a bad movie...

Myatar_Panwar
2010-07-31, 06:05 PM
I went into 2012 expecting a fun disaster movie. It turned out to be 2 1/2 of the most boring hours of my life.

Air Bud
Alien Resurrection
Anaconda
Armageddon
Bad Taste
B.A.P.s
Batman & Robin
Batman Forever
Battlefield Earth
Best of the Best 2
Best of the Best 3
Billy Madison
Blackula
Blood Sucking Freaks
Breakdown
Captain America
Career Opportunities
Cars That Ate Paris, The
Cave Dwellers
Class of Nuke ‘Em High
Clifford
Coffy
Con Air
Congo
Critters 2
Critters 3
Critters 4
Crow, City of Angels
Dante’s Peak
Daylight
Deep Blue Sea
Demolitionist, The
Die Harder
Double Dragon
Epic Movie
Eragon
Event Horizon
Evil Dead
Executive Decision
Fair Game
Final Destination 2
Flintstones, The
Free Willy 2
The Frighteners
Full Frontal
Glen or Glenda
Godzilla
Goldeneye
Goulies
Hell Comes to Frogtown
Honey, I Blew Up the Kid
Howard the Duck
Hulk, The
Independence Day
Ishtar
It Takes Two
Jack Frost (horror)
Jack Frost (comedy)
Jaws 3
Jingle All the Way
King Arthur
Krippendorf’s Tribe
Ladybugs
Langoliers, The
Legally Blonde
Leprechaun
Leprechaun 2
Leprechaun 3
Leprechaun in Space
Leprechaun in the Hood
Logan’s Run
Lord of Illusions
Mac & Me
Mad City
Maid to Order
Mangler, The
Man’s Best Friend
Maximum Overdrive
Meet Wally Sparks
Metro
Mimic
Mod Squad, The
Mr. Nanny
Mutant
My Bloody Valentine
No Holds Barred
Once Bitten
Orca
Pearl Harbor
Pest, The
Phantom, The
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Popcorn
Prancer
Prom Night
Prom Night 2
Prom Night 3
Punisher, The
Rabid Grannies
Redneck Zombies
Relic, The
Robocop 3
Rock, The
Scream
Scream 2
Scream 3
Screamers
Sgt. Kabukiman, N.Y.P.D.
Shadow, The
Shaft
Short Circuit 2
Showgirls
Sidekicks
Sleepwalkers
Slumber Party Massacre 2
Soul Plane
Spawn
Species
Species 2
Species 3
Star Kid
Starship Troopers
Steel
Street Fighter
Suburban Commando
Super Mario Bros.
Supergirl
Superman III
Thinner
Thunder in Paradise
Toxic Avenger, The
Toxic Avenger II, The
Toxic Avenger III, The
Urban Legend
Urban Legend 2
Vampire in Brooklyn
Warriors of Virtue
Wild Things
Wing Commander
Zeus & Roxanne

Scream is actually pretty good yo

Syka
2010-07-31, 09:16 PM
Lord Loss, Bay produced The Unborn, not directed or wrote. Thankfully producing isn't really involved too heavily involved in the creative aspect, other than just making sure it's something that will (hopefully) sell. Blame the director for that one.

He can't really escape Transformers infamy, though...

(I'm actually a little sad, the guy who did direct Unborn wrote the screenplay for Dark Knight and co-created FlashForward, both of which I liked very much.)

Mx.Silver
2010-07-31, 10:51 PM
He can't really escape Transformers infamy, though...

Or the Armageddon infamy, or the Pearl Harbour infamy...

kpenguin
2010-07-31, 10:59 PM
Well, Pearl Harbory will always live in infamy. :smallwink:

Makensha
2010-07-31, 11:23 PM
My history teacher and his friend history buffs went to Pearl Harbor expecting a big "guy" movie based off the trailers. They went away very sad.

Am I the only one who liked Alien Resurrection?

And my pick for worse is Op Jag. A movie so bad I don't remember the real name. Either that of Imbd never found it. The "fight scenes" amount to watching peoples hand in slow (not actual slow motion, they're just moving their hands slow). And then they set it up like they're going to make it into a trilogy or something... *shudder*:smalleek:

Lyndworm
2010-07-31, 11:28 PM
Am I the only one who liked Alien Resurrection?
I liked it, but I'd be lying if I said it was any good. :smallbiggrin:

mucat
2010-08-01, 12:51 AM
With all due respect, why did you stay? Or why did you go in the first place? I get a strong impression here that you could have figured out with about 20 seconds of research that it wasn't your favorite kind of movie.

Zeta Kai
2010-08-01, 01:01 AM
My list was compiled a few years a go, & hasn't been updated in some time. I think X-Men 3: The Last Stand (which wasn't the Last, wasn't much of a Stand, & I'm not sure if it was really a The) was my most recent addition. Unfortunately, Hollywood still hasn't learned what their audience actually wants, so they are still turning out utter garbage at a surprising & disappointing rate.

And yes, I know some people like bad movies, myself included. But that doesn't make them good. If you like a film on my list, then you need to ask yourself why you like it. You might not be ready to face the answers.

Reverent-One
2010-08-01, 02:02 AM
And yes, I know some people like bad movies, myself included. But that doesn't make them good. If you like a film on my list, then you need to ask yourself why you like it. You might not be ready to face the answers.

Thing is, you don't just call them bad movies, but movies that will lower the quality of life for anyone watching them, which is seemingly at odds with enjoying them.

Ravens_cry
2010-08-01, 02:03 AM
Actually, Hollywood knows what it's audience wants.
We are just not that audience.
We are a small segment of the market that is hard to please, so why try?
Film is art, but it's also a business.

doliest
2010-08-01, 03:34 AM
My list was compiled a few years a go, & hasn't been updated in some time. I think X-Men 3: The Last Stand (which wasn't the Last, wasn't much of a Stand, & I'm not sure if it was really a The) was my most recent addition. Unfortunately, Hollywood still hasn't learned what their audience actually wants, so they are still turning out utter garbage at a surprising & disappointing rate.

And the amazingly acclaimed Scream which is largely considered a Slasher classic?

X2
2010-08-01, 03:36 AM
Avatar, Magical Mystery Tour, The Howling III.

doliest
2010-08-01, 03:44 AM
Last Airbender or the the Cameron flick?

X2
2010-08-01, 03:46 AM
Cameron flick. Just terrible

super dark33
2010-08-01, 04:36 AM
king komodo vs. cobra

nessy (or whatever that name of the lake monster)
this island:earth

so bad that they are funny.

Superglucose
2010-08-01, 04:41 AM
Alexander. I couldn't have dreamt of a more boring and uninteresting movie... I asked my dad if I could go to the car to get my game boy.

Athaniar
2010-08-01, 05:32 AM

Let's check IMDb: Die Hard 2 has a score of 7.0, Goldeneye has 7.2, Starship Troopers has 7.1... So no, I don't think you speak for most viewers when you claim these films are "so awful that they will lessen the quality of life of whomever watches them". I'll accept that you don't like them, but you speak as if you expect the world to agree with you.

Serpentine
2010-08-01, 05:43 AM
I liked it, but I'd be lying if I said it was any good. :smallbiggrin:About my opinion. I liked it fine, but that certainly doesn't mean I think it's one of the better in the series or in the upper eschelons of filmmaking
The Howling III.If that's the Marsupials one, I know one of the actors :smallfrown:

Bayar
2010-08-01, 05:48 AM
Four pages of bad movies and no one mentioned Battlefield Earth yet ? I am disappointed.

Also: Street fighter, Super Mario Brothers, Doom, Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat 2...shall I continue ?

Lord Loss
2010-08-01, 05:57 AM
Wait... there's a movie of Mario?

Serpentine
2010-08-01, 06:00 AM
There is indeed. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108255/) I recall enjoying it (though I haven't seen it for years), but certainly not as a film adaptation of the game.

