PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a full casting arcane prestige class with only skill requirements

mafddawg
2010-07-30, 02:12 PM
Well, title says it all really.

I'm statting out what levels to take for a build and i have one to spare.
I've read that one level PrC dips is nice for a beguiler, so I've been looking for one but noone has caught my fancy. Only one so far i could even take was mindbender, but telepathy didn't see,that interesting, mainly since i dont think i could be creative enough to use it. And since i've taken magical trickster levels I have skill points to spare so any skill req would be easy to meet.

Also classes Any metamagic feat reqs could work too.

senrath
2010-07-30, 02:15 PM
Well, I think Fatespinner (Complete Arcane) pretty much fits those requirements. I mean, it technically requires you to have a certain type of spell, but it's not hard to do. Of course, I can't remember if Beguilers get divination spells at all.

To qualify to become a fatespinner, a character must fulfi ll
all the following criteria.
Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 10 ranks, Profession (gambler)
5 ranks.
Spells: Able to cast 4th-level arcane spells,
including at least one divination spell of 1st
level or higher.

Urpriest
2010-07-30, 02:16 PM
As for Mindbender, the normal trick is to take the Mindsight feat, which lets you unerringly locate anything within your new 100ft telepathy range.

Beyond that, if you have dispel evil or dismissal on your list (I don't think beguilers do, but I've forgotten), Sacred Exorcist is well-loved for its ability to grant the ever-abusable turn undead.

I think Ruathar is pretty requirement-free.

mafddawg
2010-07-30, 03:15 PM
Ah i didn't realize that mindsight combo was so powerful, when i read it i thought it was something more along the lines of locating an inisible enemy in an encounter or some sort.

I think I'll take a dip in mindbender then =)

Douglas
2010-07-30, 03:30 PM
Ah i didn't realize that mindsight combo was so powerful, when i read it i thought it was something more along the lines of locating an inisible enemy in an encounter or some sort.

I think I'll take a dip in mindbender then =)
It's essentially See Invisibility + automatically beat stealth + ignore darkness/other concealment + harder to block. One of the best "I see you. No really, I do." abilities in the game.