PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion: Does anyone know of a mod that'll let me use a 2handed in one hand?

Cogidubnus
2010-07-31, 05:55 AM
I've been trying (and failing) to imitate the bastard sword script from Ivellon, which lets you choose to use a bastard sword in one or two hands, on Shadowrend the sword, because I think it'd look cooler in one hand. Any ideas if there's a way to get it one-handed?

Unnecessary Violence only works 1 handed to 2 handed, incidentally.

I need to spend less time thinking about this game...

Recaiden
2010-07-31, 09:47 AM
I've been trying (and failing) to imitate the bastard sword script from Ivellon, which lets you choose to use a bastard sword in one or two hands, on Shadowrend the sword, because I think it'd look cooler in one hand. Any ideas if there's a way to get it one-handed?

Unnecessary Violence only works 1 handed to 2 handed, incidentally.

I need to spend less time thinking about this game...

It looks like Slof's Playable Xivilai (http://www.slofshive.co.uk/index.php?page=modarticle&modarticle/id=5pr6vqcipm8) Includes a separate ESP to do just that.

But you could just change it in the free construction set yourself.

@V: Broom staff, you say? Good idea.

Dogmantra
2010-07-31, 09:48 AM
If you want, you could always download the construction kit and change Shadowrend to a one hander yourself. It's incredibly easy. I did a lot of silly things like that in Morrowind. My favourite was a broom staff.

Cogidubnus
2010-07-31, 10:19 AM
Doesn't work in the CS. Well, you "wield" it one-handed, but the texture and mesh are for a two-hander, so you only get an invisible sword.

Dogmantra
2010-07-31, 10:20 AM
Ah, right, it's different from Morrowind then. I wasn't a fan of Oblivion so I didn't dabble in modding.

Cogidubnus
2010-07-31, 11:18 AM
And I tried the playable Xivilai, but it only works for the Xivilai, and doesn't actually make it a one-handed weapon.

Recaiden
2010-07-31, 12:02 PM
And I tried the playable Xivilai, but it only works for the Xivilai, and doesn't actually make it a one-handed weapon.

Hmm. Never tried it, but it came up looking. And you could probably adapt it to the sword you want? Maybe?

Try this mod? (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14181)

Cogidubnus
2010-07-31, 12:43 PM
Ah, worked out my problem. Missed out a mesh or 3 xD. Yeah, the Xivilai one lets you appear to be using a two-handed weapon in one hand, so long as you install the stuff in the extras folder for it.