Cheesegear
2010-08-01, 06:24 AM
Soul Plane. My brain hurt.

Morph Bark
2010-08-01, 06:53 AM
There is indeed. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108255/) I recall enjoying it (though I haven't seen it for years), but certainly not as a film adaptation of the game.

Oh lord. I saw it a couple months ago on YouTube. I admit that it was a rather bad movie, especially with the goomba creation system and all, the acting was just moderate and the story was really shakey. All in all though? I'd call it a "so bad it's good" kind of movie. It was enjoyable, and if I recall right at the end it got a bit of a Ghostbusters feel too.

super dark33
2010-08-01, 07:30 AM
There was a movie, i forgot its name but it was about ba'al
it was worse then this island:earth but better then the mummy 3

Marnath
2010-08-01, 12:31 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet due to being lazy and not reading that huge list of doliest's, but anything that has Adam Sandler in it is automatically not worth my $8 bucks, guarunteed.

Cespenar
2010-08-01, 01:17 PM
I'd call So Bad It's Good on Super Mario Bros., SF and MK, but that may be because I only watched them as a kid.

VanBuren
2010-08-01, 02:11 PM

I didn't even get halfway through it before I hit double-digits on movies that don't belong on that list. Hell, you have The Evil Dead as a bad movie.

I mean yeah, from what I've seen the majority of the movies on that list are awful, but you're tossing out perfectly good ones. (GoldenEye! You're calling GoldenEye a bad movie?)

Tirian
2010-08-01, 02:27 PM
I mean yeah, from what I've seen the majority of the movies on that list are awful, but you're tossing out perfectly good ones. (GoldenEye! You're calling GoldenEye a bad movie?)

That struck me too, along with Legally Blonde.

Now, I'll confess that I didn't like Goldeneye. I thought that the movie was overly dogpiling on my buddy Pierce for being an outdated trope in "these modern times". Don't insult me for wanting to watch your movie, m'kay? But at least I know I'm an outlier with this opinion.

Glad_Vampyre
2010-08-01, 06:33 PM
Ok, the worst horror movie I ever saw was, I think, called "Black Sheep". Anyways it was about a bunch of mutant sheep that would attack people. The people would then turn into sheep like creatures and attack others. It was the most HILARIOUS horror film I've ever seen. Seriously, a bunch a sheep going "baaaahhh" then attacking people really isn't that out of the ordinary if you live in an area ( like me) where you have a lot of sheep encounters. They really aren't warm and cuddley.

Glad_Vampyre
2010-08-01, 06:37 PM
Yes, X-Men Origins was horrible: bad plot, they destroyed the concept of Deadpool, horrible CGI. bad characters, and mostly it was just a way to show Wolverine being bad ass (which is what I thought the first three films did).

Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor: bad acting, bad plot, bad special effects, and Jet Li, a skilled martial artist only gets like two scenes where he breaks out the ass whooping.

With X-Men Origins: Wolverine; that was bad yes. But I honestly like that movie just for Gambet. Come on he was awesome. And so was Wolverines' brother. Even if he was evil.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-01, 07:26 PM
With X-Men Origins: Wolverine; that was bad yes. But I honestly like that movie just for Gambet. Come on he was awesome. And so was Wolverines' brother. Even if he was evil.

Too bad he only had about five minutes of screen time. That guy who could turn on light bulbs had more time on screen.

Serpentine
2010-08-01, 09:19 PM
Gambit should've been Sawyer from lost :smallannoyed:
Ok, the worst horror movie I ever saw was, I think, called "Black Sheep". Anyways it was about a bunch of mutant sheep that would attack people. The people would then turn into sheep like creatures and attack others. It was the most HILARIOUS horror film I've ever seen. Seriously, a bunch a sheep going "baaaahhh" then attacking people really isn't that out of the ordinary if you live in an area ( like me) where you have a lot of sheep encounters. They really aren't warm and cuddley....what? :smallconfused: You say it's bad, then you say it's hilarious, which is what it's meant to be what with being a comedy horror... So, which is it? Bad, or exactly what it was made to be and therefore... well, not bad, at least?

Glad_Vampyre
2010-08-01, 09:19 PM
Too bad he only had about five minutes of screen time. That guy who could turn on light bulbs had more time on screen.

I know! And he died in the beginning what is that? Stupid writers :smallannoyed:

Glad_Vampyre
2010-08-01, 09:20 PM
Gambit should've been Sawyer from lost :smallannoyed:...what? :smallconfused: You say it's bad, then you say it's hilarious, which is what it's meant to be what with being a comedy horror... So, which is it? Bad, or exactly what it was made to be and therefore... well, not bad, at least?

it was so bad it was hilarious.....

Serpentine
2010-08-01, 09:21 PM
...which is what it was going for :smalltongue:
Like I said, comedy-horror. Oh, and take note of the Edit button.

kpenguin
2010-08-01, 09:23 PM
Gambit should've been Sawyer from lost

Even that couldn't have saved X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Innis Cabal
2010-08-01, 09:26 PM
Ok, the worst horror movie I ever saw was, I think, called "Black Sheep". Anyways it was about a bunch of mutant sheep that would attack people. The people would then turn into sheep like creatures and attack others. It was the most HILARIOUS horror film I've ever seen. Seriously, a bunch a sheep going "baaaahhh" then attacking people really isn't that out of the ordinary if you live in an area ( like me) where you have a lot of sheep encounters. They really aren't warm and cuddley.

I just found it...dull. Not even MST3K worthy.

Serpentine
2010-08-01, 09:29 PM
Even that couldn't have saved X-Men Origins: WolverineNo, but it might've saved Gambit. Especially if he'd had his own Origins... *sigh*

Glad_Vampyre
2010-08-01, 09:30 PM
Even that couldn't have saved X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Lol. Nothing could have saved it. Say do you guys know if it was the same director as the one that did the X:men 1-3? Because if not they should've called that guy in. He did pretty good. Also it was like watching the twilight movies, if you don't know the story behind it you wouldn't get it. I hadn't read the comics before and i was completely lost.

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-02, 01:35 AM
How has North eluded your grasp?

Turcano
2010-08-02, 02:17 AM
Also: Street fighter, Super Mario Brothers, Doom, Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat 2...shall I continue ?

Oh God, that reminded me that I saw Super Mario Brothers. Thanks for opening that old wound.

The Succubus
2010-08-02, 09:30 AM
Worst film? Hmmm...tough call. Transformers (also known as American Pie with robots) was a blasphemy on the original awesome cartoon series and is worthy of scorn. House of Wax was an impulse by and confirmed my beliefs in Ms Hilton's acting talent, or lack thereof.

However, when I die and go to Heck, there will only be one film on infinite repeat:

The Sixth Sense

This film fills my inner critic with nausea and revulsion, from its talentless cast, through it's predictable plot twist and the sentimentality, which was sacchrine enough to put a diabetic on life support. This film casts a weird spell over most other people but I am not fooled, I see this over-rated garbage for the festering pile it truly is.

Serpentine
2010-08-02, 09:44 AM
Bah. I loved Sixth Sense. However, it does get incredibly dull when you have to watch it over and over again for school :smallsigh:

Mx.Silver
2010-08-02, 01:08 PM
Lol. Nothing could have saved it. Say do you guys know if it was the same director as the one that did the X:men 1-3? Because if not they should've called that guy in. He did pretty good.

It wasn't. Moreover, Bryan Singer only directed the first 2 films, which is one of the underlying reasons the 3rd one sucked as much as it did.

pffh
2010-08-02, 01:33 PM
Worst film? Hmmm...tough call. Transformers (also known as American Pie with robots) was a blasphemy on the original awesome cartoon series and is worthy of scorn. House of Wax was an impulse by and confirmed my beliefs in Ms Hilton's acting talent, or lack thereof.

