PDA

View Full Version : Mounted Character - E6

riddles
2010-07-31, 04:48 AM
i'm looking at a new character in an E6 game. thinking of taking wild cohort, because it would be good to have this from level 1 onwards.

1 Ranger - track, wild cohort, mounted combat
2 Ranger - rapid shot
3 Fighter - power attack, mounted archery
4 Fighter - ride-by-attack
5 Ranger
6 Ranger - spirited charge

i wanted to get mounted archery in early, as we tend to level up slowly and i want to spend the first couple of levels staying the hell away from combat. the double damage with a lance on the charge should be enough when necessary, there's other warriors in the party.

Mongoose87
2010-07-31, 11:18 AM
Generally, in DnD, archery is kind of teh suck. Also, as someone currently playing an archer, it's also dull as hell. Focus on your melee.

awa
2010-07-31, 11:38 AM
archery isnt terribly sure a mounted charger will do alot more damage but a mounted archery can keep enemies from hitting you pretty easily because of the mounts raw speed, you should also consider upgrading to something that flys if you can.
But personally i would focus on either melee or ranged not both

Mongoose87
2010-07-31, 11:41 AM
Yeah, it doesn't do as much damage as melee, but the real issue is that all it does is damage. No battlefield control, nothing interesting, just plink, plink, plink. It's dull.

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-31, 12:20 PM
I would add dragon steed to augment your wild cohort at 6th or later. A mount that with fly 120ft is very very powerful. Add the wild cohort boosts on to that is even better.

riddles
2010-07-31, 02:57 PM
it's e6 so flying mount will be somewhat difficult. also slow level progression.

i do agree that mounted charger i going to be better.