PDA

View Full Version : Dystopia (IC)

Rannil
2010-07-31, 02:40 AM
Your head still spins from the weird magic that wizard used and as you stand up you have some minor troubles keeping your balance. As you look around you see both your companion and the minions of the wizard. The wizard is no where to be seen and you suspect he had more minions then the five lying on the ground.
You companion seem alright, of the henchman only two seem to be alive, the other three are dead. You suspect that wizard left the ones he though where weak or dead.
Suddenly you realize one of your companions isn't alright. The friendly and happy sorcerer, Annia Thindur. Unlike the henchman she has a dagger wound in her head and she wasn't stabbed during the fight before this all...

When you look around you have no clue where on earth you are. You are next to road in a large grass-field with here and there a three. You see the sun coming up in the east, the same direction the road goes, at the end of the road you see a small village. The other side of the road goes past a forest, that's in the southwest, and into the mountain in the far distance. In north you only see grassland, and something glittering in the distance. Maybe a lake or the sea.

Without much trouble you also spot humanoid tracks leaving from the place you arrived going towards the forest.
You also see a few scorch marks in the grass.

You hear moaning and realize everyone alive is awake now, including the henchman.

Illven
2010-07-31, 07:47 AM
Levonaaro runs to the woman. Don't worry, Annia you'll be alright, it's not even that bad a wound. I've got it I cast cure light wounds [roll0]

Apollyon
2010-07-31, 08:29 AM
Arcturus stands up and asks, "Is everyone all right?"

He looks at the other two while walking to Annia, and queries, "It looks like he left you for dead. What will you two do now?"

After Levonaaro casts Cure Light Wounds, and looks to see if it did any good.

Heal check: [roll0]

Cheetah109
2010-07-31, 11:43 AM
Krylius

Krylius holds his glaive at the throat of the male henchman. As the henchman begins to wake up, Krylius says, "Stay calm, and you may live until a time when my blade is not at your throat. I have two questions. First, where did that wizard take us? Second, why should I not kill you?"

Krylius turns his head to his companions briefly. There is a notable lack of concern in his voice as he asks: "How is she doing?"

Fable Wright
2010-07-31, 12:02 PM
Waking up, and finding a weapon at his throat, Kurarkar decided that this was not a good day. Listen, I don't know either. If the wizard trusted me enough to tell me where he was going, he wouldn't have left me here to die, now would he? I'm in as deep trouble as you. I need to collect my last paycheck from him, and I need a say out. I'm going to rip that paycheck from his cold, dead hands if I have to. We have a common purpose, and I would have nothing to gain from killing you. Back off.

Cheetah109
2010-07-31, 12:51 PM
Krylius

Krylius thinks for a few seconds, and pulls his weapon away from the human's throat. We beat them once, after all. If necessary we'll pound them to the ground.

He extends a hand to help the now ex-henchman to his feet, and at the same time introduces himself. "Krylius Solendale. But you can just call me Kryl."

Krylius then walks over to his companions. "Annia's seen better days..."

Fable Wright
2010-07-31, 01:00 PM
Getting to his feet by himself, Kurakar dusts himself off. Kurakar. First thing's first. We need food and shelter, which we can get in the village. We can also gain information there about where the wizard went after we got here. I'll scout out the road. and avoid cursing their friend, hopefully. he adds silently.

Rannil
2010-07-31, 02:06 PM
Levonaaro spell has effect and the grave wound on Annia's forehead disappears. But she still is unconscious, although she looks fine except a few scratches.

For Levonaaro
As you cast your healing you realize you are back at full magic potential. You must have been knock out for more then eight hours.

For Apollyon
She now looks okay from the outside, but you suspect she has some internal wounds. Maybe a broken bone, you aren't sure.

Anders Celsius
2010-07-31, 03:56 PM
With a terrible headache, Nekka awakes. "Hmm... not again, damn dwarf beer..." Until he opens his eyes and gives a look around: "The Demonic Wizard... where is he?" Nekka shouts looking in every direction with his Battleaxe in his hands. "Where are we, and why are there still minions living?".

Illven
2010-07-31, 04:23 PM
Levonaaro puts Annia down gently and addresses Krylius I have sereval reasons you should not try to kill us, one we have no idea what that wizard did, we could be on the other side of the world, in a different time, or even another dimension, in addition I just saved your compainons life, and I have the power to save yours, why kill me, it would be in your intrest to keep me alive, We all want revenge on the wizard, we should work together and start by figuring out where we are,
Diplomacy (probably won't work on Pc's) [roll0]

Cheetah109
2010-07-31, 04:39 PM
Krylius

Krylius looks to Illven, slightly confused. "You're right, I shouldn't try to kill you. Why would I? Weren't we working together to defeat this wizard? I think you need to take some time and rest your head."

Krylius then walks up to Nekka. "I'm afraid I have no idea where we are. As for the henchmen, I think they might be of some use. The wizard, at the very least, seemed not to trust them."

Krylius sighs and sits down, holding his palm to his forehead What have these mortals gotten me into?

Illven
2010-07-31, 05:29 PM
Yes you are right, I need to relax and calm down, I'm worried about my sister, she always gets sick, and I can't be there to help her. However if you kill the henchmen, you probably kill us all, safety in numbers and all that

Sorry I screwed up

Cheetah109
2010-07-31, 06:29 PM
Krylius

"Yes, you are right. We could use all the help we can get now. I'd like to live long enough to see my sister again as well. Perhaps we should take that one's advice," Krylius motions toward Kurakar "and head toward that village when everybody feels up to it."

OOC
Don't worry about the mess up. It's just one step in a long line that started with me originally wanting to be an ex-henchman

Illven
2010-07-31, 06:33 PM
As he starts to walk to town Really what's yours like, mine is almost always sick

Anders Celsius
2010-08-01, 07:08 AM
"Hmm, very well, for a greater good..." Nekka grumps "But if they try anything even resembling evil, I'll smite them down, before they even notice."

Apollyon
2010-08-01, 08:16 AM
"Anyone good with patching injuries? It feels like Annia has a broken bone, but I'd like to get some help before I try to set it." queries Arcturus.

He looks at the two henchmen, "I am Arcturus. Do you two know anything about this area?" He pauses, then continues on, "For that matter, does anyone know this area?"

He walks over to the tracks, and sees how long ago they were made, and if it's possible to identify what made them.

Survival: [roll0]

Rannil
2010-08-01, 08:30 AM
For Apollyon
The footprints are quite fresh and easy to recognize. You suspect a group of 6 humanoids, all seem to be medium size. One thing strikes you as odd. Two pairs of tracks have deeper footprints and seem to walk behind each other, in the same pass. As if they were carrying something heavy together.

Apollyon
2010-08-01, 10:25 AM
Arcturus lifts his head to look at the group and asks, "So what do we want to do? These tracks are fresh, and two people are carrying something heavy, so we can probably catch up to them. Or we can go into town, see if we can fix Annia, and then come back for them."

