PDA

View Full Version : war rogue prestige class (3.5)

the humanity
2010-07-30, 08:01 PM
ok, so I'm building a daring outlaw or similar aggressive rogue for a low magic campaign.

I'm probably going rogue 4/ swashbuckler 3, then prestige class.

I'm stuck between
Master Thrower/Invisible Blade
Dervish
Assassin/Invisible Blade

I'm probably going to use Karmic Strike/Robilars Gambit at some point as well.

any ideas?

Fax Celestis
2010-07-30, 09:09 PM
None of the above. I'd go with Battle Trickster (Complete Scoundrel) for a level or two if I was short on feats, then hop into Dread Commando (Heroes of Battle) for all five levels. Avenging Executioner (Complete Scoundrel) is also good, but it carries with it the necessity for a good Charisma.

If you decide to go Avenging Executioner, make sure you get Telling Blow (PHB-II) to trigger your Avenging Executioner abilities on crits. Also consider Craven (Champions of Ruin) for +character level to damage when sneak-attacking, and if you can get your DM to waive the (silly) Monstrous prerequisite, grab the Daunting Presence/Death Master/Eviscerator chain of feats from Libris Mortis and the Gruesome Finish feat from Exemplars of Evil.

The latter chain with Avenging Executioner means every time you crit, everyone within 30' has to save twice against fear or be shaken, and your target takes a bunch of damage. If you drop him, it's another save against fear.

Human Paragon 3
2010-07-30, 10:08 PM
Dread Commando is a really cool class if you don't mind taking Dodge and Mobility.

Benefits include:

Full BAB
6+int Skill points/level with a good list
+3d6 Sudden Strike over its 5 levels
The ability to move while hiding at no penalty or RUN or CHARGE while hiding at just -10
+5 initiative for you and your whole team
-4 to armor check penalties (mithral full plate with no penalties? yes please!)

Since you have dodge and mobility anyway, grab Elusive Target and you're good to go. A great "war rogue."

the humanity
2010-07-31, 12:08 AM
I don't have Heroes of Battle... :/

also skill tricks are house ruled out- you either can already do them, or they're whenever you want (not just once an encounter) feats- so fighter is often a better dip.

what other ideas are available?

I like Avenging Executioner, I might make an Assassin/Avenging Executioner instead...

Human Paragon 3
2010-07-31, 12:57 AM
All I have to say is... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhEFy91U5cM)

WinWin
2010-07-31, 05:45 AM
Nightsong enforcer progresses SA and is full BAB. Might be worth a few levels to help qualify for Robilars Gambit.

the humanity
2010-07-31, 10:14 AM
I like nightsong... hmm...

would probably work better then assassin... I wouldn't get those spells but I'd have a couple meatheads to look out for.

it's tempting to switch for invisible blade... but that has a couple annoying feat requirements.

Human-EWP Spiked Chain
Rogue- Combat Reflexes
Swashbuckler
Rogue- Improved Initiative
Swashbuckler
Rogue- Daring Outlaw
Swashbuckler
Avenging Executioner
Avenging Executioner
Avenging Executioner- Telling Blow
Avenging Executioner
Nightsong Enforcer
Nightsong Enforcer- Staggering Strike
Rogue
Avenging Executioner
Nightsong Enforcer- Robilars Gambit
Nightsong Enforcer
Nightsong Enforcer
Nightsong Enforcer- Shadow Striker
Nightsong Enforcer
Nightsong Enforcer

+17 BAB
7/15/8
7d6 sneak/3d6 sudden

need to have a high dex, int, con, and cha. dump wis.

a little MAD. the way we roll, I can probably get at least 2 18's however.

(reroll 1's and 2's on a 5d6 roll)