PDA

View Full Version : Ragelock [3.5]

Human Paragon 3
2010-07-30, 12:04 PM
Can a barbarian/warlock qualify for Rage Mage? My idea is to have a raging glaivelock that power attacks for full and hits every time because of the touch attack thing. Requires invocations while raging though, which I think Rage Mage would get. Also lets you force multiple saves per round vs. essence invocations.

Mongoose87
2010-07-30, 12:11 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure Eldritch Glaive isn't compatible with Power Attack.

Human Paragon 3
2010-07-30, 12:15 PM
Easy come, easy go. Would there be any other reason to use Warlock to qualify for rage mage?

Amphetryon
2010-07-30, 12:33 PM
Easy come, easy go. Would there be any other reason to use Warlock to qualify for rage mage?

You'll be less hindered by loss of caster levels than most standard entrants into Rage Mage, since EB is an unlimited supply.

Jota
2010-07-30, 12:33 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure Eldritch Glaive isn't compatible with Power Attack.

This is debatable. There's a little back-and-forth here (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Mobile_Glaive_%283.5e_Optimized_Character_Bui ld%29), which explores the merits to both sides of the argument.

Person_Man
2010-07-30, 01:36 PM
Also lets you force multiple saves per round vs. essence invocations.

If your goal is to force multiple Save or Suck/Lose attacks per round, you're better off as a Binder-ish build. Karsus vestige grants +2 to the DC of any magic item and Greater Dispel Magic and auto-UMD for Wizard spells. Focalor and Chupoclops have debuff auras (-2 to Saves each). Paimon grants Whirlwind Attack and Dance of Death. Kas permanently Blinds enemies on a crit, and lets you crit undead.

Save or Suck/Lose weapons include Banishing (BoED), Enfeebling (BoED), Paralyzing (BoED), Ring of Affliction (BoED), Ghoul Gauntlets (Libris Mortis), Mohrg’s Tongue (Libris Mortis), Chain of Obeisance (Comp Divine), Lethe’s Lash (Planar Handbook), Manyfang Dagger (Serpent Kingdoms), Viper (Serpent Kingdoms), Scourge of Fangs (Serpent Kingdoms), Spectral Dagger (Unapproachable East), Sudden Stunning (MIC), Spell Storing (PHB), Wounding (PHB), and many others from books I haven't bothered to catalog yet.

There are also a variety of feat that grant Save or Suck/Lose effects. Staggering Strike, Sickening Strike, Pain Touch, Three Mountains Style, Freezing Touch, Shield Slam, Anvil of Thunder, Boomerang Daze, Killoren Smite,Dire Flail Smash, Martial Study (Dazing Strike or something similar).

If your goal is Touch Attack + Power Attack, then you can get that with Pyrokinesticist, Master Thrower + Bloodstorm Blade, Wraithstrike, Spectral Weapon, Flame Blade, Thunder Lance, and probably a dozen other weapon-like spells.

Human Paragon 3
2010-07-30, 01:53 PM
Goal was to power attack with the glaive. Forcing saves was just icing. Again, easy come, easy go.