Fable Wright
2010-08-01, 10:27 AM
From the trail ahead, Kurakar says One of us could track them while the rest of us scout out the town. I'll try to get us an inn, and maybe look for some information.

Illven
2010-08-01, 01:12 PM
I'm good with injury's I'll use more of my power Would a healing spell give a bonus on heal check's to set bones?

Cheetah109
2010-08-01, 01:38 PM
Krylius

Krylius chimes in his opinion,"I do not think it wise to send a lone scout. If, however, one would scout with company I would gladly watch his back. I am curious as to what these two mortals may have carried away from us."

Apollyon
2010-08-01, 05:25 PM
"Kyrlius, would you be willing to help track the wizard, then? Let me just set the broken bone."

Arcturus walks to the edge of the woods, looking for some thick sticks to use as splints.

Illven
2010-08-01, 05:48 PM
When you need the healing tell me. Talking to Arcuturus

Apollyon
2010-08-01, 06:08 PM
"Help would be appreciated. If we do this wrong, the bone could heal wrong, which would hinder her use of it in the future."

Arcturus gets some sticks, straightens the break, and lashes the bones to the splint. He's very careful to take his time, and make sure that the work is precise, to ensure that she will recover properly.

Heal: Taking 10.

Fable Wright
2010-08-01, 06:11 PM
If you're done with your friend, can we move along now? We only have so much time to get to the town before our own lives become threatened. Let's go. he says, waiting impatiently for the others to follow.

Illven
2010-08-01, 07:15 PM
*Casts cure light wounds* One will need to help me carry her

OMG PONIES
2010-08-02, 05:14 AM
One of the women seen in the company of the evil wizard comes around. Rising to her feet, she looks around in a panic for a second until she sees Kurakar. At least there was another familiar face here...wherever here was.

Typical, she thinks to herself, years of hard work and he just leaves me to die. After all the jobs I ran for him, all the hours of research, all the meals I cooked. That bastard. To think I ever believed he was different...

Luci stumbles over to Kurakar with her hand on her forehead, and notices who his company is within seconds. While approaching, she silently changes her face to that of a younger woman with dark brown hair and doelike, pale blue eyes. As she joins the group, she curtsies to her new companions. "Hello there," she drawls, "name's Eliza Atterberry. Thank you ever so much for freeing me from that awful enchantment. Absolutely charmed to be makin' your acquaintance. Does anybody have any idea where we are?" Looking towards the village, Luci bats her eyelashes at the group. "Do y'all reckon we could make for the town and rest up? It's just that I'm awful tired, and it looks like we're all the worse for wear."

ROLLS:
[roll0] Bluff

@DMofDarkness:
As a fellow henchman, you've heard Luci use the name Eliza Atterberry as a cover identity on previous missions.

Rannil
2010-08-02, 02:52 PM
Levonaaro and Arcturus together try to set the broken arm of Annia , but due the lack of good material the try is crude at best. At least you know it isn't going to get worse.

Also examining Annia and your own bodies you realize you have bruises like you feel from a distance, whatever brought you here, it wasn't at ground level. It explains why you have been unconscious for so long. The three dead henchman seem to have broken necks, probably from falling wrong. You must have been lucky.

While you travel towards the village it indeed takes two people to carry poor Annia. Even though the village didn't look far away it still takes more then a hour to get there, mostly because the ones carrying Annia are encumbered and can only walk slowly.

When you are almost near the village you see a group a warrior at the edge of the village staring surprised at your group. They point at your group and start talking with each other.

The group exist out of 4 young males, all carrying a bow and spear. A closer look reveals also that each carries a waterskin, a pouch with food and a quiver. Also their clothing seem to exist out of studded leather.

Oddly, the houses of the village that you can see are in various states of disrepair.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-02, 03:10 PM
Leaning to Kurakar, the changeling whispers, Get ready to attack if one of those bastards so much as flinches wrong. Luci pastes on a wide smile and steps forward, her hands raised to show she holds no weapons. "Why hello there, you handsome things," she coos with her signature curtsy, "name's Eliza Atterberry. Can you help us? A woman is hurt. Is there a doctor in your town that can fix her up? We'd be ever so grateful."

ROLLS:
[roll0] Bluff (for the alias)
[roll1] Diplomacy

EDIT: The bastards above are the warriors, not my new compatriots.

Rannil
2010-08-02, 03:51 PM
As soon as Luci approached the group one of them gets pushed forwards. One of the others in the back whispers to his companion, but you cannot hear what they stay. The other responses and you see them both laugh silently.

The one before Luci smiles friendly. "Depends on the wound, miss. Our eldest Liana has kept us alive for years now. But she ain't no mage, miss." He nods. "We were going to hunt, but we can bring you to our eldest. It would be impolite to leave while we have guest, you know, miss." He winks and the other three giggle.

For Nekka
You can't put your finger on it but you get a strange feeling from these guys. They don't seem to lie, but they are way to happy for just meeting strangers and their giggling almost sounds like the laughter of hyenas.

Fable Wright
2010-08-02, 03:56 PM
Do you know where we can go after we have rested? We're strangers here, and wanted to get home. Do you know where we might find a mage to bring us there?
Diplomacy:
[roll0]+7

OMG PONIES
2010-08-02, 03:59 PM
Luci raises an eyebrow slightly at the group's response, but keeps her smile glued on...for the time being.

[roll0] Sense Motive
OOC: It seems like +8 is my favorite modifier!
EDIT: And a natural 20!

Anders Celsius
2010-08-02, 04:16 PM
Having a bad feeling about this, Nekka casts Detect Evil, in order to reveal the true intentions behind those strange men.
Also, he talks to the group: "I think my hands are better now, I wouldn't have dared to try fixing that broken bone of Annia with so little strenght and control over them. I'll give it a try now."

Heal check: [roll0] (+8 is my heal modifier, +2 for the heal spell)

Sense Motive check on the guards:
[roll1]

Illven
2010-08-02, 04:43 PM
Sense motive check [roll0]

Cheetah109
2010-08-02, 07:11 PM
Krylius

Krylius does not add to the conversation with the boys. Indeed, he is not even paying attention to them. His eyes instead drift back to the path from which the group came. The more he thinks about it, the more he wants to see what those tracks were all about. He turns to Arcturus and says: "Once we are sure of Annia's safety, I would gladly accompany you to see who left those tracks."

When Nekka starts using magic, it catches Krylius' eye. He watches his companions to see if they go for their weapons, tensing and preparing to grab his own if they do. Krylius thinks to himself: Come on, mortals. Make my day.

When he sees that Nekka is healing Annia, Krylius's muscles relax. Ah, just a spell to aid the healing. Krylius sighs at the anticlimactic feeling washing over him and curses his inability to stay calm today. Then again, it's been a bad day. He turns to Nekka and simply says: "Don't scare me like that again."

Apollyon
2010-08-02, 07:26 PM
"Krylius, care to follow the path into the woods? Annia should be safe with them, and if we wait too long, we'll lose the trail."

Cheetah109
2010-08-02, 08:16 PM
Krylius

"Sounds like a plan. There is nothing I would prefer to do at the moment."