However, when I die and go to Heck, there will only be one film on infinite repeat:

The Sixth Sense

This film fills my inner critic with nausea and revulsion, from its talentless cast, through it's predictable plot twist and the sentimentality, which was sacchrine enough to put a diabetic on life support. This film casts a weird spell over most other people but I am not fooled, I see this over-rated garbage for the festering pile it truly is.

And the worst thing is that the plot isn't even his own. It's exactly the same as a danish short story!

Glad_Vampyre
2010-08-02, 01:47 PM
It wasn't. Moreover, Bryan Singer only directed the first 2 films, which is one of the underlying reasons the 3rd one sucked as much as it did.

I thought the 3rd one was pretty good personally. Although it wasn't worth seeing again.

Thorcrest
2010-08-02, 02:20 PM
No, I KNOW this is the worst movie ever: FATAL DEVIATION

Here's a Link to the Cracked Article, it has links to clips... Enjoy? (http://www.cracked.com/article_18632_irelands-only-kung-fu-movie-is-worst-film-ever-made.html)

/thread

Dr.Epic
2010-08-02, 02:32 PM
I know! And he died in the beginning what is that? Stupid writers :smallannoyed:

Wait, you liked that character? What? How? His power was he was a power source for any given device powered by electricity. What kind of obscure mutant power is that? Also, how is that being powerful for a mutant? I don't really see him being able to stand up to too many foes. Sabertooth killed him without any trouble.

Asta Kask
2010-08-02, 02:39 PM

You are wrong. There weren't any sequels to Highlander. Or an adaptation for TV. They thought about it, but decided against it.

That's my story and I'll stick to it.

Innis Cabal
2010-08-02, 02:44 PM
No, I KNOW this is the worst movie ever: FATAL DEVIATION

Here's a Link to the Cracked Article, it has links to clips... Enjoy? (http://www.cracked.com/article_18632_irelands-only-kung-fu-movie-is-worst-film-ever-made.html)

/thread

It's better then Last Sacrifice. At least the "action" makes itself try it's hardest for being realistic.

StGlebidiah
2010-08-02, 10:05 PM
Wait, you liked that character? What? How? His power was he was a power source for any given device powered by electricity. What kind of obscure mutant power is that? Also, how is that being powerful for a mutant? I don't really see him being able to stand up to too many foes. Sabertooth killed him without any trouble.

Why should his power matter at all in terms of whether or not someone enjoys his character, unless it completely and utterly defines his character? I suppose you could argue that, in this case, it did because he had so little screen time and never really did anything, but I would not agree. Also, Dominic Monaghan can do no wrong. I knew I was going to hate Wolverine as soon as he died... and that was pretty early on. Only Liev Schrieber kept me in my seat.

For stupid powers, that sea-urchin dude from X3 ranks up there with the best of them. "Let me hug you and if you're skinny enough I'll be able to kill you!"

Also, Independence Day is a bad movie? High art it ain't, but bad? Never. It was a very adequately put together film, regardless of whether you personally enjoyed it or not (because USA saves the world from aliens isn't everyones' thing).

Guancyto
2010-08-02, 10:08 PM
Wait, that list has Alien: Resurrection but not Alien 3?

This confuses me. :smallconfused:

Glad_Vampyre
2010-08-02, 10:23 PM

No no what i meant was that the guy dies at the beginning and still got more face time than Gambit in the entire movie. I thought it was stupid for an awesome mutant like Gambit to not have hardly any lines in the movie. And yes i thought it was hilarious when that guy was creamed by Sabertooth.:smallbiggrin:

BridgeCity
2010-08-02, 11:56 PM
For me, it is any film with Will Ferrel as a central character. His humour is boring, bland, not witty in the slightest, obvious and over done. What makes this worse is that he has been called the greatest comedian alive by American media. It would be pathetic if he really was the best comedian that country had to offer.

it was so bad it was hilarious.....

Black Sheep was supposed to be a comedy, so going by your reaction it worked exactly as it was supposed to.

Serpentine
2010-08-03, 12:57 AM
(because USA saves the world from aliens isn't everyones' thing).Yet they continuously pump it out :smallsigh:

kpenguin
2010-08-03, 03:48 AM
Yet they continuously pump it out :smallsigh:

Because its enough people's thing that it sells and sells well.

Athaniar
2010-08-03, 06:01 AM
You are wrong. There weren't any sequels to Highlander. Or an adaptation for TV. They thought about it, but decided against it.

You didn't even like the TV series? But it's awesome!

comicshorse
2010-08-03, 07:48 AM
Posted by Lord Xavius

You didn't even like the TV series? But it's awesome!

+1

banjo1985
2010-08-03, 08:00 AM
The worst movie I've ever paid to see is Troy...three hours of unadulterated boring guff. Be Kind Rewind was also truly awful (shame on you Jack Black!) and Insomnia ironically literally made me fall asleep. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2010-08-03, 08:02 AM
Comicshorse, I've noticed you doing that a lot. When you quote someone, it automatically puts in "Posted by", thusly:

Posted by Lord Xavius
+1If you do want to do a general quote, without the link to the post, you can do it with [quote=name]. So, for example

Posted by Lord Xavius
would produce

Posted by Lord Xavius

edit: Oh no! You just reminded me! Year 1. It had one or two amusing bits, but overall... ugh. So awful.

banjo1985
2010-08-03, 08:14 AM
Oops sorry, that was awful as well! If you add the mexican wrestling movie (name?) he did into the equation there's a trio of utter horror right there. You know that if Jack Black is in a movie it's going to either be absolutely fantastic or breathtakingly abysmal. :smallbiggrin:

Asta Kask
2010-08-03, 08:15 AM
I've also heard that they were going to make a movie out of Susan Cooper's magnificent The Dark is Rising sequence. But they didn't.

comicshorse
2010-08-03, 08:16 AM
Serpentine, given my general proficiency with computers you're lucky you're getting my posts in English :smallsmile:

Also: Year 1 ?

Serpentine
2010-08-03, 08:16 AM
But it takes more effort to do it your way :smallconfused:

comicshorse
2010-08-03, 08:17 AM
But I can actually do it my way

Also as it appears to me it has no name posted with it (apart from the one I put in)

Serpentine
2010-08-03, 08:20 AM
But all you have to to is click "quote" :confused:

Could you please do me a favour, and just try it on mine? If you're doing it your way, then you know enough to use the [quote] tags. That means you should be able to handle the quote button.
You have me befuddled :smalltongue:

comicshorse
2010-08-03, 08:24 AM
But all you have to to is click "quote"

Testing, testing

My incompetence is a rare thing :smallamused:

Serpentine
2010-08-03, 08:25 AM
What.

What is that I don't even.

Could you please tell me exactly what you did?

(sorry about the deviation, guys, but I have no room for PMs :smallfrown:)

edit: To explain my befuddlement, without doing anything except copying it over, this is what the Quote button does for me:

Testing, testing

My incompetence is a rare thing :smallamused:

Brainstomper
2010-08-03, 08:26 AM
Did anyone see Bloodrayne? Did I miss it on the lists? Epic Suckage. There is an older "chick flick" that my wife made me watch once called Chantily Lace that is about 5 women that are talking about there life's problems. I seriously thought about clawing my eyes out with her Dad's bowling trophy.

banjo1985
2010-08-03, 08:27 AM
Also: Year 1 ?

Year 1 - A movie in which Jack Black and Michael Cera are cavemen that end up travelling to all sorts of historic places getting into "hilarious" situations. The quotation marks tell you all you need to know about it. :smalltongue:

comicshorse
2010-08-03, 08:27 AM
I don't want to derail the thread any futher, so I think you're just going to have to live with my quirks. ( be grateful if you knew me you'd have to put up with my puns as well)
Sorry

Serpentine
2010-08-03, 08:28 AM
Also he eats poo.

