PDA

View Full Version : First time at Nero

hobbitkniver
2010-07-31, 12:21 AM
Well, I'm planning to try Nero for the first time at Gencon this year. The mission is Battle Against the Orcs parts 1-3. It says no expirience required and you don't need to bring your own materials, so I'm good on that. I'm sure some of you on here have done Nero before, so I'm looking for some feedback. I'll be with a few adults and a 14 year old (ages: 13+ so no problem there either.) What exactly can I expect? People smacking me with foam swords mostly or are there puzzles or conversational challenges. Just like to hear from a few players to not be as clueless.

Starfols
2010-07-31, 12:59 AM
I've been thinking about trying Nero myself. It looks fun, but I'm still a little apprehensive about it. Let me know how it turns out. :smallsmile:

cattoy
2010-07-31, 05:04 PM
It all depends on the crew running it.

It can be all roleplay, it can be all combat, it can be all puzzles or it could be some mixture of the three.

I haven't played in years, but I can tell you this. When you have a field battle big enough that you can't see the end of either line, it's a pretty impressive thing.

On further reflection - I would expect there to be at least a little combat. I'm guessing this is some sort of introductory affair, and if my guess is correct, what would be the point of introducing people to your game and not showing off the element that makes it different from any other game?