Turning to Sir Levonaaro, Krylius informs him: "If we do not return by midday tomorrow, assume we've run into trouble. What you do about it is up to you."

Illven
2010-08-02, 08:25 PM
He whispers "Me and the others will meet you 500 feet that way, if we do not assume we ran into trouble. I don't trust these guys. He points in the opposite direction of town

Rannil
2010-08-03, 02:49 AM
At everyone
Forgot to note to minor things.
The group of hunters are all human.
And it's Annia's arm that is broken.

For Nekka.
You don't detect them as evil, but they have a evil aura surrounding them. It's the same kind of aura you see when people are on the path of becoming evil.

At the mention of a inn the groups starts laughing. "We don't have much visitors here and they never stay long." The one in front explains. "But we got enough empty houses, if the room doesn't collapse."

When Nekka mentioned a broken bone the boy in front nods. "That's something Elder Liana has a lot of experiences with." One of the others says. "I remember when I broke my bone last summer, couldn't walk for a month." One of the others interrupt. "But it didn't stop you from trying." And they both laugh.

When he ask the way around the one in front frowns. "Strangers? At this side of the mountain? We have been cut off from the rest of the world ever since the mountains appeared. No mages here either. If you can climb the mountains behind that is a human empire. Or build a boat and follow the ocean. Elder can tell you more."

"I think you should come in." The young man says and gestures to follow him while he and his companions turn and walk into the village.

As you walk into the forest Krylius and Arcturus stay behind, to turn around and return to the forest. The forest looks like your standard forest, and the tracks from the place you arrived clearly enter the forest. You also note a few older tracks, most likely made by the hunters.

The rest of the group enters the village square, where there is large group of people. Mostly elderly and children. The children ignore the adventures but the elders all wave and smile friendly. You note about five houses that are maintained, but the rest of the village clearly isn't. The hunter bringing you in shouts. "Elder Liana, fresh visitors!" You hear a shout back coming out on of the houses. "Bring them in!". The boy nods towards your group. "You don't all have to enter. maybe a few of you want to secure a house for the night, you never know when a roof collapses." He gives his spear and bow to one of his companions and walks into the house where the shout had come from and gestures to follow him. The other three walk into a different house.

Edit: Sorry, forgot the sense motive results

Luci
You clearly get the feeling they are hiding something, you suddenly get the feeling an average traveler isn't safe here.

Nekka
Studying them more you still can't put your fingr off.
Also when you use detect evil on the other villagers most of them don't seem evil, although a evil aura is lingering in the village.

Levonaaro
They seem to be over happily for meeting strangers, it strikes you as odd, especially when they mentioned they rarely get visitors and don't have shops or inns to earn money off travelers.

Apollyon
2010-08-03, 07:09 AM
Arcturus goes off with Krylius and Rijndael. While they are walking, he queries of Krylius, in an attempt to jog his memory, "How many henchmen does the wizard have left? He had a bunch, then he left some behind, and who knows how many were left behind. I also wonder what they could have taken that was so heavy. I doubt he teleported over his armoire of clothing."

Survival: taking 10 to follow, and also to count how many sets of footsteps that I see.

OMG PONIES
2010-08-03, 08:18 AM
Luci smiles and enters the house, but clicks her tongue slightly. "Now now," she tuts at the young warrior, "any good soldier knows to stay with their troupe, yes? We all travel together, dear," she says, looking back at her party.

Rannil
2010-08-03, 08:23 AM
For everyone that wants to remember:
Counting the footsteps and the henchman found at your arrival together you reach a number of 10 henchman and the wizard. 3 of them dead and 2 are with your group. You memories of the battle are hazy, but you remember at least 3 henchman there and at least 1 or 2 had been killed in battle. The sheriff that send you to kill the wizard warned for a group of 15 followers, and before you encountered the wizard your group disposed 3 henchman.

For the trackers:
The fresh tracks here still consists of 6 medium humanoids, two with deeper footsteps walking in the same pass. The two older track exist out of 4 medium humanoids.

The tracks are easy to follow and you notice a lot of chopped down branches to make room for the two that are carrying something.

It's time for your spots and listens. And maybe hides and move silents if you want to sneak.

Illven
2010-08-03, 03:43 PM
I need to make sure Annia stays safe, and her arm remains unjostled, I go where she goes

Anders Celsius
2010-08-03, 05:50 PM
Sensing an evil aura lingering around, Nekka whispers to Sir Levonaaro "I sense evil around. It's not the people, but something else", and then adds so both him and Luci can hear him: "Keep your eyes open".

Illven
2010-08-03, 06:09 PM
I take a ready action to draw my weapon if someone makes an hostle action, and whisper to Nekka Maybe they're being possessed, although I hope for their staes they arent

Apollyon
2010-08-04, 06:57 AM
Kyrlius and I keep following the tracks.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Survival: taking 10

Rannil
2010-08-04, 09:40 AM
For Kyrlius and Arcturus
As you slowly follow the tracks you get the feeling you are being watched. You hear rustling through the bushes and the cracking of branches, clearly someone is trying to sneak up on you. When Arcturus looks towards the side he suddenly sees a bearded gnome face for a moment, then it's gone again. Suddenly it is silent in the bushes as if the stalkers realize they are spotted.

Anders Celsius
2010-08-04, 11:37 AM
Approaching the hut, Nekka tries not to look as worried as he is. Shield in one hand and his battleaxe in the other, resting in his shoulder as usual, he regrets having to delay a well deserved good time in an inn, with beer and local ladies. "Duty comes first" he thinks and sighs.

Cheetah109
2010-08-05, 12:28 AM
Krylius

Feeling uneasy at the sounds around him, Krylius begins to look to the left and right, trying to locate the source of the sound. But try as he might, he cannot see anything more than some rustling bushes here and there. But he trudges along behind Arcturus, focusing on keeping the human safe. Nobody was going to die under Krylius' watch.

Suddenly, Krylius notices that the noise has stopped. He quickly asks Arcturus, "Do you know what's in these woods? I can't tell what it is, but I think it could definitely be improved by sticking my sword in it's side."

Illven
2010-08-05, 12:56 AM
Are we in the elder's hut

Rannil
2010-08-05, 02:18 AM
For the group in the village
Even though you get offered to explore the village you stick together, not sure whether to trust it all. As you enter the house you are not sure what to expect, but it looks like a normal house. There is a table with a couple of chairs, a few beds, a stove and others things one would find in a commoners house. Except the table is full kinds of plants and a few tools to make potions and salves.
In one of the chairs is a old lady, clearly older then the ones you saw outside, she looks almost wooden and ancient. As soon as she sees Annia's she stands up and slowly starts gathering herbs and tools here and there. "Lay the poor girl in one of the beds, I think I got something here to help. And by the way, Greetings, I am the village elder and eldest." Her voice is soft, raspy and sounds older then she looks.