BUT HOW ARE YOU GETTING "CLICK ON QUOTE" WRONG?! :eek:

comicshorse
2010-08-03, 08:31 AM
Also he eats poo.

I really hope that's Jack Black you are referring to there :smallsmile:

Serpentine
2010-08-03, 08:33 AM
You tell me :smallwink: :smallyuk:

banjo1985
2010-08-03, 08:36 AM
Did anyone see Bloodrayne? Did I miss it on the lists? Epic Suckage.

I'm vaguely familiar with the old Xbox game, never knew they made a movie out of it though. I imagine something akin to Blade, but with a Z-List cast, awful acting and special effects, and uneccesary and gratuitous nekkid scenes involving the lady vampire? Hang on...I think I've just described the Twilight series! Without the last point of course. :smalltongue:

Kurrel
2010-08-03, 08:45 AM
I don't generally put myself through bad movies and some of the ones listed here sound like real stinkers. Glad to have missed 'em.

For me, "Eyes Wide Shut" and "Idiocracy" are the two worst movies ever. I walked out the cinema for the former and volunteered to fetch dinner rather than order it just for a reason to leave the latter.

Yora
2010-08-03, 08:53 AM
I'm vaguely familiar with the old Xbox game, never knew they made a movie out of it though. I imagine something akin to Blade, but with a Z-List cast, awful acting and special effects, and uneccesary and gratuitous nekkid scenes involving the lady vampire? Hang on...I think I've just described the Twilight series! Without the last point of course. :smalltongue:
I just looked it up and was shocked to see it stars Udo Kier and Ben Kingsley. Somehow I think these men actually have great fun acting in really crappy movies and go actively looking for the worst scripts they can find as a break between serious movies. :smallbiggrin:

Brainstomper
2010-08-03, 09:54 AM
I'm pretty surethe vamp was Kirstina Lokkenfrom T3. Has anyone mention Krull or Dungeonmaster,both 1980's stinkbombs.

Asta Kask
2010-08-03, 10:05 AM
Year 1 - A movie in which Jack Black and Michael Cera are cavemen that end up travelling to all sorts of historic places getting into "hilarious" situations. The quotation marks tell you all you need to know about it. :smalltongue:

I looked at the trailer and said "This is going to suck." And it did. Has anyone had Star Trek V inflicted on them?

Edit: The Agony Booth. (http://www.agonybooth.com/movies/) With detailed recaps of Bad Movies. If you have some hours to waste.

Arcane_Secrets
2010-08-03, 10:17 AM
I just looked it up and was shocked to see it stars Udo Kier and Ben Kingsley. Somehow I think these men actually have great fun acting in really crappy movies and go actively looking for the worst scripts they can find as a break between serious movies. :smallbiggrin:

It was directed by Uwe Boll, so that should explain a lot.

I despised Simon Birch. I'd say that's fairly high in my top ten list of films I never want to see again as long as I live.

Mistral
2010-08-03, 10:46 AM
I looked at the trailer and said "This is going to suck." And it did. Has anyone had Star Trek V inflicted on them?

Edit: The Agony Booth. (http://www.agonybooth.com/movies/) With detailed recaps of Bad Movies. If you have some hours to waste.

*raises hand*

Even better, our church once decided Star Trek 5 was a good example of depictions of God in science fiction and decided to accompany it with clips from the movie. That was an...interesting Sunday School class. Then again, that was generally an interesting church. How many primary-school-level Sunday School teachers run a charity for Honduras and come back with little carved elephant souvineers and machetes for the entire class?

VanBuren
2010-08-03, 11:20 AM

I hate when that happens. It reminds of this show I used to love, called Heroes.

It's too bad they cancelled it after the first season.

mangosta71
2010-08-03, 01:51 PM
6 pages, and Crossroads hasn't been mentioned? Or was everyone repressing that one so hard that nobody could summon the ghastly memories? It was so bad that even the Rifftrax wasn't enough to make it enjoyable.

I borrowed Golden Compass from the local library, and was so bored I fell asleep halfway through it. I didn't bother to try watching it again before I just took it back. Part of that may be that I dislike pretty much every movie I've ever seen in which a child has the lead role - they just haven't developed their talent enough for the big screen yet.

Think all the rest of the ones on my list have already been mentioned. PocahontasAvatar, 2012, Twilight and its sequel (and I have no doubt that the rest of the series will be similarly awful), the Transformers movies (aside from the animated one from the 80s, which was awesome), the Final Destination movies, Street Fighter Alpha... There are too many to remember them all right now.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-03, 02:00 PM
Why should his power matter at all in terms of whether or not someone enjoys his character, unless it completely and utterly defines his character? I suppose you could argue that, in this case, it did because he had so little screen time and never really did anything, but I would not agree. Also, Dominic Monaghan can do no wrong. I knew I was going to hate Wolverine as soon as he died... and that was pretty early on. Only Liev Schrieber kept me in my seat.

It's a pretty dumb power when you think about it. If he could like shot bolts of electricity then that be one thing, but his power is he can turn on electronics with no power source. How does one even get that power? In a society when electronically powered devices haven't even been created how would we even be able to know he's a mutant? All the other mutant's powers are practical no matter what time in history they could have been in.

And as far as their actual character, (a) he was bland and didn't really stand out (though no one really did in that movie) and (b) in a superhero action movie powers do kind of matter. Is the audience really supposed to think this guy would be a threat for any other mutant or even a regular human for that matter?

Innis Cabal
2010-08-03, 02:07 PM
How has Gerry not been mentioned up to this point. Two hours of bad audio (When the characters even decide to talk. And it's rare, but you'll be thankful after a few lines), no pacing (The moving dosn't crawl, it stagnates), a strange ability to leap from Arizona to California to the Salt Flats of Utah in a days stretch, and no message. No nothing. The movie was literally so bleak you'd have been better looking at a wall for two hours.

DomaDoma
2010-08-03, 03:25 PM
Not Another Teen Movie. It's the only movie I ever walked out on in the theater.

Amazingly, I don't believe that was a Seltzer-and-Friedberg. Glad I never saw any of their stuff, if they can steal the spotlight of utter crapitude from Not Another Teen Movie.

comicshorse
2010-08-03, 05:08 PM
It's a pretty dumb power when you think about it. If he could like shot bolts of electricity then that be one thing, but his power is he can turn on electronics with no power source. How does one even get that power? In a society when electronically powered devices haven't even been created how would we even be able to know he's a mutant? All the other mutant's powers are practical no matter what time in history they could have been in.

He couldn't just turn them on, he could control them as well. As he did when he controlled the elevator at the start of the movie. That is a hell of a power, just using it on Cash Points could make you rich. ( I presume he didn't use it to its fullest because he was hiding from his old employers).

Night Monkey
2010-08-07, 07:19 AM
I borrowed Golden Compass from the local library, and was so bored I fell asleep halfway through it. I didn't bother to try watching it again before I just took it back. Part of that may be that I dislike pretty much every movie I've ever seen in which a child has the lead role - they just haven't developed their talent enough for the big screen yet.

I did utterly abhor that film, although mostly because it was a gutted corpse of the book, which I love. I know that film adaptations have to be different to the books (and there are a number that I like) but this was appalling. It removed everything serious and cool from the book (except the armoured bears) and made it unbearably infantile.

As regards child actors though, the girl playing Lyra was totally wrong for the part I think, but I have seen child actors do very good jobs in films from time to time. Paper Moon is the main example that comes to mind.

My main contribution to the thread is the monstrosity that is Napoleon Dynamite. I am astonished it hasn't been mentioned, as I know plenty of people who despise it IRL. It appears to have no plot, the characters are hugely annoying and spend their screen time doing nothing whilst being annoying simultaneously. It brought me physical pain to watch. The worst thing was that it was in an end-of-term school lesson, where the teacher asked someone to bring in a film, which meant that I COULD NOT LEAVE.