Anders Celsius
2010-08-05, 04:05 PM
As he enters the old lady's house, Nekka checks around suspiciously, trying to find something odd, and check for the source of evil.
"That lady, Eliza-something, seems to have quite some skill with words" Nekka thinks, with no reason not to trust her, with no evil detected in her, "but it's better to let her rest, who knows how long she has been under that evil wizard's spell. I'll have to do the talking here".
Stepping up, Nekka introduces himself and his companions: "Greetings, my lady. I'm Nekka do Kalle, holy warrior", he says with a gracious bow "And this fine people that come with me are Sir Levonaaro, a fellow courageous soldier of Pelor, Eliza, a fair damsel we rescued from an evil Wizard, and our unconscious friend, the great sorceress Annia Thindur.
May I inquire why is the village in such state, and what happened that isolated you from the rest of the world?"

Apollyon
2010-08-05, 07:48 PM
Arcturus looks at the bush that the gnome popped out of, then looks at Rijndael and points at it, as if to draw the wolves's attention towards the bush.

"I don't know these woods at all, but I'd assume that it's a fairly basic mix of wild animals, trees, and a bearded gnome that's creeping around on us."

Knowledge (nature): Does this look like a standard deciduous forest with the generic mix of animals and trees, or are there signs of something like a troll living here? [roll0]

Cheetah109
2010-08-06, 12:14 AM
Krylius

"Ah, so 'tis a gnome who wants to be cut in two by my blade, is it? Well, either that or you have a strange sense of humor."

Krylius pulls his glaive and assumes a battle-ready stance, keeping his back to Arcturus. He says in a loud voice, though not yelling:

"Come on out, gnome. If you do not bear weapons or try to cast a spell, then I will not harm you."

Rannil
2010-08-06, 02:57 AM
For the forest explorers:
Arcturus
The forest, well, is a forest. Lot's of green and brown. You see alkinds of trees, bushes, leaves, trunks, moss and even tiny insects skittering around. The air is filled with the song of birds and birds closer sound scared. You smell the forest smells of flowers, trees, rotting leaves and many many more. The smells like normal so strong you can almost taste it. Yup this is a normal forest.

It's too dense for a troll, who prefer the colder hill climate anyways, and if one was here it would leave a trail of destruction that would be easy to recognize. But one thing is misplaced here, the skin color of the gnome you saw wasn't the skin color of a forest gnome. Forest gnomes have either a green hue or a bark colored skin.

Almost if they listened to Krylius four gnomes jump out and surround the group of three. They all carry a simple spear and wear a loincloth. Their skin is light tanned and their beards and hair are quite messy.

They start pointing with their spears and start shouting with a ordering voice commands in gnomish.

For the village explorers:
The women sighed. "It was the most strangest thing I ever saw. I was just a little girl when it happened and even now I remember as clearly as yesterday. Back in those days we were a normal village. We hunted in the forest and fished in the ocean. But suddenly a disease struck our village and many lost their lives. We were ordered to evacuate, but on the way to the village it happened. Suddenly there was a earthquake and then a entire mountain raise out of the ground just to spite us and block the way.
At first we tried to escape, over the mountain, over the ocean or even through the forest. Those people never returned and we gave up. Since then we are doomed to stay here and barely survive. But I am sure that one day the mountain will leave, just as it has appeared. Until then we will do anything to survive."

As the old woman tells this story she treats the arm of Annia's, offers the party some seats and gives them something to drink (water) and to eat (berries and other plants).

OMG PONIES
2010-08-06, 05:17 AM
Luci raises the glass to her lips and seems to drink, but does not. She smiles broadly at the elder and says, "Terribly sorry, dear, but I missed your name. What was it, again? And I must apologize once again, but you said the mountain erupted on the way to the village? Had the infection ended?"

ROLLS:
[roll0] to fake drinking from the glass
[roll1] Sense Motive to determine the truthfulness of the elder's story

Anders Celsius
2010-08-06, 10:50 AM
Sense Motive Roll [roll0]

Rannil
2010-08-06, 03:51 PM
Luci
You don't suspect she is lying, but you think she is forgetting some details due her age.

Nekka
No evil to be found here. You don't think she is lying, but you suspect her age is more a problem to her memories then she let's know.

"Owh goodness, did I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Liana, village elder, mother, grandmother and healer." Before she answer the second question of Luci she thinks for some time, clearly digging in her memories. "Well we fled due he disease, then the mountain blocked our path, then we camped outside the city as long as our supplies could handle it. When we returned some survived and the disease never returned. Still we lost so many and without trade our food supply is limited." She sighs.

Illven
2010-08-06, 05:00 PM
Miss, do you know how long Annia's arm will take to heal, we are on an important mission

Roll for sense motive
[roll0]

Anders Celsius
2010-08-06, 05:56 PM
"May I ask what are the current inhabitants of this lands? Are there only humans remaining in this isolated land, together with the wild animals? Have you had any further information on the disease and the dissapearing of the escaping travellers, and its causes?
What moved the economy in here before the path was blocked? Did you import all food? Same with the houses, did you have all the materials or builders from outside?"

Apollyon
2010-08-06, 08:51 PM
Arcturus greets the gnomes in all of the languages that he knows, looking for a response indicating familiarity with the language.

Cheetah109
2010-08-06, 09:20 PM
Krylius

Krylius, gripping his glaive, says to Arcturus (in elven): "You're greeting them? Alright, I'll leave the negotiations to you. But if they don't drop those weapons in a few seconds, I''ll give them a greeting of my own. And I guarantee they will not like it."

Rannil
2010-08-07, 04:29 AM
Forest Explorers:
The gnomes keep on talking gnomish and start to gesture with their spears back to the way the group came from, as if they are saying that the three need to leave. They do seem to understand you, but refuse to talk anything but gnomish

Village Explorers:
"Before the mountain we lived off fishing. But now all boats are gone because of the villagers trying to cross the sea in search for help. Next to fishing we had a few wild game to hunt on and we gathered herbs and berries, but mostly we traded fish for other supplies. We still fish, but without boats it's a lot slower. Wild life also seems to starve out...
As for the disappearing, I have no idea, I can't imagine that our friends just left us here for dead, maybe they arrived but failed to send back up. Or worse, they all died, but that also seems so... unlikely.
The disease? I don't remember much. It started with coughing and turned into a fever.
Other inhabitants, we weren't the only ones on this peninsulas, there was a little gnome village at the other side of the forest. But that's now where the mountain is. We haven't seen or heard from the gnomes since then."

For everyone that made a sense motive check:
As soon as she mentioned the gnomes you realize she is lying about them. When she was talking about the past she had this dreamy glance in her eyes, as if she was reliving the past. But when she mentioned the gnomes she doesn't has that look.

Illven
2010-08-07, 07:40 AM
Um Guys we might not be immune to this plague, are they carriers, and worse what about Annia

Anders Celsius
2010-08-08, 04:42 PM
"Thank you for your kind answers" replies Nekka bowing courteously and approaches Luci and Sir Levonaaro and talks to them in private "I feel we got all we could use in here, but if you are willing to ask more, feel free to do so. Something tells me we've got to gather more information on those gnome former neighbors, she didn't sound very sincere on that subject. How about talking to the villagers while we search for a place to spend the night and let Annia rest? As for the plague, we might indeed not be immune to it. What do you suggest? Camping outside the village?".

Illven
2010-08-08, 07:52 PM
We have to, if we're already sick, staying inside an open house is no worse than an open field. And we should cut our exposure to it as little as possible

Anders Celsius
2010-08-09, 01:47 PM
"Very well. What about Annia? Should we bring her with us or leave her here? In any case, we should gather information while we search for a good camping place."

Illven
2010-08-09, 01:50 PM
I want to, but we shouldn't, moving a broken bone, more than necessary is bad.

Rannil
2010-08-09, 04:11 PM
Liana looks up. "Judging from those whispers you are done taking to this old lady. Go explore the town a bit, maybe secure a house if you need to stay the night here. Double check the roofs, you don't want those falling on you,now will you. And don't worry for your lady friend, she is in fine hands her. It's not like I am going to eat her.
Also because our hunters didn't hunt today so we can't offer much food. Maybe the ladies in the field have more luck, but then the best we can offer are berries, plants and nuts. maybe a spare fish if we are truly blessed."

Cheetah109
2010-08-10, 08:28 PM
Krylius

Seeing that the gnomes can understand at least some language, Krylius speaks up, "You had best stop pointing those sticks at me. I do not want a fight...at least not with you."

Krylius keeps his glaive ready, waiting for the gnomes to respond. He says to Arcturus (in elven), "I'll defer to your judgment here. What should we do?"

Rannil
2010-08-12, 04:23 AM
Forest Explorers.
One of the gnomes steps forward, shakes is head and says in fake sounding broken common. "Flee. go. Or we fight will. No city, Flee to big rocks!"

Illven
2010-08-12, 01:25 PM
It's okay miss, some of our friends went hunting. Do you know how long Annia will be asleep for.

Apollyon
2010-08-12, 04:38 PM
Arcturus looks at the gnome who spoke Common and replies, "We are not looking to fight you or go to your city. We are looking for a group that passed by here. Have you seen them?"

When he references the group, he indicates the wizard's tracks.

Rannil
2010-08-13, 03:53 PM
City group:
At the mention of your friends being in the forest the old lady looks a combination of surprised and annoyed, but that look quickly disappears again. "More friends? I hope they are careful in the forest. Nasty beasts lure there." She shakes her had. "Well your woman friend could wake up any moment, I don't know how long she has been unconscious, but I don't think a broken arm prevents her from waking up. Maybe she has fallen asleep, we should worry if she isn't awake tomorrow."

Forest group:
The gnome nods. "They smart. They hide. They trap. They carry their wounded. They not threaten us. They safe from evil village. You flee too! You hide too!" One of the other gnomes makes a few gestures and as sudden as they came they retreated back in the forest. You her vague. "No follow, forest no safe."

Illven
2010-08-13, 04:30 PM
Why do you seem annoyed miss. We're gathering all our resources. More people can still fit in one house?

Apollyon
2010-08-14, 11:03 AM
Arcturus asks Krylius in Elven, "What do we do now? It might be worth getting the others, if it's really as dangerous as the gnomes are saying it is."

Anders Celsius
2010-08-14, 03:39 PM
"Oh, that was the kind of answer I was hopping to hear when I asked for other inhabitants on the whereabouts", explains Nekka, with a little surprise and impatience "it is very important that you warn us from the possible dangers that lie around this lands, and describe them the best you can, maybe we can give you a hand with them, we have noble, courageous and powerful warriors in here" he says, with a gesture of hand indicating his companions in general. "Perhaps we should regroup with our friends and search for evil to be cleansed in this lands".

Cheetah109
2010-08-15, 05:23 AM
Krylius

Considering both what the gnomes said and what Arcturus asked him, Krylius ponders for a few seconds. Eventually he turns to Arcturus, his face revealing that he is still rather deep in thought. Almost as if talking to himself, he says:

"If we trust what those gnomes say, then the forest is rather dangerous. But the village is evil, then. It didn't look evil so much as decrepit to me. But if it is evil, then the others could surely use our help."

Suddenly, Krylius gets a look of concern on his face, and says in a voice full of resolve, "We should abandon this tracking. If those gnomes speak the truth, then the others are in far more danger than I would have guessed. Besides, I don't want to run into those traps that our marks have supposedly set up."

Rannil
2010-08-17, 03:14 PM
City:
The old woman looks surprised. "Annoyed? That concern deary. The forest is a dangerous place, but it's all the normal troubles. Beasties, getting lost, nasty plants that make you trip and break limbs. Still we always send four hunters, just to be safe eh."

General:
A few hours pass.

When Arcturus and Krylius go the village they encounter their party (or part ) setting up camp outside the city, not trusting the strange atmosphere that lingering around these seemly normal friendly people. Annia is still unconscious but the group decided they couldn't leave her with the old lady, how nice she seemed. She is safely lying in the middle of a camp. It's only a hour to sun set and both groups have a lot to discuss and make plans for this night, and tomorrow...
You haven't seen any of the villagers since you "left" the town.

So what are you going to do this evening and night?

OMG PONIES
2010-08-17, 03:36 PM
Luci/Eliza sleeps the night away, without a care as to who takes watch.

Illven
2010-08-17, 03:49 PM
Okay who hear is a magic-user, I need to recover spells, so I can't stay on watch, I do want a double watch if possible, the old woman seemed to lie about some gnomes around the town. Also there was a plague awhile ago in town

Apollyon
2010-08-17, 05:19 PM
While everyone is discussing watches, Arcturus states, "I want a full 8 hours of rest. I'll take 1st watch, or if someone would prefer, I could take last watch."

To anyone who cares to listen, he inquires, "Any luck with the town? Krylius and I got a little ways into the forest, then we encountered some forest gnomes who told us that the forest was heavily trapped as we followed the wizard and his minions. Unfortunately, I don't speak Gnomish, so communication was not easy at all."

Cheetah109
2010-08-17, 07:06 PM
Krylius

Krylius looks at Sir Levonaaro and informs him: "Whoever told you about the gnomes was most certainly not lying. We ran into them in the forest. And how active a watch do we need? The answer to this determines whether I need be incapacitated for a period of four hours or eight."

Illven
2010-08-17, 09:05 PM
No she was lieing about there being gnomes that lived in the mountains or something. She said they had little contact with them

Anders Celsius
2010-08-18, 05:24 PM
Nekka do Kalle

"Indeed, she said that they didn't have had much contact with the gnomes, but it did sound like a poor lie. I wonder why is that.
Tomorrow we should inquire on the villagers, talk to them isolated and privately, and later on those gnomes, don't you think?
I would like to take the first or last turn too, if possible, to strip out of my armor just once. It's a pretty annoying process. I think that if we take 3 turns of 4 hours each, there will be no problems. We have 5 fine gentlemen to let the lady rest, so we can take turns with 2 watchmen in each, while I stand alone in mine.
That way I can take the first watch, while our friendly elf and the lost lamb take the second, and with Sir Levonaaro and Arcturus taking the final one".