I am aware of a minority of people that cultishly admires this film, however. I wonder if one will pop out of the woodwork...

X2
2010-08-07, 07:23 AM
Man I just saw a movie from 1967, a spy comedy called The Ambushers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIg0SaLObkQ).

Ughh... no no no!

comicshorse
2010-08-07, 07:35 AM
That's one of a SERIES of a movies using that character

X2
2010-08-07, 07:37 AM
Does that make it less crappy?

comicshorse
2010-08-07, 07:41 AM
No just means someone thought it was good enough to do again and again and again. Scary huh ?

X2
2010-08-07, 07:44 AM
Well apparently the first two aren't wall bangingly bad, but I have to see it before I believe it.

BridgeCity
2010-08-07, 09:19 AM
Any movie with Jack Black in it is a bad movie. Yes, even High Fidelity. He manages to crap that one up too.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-08-07, 02:21 PM
The Hours.

My sister got it a few days ago because it looked strange and we watched it.

This was not a film. There was no story. It was an exercise in acting. Even that wasn't good.

It. Was. Agonizing.

Not only did the story make no sense, but they tried to make three stories all together. They tied in... haphazardly and loosely. Nothing was explained through any of it.

Why was everyone bisexual or gay? Every main character just start tonguing it out with the others. Why? WE DON'T KNOW!

Sisters were smooching out of the blue. Neighbors just decided to lock lips that until that moment had never done such in their lives. A main character just latched on to another and then afterwards they act like nothing was unusual.

It managed to be depressing, strange, inexplicable, and a bit creepy while also being UTTERLY BORING.

It was the film version of some 'up and coming artist' who gets rave reviews for breaking a toilet with a sledgehammer and duct taping a photo of himself as a child next to a jar holding his own appendix.

It is art for the sake of art while not being art at all.

Stop it, Hollywood. Just stop it.

Edit: Oh, wow. I just found the perfect review of this movie on IMDB. If you don't want to read all this, this is the best part:

"Awful, phony, wannabe-artsy, pseudo-intellectual, piece of pretentious Hollywood garbage."
When first I saw the posters for the movie THE HOURS, I said that Nicole Kidman will be nominated for several awards on the basis of her accent and putting on a fake nose. Sometimes it sucks to be right.

The movie centers around three self-indulgent, spoiled, emotionally unstable women who sigh every three to four minutes while pondering suicide. Cheery, huh? Why the movie was not called THE SIGHING, or HEY LOOK AT MY FAKE NOSE AND IGNORE MY BAD ACTING, or simply, JUST KILL YOURSELF ALREADY, I can only imagine had to do with the 13 hour plus running time.

First, a note about the music. The film is scored by minimalist composer, Phillip Glass. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy listening to the same three notes played over and over again on a synthesizer. I find it relaxing, when at home, to put on a Phillip Glass CD and stare into the barrel of a loaded gun while pondering the meaninglessness of existence. However, during the movie I kept wondering when one of the characters was going to say, open a closet door, and find Phillip Glass playing the organ and bludgeon him to death with her shoe. Unfortunately, it never happened. Instead these poor 3 women were forced to have every moment of their lives accompanied by the same relentless repetition of notes. Frankly, I can't blame them for wanting to kill themselves. Anything to make the music stop.

The only way to have a scene between Merryl Streep and Richard Harris not work, would be to have a bad script. Not just a bad script, but a truly awful, phony, wannabe-artsy, pseudo-intellectual, piece of pretentious Hollywood garbage. The theme of the movie, I think, was `Sometimes people have to die in order that other people can appreciate their lives'. The only reason I know that is that Nicole Kidman, I mean, Virginia Wolfe, said that. Talk about pasted on. THE PIANIST, on the other hand, illustrated its themes without ever having to come out and say them. And Adrien Brody's nose is real.

In summary, THE HOURS, is a story about 3 bourgeois women, living in different time-frames, who are in good health and have everything they could possibly want or need. However, because `happiness' is impermanent and momentary, they become depressed and ruin it for everyone else. This movie is clearly the work of a sadist. If you or someone you love are considering seeing this movie, please, don't do it. It may not seem like it at the time, but there are always other options.

VanBuren
2010-08-07, 10:47 PM
I did utterly abhor that film, although mostly because it was a gutted corpse of the book, which I love. I know that film adaptations have to be different to the books (and there are a number that I like) but this was appalling. It removed everything serious and cool from the book (except the armoured bears) and made it unbearably infantile.

As regards child actors though, the girl playing Lyra was totally wrong for the part I think, but I have seen child actors do very good jobs in films from time to time. Paper Moon is the main example that comes to mind.

My main contribution to the thread is the monstrosity that is Napoleon Dynamite. I am astonished it hasn't been mentioned, as I know plenty of people who despise it IRL. It appears to have no plot, the characters are hugely annoying and spend their screen time doing nothing whilst being annoying simultaneously. It brought me physical pain to watch. The worst thing was that it was in an end-of-term school lesson, where the teacher asked someone to bring in a film, which meant that I COULD NOT LEAVE.

I am aware of a minority of people that cultishly admires this film, however. I wonder if one will pop out of the woodwork...

I enjoyed. I thought it was funny.

Sneak
2010-08-07, 10:53 PM
OHMYGOD.

VT, I completely agree about The Hours. We only watched about an hour of it in my modern lit class last year, but even that was enough to make me seriously contemplate offing myself Virginia Woolf-style.

StreetPizza
2010-08-08, 08:59 AM
The Last Airbender. Yuck. Just yuck.

I went into the theater expecting great things, and for the first few seconds, everything was fine. Then the characters came in. For the most part, the characters had about as much by the way of acting skills as did an ensemble of wooden blocks. Sokka, or Soh-ka, as everyone called him for no good reason, was an especially disappointing disappointment. To me, he was easily one of the franchise's most colorful characters, but in the movie, he was the wood-blockiest of them all, a true wooden block among wooden blocks like Katara and "Ong".

I don't want to pin all of the blame on the people involved, though. That's just where most of the blame's going. The rest of it has the honor of being directed at the movie's very concept: an adaptation-retelling. The process alone cripples character development due to the massive infodump required to cram the 400-minute season's most pertinent details into 90 minutes of movie. A better idea would have been to dump the timeframe laid down by the TV series altogether and worldbuild like Star Wars and its numerous Expanded Universe novels and whatnot or focus on a single event like John Woo's Red Cliff; the historical period in which the movie is set lasted nearly a hundred years, far too long to compress into a single movie, so what did John Woo do? Simple. He based the entire movie around what was arguably the most climactic, famous, and epic battle in the era.

Now, why couldn't The Last Airbender's brainstorming team wrap their heads around ideas like those?

tehjohnli
2010-08-08, 02:41 PM
Lawrence of Arabia. It's one of them old movies that we had to watch for world history, but it was so bad. Four hours or people walking through a desert. I honestly couldn't watch more than 15 minutes of it at a time without falling asleep.

TheLaughingMan
2010-08-10, 01:59 AM

I refuse!

Goddammit me.

Aiani
2010-08-10, 04:45 AM
Not Another Teen Movie. It's the only movie I ever walked out on in the theater.

Amazingly, I don't believe that was a Seltzer-and-Friedberg. Glad I never saw any of their stuff, if they can steal the spotlight of utter crapitude from Not Another Teen Movie.

Man I had forgotten about this movie and now I remember it. :smallyuk: That was a really bad movie.

Also, U Turn, what a stupid movie. I just don't enjoy movies where the characters are made to suffer for the entire film and then there was some incest thrown in just to be gross I guess. Awful movie.

super dark33
2010-08-10, 08:34 AM
the sphere.
my braiiin, MY BRAAAIIIN!!!

Lord Loss
2010-08-10, 08:37 AM
I quite like the Cube series, but a lot of people I know seem to utterly hate the movies. I've no Idea why, though... (Anyone care to enlighten me?)...

The Yeti
2010-08-10, 03:25 PM
Transformers 2.

Worst movie ever.

Even worse than the movie that most not be named.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-14, 10:04 PM
Any movie with Jack Black in it is a bad movie. Yes, even High Fidelity. He manages to crap that one up too.

King Kong

Transformers 2.

Worst movie ever.

Even worse than the movie that most not be named.

I finally saw that and I have to agree. Yes. Man, you know, I'm the type of person who would sit through an entire movie in theatres regardless of how bad it was but I might have had to walk out on this awful excuse for a film.

The plot? Don't get me started. A romantic subplot that occupied too much screen time and was annoying and cliche. The characters: either annoying, tired stereotypes or bland and boring beyond all belief. Not to mention the film length. Anything that's well over 2 hours better have the type of quality as one of the LotR movies or the Dark Knight.

VanBuren
2010-08-14, 10:28 PM
King Kong

I dunno. If he didn't like High Fidelity...

super dark33
2010-08-15, 01:26 AM
there was an old movie that was about radioactive radiation thingy that caused small dogs to grow. you can see the dogs looking at the owners (not on the scene, they arnt trained to be in a movie). you see him chew biscuits in shape of people. guess what movie type it is

Angrist
2010-08-15, 11:06 PM
I hate, hate, hated "No Country for Old Men," I love the Coen brothers, but what were they thinking with this snoozefest.

VanBuren
2010-08-16, 12:23 AM
I hate, hate, hated "No Country for Old Men," I love the Coen brothers, but what were they thinking with this snoozefest.

I simply cannot agree with this.

Lord Loss
2010-08-16, 08:42 AM

My parents hated it. i absolutley loved it. It depends on the person i guess.

The Succubus
2010-08-16, 09:03 AM
The Last Airbender. Yuck. Just yuck.

Now, why couldn't The Last Airbender's brainstorming team wrap their heads around ideas like those?

Your answer sir: Directed by M Night Shyalaman. Not content with proving himself spectacularly incompetant at directing supernatural dramas(horrors?Sci-fis?Family films?), it would appear he can also f*** up an action film that by rights, should have been a cakewalk.

comicshorse
2010-08-16, 11:29 AM

Sorry, loved that movie

Popertop
2010-08-16, 06:51 PM
Hardbodies 2.

Don't really know what was so great about Hardbodies that warranted a sequel, but there it is.

Typical bad '80s movie, I really have no words that will do justice to how bad it truly is.

Axinian
2010-08-16, 07:07 PM
Babel. It was a stupid movie with a stupid plot involving stupid people doing stupid things* because they're stupid, all presented like the stupid audience is supposed to think that the stupid things happening on screen are tragic and meaningful. So of course, the stupid academy puts it up for several stupid awards. Did I mention it was stupid?

*Also the husband makes out with his wife while helping her pee. WTF!?!?!?!

I like humanity, really, so it takes some really bad stuff to make me lose faith in it. Things like Twilight and Babel are among them.

Also, I'm still not sure how I feel about No Country For Old Men. I liked it up until the ending, which was terrible. So I guess the movie is bad, because if the ending is bad, the rest of the experience in rendered worthless.

EDIT: Just realized that this clip perfectly summarizes my feeling about Babel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7HptBgSaCg&feature=related

Tyrant
2010-08-16, 10:11 PM
Also, I'm still not sure how I feel about No Country For Old Men. I liked it up until the ending, which was terrible. So I guess the movie is bad, because if the ending is bad, the rest of the experience in rendered worthless.
What was terrible about the ending?

As for Truly Bad, I question a number of movies mentioned so far. The only movies I have seen that I consider Truly Bad are typically SciFi Channel movie level movies, or Uwe Boll's "contributions" to cinema. Then again I must get some level of entertainment out of them because I keep watching them.

For some of what I consider Truly Bad:
-Battlefield Earth (the old stand by)
-Most (if not all) of the movies on MST3K
-Uwe Boll's "movies" (though I will say that I thought his Vietnam movie didn't seem as awful as his others so far)
-The average SciFi Channel movie
-Troll 2
-Gene Generation

Some bad, but I find somewhat entertaining somehow:
-Street Fighter
-The non-popular Alien and Predator (and AvP) movies (I like them all)
-Death Race 2000
-Escape From LA
-Too many horror movies to mention

Trazoi
2010-08-16, 10:23 PM
I quite like the Cube series, but a lot of people I know seem to utterly hate the movies. I've no Idea why, though... (Anyone care to enlighten me?)...
I've only seen Cube, and while I don't hate it I didn't particularly like it. It felt too contrived in a way that felt vaguely pretentious, and (avoiding spoilers) the end didn't make sense given the situation. It wasn't uberbad, but it's not a movie I care to see again.

Serpentine
2010-08-16, 11:28 PM
I've only seen half of Cube. My dad was watching it once. I saw the first few minutes, then left and just came by every now and then for a couple of minutes at a time. So I saw:Guy getting diced, super-survivalist-man getting acid to the face, some of the characters coming together, the discovery that the idiot was a savant, part of the black cop's reveal and crazy, the discovery about the outside of the cube, the ending (cheap!).So yeah. What I saw of it was an effective horror movie (hey, it scared the bajeebus out of 13ish-year-old me).

Dvandemon
2010-08-17, 12:14 AM
Nacho Libre and The Shaft. First one was probably self-explanatory and the second... just the idea of a killer elevator that doesn't get shut down baffles me angrily. I mean, it's not like it could really move around and kill you (although if you're on roller skates, god help you), the fact that the express elevator has a string of "accidents" and isn't shut down for maitenance. Then the there was the explanation for how it became evil, so a chip based on brain tissue can survive without nutrients and somehow animate the mundane cables? Is it haunted too!? How could some random building in the city get something like that and why!? It makes no sense! Those chips were apparently designed for supercomputer but I guess elevators are just as good

Xyk
2010-08-17, 12:23 AM

But it had giant robots, explosions, AND MEGAN FOX! If that isn't enough to make a good movie, I don't know what is. :smalltongue:

My least favorite movie ever was definitely Epic Movie. It's stupid sequels were not much better. I never saw Meet the Spartans and never will. Vampires Suck looks at least as terrible.

Serpentine
2010-08-17, 12:29 AM
Re. Megan Fox and Kristen Stewart:

http://georgetownheckler.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/meh.jpg

Forever Curious
2010-08-17, 01:18 AM
My main contribution to the thread is the monstrosity that is Napoleon Dynamite.

[...]

*pokes hand up* While I don't admire the film, as it were, I find a certain charm to it. Also, it has a lot of subtle easter eggs for those of my religion.

Now, the WORSE movie I have ever seen was Boxing Helena. NO pacing, NO development, the loosest figment of plot, and things just happened for no reason. Snarking couldn't even make this film enjoyable. :smallyuk:

bluewind95
2010-08-17, 06:15 AM
Nacho Libre and The Shaft. First one was probably self-explanatory and the second... just the idea of a killer elevator that doesn't get shut down baffles me angrily. I mean, it's not like it could really move around and kill you (although if you're on roller skates, god help you), the fact that the express elevator has a string of "accidents" and isn't shut down for maitenance. Then the there was the explanation for how it became evil, so a chip based on brain tissue can survive without nutrients and somehow animate the mundane cables? Is it haunted too!? How could some random building in the city get something like that and why!? It makes no sense! Those chips were apparently designed for supercomputer but I guess elevators are just as good

I watched part of that one (I think. I mean... it was about the killer elevator, but since it was dubbed in Spanish and the title translated, I can't be 100% sure) when I was like 4 or 5. I was unable to get into an elevator without panicking for.... quite a few years after that. Something about a bloody bodyless head on the top of an elevator was... ugh.