Illven
2010-08-18, 07:22 PM
As long as I spend eight hours asleep to recover my magic, I'm good with any plan. I also agree we should question the villagers and the gnomes, does anybody know gnomish.

Rannil
2010-08-26, 06:09 AM
Night starts falling and soon only the first two that guard the camp are awake. It's a nice night, not to cold, no sign of rain and no wind, it is almost relaxing. The first four hours are quite unremarkable. At some point Krylius notes a shade near the forest, but then the moon shines more brightly and it turns out to be a dear. Also he hears a wolf howling.

When the current watch wakes the other two something happens. Both Kurakar and Nekka hear a twig snapping, Kurakar also sees a shade, vaguely humanoid (medium sized), diving on the ground.

Fable Wright
2010-08-26, 06:16 AM
Seeing the shadowy figure, Kurakar whispers, Stay here. I'll check it out. and then dashes towards the shadowy figure. (My next actions will be dependent on what I see.)

Rannil
2010-08-26, 07:34 AM
The figure turns out to be one of the young males from the village. It looks like he tripped and felt, but suddenly Kurakar is surrounded by the other three, all armed with their spears. They seem to smile, almost devilish, and it reminds Kurakar of his former wizard master when he was happy.

"You guys are awake? That doesn't matter, surrender and I promise you won't suffer." One of them says, but it sounds like he doesn't suspect you to surrender anyways.

____
That means initiative time, unless you want to surrender. :smalltongue:

Illven
2010-08-26, 02:51 PM
If we're asleep, do we roll to?

Anders Celsius
2010-08-26, 03:22 PM
Nekka quickly finishes putting on his armor, grabs his battleaxe and towershield, and moves to the front line.
Initiative: [roll0]
"Calm down gentlemen, I'm sure we can find a solution to our common problems!", he attempts to achieve a peaceful solution.
Diplomacy: [roll1]

Rannil
2010-08-26, 03:23 PM
If we're asleep, do we roll to?
Yes, if it's your turn and you are still asleep you can roll a listen check (DC 25, iirc) to wake up.

Illven
2010-08-26, 03:59 PM
Initative [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Anders Celsius
2010-08-26, 04:14 PM
OOC: @Illven:
According to the post in the OOC thread, you are awake. :smallwink:
You took the first shift and when you were waking us up, the bandits appeared.

Illven
2010-08-26, 05:13 PM
Oh awesome. I'm awake! thanks Anders Celsius.

Person what is your name, why do you attack us. I'm sure we can come to a peaceful solution, but I do not believe we're surrendering

Diplomacy 1 full turn [roll0]
Sense motive [roll1]

Apollyon
2010-08-26, 07:42 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Rannil
2010-08-30, 01:35 PM
The guy just laughs. "Just die already, we are hungry." They clearly looking for a fight and don't seem to be easily change their mind.

Map

{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_
1|||||T|T
2||T|T||T|T
3||T|T(S)||N|A|Kr|T|T
4||T|T(L)|||||T|T
5|
6||F2|||Ku|||F4|
7|
8|||||F1|
9|||||F3|
10|
[/table]

T=Tent, There are 6 one person tents, although it looks more like 3 two person tents, they are just next to each other.
F=Fighter, the young villagers you saw when you first encountered the village
F1 is prone
S= Sir Levonaaro
L= Luci
N=Nekka
A=Arcturus
Kr=Krylius
Ku=Kurakar

It's 2 AM but the moon is almost full and shines brightly. Normal Vision is 30ft. The terrain is low grassland and will not hamper movement.

I added a tent for Annia, still sleeping.

Initiative:
21 Krylius
15 Kurakar
14 Nekka
9 Sir Levonaaro
5: The Enemies*
5: Arcturus

*Higher Dex.

Waiting for:
Luci

Fable Wright
2010-08-30, 01:55 PM
Taking a 5ft step, Kurakar slips under the third thug's guard, and he swings his bastard sword into the first man's chest.

(5ft step to E7, provoking no attacks of opportunity. Rolls below, initiative 15, in the OOC.)
Attack:[roll0]+4
Damage: [roll]1d10+3[/roll[

Rannil
2010-08-30, 02:09 PM
The boy laying on the floor didn't had much of chance, but still tried to defend himself by trying to block with his spear, but Kurakar shows a unexpected strength and hacks trough the spear and pierces his armor, he doesn't even have time to realize what just happened.

You see the other attackers doubt for moment, surprised by this powerful feat, maybe they did picked the wrong targets.

Fable Wright
2010-08-30, 02:14 PM
Perhaps you all would like to join him? If so, I'd be happy to oblige. If not, then drop your weapons and flee. I'm in a good mood; if you do so, I'll let you live. This time.

Intimidate: [roll0]+7

Illven
2010-08-30, 02:26 PM
Sir Levonaaro moves to the entrance of Luci's tent, and protects himself

Total defense action

Cheetah109
2010-08-30, 08:02 PM
OOC
I'll say that Krylius held his initiative to begin with, since it'd be hard to edge something in before Kurakar now.

The elf, who had just ended his shift, was trying to get some rest when the boys approached. He waited at first, trying to get a good idea of where this was going. When Kurakar felled one, Krylius decided to spring into action.

First things first, Kurakar needed backup; Krylius was only too happy to provide. He stood and took a step forward, pulling his glaive to match the boys' spears. He then challenged the one nearest to him, "You there, mortal, come and match blades with me. I shall end your already short lifespan early."

Move action to stand. 5-foot step to G4. Move action to pull Glaive.

Also, isn't it a standard action to intimidate? Per rules you ought to wait until next turn (but after that blow I'd be totally cool with letting that rule slide)

Rannil
2010-09-10, 09:12 AM
All shocked by the brutality Kurakar showed., the three remaining seem to want some distance between them and Kurakar, the two farthest of Kurakar drop their spears, grab their bow and retreat to gain some distance. The one challenged by Krylius ignores his words completly. The third one, and closest, just turns around seem to high tail it.

Map

1|||||T|T
2||T|T||T|T
3||T|T(S)||N|A||T|T
4||T|T(L)||||Kr|T|T
5|
6|
7|||||Ku||||
8|
9||F2||||||F4|
10|
11|
12|
13|
14|
15|||||F3|
[/table]

T=Tent, There are 6 one person tents, although it looks more like 3 two person tents, they are just next to each other.
F1 is prone
S= Sir Levonaaro
L= Luci
N=Nekka
A=Arcturus
Kr=Krylius
Ku=Kurakar

Initiative:
21 Krylius
15 Kurakar
14 Nekka
9 Sir Levonaaro

*Higher Dex.

Basically everyone can act know, but technically Arturus is still in the first round.

Anders Celsius
2010-09-10, 10:40 AM
Saddened by the lack of effect of his words, Nekka moves past Sir Levonaaro's and Lucy's tents, making noise, and keeps moving, in order to cut one of the now-bowmen retreat path.