Serpentine
2010-08-17, 06:31 AM
Probably shouldn't tell you that it's really happened, then.

Lord Loss
2010-08-17, 06:40 AM
I am never going in an elevator again.

I already have a dealthy fear of Elevators and rather take the stairs than walk into one of those (I manage to tolerate em when I'm with friends/family, though). With that thrown in...

Thanks, Serp. :smallannoyed:

:smalltongue:

bluewind95
2010-08-17, 07:12 AM
Probably shouldn't tell you that it's really happened, then.

But... but... you just did! :smalleek:

Serpentine
2010-08-17, 07:38 AM
No I didn't. (http://www.cracked.com/article/171_6-creepy-urban-legends-that-happen-to-be-true-part-321)

Lord Loss
2010-08-17, 07:50 AM
You're creepy, Serpentine, you know that?

And I just saw saw 1-3 a week or two ago.

Although i found numbers 1 and 2 to be less creepy than many of the others...

Nameless
2010-08-17, 10:12 AM
That film KISS made. *face-palm*

VanBuren
2010-08-17, 12:51 PM
That film KISS made. *face-palm*

Surely you don't mean Kiss saves Santa? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB1FxEQG57s)

bluewind95
2010-08-17, 02:39 PM
No I didn't. (http://www.cracked.com/article/171_6-creepy-urban-legends-that-happen-to-be-true-part-321)

................... :smalleek:

I think I'm not going to want to get near an elevator for a while...

Lord Loss
2010-08-18, 07:16 AM
Serp, just so you know, I had to ride elevators ALL DAY YESTERDAY TO GET AROUND A HOSPITAL, which I went to a few hours after reading your article. I ended up running up eight flights of stairs at one point instead.

:smallfrown:. Is was scary.

Serpentine
2010-08-18, 10:02 AM
I always jump quickly on and off. Doesn't help that the staff one in the uni library is ancient as Hell...

thompur
2010-08-18, 10:14 AM
I snuck in to see Pluto Nash after seeing The 13th Warrior.
I seriously considered demanding a refund for a film I didn't pay for, plus the popcorn. I was pissed that they didn't stop me from sneaking in. If I actually beleived in a supreme being, I might think I was being punished for sneaking in.
I lost two hours of my life to that crap. I could have gone home and used my do it yourself root canal kit. I could have eaten a shards of glass popcicle. I could have watched a Uwe Boll film. Any of which would have been a better use of my time.

Leon
2010-08-18, 10:38 AM
Good Burger. More like very bad burger

thompur
2010-08-18, 11:00 AM

Air Bud
Alien Resurrection
Anaconda
Armageddon
Bad Taste
B.A.P.s
Batman & Robin
Batman Forever
Battlefield Earth
Best of the Best 2
Best of the Best 3
Billy Madison
Blackula
Blood Sucking Freaks
Breakdown
Captain America
Career Opportunities
Cars That Ate Paris, The
Cave Dwellers
Class of Nuke ‘Em High
Clifford
Coffy
Con Air
Congo
Critters 2
Critters 3
Critters 4
Crow, City of Angels
Dante’s Peak
Daylight
Deep Blue Sea
Demolitionist, The
Die Harder
Double Dragon
Epic Movie
Eragon
Event Horizon
Evil Dead
Executive Decision
Fair Game
Final Destination 2
Flintstones, The
Free Willy 2
The Frighteners
Full Frontal
Glen or Glenda
Godzilla
Goldeneye
Goulies
Hell Comes to Frogtown
Honey, I Blew Up the Kid
Howard the Duck
Hulk, The
Independence Day
Ishtar
It Takes Two
Jack Frost (horror)
Jack Frost (comedy)
Jaws 3
Jingle All the Way
King Arthur
Krippendorf’s Tribe
Ladybugs
Langoliers, The
Legally Blonde
Leprechaun
Leprechaun 2
Leprechaun 3
Leprechaun in Space
Leprechaun in the Hood
Logan’s Run
Lord of Illusions
Mac & Me
Mad City
Maid to Order
Mangler, The
Man’s Best Friend
Maximum Overdrive
Meet Wally Sparks
Metro
Mimic
Mod Squad, The
Mr. Nanny
Mutant
My Bloody Valentine
No Holds Barred
Once Bitten
Orca
Pearl Harbor
Pest, The
Phantom, The
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Popcorn
Prancer
Prom Night
Prom Night 2
Prom Night 3
Punisher, The
Rabid Grannies
Redneck Zombies
Relic, The
Robocop 3
Rock, The
Scream
Scream 2
Scream 3
Screamers
Sgt. Kabukiman, N.Y.P.D.
Shadow, The
Shaft
Short Circuit 2
Showgirls
Sidekicks
Sleepwalkers
Slumber Party Massacre 2
Soul Plane
Spawn
Species
Species 2
Species 3
Star Kid
Starship Troopers
Steel
Street Fighter
Suburban Commando
Super Mario Bros.
Supergirl
Superman III
Thinner
Thunder in Paradise
Toxic Avenger, The
Toxic Avenger II, The
Toxic Avenger III, The
Urban Legend
Urban Legend 2
Vampire in Brooklyn
Warriors of Virtue
Wild Things
Wing Commander
Zeus & Roxanne

There are several on the list with which I disagree. I also note that you did not include Pluto Nash. I infer from this that you didnot see Pluto Nash.
I envy you.

Athaniar
2010-08-19, 02:58 AM
What's so bad about it? I thought it was a decent waste of time.

(And that list is incredibly odd anyway)

Dr.Epic
2010-08-19, 03:25 AM
50 First Dates

Aside from the fact it's a romantic comedy with Adam Sandler (as if that wasn't enough to make it unbearable) the love interest has a condition in which she continuously forgets the events of the past day making her believe it's always this one date in history. So we got bad Adam Sandler romantic comedy + an impossible medical condition that makes it impossible to live a normal life yet somehow she dates someone and to top it off, the couple gets married, has a child, and I think sail around the world. The stress from waking up each morning and discovering this huge change has to reduce that person's life expectancy by many years,

Serpentine
2010-08-19, 03:33 AM
Actually, I liked that more than I expected to (same for Legally Blonde). Also her condition, while fictitious, isn't as impossible (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anterograde_amnesia) as you think. And the ending was about as sensicle and complete as such a movie could be (though I'd imagine there would be a notable lack of mirrors on that boat...).

Dr.Epic
2010-08-19, 03:39 AM
Actually, I liked that more than I expected to (same for Legally Blonde). Also her condition, while fictitious, isn't as impossible (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anterograde_amnesia) as you think.

What bugged me the most was the ending. How did they possibly get married? That's what angers me most about romantic comedies: the way the main character and their love interest ALWAYS get together, no matter what the situation. Mental condition that makes them forget who you are and what happened the last day? Doesn't matter. That's why films like Clerks and Chasing Amy with realistic romances and the guy doesn't always get the girl stories are far more entertaining.

Serpentine
2010-08-19, 03:39 AM
But it did matter, that was kinda the whole point of the movie :smallconfused:

Popertop
2010-08-19, 01:59 PM
What bugged me the most was the ending. How did they possibly get married? That's what angers me most about romantic comedies: the way the main character and their love interest ALWAYS get together, no matter what the situation. Mental condition that makes them forget who you are and what happened the last day? Doesn't matter. That's why films like Clerks and Chasing Amy with realistic romances and the guy doesn't always get the girl stories are far more entertaining.

which makes it your typical chick flick, which many people will still watch without any problems.

I also enjoy a realistic storyline, so I can understand where you are coming from. But I am also a hopeless romantic and an optimist, so I always want them to end up together.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-22, 01:58 PM
which makes it your typical chick flick, which many people will still watch without any problems.

I also enjoy a realistic storyline, so I can understand where you are coming from. But I am also a hopeless romantic and an optimist, so I always want them to end up together.

Still, it's almost like this cruel joke you play on this girl everyday: she has to find out she's married to a guy she never met and has a child (imagine how she felt waking up and discovering she was pregnant). In terms of stretching the limits of reality to encompass romance, it's too much for me.

aberratio ictus
2010-08-22, 02:29 PM
The spirit and the happening.

pendell
2010-08-27, 05:01 PM
Starship Troopers.

It's a passable action movie if you come to it fresh. If you're a lifelong Heinlein fan like me, it's a travesty. Where's the power armor suits, dammit?

Speaking of Heinlein, there was another truly awful movie made of another novel of his called The Puppet Masters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Puppet_Masters_(film)) The screenwriter of the film explains WHY it is just so awful (http://www.wordplayer.com/columns/wp15.Building.the.Bomb.html)

Y'know, what really breaks my heart is that every one of those movies -- every one -- took millions of dollars to make. Cameramen, screenwriters, grips, actors, makeup artists busted their butts for months on end. They went to bizarre filming locations. They got up at 4 AM. They spent 2 or 4 hours getting into makeup and costume. Some had to go on massive diets so their bodies could fit the hard -- either building up or slimming down.

Man-years of effort and millions of dollars by talented people to produce dreck. Utter, utter, dreck. Hundred and hundreds of films of dreck.

Money quote from the column above:

I've come to believe that making a film is like a massive version of throwing a dinner party -- you invite a lot of people and hope that it turns out good, but you can't really control it. And after everyone has left and you've got this big mess, you wonder if all the work was worth it, why you went to all the trouble.

One reason I watch so much youtube these days. Same amount of dreck for much lower production cost.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Silly Wizard
2010-08-27, 08:27 PM
X-Men Origins: Wolverine. They destroyed everything about Wolverine, and incidentally, all other Marvel characters featured in it.

Anything starring Adam Sandler. Ever.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-08-28, 12:39 PM
Re. Megan Fox and Kristen Stewart
Megan Fox makes me wanna slap her. I'm like, 'Great, you got a body, now stop touching yourself'. Girls full of themselves = not getting a thing from me but the flat of my hand.

Kristen Stewart... I don't understand at all. She doesn't even have a body, no good looks, and her voice grates like nails. Even outside of her sparkly role she doesn't seem to have the faintest hint of personality.

Gimme Bryce Dallas Howard for personality and looks, and Christina Hendriks for the body any day.

Erts
2010-08-28, 01:51 PM
X-Men Origins: Wolverine. They destroyed everything about Wolverine, and incidentally, all other Marvel characters featured in it.

Very true. I ad high hopes for it, and then I saw it, and was very disappointed. And the beginning looked so promising!

Men in Black. So cheesy...

Dr.Epic
2010-08-28, 01:53 PM

Yes. Yes they did.

Anything starring Adam Sandler. Ever.

Funny People was good.

Men in Black. So cheesy...

First one was passable. Second was just awful.

Zom B
2010-08-28, 02:02 PM
Absolute worst movie I've ever seen was White Noise. I wanted to see it because I was fairly interested in EVP at the time, which is how I was able to mentally scream at the screen, "It doesn't work like that! You can't just watch TV static until something happens! And you can't just record silence and listen to it at high volume! You have to amplify inaudible frequencies to be audible and such, people."

There's some movies I thought were going to be bad based on obvious budget issues that ended up being really well-done and really enjoyable. This one (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gamers:_Dorkness_Rising), for instance.

Then there's foreign movies I thought would just be hilarious to watch that turned out to be enjoyable. Like this one (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vampire_Effect).

ExtravagantEvil
2010-08-28, 03:57 PM
Ok, I've been watching this thread, and I have planned a most dire undertaking. What are the Top 10 most gut wrenchingly horrible, painful films to watch, for I plan to have a day where I just watch, horrid, horrid films.
My friends have given me 2 major responses to this:
Spice World (they were forced to watch it, it was truly horrid and painful)
and George Clooney batman (Batsuit with nipples, that was the main problem).

Any 10 more you can add to this list will be "appreciated".

Zom B
2010-08-28, 04:01 PM
Make sure to include Hackers in that list. When having a bad movie festival, you don't want stuff that's unwatchably bad, just badly written. The idea that you can fly around in a server mainframe like it's a virtual city and zap viruses like enemy planes is laughable.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-08-28, 04:10 PM
When having a bad movie festival, you don't want stuff that's unwatchably bad, just badly written.
Yeah, that's why I can't recommend those that come to mind. They are pretty unwatchable.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-08-28, 04:18 PM
That's the thing, unwatchably monstrous is what I need for this! Why do you think there is Spiceworld? Thank you for Hackers by the way, that does sound bad.

Raistlin1040
2010-08-28, 04:20 PM
Megan Fox makes me wanna slap her. I'm like, 'Great, you got a body, now stop touching yourself'. Girls full of themselves = not getting a thing from me but the flat of my hand.

Kristen Stewart... I don't understand at all. She doesn't even have a body, no good looks, and her voice grates like nails. Even outside of her sparkly role she doesn't seem to have the faintest hint of personality.

Gimme Bryce Dallas Howard for personality and looks, and Christina Hendriks for the body any day.I refuse to accept that Megan Fox is hot. I'm not even convinced she's human, she might just be some sort of Japanese-made sex robot. She has about all the subtlety of a tank. With giant lazers. Piloted by a bear with an eyepatch. Watching her in a movie is like watching amateur porn made by narcissists who think slutty and attractive are the same thing.

Kristen Stewart I like, though. I think she's cute, and I think she's just more mild mannered than a lot of actresses. I've read a few interviews with her, and she seems like a likable person.

Yora
2010-08-28, 04:24 PM
Make sure to include Hackers in that list. When having a bad movie festival, you don't want stuff that's unwatchably bad, just badly written. The idea that you can fly around in a server mainframe like it's a virtual city and zap viruses like enemy planes is laughable.
Watch hacker fights in VR in Ghost in the Shell. They seem pretty realistic. It's mostly a lot of progress bars and warning pop-ups. :smallbiggrin:

Drakevarg
2010-08-28, 04:34 PM
For me, the worst movie I've ever put up with was Tristan + Isolde. Literally the only movie I've ever been unable to sit through. It was like watching dominos fall in slow motion, only every single domino is a mind-bogglingly stupid idea. The worst part is, I actually like most of the actors in that film. But GOD was the basic premise stupid.

As a side note, I am an absolutely MASSIVE G-Fan, and I can honestly say I would've liked the 1998 American Godzilla film if they simply hadn't had the audacity to call that overgrown iguana Godzilla. It was an enjoyable, if stupid, monster movie, and the French guy was absolutely awesome.

Zom B
2010-08-28, 04:49 PM
Yeah, that's why I can't recommend those that come to mind. They are pretty unwatchable.

Don't watch Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the Rings, in other words.

Yora
2010-08-28, 05:00 PM
While it certainly isn't a good film when taken as a whole, there are some thing it does very well. Just don't expect too much from it and concentrate entirely on the visuals and the atmosphere.

comicshorse
2010-08-28, 06:33 PM
Ok, I've been watching this thread, and I have planned a most dire undertaking. What are the Top 10 most gut wrenchingly horrible, painful films to watch, for I plan to have a day where I just watch, horrid, horrid films.
My friends have given me 2 major responses to this:
Spice World (they were forced to watch it, it was truly horrid and painful)
and George Clooney batman (Batsuit with nipples, that was the main problem).

Any 10 more you can add to this list will be "appreciated".

Ultraviolet

And yeah I find Megan Fox strangely unappealing, all the bits should fit together to make beautiful but I'm always reminded of Lovecraft's phrase of something 'being subtly loathsome"