I take two move actions.
First one: starting in E3, I go to D3 and then D4, making noise to wake the sleeping beauties, then proceeding to C5 and ending in B5.
Second one: starting in B5 I move to A6 (using two moves, as per the default first diagonal move costs 1 move, second costs 2, third 1 and so on. I suppose that being the second move action it doesn't reset that), then to _7 and then to _8.

Illven
2010-09-10, 01:14 PM
I move in front of Lucy's tent, and take a total defense action. Shouting to wake her up

Cheetah109
2010-09-11, 01:23 AM
Krylius

Krylius, having challenged the young man, considers the switch to the bow both an agreement to fight, and an act of great dishonor. It seems the young man is not prepared for a fair fight, and would pull a coward's weapon on Krylius. Eager to not be struck down by the young man, Krylius seeks to close the distance between himself and the coward. He moves to be within range of the boy and swings his glaive vertically downward.

Move to H_7. Attack F4.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Fable Wright
2010-09-11, 01:32 AM
Grinning like a demon, Kurakar shouts towards the fleeing foe. That's it? Just running? Sloppy. You should have at least kept your guard up. He then charges the fighter, slashing the foe's sword arm. No mercy to those who flee with abandon.

[roll0]+6
[roll1]+3

Charge to E14, attack E15.

Apollyon
2010-09-13, 08:16 PM
Arcturus points at the remaining foe, and shouts "Rijndael, attack!" The wolf springs forth towards the remaining foe.

Wolf charges to C8.

Wolf attack: [roll0]
(If applicable)
Wolf damage: [roll1]
Wolf trip: [roll2]

Edit:
Seeing his wolf's charge miss, he casts Entangle. It will be diagonally southwest of the wolf and foe, and cover A8, B9, and C10, and squares to the south and west of it.

Rannil
2010-09-16, 01:08 PM
the group is pressing the attack, preventing the locals from fleeing. Shamefully both Krylius and Rijndael strike air instead they targets, the boys being faster then expected.
Kurakar, like his words, shows no mercy and strikes true. The boy looks scared.

Map

1|||||T|T
2||T|T||T|T
3||T|T|||A||T|T
4||T|T(L)|S||||T|T
5|
6|
7||||||||Kr|
8|N||R
9||F2||||||F4|
10|
11|
12|
13|
14|||||Ku
15|||||F3|
[/table]

F1 is prone
S= Sir Levonaaro
L= Luci
N=Nekka
A=Arcturus
Kr=Krylius
Ku=Kurakar

Initiative:
21 Krylius
15 Kurakar
14 Nekka
9 Sir Levonaaro

*Higher Dex.

OOC: Apollyon, just double checking, you sure about the entangle, a lot of the spell is going to be outside the border if I understand correctly.
Also Anders Celsius wants to enter A8, but he can stop at A8 if he wants, or just enter, his choice.

Fable Wright
2010-09-16, 03:55 PM
Die now, boy. Kurakar says, raising his hand for a final strike.

[attacking F3, moving with him if I need to.]
Attack: [roll0]+4
Roll: [roll1]+3

Anders Celsius
2010-09-16, 05:06 PM
Nekka makes a step closer to the thief, and while menacing to drop his battleaxe on him, says:
Consider carfully what you are about to do. You can hardly run, and certainly not beat us in combat. If you cooperate with us, I'll make sure you don't get hurt by my friends. If you don't, I'll promise you the dignity of a funeral, at least.

Diplomacy [roll0]
Intimidate[roll1]

Illven
2010-09-16, 09:04 PM
Is Luci up yet?

Apollyon
2010-09-18, 06:47 AM
OOC: That's fine. I'm looking to trap him/make him move towards the group. And not trap the other PCs.

Rannil
2010-09-19, 02:26 PM
Round 1:
Arcturus casts a spell, calling on nature to prevent the enemies from escaping. The plants react and grab everyone within the spells reach, making no distinction between friend or foe.

Round 2:
The youngling near Nekka and Rijndael seems to be caught and seems to panic. Suddenly he grabs one on of his arrows and instead of shooting, he tries to stab the wolf, but fails miserable, not even hitting the wolf.

The one almost attacked by Krylius dodge and tries to make some distance and shoots with his bow, but the arrows flies past Krylius and misses.

The third one is cornered by Kurakar and also entangled. Weaponless, he desperately hits Kurakar with a punch but the armor absorbs the strike and doesn't hurt Kurakar at all.

Round 3:
Kurakar's react with another merciless strike and the boy collapses from the blow. As he falls the plants entangle him, he seems to be alive, but barely.

Nekka tries to calm down the youngling near him, realizing that he is entangled and just failed his attack he surrenders, dropping his bow and arrows and mumbles. "Stupid plants, stupid wolf."

Map

1|||||T|T
2||T|T||T|T
3||T|T|||A||T|T
4||T|T(L)|S||||T|T
5|
6|
7||||||||Kr|
8|N||R
9|e|F2e||||||F4|
10|e|e|e|e|
11|e|e|e|e|e|e|
12|e|e|e|e|e|e|e
13|e|e|e|e|e|e|e
14|e|e|e|e|KUe|e|e|e
15|e|e|e|e|e|e|e|e
[/table]

T=Tent
F=Fighter
F2 has surrendered
S= Sir Levonaaro
L= Luci
N=Nekka
A=Arcturus
Kr=Krylius
Ku=Kurakar
e=Entangle Spread

Initiative:
21 Krylius
15 Kurakar
14 Nekka
9 Sir Levonaaro

*Higher Dex.

To sum up:
It is now round 3, some people already seem to have acted, so those are included.

Kurakar, DMofDarkness, you are entitled a reflex DC15 to avoid the entangles, but you already have done action, so nothing is won with making the check and it happens next round again.

You all are really lucky, the highest I rolled so far is like 10...

Fable Wright
2010-09-19, 04:01 PM
[roll0]+2
Turning from the injured man, he points at the last opponent. I should congratulate you for surviving this far. But now you die. he says, charging at the last youth, and draining the youth's luck away with one mental command.
[Activating Hexblade's curse, charging at the opponent]
Attack: [roll1]+6
Damage: [roll2]+3
Spending turn trying trying to unentangle myself. And using hexblade's curse on the last opponent.

Illven
2010-09-19, 04:14 PM
Is anyone injured, Luci are you up yet

Cheetah109
2010-09-20, 10:28 AM
Krylius

Krylius yells "Coward!" as an arrow whizzes by him. He once again approaches the youth and swings his glaive.

Move to be 10ft from the boy and attack. Avoid entanglement if possible.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Anders Celsius
2010-09-20, 03:51 PM
Alright, everyone calm down! Nekka yells, while picking the weapons of the surrendered boy, searching for him, and then proceeding to adjust his armor. By the holy authority granted to me, you are under arrest. You'll be judged for your actions, and pay the due price. Until then, you'll answer us a couple of questions.

Search Roll [roll0]

Rannil
2010-09-25, 03:53 AM
The last by still fighting gets a heavy hit from Krylius but still manage to stand, barely and find the strength to shoot another arrow. The arrow strikes true and hits Krylius between his armor plates on is shoulders (dealing 3 damage), then the boy collapses from his wounds, unconscious.

The other, being arrested by Nekka, laughs sarcastically. "Holy authority? I thought anything holy left us a long time. And authority, only the strong have that, and your friend just beat the strongest guy I know... knew..." He shakes his head, looking irritating.

___
End of combat, sorry it took so long and it was so anti climatic. I didn't had a lot of luck both in in-game rolling and real life time, but I can promise faster posting from now on. Thanks for enduring.
___
Spoils of war:
Everyone of them was wearing a leather armor equipped with arrows, spear, and shortbows. There is also a broken spear, which can be used as a short spear now, and a leather armor with pierced cut, which should be easy to repair, both due Kurakar's devastating blow. Also each of them carried an small bag with some fruit, and their basic clothing. Nothing really out of the ordinary, maybe the lack of gold.
Total:
38 arrow
3 leather armor
4 shortbows
3 spears
1 shortspear
1 damaged leather armor.

One of them is dead, two are slowly bleeding to dead and the last one surrendered.

Illven
2010-09-25, 07:15 AM
I go to the dying and cast cure minor wounds on the bleeding ones. Then cast cure light wounds on Krylius. Then I talk to the boy

Well of course anything holy left you, you attack innocent travellers, however if you are willing to re-deem for your crimes, the holy forces will return

Anders Celsius
2010-09-25, 02:03 PM
Indeed. Should the holy really abandon those who doesn't deserve it, Sir Levonaaro would lose its magic, and as you can see, it is not the case, Nekka says, gesturing towards Sir Levonaaro. Now, tell me, when do you say that the holy abandoned you? When the mountains raised? What are your relations towards the goblins?

Rannil
2010-09-26, 11:59 AM
"We didn't attack innocent travelers, we were just hunting for food. Can't say that is a crime." The boys states simply. "I told them you were dangerous, but that guy wouldn't listen." He points with is thumb to one of his unconscious friends. "Not sure when we were deserted by holiness, or something like that. Not sure what it really is... was? Maybe it was never here, I only heard story of time with other people... I lived my entire like my elder's told, proud, fearless, strong and always helping my community and there was nothing else in the world then my community. Yet there so many times we didn't had food, so many times elder's and new born died... There is nothing holy here, just desperate survivors, struggling with the world..." He looks at his dead friend and shakes his head. Then he looks up at Nekka. "You mean those funny human-like man with the long beards and the silly sounds? Hard to catch and really fat. What about those?"

Illven
2010-09-26, 12:50 PM
Listen child, Pelor's light can still shine in your town, if no holyness could reach here, I'd be bereft of my power

Anders Celsius
2010-09-26, 07:05 PM
I assume Dorendo has the ring, since neither Emery nor Truckley are still here, so I'd say he'd be the most fit to have taken the curse away and grabbed the ring.

Wrong thread :smalltongue:
No back to story:

So, you were just hunting for food? And what was that food? Our food? Realize that evil only brings more evil upon you.
You situation seems desperate indeed, and for that I offer you a hand, even after you tried to kill and rob us. It is a shame a young had to die in the process. Whatever evil has stripped you out of your faith will be cleansed, and you'll no longer need to fall into evil actions to survive, I promise that. You'd better stay out of trouble from now on. Then Nekka thinks a little bit and continues: So, what have you been helping your community with? Gathering food and resources? It is good and well, but remember that a great power calls for a great price. If your methods are stripping other of their survival, you'll end up running into a stronger one, sooner or later, who'll make you and your kind perish eventually. Is it your will that we now take your and your folk's lives, shelter and food?
After a small dramatic pause, he continues: Oh, not goblins, but gnomes, yes. I suppose they are also trying to desperately survive in here too. Are you on hostile terms with them? Do they rob passers by? Are they in any way related to the foul magic that has reduced your town to this situation? What are your elders doing and thinking about this? What are their plans?

Fable Wright
2010-09-26, 07:57 PM
OOC: You can delete posts. When you edit them, at the top, you can delete the post.

Let me get this straight. You eat humanoids, and thought we would make for a good meal. Eating people is not the best thing for relations; you might be able to increase your food supply be farming, or hunting and raising animals. If properly done, you might be able to shake off the unholiness of the town. At the very least, don't go hunting people. If you find a corpse, and need food, fine. Just don't hunt people; bad things will happen. You will find someone stronger than you. And this, he says, gesturing at the fallen comrades, Will happen again.

Cheetah109
2010-09-27, 12:29 AM
Krylius

Krylius sheaths his weapon and drags the unconscious boy back to the group. He nods a quick, thankful gesture toward Arcturus and retreats back to his tent, not even acknowledging the presence of the captured boy. The elf then attempts to drown out the conversation going on in front of him and puts his mind at rest.

Rannil
2010-09-30, 02:13 AM
The boy looks from Nekka to Kurakar and shrugs. "I thought some of you guys were hunting as well, the gnomes are like the biggest creatures here. Not sure what you want to raise here. Don't think the gnomes make good farm animals. also I don't think they are smart to do, any of the things you just said." He falls silent for a moment. "Yes, attacking you was a mistake... but, I still don't see any crimes, or reasons for holiness, just for misjudged attack... You are trying to say the elders were wrong all these years... that's hard to believe they kept us alive all this time."

Anders Celsius
2010-09-30, 03:39 AM
Hmm... Nekka ponders, with his hand on his chin, what did exactly the elders told you, that we imply they are wrong? That there is no crime in hunting other sentient beings?

Apollyon
2010-10-02, 09:11 AM
Diplomacy:
[roll0]

"It is possible to be right, and there to be a more right answer. Have you tried farming? Hunting is an inconsistent source of food. For every time that you get something, there will be more times that you return with nothing."

OOC: Sorry for not posting this week, it's been a busy week for me.

Rannil
2010-10-04, 03:40 PM
The boy seems to ponder. "Is their a difference between hunting you guys for food... Or foxes, badgers, gnomes or anything alive? I wouldn't know, the elders said we could anything if we need food. I don't know why it would be wrong... but I also I wouldn't know anything about plants, you might ask someone else instead me." He stares at his still unconscious friends. "I just don't know..." He shakes his head...

Fable Wright
2010-10-04, 03:44 PM
Plants are, yes, edible. However, what I would recommend is that you don't try to eat the gnomes. Gnomes are intelligent, and may eventually find a way to fight back. Things like foxes and badgers, and other quadrupedal creatures, are better sources of food. Grass-eating animals, if you can find them, can be put in fences and be forced to live in pastures, where you can raise and fatten them up. They will become a reliable source of food, and they will not resist being hunted. Just try to avoid eating bipedal creatures, as they are most likely intelligent, and will fight back more... creatively.

Illven
2010-10-04, 07:05 PM
The difference is that people can feel and think. It's one of the highest wrongs to take a feeling life.

Anders Celsius
2010-10-04, 10:01 PM
I see me and my friends have different reasons, but the same belief: taking food from sentient being is wrong. You can take their reasons plus mine: if you do it and let others do it, it might be eventually done to you. That is not something you want, right?